Advice/Help Ive never rped in 1x1, and im not sure how to start one.

Green Dragon

Fire Hazard
Pretty much the title. I know how to actually start the thread, but what then? Do i tag the other rper so only they can reply somehow, or is it just an honor system? Ive only rped in conversations before so im not sure how 1x1 works. Note: im on mobile.

1x1 simply means that you roleplay with only one person, as opposed to Group roleplays.

There is 1x1 interest checks section where you can check threads of people who are willing to roleplay, or you can make a thread of your own where you describe what kind of roleplay you want to do.
If you find someone whose thread interested you, you can contact them.
And then just need to descide with that person, what you will roleplay and where (start a thread here for just the two of you, or in Private Messages) and go from there.

1x1 simply means that you roleplay with only one person, as opposed to Group roleplays.

There is 1x1 interest checks section where you can check threads of people who are willing to roleplay, or you can make a thread of your own where you describe what kind of roleplay you want to do.
If you find someone whose thread interested you, you can contact them.
And then just need to descide with that person, what you will roleplay and where (start a thread here for just the two of you, or in Private Messages) and go from there.
I know, but i have to invite the other person to the thread. Perhaps i worded it wrong, how do i invite them to the thread? Ive roleplayed in conversations from the start, and am looking to change it up.

ah I see what you you mean. You can just tag the person in your post with @ before their name and they will get notification that they're mentioned. Or simply send them the link to the thread.
If you're roleplaying in threads, they're public, anyone will be able to see them, so technically you don't need to invite in the same sense as you do for conversations. Telling another person that you made a thread would be enough.

Ah okay. So do other random people just not reply as a matter of course then, or is the thread locked in some way only to allow the first two posters to reply?

The thread is not locked for other people to reply, but generally people don't invade the 1x1 threads as common courtesy. At most, some can get curious and read them.

I would probably give them the link in PMs. I know I don’t always get mentions, especially if I’m following multiple threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back