• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings It's Winter, Time for Winter Roleplays! (◕ ワ ◕✿)

ValentineIllusion

Whoa what's a custom title-
Yo, winter themed roleplays and settings are seriously underrated.around here, and they are my absolute favorite thing lately. They add something special to every kind of roleplay. In romance roleplays, they add an extra reason for characters to cuddle. In fandom roleplays, they add a twist to the pre existing universe. In action roleplays, they add an extra element to fight and struggle against. And most importantly, in romance roleplays, they add an extra reason for characters to cuddle. (ㆁᴗㆁ✿).

I don't just do romance roleplays though I swear I'm cool.

Anyways!

Since it's nearly winter, Christmas is coming up and it's the most wonderful time of the year, I thought I'd start up some winter roleplays!

Few quick rules and things to mention:
1. I can match my post length to whatever my partner wants, but I definitely prefer 2-4 paragraph long replies, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer. It depends on the roleplay and what's happening in it.
2. I'm not too picky about grammar. As long as I can read it, it's fine.
3. I'm in college and sometimes my schedule screws me over, but I'll let you know if I disappear for a bit.
4. I do prefer playing the female role - my female OCs are definitely my favorite - but I will use my male OCs from time to time and I'm always open to doubling up on plots.
5. I really enjoy talking to my roleplay partners and developing the plot as it goes along.
On that note, these aren't going to start as the most developed plots ever ._.

But onto the plots anyways!

New Plots! Just mermaids right now, but I'm hoping to add fairies and werewolves too!

Whole kingdoms of mermaids have thrived underwater for years, but not without parley with the land kingdoms, of course. They function just as any other - they make alliances, they go to war, they arrange for young royals to be wed and they do what they can for their people.
One season, however, something hits them that's beyond the palace's control: A cold, unforgiving winter. The water is freezing, fish are swimming away to warmer seas, and they have started to find large patches of ice floating over their kingdom.
This, unfortunately, is all I have of this plot so far, but I'm really excited to develop it with somebody!

A large metropolitan city is plagued with one of the worst cold seasons they've ever seen. Snow is blanketing freeways. People are staying warm in their apartments next to their electronic fireplaces. They almost considered skipping out on the season's peppermint mochas just to avoid the freezing cold too.
But the local gangs and mafia still have a job to do and territory to protect. Muse A is one of the higher ups - if not the boss himself. Aside from a few mostly minor weather related changes, it's mainly been business as usual.
That is, until Muse B, a young, runaway woman, lands practically on their doorstep. Muse A would go teach her a lesson, but the snow does it for him - she passes out, out in the cold.
Muse A doesn't have many rules but he's at least got one: He doesn't hurt women and he doesn't let others do it for him. So he takes her in to give her from shelter from the cold - or, at least in their case, a safehouse.

Muse A lives as the token princess in a gorgeous palace - a perfect medieval fantasyland. Their laws may run strict but they maintain order. Even if they may struggle in their cold landscape, they make do. They hunt their meat, they harvest fur and wool for clothing, and they live their lives simply but happily. Who could ask for more?
The rebels. Those who could break the kingdom's strictest rule: No. Technology. They build machines, like boxes with moving pictures and metal fireplaces that generate heat without flames. Lately, there have been rumors that they're working on their most horrifying creation yet, something Muse A could never fathom: Something like a little cannon, but as portable as a bow and arrow, though far faster and deadlier. A gun and bullet.
New inventions don't come cheap, though. So Muse B, a member of the rebellion, comes up with an idea: kidnap Muse A and hold her for ransom. Through a little stealth and a little help from their inventions, they manage, and Muse A is at the mercy of them and their machines.

This plot really isn't much - just looking for an arranged marriage plot, where one royal from a warm region moves to a freezing region and has to adjust. Somehow. (ㆁᴗㆁ✿).

I literally have nothing for this yet, but it sounds cool, so here it is (ㆁᴗㆁ✿).

So this is a plot I've had for awhile, but just imagine it with more snow in it okay :D
[MC] is the daughter of an awfully infamous pirate - or famous pirate, depending on your morals. He was well known for how he stole whatever treasure he could get his hands on, constantly and relentlessly. His ship struck fear in the hearts of whoever saw it coming, but to [MC], it was just her home. Her father's riches were never impressive to her, considering she grew up with them. However, she never was fond of life at sea. The few times they would stop on land for supply runs were the best times of [MC]'s life, and she knew that that was where she was meant to be. Luckily, she had learned just enough from her father to easily be able to steal a small chunk of his treasure (Which was still a small fortune) and, during a supply one, sneak away into the town. She promised to leave the life of a pirate, that she never even asked for, behind her.
Fast forward a couple years. [YC] wasn't born into the life of a pirate, but oh boy, did he love it. A carefree life full of treasures and free of rules was his calling, so he followed it. And, like any self respecting pirate, he had sure heard of [MC]'s father. While most pirates had given up even trying to match his riches or steal them for themselves, [YC] was just adamant enough to keep trying. That's because he learns of a key detail about that pirate that few others knew...MC, his daughter. [YC] decides to drag her right back to the sea she despises so much, but on his boat this time. The only way to get information out of her is to kidnap her, and once they're all out on sea again, it's not like she can just run away.
[MC], however, claims ignorance. She hadn't spoken to her father in years and so she couldn't speak for his current whereabouts at all. [YC] isn't convinced. However, she's stuck at sea, and he's stuck without a lead on his target. They both have to find a way to at least tolerate each other to get what they want.

Send me a message if you're interested!

Last edited:
Hey! I'd be interested in several of your prompts, especially the pirates and superheroes concept.

Hello! Are you interested in an opposites attract plot ... in the snow, of course? Cause I have something for the superheroes idea.

Aah, late replies are late, blame finals week, I'm sorryyyy ;.;
I like the royals but in the snow one! (:

Yay! Could you send me a PM? c:

Hey! I'd be interested in several of your prompts, especially the pirates and superheroes concept.

Yay! A couple of people have asked me about the superheroes one, so would the pirate one be alright?

Hello! Are you interested in an opposites attract plot ... in the snow, of course? Cause I have something for the superheroes idea.

Ooh, yes, I'd love to hear it!

Everything, but in snow! I love it.
Anyhow, I'm interested in many of your prompts, Specifically Royals & Rebels, (But in the snow), however all of them are good prompts I'd be more than happy exploring!

Everything, but in snow! I love it.
Anyhow, I'm interested in many of your prompts, Specifically Royals & Rebels, (But in the snow), however all of them are good prompts I'd be more than happy exploring!

Ooh, I've really been most excited for the rebels one if that's alright! :D

Ooh, the Criminals plot sounds like so much fun! I'd love to do it with you... the only thing is... I can't play males. In my about seven years of roleplaying I've tried to do them, but at this point I've just given up. If you want to RP with me, would you be okay with playing the male character? If not, I totally understand and wish you luck in your snowy search!:)

Are you still looking for partners? I have some really awesome male characters that would fit well into the Criminals plot and the Steampunk plot. I do write a lot more than four paragraphs normally, but I'd still like to give either of them a shot with you, if you'd like. ^_^

Absolutely yes. All of this.

I am particularly drawn to the Pirates, the Steampunk Rebels, and the Criminals (all in the snow, respectively). I could be persuaded to do superheroes yet.

Hit me up, though! I feel like we would get along XD

Hello! I love the snow! And you are right, the winter season is usually over looked. I am interested in these plots an I will let you pick which you prefer to do, I also prefer to play male characters. ;)

1. Royals - in the snow
2. Pirates - in the snow
3.criminals - in the snow

hello again, might be interested in the royals…. but in the snow! plot XD :3

This thread reminds me of a spongebob episode.

Taking out the trash...at night.

Anyways. Superheroes in the snow would be fun. Message me if you're interested! ValentineIllusion ValentineIllusion

Bump with an update!
Sorry replies are so slow guys! Unfortunately, though, I've really lost interest in the superheroes idea. Sorry about that! All other plots are still open, and I'm open to just about anything else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back