• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern It's Real Life [detailed/advanced search]

Gemma Nye

ConflictOfPinterests
Hola, it's Rola.
Welcome to my realistic and/or modern interest check.
I've included some plot ideas that came to mind as well as some pairings that are at least one or both of these genres. You will see I honestly don't mind the mixing of genres, but the idea is that they need to be modern first, and then airing on the more realistic side than not.

Just a few things before I jump into it:
I consider myself a fairly advanced roleplayer, but by no means the best. I do like RPs on the lengthier side and will write multiple paragraphs. I ask that anyone interested in writing with me have a like mind and can meet my length (5+paras, 1400+words). Casual RPs are fine, but I prefer detail. If you have a question as to if our writing lengths match, you are welcome to submit a sample to me in PM via spoiler.
I prefer RPs in threads and I do not RP in PM. I will, however, write in Google Docs or something as such, if you desire. Any other locations you're welcome to suggest.
I do not have an age restriction, but I honestly prefer my partners be 18+, as I am of college age and can in general communicate with someone at least at that point in their life. I do not write romance with partners under 18.
I usually write female and I don't really care what you choose, regardless of subgenre (romance, action, etc). I can write male, and sometimes do, but overall, I've spent a lot of my writing career broadening my horizons and I just find I like writing female better. I'll reiterate that (unless a plot requires mxf) I do not have a preference as to the gender of your character. I'm perfectly fine with a fxf.
I have no exact limitations on the depth of the genre so an involved romantic relationship is fine, but, and see just below, I have general limitations for matters that are more sensitive.
I'm not going to list out topics unanimously considered to be triggering, just use common sense. No detailed abuse, I'd prefer none at all unless they were in a spat. No need for excessive violence (killing just bc isn't cyoot, y'all.) Really just ask at any point, before or during an RP, if you even think it could be going to far. Because I'll honestly let you know and be much happier because you asked before just doing it.
My availability is pretty much during the week. I am usually busy on weekends, and can be seen responding to PMs. I don't respect multiple replies a day, as I'm not really able to do so. I answer in the order received, but in general, you should get a response within two days. I will let you know if things are moving slowly!
It sucks to have this on here, but I'll keep it simple. Let me know when you will be taking longer than normal to reply. It's okay. Shoot me a PM when you know it's going to take you a while and I won't have to pester you. Inversely, I'm not going to pester you. I'll send a PM to check on you (bc I care), but I can't assume you're just busy with life or leaving me on read. So if I don't hear from you, after so long, I will respectfully withdraw from the RP.
It goes without saying I will reciprocate the notification.
Whew. That said. I promise I'm not a heavy hard ass. I'm actually super laid back and all that jazz. I have some pairings as well as plots (PM if you have other ideas that are realistic and/or modern). I've marked the roles I'd be most interested in. These will be updated regularly, so check back for a refresh to see new plots. I try not to double up in stories (and if I do, I usually ask if I can be the character I'm not already writing), but if it comes to it, I gladly will. Your ideas are welcome! :
best friend x best friend
co workers (amiable or feuding)
characters camping at a festival
deviant that is recruited x soldier
rich x working class
modern magician x non mag
deity sent to better understand humans x human
neighbors
Six long time friends reunited for their annual gathering. This year, instead of their usual week at one of their homes drinking their lives away, they chose the pristine beaches of an island resort. They fly over the sparkling waters to this picturesque destination where the breeze is light and cool and smells of the sea. Everyone is smiling and having a good time and the vibe is good. The group arrives to the rather nice hotel, minds ready and willing for the wide variety of adventures that would ensue. Except there was a mix-up at the hotel.

In an accidental overbooking, it seems that the resort doesn’t have the three suite villa available that the group had reserved. All that was available was a two bedroom suite in the main building of the resort. Enough room for four people. There was another room available, the group just wouldn’t be able to all stay together in the same suite. So now this is the big question. Which two of the friends were going to have to get split up from the group? Of course, basically everyone was dating someone they were already sore over leaving for a whooooole week to come here.

Character A, loud and rambunctious with a thirst for adventure, pipes up first. “Sure. Why not? I’m cool with any one of these people here.” But that still leaves the matter of the second person that would be staying in the separate room. It’s the reserved and calculated Character B who speaks next, eyes barely glancing over the novel cradled in their hands while they did so.

“I guess I can’t see the harm. I did want to get some reading done while I’m here. Be a good chance with less people around.” And of course they knew Character B didn’t dislike the group or want to alienate them. Just as Character A was enthusiastic about social interaction and was always the life of the party, Character B was enthusiastic about their career goals and hobbies and always loved a good book.

Characters A and B are taken to their room, parting ways just outside the lobby as their room wouldn’t even really be all that close together to the group’s. For the reservation being messed up, the hostess leading them to their accommodations informs them that they will be upgraded to one of the open-ocean facing bungalows nestled in the shallow waters of the resort next to a private beach.
The bungalow is comfortably temperature controlled, featuring artwork and styled furnishings to add ambiance to the room. They were more than satisfied with the hotel’s amendment of their mistake.

Character A and B wind up spending a lot of time together, starting on the very first day of the trip and it becomes evident right away that the two actually didn’t have the clearest perception of the other to begin with. It isn’t until their friendship is tested by the events on their vacation that lead them to realize there might be a little bit more than friends building between them…
What was supposed to be a fun vacation turned the worst for Character A and Character B. The company they worked for met all of their annual goals and as a thank you, several employees integral to the success this year were rewarded with an island getaway. There party hosted on their first night arriving from a couple hours on a lavish yacht is extravagant and offering all you can eat and all you can drink. A and B, normally rivals in their day to day lives, drink enough to forget their differences (or let’s be honest, they might even hate each other because they’re more similar than they care to admit) and sneak off together.

But when they awaken, having passed out drunk on the yacht, the pair find themselves nowhere near the port where the yacht had been docked. A storm had swept over the island and the strong currents and winds drifted the yacht somewhere else.
Now sober from their night’s shenanigans, A and B realize they have a serious problem on their hands. The yacht was beached and what seemed like unharmed but of course neither of them were boat builders or fixers so they could only guess. They could find no keys so it’s not like if they could get it far enough into water, they could drive it back to the port. After a quick check in the cabins, there’s very little food, as the employees were to be staying in villas a bit more inland from the beach. And those villas were nowhere in sight. Not much other than trees and beach were around them.

The two manage to agree that they should get to higher ground as soon as possible so that they can get a vantage point and be closer to their destination than still lost by nightfall. They pack up what they can carry and set off into the forest to find the rest of the group and get rescued from the island.

And they have no choice but to work together if they have any chance of making it out alive.
Muse A lived a rich and lavish life. Their self-built empire exploded at an early age for them and straight out of college (having graduated early and at the top of their class, no less) they were thrust into the corporate world. Muse A struggles with friendships and relationships due to the lack of autheniticity of individuals since they are basically famous at that point. Their success story is well known in the city and there aren’t many that don’t recognize his face from magazines or just as the head of this massively successful corporation.

Loneliness drains Muse A and they decide to take a bit of time off. The innovative ideas they used to have were scarce and a few days to themselves might fit the bill. Unfortunately, staying at their home wasn’t really all that favorable because the phone constantly rang and there were people that knew where to find them. A split decision to take a short trip to the countryside shines a little bit of hope down on Muse A and first thing, they are off to a small town not too far away from the hustle and bustle of downtown.

There, on a walk through one of the historic and beautiful parks, Muse A stumbles upon Muse B. Literally stumbles on them. The path curves around a sharp bend obstructed by some lovely flowering bushes and the two just happened to be going along on the same path and collide together.
Muse B apologizes profusely for being so careless. Which is funny because Muse A was doubling them with their own string of apologies. A short laugh is shared after their unintended collaboration and there is no sign of tension from the little mishap. While there’s someone in front of them, Muse A inquires about a special meadow featuring a sparkling creek and an amazing view of the rolling hillside. Muse B tells them they have time to show them (it would be easier than trying to give verbal instructions to a place with a particular entrance) and they are off together to explore. Muse A finds out more about Muse B, learning that they are from the town and work in the city, but lives in an apartment with a view so that they have a break from writing to relax and take in the sights. They never mention family, and Muse A can’t blame them because their self-description was lacking much detail on their own family. But something about Muse B seems unnecessarily guarded..

Muse A only spends a few days in this location, but requests the company of Muse B, saying that they didn’t know their way around and just wanted to get away, but didn’t exactly mind if someone came along. But Muse A, in that short time spent in the hills, figures they meant a lot more than what they said and that their feelings had somehow become entangled with this mystery person.
Maybe they were someone else trying to get away from what plagued them most in life, too…

[border] This is a general section for romance plots. It doesn't need to be a romance that for sure works out (that's up to our writing!), but these plots center around a romantic relationship. No one under 18 will be accepted.
  • Muse A was a shy girl/boy from a small town looking to get away from the countryside and escapes to another country altogether. Muse B seeks refuge in the same Mexican beach resort as Muse A, needing a break from the hustle and bustle of city life. The two meet and hit it off, an unsuspecting romance brewing between the two considering Muse A’s shyness and Muse B’s general inability to commit due to past failed relationships. But the two are enraptured and their vacation draws to an end. The two have no plans to ever see each other again, assuming they lived too far to even entertain the idea of a relationship.
    That is, until one evening several months later, outside of the garage to Muse B’s apartment building, B spots Muse A getting haggled by a couple of grimey characters and comes to their rescue, happening to be coming out of the garage to enter their building after a long day at work.
    And it’s like no time had passed, the sparks flying between them like before.
    It’s complete coincidence, of course, as they’d never spoken about where they were from in Mexico, and neither had spoken of each other to anyone else since they basically were just hook up partners during vacation. Muse A had saved enough money to move to the city, as they had planned to, and the apartment they chose just happened to be in the same exact building as Muse B.
    Muse B can’t deny they’ve thought about Muse A non-stop and decide they can’t pass up this opportunity. But can they shrug off their trust issues enough to let Muse A in?
[/border]

This will be updated frequently!
I prefer PM replies from members who can send them, but new members and others are welcome to respond to the thread!

Last edited:
I’d love to do any of these with you, if you have a specific craving just send me a message!!(:

I absolutely adored your last plot yet I love them all haa.

I'd be interested in your written out plot, and have some ideas to add to it, but I haven't been on here enough to PM yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back