• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom It's Punishment Time: Dangan Ronpa Rp

When a character dies what should we do?

• Make them into something like Monobear/Monomi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Transfer them into DanganRonpa 2

• Let it be and let them actually die.

• If everyone dies, should we make new characters? Clicking this means Yes

• If everyone dies, should we make new characters? Clicking this means No

• Roll a 10 sided dice and get the same amount of clues as the roll

• Have 6 no matter what

• Total voters
Personally I think that OP as fudge. The SDHL should only have one SDHL. I mean you already have the prodigy, which means she is basically perfect at almost everything. So really.... I don't like that character *shrug* My opinion

Lol xD ... to be honest when I making my charecter I was trying to decide between assassin or theif... glad I picked thief xD

~♤~

Peaceswore said:
Personally I think that OP as fudge. The SDHL should only have one SDHL. I mean you already have the prodigy, which means she is basically perfect at almost everything. So really.... I don't like that character *shrug* My opinion

Actually, prodigy doesn't mean perfect. She basically just has business/academic skills, with social skills hitting a flat zero and thus making her so imperfect. No matter how good the academics and business skills, they're of no use if the person can't apply them :x

Yeah I have no problem with that (though I don't think you can reprogram the E hand book) ((Not sure, but I don't think Chihiro could because of some rule or something of the sort))

Honestly, that new character is interesting. I like her- complex, well-developed, interesting. However, for this setting, she's definitely overpowered. My main reason for saying this is that she can not only adapt herself into other appearances but create new talents at will that are associated with them. That oversteps considerably, considering everyone else is limited to one.

Politely, I ask- how will you be able to fit these within the plot seamlessly? Without offense, I would think that it would be the sort of twist one would add into one of his or her own stories rather than a group RP. But hey, if you believe soundly that you can pull it off...

Peaceswore said:
Yeah I have no problem with that (though I don't think you can reprogram the E hand book) ((Not sure, but I don't think Chihiro could because of some rule or something of the sort))
Also, yes. There was an explicit rule that the e-handbook could not be tampered with. It's how the gang figured out the killer in the second trial, I believe.

Nonagon said:
Honestly, that new character is interesting. I like her- complex, well-developed, interesting. However, for this setting, she's definitely overpowered. My main reason for saying this is that she can not only adapt herself into other appearances but create new talents at will that are associated with them. That oversteps considerably, considering everyone else is limited to one.
Not create new talents to adapt to them, actually... She already had those as natural talents, so really she can just adapt to become a new identity.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Not create new talents to adapt to them, actually... She already had those as natural talents, so really she can just adapt to become a new identity.

[/QUOTE]
No offense, but that doesn't make it much better. It's still overlapping three talents (and technically three whole characters) into one. I understand the whole Syo-like split identity, but it's a bit far-fetched. D:

I can help you try and de-OP your character, if you'd prefer!

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Not create new talents to adapt to them, actually... She already had those as natural talents, so really she can just adapt to become a new identity.

[/QUOTE]
You listed out more than one SHSL. If she's adapting to talents she already has, then she as a singular entity has multiple SHSL titles. Also, in the profile you said: "This is a talent she's able to couple with her Kiraha identity's hacking skills in order to produce any identity she so wishes" My point still stands.

The title that allows her to 'adapt to any of her existing talents' is in itself overpowered.

Last edited by a moderator:
StrawberryDessert said:
No offense, but that doesn't make it much better. It's still overlapping three talents (and technically three whole characters) into one. I understand the whole Syo-like split identity, but it's a bit far-fetched. D:
Not really a Genocider Sho split personality thing, as it's not some kind of major mental change or anything. Technically not three, more like a Chihiro thing pretending to be the opposite gender.

Nonagon said:
You listed out more than one SHSL. If she's adapting to talents she already has, then she as a singular entity has multiple SHSL titles. My point still stands.
The title that allows her to 'adapt to any of 13-ish talents' (thirteen being the number you gave in the character profile) is in itself overpowered.
That's thirteen identities, not thirteen talents. I previously said she doesn't create talents for personalities, I said she created the personalities with her talents. Really, you're trying to argue I have thirteen talents when I only (at present time) have three down. In other words, your point about creating talents doesn't stand, and in its place you've formed a completely different point to try and claim it as what you'd previously said :x

Besides, what's with all the bashing and stuffs everybody? Did I not say that I went overboard with the character? >~>

No, no! We're not trying to bash you, it's okay. No one is trying to attack you, we're just trying to make sure that everything is being played fair. Do you want help?

StrawberryDessert said:
No, no! We're not trying to bash you, it's okay. No one is trying to attack you, we're just trying to make sure that everything is being played fair. Do you want help?
I personally prefer not get help, as I feel it's not my own original work if I do get help. I mean, I know my characters are usually quite bad, but I still prefer those bad characters being 100% my own work. Thank you for the offer though :x

They're not trying to bash you. I'm sure someone'll give you a helping hand if you ask. Right?

Your character isn't bad, there's nothing wrong on the development level. She just might not quite be fit for this setting. Get what I mean?

Ventuswill said:
Your character isn't bad, there's nothing wrong on the development level. She just might not quite be fit for this setting. Get what I mean?
No no, all of my characters are bad. I've acknowledged this since I started creating characters :x It's better than how I used to call them horrible, so that's a plus compared to when I first started :x

Just to make it clear: Your character is fine, on a basic level of skill and writing. It's obvious that you put in a lot of time, effort and love. It's just not all right to have a character with three talents, and I'm a bit worried that a character that swaps identities often may disrupt the writing flow.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Not really a Genocider Sho split personality thing, as it's not some kind of major mental change or anything. Technically not three, more like a Chihiro thing pretending to be the opposite gender.
That's thirteen identities, not thirteen talents. I previously said she doesn't create talents for personalities, I said she created the personalities with her talents. Really, you're trying to argue I have thirteen talents when I only (at present time) have three down. In other words, your point about creating talents doesn't stand, and in its place you've formed a completely different point to try and claim it as what you'd previously said :x

Besides, what's with all the bashing and stuffs everybody? Did I not say that I went overboard with the character? >~>

[/QUOTE]
Sorry if it seems like I'm being harsh! I'm just trying to riddle this out in order to understand your thinking on the matter. I tend to get in debates a lot, but I know it isn't easy for some people to understand the difference between attacking an argument and ad hominem.

Ventuswill said:
Just to make it clear: Your character is fine, on a basic level of skill and writing. It's obvious that you put in a lot of time, effort and love. It's just not all right to have a character with three talents, and I'm a bit worried that a character that swaps identities often may disrupt the writing flow.
Seconded.

Ventuswill said:
I'm talking overall, I know my characters are bad :x

Also, I don't plan for often identity swap, simply being there under one identity though actually being another person and gender, possibly to be revealed at some point :x

Nonagon said:
Sorry if it seems like I'm being harsh! I'm just trying to riddle this out in order to understand your thinking on the matter. I tend to get in debates a lot, but I know it isn't easy for some people to understand the difference between attacking an argument and ad hominem.
It's not really me saying bashing in a "being harsh" way, but rather me saying I don't like how everybody's pushing for a point when they don't need to because I already admitted beforehand that the character was going overboard :x

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]I'm talking overall, I know my characters are bad :x
Also, I don't plan for often identity swap, simply being there under one identity though actually being another person and gender, possibly to be revealed at some point :x

It's not really me saying bashing in a "being harsh" way, but rather me saying I don't like how everybody's pushing for a point when they don't need to because I already admitted beforehand that the character was going overboard :x

[/QUOTE]
Mmhm, we know. We're just saying that... we can't accept it if it's overboard. That might be why we're all trying to pitch in and help, so that you can have your second character here with us! The more, the merrier, right?

Ventuswill said:
Mmhm, we know. We're just saying that... we can't accept it if it's overboard. That might be why we're all trying to pitch in and help, so that you can have your second character here with us! The more, the merrier, right?
I already know that an overboard character isn't acceptable, which is why I'm trying to get some edits in but people keep pushing their points, so I can't focus on the character without looking like I'm ignoring everybody because I think my character's better than everybody's or something... I don't wanna be that guy who seems to ignore everybody because they can't take comments that don't reflect perfectly positive things >~<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back