• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern It's been 84 years... [one on one search - mxf or fxf - modern pairings etc - open to suggestions]

Strive

it's only forever. not long at all.

84.gif

Hiiiiiieeeeeee.

I used to have this all BB-coded, but it keeps breaking, and I decided it wasn't worth waiting to post over anymore. I'm sorry it's not so pretty. Maybe one of these days I'll come back and fix it but for now, I'm letting it go for the sake of finding an RP. It's been almost a year since I've been on this website and probably a decade since I've had a proper RP. I was brought back to the site by an old partner PMing me, and since I'm back around for her, I thought a few more wouldn't hurt. I honestly feel like it'll stick this time because I am in the midst of rediscovering a lot of things I used to love, such as drawing, painting, reading, and anime. Of all things I think I miss writing the most. So, without further ado, here is a bit about me, some ideas I'm familiar with, and some guidelines to working with me. See you on the other side.

So, here's the low down on me:

My name is Sarah. You can call me Sarah, or Strive, or, I dunno, whatever you feel like I suppose. I'm 28 years old (gross, when did that happen!? I promise I'm not a creep) and although I've been on a major hiatus as a semi-functional adult member of society (ha) I began roleplaying at the age of twelve on Neopets. It was magical, it really was. I miss it very much. I miss the friends I made back then and I especially miss how creative I was able to feel because of it. I've never performed very well in a forum setting but I have successfully taken roleplays off site before and had them last for years, so that's something to consider. I used to be what was considered advanced-lit, and I don't know if that's still a thing or not, but it's what I was.

Note: This intro is coming out as extremely conversational, and casual, and sounding more like the way that I speak in person. I feel like that's fine. I assure you that I can write as eloquently as the next person. But I think this is important to note, because hopefully I will be finding a friend here as much as a new writing partner.

I'm currently unemployed because I relocated from Southern California to Washington with my boyfriend and quit my job in order to do so. He makes decent money where we are now, enough that me working is not a necessity, so for now I don't. I pretty much play real life Suzy Homemaker, meaning I'm available to write and respond to you pretty much 24/7. I have trouble sleeping, so even though I'm in the PST time zone, I'm around randomly and will probably adjust to what times you respond. Knowing myself though, I will likely reply within a few hours of receipt. And clearly I am capable of cranking out more than a few paragraphs at a time (snort).

Pairings and Plots

Please understand that I'm looking for "Realistic/Modern" and that's pretty much all. I get performance anxiety when it comes to topics that I don't know inside out, which for me includes fandoms, high fantasy and sci-fi. They just aren't my gig, and I don't want to make a fool of myself by having not done the research that I feel is necessary. I dunno, it's a mental thing, I guess. So basically my scope of genres is limited to slice of life and pairings, perhaps sprinkled with some preternatural things like Vampires, at least until I get my feet wet. I might be willing to budge if you are willing to be patient with me working around unfamiliar territory.

Below are some ideas. They're just the basics. I'm actually having quite a struggle coming up with them so please feel free to make suggestions. I'm open to suggestions, always. We'll work out a loose timeline and direction or plot before we start. Usually I like to just lay down a general setting and/or situation and then kind of wing it from there, rather than storyboard the whole thing out. I like to let things develop organically and allow us to surprise each other; we can discuss plot points as necessary.

► Long Distance Relationship
► ► Borrowing this one from an RP ages ago. This would involve two people who may or may not have already been together, being split up by reasons beyond their control (depending on age, they or their parent take a job across the country, could be different universities, etc). Will they stand the test of time? Or is it "out of sight, out of mind"?
► Longtime Online Friends
► ► This may be very similar to the idea above, except that the two have never physically met. They may know each other to varying degrees. Have they known each other for months, years? Are they really interested or is being misconstrued? Is the relationship purely text? Have they skyped? Talked on the phone? Are they each really who they say that they are?
► Rival Schools
► ► Boys Academy vs Girls Academy, intercity football, or even a pen-pal program are all semi-plots I've thought of.
► Love-Hate Relationship
► ► Everyone thinks that they hate each other--they argue all the time. They'll never admit to each other that they actually care very deeply about the other. When it comes down to it can always count on each other, although they're basically just using and abusing each other for personal gain.
► Boarding School
► ► This can be a general school, or one for a specific inclination (artistic, musical) anything but gifted mutants (ugh). We can weave some kind of competition or duet situation.
► Coworkers
► ► This can go any number of ways. Coffee shop? Office cubicle land? Fellow teachers? The maid and the pool boy? Who knows?
► Student x Authority Figure
► ► This is a pretty classic one. It could be the principal, teacher, hell, janitor. Blackmail, sympathy... Whatever floats your boat!
► Mix-and-match Wedding Party Members
► ► Bride-to-be x Maid of Honor, Bride-to-Be x Best Man, Groom x Bridesmaid, Best Man x Bridesmaid... endless possibilities. Could be very cute.
► Model x Photographer
► ► Model is booked for a risque shoot, but decides to back out at the last minute because it might be damaging to their portfolio. Photographer, however, gets greedy and submits the photos anyway. Can they live with the guilt once Model sees the prints?

Rules

► Must be willing to conduct roleplay via PMs (or off site).
Be available!
► ► I know that real life happens. It's okay. I don't expect you to be at my beck and call, but I do expect timely responses more than once a week. Writer's block is a thing and I get it too, but replying is one of those things where "more is just more." Let's be real, in today's day and age, one could compose a couple of paragraphs while they are on the toilet.

► Please be able to write a couple of paragraphs at a time.
► ► This will ebb and flow. I am just asking in general that we both put detail into our writing and make an equal effort to keep things moving along. If there's a problem, don't be afraid to let me know. We can adjust the plot, rewind, rewrite, reboot. It's all good.

► Romance is gonna happen.
► ► Not only is this one of the most common and important themes in the majority of stories, but it is one that I enjoy and to be frank it is at the forefront of what I am searching for. This does not have to be the center of or at the beginning of a story, nor should it be in many cases.

I'll write any romantic combo except MxM.
► ► No tea, no shade. Plain and simple, I am female and I am not experienced, qualified, or interested in male slash fiction. This does not mean I won't play a male character or that I am even remotely against LGBTQ people. I am more than willing to do FxF.

Feel free to send a PM if you are interested in setting something up or have any questions. Since the minimum post count was raised to 25, I am currently unable to send PMs.

Best wishes,
Strive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back