Advice/Help It's another fantasy roleplaying system!

official clown business

Okay so our name is Piss and we are the Mafioso
It would be in your best interest to avoid replying to this post. Just take in what I've shown here and consider the plots I haven't shown you yet.

As daunting as group roleplaying, commitment, and matching five-paragraph monsters daily seems, I'm thinking about giving it all a try at some point in the next couple weeks, but perhaps minus that last part... unless there really is some worth in writing out all that content.

But now I want this roleplaying to take place in this whole new world I've decided to create, and I've decided it's going to have it's own semi-unique dice system and everything (without the complexities of stuff like D&D), mostly because I'm dying to use all those cool icons you'll find as you take a look at everything I've laid out below.

Today, I feel like I've definitely got something going here. I've got races I feel I've named well, I've got a very simple system down there I want to refine and eventually use at some point, and I've got several light adventures of moderate length brewing in my head.

Only thing I need now is feedback. Lots of feedback. Mainly, I'd just like to know what you fellows think of what I've here, how I'm doing, and if I'm doing fairly well on lore and the system I plan on using.

Feedback, criticisms, suggestions, advice... I'll take it all in, as well as the hope that perhaps I'll be able to find myself and several others in the midst of a semi-memorable roleplaying experience soon. Once I've got all this stuff figured out.

Thanks!

Races
Am I doing this right?
Human
An easily recognized, but highly adaptable race known for their civilizations.In a world such as this, humanity will certainly not be found in any small quantity, with their settlements, kingdoms, and organizations spanning the vast majority of the regions in the continent. While human nature is well known to the readers and requires no explanation, humans have an unusual affinity to adaptation not seen in other races.
Humans must pick one of up to four available 'subraces' to have as part of their character, gaining unique abilities as a result of their birthplace.

Nomad
latest
Nomads start with additional 'points' to spend on acquiring more initial items & skills.
The most common race of humans, nomads are often found within the safety of their own civilizations, and are abundant in the southern regions where magic and harsh conditions are far less prevalent than further north. Nomads make up for their lack of racial abilities with the pride they have in their stuff.
Sprylet
latest
Whenever an ally casts a spell for the first time in a campaign, Sprylet may roll to cast it as well, and will learn it if they roll high enough.
One of the two human races that can be found up north, sprylet are generally born to magically experienced parents or places that are rife with magic. It's easy to tell a sprylet from another human by their often vibrant eye colors and their affinity towards learning spells and magical feats of all kinds.
Vherid
latest
Vherid are immune to most negative status effects and afflictions.
A highly rugged northern race, vherid are only born in places where environmental adversity is known to thrive. Their rough and resilient skin allows them to be quite resistant to sicknesses, magical afflictions, and the kind of harsh weather that would make a normal person reluctant to proceed any further.
Ilfern
latest
Ilfern start combat with maximum stamina, and may still meditate after the first round.
Humans that begin their life below the surface of the world are ilfern, who are well suited to the dark and eerie environments below. Aside from the decidedly inhuman stamina they possess, ilfern have often been noted to have eyes which glow dimly, especially in total darkness.

Kobold
Adventurous, ever curious, and bold - traits that speak true to their name.
latest
Kobolds use two dice when rolling, and inflict far greater damage with unarmed strikes.
Known for their rocky fur, fangs, roughly 4 foot stature, and eighty-year lifespan, the bold race belongs to the voyagers and explorers who make their home in many of the mountains and desert regions throughout the world. Kobolds are known for their unusually good (and sometimes unusually bad) luck as well as their abilities in close combat, both of which are certainly quite fitting for a life in the wide world.
Steibold
latest
Steibolds use two dice when rolling, and are greatly resistant to attacks that deal high damage.
Kobolds born under the world are known to go through an unusual change that results in them being tougher and far more difficult to physically buckle. With fur as tough as metal or obsidian, steibolds have natural armor that appears to be far stronger than the kind made conventionally.

I need a better name for this subrace, because after looking at it a few times I've decided it's definitely not gonna be 'steibold'. If you have any suggestions I'll be happy to hear them!

Drakir
Taller, wiser, and longer lived - much to the chagrin of the other races.
latest
Drakir start with additional condition, and regenerate it at a gradual rate.
This uncommon race of dragon-or-lizard-like individuals can be found almost anywhere they want to be found. Towering over the other races with a height of between 8 and 10 feet, drakir can appear quite imposing when first met, but most are virtuous and intelligent fellows who are just as comfortable with a sedate lifestyle as they are with a thrilling one. With a lifespan of around two-hundred years, the average drakir will have quite a bit to say about the world around them when you come across one.
Anfirn
latest
Anfirn start with additional stamina, and regenerate it at a faster rate.
Like the other two races, drakir are known to adapt in an interesting fashion when born below the surface. If the second pair of horns jutting from their forehead doesn't convince a person of the anfirn's presence, they'll still take note of their inordinate fitness and ability to endure tasks that would tire out an ordinary person quickly.

Aerok
An elusive race of winged creatures from the farthest northern reaches.
latest
Aerokot possess the abilities of evasion, fast movement, and flight.
The rarest of the four races in the world, little is known about the aerokot. The rare few that have had the fortune to become acquainted with this race know of their short, forty-year lives, their sharp talons, and the extra pair of feathered limbs that can keep them airborne at all times. Despite these features, they seem to be a mostly peaceful race that prefers to live out their lives far from the rest of the known world.

Aerokot are not available for use in most of the campaigns I have planned, but they could show up soon. Who knows?

The Foundations of a Roleplay System
Information about stats for reference, as I slowly figure out if I can make this system work.
  • Keeping track of the myriad stats in some of those other systems probably takes time... a lot of time. I'm pretty sure I've managed to simplify things here.
  • The D20 is used to determine success and failure. There are no modifiers (aside from accuracy), and critical successes and critical failures do in fact exist here.
  • Character creation is like a very simple
    latest
    point-spend for equipment and skills. If you've played Call of Duty or something then you probably know what I'm talking about.

• The average character has a base condition of
    latest
    8, and drakir have
    latest
  • When your condition is at 0, you will have to roll for your life whenever you are hit by an attack. You only have a 5% chance of dying the first time, but this chance increases with every point of damage you take - up to 50% - until you are killed. When you die, you are out of the roleplay for good.
  • You can mend bones and flesh with medicine and magic, but without blood it'll be difficult to recover in and out of combat. Time or blood magic are the only surefire methods of restoring health.
  • Before condition can be depleted, your opponent will have to go through your
    latest
    armor first. Your character will most likely have some kind of
    latest
    latest
    latest
    armor that'll prevent lasting wounds from occurring.

• The average character has a base stamina of
    latest
    12, and anfirn have
    latest
  • You start combat with half of your stamina rounded down, and it will restore at a slow rate. Meditating during the first round will restore it to full if you don't do anything else that round.
  • Stamina is used for the many spells and abilities your character will have, and can also be used to interrupt an incoming attack or ability. You only have one action per round, but may interrupt as much as you like as long as you have the stamina to do so.
  • latest
    Accuracy &
    latest
    evasion are the primary modifiers in combat. The untrained character has a base of 70% accuracy, 0% evasion (aerokot have 10% evasion), but your character's no rookie and should be higher in each with the help of skills, armor, and magical items.

I have a few more questions about random stuff and will probably have more as I receive feedback, but they'll come later. For now, I'll wait and see what you've got for me.

icons are from the website game World's End, created by Mezzanine Stairs. it's actually a pretty cool game, check it out when you have time.
inspired by D&D, URealms, World's End, and much more

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back