• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy iso a partner for a medieval fantasy (?) plot ♡

BTS

it's that time again - aka, time for me to roll back into these forums after falling off the face of the earth for a few months because inspiration has struck, as strike it does!

more info about me can be found in my 1x1 search thread, but for the sake of convenience here are some salient details: i'm 28, residing in EST, a lit to advanced lit writer who uses irl faceclaims due to horrible face blindness. the plot i'm currently looking for will require a fair bit of exposition and detail here, so strap in while i attempt to gather my thoughts into something cohesive!

the setting is very loosely based on a:tla, so this fictional nation is a rough equivalent of an east asian one. my character uses the faceclaim of either hoyeon jung or kang seulgi. i'm open to any for the opposite i have in mind, which i will explain further momentarily!

MC is the queen, having ascended to the throne very unwillingly quite recently, about ten months ago in a turn of events that shook the foundations of the entire kingdom. not only had her older brother always been the crown prince, but she also was widely known to have no interest in ruling, with every intention of abdicating should the responsibility ever somehow fall to her. however, she never anticipated such a tragedy might befall her in her lifetime, as her father was also alive and well. somehow, though, the universe must have conspired against her, because her father and brother were assassinated on the same night, poisoned at a holiday feast by a culprit who has, to this day, yet to be identified. eyes naturally turned to the primary 'beneficiary' of their deaths, the princess who would now become queen overnight. sure, she'd always said she'd rather die herself than be responsible for an entire nation, but might it have been a ploy to avert suspicion while she lay in wait, seeking out the right moment to strike? such ideas are only voiced in hushed whispers, though, tucked away in secluded corners with fervent glances over one's shoulder. after all, she is the queen now, and men have been condemned to the dungeons for saying less.

presiding over a kingdom has slowly but steadily changed her into something nigh unrecognizable. between grief, survivor's guilt, the pressures of ruling and the paranoia that whoever did kill her family may be coming for her next, she has hardened from a bright, witty, occasionally sardonic but overall charming young woman into a steely-eyed, caustic force to be reckoned with. she is much less lenient with criminals than her father before her, giving out harsh sentences for relatively minor crimes, and there are whispers that her armies are preparing to conquer a smaller nation to the south - only confirming, in the minds of many of her people, the suspicion that she likely was responsible for her family's deaths. somewhere underneath this stony exterior she's constructed, there still remains a grieving, terrified woman in desperate need, but very few can see through her facade to catch a glimpse of the truth.

enter the opposite i'm looking for! he is her royal advisor, as he was to her father for two years before his death, having taken over the position after his own father's ailing health sent him into retirement. as such, he and the queen were childhood friends, growing up together - although he is a bit older, and was closer to her brother, his closest friend. naturally, this makes things more challenging as not even he is above the speculation as to whether she had a hand in murdering his friend. to complicate matters further, in their younger days, he and the queen were, for a time, deeply in love, a courtship cut short by his sudden betrothal to a girl from a lesser noble house. ultimately, that marriage never took place, but neither did the young princess allow him back into her heart lest the same thing happen again.

as you can see, i'm really looking to explore the dynamic between not only a queen who's ostensibly going mad with power and her advisor trying desperately to temper her, but also lifelong friends and former(/future) lovers, one of whom is on a path of destruction and in need of intervention - all while the other can't entirely shake off suspicion. angst, drama, a healthy dose of fluff. please send me a dm if you're interested, i have great muse for this plot 😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back