• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Screenshot_20240126-233049-889.png

"I uh.. I dunno.. I.. I... Wh.." the witch stuttered as Kalina told her that pretty much she was in her own as long as the one particular vampire lived. It seemed easy, but for the anxious and traumatized witch it was nearly painful. Not to mention the cursed Velvet wanted out to take matters into her own hands she appeared to be resisting so many things. She clutched her chest a bit as she attempted to control her breathing. Feeling her corrupted heart, the familiar voice of Viokii chimed. "Huh?" She replied as she looked up at the construct, then her mouth would draw a confident smile. "Yeah, you're right. I.. I think I know what to do." She turned but quickly looked back. "Uhm.. please be careful. Okay?" Looking at Liu then back at her.

Once speaking with Viokii was concluded the tough decision still lay before her. She struggled to make up her mind, but when hearing Vaiheres increasingly doubtful comments she quickly walked up to her. "Hi!" She said awkwardly, "I know this seems absolutely weird, and confusing and quite concerning but.. I'm on your side here so don't give up just yet." A quick wink before raising her hands at everyone, seeing as Kalina suddenly appeared to make matters worse with deception and a change of guise. "Everyone! Stay calm." Then in a more whispered voice. "Kalina is still Kalina. She's pretending! So.. please don't hurt her.. too badly." A tiny grin towards the end of that sentence.

"Right. Vaihere dear, I believe it's just you and me here. Tell you what? You know how the professor instructed me to help you achieve insight and empathy? Well, this is our opportunity! You see, we have to kill everyone except that vampire." Pointing at Yurena, "That vampire." Pointing at the Head Vampire. "Aaaaand maybe that vampire." Pointing at the one on the throne. "Everyone else, is toast!" She giggled. "Shall we?" She said ushering her forward. "I'm so squishy, so please don't let anyone hit me okay? You've seen what I can do. Just keep everything away."

If Vaihere would agree and continue forward Infront of her Scylla would proceed to cast Fire Arrows towards the targets in front of Vaihere.

Fire Arrows - Magic Affinity E - Fire Affinity F - Magic Range E (30ft) - Magic Targets E (5 targets) [Energized E] - Scylla emulates the motion of firing a bow with her staff, charging her magical power before repeating name of ability, sending fiery arrows at great speed towards targets. - Grade E - 0 Cooldowns [Energized E]

Action 1 -
Move behind Vaihere (P 23)
Action 2 - Burn 5 Targets Infront of Vaihere
Action 3 -

Mentions & Character Goals:
Elvario Elvario Kalina – Find the 'Bleeding Dragon Scale' Professor's Goal: – If Lykra shows up, fend her off.
RavenSong RavenSong Scylla – Help out Kalina. Professor's Goal: Teach his assistant some [insight] and/or [empathy].
Pet Panda Pet Panda Fei Liu – Go on a day trip from the bad slums to the even worse Underbelly. Professor's Goal: refused
Maxxob Maxxob Erich – Explore what unethical inventions a place like the Underbelly might have to offer. Professor's Goal: Test the Tommy gun and fix it if needed.
Femboy Femboy Viokii – Avoid getting sold. Join Erich in the search for unethical technology. Professor's Goal: Explain how her 'skin' is made.

L8ZcIWz.jpeg

Combat Rules are still active
  • Remember to keep track of your cooldowns.
  • Use three actions per post at most.
  • Basic attacks and/or defend actions, talking a lot (more than a few sentences), using abilities and similar stuff all take up an action.
  • Friendly NPC's will generally act defensively, unless told otherwise by someone they'd be inclined to listen too.
  • Use the grid (1-22 and A-AQ) to clarify where you go when changing positions. All movement, expect for scaling up or down the walls of the arena will take 1 action.
  • Scaling the walls from the ground floor to the tribunes/stands, which is an action of its own.
  • Use the grid (1-22 and A-AQ) to clarify which enemy/enemies are being targetted, otherwise I might randomly assume stuff in the case of unclarity.
  • Don't hesitate to ask questions when/if needed.

With Erich recovering from the impact of the Tommy Gun, he was able to get up and aim (+1 combo) after which he hired his weapon at one of the nearby vampire spawn. Thanks to his careful aiming, he managed to hit the creature square in the head, which combined with the starting flames, was enough to take it down.

That was enough for the head vampire to snap her finger, after which the battle started. A fair few of the nearby vampire spawn immediately closed in on them, but they were intercepted by the guards. It looked like the lines would hold for the guards to Erich's right, but the one on his left (X6) got hit in the face by the vile substances of one of the spitting creatures, causing him to swing blindly in an attempt to keep the vampire spawn off, but seeming at risk of being taken down by them.

On the opposite side of the arena, Viokii was doing the same. (I'll count 'prepared a shot' as a +1 combo). Her shot also managed to take out the vampire spawn, as it was accurate enough to hit it right between the eyes. The shot did, however, draw the attention of the other nearby vampire spawn, who immediately rushed to close in on her. With the corpse of their fallen comrade in the way, only one of them (Z27) managed to claw (F grade attack, natural weapons) at Viokii, whilst the other two were still held up for the turn.

Liu watched Viokii get up, but stayed down himself (X26 would've been where he'd ended up if he'd joined Viokki in climbing up, so I put him at X24 which is where he'd have helped her up from). Otherwise, he managed to avoid attention for the moment.

As Scylla would approach Vaihere, the construct would immediately aim her larger arm at Scylla and be on guard.

Vaihere
GQWyk69.jpg

“Are you?” She asked, as it seemed she didn't exactly believe it. Perhaps she'd learned some [insight] in being distrustful, in all the wrong ways. It was clear she wasn't the most convinced by Scylla's argument about Kalina either.

That said, it was clear the construct was struggling with what to do next. She likely realised she'd be in trouble if she had everyone here as enemies, so perhaps she was making a calculating based on her survival chances if she went along with the witch. Whatever it was, she eventually replied. “Very well. Exterminating the spawn and the ones controlling them would be in the professor's interest.”

She made the conclusion just in time as well, as with Erich and Viokii attacking, the vampire spawn countered. One of them was almost ready to jump at Scylla, but Vaihere used her mechanized arm to swing it out of the air and smash it against the ground, where it remained without moving.
Scylla would proceed to fire five magic bolts at the vampire spawn nearest to them, but it was just short of killing them instantly, which meant there were now five burning and enraged vampire spawn rushing at them. Luckily enough, Vaihere was quick to act. From her mechanical arm, she unleashed a metal hooked thread and would sweep it in a lashing motion, catching up the vampire spawn rushing at them and finishing them up by smashing them into the ground.

However, as she finished up what Scylla started, she had a warning. “I won't be able to keep this up for long.” She stated, as the voice coming from without the helmet sounded almost a tad concerned.

As Vaihere was catching her breath. One vampire spawn (O24) would jump right at Scylla from atop the stands, coming at her from above. Meanwhile, a fair few others were running at the two as well. Finally, one of the spitting creatures (O17) seemed like it was preparing to launch its vile fluids at them.

Yurena

tumblr_p58r2qWqwY1sn3ne4o1_1280.jpg

href.li

As the battle was starting, Kalina was still hoping she'd get in an answer. However, to her surprise, that did not happen. Instead, the head vampire merely laughed.

“Alas, you almost had me.” Her laugh didn't last long. “It seems I'll get to avenge one of my actual sisters.” She added with enough animosity to actually scare Kalina for a moment. However, it only lasted for a moment. Kalina realised she'd not get a second chance like this, so she immediately sprang to action.

Precision Strike B: – Fighting Style [Specialized] [Precision Strikes] B, Accurate B, Penetrating B, Range C, Continuing [Vampiric Infection] B, Contagion B. Character attacks with their fighting style, ignoring 5 grades of speed, 5 grades of armour, reaching 1000ft (304m), continuing to deal 1 hp damage for 5 posts and spreading to up to 5 others. - Grade B – 4 Post Cooldown

Deciding not to hold back, she used her strongest ability on the Vampire. Few would be able to survive an attack, as it pierced straight through the Head Vampire and continued to instantly kill three of the vampire spawn behind her, that'd been rushing at Erich.

The head vampire herself, however... simply vanished, leaving Kalina confused. “You fell for an illusion. The oldest trick in the book.” Lykra spoke from up above. “The real one is probably somewhere hidden among them.” She gestured at the vampire spawn and two goons. “Help me take them out.” She offered, to which Kalina nodded. With her first plan failing, this was by far the best option.

As for Lykra herself, she shaped some blood in the form of a bow, then drew back the 'string' and fired a blood-arrow at the older man (K12), but before it could hit him, the four spitting creatures surrounding him spat at it, causing the projectiles to clash in mid-air and cancel each-other out.

Kalina, meanwhile, realised she was in trouble. She attracted the attention of a lot of vampire spawn and two spitters to her right, as well as feeling the gaze of the weird back-pack wearing goon on her. It seemed like he was preparing for something...

Erich – CD's – E 0/1
Tommy Gun Attack – Needing 3 actions to be fixed. Discarded without ammunition.

Viokii – CD's - E 0/1

Scylla – CD's – Ee 0/0

Kalina – CD's – B 0/4

Fei CD's -

Vaihere CD's - E 0/1
CD's - D 0/2

Lykra CD's – De 0/1

Erich Zann
Erich_Cloneless_2.jpg

Propaganda - Battle Tendency

Elvario Elvario Pet Panda Pet Panda Femboy Femboy RavenSong RavenSong

Erich would smirk, seeing how effective his laser-pistol had been against one of the vampire spawn. Seeing the foe fall with the impact of the red beam, he heard a snapping of fingers at the distance, coming from the head vampire. It appeared that the engineer’s attack had prompted the battle to begin in earnest. His hazel eyes darted around the battlefield, watching as the vampire spawn who were quickly approaching the side of the arena he was on, being intercepted by Lykra’s armored guards. That had been the exact reason with the tinkerer had run across the arena, risking himself in the process. For now, it appeared his gamble had paid off.

However, not everything was in Erich’s, or maybe one should say Lykra’s, favor. The armored guard on his left had been struck by one of the bile-spitter’s acidic projectile and left blinded against the three vampire drones who were upon them. The situation was pressing: if the armored guard was overwhelmed, both Erich and the other guards could very well end up being surrounded by the creatures. His mind couldn’t even notice or take note of the other changes going on in the battlefield. Kicking into a ‘management’ mindset, the engineer would act as if he were trying to keep a fusion cell reactor from reaching total nuclear meltdown.

He would quickly move towards W6, just behind the guard. “I am behind you, I will shoot some of them!” Erich announced, in a hurried voice, wanting to avoid being mistaken by a vampire as the guard was swinging their weapon blindly. Bringing his Danger Vaporizer up, he aimed and shot towards the vampire at X7, the laser firearm repeating the soft ‘pew’ sound as the red beam left its tip, searching for the creature’s center of mass. Next, he would change his target, aiming diagonally towards Y5. The energy weapon would hum for a moment, the high-pitch sound of it being charged. However, it wasn’t as charged as the previous time he used Concentrated Fire. Still, he pressed the trigger, letting the burning laser-beam leave his weapon towards this other threat.

Actions:

1 - Moved from U6 to W6
2 - Basic attack against the vampire on X7
3 - Used the following ability against the vampire on Y5: Concentrated Fire - Fighting Style [Gun] F + Overcharge! F [Range] + Dial Up! F + Blight [Flames] - By careful aiming his laser pistol, shoots a beam effective up to 10ft and causing extra burning damage - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

CDs:

E - 0/1
F - 0/0

Liu's attention snapped to the creature falling on Scylla. Adjusting some of the fabric around his form, he begrudged the need for action and the vampire was still in the air when he darted across the sand with the usual level of alacrity, sand blasted into the air behind him. Unfortunately he had no command of a special curse and meager magical ability so far. Without flair, he crossed the field and did his best to rock the vampire creature in the jaw, in effect attempting to intercept it before it reached Scylla on the ground. He appeared behind her with his fist outstretched from the attempt, one foot in front of the other up on the front of his feet, practically a picture of someone mid-punch. This would have been the first time he engaged in violence. Of course it would not, by any means, be the first time violence was done to him.

Despite the speed at which he crossed the arena, and the passable form with which he executed the punch, it wasn't exactly the most powerful. After all, a human skeleton is only about 15% of their body weight. It was less rhino and more a tree branch with abnormal velocity. Keeping eyes out for danger, Liu suggested to the two, resuming his usual straight-backed posture, "we must go up. Trapping you in a bowl is a poor idea," and pointed up toward where Viokii was already standing. On that note, as he pointed, he spotted Chandra, now changed. Though he clocked it before, it was not necessarily on his mind seconds ago when all of this began to kick off. Spotting all of the beasts surrounding her, he wondered faintly if she would be alright. His first priority for the moment remained Scylla, as she provided entirely too much firepowere to be squandered on a tactical snafu. Besides, he contacted with Chandra Jarmil, who it seems absent at this juncture.

1. Fast E move to P 24
2. Basic attack on Vampire Spawn O24: Effectiveness 3 = Bare Handed 0 + Strength D (3) + Ability 'Ancestor-Disappointing Punch' (0)
3. Dodge Effectiveness 6 = Speed A (6) + nothing else (0)

Strength D (14)
Precision B (28)
Intelligence B (28)
Vitality C (21)

Speed - A (35)

screenshot_20240126-233049-889-png.1154285

Noticing Vaihere suddenly get defensive she raised her hands. "Eeek! Please don't shoot me!" She exclaimed. Then it appeared everyone else had sprung into action. Much to Scyllas relief Vaihere made the choice to defend her. She quickly got to work and set off the fire arrows, but perhaps it was the sudden feeling of nearly being pulverized by the construct or the fact that it was suddenly quite the stressful situation she casted the wrong spell, allowing for the vampires to only be nearly dead albeit on fire. Which likely wasn't a good thing.

"I.. do apologize please forgive Vaihere!" She stuttered as she pulled out a thick book of notes which papers fell from the bindings all over the ground. "I must have recited the wrong spell, well, surely with lower potency?" She quickly scanned her notes. "R-right! Silly me! I-" she suddenly shrieked at the vampire falling from above. She was truly doomed, all she could do was then close her eyes and wait for the sickly teeth sink into her as claws would likely rip her apart. Perhaps. Reincarnation could be real again?

Alas it wouldn't seem to be so as Liu Fei intercepted the vampire, Scylla meekly looked at the guide. "Th.. thanks." She muttered softly, before gasping at the incoming vampires. When he spoke she turned to him and nodded before addressing Vaihere. "Vai! We need to go up! Come on, this is much to crazy for you and me, we need help!"

She'd make her way back towards where Viokii stood. Roughly standing by W 26. She had been searching for the right parchment in her book before jumping up. "Ah ha! I found it!" She exclaimed happily before holding out her wand as she read the words in her book. A sudden gust would fall upon her, then she twirled her wand and a black cloud began to grow above her head. Scylla would close her eyes as she did a half spin towards thr vampires next to Viokii then waved her wand once more before opening her eyes like burning coals. "Die." Then suddenly the cloud emitted various arcs of lightning flying towards her targets. Namely, Z27, AB 27, her goal was to clear their quarter of the arena seats so as to fight from a cleared front instead of from all directions.

• Chain Lightning - Magic Affinity D - Lightning Affinity F - Focus E - Targeted D (25 Targets) - Energized D - Homing Affinity F - Magic Range E 100 ft - Channels the raw elements of the world into lightning sending jumping arcs of bolts through a multitude of foes. - 1 Post Cool Down

Viokii

viokiimogus.png

Character Sheet
Titles: Construct, Otherworlder, All-Purpose Intelligence
Languages: %Analogue%, Common

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Maxxob Maxxob Pet Panda Pet Panda

Having taken a shot, she watched as Liu immediately departed from their position in a mere moment in order to assist Scylla's rather particularly dangerous matter. From the looks of it, Chandra too may have been in a dangerous situation the construct hoped that she could hold out a little moment longer until someone else could lend some assistance, unsure if Erich was truly opting to work against them for some potential reason like fear of his own life. Addressing her attention to the newly approached vampire spawn that aimed to close in on her position, she prepared to keep them distant and fire more shots their way to keep them at bay while potentially considering needing to fire shots to support Chandra if required, though for the current moment it would have to wait.

"Greetings, Cutie, thank you for joining me here, I hope to see what magic tricks you have in store" Viokii spoke briefly with a chipper demeanour to the girl, seeing as she was providing support with the nearby vampire spawn that proposed such a threat. Not really sure how the girl's efforts with teaching Vaihere were going, Viokii raised her weapon once more to take a next shot at the spawn that stood behind the first two (AC26) just in case Scylla's own magic didn't catch that one too. Taking a short step back closer to Scylla to remain distant from the spawn, she took to taking a shot.

Actions
1. Move to X26.
2. Shoot Vampire Spawn at AC26 with​
  • No-Scope - Steady Hands (F), Fighting Style [Sniping Montage Datafiles](F), Quickscope(F)(Accurate), Snipe(F)(Range) - Viokii saves time and takes a fast shot by hipfiring, or through quickscoping, an enemy in close quarters - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

Elvario Elvario Kalina – Find the 'Bleeding Dragon Scale' Professor's Goal: – If Lykra shows up, fend her off.
RavenSong RavenSong Scylla – Help out Kalina. Professor's Goal: Teach his assistant some [insight] and/or [empathy].
Pet Panda Pet Panda Fei Liu – Go on a day trip from the bad slums to the even worse Underbelly. Professor's Goal: refused
Maxxob Maxxob Erich – Explore what unethical inventions a place like the Underbelly might have to offer. Professor's Goal: Test the Tommy gun and fix it if needed.
Femboy Femboy Viokii – Avoid getting sold. Join Erich in the search for unethical technology. Professor's Goal: Explain how her 'skin' is made.

3dIUPW3.jpeg

• Basic attacks and/or defend actions, talking a lot (more than a few sentences), using abilities and similar stuff all take up an action.
  • Friendly NPC's will generally act defensively, unless told otherwise by someone they'd be inclined to listen too.
  • Use the grid (1-22 and A-AQ) to clarify where you go when changing positions. All movement, expect for scaling up or down the walls of the arena will take 1 action.
  • Scaling the walls from the ground floor to the tribunes/stands, which is an action of its own.
  • Use the grid (1-22 and A-AQ) to clarify which enemy/enemies are being targetted, otherwise I might randomly assume stuff in the case of unclarity.

It was a good thing that Erich called out, as one of the guard's blind sword-swings was stopped just short of hitting him. Sadly enough, the basic attack wasn't enough to bring down the vampire, as it only wounded the creature. The ability managed to wound the second vampire hit more severely, which combined with a lucky sword-swing from the guard actually hitting it, was enough to take it down. “It's in my eyes! It's in my bloody eyes! Where are they!” The guard called out, having heard Erich speak before and hoping to get some pointers. Sadly enough, those pointers wouldn't be in time for him to be scratched by the vampire spawn in front of him (X8), which slightly damaged his armour. The vampire spawn behind him (Y5), however, managed to get its claws between his armour and caused a nasty scratch on his back. To make matters worse, the spitting creature (AA7) spat another ball of gross goop at both Erich and the guard (F Grade, AoE).

Meanwhile, Liu managed to catch the vampire spawn that was jumping at Scylla by surprise. Whilst his attack itself did little against it, the creature was taken off guard and pushed in the one jumping down behind it, effectively halting both in their tracks for a moment.

Vaihere
GQWyk69.jpg

Upon being addressed by Scylla, she nodded. She'd watch Scylla as the latter would head back and climb the wall.

From atop her new position on the wall, Scylla decided to absolutely vaporize two nearby vampire spawn with an amount of orbs and firepower that could've possibly wiped out half the arena. (I'll allow it, but normally casting magic D in the same post as moving would need Focus D.)

Viokii's shot was able to wound the incoming vampire spawn, but didn't kill it. The now wounded creature (Y27) would lunge at Viokki in an attempt to bite her. However, it seemed like Vaihere had decided upon a different strategy. She shot out her arm at the statue nearby (AA24) and roped herself to the others, hitting the already wounded vampire spawn lunging at Viokki with enough force to finish it off.

That meant that Liu was left on his own at this side of the arena, with the previous two knocked-down vampire spawn getting back up and new ones closing in on him. One of the spitter creatures (P19) was also heading towards him, preparing to spit its foul goop at Liu.

The one worst off, by far, however, was Kalina.

Yurena

tumblr_p58r2qWqwY1sn3ne4o1_1280.jpg

href.li

Although her strongest attack was gone, she desperately attempt to defend herself from the hordes rushing at her. She waited for a group of them to get close and then unleashed two attacks.

Precision Strike C: – Fighting Style [Specialized] [Precision Strikes] C, Accurate C, Penetrating C, Range C, Continuing [Vampiric Infection] C, Contagion C. Character attacks with their fighting style, ignoring 4 grades of speed, 4 grades of armour, reaching 1000ft (304m), continuing to deal 1 hp damage for 4 posts and spreading to up to 4 others. - Grade C – 3 Post Cooldown

Precision Strike D: – Fighting Style [Specialized] [Precision Strikes] D, Accurate D, Penetrating D, Range D, Continuing [Vampiric Infection] D, Contagion D. Character attacks with their fighting style, ignoring 3 grades of speed, 3 grades of armour, reaching 100ft (30m), continuing to deal 1 hp damage for 3 posts and spreading to up to 3 others. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown

The vampiric curse spread throughout the groups and in as far as they weren't immediately killed by Kalina's powerful strikes, they fell down from the contagion and continuing effects short after. However, powerful as her attacks were, they couldn't reach everywhere. She felt her back scratched at from behind, which broke, allowing the vampire spawn to scratch open her back. Worse, the goop from two of the spitters flew directly at her and ate away at her armour from the front as well. She eventually felt the acidic substance on her skin causing her to cry out in pain and being forced to drop her disguises.

Kalina Chivernu

Mentions:
Languages: {Sylvan} | Common

“FUCK!” She cursed in pain. Whilst she could feel her vampiric generation ability had activated, she knew it'd be a fair while before she'd be fully healed. Worse was the fact that she wouldn't have a fair while. She'd really fucked up on this one, hadn't she? How did they see through her disguise that easily? She feared she'd never know.

“Get rid of the one in the centre first.” The older man spoke, after which the four spitters that'd surrounded him lined up and planned to spit at Kalina. However...

“Overruled!” Lykra called out, causing him to look at her... just in time to see the Bloodwraith form into a flying mesh of blood coming straight for him. Her arm turned into a blood shaped-sword, ready to pierce him... Yet before it could, a barrier suddenly formed around him, successfully blocking the attack.

Some of the remaining vampire-spawn were closing in on the various groups,

Meanwhile, the man with the weird contraption on his back seemed to have finished something. “And thus, thou end hath come!” He chanted, as the device on his back started roaring whilst he pointed towards the are Lykra had been seated. An odd explosion of dark colours could be seen, taking out the two guard who'd been besides Lykra before they could help their friends below them.

Erich CD's
E 1/1
F 0/0

Viokii – CD's
E 1/1
F 0/0

Scylla CD's
De 0/1
Ee 0/0

Kalina – CD's
B 1/4
C 0/3
D 0/2

Fei CD's
CD's - E 0/1

Vaihere CD's - D 1/2
CD's - E 1/1
CD's - F 0/0

Lykra CD's
Ce 0/2
De 0/1
Ee 0/0

Erich Zann
Erich_Cloneless_2.jpg

Elvario Elvario Pet Panda Pet Panda RavenSong RavenSong Femboy Femboy

As Erich was splashed by the bile spit by the creature, he felt the force of the attack against him, while the Hi-Tech Hurt Stopper would come into play once more. The energy shifted from where he had been hit by it, towards the opposite ending, a faint 'aura' like energy produced briefly in a bright, blue color. "%Caution: industrial grade acid detected. Force and composition dispersed. Force-field re-charging. Avoiding the same activity is advised.%" The blips and bops, which came from somewhere around his chest, warned him. It looked like he would need to tinker with the defensive apparatus ASAP. Still, he couldn't just let the armored guard be, after the damage he had taken. After all, if he fell, it could very well spell doom for Erich.

Seeing that the guard looking at some direction towards Y5, the engineer would start bellow information in military lingo. "Vampire, at 12 o'clock (Y5). Another, at 4 o'clock and a half (X7), I will try to take it out. If you hear it fall, look at 1 o'clock (Y6) and a half and step back. We have to close the formation!" The tinkerer said, without wasting time. It is almost as if a situation like this wasn't anything new to him. He would then, without wasting time, step back (V6). Bringing his Danger Vaporizer up, he would aim at one of the closer vampires (X7). Squeezing the trigger, another scorching beam would leave the tip of the gun, searching for the creature's center of mass.

Next, he would procure a small tool from the breast-pocket of his coat, holding it with his left hand. Bringing the tool towards his chest area, he would find his protective apparatus, the Hi-Tech Hurt Stopper. He began to tinker with it, using his memory of the technological gadget he had assembled and disassembled so many times, while his eyes kept trained on whatever change that could occur on the battlefield. Time is of the essence and, for now, the bile-spitter presented an ever-growing danger that, for now, he had no way to deal with.

Actions:

1 - Moved to (V6)
2 - Use the following ability on the vampire at X7 - Fighting Style [Gun] F + Overcharge! F [Range] + Dial Up! F + Blight [Flames] - By careful aiming his laser pistol, shoots a beam effective up to 10ft and causing extra burning damage - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
3 - Used his Precision D + Tinkerer E + Engineering E - Grade E (?) - 1 Post Cooldown - to bring his armor back to working order.

CDs:
F - 0/0
E - 1/1

Last edited:
[PARTIAL TURN] Elvario Elvario If you'll let me, I would like to address Kalina, have a response, and then finish my turn based on what she says.

Liu chuckled a bit at his own ineffectiveness. He barely managed to push one over. In his defense, his days of having flesh and bone are over. At least Scylla got up, and her artillery was free to be used effectively. Thankful that he was able to leave unscathed, a scream from the center hooked his gaze and he snapped his head to inspect. In the place of Chandra, in the place of whomever supplanted Chandra, it seemed the layers were peeled back finally. Cutting down an impressive number, she had a number done upon herself. In the travel of his gaze, he caught the creature also planning to snot him, an event he would most dislike on account of the clothing clinging to him, it would disintegrate and leave him tragically exposed. Plus, some acids worked even better on bone than flesh. For all these reasons and more he decided to evacuate and stick to logistics. Now was not the time for reservation, after all. Facing the vampire spawn before him, he leaned back and promptly rocketed backward, in a single step bounding to the mouth of the colosseum's entrance, then in another step which erected a wall of dust behind him, appeared just behind 'Chandra,' away from the vampire spawn harrowing her, stopping briefly in W16.
1712357703836.png

With just a little accusation in his tone, he snidely remarked, "pleasure to meet you madame. Shall I ferry you someplace else? Away from the drama perhaps?"

He turned his head a little and eyed the bowl cut standing behind him ominously, animus shining in his little empty sockets, but saved it for later as Kalina gave her affirmative to be lifted from this location. As gingerly as he could, he reached over and clutched her around the waist, steadying her form against his, thankfully taller for his carrying ease, and leapt back, zipping back the way he came and coming out of the mouth of the colosseum just a couple of feet, out of the sightline of those spitting creatures and the poorly dressed interlopers. Dusting himself off and letting go of her promptly at what would be U28-29, he paced back toward the colosseum again and turned away from her, looking down at a certain bag that was once at his waist. He produced it and began to rummage through it just a couple feet from Kalina, asking during his work, "how do you fare? Are you still in the fight... and did you see that haircut?"

1. Move [Fast C]
2, 3. Taken up by grabbing Kalina and rolling over some dead vampire spawn.

Potions remaining: red, blue, green, yellow, and striated purple

Attachments

• 1712281715934.png
    1712281715934.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Viokii

1712353727453.png
Character Sheet

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Pet Panda Pet Panda Maxxob Maxxob

Viokii now had a pretty solid control of her high ground also being accompanied by Scylla and Vaihere. From the looks of it, the pink-haired girl had managed to do a good enough job to convince the Professor's assistant to return in supporting them in dangerous combat rather than believing them as traitorous and planning to ditch. Although, things could be said that Erich's siding with their likely opposition was partly to blame also and supposing that would probably be up to the jurisdiction of Chandra and Scylla once all was said and done. With no vampire spawns in her immediate proximity, she gave a look to the two present and gave a small nod of respect.

"Thank you for your assistance, your support is truly making this mission much more capable. If you would be so kind to continue assisting us until removable hostile variables are eliminated from the equation, I'm sure that all misconceptions and confusions can be cleared up. I can assume it is not only us who is lost in the ongoings of the situation right now, user Erich and Lady Chandra's own circumstancial decisions are not ones of clear intent but not ones we should immediately take of betrayal" Viokii spoke to them both, specifically thanking Vaihere to hope that she would continue seeing them as allies rather than questioning her allegiance.
"Although, user Erich is a questionable variable at the time... " she pondered softly, looking to Scylla.
"Good job on your own business, Cutie, it's nice to see you succeeding with your magical prowess and your charisma" she chimed in briefly, raising her rifle in the direction of where Chandra was whom she could only suppose was being offered assistance by Liu for relocation purposes. While she had shots, she aimed to help eliminate some of the threats out in the open while nothing was directly advancing onto her. Noticing a valid spitter target (Z18), she aimed to take the other ranged combatants off the field to make it easier for the comrades in close proximity. Preparing to rapid-fire two shots in quick succession, she fired a simple shot to garner its attention and hopefully set it up for a critical hit. Raising the scope to her visor, these quick-scopes were so going to be montage-valid.

Actions
1. Fire at the Spitter at Z18, first shot being No-Scope - Steady Hands (F), Fighting Style [Sniping Montage Datafiles](F), Quickscope(F)(Accurate), Snipe(F)(Range) - Viokii saves time and takes a fast shot by hipfiring, or through quickscoping, an enemy in close quarters - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
2. Second shot, No-Scope - Steady Hands (E), Fighting Style [Sniping Montage Datafiles](E), Quickscope(F)(Accurate), Snipe(E)(Range) - Viokii saves time and takes a fast shot by hipfiring, or through quickscoping, an enemy in close quarters - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown​

"Hm, well that didn't go as i'd expected in afraid!" She exclaimed as she analyzed her casting, then realizing she was moving during her casting. "That's it!" She snapped her fingers to herself in self noting. She'd turn to look at Viokii after being quite grateful for her and her assistants assistance. Then to Scylla herselfl, "Oh, stop it.." she giggled bashfully. "..i've just been very lucky so far, let's hope my next spell does as its supposed to this time!"

Then she heard and then saw Kalina getting ripped into, holding onto the rails she screamed, "Kalina NO!!!" Tears welling in her eyes as she trembled with sadness, and shock and fury all at once. Pulling her wand from within her purse she held it up, "I know exactly the spell." She muttered as the flow of her memories would clear. The spell she'd use had cemented in her mind after having used it some time earlier. In her rage she seemed to target all the enemies around Kalina and everything else around the arena. "You'll all, die. I'll kill you all!" She growled as the fiery wind and black clouds billowed around her in a spiral as she spun her wand around herself in a similar motion before finally throwing her wand up into the air where it would suddenly remain suspended whilst Scylla used her hands to feed the wand the various bolts, fire and razor wind. "Experimental Elemental!" She called before her wand came back down upon her hands and channeled at the tip of it. The fire that was accumulated would cackle, the lightning would zap and occasionally make small arcs outward, charging the spell at once. The ground beneath her feet would seem to shake or rather her own legs were shaking due to how much magic she was pushing into this spell, until finally a great explosion would echo throughout the arena sending homing elemental projectiles to everything within range of Scyllas spell.

• Experimental Elemental - Magic Affinity C - Fire Affinity F - Lightning Affinity F - Wind Affinity F - Focus E - Magic Range E (100ft) - Magic Targets D (25 Targets) - Homing Affinity E - Arcana E - Scylla opens up her notebook of scribbled messy notes. Reciting a series of made up incantations she pieces together various elements and brings the various magic into an unstable state. After a swift build up of magical power the witch's catalyst emits an explosion of targeted homing spells. Fire bolts, Piercing Wind and Lightning Arcs towards her enemies. - 3 post Cooldown

Maxxob Maxxob Erich – Explore what unethical inventions a place like the Underbelly might have to offer. Professor's Goal: Test the Tommy gun and fix it if needed. – Gave up and left it broken.

1TFxQCo.jpeg

• Fallen Vampire Spawn (in red on the map) can now hinder movement. Crossing their corpses means +1 action to movement.

As Erich decided to sacrifice his armour in order to defend himself from the spitter's goop, the guard in front of Erich did not have such a luxury and got covered in it in full. With a few final desperate swings, the guard managed to finish off two of the vampires Erich pointed him at (Y5, X7), but then he fell down, too exhausted and injured to keep going. It left him an easy target for the remaining vampire spawn, who'd bite down into his neck after scrambling across the corpse of its kin.

It bought Erich enough time to retreat a bit, after which he was able to shoot at the vampire spawn that was now atop the fallen guard (I'm taking a bit of freedom in assuming that'd be the logical next target for him), which was enough to set it on fire and prevent it from scrambling further to reach Erich himself. Finally, Erich was able to take some time to tinker his armour back in full (F>E) condition.

However, he'd notice some serious problems. One was the injured and burning vampire-spawn to his left, atop the fallen guard's corpse (X6).Another was that, from his peripherals, he could see the guard all the way to his right (P6) taking out a few vampire spawn, before being overwhelmed by their numbers, after which the creatures pressed on.

The two remaining guards, also able to take out a few vampire spawn, were forced to take upon a new formation, now that the flanks had fallen. To make matters worse, it seemed like three vampire spawn had climbed the platform Lyrka had been on, one of which (V4) was jumping down in an attempt to attack Erich from above.

Kalina Chivernu

Mentions:

Kalina, being in an equally precarious position as Erich, was desperately trying to figure out how to get out of this situation... up until she suddenly noticed Liu rush over to her. He'd been able to outrun the spitting creature before it could good and while goop at him, which meant he ended up free to climb across the vampire spawn and ask Kalina his question.

With a somewhat pained smirk, she did manage to get in a fitting reply to Liu's smirk. “That would be the best guide service I'd have ever been provide by far.” She replied, as she allowed him to carry her off. That was definitely a first time. If she wasn't in a shitload of pain, she might've actually enjoyed the service. Or noticed the boney make-up of the body that was holding her. Right now, however, she did neither. In fact, as they were about to head off, the three remaining vampire spawn would attempt to jump them.

“No you don't.” She sneered at the three creatures, upon getting in a final attack, before being ferried off.

Precision Strike E: – Fighting Style [Specialized] [Precision Strikes] E, Accurate E, Penetrating E, Range E, Continuing [Vampiric Infection] E, Contagion E. Character attacks with their fighting style, ignoring 2 grades of speed, 2 grades of armour, reaching 30ft (9m), continuing to deal 1 hp damage for 2 posts and spreading to up to 2 others. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown

Having taken those out, she was ferried off without further interruptions. “I should be good again in a moment... and yes, I saw it. I'm pretty sure that barber was more evil than the guy himself, no?” She replied to his question, taking a few deep breaths after a painful chuckle at Liu's haircut remark. Once the regeneration would kick in and once she'd have caught her breath, she'd be good as new. The only thing she worried about was the thirst that'd likely start springing up soon, but that was a worry for later.

Vaihere
GQWyk69.jpg

Vaihere was not entirely sure how to reply to Viokii. “The Tinkerer was of interest to the Professor. His perishing might be unfortunate. I do not know what the professor's outlook on other variables would be.” She verbalised what few thoughts she had on the topic. That said, it didn't seem like Erich was in a good spot right now, as Vaihere was estimating the range between them and didn't seem to like what she concluded.

With the spitting creature being easily in reach for Viokki's E-grade ability and just about barely in range for the follow-up F-grade one, the creature would take some serious hits. (Normally, a second ability would only count as a +1 bonus, but I'll allow it to be extra.) The creature was already gathering goop to spit, but when the second attack landed, it dropped dead, its goop merely painting the ground around it.

It was then that Scylla decided to go wild. As she was targetting at random, with Kalina being moved away, the bolts would hit targets at equally random spots, but with a bias towards homing in on those closest to Scylla. As the bolts were spreading around Scylla, they ended up hitting and instantly annihilating the various creatures around Scylla. The first bold hit the creature behind statue nearby (AB25), followed by AC25, Y23, X22, Y19, AC23, AG26, AE24, AC19, AD21, T22, S20, P21, S23, AH23, AI23, K25, N23, M22, M25, N24, N21, O22. With only a few bolts missing or hitting the same target, there were suddenly more than 20 vampire spawn less.

Needlessly to say, however, this attack didn't go unnoticed. It instantly caught the eyes of the odd man wearing the back-pack contraption, as Scylla now had his full and undivided attention. He was chanting what seemed like it'd be a dangerous attack...

However, before he could finish his chanting, a flash could be seen from behind a nearby statue (AJ10) as an interloper who'd been sneaking around decided this was the moment to reveal himself. In fact, he did so in style, as his sword had neatly cleaved off the head of the back-pack wearing man in some sort off attack from stealth and teleportation. He'd call out after his successful assassination. “Vaihere, the professor ordered you to return! Help me get this contraption to him!” He called out, as he started to remove the back-pack contraption from the now deceased mage. It looked like he might not have long to do so, as one of the other groups of vampire spawn now noticed him and started to rush at him, along with some spitters.

On the other side of the arena, Lykra was still facing the older man. The latter had ordered all the nearby spitters to goop at Lykra, but before they could... Lykra took out a peculiar object. A dragon scale that seemed to be bleeding. “It seems like we're getting serious.” She stated, as her own blood intertwined with that of the dragon scale. Before long she unleashed an attack similar to Scylla, with bolts of blood piercing any enemy in a large area surrounding her. The four nearby spitters and two nearby vampire spawn were the first to fall.

Yet the attack reached further, also piercing through the backs of some of the vampire spawn that threatened to overrun Erich and the remaining two guards, leaving him and the guards with only the one jumping from up top (W5) and the one on fire (X6) form the left to worry about as immediate threats.

The attack also reached one of the spitters heading for the construct assassin and some of the remaining vampire spawn and remaining spitter to the south.

The only one that seemed to have some ability to withstand some of the onslaught was the older man. Whilst the orbs had injured him, he seemed to withstand enough of it to stay standing. “You truly area wretched creature.” He spoke to Scylla, as he suddenly used some sort of attack that knocked the Blood-Wraith all the way back into the walls of the arena (N5), which caused a lot of blood to splatter around. Considering her peculiar bloody make-up it was tough to estimate how injured she was, but she likely had taken a fair hit from that.

With a few big attacks having thoroughly shifted the flow of the battle, only a few remaining vampire spawn were staggering around, whilst a new variable had entered the field.

Erich CD's
E 0/1
F 0/0

Viokii – CD's
E 0/1
F 0/0

Scylla CD's
C 0/3
De 1/1
Ee 0/0

Kalina – CD's
B 2/4
C 1/3
D 1/2
E 0/1
Regeneration B – 1/2

Fei CD's
C 0/3
E 0/1

Vaihere CD's - D 1/2
CD's - E 1/1
CD's - F 0/0

Lykra CD's
Be 0/3
Ce 1/2
De 1/1
Ee 0/0

Erich Zann
meme-erich.jpg

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Pet Panda Pet Panda Femboy Femboy

As Erich was fiddling with his Hi-Tech Hurt Stopper, he saw the guard which he gave out orders fall, but not before he had managed to take two of the vampire spawns with him. While the situation didn’t seem to be exactly going in the engineer’s favor, it could certainly be much, much worse. With the deadline approaching, more and more, he had to finish this project as masterfully as he could.

Looking at the opposite side which he had been focusing, he saw that another one of Lykra’s guards had fallen, now only two of them remaining. He had to keep these two resources alive, for as long as he could, and squeeze as much utility as he could out of them. Despite the adrenaline coursing through his veins, this was like any other job and project, which sometimes had even the very exact risk to his life. He could only hope that, at the very end, he didn’t end up considering a value of the variables incorrectly, thus skewing the scales wrongly towards the blood-wraith.

With his mind working on overdrive, he kept considering the most logical steps to take, almost as if this were a game of chess. First, he planned to dispatch the burning vampire on top of the fallen guard, aiming his laser-pistol at it and pressing its trigger, letting the crimson beam travel towards it (X6). Next, it was time to provide support for the two remaining guards. Charging his laser-gun, he would now aim towards the vampire which was threatening to break their formation (U7), firing after its high-pitched hum, showing it had been overloaded.

Finally, he would target the bile-spitter which had previously covered both him and the guard with its acidic bile (AA10). Aiming towards it, he would squeeze the trigger of his futuristic weaponry, a third time, hearing its soft ‘pew’ resound from it, as vapors slowly rose from its top. And, just like his handheld weapon, beads of sweat already covered his forehead, his expression unreadable through all of it.

Actions:

1 - Basic attack against X6
2 - Fighting Style [Gun] F + Overcharge! F [Range] + Dial Up! F + Blight [Flames] - By careful aiming his laser pistol, shoots a beam effective up to 10ft and causing extra burning damage - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown against U7
3 - Basic attack against AA10

"Notify adventurer Jarmil, I am owed," he prodded in response to her complement, peeking around the corner toward the bowl cut rolling across the ground and added, "ah, the haircut has been duly punished. Please do watch out for that vampiress, I do not doubt she is lurking somewhere around here. Try and join with Scylla," he suggested. With that he leaned out of the mouth of the colosseum and shouted up to Scylla and Viokii, "we must try to confirm if the vampiress from earlier is still here!"

Scylla did splendid work in his estimation, thankful that she was able to escape danger from earlier. His eyes lingered but a moment on the figure standing over the bowl cut and in an instant he ghosted away in a blast of dust kicked up behind him, smearing into a blur streaking across the battlefield. At some point in the arc, his grey-black blur grew a yellow streak, and appearing beside the remaining gentleman, he attempted to smash the bottle over his face containing the yellow liquid, as though he were in a barfight with the man. He didn't stop there, attempting the same next with the red bottle. It was in a circuit around the corpses of the spitters that he ran twice, then if nothing quit him of his run, he would wind up next to Erich, between the vampire spawn (and presumably the new vampire spawn beneath it) on the ground and Erich.

"Above," he shouted tersely, barely enough time to state anything specific, and served simply to stand in W6, between Erich and the vampire spawn.

1. Move [Fast B], a lot of feet
2. Attack vampire's ally. Effectiveness = [Item ???] + Precision B? + No skill-
3. Attack vampire's ally. Ditto. Then resume movement.

1712534016205.png

Maxxob Maxxob Erich – Explore what unethical inventions a place like the Underbelly might have to offer. Professor's Goal: Test the Tommy gun and fix it if needed. – Gave up and left it broken.

bT3erQ9.jpeg

• Fallen Vampire Spawn (in red on the map) can now hinder movement. Crossing their corpses means +1 action to movement.

Erich's normal attack was enough to finish off the burning vampire spawn as it stumbled across the corpse of the fallen guard and ended up adding its own corpse to the pile. With Erich providing support by firing against the vampire spawn at U7, the other two guards were able to join in and finish off the other two vampire spawn facing them as well.

However, the vampire spawn that jumped at him from above managed to land its attack uninterrupted. It'd claw its way through his armour and he'd soon find its teeth biting into his shoulder. He'd feel his left shoulder getting bitten hard enough to be injured seriously and to be difficult to use later on. However, before the creature could do worse, the nearby guard kicked it off of Erich and finished it by decapitating it. “You alright?” The guard would ask/

The bile spitter that'd focussed on Erich and the nearby guard (AB10) was able to spit at them uninterrupted, as Erich's third action had been cancelled out due to having been attacked from above. A large blob (E grade, AoE, Acid Affinity) of goop was spat directly at Erich and the nearby guard. They'd only have moment to try protect themselves from it.

Kalina Chivernu

Kalina smirked at Liu's remark. “I'm afraid she's off duty, but I'll cover for her.” She replied. “Will do.” She replied to his advice. He wasn't wrong about the head vampire still being around somewhere. She couldn't exactly feel the presence, but something definitely told her they hadn't gotten rid of her just yet.

Liu sped off short after, only to reappear behind the older man and smash the yellow bottle against him. Sadly enough, that turned out to be a vital mistake. (I swear I didn't expect him to use exactly this vial like this either and didn't plan for this.) The moment the glass broke and he'd try to withdraw his hand, he'd realise he couldn't. The yellow liquid turned out to be some extremely strong [glue-like] substance that expanded the moment it contacted the air. Yet with him smashing it over the man's face like he was in a bar-fight rather than throwing or splashing it, he ended up getting his own hand caught in it as well. The situation would effectively make him unable to follow-up his next action(s).

“Get that bloody shit off of me!” The man yelled, blinded by the glue-like substance covering his entire face, his voice muffled by it as well. With now sight, he'd wildly swing his arms around in an attempt to get a hold of Liu.

As Scylla was still catching her breath and Viokii was observing to decide her next action, Kalina stumbled closer to the colosseum again. She knew she'd be mostly fine soon enough, but right now, she didn't have the energy to get atop the walls with Scylla or Viokii or to plot her next move.

Vaihere
GQWyk69.jpg

Vaihere looked at those standing besides her, debating what she should do. Yet with no responses from either of them, she'd listen to her colleague. “Affirmative.” She use her grappling hand to hook into a nearby vampire spawn and pulled herself over, after which she shot it out again and used it as a leash to effective leash the nearby vampire spawn down like she'd done near Scylla previously. The assassin construct, meanwhile, sent out some wave-like sword-lash that took care of two other vampire spawn and the spitter that'd targetted Erich just before that.

On the other side of the arena, Lykra had gotten back up. “You'll fucking pay for that!” She shouted at the older man, upon seeing Liu smash him and realising he'd be as vulnerable as he'd ever be right now. However, as Lykra approached to finish him off whilst Liu kept him occupied, the few remaining vampire spawn rushed at them as well, like their lives depended on it.

Seeing what was happening, one of Lykra's guards decided to try and rush in to help as well, after stumbling across some of the corpses... It seemed like Liu had, rather literally, managed to get himself glued to what might end up being the final showdown of this entire battle.

Erich CD's
E 1/1
F 0/0

Viokii – CD's
E 1/1
F 0/0

Scylla CD's
C 1/3
De 0/1
Ee 0/0

Kalina – CD's
B 3/4
C 2/3
D 2/2
E 1/1
Regeneration B – 2/2

Fei CD's
B 0/4
C 1/3
E 1/1

Vaihere CD's
C 0/3
D 2/2
E 0/1
F 0/0

Lykra CD's
Be 1/3
Ce 2/2
De 1/1
Ee 0/0

Titles:
[Isekai Mundane], [Apprentice Tinkerer]

When the one of the unseen vampire spawn got the drop, literally, on Erich and sank its teeth into his left shoulder, the tinkerer let out a sharp grunt of pain. He felt the assault on his nervous system, along with the bite, which penetrated the skin and easily found his shoulder muscle. "%Warning: Protective barrier breached. Humanoid bite detected. Anesthetics compartment empty.%" The protective gear bleeped. Indeed, only at that moment, which the tinkerer moved his right arm into an awkward position, while trying to aim his laser-pistol at the vampire spawn's head, he remembered to have forgotten to put the numbing medication into the gadget.

Luckily, his previous actions had been enough to free the two guards who were close to him, one of them coming to his rescue. As the guard posed the question about Erich's current status, he nodded, still bearing a pained expression on his face. His lab coat now was smeared with his own blood, the whiteness stained with a vivid crimson color. However, before anything else could be done, the bile-spitter, who he had previously planned to shoot, had once more taken the advantage and hurled its gastric juice towards both him and the guard. For an instant, the engineer's mind raced, knowing that he only had a few moments to avoid the corrosive substance. "Use the bodies as cover!" Erich said in a hurry, already throwing himself near the creature who had been defeated at W6/V6. With both hands, he would find purchase on the body, rolling and placing the cadaver on top of him, for protection. In tandem, he tucked his legs against his chest, trying to reduce his profile as much as he could. His plan was to bear the initial impact with it, while pushing the improvised protect away from him in the next moment.

Actions:

1/2/3 - Thrown himself at W6/V6 to use the vampire spawn corpse as protection.

At the speed Liu was moving, just as soon as he shot past the gentleman, his arm snapped taut like a wire and his meager body flew, jerked back like a flag fastened to a pole, and rendered him horizontal midair for a brief moment before he draped back over the ground and the man's shins. From his hanging position, he tittered, entirely too close for comfort, "oh dear," and began pulling awkwardly. Standing up was his first order of business. His hand being caught was not so much the issue as the fabric around it. From the flailing arms seeking purchase, Liu bobbed a bit to prevent their grasp, and nimbly leaped over him, using his stuck arm as leverage to perform a frontal flip, changing sides to stand at his back. Finding the encircling vampire spawn a bit much, Liu looked around to his compatriots mostly and mumbled, "damn it all."

Propping his foot against the man's back, with a single impatient heave, Liu tore the rest of his arm away from his hand, the ripping of fabric resounding on the battlefield, and thereby freed him of the man's threatening claws and though missing a part, [Unbroken] on the whole. Free from the hold, he used his remaining attached hand to prduce the red vial, demeanor stiffer than before even. Something told him he would not need it as an incensed Lykra pounded dust with every step on her way to him. With his clothed fingers on one hand clutching the vial, and his other hand floating in a clump of clinging paste, the shining white end of his forearm dangled exposed for the last few centimeters. His shoulders hunched as an imaginary audience poured its attention on him and a pressure that was not there bore down. He hadn't bothered yet with the calculus regarding who would be likely to try and destroy him upon seeing his form. Somehow, out of those present, he did not peg anyone as outwardly prone to it. He simply had to hope nobody had a grudge against his sort.

1. Dodge
2. Detach hand from body. Equipped title [Unbroken] seems to allow for this.
3. Move away, straight line to Q16

Potions remaining: red, blue, green, and striated purple

Viokii

1712353727453.png

Character Sheet

Viokii lowered her gun as it felt like truly effective shots would not be performable at the range she was from Liu and his aggravated 'companion'. Refraining from firing a shot as to not create a potential issue, she hoped that his own wits and capabilities would be able to help him resolve the matter and to successfully escape.
"I believe he should have his situation handled. He seems well prepared to take care of himself, although I would suggest one of you would be better prepared to assist him if further trouble ensues him" Viokii answered, addressing Kalina and Scylla since they were closely present.

"I must ask, Mistress, what exactly is the goal still? It seems there has been quite a confusion in the matter" Viokii asked, seeing as she was now out of the fight and trouble although things had taken a little bit of a toll.
"There's no need to put yourself through more pain and trouble if you do not wish to".​

After casting the elemental explosion of bolts and arcane magics, Scylla found herself panting heavily. Both a mix of shock and rage overtook her thoughts. But then, she realized Fei had saved Kalina when she didn't see her in the arena due to how hastily she was recovered from the fray. The witch gasped and called out to Kalina. "A-are you okay?!" Cupping her mouth with her hand as to project a little louder.

Without expecting a response, Scylla gaze looked on, "Perhaps we should eat a bit closer now that these are finished, don't you think Viokii?" She turned to look at the construct, uncertainty smeared across her face. "Perhaps I'd be more in range." She then confirmed to herself as she thought about Viokiis words earlier to be more assertive. At least, that's show she took those mentioned words.

Moving a bit closer while staying on the upper level of the collasium (M25) to get a better look. To much of her surprise, when Liu had stuck to the adversaries face she gasped, then giggled. "Oh, good gracious!" She laughed.

The half demon readied her wand but without [Selective Targets] she found it difficult to cast anything as truly this was the opportune moment to decisively end this once and for all. At least, for the older man who wished them harm in the first place.

Even more surprising however, was how the cloaked guide then ripped his own arm off as to break free from the target. A gasp escaped from the witch as she beheld a bare skeleton of an arm, looking at Lui as he escaped her mouth was agape. "Why, it's almost as.. as if he's.. well.. a monster?" She said to herself confused. "Oh well!" She shrugged I differently before turning to the old man. "Hm, I know!" She snapped her fingers. "Let's see what this red vampire can do shall we? Let's make this niiiiiiice and easy!" An evil giggle, a malicious grin, a widened menacing gaze as she rose her wand above her head.
She knew the spell from memory, reciting the magical words of the elements she brought forth the static around the man at K12 manipulating the protons in the air in such a way as to activate them, "Static Shock!" She muttered as the spell worked it's way into limbs and muscles to contract as an electric stream was created to keep the man incapacitated.

Static Shock - Magic affinity D Lightning Affinity F - Duration Magic F - Incapacitating Affinity F - Energized D - Focus E - Super charges the air around a target, before paralyzing the victim. - Grade E - 2 Cooldown

Elvario Elvario Kalina – Find the 'Bleeding Dragon Scale' Professor's Goal:If Lykra shows up, fend her off. – Decided to try team up with her instead.
RavenSong RavenSong Scylla – Help out Kalina. Professor's Goal: Teach his assistant some [insight] and/or [empathy]. – Was unable to keep a Vaihere along for the ride.

1PhV9bi.jpeg

Erich would find himself almost unable to with his inured arm, as his shoulder flared up in pain with any force he put on it. Luckily, he'd been clever enough to throw himself to the ground rather than trying to hoist it up all the way, which allowed him to use it for cover with his remaining good arm. Whilst he saw bile drip down scarily close to him and the vampire spawn he used for cover was partially melting away, he managed to go unharmed himself.

The guard, having taken Erich's advise to heart, dropped to ground and lifted up one of the corpses up high enough to hide behind it as well. “That was close.” He stated, upon seeing the acid melt the vampire spawn in front of him. “Good thinking.” He added, after which the guard tried to make sense of what he saw happen in the rest of the arena.

Liu, finding himself at the centre of attention. Thanks to his [Falling Apart]] title (I think you meant that one instead of Unbroken), he was able to act according to plan, leaving his hand behind on the man's face. Thanks to this sacrifice, he was able to get away before things would get really bad. “I'll fucking rip your guts out!” The man called out, as the was still trying to get rid of the expansive glue covering his face.

Kalina Chivernu

Mentions:

After a pain cough, the regeneration B set in. Before their eyes, Kalina went from injured to totally fine, as her body recovered rapidly. “As good as new!” She'd reply to Scylla, after which she'd reply to Viokii. “With a lot of luck, I might still be able to ask the head vampire some questions, if I find her, if not, it'd be safest to team up with Lykra and hope she can help get me some information instead. Either way, I doubt I've got any reason to fight Lykra like the professor told me too, so I'll abstain form that.” She sighed. “After that I'll need a drink.” Hopefully Scylla would pick up on that, as Kalina feared the thirst in the aftermath of all of this was going to hit her soon and hard. “Anyhow, for now, I'll be off~” She stated, as she used [Stealth B] to almost vanish from their sight.

The older man clearly wasn't wearing his lucky underwear, as having his face already covered in glue, he now also felt his entire body hit by some shocking energy. Unable to defend against what he hadn't seen coming, he was barely able to stay standing.

That, of course, made the man an ideal target for Lyrka, who still seemed thoroughly pissed off for having been hit earlier. “Bye bye~” She stated, as she unleashed an attack strong enough to turn the entire man into nothing but splatters of blood and body-parts across the arena. She followed it up by sending some blood-like bolts to the remaining vampire spawn that were now rushing at her, clearing them out easily...

Except for one. The last one suddenly changed in appearance, as a familiar face appeared again. Before Lykra could react, her blood-formed body was pierced through and the very blood she was made up off started to be drained away. “Trick you.” The head vampire stated with a foul grin. Knowing she was outnumbered, the Vampire was quick to form a [Barrier] around herself and Lykra, hoping to fully drain Lykra before anyone could come to her aid.

Meanwhile, Vaihere and the other construct, after removing the hair-cut-criminal's backpack contraption and bringing it along, were heading for the exit. It seemed like they'd got enough out of this to consider leaving them all to their own devices.

Erich CD's
E 0/1
F 0/0

Viokii – CD's
E 0/1
F 0/0

Scylla CD's
C 2/3
De 0/1
Ee 0/0

Kalina – CD's
B 4/4
C 3/3
D 0/2
E 0/1

Fei CD's
B 1/4
C 2/3
E 0/1

Vaihere CD's
C 1/3
D 0/2
E 1/1
F 0/0

Lykra CD's
Be 2/3
Ce 0/2
De 0/1
Ee 0/0

Last edited:
Titles:

Erich let out a loud sight of relieve, seeing that his plan to protect himself using the corpse had worked. It was the best he could think of in such a short span of time. With a slight difficulty, he pushed away the cadaver which was on top of him, getting up from the ground. Finding out the armored guard had taken his advice, he was glad, despite his expression still being one of pain, the tinkerer's nervous system still reminding his mind of the bite he had suffered on his shoulder. "I am glad it worked..." He chuckled a bit to himself, straightening up his posture.

Surveying the new state of the coliseum, his hazel eyes would fall upon Lykra and the Head Vampire without too much trouble. Seems like that was the 'bug' that needed fixing. "I think both you and your remaining comrade should help your boss, it seems she needs it." He advised, through clenched teeth, taking a glance at the other remaining guard, which was near of what was happening (N10). His mind began to race, trying to ignore the pain in his left shoulder for the moment, thinking of what he could do. There were too many corpses around where he was, it would be difficult for him to get closer to the battling duo, even more so considering he couldn't use his left arm to get over them with that much ease.

His mind zeroed in the only possible solution it could find: shooting the Head Vampire from where he stood. Bringing his laser-pistol up, he would close one of his eyes while aiming directly at the creature. Looking at its sight, he took a few moments to carefully aim it, before pressing the trigger of his handheld energy weapon, firing the crimson beam against the being. Hopefully, it would produce some effect against whatever the Head Vampire had just produced around both her and the blood-wraith.

Actions:

1 - Push the body away and get up.
2 - Aim at the Head Vampire (K13)
3 - Attack using basic attack. (Base Effectiveness 5)

Viokii

20240131_132922-1.jpg

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Maxxob Maxxob Pet Panda Pet Panda
Character Sheet

The majority of the plaguing vampires and hostile creatures in the arena now appeared to be slain, Viokii silently imagining to themselves that whoever will have the fate of cleaning up such a vile mess will not be having a pleasant and short time doing so. That, or it would likely become a nightmarish health hazard with the potential pests and infestation it may attract included with the stench of a colosseum full of rotting, decomposing corpses. Not thinking much of Kalina's future plans and just letting it be what the girl planned to do next, she was a little surprised to see her so abruptly be off wondering if her need to be around others was done and over with.

"Very well, I bid you luck in whatever it is you end up doing next, although I would be willing to take up your offer of coming with you" Viokii said as she let said woman disappear, supposing that if she was to depart from the potential trouble that was the Underbelly, she should probably ask Liu to give her guidance out if ot now that there was probably no more reason in her staying if all that they had to be present for was complete. Noticing the Professor's assistant leaving with another assassin with an unknown device in tow, Viokii wandered a little closer to ask them about what it was exactly they were doing.

"May I ask as to what this device you are present for repossession is? If the Professor had sent you, I can only surmise he had some sort of idea that he was tracking this device and knew it would likely be at this location since if you also came to collect the Assistant of him, you had also been in contact with the Professor in order to communicate and know what was happening. When and for why did the Professor's interest redirect to this object?" Viokii asked, since it also seemed apparent that Scylla's own task of teaching empathy and whatnot to Vaihere had also not been completed. She had a partial guess that since they didn't have much to offer or show in the end to benefit the Professor, he likely stopped caring about his cooperation with them in not long and she wouldn't be surprised if the Tommygun given to Erich to test didn't amount to any need afterwards. Supposing that Scylla also didn't get to finish her own little teaching quest, Viokii wondered if the girl would just ignore or forget about it or if she would get worked up that they didn't finish.

"Am I to ask that you are no longer going to make an attempt to understand empathy as the Professor first suggested you learned from Scylla?" she asked in addition.

Actions
1. Move to U26.
2. Viokii is Talking - Business (F), Leadership (F), Investigation (F) - Viokii is always trying to learn and get progressive communication and interactions done. Hopefully they go better and she learns a thing or two - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown​

After the target had been finished off, she giggled a bit. "My my.. that red vampire is quite something!" She muttered to herself then quickly headed back towards Viokii. She made a big wave with her arm all cute like, "hiiii! I think we win!" She said happily before hearing the construct ask a question, "uhm, well.. that's a good question dear.. I uhmm.. well.. to be quite frank, Vaihere didn't seem like she had any interest in learning such things as empathy. I'm thinking the professor wanted to give me a hard time! And well, I figured I'd take your advice and do as I want.. confidently!" (I had a headache, was bedridden on Wednesday so I had to skip the round T.T)

With a chuckle she winked at the digital face, before looking over towards where the red vampire was, only see behold a disguised vampire become the Head Vampire she was requested to spare! "B..b..bb.. it's it's its its its!!!" She stuttered before running back within range. It seemed nothing she could do would pierce the barrier so she would call towards Kalina, "Get that barrier and I swear we'll take that vampire!!" She screeched before beginning the spell, but this time, it seemed they hadn't addressed one final element to the equation: Erich. "Viokii!!" She called towards her, "Shoot at the barrier would you please?!" She yelled almost begging. "Oh!" She hummed trying to decide what to do!

She'd then continue the spell, electricity becoming manifested as she waved her wand once more this time targeting Erich as to prevent his further actions. "Sorry in advance kiddo! I promise this won't hurt!" Then muttered, "Too much."

Finally electrical pulses raced into the arena and around Erich.

Static Shock - Magic affinity E - Lightning Affinity F - Duration Magic F - Incapacitating Affinity F - Energized E - Focus E - Super charges the air around a target, before paralyzing the victim. - Grade E - O Cooldown (Energized E)

Liu's bones had a cold ache to them as the conflict between Lykra and the vampiress became sequestered in a sphere. The outcome of that attack could be cataclysmic. If Lykra were to fall, regardless of how bad things are now, regardless of how much of that may be Lykra's fault, things would have to get worse if she were taken out of the picture here and now. Yet another power vaccuum, yet another street war as various grubby factions claw their way into another street or two, all at the same time. Or, if this vampiress were poised to take the new open spot, a ghost town littered with slavering ghouls, whose numbers invariably swell when tragedy occurs, acute or prolonged. Looking down at the space where his hand should be, he could feel the drain, unable to summon the strength he had just a few moments ago to zip around the battlefield.

"Chandra, the orb-," wheeling around, he could see Scylla mobilizing already. Viokii had a firearm and would be effective at that distance. Erich was already firing at the bubble, but Chandra, or whoever it was really, seems to have disappeared. He knew her to do that, just earlier during their fight with the ghouls on the way here, she did the same thing, and he had some modicum of faith that she would see this through. Mostly for the reason that Scylla was still here, and he could easily imagine the dark lady at least a little distraught at leaving her friend behind in such a situation. He looked around once more and found nothing of her. An unsettled feeling draped over his form gave him pause. He couldn't been 100% sure they can penetrate the bubble even with her there, but he felt that she would make it damn close even if they didn't. Looking down at his one hand with the full bag of potions, he looked at the bubble again and took a few paces back. Just then, lights began to streak across the battlefield, one red striking the barrier, then another to his left, and he waited for the impact on the barrier, glad that he had some assistance in taking it down. Then the lights streaked across the fight and hit Erich.

Liu, just as stuned as Erich probably was just now, turned toward Scylla, yelling, "what the hell are you doing?! The barrier!"

What occurred to Liu was that Erich was at least a bit on the side of the blood-wraith person. Liu happened to be aligned with the blood-wraith, not for the sake of her leadership, for she was clearly some kind of psychopath, but it seemed a change in leadership was not due in this case. He simply couldn't calculate why Scylla would take such an action here. Perhaps some kind of misunderstanding? Maybe he misunderstood what Chandra's goal was. Maybe he misunderstood what Scylla's goal was. He couldn't speed away like usual, and given the distance between her and Erich, he doubted he would get far enough for it to matter. Hoping for the best, he reared back to huck just the red vial at the barrier, but then stopped himself. Perhaps it was a moment too early for that. Instead, he stowed the back at his side and performed one of his tricks, pitching the tips of his fingers out of his gloves and into the side of the barrier, a linear ditch dragged through the ground as he exploded forward just a handful of feet at great speed to propel them like projectiles at the barrier itself.

1. Shout at Scylla
2. Aim
3. [Hand Cannon with Speed D] Ranged attack at the barrier. Effectiveness 8? = 3 [Hand Cannon D] + Precision B (5?) + 0 Grade Weapon (just some bone)

Potions remaining: red, blue, green, and striated purple
B 2/4
C 3/3
D 0/2
E 1/1

Titles:

Just as Hydrangea had suspected, Erich found himself at a loss seeing the sudden, unprovoked attack against him made by Scylla. In his mind, he cursed from the fact that he had to shift his attention from what was important, making sure the blood-wraith remained alive, to dealing with the witch. Clicking his tongue in displeasure, he had to do something against this attempt on his life. "Are you insane?!" He asked, or better said, accused Scylla through clenched teeth, while bearing the pain on his shoulder.

The iron-sight of his experimental weapon would shift, quickly, from the barrier itself towards Scylla. Or better said, it would shift towards the Lightning Magic which was being cast against him. Trying to compose himself the best he could, he would press the trigger of his laser pistol thrice in a row, hoping to both stay alive against this attack and, possible, dissuade the pink-haired woman from any further attempt. If things escalated, even more, he knew things would get much, much worse.

Actions:

1 - Basic Attack against Scylla's magic (Base Effectiveness 5)
2 - Basic Attack against Scylla's magic (Base Effectiveness 5)
3 - Basic Attack against Scylla's magic (Base Effectiveness 5)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back