• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Clockhaven City] Kinship and Smoke

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it.

This RP is also a direct continuation of Blood and Steam. Please check the above link to the first part to see more about the setting IC and OOC as well as the character goals. Joining for this part might be possible, but I'd like to work out a good way to incorporate new characters into the cast and setting and can't guarantee that'd work out well enough in all cases, so if you're really interested, let me know and we'll can see what might work.

Safe Room 002
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Safe Room 002
Time: 17:00 Weather Cloudy, getting darker
rinne-park-04.jpg

Mentions: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Shion Sharena Sharena | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

After taking the train back into Clockhaven's centre, the group ended up being asked to follow Morana, as she told them she wished to discuss their next steps somewhere a little more private. She'd lead them to a large town-house not too far off from the station, unlocking a side-door that immediately let to a narrow staircase, barely fitting Sverre. These stairs in turn led all the way to the top floor of the building. A small room awaited them there.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

“This is a safe-house used by some government officials, although it's rarely utilised lately. We'll be able to discuss our next steps here.” She'd say, upon leading them the way. As soon as they entered it, the amount of gears, clocks, clockwork, clockwork gears... It was all a little overwhelming. “Don't mind the mess, I think the official story is that a clockmaker works here, so these are all just props to keep up a cover.”

She sighed, then went to a vault-like closet to the side of the room, fiddling with some combination lock and opening it up to reveal... rations. Plain and simple rations. She tossed them to the group. “I'm surprised nobody minded skipping lunch, but I guess you can have an early dinner instead.” As she said it, she gave them the 'right' example, opening some sort of packet with a jellylike substance, unhooking her mask and quickly drinking it before putting her mask back in place. Other rations included some sort of crackers and protein bars with nuts. None of it looked particularly tasty, but likely nutritious enough.

She leaned against a wall, seemingly oddly relaxed. “I wasn't sure if I should reveal this place to all of you, but you've convinced me it's worth doing so. I must admit... whatever I got to drink in the scrapyard has made me feel better than I've felt in years.” This was probably her way of thanking Cayde for his aid to her. “Anyhow, it will be night soon. If rumours about their kind are to be believed, the vampire or thrall might make some moves at night. Perhaps the vampire hunters might make a move as well. We'd best consider our next options carefully, otherwise...”

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

She was interrupted by Mr.S before she could finish. “Me and ma hammer.. we wanna smash 'em both. For what they did to ma men!” He said, still motivated from the pep talk the others had given him. His large figure stood out a lot in the relatively small room.

Chandra Jarmil

Kalina, however, was debating another option. “I'd still prefer to try tricking the Thrall first... I... I'll show you how. Please, know that this won't be the real me. It's just a cover I use to infiltrate with other monsters.” She said, not needing to deceive them as she was technically correct. Right in front of them, some of her features started to change. She was still tall and wearing the same armour, but her eyes, hair, skin tone (and for those with Appraisal, her titles) would soon change into something else entirely. She even altered her way of speech to fit the new persona.

Yurena

tumblr_p58r2qWqwY1sn3ne4o1_1280.jpg

href.li

“This should trick them.” She said. “Right now, I should be appearing as Yurena. A monster, murderer, abuser, thief and vandal. All to considerable degree. I should also show to be bloodthirsty, most wanted and secretive. The cover story I use is that I've survived as a monster by laying low and simply staying secretive for long enough for the criminal titles to stack up over a really long time, rather than going after big targets. That should give a decent balance between impressing monsters without them wondering why I wasn't known to them beforehand.” She really hoped that this gamble was paying off. Showing everyone this for was a little terrifying, in particular towards Morana.

On the topic of Morana, she seemed on edge. “That is a rather impressive, yet concerning ability.” It was clear she already didn't trust Kalina all that much and that this revelation wasn't helping, yet thanks to the group treating her well thus far, she didn't seem as ready to attack as during Kalina's episode in the factory.

Sverre grabbed his hammer tightly. “Ya sure ya ain't a real monster? Ya coulda be fooling me...” He legitimately sounded hesitant. Likely due to head still not being entirely functioning properly.

“I assure you, this is merely a faked identity I take upon myself to be undercover with monsters. Nothing else. I could use it to speak to the thrall and introduce the others as people wishing to become vampires as well, although... I don't think they'd trust it if you two tagged along.” She spoke to Morana and Sverre. Those two would be the biggest risk, as the vampire or Thrall would likely be far more wary of Widersia officials got involved, especially Sverre, who was already known by the Thrall. They'd have to do this without them, or so Kalina feared.

However... before they could continue the discussion, they heard someone scream in shock.

???
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“Bloody hell! What in the world did you two bring into here?!? What the hell's going on?”

The halfling had managed to climb the stairs and get to the door's opening without anyone hearing, likely being a relatively sneaky type by nature. However, it was clear she was shocked and on guard in equal measure.

Kalina, still trying to think how she should convince Morana and Sverre to work along with her plan, wasn't counting on a third person to suddenly appear here and didn't have a clue what to say to diffuse the situation. Then again, Cayde was here as well, so she figured he'd sort things out, as he'd done this far. Or perhaps someone else would. Looking as monstrous as she did, her words likely wouldn't be believable either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1-1-1-1.jpg
Elvario Elvario The Last Curse The Last Curse RavenSong RavenSong Sharena Sharena Silent Angel Silent Angel

After fighting those undead, and taking the train back it was a bit of a relief for Morana to guide the group to a safe room of all places. It would allow them a bit of a much appreciated breather. Iberis thought to herself anyway, as she knew it was likely there was quite a bit more combat to come moving forward depending on how things went.

It only became more apparent to Iberis the extent of clearance which Morana had if she knew where a safe room used by governmental officials laid, as that meant that she was perhaps even more in the inner circle than Iberis might have assumed. It was clear she had some kind of relation with the Baron, but this only further cemented things.

“Thanks Morana." Iberis said with a smile upon seeing the rations. Truthfully Iberis wasn’t really a picky eater. This definitely beat Madmaw’s Pocket Bologna by miles, or Scylla’s cake that had been through the digestive track of some awful thing in that dimension. Truthfully however she hadn’t really been a very robust eater after all that unfolded with Renee’s death, it was more common for her to eat bits here and there, much like what she did when she had been living on the streets, definitely unusual behavior since when she first arrived at the academy she ate with gusto, she just hadn’t felt the same.

Iberis then nodded, “I also wanted to say that appreciate that you are starting to see the value of our operations as a group.” Referring to Morana disclosing she hadn’t been sure if she should show them this room.

“Night time operations huh? I guess that makes sense, I haven’t really heard of many vampires which are very active during the day.” She said, this was truthful despite knowing Kalina, all the basic knowledge Iberis knew about them was that they were typically very night predator like.

She was pleasantly surprised that Morana expressed that Cayde’s elixir of sorts had done her well, not that she had any doubt in Cayde’s skills but it just seemed like an unlikely thing for Morana to mention.

Iberis also gave a nod Mr. S’s way in confirmation, she definitely understood why he wanted to do that, hopefully he could get his memory back soon enough.

Iberis was rather impressed with the Yurena look, Kalina once again showing off her skills there. That sounded like a reasonable plan from Kalina in Iberis’s mind.

“Woah, that’s really impressive Chandra.” Looked like it would hold up relatively well under some forms of appraisal.

Iberis was rather startled when she heard the hell, however, and immediately gripped her staff looking over in that general direction quickly from whoever was there, they were evidently not pleased that people had been brought here it sounded like.

“Uh, Hi there, we don’t mean any harm or to intrude, we're just here to help the Baron with the vampire problem.” She said as precisely as she could after she started to calm down a bit since it sounded like the Halfling was someone affiliated with Mr.S and Morana.

Last edited:
7E34647D-185C-46A4-986F-E90DB0F2A3E0-2.png

When they made their way back to another part of Clockhaven, Scylla was happily almost skipping as she had her arm entwined with iberis, "Yo ho! Yo ho! A pirates life for me! ARGG!" She'd scrunch up her face, and close an eye to appear more 'pirate like' before bursting into a giggle. "Shh! Shh! We're sneaking! Keep it down!" She'd then whisper frantically as she'd not let go of Iberis arm until they got to the door. "Oooo a safe house?" She repeated, "Exquisite idea miss Morana!" After she opened the door Scylla couldn't help but fixate on the decor. Her eyes bright and mouth wide open, "Whoa! It's like.. in those fairy tail books! its.. its.." She'd then touch a gear adorned upon display before breaking it in half. "..was.." She chuckled nervously, "..so real looking." She would look down, already feeling Morana's furious glare. "My.. apologies."

Then she'd watch as Morana took out some rations. "Uhhh.. is this-" She'd cut herself short not wanting to draw anymore attention and confusion. Of course this isn't a date. She'd think to herself as she shook her head and rolled her eyes. Taking a 'ration bar' she sniffed it a bit. "Uh.. ew." She muttered under her breath then looked around at the others who would have taken some of the rations, interested in their reactions regarding the food. "I suppose this beats eating eyes." She said finally before opening the wrapper and plopping it in her mouth. She'd shudder with a sort of shrill sigh, her hands almost getting knotted into each other as she fought off the taste.

Then looking at Mr. S she gave him a small thumbs up. "nom.. nom..now thats the spirit!" She said approvingly.

Then 'Chandra' transformed, it was a bit sudden but before she knew it she had become nearly a complete, seductive horror! "Chandra! Thats scary cut it out now!" She said as the tone and volume of her voice rose a bit, pulling down her hat over her eyes. "Oh gods, be merciful upon my friend, and may the underworld tremble at her sight!" For what it was worth, it wasn't much that she was afraid, but provocative to weak minds. Perhaps even a tinge of jealousy. "Well, this form will certainly get you attention if that's what you want."

Speaking of attention, a certain stranger would've made themselves known, quickly trying to keep everyone's cover she pulled the sneaky person inside and shoved a 'ration bar' in her mouth. "Put a cork in it! This is.. like.. absolutely TOP SECRET! And now.. you're part of our little group because of what you seen!" A lecturing finger was pointed right in between the sneakers face. "Now, what is your name?" She asked while using [Appraisal E]. "And no lies, you hear?"

Last edited:

Propped up against one of the saferoom's walls, Cayde stared hesitantly at the suspicious pack of 'jelly' in his hands. He could feel his mouth go from wet to bone dry as he tried to find the courage to dig in. It shouldn't have been this hard. He'd had worse. The woods weren't always the fruit-laden, game-filled sanctuaries the hunters back in Ryken would say. Monsters still existed. Goblins existed. And he'd learned they were just as picky as humans. It turns out they didn't like eating bugs, either.

Cayde peered into the packet, nose scrunching. At least earthworms tasted like bacon when cooked right. What was this going to taste like?

He didn't want to find out. But before he could opt for a protein bar, Cayde heard Morana explain why they were here to begin with. He almost gasped. Surely, some of her reasons had to be for the integrity of the mission, but was this some sort of gratitude? From Morana? On her own volition? It sounded so wonderful he had to smile. "Wow, well, thank you, Morana! I'm glad you enjoyed it," He beamed, raising the jelly pack in cheers. It felt like months since he'd last heard someone praise his craft. He couldn't ever remember giving someone the recipe to one, either. That could change. "When this is all done, I'll write you up the recipe, yeah?" He nodded, "It's the least I could do,"

He peered down at the jelly and shrugged. It probably wouldn't kill him to try. Maybe. Hopefully. "A cheers to Morana," He said before slurping it down.

As he drank, Cayde listened closely as Kalina went over the plan. A curious look spread on his face when she transformed into Yurena. So she actually could change when she switched disguises? Did everyone else know about this? He couldn't ever recall hearing about this ability. "Never saw this one before..." He thought, cupping his chin, "I guess that's another thing..." He shook his head and shifted his eyes over to Morana and Sverre next. He could ask later in private. "She's right. If we bring you two, things might escalate into a fight. Sure, it'll get the thrall out of our hair, but we won't learn where the vampire is. It'll put us right back to square one,"

He took a step forward, "I know how you both feel. You two want action. And when we find this vampire, I'm sure they'll be plenty of it for bo-" A scream from behind shook the words out of him. He turned around, spotting a new, very confused face. He hadn't accounted for this. This was bad. "Oh! S-sorry ma'am, we didn't-" Cayde gasped as Scylla pulled her in, "What? Scylla, no! Don't gag her!" He said, slowly approaching the halfling, "Look, I'm sorry - she's very quick on her feet. Let me explain..." He nodded to Iberis. Her explanation was the most sound so far. "Yes, we're helping the baron. We've just got back after finding Sverre, and now we're discussing how we'll find the vampire." He said, gesturing to Kalina, "That's Chandra. She's in a disguise. That's one part of our plan,"

He held his palms up, "We could tell you the rest. Let's just all settle down, alright?"

Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

Sophia's eyes flicked around the safehouse, her gaze fixing on a few different clocks. She moved over to them, examining the intricate insides as she listened to the discussion. Her eyes moved to Kalina as she changed, remembering that she had never actually seen her change, instead just seeing the before and after. As one of her claws held a clock she had picked, up, the others lightly gave a golf clap. As she explained about that form, Sophia's eyebrow slowly raised before she simply said, "Kinky." Then her eyes moved down once more, focusing on the clock.

However, her attention ended up being drawn to the gal spouting piratey nonsense. She slowly stepped over to her, seeming to examine her more closely before leaning up to whisper, "You're from another world too then, right? The... interesting pirate accent and saying, 'A pirates life for me' somewhat tipped me off. Of course, I might be oblivious and you already explained that you were from my world." She gave a small shrug before pulling back, her eyes going back down to the clock, stating in a louder voice. "You know, Scylla, I would love if you and Chandra would be willing to come to my home after we finish with this mission. It would be nice having her back, and I would love hosting someone as... interesting as you." As for the newcomer, she didn't spare her a second glance as she continued to mess with the clock.​

zzzShion1.png
Shion looked at the rations briefly before she was certain the others took whatever they'd like before she proceeded to take a protein bar and a good handful of the nuts. She scarfed it down much quicker than the others seemed to as she leaned against a wall between Cayde and Iberis, and she actually seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. She actually looked kinda happy. She chuckled as she closed her eyes.

"I never thought I'd take so much pleasure in something so simple, but being in this place...anything to remind me of where I'd rather be." She said to no one in particular before she looked at Morana. "I'm glad you see our partnership as beneficial, Morana. It's always nice to meet new perspectives, even in places I'm not fond of."

"Cheers to Morana indeed."
Shion joined Cayde's gesture before her attention was drawn to Chandra as she proposed her plan.

The transformation didn't faze or surprise her one bit now that she knew what she knew. She did wonder if this would've confirmed everything for her by now if she hadn't discovered her newfound abilities here. She nodded once she brought up her plan to agree with Cayde. "There will be plenty of time for bloodshed when the third act arises. Until then, gaining every advantage we can is important."

Then the sudden entry of the halfling came, and Shion jumped just a little bit as her calm composure otherwise remained intact. She backed Iberis and Cayde soon after they spoke. "Yes, our ally Chandra is very competent at disguising herself. Please calm yourself, we assure you no harm will be done to you." She turned her attention to the witch close to the halfling.

"Scylla, calm down. Making sudden moves like that just open the door to negative consequences that could be easily prevented." Shion's tail swept in front of her body for a moment so Scylla could get a good look at it. "Wouldn't you agree?" And then her tail tucked behind her as she leaned back against the wall. "Let the poor woman speak."

Safe Room 002
Time: 17:10 Weather Cloudy, getting darker
rinne-park-04.jpg
Mentions: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Shion Sharena Sharena | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

The rations they'd been given given were all rather bland. Only the nuts had decent taste to them. Tasting rather nutty, as one might expect. The jelly was vaguely minty, but in a weird chemical way. Upon a little bit of alchemical analysis, one might realise that the ingredients were perhaps not dangerous, but very shady. After all, why did some of this jelly seem so much like the stuff you'd expect from a [monster] type of living slime..? The protein bars were bland and dry, but very filling for their size.

Yurena

href.li

Upon noticing the confusion she was causing and seeing others try to diffuse it, she quickly switched back to her Chandra identity. As before, her height or clothing didn't change, but most other features and even her titles did.

Chandra Jarmil

“They're correct. I'm merely using a disguise.” At least it was likely to work on the thrall as well, if even her allies and strangers were this convinced of its authenticity. On the topic of authenticity... she figured she'd best pick up some rations as well. She'd figure out how to discard them later, but not eating anything would seem pretty suspicious. Her behaviour thus far had likely been odd enough to them, so she'd better not push it even more.

She then turned to Iberis and smiled at her compliment. “Thank you, if you want, I can show you some other disguises later.” It was surprisingly nice to be complimented so honestly, especially after she felt like she hadn't been impressive enough during battle. It made her want to show off even more.

On the topic of showing off, she leaned over to Scylla, then whispered. “If it's that scary, perhaps I should use it when taking what you've promised me~” She wanted to test the hyper-active witches' reaction for a little. Then she got more serious. “You're right, I purposefully worked on an identity that would draw attention. I hope it's not too much.” She spoke that part louder and more formally.

That said, Sophia's reply was on odd one. What did 'kinky' mean? Was it an insult? She wasn't entirely sure. She should ask someone later. Come to think of it, there was more she wanted to ask. She should just figure out whom to ask. Cayde would probably knew. He seemed to know just about anything. Yet Scylla was probably easier to talk to about such things, although less likely to know a good answer. Iberis might be a good mid-point? She didn't know Shion well enough to consider asking her just yet. She'd have to think about it later.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

This day was getting weird. To have so many people thank her was both new and odd. “You're welcome.” She first responded to them all. “Your group has rather odd manners, but the results were there.” She commented on operations as a group. She also nodded along with the night-time operations. That said, she recalled something. “Although we might also consider resting for the night, as going up against them when we're tired and when they're at the strongest might be foolish. Without my usual mixture, I don't think I'd be able to keep fighting without proper sleep either.”

She honestly didn't have the energy left to be glaring at Scylla for breaking the decor. She was even more tired of stupid questions. Like 'is this a date food' which she answered with a firm, “Yes, yes it is.” Of course this was food. Why else would she tell them to eat it?!? She didn't realise Scylla was going to ask if this was a date instead. “Eating eyes..?” She questioned Scylla. Already regretting bringing her here. This girl made her feel like a living version of the drugs she was taking, except on a bad trip.

Her regrets were diffused by Cayde, who gave her an idea. “That recipe might be nice to have, but come to think of it, since you're the one that spilled the beans on my usual mixture, do you think you could come up with a new one? I need something for my body to keep up with my metal parts.” She was pretty sure that 'secret' was already in the open to anyone with half a brain, so she didn't mind talking about it aloud in the current group. If she didn't get a replacement soon, she might have to go through withdrawal. That'd severely hinder her performance.

She turned to Shion and stared at her for a good while. “You're a surprising one.” That was all she said in the end. She didn't particularly like being excluded from the thrall hunt, but remained silent about it for now, to give some room to the interruption to be dealt with.

???
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

As Scylla tried to gag her with a protein bar, she dodged underneath the girl and further into the room, only to turn around and yell back. “Hey! Keep the gagging to the bedroom, won't you?!?” She yelled, then turned to Morana and Sverre, after hearing from the others and seeing Kalina change from Yurena back into Chandra. “Won't you look at that...” She said, sounding fairly impressed. “Ain't that mighty useful.”

She turned to Iberis, who mentioned the Baron. “Ah, that explains why Morana's here. I'm surprised you managed to find Sverre though...” She looked at the construct. “Not gonna lie, I for sure thought you'd be dead.”

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

He looked at her in silence for a bit, before replying. “Imma been renamed to Mr.S and I gotta few troubles with me noggin'.” He eventually replied, which clearly made the halfling react in shock.

“A few?!? You don't even sound like the same person. How scrambled did your brain get?!?”

He remained silent, unable to answer her.

That only got her more intrigued. “Okay, this is freaking me out! So is it true, did your men get killed as well? That vampire's a lot tougher than everyone feared then! Now I definitely want in on this!”

Morana interrupted. “Who says we want you?”

“Hah, didn't you hear? The purple lass already told me I was in! Besides, I need the pay, so don't get in my way, Hound.” She said, sounding rather challenging and provocative when she called Morana 'Hound' just then.

That worked. “Is that how we'll play this? Fine. We'll do it you way. I doubt the group wants a ratfucker who got screwed over enough to no longer function in full.”

“Hah! I'm not ashamed of getting laid! That rat gal was worth it, getting enough money to pay for my hand is a minor set-back. You're just jealous your creepy ass can't get laid for the life of you whilst I got lucky with a charming rat gal~”

“She robbed you afterwards, I wouldn't count that as getting lucky.”

“She also left me a note, so it totally counts! Besides, I was relying too much on the enchantments of my hand anyhow, I should learn some skills without it.”

“Bullshit.”

“Try me.”

The two were staring at each-other from across the room. Apparently there was a lot more history to them than there seemed to be at first.

Kalina had absolutely no idea how to deal with this, so she decided to hope that the others would sort this one out. Cayde probably could, or Scylla's enthusiasm might.

She figured she'd best spent her time and effort elsewhere, such as by figuring out something else. She headed over to stand besides Shion, quickly checking that nobody was looking before she stealthily handed her the rations she'd took before. Better get rid of them early before it'd start looking suspicious. Then she whispered. “What you did in the train... just what was it... and... just how much did you see?” Although standing beside her made Kalina gloss at Shion's tail again, she was focused enough to open up her mind for an answer, expecting Shion to use the weird inner thought speaking again.

zzzShion1.png
Shion returned Morana's gaze once she called her surprising. "What is so surprising? If you're thinking about what I said back at the Railworker's Crossing, I meant every word. I also mean every word when I say no one has the right to disrupt balance without proper compensation for such acts. Refusal to do such should be met with extreme prejudice. This vampire takes and never gives to this community, so I have no qualms taking their life without mercy if they see all of these lives so callously."

Before Morana could respond, the bickering erupted between Morana and the halfling, and Shion's eyes darted between the two of them to make sure neither was about to get violent. In the middle of the argument, Kalina suddenly handed off her rations to Shion. Seemed like she was trying to play the part of a human as best she could, smart, she'd clearly been doing this for a while. Could she not just eat them and gain nothing though? Did vampires work differently in this world? Questions for later, more pressing was what Chandra asked her in return. Shion locked eyes with the vampire as the woman would see her eyes began to glow a soft blue once again as she began speak [Telepathically F] with the only woman in here taller than her.

"It is a form of telepathy it seems, Chandra. I am capable of peering into the surface of people's minds and present my own to others as well. I can even get a vivid glimpse of one's memories or, again, grant my own if I tweak the flow of my mana a little. I believe I accidentally did it to Iberis earlier when we split off from everyone, and it activated again when I tried to call to you back at the factory before I managed to fully grasp what it was. I did not possess this ability back in my world, my mana seems to be shifting and growing differently here. As for what I saw, as I said before, I saw everything. I saw your arm getting maimed in your past life, your sister tormenting you, all of it. I didn't have a good vision of her, but I heard every word between you two. You have nothing to fear from me, your kinship with these humans has convinced me that your warning about monsters was, while taking it lightly would be foolish in almost all cases...not every case it would seem."

The glow from Shion's eyes faded as she put a hand on Chandra's arm calmly, still looking her in the eyes, but now where the magic once glistened in her irises was now replaced with a look of empathy as she lightly smiled at the woman with hope to comfort her a bit.

"You're very taken by my tail it seems, who would've thought the tough, aloof warrior before me could be defeated by 'divine' curiosity." Shion teased a little with Chandra's own wordplay on the train in case any of those not in the loop of Shion's abilities took any suspicion observing the two. Seems she had noticed Chandra's gaze earlier.

C7BDB0A2-E6C6-46D5-B89D-05F538C7E67A.png

When Morana inquired about Scylla eating eyes, Scylla just carelessly shook her head, as if it wasn’t such a big deal to be bringing up. However, she couldn’t resist the opportunity of entertaining the cyborg, or confusing her further with the bits and pieces of information she’d reveal. “Oh, it’s nothing..” she insisted as the witch picked at her teeth with her purple fingernail. “..now, fried human skin is REALLY the most challenging thing to gulp down!” Scylla would purse her lips as a hand came over them to not reveal the fact she was poking at Morana’s patience. She reminded the witch of a professor from the academy, so square, so formal, precise and to the point. Which was ideal for those seeking to be taught all the intricacies of Magic. But here, it was all a mystery. Who Morana was, her loyalties, and just how far would she be willing to go to get to the bottom of this adventure, remained a mystery. For now, she enjoyed being the ‘class clown’.

Upon Chandra changing back, Scylla let out a sigh of relief. Then her back straightened suddenly, attentive as Chandra then seemed to either threaten or attempted to intimidate. She might have forgotten a few things, but not this particular mention. Relaxing a bit held back a giggle before leaning her weight to the side, “Well, sugar plum, as I’m sure you remember, I’d be happy to give it willingly!” She snickered a bit, “But.. it won’t be easy!” She rose a tainting index finger which was both a challenge and a dare. Scylla well knew this wasn’t the best time to take her blood, not infront of everyone, and surely not on the eve of their adventure.

Mimicking then vampires return to formality, Scylla then crossed her arms in the same manner. “Splendid! We could potentially make a trap with your newfound, provocative form!” Although it could be taken as a joke, Scyllas tone, surprisingly wasn’t very funny.

It was then that she had attempted to stuff a crunchy bar into the halflings mouth but failed as she slipped away from under her legs. Scylla would bend over and see the halffling running past her, getting an upside down view of the room. “Whoa! You’re fast!” She exclaimed before getting up and looking at Cayde, “heh, yeah, sorry..” she held her own shoulder, “..it was an instinct. But.. she totally is involved now, so.. even you have to agree she’s part of this mission now.”

It was then that Shion would remind Scylla of the earlier blow to the face she received earlier. Somehow, she could still feel the Fox ladies imprinted hand on her cheek, however, she wasn’t just going to belly up this time! She’d stick her tongue out at the fox lady, before pouting and looking away, “Yeah, whatever, your loss!” She said, although deep down, she wanted to pet her tail and make up for everything! (T.T)

Then the half fling would mention something lewd. “Hey! That’s.. totally inappropriate! I wasn’t trying to ‘gag’ you.. I just simply wanted you to keep it down..” she shrugged, “..it just so happened that a crunchy bar was the closest thing I could find.” She rolled her eyes, “Pervert.”

Things then seemed to spiral into a whole different situation where Morana and the halffling were practically defaming one another, mostly to the short ones detriment. Before long they stood there glaring at one another as Scylla looked at everyone else, wondering if they’d do something. Either way, she decided to intervene. “Whoa whoa whoa, so this is all getting a wee bit personal. Although, this.. rat affair is certainly a juicy bit of gossip, as leader of this group I must insist that we tone things down and keep to the matter at hand!”

Pointing at the halffling suddenly, and speaking loudly enough to likely startle her she began, “YOU! You mentioned you’re getting pay, well, I’d want my crew here to be paid, so if you don’t have any info to contribute then I would suggest you step out of here ASAP! So start talkin’ sister!”

Then Sophia would appear next to her, prompting the purple witch to lean closer into her whispering voice. “Hm?” She hummed as she listened, “oh.. uh.. did I say that?” She said finally with a nervous chuckle. “I.. I suppose I did, didn't i? Her eyes looking at the others then to Sophia, had she just been caught? “Wait. You’re from-“ suddenly, the weird lonely feeling seemed to break off a piece like an ice berg, was Sophia really from earth? It was then that she extended an invitation to her home. How could she refuse? “You would host someone as.. interesting as me? Really?!” She cleared her throat suddenly, “I mean- of course! I accept your offer.” She smiled a bit, not exactly sure what this was about, but she was hoping to get to know more.

Cayde tried to stifle a sigh as he watched the halfling butt into the room, already picking a fight with Morana. He didn't know how to feel about this. Sure, having another member on the team was always great, especially a local. But valuable or not, there couldn't be any pointless bickering between them. It'd lead to division. Then confusion. Just like how it did in the marshes. "Okay..." Cayde muttered, thinking of what to say next. Don't let history repeat itself, he told himself. Stay objective. Don't pick sides. And forget everything they said about a rat woman...

Cayde's breathing hitched. Forget everything. The woman they were talking about was not her. It couldn't have been. Kesh was gone. This was simply a coincidence. There was no way she could've been this close. But even those 're-assurances' sounded weak. He'd been wrong before. Wrong about ever seeing friends again. Wrong about getting over that trip. So what if he was wrong here, too? What if Kesh made it back? What if she was really okay? What if this halfing knew where she was?

What if she was still in the city?

His eyes landed on the halfing, pupils dilated. He knew how to feel about this now. This woman was valuable. Very valuable. He couldn't mess this up. "Okay, okay, okay, hold on a moment," He got between her and Morana, "I can see you two have some bad blood. You'll have to work it out. But keep in mind you both have a vampire running rampant in your city, that I'm sure both of you want gone, correct?" He said, looking between them, "Standing here bickering won't solve that. So all I need is for you two to tolerate each other. Just this once, please,"

When Scylla stepped in and said her piece about the halfling, Cayde nodded along. "Everyone here plays a role. If you're going to join us, we'll need to know what you can give us." He faced Morana, "Morana, I don't want to boot her out just yet. Let's at least hear what she has to say, and then we can all come to a decision," He said with a quick, "Whatever happens, happens. I'll get what you whatever you need nonetheless,"

Finally, his eyes went back to the halfling. He felt his heart skip a beat. Where to start first? "First things first, can you at least tell us your name?" He took one step, lowering his voice a bit, "And secondly, can you tell me a little bit more about this rat-woman...?" As the words came out, he shook his head. Too direct, he thought. She might get the wrong message. "Not that it's any of my business, but did she have greyish fur? Talk about any potions or anything?" He asked, voice expectant, "Did she ever say her name was Kesh?"

Last edited:
Iberis Odhir
Elvario Elvario The Last Curse The Last Curse RavenSong RavenSong Sharena Sharena Silent Angel Silent Angel

Iberis gave a nod Chandra's way at that with a smile. "That'd be pretty cool if you did, I think it's a totally cool ability."

"Why yes that is why Morana's here."
Iberis replied with a nod toward the new comer. Unfortunately it looked like she found out rather quickly just how badly Mr.S was faring with his memory, at the very least they had retrieved him successfully even if it had been completely by accident at that.
"Truthfully we were pretty surprised to find Sverre too, he was sort of just laying around inactive, and as you can tell..yeah his memories are muddled right now for whatever reason, all we know is that whatever happened hints to him having done it to himself."

What Iberis had not been expecting was the rapidly developing back and forth between Morana and this person, since Iberis didn't really know what the story was there, something about getting robbed by a rodent person after having relations..that was a lot of information just to be thrown about so casually, was all Iberis could think. Presuming it was a [Beast] and non she supposed love was still love in this context even if Morana sounded far from being impressed.

Seeing Scylla speak more like she was the number one leader was refreshing to see at least attempting to get order over this situation as well as advocating for the groups pay among other leaderly things.

Then Cayde came in yet again and only further proved his value to her in how he immediately went into peer meditation mode between these two. He made an appeal to logic which was fairly compelling. As entertaining as it was for Iberis to see all these people about talking about some very off topic things with eccentricities here and there, even if that bit with the halfling describing the messing about Scylla was doing as bedroom actions was rather humorous to Iberis, there was serious business to attend to, the vampire was still out and about and it was doing awful things to people from the sound of things.

Cayde was also reasonable in his requests to Iberis, though she did not entirely understand why information on the rat person was essential. From the looks of things the wisest option was to get the Halfling on their side regardless of what Morana said about personal things, as that even if factual had no baring on the halfing's ability to assist them with the current major problem at hand.

"I agree with Cayde, I think it's best we hear out what she can do, it's a bit hard to pass a value judgment without even knowing the skillset." Iberis backed Cayde's dialogue up.

Last edited:
Safe Room 002
Time: 17:20 Weather Cloudy, getting darker
rinne-park-04.jpg

Chandra Jarmil

Truth be told, her approach of Shion had been another test. At least to a degree. Shion might've confirmed she wouldn't work against her, but Kalina still wasn't entirely sure how much Shion would work with her. The fact that Shion took them without question and was quick to pick up on the why/how of it told her enough. Shion had passed this 'test' with flying colours as well.

As expected, a voice could soon be heard in her mind. However, the answer was... shocking. This meant Shion knew even more than all her friends did. She wasn't sure how she felt about that. Especially her past life made her feel ashamed of having been so weak and worthless. It wasn't something she was eager to talk about. Even Sophia only learned parts of her past today, that's how close she'd been keeping it.

After Shion said all she had to say, Kalina looked her in the eyes to see if she'd use her telepathy again to allow Kalina to apply with her thoughts. Upon hopefully getting the hint and reading her mind, Kalina would reply. 'It's odd to think someone knows that much about me after just meeting them, especially with how secretive I've lived my life here. Now that you know this much, I should also tell you why I'm here. I was told the Vampire Hunters might know more about the past of this body and might be able to undo the vampirism. However, as the name of their group suggests, it's a big risk. I hope that helping them deal with the other vampire will show them that I'm good enough to help out, rather than having them attempt to kill me.'

As for Shion's more public reply, Kalina figured she could have a lot of fun with it. “How can I not like something that's as warm, comforting and soothing as it's owner?” She said with a genuine smile. “With your permission, milady~” She asked, hands outstretched towards that tail. They'd cooled down again by now, but calling Iberis over again might be a bit much. Besides, perhaps it'd not be that bad... although. She had another idea upon seeing Scylla's reaction. “Come to think of it, I believe Scylla needs redemption. I'm sure someone as gracious as you would forgive her past offensiveness and allow her a chance to redeem herself, should she ask for it, would you not?” She'd ask Shion loud enough for Scylla to overhear as well. She had to get Scylla back for teasing her with the promise of blood again.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

Morana was the first to calm down. After all, Cayde had been put in command of her and he was the one telling her to hold on. As before, she was royally ignoring Scylla again, especially after the 'human skin' comment. Pretending Scylla didn't exists was going to be healthier for her sanity. She was silent for a bit, at the mention of bad blood. “Bad blood is a big word. She's just... difficult to work with.”

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“Right back at you!” She called back, not missing a single beat. A big smile formed when she got asked what she could give them. “I'm quick, stealthy and agile, but most of all... I've got a dubious enough reputation to do what those two can't~ You want to go meet that thrall, right? I was hoping to do the same! To see if I could infiltrate by pretending I want to join their side.”

Morana was quick to reply. “Your dubious reputation isn't something you should brag about.”

“We can't all be as straight-laced like you, Hound. Just know that I am completely loyal to Widersia, whether it's against The See or East Empire on the outside, or monsters on the inside. I won't let my loyalty to my nation be questioned.” That was more serious than she'd sounded thus far.

She then turned to Cayde. “I'm Kelsey.” His second question took her off guard for a moment, then she smiled smugly at him. “Oh, I see, I see, someone else is after some smooth rat-tail~ I can guarantee you those are fun to play with with when you get them all oiled up~ “ It was clear why Kelsey had a dubious reputation.

However, when he started naming details and gave a name, she was surprised. “Now there's a fun coincidence~ Did I run into someone's angry ex again? Listen, it was just some casual fun, that's all.” She didn't sound serious when she said that. “Anyhow... let me think... she was talking a lot, but I wasn't listening too much. Got no clue where she got the energy from to keep chatting after all the fun we had... Ah, by the way, she totally drugged one of the Second Breakfast Club's regulars and robbed him, so you might want to help her not get arrested if you find her, although I think she got away with ease~ I think she did mention leaving behind some dude and feeling bad about it, but not blaming him..? I don't know, I was with her for the fun, not the life stories.”

She then turned to Scylla. “You've got a lot of talk for someone trying to gag me in public~ Who's the real pervert there? First you claim I'm totally part of the group, now you're telling me to contribute or get out? You've gotta make up your mind sister~” She responded to Scylla, keeping up with the witches' pace with ease.

Morana grumbled. “As if one of them wasn't bad enough...”

If Kelsey heard it, she wasn't bothered. What Iberis said, however, did grab her attention. “He did it to himself?!? Wait... that... might make sense. He was pretty tight with his team. Seeing them die would probably make him lose it. Is that what happened?”

She suddenly realised this was her chance. “Well, it seems like we have a plan! Morana and Sverre will stay here, whilst I'll join your group to go meet the thrall. Miss totally-not-a-real-monster over there tricks the thrall, we figure out where the vampire's at through her, sell that information to the Vampire Hunters for some extra coin, then join them for even more coin when getting rid of the vampire~ Right? Let's go!” With this plan, she'd probably earn her hand back in no-time.

CaydeEVO.jpg
Mentions: Elvario Elvario

After Kelsey described the woman, Cayde's hand covered his mouth, eyes wider than ever. It wasn't a coincidence. Every last detail sounded exactly like Kesh. "Oh, my god..." He raised his hands to his head, "Oh my god!" He felt his heart race, a flourish of joy and shock coursing through his body. He'd been wrong all this time. All the sleepless nights, the deprecating thoughts, the excuses were for nothing. She made it back. She'd been here. Kesh was okay!
It took a moment for him to register the rest of Kelsey's words. The shock on Cayde's face only dimmed a little. "W-wait, S-She did what?" He asked, letting his jaw fall open. He paused, looked around the room, and laughed. Of course, the first thing she did after returning to the mainland was get into even more trouble. That's Kesh, alright. She hadn't changed in the slightest. "HA! Wait, no, I'm sorry. It's not funny," Cayde said between breaths, wiping tears from his eyes, "It's just that she was... I mean, is my apprentice. She just loved making those little concoctions, and I always said the second she'd used them, I'd be the one bailing her outta jail..." He shook his head wistfully, "Don't worry. When I find her, I'll set her straight. Guarantee you that,"

He knew that was only a half-truth. Sure, she would know just how much worry she caused, but there would be plenty of bomb-fishing after. And boar-roasting. And mushroom tasting. She'd like that.

After that news, a broad smile formed on Cayde's face. The thought of knowing Kesh was somewhere on the continent was incredibly invigorating. As if the world were lifted from his shoulder. Zane would have to know immediately, he thought. Just as soon as this investigation finished. "Alright. I think we could fit you in," He told Kelsey, "As soon as we get our info from the thrall, I can trust you'll be able to sneak away and relay it back to the Vampire Hunters," He looked to Morana and Sverre next, "You two should probably wait for us at the tavern. We'll all meet up there when we're done,"

He held up one finger, "One more thing, though. It's better if we have you listen in on our conversation with the thrall. We'll do the talking, and you'll be hiding nearby, and when we learn where the vampire might be, you get out of there,"

Sophia Smith

Sophia stepped back and followed the conversation looking from one person to another. As the conversation came to a close, she stepped forward, moving in close to the halfling. She leaned down, a small smile on her face as she said, "You know, I could help you with your hand problem. I've made the same offer to Morana with giving her an upgrade, but I am a rather skilled artisan, and I've made arms before. I can make it mithril and enchant it as well, if you'd like, and my arms come with feeling if you would like. It's a perk of being a magic item creator in addition to a blacksmith and enchanter."

She gave the girl a winning smile before standing up, looking at the others and saying, "I'll go with Chandra. I'll do my best to take the Thrall out if things go sideways. Scylla, think you'd be up to joining us? I have something I'd like to talk with you and Chandra about."

Iberis Odhir
Elvario Elvario

Seeing Morana and Kelsey stabilize to a more reasonable degree put Iberis a bit more at ease, as she lessened her grip on her catalyst in response. She also listened to the conversation that was ongoing, not having a ton to add herself at first, and just by listening she picked up on quite a few details. So It was likely according to Kelsey that Mr.S had wiped himself perhaps in response to seeing his comrades get slain. That was a feasible possibility but it wasn't exactly something they could easily prove unless the construct remembered himself and told them, what if he learned something important and it had been a defense mechanism so the enemy couldn't get it? Wasn't that another possibility? Iberis wasn't really sure, but she did know that they should probably keep the memory situation on watch incase anything useful crops up.

"Definitely sounds like another likely possibility, he was..less than happy seeing the state of his allies, but really..no one can blame him." Iberis replied to Kelsey

Besides learning Kelsey's name, Iberis also learned from Cayde her internal question from before about why the [beast] was of interest to him,so apparently this person was an apprentice of his? Sounded like whatever apprentice this was, had certainly been getting into some..interesting shenanigans to say the least between the encounters with Kelsey, and apparently committing crimes.

Regardless of the eccentricities of Kelsey she did sound like to Iberis that she knew what she was talking about, if she was up to questionable activity then that probably meant that she did indeed know her way around well, Iberis knew from experience what was like on the streets, Kelsey was exactly the type of person in that setting who she'd want on her side, but never as an enemy, so as far as she was concerned it was a win to recruit Kelsey at this point particularly when Morana's objections had felt superficial and personal at best.

"I think I'll do what I can to support..uh, wherever It's deemed I'm the most helpful." Iberis said to no one in particular when some started saying what they'd do. She was pretty content filling in a role that was appropriate to her skill set and just doing what she could, as she was becoming fonder of Cayde and of course was of Scylla already, she was inclined to trust their judgment.

zzzShion1.png

Shion simply nodded to Chandra about what her mental state informed her of. Good, she had even more information to help sell that she was really supposed to be here. She smirked when Chandra tried to ask to pet her tail again.

"Trying to butter me up, are we? No, that is too crass." Shion shook her head. "Chandra...thank you. I will allow you to later, but I like having my wits about me during moments like this." Shion stepped forward while everyone was discussing the plan and looked over at Cayde.

"Cayde, I agree with your plan...save for one little caveat." Shion folded her arms as her tail swayed about behind her while her gaze shifted to Kelsey.

"I'm not exactly a fan of Kelsey's little plot to maximize her profits. According to Chima, these hunters have been disorganized from the moment they showed up, and that means a lack of discipline. If you take money to tell them everything we learn, and then offer to assist them, frankly, that sounds like an easy way to whet some daggers that I'm not fond of getting put in my back." Shion sighed as her arms unfolded and looked back at Cayde as she took a couple paces closer to them.

"If we insist on her help, we should let everyone in this room hear that Kelsey won't sell anything she learns to those vampires. After all, if she tries to lie her way through it later, she'll have plenty of witnesses otherwise." Shion looked to Morana.

"Since she seems as dubious as even she claims, wouldn't you agree, Morana?" Shion asked, smirking to the cyborg. She then looked to Iberis with a smile.

"After how you handled yourself in that last fight, I have no reason to think you should be anywhere but with us, Iberis." She stated with confidence before she looked to Scylla and Sophia. She didn't doubt Scylla's abilities in a fight, but her ability to gain key information and not give things away with a slip of the tongue was...a gamble. She wanted to suggest she go with Morana and Sverre, but then she realized there'd be a good chance that'd result in one or more casualties putting Scylla in the same room as Morana with no one here to balance the witch out.

She resigned to keeping holding her words back before looking to Chandra. She also wanted to keep these hunters as happy as possible to help Chandra, Kelsey acting on her greed would only make them annoyed at the group at best in her eyes, and losing a good source of info for Chandra at worst. She focused her attention forward again to see what everyone would say.

Last edited:
Safe Room 002
Time: 17:30 Weather Light drizzle, early evening, sun has mostly set
rinne-park-04.jpg

Chandra Jarmil

She felt genuinely upset for a little, when her compliment to Shion seemed to be misunderstood. Then she gave Shion an equally genuine smile when the latter did a 180 and thanked her. “You're welcome, I'm glad it was someone like you.” She couldn't add the 'what' in public, but the sentence would've ended with 'that peered into my deepest darkest secrets' should Shion still be mind-reading. Either way, this was good. “Of course~” She took the refusal rather lightly, but then realised something. She had to keep her wits about her... wait... so like... was petting her tail..? Kalina felt some of Sophia's blood run towards her cheeks, making her blush ever so slightly. Was it this level of distracting to Shion to have her tail be pet? Had Kalina been misunderstanding the 'severity' of what she'd been requesting all that much? This was a bit more than just like fluffy a handshake... wasn't it?

That said, she followed suit, focussing on their planning as well. Time to be serious again. She was surprised when she heard Cayde break out in laughter. What had she missed? She focussed on his words and quickly put them into context. That rat he'd been with in the marshes, apparently she was alright and still getting herself into trouble. She neither hated nor liked Kesh. Perhaps if she'd been able to interact with Kesh as herself more, rather than in her 'Chandra' act, she'd have gotten along better. Either way, she was happy. She stood up and headed for Cayde, knowing how much this must mean to him. “Hey, I'm glad your apprentice is okay. I'm happy for you~” She said, putting a hand on his shoulder. “Although she was crafty, so it's not too much of a surprise, right? I bet she's up to even more antics right as we speak~” Then she'd add, at a more hushed tone. “I'm sorry... I didn't realise how much this was still bothering you. I'm truly glad that burden has been lifted for you.”

For a moment, she thought about what she heard Iberis say, then she made up her mind. “You should stick close to me. You're experienced with undead and monsters, you've been able to deal with them before. If anyone has a chance at convincingly playing the act alongside me, it'd be you. Besides, after what we've been through together, having you nearby would be comforting, especially when dealing with even more undead.” She felt a little bad for asking Iberis to join in with the danger, but not enough to abstain from doing so.

She then turned to Cayde again. “The same would go for you. You two are the likeliest to be able to keep up appearances.” Then she turned towards Scylla, Sophia and Shion. “No offence, but perhaps it might be best for you three to stay on the background and not say too much. We don't know what magic or rules this Thrall operates under, so anything said might trigger her to attack. The less we say and the more we make her talk, the better it'll be for us.”

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“Bhahaaha!” She burst out in laughter at Cayde's promise to make Kesh better her life. “Dude, I've spent one dinner and a single fun night with her and I can already tell you, you'd sooner turn a [monster] into a saint than set that one straight. Just make sure she doesn't get into trouble too deeply and you'd already do a fine enough job.”

She nodded at his approval. Good, good. “That'll be easy, for sure.” However, she raised an eyebrow at his next proposal. “That's a really, really big risk. If I'm hiding nearby and get spotted, the Thrall will assume some sort of set-up and attack everyone in the worst case scenario or it'll order you guys to attack me to prove your loyalty in a best case scenario. I may be stealthy, but we don't know if she has any supernatural senses or the likes. If I'm visible from the get-go, we'll be able to just say I'm trying to change sides from the get-go.”

She perked up at Sophia's suggestion. “Oho, that sounds great! I've had enchanted mithril before. Started off with just some super-strength, had some penetrating power at one point, but the best ones I've had so far were one that worked like a full-on flamethrower and one that allowed me to create barriers and nullify magic.” She paused for a bit, debating the next part. “Feeling... that'd be fun in the bedroom, but not in battle. So I guess I'd skip out on that one... Although, on the topic of bedroom... Those are some lovely arms you've got~ Let me know if you ever want to work them on something more lively than that craft of yours~” She added with a wink, but with her quickly introduced track record, she likely meant it in full. “Anyhow, what's the price going to be at? Unless mister … Cayde, was it? Unless Cayde here refunds what his apprentice stole from me, I'll be short on money for the foreseeable future.”

She then turned to Shion. “Oh, come on, don't be a spoilsport~” She sighed at Shion's reasoning, it wasn't... totally wrong. “Well, I guess I'd be a lot less down on money if the lovely armed miss hooks me up, so I'd be down to wave goodbye the more profitable business plans!” Honestly, she wasn't in it for the money all that much, she just wanted a second hand back in working order. “HEY! I HEARD THAT!” She shouted at Shion. “I may be dubious, but I'm not disloyal. I act in the best interest of Widersia and letting those monsters roam free is clearly a danger. I'd be seen dead before handing vampires any information.” She was genuinely offended by that remark.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

Morana scratched her head with a mechanical finger. “As much as I'd love to say otherwise, I'd have to admit she likely isn't lying. She's done all sorts of shady things, but never against Widersia's interests. Just... shady stuff.”

Kelsey perked up at that. “Oh~ I knew you'd eventually start liking me Morry, so... About my suggestion from way back...”

“Absolutely not.”

“Fine...”

Morana sighed, then turned to Cayde. “With all due respect, would it not be better if we at least waited nearby? So that we can help out should things go wrong? I mean... if it's your commandment, I'll obey, of course, but...” She was clearly not liking the idea of being left out at all. However, there was a bit of eagerness in her voice. She likely hoped for things to go wrong so she could fight the thrall. Bringing her closer might make her endanger the mission overall.

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

“Imma do what miss purple tells me.” Mr.S had a simple reply ready for Cayde, then turned towards Scylla, awaiting her orders.

Chandra Jarmil

After overhearing the others, she spoke up again. “With all due respect, I have the best shot at fooling the thrall with my disguise, Cayde, Iberis and perhaps Kelsey have a good shot at being able to play along. Scylla, Shion and Sophia might not stand out too much if they try to mostly stay silent and would be enough back-up should a fight break out. I don't think it's smart to involve even more people directly.”

She wasn't in charge here, but that she had a pretty strong preference. That said, she figured she'd run down her plan one more time. “As Yurena, I'll come to the thrall and claim to bring in new folk wishing to become vampires. If she asks, I'd prefer if Cayde could be the first to step forwards. Ideally we'll figure out a way to make her ask Iberis if she's still suspicious... perhaps Iberis can pretend to still be doubtful at first? Either way, I'll try to get her talking about the vampire, their goals. I'll try to slowly gain more and more useful information to see how much I can push it. Perhaps I can even find a way to ask how she's controlled by pretending I want a thrall of my own... I'll... I'll likely be saying some pretty vile stuff if needed, so I apologise in advance. Know what I won't mean any of what I might end up needing to say.” She wanted to make that one as clear as possible in advance.

“If all of you could focus on trying to gather as much information as possible from her replies... actually, Shion, if you could use your telepathy to relay any thoughts without her knowing, that would be ideal. Otherwise, I'd just need you all to stand by and be on guard. We don't know how the thrall fights, so in a worst case, we'll trigger something that gets her to prepare her attack without us knowing and she'll just play along with me until it's too late for us.”

That was the most Kalina had said in a fair while and she knew this didn't exactly fit 'Chandra', but she felt responsible for taking a bit more of a leading position after getting distracted by blood, tails and trauma. She'd been the one to ask them over, so the least she could do was try to prove some of her worth. “That would only leave the question, where do we look for her? She might well be at the factory we found Sverre by now, as she was hunting him. Or perhaps she's elsewhere in Third Factory Street? There were some other suspicious places there...” She wasn't sure where to go first, although she was biased... which she should probably admit. “I'm... not sure if I can overcome the... trauma well enough to act well, so... I'd suggest looking for her elsewhere first. Even if she is hunting down Sverre, it wouldn't guarantee she's right there, right?”

Iberis Odhir

Iberis lit up upon hearing Shion's praise like that, as she gave her a warm smile. "I'm glad that my best is paying off then. However I will also admit it was quite nice having you there with me." Iberis replied happily.
Iberis turned to look at Chandra when she told her she should stick with her in all of this. That wasn't unreasonable given what Iberis had learned from Auldlich, she knew a great deal more about undead than before, as well as having fought against monsters and the like in that other world. She was there to support Chandra, and she had no qualms about getting involved in combat or need be. In addition she felt like she probably did have a chance of putting up an act when it came down to it, she did have a deception skill even if it wasn't as impressive as Chandra's there she could certainly tap into it.

"Not a problem then, I'll stick close, I agree, I think It's where I think I'll be the most use for this operation. I can definitely play it cool too, I'm confident enough of that." She reaffirmed, giving Chandra a bit of a smile, just to further solidly that she wasn't upset by this, even if it put her at greater personal risk. Iberis's mindset had shifted a bit more collectively now that Renee was gone, the force which promoted her self focus on becoming more powerful even at the expense of others becoming greatly reduced after seeing what happened to Renee in the end.

Iberis had also overheard the other's interactions. Shion brought up a good point which was not lost on Iberis, as again if someone had the certain skill set which Kelsey possessed then it wasn't unreasonable to assume she may just decide to use them for primarily self serving purposes down the line, such as profiting in the way Shion described. and upon hearing Chandra respond, she still felt that Chandra was making some solid judgments about who should be where and doing what. It would be ideal if Shion could use her power to assist that way, since as far as Iberis could tell Shion perhaps wasn't up to full power after coming from her past world, that was just a hypothesis from Iberis naturally.

Since Iberis wasn't really in a leadership position to direct, she figured the others would sort the construct pair, in which Morana brought up a point for consideration as far as their total fire power was concerned as a group.

Then there was the matter of the later part of Chandra inquiring where they should head to check things out.

"Maybe we should check out some of the other areas on the street then, I think it'd be better if we were as full capacity as possible when we're searching out threats like these." Iberis commented, feeling bad that Chandra still didn't feel great about the notion of going back after that episode she had. It would be pretty disasterous if the hostiles showed up just as Chandra was having problems.

Cayde nodded to Kalina as she approached him, his eyes lighting up as she spoke. "Thank you. You don't know how good this feels," He said warmly, "Been thinkin' about it so long... God...," He rolled his shoulders. They felt lighter. Everything felt lighter. Even his mind felt significantly clearer. No chattering bugs skittering about in sight. Just the cool, enveloping feeling of well-needed closure. "Feels like I can do anything now," He stared down at his hands, clenching them, "Heh, feels I'm the old me again," Then, he shook his head with an incredulous chuckle, "But enough about my little epiphany, yeah?" He smiled, "We've got a city to save. Let's get back to it."

Doing just that, Cayde turned back to the group right as Shion gave her doubts about Kelsey. His eyes flicked between the two as the halfling yelled back at her. Not great. Maybe he needed to say something. "Shion didn't mean any offense, Kelsey. She's just being careful. Wants to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible, y'know?" He assured, "Look, you being here is all the proof we need of your loyalty. The city will be thanking you for all the work you get done here," Cayde folded his hands behind his back, a prospective tone evident in his voice, "Plus, when everything is over, I'll be sure to put in a good word to the baron for you. Maybe he'll help with your compensation?"

Then, Cayde shifted his attention to Morana. He folded his arms as he pondered her request. Having more backup didn't sound too awful. But it'd be all over if the thrall even got a whiff of them. A risk that couldn't be taken. "I'm confident we'll be diplomatic enough to deal with the thrall without backup," He said, "There's also a big risk with bringing backup, too. If the thrall suspects anyone else is nearby, the whole plan might fall apart." Cayde gave a brief nod, but it didn't feel so sure. Saying no to Morana felt wrong. But maybe this was a time to stay firmly objective. "When we're done with the thrall, and we all assemble to go after the vampire, I'm sure we'll see her again," He gestured to Morana's arm, "She won't be happy. But I'll be sure you are the first one to take care of that."

With both promises made, Cayde listened on as Kalina listed off the rest of the plan. He felt tense once she mentioned he'd be on the front lines. It felt like ages since he'd tried convincing an enemy. What'd happened if he messed up here? Cayde shook the thought away. He was still alive. That meant he must've done something right. This meeting would go no differently. Surely. "Alright. Me, Kelsey, and Iberis. Sounds like a plan," He said, glancing between Kelsey and Iberis. Two surprises just waiting to happen. "With a trio like this, how could we fail?"

He nodded with Iberis' suggestion, "I agree. Maybe we should snoop around those abandoned buildings we saw," Then, he turned to address the entire party, "Before we go, let's keep in mind we do have some leverage on Sverre's location. If the thrall gets a bit iffy, I'll mention we might know where he is. Maybe that'll get her talking,"

739A4EBD-4B38-4E84-BD27-380193147A86.png

Scylla flinched a bit at being called out on her flighty demeanor but the one named Kelsey. “HEY! I’m allowed to change my mind! I’m the LEADER here after all!” She pointed an accusing finger. “Grr!”

With all the talking and bickering however Scyllas gaze would go from one group to the other, and back and forth again. This halfling was totally taking her spotlight. The witch would cross her arms and sigh as she continued to be the center of attention. After some time, she had taken a seat and further more accidentally dozed off. “Zzz... smooch?.. zzz.. I’m not that easy professor..” she’d mutter in between soft high pitched snores. “zzz.. yes, my hair is naturally golden.. zzz..” then suddenly waking up to the sound of her name she woke up a bit startled. “huh? oh! Present!” She exclaimed raising her hand, then a bit embarrassingly giggled before standing up. She stared a bit blankly then, before nodding at Sophia. “Right. Split up into teams, exquisite idea!” She said holding up an index finger happily.

Then she looked on hopefully as Chandra then expressed how much of a giveaway she would be, she frowned and put her hands on her hips. “Now wait just a minute! I’m the most discrete, most prudent and responsible there ever was!” She stared at the disguised vampire in disbelief for a moment before crossing her arms looking away, “Oh I suppose you’re right.” She admitted as she kicked the ground a bit. “Sticks and stones may break my bones but your words will never hurt me.” She rolled her eyes at the cliche spewed out of her mouth, but she then sighed shallowly. It was really quite difficult to offend the bubbly witch.

As for the plan that was being set in motion, “Well, I’d say we let Mr. S hang about on Factory Street and we just standby and hide until this thrall shows up. However, I do like the idea of being able to get some details regarding its master. And uhm, well, Mr.S memory is still a work a in progress isn’t it Mr.S?” She said giving the construct a wink. “Anyway, I’m not a power hungry leader type, cause ew. So I’ll just go where I’d be the most useful. Mr.S and me can kick butt!!”

Last edited:
Sophia Smith

Sophia paused, her eyebrows raising at the response. A small smirk passed over her face as one of her claws lifted up and tapped her chin with it. "Hmm. Well, I do have a love, but if she doesn't mind it, I would love giving you a bit of service outside of the one I'm paid for~" She gave her a small wink, a claw reaching down and pressing under the halfling's chin, lifting it up to stare into her eyes. "But, of course, you'll have to ask her~" She tilted her head towards the monster pretending to be human pretending to be monster, before giving a small giggle. "I'll be waiting for her response~"

She turned to Scylla, a smile passing over her face. "And I'm glad you agree with my plan! After all, I think it would be best for the three of us to talk about something that has caught my attention, so it really would be great if we could have some time alone."

zzzShion1.png

Shion caught traces of Chandra's thoughts for her appreciation, and simply glanced a smile her way.

She sighed soon after as she listened to Kelsey's reply and Cayde's attempt to defuse their quarrel. "Very well, I trust we all want the same thing then. Chima didn't exactly give a loyal first impression for the Baron's information network if she's ready to put Morana in harms way with zero remorse."

Perhaps she had overstepped her concerns, but she meant every word. Chima was fully willing to put Morana in direct danger to whatever buyers would be interested before giving them vital information, Morana was a killer that she had gained a small amount of respect for even if looking at her was still somewhat difficult, but both her first impressions gave her no good answer why should she trust Kelsey. Morana's word was all she could go by at this point, if it was up to her she'd still say no. She let it go, and started listening to Chandra...who immediately revealed her powers of telepathy to those in the room who didn't know yet.

Well, that secret's out, can't hide that anymore...I suppose I should be compliant, it wouldn't do me any good to lecture the halfling on withholding information and hold my own back. Shion thought to herself as she listened to Chandra's plan closely. Her arm raised slightly while her other hand rested on her hip as she responded.

"Keeping back and using my telepathy I'm afraid won't do much good. I'll need to be close to feel any of her thoughts, otherwise it just feels like an abstract river around my mind I can't make heads or tails of. Being silent will be easy, it'll help me focus on her mind rather than my words."

She looked to Iberis with a smile when she spoke confidently about where she'd serve best as well as where to look. "Don't worry, sounds like I'll be beside you if your confidence wavers at all, Iberis."

She then turned her head towards Cayde as he spoke, and she happened to agree with him completely this time. She decided to back him up with Morana. "There will be plenty to kill in the finale, why not use the second act to whet your appetite? Hunting when hungry is more thrilling than when full."

Shion had been a kitsune for many years, hunting was something she did often. Humans were never on her menu, killing them was more out of hatred than hunger. Plenty or game fell to her claws though, plenty of first bites after outwitting her prey in the chase had certainly fueled her adrenaline many times in her life.

She then turned her head slightly when a certain witch started throwing a mild temper tantrum. Shion was starting to question just how much of a liability Scylla could be to this task. She held no ill will towards the witch, but she definitely left a varying impression on herself, Morana, and Kelsey since meeting them. Sverre registering her as leader was also potentially concerning too, but not yet at least. She seemed surprisingly complacent about the plan though.

Then she heard Sophia and Kelsey's exchange, and it raised one of Shion's eyebrows considerably from its typical placement. That was an...interesting way to view one's love for someone. She wasn't even sure if she found it wrong or not, it just...she could never see herself consider such a possibility. She shook her head and let Sophia be herself. "Interesting..." She didn't even hear the word escape her lips, but it was almost instinct with how genuine it sounded.

Last edited:
Safe Room 002
Time: 17:30 Weather Light drizzle, early evening, sun has mostly set
rinne-park-04.jpg

Chandra Jarmil

She was glad to hear the others agree with the plan. In particular Iberis smiling at her was so adorable she had to resist going in for another hug and tried her best to just focus on staying on topic. She also heard some others agree on where to go next and while she didn't know if it was out of pity or if they bought the excuse, she was certainly happy with it. She was also truly happy with Cayde's reply. Having him at his best gave a bit more confidence for this mission.

That said, with their plans being set on, she figured she'd best get more into the part she'd prepared for herself, so she headed for a corner of the room and took off her [Heavy Armour B] and her clothes, then used her alternate identity.

Yurena

href.li

She soon rummaged through her backpack to get an outfit out that'd fit 'Yurena' a lot more (Disguise F) and put it on. It was definitely not the type of thing she'd typically wear, but well... She'd made this alternate identity the way it was for a reason, so she'd pull through with it. This should make her even more convincing to the thrall, or so she hoped. “Alright, I'm ready. Ah, right, we might want to avoid any busy roads and places while I'm in this form. I'd rather not have any confusion arise.” She said, turning back to face the others in her new (now full) disguise.

Upon Shion's reply she shook her head. “No, not hers. I meant between us. You'd be able to discuss a plan together without her hearing it, right? Should things go wrong.” That was the main reason she'd mentioned it, as it was a solid back-up. They could plot out an escape, attack or other move simply by having Shion in the group. Such a power shouldn't be ignored, especially not in case Kalina's original plan wouldn't work out.

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

Cayde's words made her calm down a bit. “Fine, fine.” She uttered back, not sounding entirely convinced. “I doubt the baron will ever pay me though... would be fun if he did...” She mumbled afterwards.

She then turned to Scylla with a questioning look. “You're... the leader?” Genuine surprise filled her voice. Then she looked at the others as if they were collectively sharing a single braincell, only to shake her head and figure it'd best be ignored.

She gave Sophia a knowing smile when Sophia mentioned her condition. “So you got yourself a mistress~ Good going! I'll ask if she wants in while at it~” She stated, having come to her own conclusions pretty quickly and easily. For better or worse.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

She didn't like being left out, but... she couldn't argue with their reasoning. First of all, due to it being a solid argument. Secondly, due to Cayde being put in charge of her. “Very well.” She simply replied, not wanting to make a bigger deal out of this... until she heard Scylla. “By the gods, have you not been given a brain underneath that hat of yours? Everyone just discussed how bad of an idea it is to bring that fool! Believe me, I want to be fighting more than anyone, but I'd be fucked to be sent off due to you guys wanting to try tricking her first only for you to ruin it by bringing along Sverre and fighting her without me. Either we'll both go and we just fuck her up or you tell that brain-damaged fool to hold off as well.” Some of her [Bloodlusted] parts sounded through again, with how eager she was to go after the thrall.

Travelling
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Travelling
Time: 18:00 Weather Light drizzle, early evening, getting dark​

The group was soon making their way back towards Third Factory Street. As they were travelling through the light rain, with the last daylight fading Scylla would still be able to send off Mr.S should she change her mind. Morana had already parted ways with them.

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

Kelsey, however, had tagged along as planned. She picked up pace to end up next to a certain vampire and whistled. “I can see why the spider-armed gal has you for a mistress~ That's some good stuff! What do you say for after this, you, me, her and a whole world of fun? You down?”

Yurena

href.li

She was surprised when the halfling approached her and... couldn't really follow along with her offer. Truth be told, Kalina was extremely inexperienced. She barely knew what this halfling was talking about. She'd learned to be flirty in this life. She'd learned that drinking blood directly could make her feel... things. Good things. She'd also learned that she somehow enjoyed Sophia's reaction to being hurt by her. That was about all she knew about these things and that already felt like 'a lot' to her at times. That, of course, wasn't something she'd ever admit. Especially now that she was trying to get her Yurena act on, she needed to sound like she knew what she was talking about, even if she didn't know at all.

“I'm not interested, but Sophia's free to do as she pleases.” Yes, that would probably work. That'd sound like she knew what was going on without having to actually know it. Good. Well, it's not like she didn't know at all. She had some fair ideas of what this was about, she just... had no clue what to think about those or how to act on it. Drinking blood directly was one thing. Hurting Sophia a little another. What this halfling seemed to be implying was several levels beyond her scope right now.

Kelsey, a little disappointed, shrugged. “Well, let me know if you change your mind~” She then turned to Sophia. “We're good! Got a good after-party to look forwards to after dealing with this thrall now!”

Third Factory Street
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Third Factory Street
Time: 19:00 Weather Light drizzle, early evening, getting dark
wPW5LOC.jpg

By the time they arrived, it was dark and quiet in Third Factory Street. Most buildings were deserted and closed up. A few were still open, including the factory from before. There was also still the other suspicious buildings, most importantly one at the end of a path leading to the back to some sort of 'Aquaculture Labs' that'd been on the radar prior.

Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

Hearing Cayde's reassurance made Iberis feel good.

"Of course, with all we have, we'll definitely succeed" She reaffirmed Cayde's optimism, saying it as if there was no chance of failure. Iberis looking more determined now.

Iberis lit up a bit more when Shion mentioned that she'd be beside her. Even though she hadn't known Shion all that long in the grand scheme of things she couldn't help but feel safer having her there then compared to not, she had been quite kind and even after Iberis had seen all that imagery she had gone through, and the issues Shion had with humans, she was still there working through it all. "Thanks..Shion." She replied softly.

The following events seemed pretty standard to Iberis, Kalina not wanting to take extra risks with non group members seeing her in her Yurena form was understandable. When Iberis heard Kelsey comment about the Mistress business she couldn't help but blush a bit as that was a far bit even farther then she was expecting to hear Kelsey talk about, while the suggestive talk had been funny at first, this was just giving Iberis second hand embarrassment. The only reason she even knew what Kelsey was referring to was because of what an avid reader Iberis had become when she learned how, and it sounded like there was a misunderstanding that Iberis had no desire to get caught up in explaining happening there.

Kelsey's bewilderment wasn't the most unfounded for why Scylla was designated leader from an outsider perspective, but Iberis did have faith that Scylla was capable for these sorts of roles, she had been with her since she arrived at the academy and Scylla had always been able to rise the occasion when things got difficult and complicated.

Then there was Morana who wasn't the most pleased at Scylla evidently it seemed, but it also seemed that part of that beyond the danger of bringing a compromised Mr.S was that there was the risk of her missing out on the action, this was not lost on Iberis. Again she felt that Scylla just needed to be given a chance to shine like she usually did when it mattered most.

"Hey. Scylla has been pivotal in past important escapades some being life or death for me that I've been involved in her with and as I result I can say confidently say that I trust her not only as a friend, but an ally. I just ask that you two at least give her proper chance, because I don't say these sorts of things lightly about just anyone." Iberis felt at that point that it wouldn't be okay to just let the pair give Scylla their ire without her at the very least trying to contextualize things.
---

It wasn't long before Iberis was walking along with the rest of the group looking around at the very in her opinion strange architecture. For some reason it still felt somewhat familiar despite it not being anything she had seen before arriving in this place..a bit of her repressed past life memories perhaps acting up. For now she just tried her best to stay where she needed to be, and gripped her staff as she looked around at the ready to act a moments notice given the sort of place they were heading into.

As the group went on to solidify their plan, Cayde stood by, carefully observing their faces. His eyes shifted to Scylla as she made her objections known, lips pursing as he considered her argument. She sounded a little bit like Kesh. Reminded him of her, too. Always so spontaneous. So unpredictable. A helpful trait when things go wrong. When action was needed immediately. Cayde nodded covertly to himself. Scylla would've been great at that role. She just needed to hear it. "It's not that you're none of those things, Scylla," He said, a friendly tone enveloping his voice, "It's just that we need someone to observe us. To study. And when things are about to go south, we'll need their quick thinking and creativity to help us prevent that," He nodded, "You're our safety net. That sounds like the perfect role for you, yeah?"

As for Scylla's input to bring Sverre, Cayde paused, briefly studying the construct. He felt his lips tighten. Bringing Sverre would make things... complicated. But maybe she'd come up with a use for him? "Okay, glad you want Sverre involved, but what do you plan for-" He stopped, a sudden outburst from Morana making him spin on his heels. Shock spread across his face as he listened to her rant. This wasn't good. She was going to lose face if she kept going like this. He had to say something. "Wait! Morana! I understand what you're saying. Nothing's set in stone just yet. Scylla's just helping us brainstorm, is all," He held up his palms in appeasement, "Look, whatever happens, you'll get your fight one way or another." He looked to the safe room's exit. This place wasn't doing them any good anymore. They all needed to get out now. "Come on, let's get out of here. We'll keep talking, okay?"

- - - - - -

Rain slid off his shoulders as he silently trailed behind Sverre. Morana had departed—a knot twisted in his gut.

It wasn't his fault, Cayde thought. He didn't say anything wrong. Morana just snapped. Everyone snapped. But that wouldn't fix what happened to Scylla. As spontaneous as she was, she didn't deserve any of that. She was trying to help as much as everyone else here. All she needed was someone to vouch for her. The notion made him sigh. Iberis had done it. So quickly and so effectively, too. Did he do the same? Did he say enough? Would there be another chance?

He paused mid-thought as he spotted a familiar abandoned building. "Hey, remember this place, guys?" Cayde announced, pointing toward the path heading to Aquaculture Labs, "Abandoned. Not too far from the factory. Might be a good place to check first," He looked to Kalina next, "You should take the lead. Me, Kelsey, and Iberis will be right behind you," With that said, he retired behind her, though much farther to be considered "right behind." A great opportunity, he thought as he stepped over to Scylla. Maybe there was a chance to say more.

Cayde bowed his head in apology, "I'm sorry about what happened with Morana. You're a great leader. You didn't need to hear any of that," He glanced at Sverre and back at her, "I still believe we need your creativity. You're definitely cooking up something with Sverre. Wanna let me in on it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back