• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Faynorae

Great Maiden's Blush
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"At~ten~tion! ☆ This forum roleplay is part of the universe of [Isekai Hell]! You are welcome to join if you read all of this and that~♪"

Time: 12:00
Weather: Warm, cold and somewhat harsh breeze, clear sunny skies.
Location: The See of Fae(Chearon), Far Western Bishiri, Secluded Gardens

Beauty

Monet's garden.jpgA path, verdantly bright as its gentle blades of grass trembled in the northward wind. It was harsh, it was telling. The time when snowflakes dance, and the oceans freeze...

That was what impended; but, here on this path framed with faery roses (Not to be mistaken with Fairy Flowers) aplenty made it seem as though it were early spring. These roses are a local speciality in the See of Chearon, being the only place where they grow naturally and in the wild. It's quite fortunate for the quartet to enjoy their aesthetics, for these flowers are infamous for only being in full bloom for seven days—earning them the meaning of "Transience," or "Sublimity."

As these roses' petals swayed in the stirring breeze, the ambient rustling was uncouthly disturbed, "Aiyah!" Keone's voice rang out in displeasure, "It was so much warmer a minute or two ago... Where did all this wind even come from?!" She whined, her arms crossed as she attempted to warm her shoulders.

Islwyn gazed with sparkling eyes at the surrounding scenery, prancing around and even slowing down to fully take in the fragrance. "Oh, Keone~ Stop worrying about the weather for a moment, and take a moment to stop and smell the roses!" The doe spoke, stopping and then breathing in the fragrant air. "Ahh~♡ The smell of roses, the rustling of leaves, the ungentle breeze... It all just makes me crave a nice cup of rose liqueur!" Islwyn exclaimed as she skipped excitedly. "Tsk tsk..." Keone stared at her briefly before rolling her eyes and slithering by.

A while prior to this, Euthalia had received a letter from a white bird. Stamped with a familiar sylvan symbol, a cardioid shape with two swirling lines. It was sent by a certain sylph and idol, Ophenia.

Good Morning!

Salutations, dearest Manager Effethaylius, it is Ophánia. By every soaring wind, I do hope & wish this letter finds you in fair. I am currently in Bishiri in order to renovate my abode into a salon! (The home I was rewarded). I wanted to invite your presence. It would be my joy to spend my leisure with you, and possibly, any other friends you bring as company.

In honesty, I do require your opinions... & assistance in terms of decor & entertainment. You will find the place is located in westerly Bishiri, there is a path of flowers. Follow it until you smell anemones & dandelions or when you see a flowering tree with eight pinwheels. I am excited to see you again!

With love & joy, Sincerely,
Ophánia “Du Couer Pur”

Of course, Ophenia's directions were quite... ambiguous. It wasn't clear if Euthalia and friends were even walking down the right path... It didn't really matter though, because the scenery of this place wasn't unlovely. It was a perfect day today... if you ignored the capricious gusts of wind. Islwyn pranced closely beside Euthalia, "Euthalia~♪ Aren't you glad we get to meet our little friend again? Ah! You think she's grown a bit since our last meeting?" The satyr asked, eyes still on the scenery as they strolled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Heavily self-edited AI generated stuff.
Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae | Calliope StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Euthalia, being a tad bit less perceptive to temperature changes, didn't mind the cold breeze too much. It was only when Keone mentioned it that it really stood out to her. “Perhaps it's a wind spirit having a bad day.” She joked. One of the things she tended to do a bit more often after having had her Heart's Seed returned to her.

She bowed down a bit, checking the flowers. She could probably grow them with her magic, if she'd want, although the soil here was the thing that likely maintained them as well as they were. Come to think of it, this might be a great rooting spot, although they didn't exactly have the time for it. They didn't really have time for rose liquor either, for that matter.

“You know, I'm almost a bit surprised by the amount of ways Ophenia manages to mistake someone's name.” By now, it was tough not to notice it, even in writing, being further and further away from Euthalia's actual name. “I'm pretty sure we even gave her a note with our names on it.” She shook her head. “She'll disappoint a lot of people if she ever starts writing personalised letters to their fans and gets all their names wrong.”

“By the way, do you smell those flowers Ophenia mentioned?” She'd ask Keone, knowing her to be the one with the sharpest nose among them. “Or see a... 'flowery tree with eight'” she tried to figure out what the last word said “'pinwheels... I think it reads pinwheels.” She said, handing the note to Calliope to see if she could make any more sense of it by any chance.

She turned to Islwyn. “Hmmm... I'm not sure. She seemed to be rather all-over the place, but for her to work on her own home now suggests she at least has some clearer short-term goals?” The latter was more of a question than a statement. “I wonder if she'll like our present.” She stated, holding the colourful stone they'd bought for her a while back.

She turned to Calliope again. “Ah, some things you might want to know in advance. She's rather naïve and airheaded, but she means well. She'll probably forget your name instantly, so don't bother correcting her. She'll probably also instantly try to get you to join her fandom, which is up to you, but if you intend to turn her down, try to do it gently. She doesn't seem to take rejection well in that regard.” She wasn't sure why, but she realised she was almost acting like a real manager preparing a meet-up with new fans. How peculiar.

Short orange hair blue eyes cat ears fantasy adventure merchant artisan flowers s-546784325.pngCalliope Dar'Maoro
Mentions: Elvario Elvario Faynorae Faynorae
Languages: Common | <Beastial>

The Neko tilted her head back and smiled as the breeze carried the scent of the flowers to her. For only the briefest moment, she closed her eyes and breathed heavily the air, being brought back to her hometown. "I agree, Islwyn, mmhhmm. The roses are wonderful, mmhhmm. Though, I have never had Rose Liqueur, mmhhmm. Perhaps we should get some soon, I would very much like to try it, mmhhmm." She fought the urge to pick some of the flowers, unsure of the customs surrounding such an act. Her last visit to Bishri had been difficult enough she wasn't interested in complicating things further.

Calliope took the letter from Euthalia, turning it this way and that in her hand as she walked, trying to keep pace with the Sylvari. "You said she was a sylph, right, hhhmmm? I-Is this common or... sylvan maybe, hhhmmm?" It was quite beautiful, artistic in a sense, but unlike any of the harsh bold common she was used to seeing now a days, or the scratchy rough common she had grown up with in the Beastial community. Her own had become a rough blend of the two lying somewhere in between after years of forcing herself to change for the sake of her trade. She looked up and glanced around for a tree with pinwheels.

Calliope nodded as Euthalia explained Ophenia's peculiarities to her, trying to take it all in. Naive and Airheaded sounded like her brother, Titus. And she was used to being mis named, when she was younger with her Beastial name, and even currently. Cal-ee-ope. It was a human name, it's why she used it, why did they get it wrong? And... what was a fan-club? She could do gentle though, that was her default state. "Y-you said she is some kind of performer right, hhhmmm? Like a musician and dancer, hhhmmm? Idol was what you said... is that like a... ah, I am unfamiliar with so many of these uncommon words... <busker>, hhhmmm?" It made her think of her brother Muharriq who sometimes played his music in city squares or taverns. She would definitely need to return home soon. It had been an exciting couple of months, but that just increased the homesickness faster.

Time: 12:01
Location: The See of Fae(Chearon), Far Western Bishiri, Secluded Gardens

• Character Goals:
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    • Gift the [Colourful Stone] to Ophánia

Language Keys:
    Please remember to use the following when your character is speaking a language. For your characters to understand what other characters are saying they must possess the [Language] skill according to the following language.
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

Beauty

download (25).jpg
awldLOf.jpg
Keone Nagendra
"Well, maybe the wind spirit should have a bad day somewhere else!" Keone replied, chuckling a bit as she slithered on. Whilst Euthalia checked the roses, she would be unsurprised to find a pair of large black eyes staring back at her in the rosette of pink petals. {"Ohoh? Good morning! ...Or is it afternoon? Whatever~♫"} The flower pixie whistled, as she beat her wings and quickly fluttered further down the path. She was carrying a few dandelions, and the seeds scattered around Euthalia as the pixie glitzed away. Swift was the small fae, so much so that it was likely only that Euthalia would have noticed her, although Calliope would have heard the pixie.

Midsummer Fairies Dandelion_ Art Print - Etsy.jpg
Credit – Casey Robin​

uSlu8FB.jpg
Islwyn Meadhra
"Yeah~" Islwyn smiled, "But isn't it part of her charm~? Although... It does get confusing at times, heheh~" She giggled, "Look on the greener side, she did get the first letter correct!" Islwyn would add as she turned to Calliope. "It's delightful, Calli~ It's fragrant as freshly bloomed roses..." The satyr mused, frolicking in her steps, before stopping and staring at the floor. "However, it is quite... expensive." She would admit with an unnerved smile.

"Hmm..." Keone sniffed the air briefly, "Nope. Nothing but roses and... water? There's probably a stream somewhere near." Calliope would be able to confirm this, as her ears picked up on a running stream somewhere beside them, probably beyond the shrubs of roses. "Ah—" Keone would perk up, "I do smell dandelions going—" She would point in the direction the pixie had flown, "There." "Well, then let's get a move on~" Islwyn pranced on ahead.

Calliope and the group would begin to make out something further down the path, a yellow something standing short and straight as it spun in the wind. Calliope could also pick up on a cheerful humming.

Slithering near, "It would be strange if she didn't like it, since..." Keone shrugged, "Y'know? It's definitely her style, considering her floaty thing-a-majig" The naga addressed Euthalia, referring to the gift.

With Calliope's words regarding Ophenia's occupation, Keone snickered, "<B- busker?!> Pfft—" She slung herself around to look at Calliope. "Well she definitely seemed the part when we first met! You're right about her being a musician-dancer, although idols are a bit more... What's the word...?" Keone trailed off.

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Euthalia sighed a bit. It wasn't really like Iswlyn needed more encouragement to drink, so all she could hope was that Calliope wouldn't be taking on some bad habits from the satyr. “It should be common. I'm not even sure if she can speak Sylvan. She spoke some weird odd archaic dialect of it that was nearly impossible to understand.” She recalled from their visit to those odd interdimensional garden things. That was a peculiar experience more than anything. Maybe she should go there and try to wrap up all loose ends that they'd left there? Well, that'd be for another time.

“{Hey! Wait up, is this the direction to...}” a Sylph's house. That'd finish the sentence, but she didn't get to wrap it up, as the pixie had already flown off. She sighed. “Well, the dandelions suggest we might be in the right place.”

She wasn't sure whether to sight or chuckle at the comment that Ophenia got the first letter right. “Perhaps she should hire someone for the sake of writing the next ones, just to be safe.”

A stream nearby? Euthalia checked the note again. “The note mentions nothing about a stream. Did we go too far?” She wondered aloud, although Ophenia's directions were horrible to begin with, so perhaps she never even thought about using actually useful landmarks as a guide. It was a likely option.

Luckily enough, Keone picked upon dandelions as well. “Alright, that'd be our best bet for now.” As she agreed, heading in the direction of Keone's scent and hoping that it wasn't just the same ones the pixie had carried off. Actually... she halted in her tracks. “Just in case, keep our eyes open for those pinwheels as well, so we don't follow the pixie I saw flying off with dandelions moments ago on accident.”

As for the gift, Keone was correct. “You're right.” Why'd she even bother to worry about such things to begin with? She wasn't sure. Perhaps she was taking this manager business too seriously.

As for Ophenia being a busker, it got a chuckle out of Euthalia as well. “I'd say buskers fit in with an area to perform, becoming part of the décor. Idols do what they can to make the entire décor suit them instead. They're a lot more bright, energetic, overwhelming and perhaps even forceful in their performance. That's at least what I've gathered from my interactions with her.”

fantasy adventure merchant cat girl adult orange short hair blue eyes s-271633423.pngCalliope

Calliope's ears twitched and she turned her attention to the sound of the pixie, though didn't realize what she was looking for. Had that been a bug? Bugs don't usually talk in a cheerful voice. Were there Fae that small? She had seen Dwarves and Halflings, but that seemed unusual. There she was, only thinking about things from her perspective again. She shook her head and tried to rid herself of all preconceived notions. Some people were plants, some people were tiny. The world was much bigger than her village. Bigger even than Ryke.

As they headed down the side path, cocked her head from side to side trying to make out what she was seeing. "So she's like a... a noble busker... hhhmmm?" Calliope tried to imagine what they were talking about, but her thoughts just kept going to the one man bands in Ryke and the vagabonds she met on the road. Bright? Energetic? Overwhelming?! FORECEFUL?! Who was this person? She'd be lying if she said she wasn't excited, but that came with nervousness too.

Time: 12:03
Location: The See of Fae(Chearon), Far Western Bishiri, Anemone Aboresque Residence

• Character Goals:
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???

Language Keys:
    Please remember to use the following when your character is speaking a language. For your characters to understand what other characters are saying they must possess the [Language] skill according to the following language.
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

Beauty

download (26).jpg

awldLOf.jpg"I wonder how that little girl is doing... After, y'know... She like, kicked us out." Keone commented softly as she slithered beside Euthalia and Calliope.

"Maybe she should hire someone to teach her how to write more... legibly; first, before hiring someone to help her write letters." Keone would state, with a slight chuckle. Sooner or later, the trio would become a quartet again once they caught up with Islwyn again... And another particular stranger, a fae of some sort who seemed to be organising... something something sylvan words... on various magical circles which rippled into space as his sharp red nails tapped the air.

OpheniaHouseCandidate1.png

They had stepped into a clearing, where intricately cut hedges and the flowing stream could be seen, as a tree flowering with anemones had made itself clear, a home woven and grown within the stem of the tree. The wind picked up here, seemingly whirling around them. The anemones' petals were dancing. Notable was the dandelion seeds scattering through the air, and the eight yellow pinwheels violently spinning. The sun shone vividly, no longer blocked by the swaying leaves...

The superstitious likely would've turned around and left by now, a tree of anemones. Flowers associated with Forsakenness and Death – denoted by their aetiology. Euthalia, via her [Nature] E, would be able to recall that these flowers were toxic and may cause irritation from just a simple touch... Besides superstitions, they were also associated with the winds. Wonder what that could mean...

Iophiel.png
M on X.jpg
@Merasgar on Twitter​
"Ahem," The stranger cleared his throat as his eyes laid upon Euthalia and friends. "{Are you, Miss Islwyn, a portion of this entourage?}" The fae's tail feathers were shifting constantly as he pointed at the group, his hair fluttered as if he were beneath water. He was pomp and obnoxious with his choice of words, a native speaker of Sylvan could pick up on it. Keone leaned closer to Euthalia, "...I think one of his feather things just blinked at me." She discreetly whispered., although Calliope would hear aswell.

Magical circles with sylvan letters and runes sparkled in the air as he seemingly 'wrote' on each one with 3 of his hands. The eyes on his blue face were half-lidded, and rarely made eye contact. {"...A nymph of some sort, I would presume? Anthosai... Dryade... perhaps Sylvari? The scaled one with a tail is a Naga, yes? The orange one is a... Cat?"} He clicked his tongue quite audibly, {"Tsk, tsk, two [Beasts], two [Fae]. I pray thee, provide names, last names and in-betweens, this premises is currently undergoing a, as I quote,} 'renovation, redecoration, moderation, maintenation—otherwise known as Operation RRMM.' {Thus, you are not to remain unless one of you is a... Eumalitheia Applecrisps...?"} He spoke quite monotonously as if he said this exact same thing many times already. For a mere moment, the name 'Leon' spun on one of the magical circles several times.

uSlu8FB.jpgIslwyn stepped back with an almost dramatic sigh, "I can't believe it, when I tried to convince him to let me in, he just... didn't even look at me!" She turned to Euthalia, "I am sure this is the right house... Right? there's... Pinwheels, dandelions and even anemones! Where there are windflowers there are wind fae~ It just makes sense." Keone smirked, "I think she got more than one letter correct this time around..." She would state with a snarky eye roll. "Oh!" Islwyn chuckled, "You're 'Eumalitheia Applecrisps'... Pffft~" The satyr covered her smile with a hand. The other fae's eyes looked over in interest as he lifted an eyebrow.

Calliope would pick up on the humming more clearly, it was louder here. A soft, simple melody, a song about... dreams coming true? wishes? A smiling rainbow? What obtuse words.

1.png

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

“A noble busker...” he repeated. Was that what she'd call Ophenia? Probably not... “I'd say more like a busker with the zealotry of a paladin?” That felt like a slightly more adequate description.

“Or she could write even less legible, so that folk won't even notice she got their names wrong. They'll also be able to imagine she wrote whatever they wanted to read and feel like she knows exactly what they needed to know about.” She nodded to herself, figuring that might be a pretty interesting marketing ploy. She really was becoming a bit of a manager, wasn't she?

She had a bit of a mixed feeling when looking at the house. Unlike the mushroom houses she'd once seen, it didn't look like this house was leeching life from the tree it'd been interwoven with. Yet it also looked like it was fighting for area with it. It made her skin itch a little. The idea of having a house build against you was rather awful. “You'll want to be careful with those plants, the flowers are irritant.” She warned Calliope, upon spotting the anemones. She'd rather be safe than sorry.

Tha's when she spotted the odd peacock man. He was a type Fae she didn't often meet. “{Sylvari.}” She confirmed, wondering why he was categorising them by their races all of a sudden. “{Yes.}” She confirmed for Keone.

For as short as she'd known him, she was already tired of him. “{How about you provide yours first?}” She asked. She didn't feel too inclined to play along with his games right now. When he mentioned what sounded like her Ophenianized name, she sighed. “{I have an invitation.}” She said, showing the letter she'd gotten from Ophenia. She didn't want to give such a rude and annoying character a formal introduction, but she did figure it'd be best to identify herself before this would get even more annoying. The letter should be a sufficient way of doing so.

She sighed at her companion's remarks on her name. “You two will have your turns soon enough.” She warned them, wondering what Ophenia would make of their names.

1697765424308.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro

The Neko shook her head at the mention of Ophenia's penmanship. "I couldn't imagine someone not being able to read my notes, mmhhmm. All that work and knowledge lost because I failed to record it properly, mmhhmm. The thought alone is upsetting, mmhhmm." She shivered and clutched her chest pocket where her journal was stored.

Calliope was staring at the flowers, considering their possible usefulness in her craft, when Euthalia pointed out they were poisonous. Her ears lowered and she made a disappointed face, but was grateful for the Sylvari's knowledge, preventing her from learning the hard way.

She tried very hard not to stare at the new Fae, who was unlike any she had ever seen. Sometimes the line between Fae and Beast amazed her. She had thought so upon meeting Lady Shaylan as well. She listened as the Being conversed with Euthalia, unable to understand the exchange, but picking up on Euthalia's displeasure. She put a hand on Euthalia's arm and smiled at her reassuringly, without fully realizing what she was doing. She leaned back to Islwyn, not wanting to interupt Euthalia. "What's happening, hhhmmm? I take it this isn't Ophenia, but this is her house, hhhmmm? It is rather extravagant, mmhhmm. I quite like it, mmhhmm. Very different from anywhere I've ever been before, mmhhmm."

Location: The See of Fae(Chearon), Far Western Bishiri, Anemone Aboresque Ophánia's Residence

• Character Goals:
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

77-Eyed Glamour
awldLOf.jpgKeone tilted her head slightly, before shrugging. "That doesn't seem all too bad of an idea," She would sigh, "Though, I guess I'd get giddy to even receive a reply from the person I admire in the first place!" Keone would state, with a subtle smile. However, that smile quickly shattered off her face as soon as the cold gust ravished her skin. [color=[color=#FF8C00]]"Haugh..."[/color] She grunted, holding her shoulders.

The man turned his head to Euthalia, like a ball being slowly spun, his eyes thinned. "{Me? Give MY illustrious name?}" He scoffed at Euthalia with a smirk that no one would feel bad hurling a fist at. "(I am Iophiel, an...}" He'd hesitate for a moment as he would eye the group briefly, "{An aesthetician! The most grand of all, who else would be called upon to provide aide to one of the many various succours of the see! ...Although I will admit, this is a mockery...}" The man rolled his eyes, as he dramatically grabbed Euthalia's letter.

Iophiel.pngHis rear arm tapped the air, and then pushed itself into a silver ripple, pulling out a similar-looking envelope. The letters both levitated, as his hands were working on something else. His face wasn't directed toward the open pages. "{The awful penmanship is the same, as well as that childish symbol and nonsensical signature. The names do not match...}" He then chuckled, shaking his head. "{But that is expected of sylphid, those fey fae are not known for their great memory, am I right or am I exemplary?}" He then laughed as if he made a hilarious joke, a disgusting cackle fit for an obnoxious person.

2-2.png

He sighed, one of his hands then pointed to the stairs. "{He is in the upper room, he should not be busy as that room is empty and untouched.}" he articulated as he handed the letter back to Euthalia. The feathers of his tail seemed to turn down to look at Euthalia and Calliope's feet. "{And I pray thee do remove your footwear upon entering the home.}" The foul fowl fae requested.

uSlu8FB.jpgIslwyn shook giddily, "Well then! Let's go~" She spoke with a soft clap as she turned to the rest of the group. The man turned around and went to a place further away from the group for the moment. Keone moved closer to Calliope, stretching as she whispered, "In short, that man is a total prick," Keone snickered. as she pulled away. "Yup! Ophenia is so much more adorable than that peafoul~" Islwyn commented with a playful smile. as she pointed with her thumb.

anemone-sylphide-0.pngIslwyn sighed a bit as looked at the house, "Despite those flowers being toxic... They're still quite pretty!" Islwyn giggled, skipping closer to the stairs. Keone stared the home top to bottom, "...Seems Ophenia really enjoys that swirly heart motif." The naga pointed out as she slithered closer, despite the somewhat gaudy design, she was intrigued by the metallic pearlescence of the railings' and doors' filigree.

2-1.png

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Calliope's reply made her smile. “You really are dedicated to you craft. I like that.” She wasn't sure why she said it, having done so almost automatically. Well, it was the truth, so there was no harm in stating it. “Perhaps we could go potion-testing again one day. Although some results were mildly terrifying, most of them were fun and interesting.” She further laughed at Calliope's impression of the house. “The house is pretty much exactly the type of thing I'd expect from Ophenia, so you'll probably find it suits her well enough once you meet her.”

She turned to Keone next. “Perhaps it'll be better inside.” She tried to cheer up her snake companion, as even Euthalia herself wasn't all that fond of these cold gusts of wind.

She wasn't too fond of this annoying peacock either. He was really putting the emphasis on the latter half of his species' name. One of the few things she could agree on were Ophenia's horrible penmanship and equally terrible memory. “{It seems you already know her fairly well.}” She ended up replying, when he emphasized the air-headed memory of their mutual acquaintance. “{As for my actual name, it's Euthalia Apricot. I'm Ophenia's manager. These are Keone Nagendra, Islwyn Meadhra and Calliope Dar'Maoro.}” She introduced herself and the others. Now that he'd given his name, she might as well return the favour.

Truth be told, she wondered if Ophenia had actually hired this person to help her with decorating or if he'd managed to talk her into it. Knowing Ophenia, this might as well be someone trying to scam her. Not that she could blame him if he was, Ophenia made it a little too easy. She nodded when he told them Ophenia was upstairs. “{Right, thanks.}” She replied, wondering why this guy was looking at her feet. Just like her companions, she wasn't really a shoe-type person, as that'd just make it more annoying to take root. She liked to feel the soil beneath her feet. Still, she should probably translate for Calliope. “He asks for you to take your shoes off.”

As for the flowers, she had to agree with Islwyn. They were rather pretty. “They're beautiful. Although considering she wants a lot of people to visit this place, she might want to consider using safer alternatives... or to have an easier to find place to begin with.” As for the heart motif, she shrugged. “Perhaps it's an idol-thing?” She suggested.

Either way, it was time for them to head towards their actual target. “Well then, ladies first.” She gestured for her companions and Calliope to do the honours by being first at getting up and towards the room they were to find Ophenia.

Calliope-See-Bishri-West 1.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro

Euthalia's mention of the potion testing, the event that introduced the two and ultimately resulted in her being here now, brought a wide smile to Calliope's face. "I would love to, mmhhmm. New data is always useful, mmhhmm. And... it was rather enjoyable, mmhhmm..." She became red in the face and had to turn away from Euthalia for a moment. When she turned back, she considered Euthalia's words. "Maybe I should do something different in my residence in Refara's Sound, mmhhmm. I imagined a very standard setup, but perhaps something more personal could be nice, mmhhmm. I never imagined ones home as a way to express yourself, but I suppose it can be, mmhhmm."

Her mind went on a journey as she heard Euthalia speak her full name to the Fae. Calliope was a Common name. Dar'Maoro was Beastial. And the Sylvari was speaking Sylvan. Was the translation correct, or... possible? Technically Dar'Maoro was just her full name, she made it a 'last' name for simplicity sake. Regardless, it seemed Euthalia managed to get the name across.

"Oh, right, mmhhmm.!" Calliope stopped and looked down, letting out a surprised laugh. "I forgot, I took them off when I entered the city, they're with Mirabelle, mmhhmm."

Calliope smiled and followed the others up the stairs to their destination.

Location: The See of Fae(Chearon), Far Western Bishiri, Anemone Aboresque Ophánia's Residence, Ophánia's Angelique Suite

• Character Goals:
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

A dream is a wish...

As the group ascended the stairs of the aboresque residence, they were able to enjoy the beauty of the anemones up close. The wind made their petals flutter, as a small bee of some kind took flight off of one of the bloom's black middle, it seemingly struggled for a moment in the harsh breeze but would manage to buzz off to where it maybe came from.

The flowers grew out of the tree on impossibly long slender stems with thistling leaves, shockingly pink petals surrounding an ebony eye like a star bursting into a pulling void. Pink, despite its frivolous decadence, only had negative connotations. Disgust, loathing, shame and childishness to name a few. As if vines, they hung from the pearlescent railings, trembling in the ungentle breeze.

It was soon that the melody that Calliope heard would become clear to the entire group. It sounded like... Imagine, someone woke up. They're humming to themselves as they look out the window at the slowly rising sun whilst waiting for water to boil in the kettle. Leaning on the table over two slices of avocado toast; peppered and salted. The sun ascends into the blue as its train of orange hue slowly fades into the horizon...

The final cold wind would brush upon their skin as Islwyn opened the door mahogany-shaded door... Then, nothing. Well, they were forced to blink as the brightness of white light and vibrantly vivid colours would particoat their eyes for a moment, opening their eyes to see...

3-2.png
♫ "... no matter how your heart is grieving—" ♪

Phánēs' Room (Everything is OK)

Ophenia stopped singing as she turned around with a surprised expression "Ah...? o- Oh!" Her surprise quickly melted into a smile. Besides Ophenia sitting in the furthest corner from them, the first thing Islwyn noticed was the open letter on the nearby desk with a dethorned blood-red rose on it. Speaking of roses, lying messily across the pearlescent floor and pink rug were various shades of rose and heart-shaped pillows.

"Oh my!" Islwyn gasped, stepping closer to it. "I am so glad to see y—" The sylph squinted, "Wait..." She gently fluttered off her chair and stepped to the floor, moving closer as she stared at Euthalia. "Uhm, g- good morning?" She greeted the group, looking around, seemingly for something. Islwyn had picked up the letter by now, she seemed just as confused as Ophenia, however.

KEONE.jpg"Uh... What're you looking for?" Keone interjected, her arms uncrossed, as she began inspecting the room. It smelled sweet in here, florally so, but not of roses. Ophenia looked at Keone, "Where is Miss Emelia?" Ophenia asked, her smile slightly faded. Keone stared, flabbergasted. The snake was too stunned to speak. Ophenia was living up to the stereotypes of sylphid. Islwyn jumped the sylph, tightly hugging her and easily lifting her. "Ahh! I'm so happy to see you again~♡ You're still so small and light!" Islwyn let go, and Ophenia subtly floated to the floor. "It is my joy to see you—" "Wait, you've gotta tell me—" Islwyn pulled up the letter to Ophenia's face.

Islwyn.jpg"What is THIS?!" She excitedly asked, Ophenia stared for a moment. "It is a letter," The sylph replied with a calm smile, "Yes, but what does it say?" "I... do not know." "Fuwahhh~" Islwyn let out an exaggerated sigh. "Well! It must be a love letter! It was sent with that rose was it not? And this mark in the corner... It's a kiss!... I think." Islwyn stated, skipping over to the table. Ophenia subtly frowned, "Oh, but who gave this to you in any case~?" Islwyn probed. The sylph shook her head; "I know not, it was on the home's first doorstep this morning when Mister Jophiel led me here..." She sighed, "However, that riddle can wait—" Ophenia spun toward Calliope and Euthalia, her expression brightening as her mouth widened into a smile.

Ophenia.png"Who are you two~? Ah, by the winds! I am so glad to meet you~☆" Ophenia spoke with a sparkling smile, "My name is Ophánia Du Coeur Pur~♫" Her head tilted to the side slightly as she clapped her hands. "I am the [Chanteuse] who shall sing as the [Agent] of Love, Peace and Happiness~♪" Ophenia claimed, before quite swiftly grabbing Calliope's hands, shaking them and then Euthalia's. She was utterly and brazenly clueless. Islwyn quickly covered her widening smile and held her stomach, holding in the urge to burst out in awful laughter.
CASUALTRANSPARENT.png
Credits, me myself and I <3 | Font Credits, Remboy​

3-1.png

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

She smiled at Calliope's agreement to test some new potions again. “Oh, I'd gladly help you as well!” She replied, on the topic of home-decorating. Not that Euthalia knew much about it, but she'd definitely try! “I'll teach you Sylvan a well!” She added, realising Calliope was going to need it sooner rather than later.

A bit later, they entered a surprisingly pink and surprising not-empty room. She looked to her companions. “Didn't the peacock say this room was empty?” It was rather odd to find it fully decorated and furnished.

“Good... morning?” She replied, as she wondered if it was still morning. She wasn't sure, as he hadn't been keeping track of time. However, most of her surprise was at Ophenia's surprise. She didn't exactly expect the Sylph to recognise her, but this wasn't the welcome she was expecting either. She also wondered why in the world Islwyn had made a beeline towards a certain letter.

In the end, she figured she'd just watch Islwyn jump the Sylph and listened to what they had to say. However, the letter story remained unanswered as Ophenia introduced herself. It made Euthalia aware of the annoyance this might be. If she introduced herself as Euthalia, it would just register as a 'new' person to Ophenia. How could you connect herself to her old self? Right. Diving straight to business. Act casual? Try act casual.

“It's good to see you again, Ophenia. Although I'm a little shocked, I didn't think I had changed that much since I became your manager~” She decided to try play it off with a tease. “I got your letter.” She said, showing the invitation. “Oh right, we also got you a gift.” She took out the [Colourful Stone] they'd bought her. “It shows light when you tap it like this.” She said, giving it a tap as colourful lights started to appear around it, afterwards handing it over.

Colourful Stone: A magic stone with a dragon engraving which creates a localized light show around the user. Changes colour via tapping stone based on what colour the user desires.

That said, she hoped that the Slyph's air-filled brain would actually make the connection now. “Ah, and this is Calliope Dar'Maoro.” She spoke, then hesitated. Just how would she call her relation to Calliope? Friend felt to underwhelming. Business partner too cold. Lover...? No, probably not. Not yet at least. Maybe? She shook her head. Deciding to go with the third option. “She's an amazing potion crafter and we've travelled a lot together.” That was probably the best introduction.

Calliope-See-Bishri-West 2.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro

Calliope found the flowers beautiful and it took all her self control not to reach and grab a few. If they could irritate with a touch, who knew what else they could do? Researchers probably, she should probably just find a book on them. Anemones Euthalia had called them. She'd have to look later.

As the music grew louder, Calliope smiled at it's pleasantness. It made her think of her mom and siter humming at each other playfully as they baked. Though this one contained a talent that Neko peasantry couldn't.

Calliope blinked as the door opened shielding her eyes for a moment until they adjusted. Inside was a kaleidoscope of color. Calliope had never seen anything like it. It was like the house was furnished with the colors of a garden. She smiled as she stepped in behind Islwyn.

Calliope stood back meekly with Euthalia while Keone and Islwyn were greeted by the Sylph. Calliope had never seen a Sylph before. She was quite fascinated. She snickered at Ophenia referring to Euthalia as Emelia and waved shyly as the girl approached and Euthalia began to speak to her. Calliope's cheeks turned red and she couldn't help but beam with pride at Euthalia's introduction of her. "P-Please, I am merely a dabbler finding my place in the world, mmhhmm. Just Calliope is fine, mmhhmm. It is quite a pleasure to meet you, Ophenia, mmhhmm. I have heard much about you, all good things, mmhhmm."

Time: 12:04
Environment: Airless, heatless – a subtly sweet scent coats the room.
Location: The See of Fae(Chearon), Far Western Bishiri, Anemone Aboresque Ophánia's Residence, Ophánia's Angelique Suite

• Character Goals:
    • Have a conversation over Afternoon Tea!
    • ???
    • ???

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

Ophenia.png"This room is empty~♫" Ophenia informed with a smile, as she would point to her belt. "What you see now is the [Angelique Suite]! It is conjured as a result of twisting the buckle of this [Belt of Things]; which is a reward given to me for my duties..." The sylph softened her voice, her eyes sinking. "in aide of this part of the realm..." words left in a whisper for the mere moment, before she bounced back up with a silent clap. "It has everything I could ever need! A mirror, another mirror, another-nother mirror, two desks, an armoire of garments, drawers to place all my merchandise, fanmail, trinketry and tokens..." Ophenia counted on her hands as she walked around the room, "It is even endowed in the aroma of rain lilies~" She twirled, hands outstretched and sparkling, "Is this not lovely?" Ophenia smiled as she'd end her revolution turned to Euthalia and the group, pulling her hands unto her chest.

"It is quite the colourfully cushy place..." Islwyn mentioned as she took a moment to look around, her eyes darting around at the various furnishings. Ophenia stared blankly for a moment with widened eyes. Silence before she covered her mouth. "Ah?!" She gasped, "My! I do verily apologise Miss Euphemyer!" Her head wilted subtly as her hands rested on her chest. She then peeked up with a smile, "Yet, your visage is truly different from our last meeting! Ah~♪ You are all verdant with bloom and blossom!"

KEONE.jpgOphenia stepped forward, her movements seeming a tad bit too light. She halted as Euthalia presented the stone, "O- Oh?" The sylph stared at the gift Euthalia, Keone and Islwyn got her. "We got it for quite the bargain!" Islwyn stated, with a smile. Keone nudged Islwyn with her elbow, "Don't say that!" She whisper-yelled, clearing her throat and putting on a straight face, "It was really expensive." The naga said plainly, "Come on~♪" Islwyn giggled, "Price matters not, it's the feelings and thoughts put into it that matter most~♡ {Aaand~ We did notch it down quite a bit! hehe~♪}" ...Ophenia's eyes darted around the room as colour danced around them for moments, she was utterly fixated.Islwyn.jpg

Ophenia took the gift with both hands and gazed. Her eyes glittered, almost too much so. "Uh... Is something the matter?" Keone a bit bewildered by the sylph's seeming lack of reaction slinked closer. Then, a droplet trickled down her cheek, "Huh—" Ophenia floated, as though lifted by some force, "Ah~!" She squealed, "This is more than grand! A gift, from friends? These moments are to be cherished forever!" Her hair seemed like she was descending in still water, "Ah, thank you, thank you dearly! This is the winds' wings! I cannot express or explain this feeling; happiness overflows and—" Ophenia let out a shrillish whistling shriek and kicked her legs in the air she floated upon. "Did... could she always float?" Keone said softly looking to Euthalia, "She was quite grounded for a sylph before..." The satyr would comment, but shrugged with a smile, "Either way, she seems up in the clouds about the gift!" She'd add covering her smile.

Ophenia gazed more closely at the stone as she slowly descended, holding it above her eyes. "A little dragon is embossed here! This is more than a stone, but a new friend as well! Ah~♡ Every great friend deserves a splendid name!" She sparked as she approached Euthalia, leaning forward. "How about Antaugê? It means 'reflecting light'; Is it not perfect?" She held the stone closely to her chest, clasped in her hands, aureate eyes bloomed with bursting starlight—her hair was still floating.

This was Ophenia's first time receiving a gift from a few friends, she didn't understand what she did to deserve to receive such a great thing, joy and excitement overwhelmed her to the point where she unawarely let go of the ground as tears of this emotion seeped from her eyes. Her resonator would've likely made everyone go blind; If it were on.

Ophenia's eyes lit up as the sylvari introduced Calliope, she quickly rubbed the falling tears, before turning to Calliope with a cheery, cheek-to-cheek smile. "By the breezes, it is so lovely to meet you Miss Cal-li-o-pe~♫" Ophenia emphasized each syllable in a singingly manner, she spoke it like a tune. "A name like that... Ah~♫ "Beautiful Voice"; yes? Truly a delightful name for a delightful personage!" The sylph gleefully spoke before pulling herself away; like curtains, she pulled her hair over her face, and they fell, suddenly abiding gravity—once Calliope was finished speaking. "Ahhh! G- good things? I feel so embarrassed!" She peeked through the swathes of translucent gradients of pink and blue. "I- I am not usually this ashen... I must apologise that I may not give my best first impression..."

Ophenia then spun, flipping her hair to her back; meeting the neko with a nervous smile. "Yet~ I should not be focused on my faults, you are a guest and a friend, thus, be sure to exuberantly surfeit in my leisure plan of today!" Ophenia's eyes were sparkling. "First up! Have a cup of tea and eat cakes with your dear friends, please do sit where you would like~" The sylph clapped, a gentle ring in the room as she clumsily stepped over to the blue shelf.

It was filled with all kinds of dainty things... messily placed wherever they would fit. A simple steel hairbrush with a few iridescent strands still in it, a porcelain box with gilden pink pins, rings and ribbons unorderly placed inside... However, from what Ophenia said earlier, she was likely looking for a teapot, teacups and saucers... wherever they may be. The group was free to explore the room as they pleased. Despite wrapped candy, a slice of cake, two cupcakes and pillows lying around untouched, the room was decently tidy and quite shiny—or you could... pick a place to sit; the rug seemed quite soft.

4.png

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Calliope being all humble and polite made her desire to pet the girl's head, but she suppressed it. After all, it'd be weird, right? Even after so much, something about Calliope still made her feel confused in moments like these. Perhaps even more now that she'd gotten her Heart's Seed back.

Luckily enough, Euthalia could soon distract herself by the force of nature that was Ophenia. Staring with the odd statement of this being an empty room, even though it clearly wasn't. “What..?” She'd ask, as she tried to make sense of the Sylph's explanation. “So... we're in some sort of alternate dimension? Like with the Glade?”

Honestly, it was impressive to hear how many ways Ophenia managed to find to misremember her name. Surely, if even by sheer luck, she'd have to get it right at least one time? Right? She decided that was a mystery that'd be solved at a later date. For now, she smiled at the compliments of bloom and blossom. “Indeed! I was able to re-obtain my Heart's Seed and with it my magic, in no small part thanks to these three.” She gestured towards Calliope, Islwyn and Keone. “I can finally feel like a true Nymph and Sylvari again.”

She almost facepalmed when Islwyn blurted out they bargained for their gift. Keone beat her to it, however, although she overdid it in the other direction. “We spent a fair bit of effort on coming up with something suitable.” That much was true, at least.

That said, Euthalia didn't expect this particular reaction from Sylph. “I guess she is a Sylph, right?” She'd whisper back to Keone. Islwyn had the same idea. She gave a slight chuckle at the puns, adding one of her own. “She's a real lightweight when it comes to receiving gifts.”

To Euthalia's surprise, Ophenia named the dragon image within the stone. It made her wonder. “Do you think she'll remember a name if she's the one naming it?” It was a rather intriguing question, mostly due to how fascinated Euthalia still was by the amount of names this Sylph was capable of coming up with. “That's a lovely name for it.” She'd reply to Ophenia.

That's when another shock hit her. Did Ophenia just get Calliope's name right? That was a small miracle. Truth be told, Euthalia wasn't even aware that Calliope's name had such a meaning to it. All she'd been focussed on was how to make it sound pronounceable in Sylvan, especially that last name. Either way, she figured she'd brush off Ophenia's worries of being ashen, whatever that was. “You're fine.”

Sadly enough, it was time for the more annoying parts of meetings like these. It once again reminded her how different their species were. How long had it been since she was asked 'want to find a good rooting spot together' or asked 'what minerals have you been adding to your water and soil lately'? Considering neither cakes nor tea were an option and sitting down wasn't all that appealing, she instead let her curiosity get the better of her.

Looking at the many, many weird stuff on that odd desk with mirrors, she couldn't begin to phantom what it all was. “What is up with all these things here. It looks like an alchemy set.” She said, as she was checking out the make-up spot. “Have you seen these type of ingredients?” She'd ask Calliope, figuring the cat could possibly be interested in this type of alchemy as well.

“Ah, right, Keone... Do keep your pockets empty.” She realised, as she spotted a fair few shiny things left and right. She knew this room would be challenging for the snake's desire to pocket shiny things. Yet the point of bringing a gift was rather wasted if you'd loot their room directly afterwards.

Calliope-Merchant-Flowers 1.png
Calliope

Calliope looked around the room astounded. So this was all... magic? She tentatively reached out and prodded a piece of nearby furniture just to be certain it was solid. She was just as impressed when Ophenia left the ground. She had experienced such things with her potion effects, but the thought of doing it at will seemed incredible. She wondered if it was just like moving another limb. after all she had a tail and ears she could manipulate, but humans didn't, that must seem odd to them.

As Ophenia greeted her, and mused on her name, she looked lsightly surprised. "I-Is that what it means, hhhmmm? I was unaware, mmhhmm. When I was young, an entertainer came to our village with a large strange cart that played loud music, mmhhmm. Everyone else in the village found it irritating, but I enjoyed it, mmhhmm. The man said it was called a calliope, mmhhmm. So when I chose a name in common I picked it, mmhhmm. Though, I thought the word was more regularly used, but no one else seems to recognize or say it correctly, mmhhmm."

As Ophenia fretted over her looks, Calliope held her hands up, waving them in nervous dismissal. "No no, you are fine, mmhhmm. You are quite splendid, mmhhmm. If you are embarrassed of this, I can only imagine how splendid you must be regularly, mmhhmm."

Calliope moved to take a seat on one of the cushions, when Euthalia called her over. She approacehed the Sylvan and examined what she was referring to. "Hhhmmm? Oh! Pfffft... S-sorry, mmhhmm. That is make up I believe, though I have never seen quite so much or these particular types, mmhhmm. N-Not that it is unusual or peculiar mind you, just that I am not around this sort of thing often, mmhhmm! Maybe one day it might be fun to wear such things and attend a festival or ball, mmhhmm." She smiled warmly at Euthalia. "You are lucky that you can make your flowers bloom at will, mmhhmm. The rest of us must use things like these to try to look and smell as wonderful as you, mmhhmm."

"Some tea and cakes sound lovely, Ophenia, mmhhmm. Thank you, mmhhmm."
Calliope took a seat on a cushion in the center of the room. It was exquisitely soft and comfortable. She thought about asking where Ophenia got it, but decided it was either magic or expensive, so she withheld the question.

• Character Goals:
    • ???
    • ???

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

Ophenia.pngOphenia shook her as Euthalia compared the room to the glade, "We enter the glade, this room enters our space," Ophenia explained quite simply. The sylph's eyes began to glitz as Euthalia relayed a summary of what occurred since they last met. She covered her smile with a lithe hand, "How grand!" Ophenia clapped cheerily, "Ah~ We should have a celebration!" Islwyn perked up, "Celebration, you say?" "Yes! We are in the exact place for such lovely occasions, it aligns with my [Leisure Plan] for today!" Ophenia spoke, her words brazen in utter excitement as her smile stayed wide on her face.

As Euthalia and Islwyn punned around, Keone rolled her eyes but couldn't help but let a suppressed chuckle escape her before coughing into her fist as she slithered nearer to the table by the settee. Her eyes were fixated on the jars and small metallic boxes on the table. Islwyn thought for a moment at Euthalia's question, "...How do you think she remembers her own name?" The satyr whispered back, her perplexed tone muddling her voice.

Ophenia clapped gently at Calliope's telling of the origins of her name, "That sounds wonderful!" The sylph expressed, "It is similar to my own name! Although, mine is of Terran and Sylvan words rather than Common~" The sylph clasped her hands, and began to muse, "The meaning of one's name can be a gorgeous expression. The names chosen for you by your makers show their thoughts and expectations of you; the name you choose is an emphasis of your own self. That is why~♪ a name in itself is a beautiful thing that should be cherished!..." She quieted down, her eyes shifted to the side as she intertwined her fingers. "Yet, I must say I am impaired to remember them..." The sylph tittered.

Islwyn.jpgDespite the sylph's incessance on the greatness of names, her thoughts on herself were seemingly quite set in stone; she believed herself sickly or dead in appearance compared to red-blooded creatures like humans and most beastkin—sylphid could verily be mistaken for ghosts. Lavender wavered on the sylph's cheeks, "They're right y'know!" Islwyn piped up, hopping up to Ophenia and pinching her cheeks. "You are just adorable!" The satyr fawned letting go of Ophenia's now white cheeks, "Speaking of splendour, you still owe us a performance~♡ What better way to celebrate than to listen to our very own starlet's song~?"

As that happened, Euthalia and Calliope would examine Ophenia's vanity. Messilly placed on the table was what seemed to be rouge in a gilden compact with a lace powder puff, an odd wand of pigment, pink and blue dyes and various sizes of brushes lay disorganized—from what Euthalia and Calliope could tell, all of these cosmetics were made of gems, chalks or ochres. Another unopened, letter was placed behind the mirror standing on the drawers...

KEONE.jpgOnce Calliope sat down, she watched as Keone flinched when Euthalia called her out as if she had eyes on the back of her head. She was picking up a fist-sized jar filled to the brim with variegated sizes of red marbles, they had a subtle iridescence and were displayed shows of colour in yellows, oranges and pinks as they shifted in the light. They were very similar to the red-jewelled jewellery Ophenia often wore, "W- Whaddya mean? Keep my pockets empty? Who, me? Yeaah," Keone nervously chuckled as she placed down the jar, chiming as it touched the table, "Pfft— You make reeaal funny jokes now that you have that heartseed of yours back! Haha... heh..." Keone flung herself onto the settee, a nervous chuckle escaping her.

"Tsk tsk," Islwyn crossed her arms and slumped onto the settee, " and here I was staying sober for all of today, my oh my," She flicked her hair, "Welp~" Islwyn shrugged, "Guess that just means I have to get my daily dose sooner or later, hehe~♡" The satyr giggled as Keone gave her disgruntled sneer. "I didn't actually take anything, just lookin'... Jeez." Islwyn smiled as Keone's tail curled around the table's leg.

After much time searching for the tea set, which was so uncleverly placed at the bottom of the shelf in a corner behind jars of... water? Translucent and ever so slightly iridescent, either way, it didn't matter what was in the jars, Ophenia found the tea set! With pearlesce saucers depicting blooming flowers, the cups resembled buttercups slowly opening to the morning sun. The teapot kept these motifs, only with sunflowers depicted on each side of it. Ophenia clumsily made her way over to the table and placed the cups circling the teapot placing Euthalia's gift, now named Antaugê; next to one of the six teacups. Ophenia took the cupcakes from the end table beside the settee and placed them on the table... Up close they seemed rather... Fake.

Tea cup.jpgLike toys which only resembled perfect desserts, they even had a sort of delectable sheen to them. The strawberries and cherries were too perfect to be organic. What made this "play"-ness of it all more evident was how Ophenia poured nothing but air from the teapot—she sat down at the end of the table, holding one of the cups with both her hands as she smiled. "The scene is set," Ophenia spoke, awkwardly holding the cup. Anyone could surmise that she had never held a teacup before, " Now let us discuss~ Do tell how everything happened, it would be my joy to listen~!" The sylph tilted her head and smiled, holding the cup like a precious egg.

5.png

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

She was a bit surprised when she got laughed at, looking at Calliope in confusion. “Make-up... all this is just for personal decoration?” That was tough to believe. How could they put so much on their face? She looked at Islwyn. If anyone might understand, perhaps she did, although Satyrs were rumoured to have natural beauty, perhaps due to the ability to control their immediate environment... Either way, this was a new discovery to her. Her thoughts were immediately cut short by the suddenly compliments coming from the cat. Calliope thought she looked and smelled wonderful? Why did that made her feel so surprisingly warm inside? One might swear some [Flora Affinity E] made her smell all the more flowery after receiving the compliments as she took on a slightly darker shade of green. “I'd say you're just as lucky, as you don't even need either such things.” She'd state, reflecting the compliment right back.

Right, the room was in their space, not vice versa. That made perfect sense. Euthalia gave up and kept it at that. “A celebration?” She asked about the same time as Islwyn, did, although in her case it was more in confusion than in anticipation of heavy drinking. Upon hearing the satyr whisper, she whispered back. “I have a theory, let me test it...” She then spoke aloud again. “Ophenia, what name did you give the little dragon again?” She really wondered if they'd get the same name as before, or any name at all.

She sighed as she heard Keone's reply, literalising she'd been just in time. Looting Ophenia's magical room wouldn't be ideal, but there was a lot in here that she knew was going to keep luring the snake into bad behaviour. To make matters worse, Islwyn took it as a reason to start drinking. She really hoped it was just a threat, but knowing Islwyn... she couldn't be sure. At least there was still Calliope to help look-out on those two behaving themselves. Hopefully.

Although Euthalia didn't really eat or drink, the scene set up for them was still odd. “Ehmmm...” She started, but she wasn't sure how to proceed. “Do you want us to pretend we're having tea..?” She eventually asked, a bit carefully. “I don't really eat and I don't drink much either, but I don't think that's how you hold a cup... I think?” The whole set-up confused her. “As for what happened.. it's a lot, but all that really matters is that I've got my Heart's Seed back.” She honestly wasn't too eager to retell the whole story, as she wasn't sure how much of it Ophenia would even remember by the next time they'd meet. “Why don't you tell her?” She figured she'd let Calliope figure out what to say, or otherwise Islwyn or Keone.

Calliope-The See-Lord Bara 1.png
Calliope
Menitons: Elvario Elvario Faynorae Faynorae

Calliope nodded and smiled at Euthalia. "That is correct, mmhhmm. It can be a way to express ones self, though their re those who rely on it too much, mmhhmm. But in Ophenia's line of work, it is very important, mmhhmm. Drawing eyes is essential for an entertainer, mmhhmm. I admit, even I have used it in the fancier parts of Ryke, mmhhmm. J-Just for selling potions, mind you, but any edge over the competition is useful, mmhhmm." She gently picked up one of the gems and turned it over in her hand. It was rather interesting. She was setting it down when Euthalia's words hit her and nearly dropped it, catching it quickly, even though it was only inches off the stand. She hadn't even realized what she herself had said, and the conversation was suddenly catching up to her. She turned red and begin to shy away, but stopped herself. She couldn't keep running, that wasn't who she was. She downed potentially hazardous concoctions on the regular, albeit with a safety net. She could say things and accept these things back. She turned and smiled once more at Euthalia, forcing herself, but resolved. "Thank you, Euthalia, mmhhmm. It makes me very glad you think so, mmhhmm."
Despite her steel will only moments before, as Calliope sat at the table she was once again a bundle of nerves. She stared at the cupcake and the empty ta cup. Was... was this a tea party? Like the ones she had with her sister? Well sort of, they never had cupcakes and their cups were much less fancy. Or was this an actual Fae celebration? Maybe the cupcake just looked fake... Maybe the tea was invisible... This is why she didn't like magic, she needed science and facts... The last thing she wanted was to embarrass Euthalia... But the Sylvari seemed to be confused as well... Was that a good sign...? Calliope had mimicked Ophenia in holding the cup, believing it to be some Fae custom she was unsure of, but changed her hold as Euthalia asked about it... Alright, think about this scientifically. Regardless of whether or not the tea is real, pouring a cup and drinking from it would produce the correct results. So do that. she took the tea pot and poured it over her cup with a nervous smile on her face, hoping she didn't seem out of place. She took a cupcake and placed it on her plate. Maybe she could discretely pick at it while they talked. That might help decipher this mystery. Just as she began to and lifted the cup to her lips, Euthalia saved her.

"Wh-what, hhhmmm? You want me to tell it, hhhmmm? Uh, well alright, though much of what happened is beyond me, I either wasn't there or couldn't understand, I just have second hand accounts from Euthalia, Keone, and Islwyn, mmhhmm." she explained to Ophenia. "So, it all seemed to have started while Euthalia and I were on our trip to Refara's Sound, mmhhmm. I got drafted by the Mayor and her... assistant?... to help the Mayor's sick pet, mmhhmm. They mainly spoke to Euthalia, I guess they were the kind of Fae who aren't fond of Beastfolk like myself, though, something tells me they were some of the nicer Fae like that, mmhhmm. The assistant seemed to recall Euthalia and... well, were not really sure what she did, but somehow she got the order put in to return Euthalia's Hearts Seed, mmhhmm. So we travelled her to Bishri to get that done, mmhhmm. It was a lot of talking with different Fae officials, mmhhmm. We were pretty exhausted by the time Euthalia was sent to the Matron's Circle for the ritual, mmhhmm. Me and Keone were told to leave, and apparently something went wrong with the Hearts Seed, mmhhmm. There was some kind of mix-up or sabotage, but it was straightened out, and Euthalia got through the ritual, mmhhmm. and then several days of rest had her good as new, mmhhmm. We had just left Bishri, headed back south, when you're letter reached us, mmhhmm. So we turned around and now we're here, mmhhmm. I-I think that is everything, mmhhmm." She looked to Euthalia to see if there was anything she wanted to add.

• Character Goals:
    • Celebrate Euthalia's heartseed.
    • ???

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

Islwyn.jpgAs Euthalia looked at Islwyn, the satyr stared back with a smile, "Performers need to stand out~ Ah! But we have an expert to explain that," She gestured to Ophenia, "Either way—" Islwyn lifted her hand and ran it through her hair, flipping it; viney stems and yellow lilies fluttering ever so briefly, "I find the natural face of one most attractive~♡ Those cute flushes of one's face and marks of birth are all hidden beneath layers of pearl powder or chalk..." She smiled, her hand resting on her cheek, "And honestly! It isn't very pleasant to the touch~♡" She winked after a snicker, Keone stared with a snarl, "Eugh, way to ruin something wholesome." Islwyn laughed, cheer great as the smile wrinkled on her cheeks. "Hehe~♪ What do you mean~? Ah—but you truly cannot deny it is a wonderful medium of art and expression; where one's self is a canvas!" Keone rolled her eyes with a sigh, "... Never mind."

As Calliope stared at the jewel, Keone chippered up, "I think its a South Opal," The naga would say, leaning forward, "Judgin' by how it's red and all—" She turned to Ophenia, "Hey, why do you have so many of these? ...And can I borrow some?" The sylph smiled simply, with a slight tilt of the head, "Do you not?" Keone stared for a moment, "I was born when the winds danced south—so the opals I am adorned in are crimson..."

KEONE.jpgEuthalia would ascertain this referred to the cardinal directions and their associated colours. Opals pertained to air, perhaps Ophenia wore them in order to better her attunement to the wind? Nevertheless—"So..." Keone's eyes darted between Ophenia and the jar, "Can I have some?" She'd ask, "Keon—" "Most certainly~!" The sylph smiled cheerily—setting her teacup back on the saucer; not even pretending to take a sip. At first, Keone excitedly stretched out her arm to the jar; until she stopped and shot a glance to Euthalia, her expression unsure. However, she soon decided that Ophenia permitted it; thus Euthalia couldn't scold her before slipping out a pear-shaped opal. Just one, to test to the nettle.

"Yes!" Ophenia sparked, standing up with a theatrical twirl, "We could dance; we could sing! Downstairs I have been preparing a salon for activities which mimic that of a concert~ I asked Mister Jofiel to install a [Phonomancer] in the room beneath!" "... [Phonomancer]?" Keone inquired, tilting her head slightly "Yes! Magical devices which capture the sonance of performances imbued on inserted rune slates," Ophenia explained.

The sylph stared at Euthalia with her question. "Little An-tau-gê~♫" Ophenia once again whistled the name, sounding each syllable, it was strange. She did this both with Calliope's and the gem's name. "Why do you ask? I do not... hear your distaste for that name—I think," said she.

Keone stared at the empty cup with a furrowed brow, her eyes shifted to Ophenia and then back to the cup. Islwyn stared in confusion but quickly went along with it, picking up the cup and pretending to sip from it; as one would guess, there was indeed nought but more nothingness. As Calliope picked up a cupcake, she'd notice its composition and weight; a statuette of cold stone. When Euthalia voiced her puzzlement, Ophenia would gaze with a mirrored expression. "H- huh?" Islwyn perked up, noticing the mutual confusion, "W- wait a moment, we weren't acting?" She'd say with a chuckle, placing down the cup. Ophenia looked at Calliope for a few moments.

"Ah!" The sylph clapped, her hands colliding too gently to make any sound, "I... did this incorrectly, yes?" Her hands folded unto her chest, she tilted her head with a knitted smile "I need not drink or eat as of current, thus everything here—" She waved her hand over the table, "is but impractical replications," Ophenia brushed a lock of hair behind her ear. "M- mayhaps we should move on to the next act on the leisure plan..." She'd say, sitting down with a sigh to listen as Calliope speaks.

"You ought to send your letters earlier, it came unapt," Keone would add, "Come now, it wasn't that much of a hassle to turn around~♫" The satyr smiled, "And~ It's always worth it to visit a friend♡" Ophenia clapped, "What a true adventure!" She laughed—leaning on the table, "Rafairy's Sound, what is that? Oh, and what is the Matron's Circle?" The sylph asked Calliope, a slight tilt of her head with a sparkling in her eyes. "It's Rafara's Sound..." "It's a town on the coast, dear~ Oh—it's also quite the destination for performers!" Islwyn added.

Ophenia.png"This is indeed a festal moment~♪ Perhaps we should move—" "Oh, by the by; how did your performance in Aslan fair, Pheenie~?" Islwyn would ask with a smile, still pretending to drink out of the teacup. "O- oh?" Ophenia thought for a moment. "Well, I had forgotten to put up my posters, hence, the crowd was not as big as I had hoped... Most fortunately, I met some truly kindhearted persons who helped distribute them—I think. They both wore black, now that I think about it; is black popular this season? Storm or breeze, I say it went verily well!" Ophenia stood up with a clap, "I drifted then to a small hamlet in Kuridan—before stopping by a festival in Ryke. There were so many bears too! Ah, I also met this pretty priest guy and—" She gestured to Islwyn, "And a fae like you! Withal... it was not as cheery as I would have liked..." She sighed,

"Yet, we are all here now; we best seize the eve' before the star of love averts her gaze!" Ophenia quickly skipped over to her room's door, "Let us proceed onto the next scene, downstairs," The sylph smiled, "I would also like for the aide of all of you and, most importantly; to celebrate Miss Euthymia's return of heart!" She would proclaim, gesturing to Euthalia.

6.png

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Hearing Calliope explain the make-up, she was a tad surprised. “I'd never have guessed that it could matter that much.” She admitted, wondering how different Calliope would look with and without it. The again, Ryke was a human majority place, so it might very well be that their tastes were as ugly as they were and that Calliope would only end up looking uglier to suit their disgusting tastes. In the end, she figured she'd shrug it off. Besides, she stood by what she said, she doubted Calliope would ever even need it. For some reason, Calliope's reply made her want to reach out and gently hold the girl's cheek for a bit, but she abstained from doing so. This wasn't the time or place.

With Calliop'se retelling of events, Euthalia was glad she'd left it to the cat. It was exactly the level of detail needed to atisfy Ophenia without making things needlessly complex. She'd give the at an approving nod.

Perhaps she was taking Iswlyn more serious than she should, as for a moment she wondered what it'd be like to run one's hand through a layer of make-up. That would indeed be unpleasant, if not outright gross. “I can imagine.” She'd agree, only realising how much she'd been thinking about what it'd be like if it was applying to Calliope. For some reason her thoughts kept straying.

She couldn't get distracted for too long, however, as Keone was starting up a ploy to rob Ophenia blind. Unless Euthalia were to stop her now. She knew the snake well enough to know she was testing the waters here. “Only some. She stressed. She'd let Keone have this 'victory' to a degree. “Don't go overboard.” She added, not wanting for the entire room to be looted empty at the end of this.

“Sonance of performances... do you mean singing?” She tried to figure out what was up with that, as it sounded like magic that she was rather unfamiliar with. Then again, Euthalia wasn't really one to have any talents at such things. The only one that'd likely be down for it all would be Islwyn, their resident dance and prance gal.

As for the rock's name, it was another mystery to add to the list. How in the world did Ophenia remember that one? “No reason, I just wanted to make sure I remembered it correctly.” She'd reply, as she thought it through. That's when she came up with a theory she figured she'd test. “Why don't we play a game. How about you pronounce my name, Euthalia, as well as Islwyn and Keone, in the same way you'd pronounce Antaugê.” She wondered if that'd somehow get Ophenia to actually remember their names, albeit pronounced in an odd manner. It'd still be an improvement.

Euthalia was still confused about the whole tea party thing. “I can't say I know much about tea parties either, but... I don't think this is how they're done. Right?” She'd ask Calliope. The cat would probably know. Although she had a feeling Ophenia herself was on the right track about it being 'impractical replications' and nothing more.

On another note, she was surprised by Keone. The snake using a word like 'unapt' was uncommon. Perhaps she was trying to sound more fancy to fit in with the odd mixture of fancy, cosy and girly that was all over this place. Either way, she figured she'd leave it to the others to answer Ophenia's questions. Luckily, Keone and Iswlyn already took care of some of those.

It was surprising to hear how much Ophenia had been up too. “Bears? What are bears doing on a Ryke festival?” That was odd. “Or why would a Fae go to a festival in human territory?” She wondered if Ophenia was spouting delusional nonsense at this point or not.

She caught herself quickly glossing over at Calliope when Ophenia suddenly mentioned a 'star of love', yet quickly turned her gaze away. She shouldn't let the Sylph's mindless chatter get to her by assuming there was any more to it than hollow poetry. She sighed when Ophenia got both her name and the event wrong, but she'd long given up on correcting her. “Alright.” She'd just state, ready to head down.

Calliope-Casual Dress 5.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro

Calliope froze as Ophenia asked her about the Matron's Circle. She had assumed the Sylph would know more than she did on anything involving Fae or the See. "I-I actually am not sure... mmhhmm... Just going by the context of what happened, it is some sort of magical, religious... <shamanic order>... or healer sect, hhhmmm? Or consultant on things natural in spirit... hhhmmm? I-I'll be quite honest, most of what's been going on is above me, I am just happy to bare witness to such incredible and new experiences, mmhhmm. Though, I am trying to learn, mmhhmm." Without realizing what she was doing she tried to sip her empty tea cup out of habit, and decided to commit to it after remembering it was a farce. Islwyn seemed to still be humoring the sylph after all.

As she listened to Ophenia's story of her travels, it reminded Calliope much of her own experiences, showing up in a town with no knowledge of what may be happening. Sometimes she walked into a three day festival, sometimes a farmers market. Once she had gone to a town as they were burning their fields due to parasites, that had been unpleasant. And the time she wandered into a town that was committing a rebbellion and being sieged by a royal platoon. That had been an ordeal. Bears and priests though, that was new...

Calliope's eyes moved to Euthalia as she said the word 'Human'. She knew the Sylvari had a dislike of them, she herself not always being pleased in their company, but she wondered how deep this dislike went. The girl did not hate Humans simply for being Humans, she just encountered unpleasant ones more often than not, and that made her dread each time. But she had been happily surprised on occasion too. She wondered if Euthalia would ever be happy to interact with a Human. Her village had a small human population, being so close to and culturally molded by Ryke. Euthalia had done well enough in Faeremeadow though, so perhaps it would be alright.

Her attention returned as Ophenia guided them toward the door. "Oh, that sounds rather lovely, we haven't had a proper celebration yet, mmhhmm!" She stood and hooked her own arm through Euthlia's, rubbing it lightly with her free hand, trying to perk the Sylvari up. "Doesn't that sound nice, hhhmmm? I'm sure it will be lovely, mmhhmm." She looked up at Euthalia and smiled warmly, happy to share this moment with one of Euthalia's... friends?

Last edited:
Time: 12:16
Location: The See of Fae(Chearon), Far Western Bishiri, Ophánia's Residence, Salon d'Ofandom(1st floor)

• Character Goals:
    • Celebrate Euthalia's heartseed.
    • ???

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

"Hmph, of course—" The naga scoffed softly, "I'll only... borrow a few little things..." Keone said, with a glance to Ophenia, who was so clearly clueless as to what might be plundered from her home. Although, it was easy to say that the sylph may not remember what was missing in the first place. Islwyn shot the look to Keone for extra measures.

Ophenia.pngOphenia clapped in excitement as she listened, "That sounds grand!" she would state, "Perchance I could invite them to future concerts—Ah, I must not speak of work now... Oh well~" She laughed it off. "It would be my joy to go there one day!" The sylph exclaimed... Ophenia stared with a blank smile toward Euthalia's confusion. "Sounds true! ...I think." Ophenia said with a plain smile. However, the sylph's eyes seemed to gleam as Euthalia proposed she repronounce Euthalia, Keone and Islwyn's names. "Ah! Uh, you said... Yes, yes! that is it~♪" She put a hand to her mouth and cleared her throat. "Ah ah~♫" She checked... her vocals? "Right, listen please!" With a twirl, Ophenia...

"Lala la... Lalala la la lah

Islwyn, Keone and Euthalia
Came by to visit me
Down by in Bishiri
With good company
Of a beloved Calliope

And you endowed unto me,
The dear serpent in stone
who eternally shall be
kept fondly o'er my heart;

The little serpent named
Antaugê de Kardiá~
"
♪​

[Performance D] ...sang a ditty. A simple somewhat operatic tune, where each syllable of each person mentioned's name was pronounced with full emphasis. Although Ophenia subtly cracked with her high notes, it was masked to the ordinary listener... Although Islwyn did notice, after all, she had heard many singers sing high notes with noticeable clarity. Keone was confused as she had been busy marvelling her new goods, "W- why is she singing all of a sudden?" She leaned over the table and whispered, cupping a hand over her mouth.

"Tadah~ Remember that priest I mentioned? You see, he helped me figure out a method to remember names. Seems the remedy is simply to emphasize a name's phonetics with a melody!" Keone stares, squinting with a jarred expression, "Is that..." She waved her hands before shrugging, "How?!" "I don't get it either, but hey! It's fun, hehe~♡" Islwyn giggled, getting up with applause.

"Since the village was governed by bears, of course!" Ophenia clapped, speaking as though it was clear as day. "It was the second day, and they were holding this grand competition of strength in this gorgeous amphitheatre! It was a marvellous~♪ Yet, only bears benefited from partaking and magic was forbidden, thus I was unable to perform and..." She trailed off, looking down as she fiddled with a lock of hair near her face. She tapped the floor with the tip of her flats just about eight times, before flipping the lock out of her face and lifting her head with a cheery smile. "It was not a very pleasant stay as I look back upon it~☆" She laughed, turning to the door, pushing it open with her palm, despite the doorknob.

KEONE.jpg... As everyone made their way outside, a loud clicking noise rang from Ophenia as she twisted her heart-shaped buckle on her belt. Anyone looking back into the room would be met with a dark empty space of yellow checker-tiled floor and pink striped wallpapers. Keone scurries to put a few glinting items into her backpack, Islwyn gives her a disapproving stare. "Keone..." She drags out as the naga rolls her eyes, "Come on, at least I didn't take like... the entire room!" "What did you take?" "Mhmm. Y'know, small things, mainly just that one [South Opal]." Islwyn sighed, almost exasperated as Keone began to slither down the stairs.

Islwyn.jpgOphenia, however, had other methods of descent. Getting close to the railing, she lifted herself over and simply... jumped. Gliding down like a little dandelion seed twirling in the wind. "Woohoo!" Islwyn leaned over the railing, "Now doesn't that look exciting!" She'd say with a wide grin, almost seeming like for a moment she would do the same... However, she sighed in disappointment realising there wasn't much to catch her fall and receded to taking the stairs like the usual flightless fae. "Oh to be able to fly, float and flutter on the winding winds~" She mused to herself. Iopiel's feathers shifted toward the group as they made their descent, but he seemed rather uninterested, seeming more fixated on documenting... A chair?

Ophenia stopped, in front of the first floor's doorstep—there lay a posy tied together by bright red threads, in the posy was a single, pale pink; almost white, wind flower surrounded by mallows, violets and marigolds. Keone sniffed the air and was surprised at how much the bouquet reeked of this iron-esque smell. "Ugh—" She turned to Euthalia, "Do these flowers usually smell like this? I'm pretty sure flowers are supposed to smell as pretty as they look..." Keone scoffed, pinching her nose and waving away the air. To anyone else, however, that scent was subtly masked by the flowers.

The sylph stared, crouching to gently pick up the posy. "W- why..." She gulped, turning to look at Iophiel, "Mister Yofiel, did you perchance notice a passerby here?" Ophenia asked, her brows were furrowed. The aesthetician didn't answer for a moment, before clearing his throat. ~"Nay; none passed hither, Sir Phaeinós"~ He seemed adamant in not speaking [Common], favouring to instead speak in the archaic whistling of [Wyndish], although it wasn't as clear as that of the gardeniades. Ophenia covered her mouth to hide her nervous laugh, "Please, do not call me that! You make me sound all—" Ophenia snapped back, "Ah! Uhm, Mister Yophiel said that no one else had passed here... Yet, only you all are meant to know of this place's location. I understand not how a fan could put them here..." She gestured to the flowers.

"Perhaps it's the same person who sent you that rose and unintelligible letter!" Islwyn interjected, "Perhaps, but, why would they... Ah~♫ Let us not worry about this for now!" Ophenia put on a smile, "We should be celebrating!" "I dunno 'bout that, this is kind of..." "She is right, we came here to relax and make merry~☆ It's just fanmail after all." Islwyn brushed it off, choosing to open up the door before them into the next room—

Salon d'Ofandom

Similarly to the second floor's empty room, this one was lined with a pink striped wallpaper and a yellow checkered floor. The signature heart motif was excessive on everything in the room, a pink carpet led one's gaze up to the small stage. A device was placed in a manner obscuring words on the stage's whiteboard feature. Amberesce jewels dazzled on the frame of the board. On either side of the stage, were pearlesce shelves with... Merchandise? Posters, postcards, photocards and hand fans (with Ophenia's name and face on it.) Other than that, there were empty tables, which seemed to lack something... A tune already filled the room, and Ophenia excitedly stepped inside seeming to head straight to the stage, Islwyn followed excited over the song-replaying device.

7.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back