• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Heavily self-edited AI generated stuff.
Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae | Calliope StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Euthalia wasn't sure how to take the sudden enthusiasm for throwing her a party to celebrate the return of her Heart's Seed. Then again, with these people, it at least wouldn't be a social gathering where she'd have to walk on eggshells and ignore gossiping behind her back for hours. She was pulled out of her thoughts, rather literally so, when Calliope suddenly hooked her arm through hers. “<I eh, yes, I, that's nice.>” She replied, instinctively switching to Beastial for some reason, as she got caught off guard by the sudden forwardness. She didn't mind it though.

When she spotted Islwyn giving Keone the look, she realised she herself wouldn't have to worry about the snake too much. Islwyn was already on the case, more terrifyingly so than ever before. This might even endanger the coiling agreement those two had, should the snake try to push her luck too far.

The next part was a lot tougher to wrap her head around. Not only did Ophenia suddenly remember all their names, she even made up an entire song for it on the spot. She couldn't help herself from applauding, realising she did so before even being aware of it. Partially due to it being genuinely good to her ears, partially just to being utterly stunned by how this girl's brain seemed to function. “From now on, when you want to say someone's name, how about you imagine singing it?” She wondered if that would work and if it'd allow the Sylph to actually remember names... Excepted it sounded like she'd been told to do so already. Yet didn't. Which suggested she forgot to do that as well.

Euthalia sighed. The error of teaching Ophenia a trick to remembering names was clear now. She'd have to remember the trick itself, which Euthalia now doubted would be possible. Then again, she could possibly test it? “What's that priest's name again?” She'd ask. Not that she herself recalled, but she'd just have to ask a second time later to see if Ophenia was using her tricks.

“A village governed by bears, in Ryke?” It was a tad odd, but not impossible. Ryke was a bit of a cultural and racial hotpot. “That's a shame to hear.” She replied. She already had little reason to go to Ryke, now even less so.

When Islwyn suggested jumping down, Euthalia looked down. “With your jumping, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to land it.” They weren't much further than two stories up and with her Jumping E, Islwyn could easily hop up 10 metres and still land safely. By Euthalia's estimations, at least. Perhaps the satyr was a tad careful not to make a fool of herself and overestimate her ability to land it.

She was a bit confused by Keone's question. “I'm afraid I can't smell the same as you do.” She wondered what as wrong with these flowers. Even more so when Ophenia debated them with Yofiel... Yophiel? Oh no... She'd also forgotten his name. Now she was on Ophenia's level... “Just fanmail... Let's hope it's not a stalker.” She recalled from her life at the high court how creepy such folk could be.

The pinkness of the room they entered next almost hurt her eye-sight. “This is... really something.” She replied, silently looking over to Calliope and what she might say of this.

DALL·E 2023-11-12 13.15.40 - Anime-style character art of a young woman with short orange hair...png
Calliope
Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae Elvario Elvario
Languages: Common | <Beastial>

Calliope smiled as they stepped outside, still clutching Euthalia's arm. She watched in amazement as Ophenia dropped off the stairs, imagining what that would be like. She should probably brew some kind of potion to try that someday. She was about to warn Islwyn not to try it, when Euthalia claimed she probably could and be fine. Could she realy? Euthalia knew the satyr better than the Felisian did so she must have been fine. But Calliope was still relieved when Islwyn did not.

Calliope looked at the bouquet everyone was gathered around. It was quite pretty, but Ophenia seemed to believe there was some hidden meaning in it? Calliope sniffed the air at Keone's mention of them smelling bad, but didn't get anything. "I do not smell anything either, Keone, mmhhmm. Maybe a hint of something, but it is faint, mmhhmm. My nose is not nearly as sharp as my ears, mmhhmm." At Euthalia's reply she cocked her head curiously, looking up at the Sylvan. "What is that word, hhhmmm? Stalker, hhhmmm? I'm afraid I do not know that word, mmhhmm."

Calliope's grip on Euthalia's arm tightened as her eyes went wide glancing around the room, her expression one of amazement. "This is incredible, mmhhmm. Are places like this common here in the See, hhhmmm?" It looked like a fancy tavern, the fanciest Calliope had ever seen, with the large beautiful stage and the nice tables and chairs. The rest of the stuff of widely unfamiliar to her.

Time: 12:18
Environment: Subtle breeze, warmish – a subtly sweet scent coats the room.
Location: The See of Fae(Chearon), Far Western Bishiri, Ophánia's Residence, Salon d'Ofandom(1st floor)

• Character Goals:
    • Have a conversation over Afternoon Tea!
    • Celebrate Euthalia's heartseed.
    • ???
    • Gift the [Colourful Stone] to Ophánia
    • Attempt to figure out a method for Ophánia to remember names.

Language Keys:
    Please remember to use the following when your character is speaking a language. For your characters to understand what other characters are saying they must possess the [Language] skill according to the following language.
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

Salon d'Ofandom

Ophenia.png"Imagine singing it? Why imagine when I can truly do so~♫" The sylph stated, twirling 'round to look at Euthalia, smiling and stepping back like a child walking backwards on the sidewalk. Ophenia thought for a moment, "...Ha-tha-way~? It was perchance that." The sylph would say, although Euthalia had no real method of confirming this statement.

Islwyn sighed, her hand brushing through her hair, "Of course I could~" Islwyn replied, "But you didn't?" "I just wouldn't, there's nowhere to make a pleasing landing~" She'd state, it was either the grass, the planter box of flowers or the wooden patio. Unlike a sylph, Islwyn wasn't made up of condensed air and mana, thus would cause a dent where she landed, and she honestly didn't want to be responsible for any glares shot by that 'aesthetician' or cause any trouble for Ophenia.

Islwyn.jpgOphenia was with Calliope concerning Euthalia's worries about a stalker. "Yes... What is a stalker?" The chanteuse asked, despite being a performer who frequented all places the wind passed through; the sylph had never found herself victim to being approached by any creeps or sickoes, only actual [Monsters] and war-anxious soldiers of the eastern empire, even so, she was too oblivious to realise she was in any form of danger. Islwyn scoffed, crossing her arms "Tsk tsk," she shook her head. "Beautiful maidens—" "Maidens; says Islwyn Meadhra," "Ahem—beautiful girls like us should truly be most aware of such things! My my, you two make me worry..." She tapped her hoof on the floor, "They're creeps who harass people like us because of obsession,"

"I thought stalkers were like... y'know, things that hunt stealthily...?" Keone interjects. Neither of them were wrong. "Well, all in all, they're bad folks who do bad things! On the other hand, if it is a stalker..." "If it is a stalker, I do not believe they mean harm. Perhaps it was most important that I received their gifts as soon as I could. I appreciate their dedication to showing me their utmost support!" Ophenia smiled, brushing off Euthalia and Islwyn's concerns. The satyr sighed and smiled, although, Euthalia could see Islwyn was still a hint bit concerned.

KEONE.jpgAs Islwyn and Ophenia make it onto the stage, the sylph checks the drawer beneath the phonomancer. Islwyn peers in, "What are all these... stone plates for?" "Rune slates! They make the [Phonomancer] do their magic~ Ah!" Ophenia squealed, "It slipped me that I recorded this one!" She held up a stone plate... It looked exactly like all the other slates. "Mhmm, which one should we play...?" "What're you two doing?" Keone slinked up behind them. "Changing the music, why are you up here? Here to see if you can make a show out of plundering one of those jewels in the stage's frame~?" Islwyn teased as the naga crossed her arms, "Well... I'm not going to deny that but also—" She pointed her thumb behind her, discreetly pointing at Euthalliope. Islwyn glanced, before a spark shined in her eyes.

"Wait wait!" She leaned close to the sylph's ear, which was too busy deliberating whether to choose between her "Destin Étoilé" or "YOU" instrumentals. Islwyn whispered about... something, something which Calliope could hear with her [Heighthened Senses], "Do have anything romantic~? You know, like a love song!" "What—" "Ah! Yes, I have just the song~ I think... (What does romantic mean...) Well, it is not—" "It should be fine, now ho on, hehe~ Keone let's go!" She pulled Keone off the stage with one hand, whilst her free hand pulled out... a bottle. From her bag. Keone could smell it, alchohol. What did she expect?

Ophenia clapped, and the lights dimmed as a fluorescent spot shone upon her. "Tadah! In eminent honour of dearest Miss Eu-tha-lia~♫ I would like to share a demonstration, do sing along if it would please you! This song is of someone I knew, I would love to meet her again perhaps someday~" The sylph introduced—although without her usual flair and exuberant glamour. Although, she cupped the [Colourful Stone] that Euthalia had gifted her, in her hand, as it began to sparkle around in a dancing array of colours... Shifting between Green and Blue, Yellow and Orange and then White with taps matching the rhythm of the melody.

Violets Nephele (Acoustic, "Cherries Jubiles")

Ophenia sighs, as the [Phonomancer] begins to glow with energy, the rune slate glittering a pale blue. "One, two, three—" Her heel tapped the floor,

"I would have perhaps laughed it off,
But seeing your... Serious face
I apologise, for thinking that it was cute

...Mhmm,

As you mumble, telling me to express how I truly feel... Yet instead,
I look up and say—Is the sky not beautiful today?

I really really like you... I really really do
I really really like you... Quite a lot
I fear that... It would be selfish
To let you get any closer to my heart.

Do not worry, I need a little more time
I become tinged by you slowly
Like a cloud spreading out; in violet..."
♫​

[Performance C], as the chanteuse sang it almost seemed as though the shadows around them grew darker and contrasted more with the colourful dance of light and the static fluorescence of the magical spotlights shone upon Ophenia on the stage. There weren't any windows in the room, and yet a subtle flutter accompanied the air, a gentle, almost nought, breeze. There was a weight to the sylph's sung words, her brows knit with worry as if unsure. She tapped her heel on the stage's wood, as the music continued to play.

8.png

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

She went silent for a bit, trying to think about how to explain what a stalker was. “It's <stalker> in beastial, I think.” She didn't have to explain more, as Islwyn was able to take it from there. Sort-off. Even Islwyn and Keone's powers combined didn't stand a chance against Ophenia's unique logic. Perhaps she could sway things a least a little more into a better direction. “There is a difference between meaning harm and causing it. Even if they might not mean any harm, there is a highly likely chance for them to cause it, so for your own sake and theirs, please be careful.” She figured that was the best way to try get through to Ophenia.

Like Calliope, she was taken aback by the room. “No, these aren't common in the See. This is more like what I'd imagine that magic city, Aslan, to look like. A lot of these colours, patterns and furniture aren't exactly natural, after all.” She stated, glossing around a bit more. The place admittedly made her feel a tad uncomfortable. It's why she wasn't too focussed on what the other three were up too. Focussing more on the cat at her side.

A shocking revelation, an answer to an ancient mystery, a long lost riddle that was suddenly solved like the sun breaking through a clouded sky. Ophenia had, indeed, without a shred of doubt in the whole wide world, remembered her name. All thanks to pronouncing it in a sing-like manner. Between delivering her gift and figuring out this much, it felt like almost all her goals here were completed. She could only wonder what her companions seemed to be up too, however, as they might have another goal in mind still.

She wasn't sure why, as the music seemed to vaguely remind her of something she once dreamed about that never ended up really happening. It made her wonder... should she? Or should she not? Probably not? Or should she? Ah, but what... no... but then again... She hesitated, as it was clear she wanted to ask something, but was unsure if she should truly do so or not.

Calliope-The See-Lord Bara 1.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Mentions: Elvario Elvario Faynorae Faynorae

Calliope's eyes went wide and she made a shocked expression as Euthalia clarified the word for her, but she calmed when Ophenia seemed unconcerned. She leaned over and whispered to Euthalia, "D-Do you really think it was a-a stalker, hhhmmm? That seems most unsettling, mmhhmm... Like... like that woman in the alley way at Faeremeadow, mmhhmm..." Her heart raced a little faster at the memory but she squeezed Euthalia's arm tighter and steadied her breathing.

The Felisian gigled as she watched the three on the stage. How close they all seemed and comfortable with each other made her smile. Her ears twitched however as Islwyn began to whisper, Calliope's instinct naturally tuning into sounds trying to be muffled. Love songs...? Romantic music...? She watched as Islwyn off the stage. Wait, they weren't... Were they? She had been under the impression that the two were merely close acquaintances, but asking for love songs, holding hands... What did that mean?

As the music began to play, Calliope felt many emotions resonate through her. She felt like she understood the meaning behind the Sylphs words. She squeezed Euthalia's arm again, wondering if Keone and Islwyn felt the way the song made her feel. She turned to ask Euthalia about it when she noticed the Sylvan seemed to have something on her own mind. "Euthalia, hhhmmm? Are you alright, hhhmmm? Is something the matter, hhhmmm?"

Time: 12:23
Location: The See of Fae(Chearon), Far Western Bishiri, Ophánia's Residence, Salon d'Ofandom(1st floor)

• Character Goals:
    • ???

Language Keys:
    Please remember to use the following when your character is speaking a language. For your characters to understand what other characters are saying they must possess the [Language] skill according to the following language.
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

Violets Nephele (Inst. "Cherries Jubiles")

The instrumental shifted and so too did Ophenia's seemingly nervous demeanour—almost as though flipping a switch. Her brows knit with worry, relaxed as her expression sparked with a smile carefreely creased upon her cheeks. She introduced the changed music with a twirl, the rainbow of lights dancing along with her spin. The cheery intro would dip into a soft and slow rhythm.

Islwyn took the lead with Keone, lifting the naga's hand to the air and then giving her a spin. They were equal in terms of strength, however, Keone was a bit slow on the uptake and wasn't really ready to dance. Luckily, she wasn't so imprecise as to fall over and be wrung in her own tail, although, it was still quite dizzying. As Keone took a few moments to straighten her scales, Islwyn would skip over to Euthalia and Calliope.

"Come on you two~♫" She nudged Euthalia's elbow, "Both of you are standing around like old oaks, dance and be merry~♡" She'd say with a wink smiling before skipping off and... Drinking her booze like a parched mermaid in the desert. Glitzing lights flickered around the group, pale and colourful as the music fluttered through the room from wall to wall. The little white anemones planted in the vases seemed to tremble and dance with their petals, being tinged in colour by the reflecting hues emanating from the colourful stone Ophenia held.

Once Keone regained her wits, she would begin to chase Islwyn. Aiming to grab the bottle which the satyr would so excessively consume. Islwyn jumped on one of the tables, playfully giggling like a child as she swayed on the roseate table. As Ophenia watched the scene from the alit stage, she seemingly held back her laughter as she sang, a slight almost escaping chuckle attempting to interrupt her lyrics

The lights danced in the room, and if one were to look at the plain ceiling, it would seem as though stars were shining, darting across a canvas in vivid vibrance. Circling the ceiling in rings of cool blues and greens, warm yellows and oranges and then thoughtless radiant white. There was a person in mind within each glow, perhaps a destiny of sorts. Yet who knows, they were but mere colours reflected in simple space.

Ophenia lifted her head, her smile waning. As though to think fondly of someone far, or lost. The song began nearing its end:

"...I find that everything is ideal
Today, my heart becomes tinged by yours

I really cannot hide it, oh why can I not?
What if you realise it? How I feel;
I fear that... It would be selfish
To let you get any closer to my heart.

Do not worry, I need a little more time
I become tinged by you slowly
Like these moments spreading out;

In violet..."
♫​

9.png

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Upon seeing Calliope wanted to whisper something, she bend down to listen. At the cat's words, she wondered for a moment... Then she wrapped an arm around Calliope. “Don't worry, even if it was a stalker, it won't be like that time.” She promised, as that was all she could confidently reply to Calliope. She herself wasn't sure what it'd be like or who it'd be either. Even so, she had a strange confidence that Ophenia, Calliope, herself and her companions, would be able to deal with things.

When Calliope asked her what's wrong, she got pulled out of her thoughts. “Oh, no, I'm sorry, I was deep in thought for a moment.” She hesitantly replied, even though she managed to put up a smile for Calliope. She wasn't sure what else to reply.

It was Islwyn's unsubtle encouragement that got her the boost she needed. Silently thanking the Satyr, she hermaphrodited up and straightened her back, took a step back, then held out her hand. “Might I have this dance from you, madam?” She asked, a tad exaggerated for dramatic effect.

Upon hopefully not being utterly ignored, she'd attempt to take the lead. Her dancing was perhaps a tad stiff and clumsy, as she had no real skill in it, but as a true Fae, she made up for it by adjusting the immediate surroundings of her and her companions to be just right, as if on instinct, with some [Control Environment F].

Considering the rhythm was surprisingly funky and fast, it was difficult not to feel some of the merry-making in it. However, as the song drew closer to its end, she felt the desire to draw Calliope a bit closer... and perhaps a bit more close than that as well ...she finally had the courage to steadily do so. Slowly, yet steadily, she was drawing the kitten closer until she'd finally end up embracing her altogether. She... wasn't entire sure what to say now, or how to proceed. Part of her even wondered if she hadn't gone too far already. Even so, she spoke up. “I'm... really glad I met you.” Those were the words she eventually got out, even though they didn't carry half of what she wanted to truly say.

Calliope-Ophenia's Song-Lord Bara 1.png
Calliope

As Euthalia put her arm around Calliope, the Felisian's heart leapt in surprise. She almost drew attention to the action, asking Euthalia why she had done it, but stopped herself. She had decided in Bishri before that she wasn't going to keep sabotaging herself. The gesture felt comforting and right, questioning it was ridiculous. It was okay to accept good things. Things she wanted. As she opened her mouth to speak, a thousand words ran through her mind, but she finally uttered only a few. "Alright, mmhhmm. I trust you, mmhhmm."

Calliope's cheeks turned red at Islwyn's prodding. She had never been one for dancing. Even when the taverns got rily or at her brothers more festive performances, she was always more content enjoying the show from the sides. Not that dancing didn't appeal to her, she just... never felt like it was something for her. Like it was meant for others. She smiled at laughed at Islwyn and Keone's display as she slowly rocked in place to the music, barely noticing as Euthalia broke free from her grasp. She turned to say something when she saw Euthalia's hand presented before her, and heard the invitation from the Sylvari.

Her eyes went wide as it took everything she had not to let out the biggest "HHHHHHMMMMMM?!" of her life, but she managed to hold it in. She wasn't going to ruin this. There was something strange about the scene, something oddly... familiar? It made her think of a dream she had before. But she needed to respond with something. "I-I... A-Al..." She took a breath and calmed herself, smiling warmly at Euthalia. "I would like that very much, mmhhmm." She she took Euthalia's hand in her own and curtsied to match Euthalia's exagerated gesture, smiling playfully. "My Lord, mmhhmm." Wait... Was that the right one? She still had trouble with Common nobility titles... And Euthalia wasn't even Human... She just made herself look dumb didn't she...? But now's not the time to reflect on that. She contained her doubt and let Euthalia take the lead, taking her own place as a [Follower]. As they danced, it was as if the very air around her responded to her emotions, becoming comfortable and pleasant.

The dance was fun and everything the small town cat girl had ever hoped it would be. Even through the enjoyment though, part of her dreaded every second that passed, knowing it was drawing to a close. But suddenly she realized Euthalia was pulling her closer. Her eyes went wide and she looked up at the Sylvari, but made no attempt to stop her. Eventually she was held close, close as she wanted to be, moving her own arms around the waist of the woman and holding tight to her. She smiled at her words, a pure and genuine smile as her eyes misted slightly. "I am very happy I met you, too, mmhhmm." She had thought earlier, of that fantastical dream she had had once, with her mystery date and an evening of wonder and romance... but this was better.

Time: 12:35

• Character Goals:
    • ???

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

Two Hearts Dream the Same Dream

The music continued to play whilst Keone continued to pursue putting an end to Islwyn's alcoholism, and yet, everything around Calliope and Euthalia seemed to quiet down. The moment itself felt slow, like a small pebble being dropped into a pool of honey, very steadily sinking into the golden sweetness. Like a droplet, and then another, incessantly cadent upon a boulder, seeping into the slightest cracks; until sooner or later it splits apart. Although the moment between them seemed slow, everything else around them seemed to move at a quickened pace.

The fluorescent white of the stage lights, the colours dancing like starlights glitzing across the deep moon-touched sky did not reach the two, it was only Calliope and Euthalia at that moment. The scent of flowers and Islwyn's booze coalescing in the fluttering air was the only thing that proved they were still in this room. The music came back to the two, and colour shined upon them.

10-1.png

Ophenia.pngDespite her gentle clap, the noise rang out loud in the air. "Fermare!" Ophenia cried out in cheer, smiling like an oblivious child. With sparkling steps, she hopped over the table and off the stage, the spotlights following her as she floated unto the floor with a click from her heels. "What did you two—" The sylph's smile softened, "Oh?" Ophenia leaned toward the two, her eyes glittering as she silently gazed upon the two. From what Euthalia could tell, via her [Insight F]—Ophenia was analysing the two's expressions, no, something else. Something related to one's [Expressions]. She bobbed back, standing straight as she clapped softly.

KEONE.jpg"I understand now!" The sylph smiled, "You two are belov—" Before Ophenia finished her sentence, Keone yanked the sylph away. Euthalia could tell Keone meant to be gentle when she pulled onto Ophenia's collar, but she didn't seem to expect the sylph to be as light as she was. "Uhm," The naga started, her eye pointed to Islwyn who hung with a hand over Keone's shoulder, her hooves standing limply. "While you two were... Y'klnow—" She shrugged, "Islwyn here managed to chug down FOUR whole bottles o' booze. Somehow." Keone grimaced. Ophenia looked at Islwyn, her head tilted slightly, "She seems to need a rest," "Well, I mean... Guess that's a way to get her away from alcohol."

10-2.png

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

She wasn't sure why, but hearing Calliope say that she trusted her felt much better than she anticipated. It made her realise how important such a simple thing had managed to become to her. It's why a bit of worry showed on her face when Calliope seemed hesitant to accept the dance. That worry melted like snow in the desert when Calliope eventually accepted. It even turned into a smile when Calliope called her 'my Lord', which wasn't something she was called often, despite it technically not being incorrect. Although their dancing wasn't anything to show off to anyone, Calliope was surprisingly capable of going along with Euthalia's attempts, perhaps due to being a [Follower]. It's what made the experience work out well enough for Euthalia to wonder if they couldn't just keep going forever. Especially when her words were answered by a similar statement. It made her feel a type of happiness she hadn't felt since the return of her Heart's Seed, or... perhaps not even before that.

Alas, to all good things comes an end. She only snapped out of the moment when Keone pointed out the near-wasted Satyr. “Oh dear...” She mumbled, not sure whether to laugh, cry or get mad. “Wait... four of them..?” That was a lot, even by Iswlyn standards. She looked at Calliope. “Not even a Satyr should be able to handle the hangover that'll get her...” Then she looked at Iswlyn. “... although perhaps that would be a warranted punishment for her actions?” She asked aloud, for Islwyn to hear as well.

She sighed. “Anyway, that was a wonderful performance, thank you.” She'd turn to Ophenia. “I'm sure your music will be able to reach many others in no-time if you keep going like this.” She was surprising herself by how much she meant it when she said that. “Although if you do get more famous, you might want to hire security. Every famous person has someone to ensure their safety. Think of it as a staple necessity.” She advised Ophenia, still a tad worried about the possibility of a stalker.

DALL·E 2023-12-10 12.17.52 - Anime style image of a woman with short orange hair and cat ears,...pngCalliope Dar'Maoro

Calliope sighed heavily and contentedly, ready to spend hours in Euthalia's arms, only to suddenly go wide eyed and red as she realized Ophenia was suddenly upon them. "Uh... I-It... I -I mean, we haven't... Uhhh... mm-mmhhmm..." She stared nervously at the Sylph, gratful when she was suddenly pulled away by Keone, but now she had a new witness to deal with. At the realization of Islwyns state, however, she immediately returned to her usual self. "Oh, dear, she definitely needs to lie down, mmhhmm. I can give her something to ensure she doesn't suffer to much, but the intoxication will have to wear off on its own, mmhhmm." She turned back to Ophenia. "Do you have a bed or somewhere we could let her rest, hhhmmm?"

Time: 12:41

• Character Goals:
    • ???

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

Salon D'Ofandom

Ophenia snapped her finger, the stage lights upon her flickering momentarily before the room was completely alit once more. She smiled, "A hangover? What is that?" "Oh, it's just the thing that happens to irresponsible folks who irresponsibly decide it's a great idea to empty 4 bottles of booze." Keone explained although that didn't define the term. "I see," She'd smile with a clap, garnering the attention of Islwyn who lifted her head to see Euthalia and Calliope quite close.

Islwyn.jpg"Ohh my~" She hiccupped with a wide smile spread across her face. "My my my, Did you two fasten the thread? Fi-nal-ly! So—" The satyr unlatched herself from Keone as she stepped forward with a tumble. "Woohoo! I'm so SO happy for ya two~!" She fell onto Calliope and Euthalia, grabbing them both into a group hug. "So, when's the wed...." She trailed off, quieting down again as her grip loosened. Keone put both her palms to her face with an audible SLAP. "She definitely deserves the headache to come."

Ophenia.png"Safety?" Ophenia tilted her head, "Is that not absurd?" Ophenia replied covering her smile as she waved her other hand, "For why must I ensure my safety in this world so beloved? Nought would..." Ophenis stopped, hesitating for a moment. As if to convince herself for a moment before gently clapping with a shining smile. "Why would aught want for the harm of another? I am plenty safe. Even if harm were to threaten me, I am a sylph." Ophenia lifted her hand, before slashing through it with her other hand. As though passing through air, her arm split for moments before coalescing together once more. "See?" She smiled, her head tilted to the side. "Be not worried, Miss Eu-tha-lia; for I am of the winds' descent, as the air cannot be harmed, so too can I not as the winds' son." She would state, confident in her security.

There was a sudden excitement in Ophenia's eyes as Calliope asked about a bed, "You are true! Yes, that is exactly what the second floor needs! Ah, I must go ask Mister Youfiel, let us be off~" Ophenia gleefully flew to the stage's end table, picking up the posy placed there, before running to and out the door in her excitement. Calliope would then be able to hear a high-pitched windchime-like noise similar to the sounds Iophiel made Ophenia earlier.

KEONE.jpg
Once Ophenia had left the room, Keone slithered to Islwyn and pulled her off Euthalia and Calliope, she turned to the two, her face showing both concerns. "Okay, but was it not mildly disturbing to see someone slice through their arm or is it just me? Do you think it hurts if she splits apart like that?" Keone questioned with a sigh as she looked to the door, "Either way, it feels weird to hear someone brush off their security so plainly..." She'd look back to Euthalia after her comment. "Do you really think she'd be alright just 'cause her body is made of the air?"

11.png

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Euthala sighed, a tad annoyed by how her magical moment with Calliope had been interrupted, but knowing that it simply was what it was. “A hangover is waking up with a headache and feeling sick due to behaving irresponsibly and drinking too much prior.” Euthalia clarified for Ophenia.

As much as she'd love to hold her friends close, Islwyn was not exactly welcome right now. Mostly due to the state she was in and the words she was speaking. “You're drunk Iswlyn.” She was automatically tuning out just what exactly the Satyr was saying as she was used to it being nonsense when she'd gotten herself wasted. “Where or when did you even get all that booze...” Euthalia sighed, wondering if she should keep a stricter eye on her companion. For now, however, it was already too late.

She sighed again at Ophenia's words. The Sylph really was an air-head through and through. “If not for your own safety, than for those that will be visiting. So that they won't harm or fight with each-other. Besides, having security is a status thing. It shows this place is really important, successful and worth visiting.” It was the easiest excuse to convince the Sylph to hire some form of security in the hope that they'd also look out for their employer.

The sight of seeing Ophenia casually dismember herself was a tad nauseating. “Please don't do that again.” She was quick to say. “Even if you're somehow physically strong, someone could still destroy things of yours or cause problems in other ways. Especially if it's a stalker. You'd not want a single jealous stalker to destroy all the letters and gifts you might get from your other fans, right?” By now, she'd yet found another goal. Getting Ophenia to promise her to have some shred of security hired.

Perhaps she could even use Joffiel? The bird dude. He might be easily convinced to get security in place if she told him someone might come ruin his designs without it. As for Keone's word, Euthalia nodded. “I thought I knew my fellow Fae, but hers is a type that I seem to can't get a grasp on.” She sighed. “Let's see if we can get some sort of security in place, somehow, regardless. I'd help me root easier.”

As for that matter, she'd head outside and would immediately address Yolly. “{Say, mister aesthetician, could you help me convince Ophenia that she'll need to hire some security to ensure nobody causes trouble in this place? It'd be a shame if your hard work would get destroyed by rowdy customers, right?}” She hoped that'd be a quick way towards getting him on her side.

Calliope-West Bishri-Lord Bara 1.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro

Calliope shifted Islwyn to one arm so she could reach into her blouse and remove two small vials. "I do not disagree with the assessment that it is the irresponsible who suffer from hang overs, mmhhmm. But perhaps we should go easy on her, she seems to have punished herself already, mmhhmm." She bit the cork off the top of one vial, pouring its contents of berries into her mouth and chewing, before biting the top off the other and spitting the berries into it. She recovered it with her thumb and smiled at Islwyn. "Islwyn, dear, I need you to breathe this in, it will help with the head ache and any stomach pain, though you will remain drunk for quite some time, mmhhmm." Calliope shook the vial vigorously, the contents beginning to bubble, and let up with her thumb slightly, aiming the vial toward Islwyn. A small hiss and spray of mist would cloud the Satyrs face for a moment before dissipating. [1]

Calliope thought for a moment before adding her thoughts to the topic at hand. "I... I reluctantly agree with you, mmhhmm. The village I grew up in was very safe and we never had any sort of 'security', mmhhmm. Honestly, the sight of armed people unnerves me, especially non-beasts, mmhhmm. But... if there had been guards in Faeremeadow... things might have happened differently, mmhhmm." She hated the thought. But she had been really scared. Things going the way they did had been lucky. Though Euthalia had been a great help and comfort. Calliope's hand moved to Euthalia's and squeezed it, giving her a smile before the Sylvan stepped outside, leaving Islwyn to Calliope and Keone.

Calliope turned to Keone and whispered, quietly so as not to disturb Euthalia. "<Does she get this bad often? I-If that isn't too intrusive of a question.>." Calliope thought about what ingredients she had on hand or what she had experimented in the past, that might help Islwyn more regularly.

Last edited:
Time: 12:46
Location: The See of Fae(Chearon), Far Western Bishiri, Ophánia's Residence, Salon d'Ofandom(2nd floor)

• Character Goals:
    • ???
    • Figure out or ensure that Ophenia has some sort of security.

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

77-Eyed Glamour

Islwyn.jpg
The puff of alchemical mist which Islwyn breathed in caused her to hiccup before giggling a bit, "Pfft~ Ah, silly Euthalia~" Islwyn smiled as she flopped over again. "What else would I put in my—" Her hiccup interrupted her. "Uh, my... Whaddyou think fills up my satch' huh? Ahaha~" She smiled, all things which bothered her had completely evacuated her head at that moment. She'd speak as Keone slugged her along.

As Euthalia, Calliope and Keone, with Islwyn's intoxicated self, approached; one could easily notice the shifting feathers of Iophiel's feathered tail. It seemed he and Ophenia had finished... speaking(?) as she waved lightly upon the group's approach. "I have discussed the plan for the second room with Mister Jofiel, so let us be off and up!" The sylph brightly smiled, before glitzing off to the second floor. She was quite excited, for some reason.
KEONE.jpg
"<Usually, it isn't THIS bad...>" Keone would start whispering quite softly, "<But I think she was using this 'celebration' as an excuse to chug down as much as she wants,>" She'd sigh for a moment, "<Though, I guess I did start first with my own... habits, but, in my opinion, alcohol is worse than... borrowing pretty stuffs and things here and there, y'know?>" Keone would subtly smirk, her thoughts were clearly a bit hindered by bias and worry for her friend's liver. "<Also, you don't hafta worry about being intrusive, you're a friend. Pretty sure being friends is all about sharing stuff like this!>" Keone would reassure as she pulled Islwyn along her trail.
Iophiel.png
The fae winced at Euthalia upon her first addressing him, "{Mister Aesthetician?}" He snarled, "{One is beyond appalled. A nymph, akin you, should be contrite to share characteristics of the sylphid. I pray thee that the myrtle in your head is not obscuring your cognition,}" The foul fowl fae would chide, before letting leave a tired sigh, "{Yet most fortunately for ye all, I am to pardon the trespasses of my client's vassals.}" He waved one of his hind hands. "{Your concerns are heard. Be relieved of worry, for I have been most aware of alderlievest Phaeinós' ignorance of his safety and thus, I do intend on hiring discreet protection.}" He would state as he'd follow Ophenia upstairs.

Keone was quite obviously, annoyed. Islwyn's alcoholism did not bother her nearly as much as how utterly revolting Mister Peafoul was toward her friends. Unfortunately for the naga, she knew nought good would come of punching the fae as he was currently helping Ophenia with her 'Operation RRMM.' However, something else did confuse her; "Who is Elderly Fest Fae Nose supposed to be...? Is that some sort of sylvan joke or something I ain't getting?" She'd ask Euthalia as they made their way upstairs.

Transmutation

After entering the room, the group would notice Ophenia and Iophiel in the middle of the room. The sylph sung, or well, spoke in [Wyndish], the words of which, were not words; but a variety of sounds. Sometimes, like a harp's silver strings being lightly plucked in broken chords or when windchimes clink and clatter due to the fluttering breeze and rarely, the low and quiet singing of an oboe. Well, no matter how Ophenia's [Wyndish] was described, Euthalia still could only barely make out the fewest of words. Like, dresser, cushioned and rose-coloured.

With that, Ophenia directed Iophiel as he placed ores of gems and metals around the room, spreading a thin veil of chiffon upon them. He seemed to be placing everything via [Telekinesis] of sorts, leaving behind glittering trails of transiently flickering light trickling to the floor and fading to nothing at all. He stood still, bringing together his two forehands into a praying clasp, Iophiel's hind arms gestured in fluttering motions as though conducting an orchestra, or like a swan as it spread its wings to fly.

The eyes on his feathered tail began to glow, Ophenia's eyes sparkled as she watched. Keone looked around, confused as she watched the plain chiffon and comparably ugly ores begin to glitter. They could feel the movement of mana in the air, shifting energies pulling and reshaping the ores into a gilden bedframe, adorned with jewels as the chiffon veil was cut and changed into mattresses, pillows, comforters and blankets. A table of stone and gilden sheen sprouted from an ore and then was covered by a brocade tablecloth. It was like watching dancers waltz in a ballroom, as things twirled, twisted and then sparkled into mirrors, paintings, beds and rugs... And then, it was still.

Ophenia.pngOnce Iophiel was done he'd sigh, the decadence and excessive patterns and intricacies were quite reminiscent of a certain somewhere far in the east, where everything is so beautiful that it becomes the most plain thing. Of course, only [Architects] or [Artists] had any need to study such places. Ophenia happily clapped, giggling as she marvelled at the things she'd only seen in the wonder tale books which she so adored, she had never been to a palace or church before. "Splendid, most verily splendid!" The sylph sung in cheers, Iophiel scoffed acting as if it were nought, but those keen and [Insightful] would've noticed the brief and subtle hubris-filled smile.

On the table, was a vase. Ophenia went over to the vase and placed into it the posy he had received. Keone went over to a nearby bed and pressed her hand onto it. "Huh," She slumped Islwyn onto the bed, her weight sinking into the mattress. "These things are soft as clouds. Like... Woah." The naga continued to fiddle with the material of the patterned blanket.

12.png

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

A wave of instant annoyance gave her a preview of the type of headache Islwyn might be waking up too in the morning, as she listened to the fowl's reply. What had even annoyed him? Ophenia had kept calling him 'mister' and he'd called himself an 'aesthetician' so she'd gone off of all available information. That information excluding an actual name, as she'd heard so many variants that she forgot which one was correct. A smile occurred. She no longer wanted to even try playing friends with this person, so... why not? “{My apologies, dear Yoffy.}” She replied, figuring she might as well take a page from Ophenia's book.

Listening to the 'vassal' part with a raised eye-brow, she couldn't help but comment on it. “{I'm her manager, of sorts, although predominantly a friend as it's looking.}” She replied, not really feeling the desire to be 'vassalised' just like that. She was fine not playing an active manager role, mostly as she had never even really wanted to sign up for it to begin with, but being called a vassal struck her Fae pride in a wrong manner. Even so, it seemed this birdbrain was good for something, as he was already planning to hire protection. “{Good.}” She simply stated, not wishing to spent further words on it.

As for Keone's question, Euthalia had an educated guess to make. “Considering how Ophenia was treated in that realm she was from, as well as the backing she seems to have when it comes to hosting concerts and obtaining places like this, it wouldn't surprise me if Ophenia had some sort of noble or royal lineage. Perhaps she's a prince of sorts, to the Gardeniades' realm or in the Glade in particular.” She chuckled. “Ophenia would make for an interesting prince, don't you think so? So long as his royal highness wouldn't forget about being a prince.” It recalled her at her own haphazard attempt at acting princely back in those gardens. That hadn't turned out the greatest.

For as much as the bird annoyed her, what he was pulling off in this room could only be described in one manner. “{That was impressive.}” She admitted, perhaps a tad reluctant to do so. She feared she'd regret it, but alas, she'd already done so. Whilst Keone got distracted by the bed (Euthalia was glad it'd be too big to pocket and steal), Euthalia herself noticed the paintings. “Those look a bit familiar, or is that just me?” She asked aloud.

Calliope-Merchant-Flowers 1.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro

Calliope thought the sounds the two made were wonderful. While very different, the language brought to mind some of the more high pitched Avian races of Kuridan, and their habitual chirping and whistling intermingled with their speech. She wondered if it was even possible for her to learn, though perhaps standard Sylvan was a better place to start. She helped move Islwyn to one of the beds, before looking around the room. Ophenia's belt was a marvel. It was hard to believe magic and a few raw materials had done all of this.

At Euthalia's mention of the paintings, Calliope stepped forward to look more closely at them. She had never been much of an 'art appreciator'. She did enjoy it, and found these portraits very beautiful, but she didn't know anything about them or the techniques used to make them. Sometimes, a large cart filled with paintings would arrive in her village and try to sell it's works. The owner was a strange eccentric human who never seemed to notice the unwelcome response they got from the older members of the village. Calliope found them very interesting though and would often chat with them for a bit about the going-ons in other small settlements in the area. These portraits seemed more regal though, like something that would hang in a noble house. It made Calliope wonder about Euthalia's 'Prince' comment.

Time: 12:50
Location: The See of Fae(Chearon), Far Western Bishiri, Ophánia's Residence, Salon d'Ofandom(2nd floor)

• Character Goals:
    • Sleep...? (Have a Sleep Party!)

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

Remember Skyless Days

Iophiel.png
The foul fowl fae winced at Euthalia's reply, all at once it felt as though maybe one hundred eyes were all glaring at her. He said nothing more, and Euthalia would be able to recognized that similar to her, he wanted not to waste a mere breath on her. "{His manager?!)" The peafoul gasped, "{Correct my wrong presumptions, but is he not at least a century too old for a caretaker?}" Besides assuming Ophenia's age, it seemed that Iophiel also confused "Manager" with "Babysitter." His all widened, as the feathers on his tail so visibly looked between Ophenia and then to Euthalia. "{Friend? As in good company with... Inform me not that I am within a room of children...}" The fae winced at the thought.

KEONE.jpgAs Euthalia explained her theory, Keone stroke her in thought. "I see..." Keone chuckled, "If our little sylph was some long-lost prince of some dreamland in the glade—wouldn't they reward us handsomely if we brought her back?" Keone's eyes sparkled, "They'd pay me in jewels!" The naga exclaimed, but quickly retracted, "But that'd probably mean we would see Ophenia much if at all." Keone crossed her arms as she gave it a thought. "If Ophenia was a prince... she'd probably be taken advantage of by some evil bastard." Keone would bluntly admit, her eyes falling upon the sylph who was still setting flowers in the vase, "Isn't it scary? To so faithfully trust in... everything and anything?" Keone sighed, "It's a wonder how folks like her make it this far." She shrugged, "Well, that's from what I've gathered."

Iophiel smirked at Euthalia's brief praise; "{One's words are most certainly heard many a time, 'splendid' and 'impressive' are not surmountable to my true brilliance. Yet, come the world's beginning or end; I appreciate it.}" The fae bowed as if a performer during the ending scene as he would then leave the room with a smug expression on his hideous fae bird foul fae fpwl face. Ophenia waved at Iophiel as he left. "Tsk tsk," Keone clicked her tongue as she'd crossed her arms, "Pompous much?" She'd comment with a chuckle.

Keone slithered up behind Euthalia, "Ain't that Ophenia?" She would say at first, squinting her eye, "She doesn't look like this much of a... uh... <vixen?>" The naga added. It was indeed Ophenia, or well, an interpretation or portrayal of the titular pure heart. The signature way that she styled her fringe was present and the basic features like eye colour and skin tone were the same but... The portrait had more sharp and mature features to her, inaccurate to Ophenia's softer appearance. Whoever drew this hasn't ever seen Ophenia in person or up close. "Kind of looks like you," Keone commented, looking at Euthalia. "Right Cali? Like, imagine Euthalia had long pink hair, yellow eyes and milk-white skin... or, magical air flesh...?"

Ophenia.png"Ah, so!" Ophenia clapped, softly speaking as she approached everyone. "I have thought of the most lovely thing!" "What—" "A party of slumber!" Ophenia exclaimed in a whispering shout, so as not to disturb Islwyn. "A what?" "A sleep party, do you not know? We do fun things until we fall asleep!" "But Euthalia doesn't sleep—" Ophenia tilted her head with a smile, "Worry not! It will still be fun! I thought of everything I have ever wanted to do with my friends on such an occasion, things like... Braiding each other's hair, lifting the heaviest with merely our fingers, talking about our emotions, summoning creatures from yonder planes, painting our nails and other stuff. Ah! We can try on each other's clothing too!" "Wait what was that about summoning creatures—" "Step one, we must acquire clothing suitable for sleeping in," Ophenia looked up at Calliope and Keone, "What would one wear to sleep?" Ophenia asked with a smile. "Uhm.... Something light?" Keone answered, looking at Calliope.

[Image Pending...]​

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Considering Yoffy asked for corrections, she'd gladly give him some of those. “{A manager is not a caretaker. It's more of a professional work relation. Besides, you've worked with him. Even though I'm not his caretaker, I definitely feel like someone should take upon themselves such a task, before he ends up self-destructing. Perhaps merely hiring security wouldn't be enough...}” At times, it felt like Ophenia had spent centuries as a breeze and only days as a thinking being. The level of naivety and airheadedness surely suggested as much. She didn't believe Yoffy's child remark to be worth replying to, as he himself felt like the biggest annoying brat right now. Nor did she feel like figuring out how old Ophenia actually was, for that matter. Trying to understand the inns and outs of air was only going to get her own brain to feel airy.

She sighed at Keone's remark, but decided to play along for a bit. “Or perhaps they'd arrest us for kidnapping their royalty and put us behind bars. Perhaps they'd even accuse us of associating with those above status.” She did chuckle at the mention of Ophenia being taken advantage of, although a bit of a wry one. “I don't think Ophenia needs to be a prince to be taken advantage of. After all, I'm pretty sure some folk would try even worse things than 'borrowing' a few of her shinier items.” Not that Euthalia hadn't nearly made Ophenia sign her life away at one point, only to become her manager.

To that extend, she had to agree with Keone. “It's why I sort-off wish she actually did have a caretaker. Or, you know, a more proper manager. Someone that doesn't get a headache from trying to protect herself against her own naivety.” On the other end, Keone did mention something else. “Well, the fact that she did make it this far... maybe it shows we're worried over nothing? Perhaps she found a way to live and keep living as she is?” Either that, or it was just wishful thinking.

Although the blue bird wasn't exactly humble, he did show some sort of gratitude for the compliment, which was already more than she could bargain for, so she'd led him go.

As for the paintings, Euthalia had to check again. “Perhaps... I thought this might be her family instead, but... maybe Ophenia herself?” It wasn't impossible. “Yeah, it is a rather... peculiar style.” She replied at the remark, only to get compared with it all of a sudden. Keone implying she was a vixen and asking Calliope for confirmation wasn't exactly ideal... yet she, truth be told, was a tad bit curious what the cat would reply. So she herself remained silent on it, at least for now. She did, however, find herself unable to abstain from glancing at Calliope, really eager to see the latter's reaction.

That's when Ophenia called out. The stuff mentioned was... highly peculiar. Having fun until falling asleep would indeed be impossible in her case. Instead, she'd starve due to lack of sunlight or rooting ability. She also wasn't all that eager to have her hair braided, or have a lifting competition..? Talking about emotions..? With someone as air-headed as Ophenia..? Or someone as close as Callipe..? She didn't like painting her nails either. She perked up at the mention of summoning, however, as that was somewhat interesting. “I wasn't aware you had summoning abilities. How would you go about it?” She stated, curious, like Keone, but perhaps for other reasons.

As for trying on each-others clothing... She highly doubted that'd work. To the untrained eye, it wasn't even clear where her body started and clothing ended, with her body being just as leafy and planty as the 'clothes' she wore. One might even question if she wore them at all. As for Ophenia's question, Euthalia shrugged. “I normally don't change just to root ... not that I'd have much to change into our out off ... I know Islwyn would've already stripped naked if she hadn't passed out first.” Honestly, she had very little experience with whatever this was about. “Isn't it rather normal not to wear anything to sleep?” She knew Keone sometimes left some clothing on, but she was pretty sure most Fae didn't bother. To that extend, some didn't even bother getting dressed during the day, but that was probably too much of a culture shock.

Still, she figured there was something she could try. “Oh, right, I know a game I played when I was younger! We took out these...” She held out a small sachet that seemed to contain some ground rocks of sorts, smelling a bit peculiar, almost like... fertiliser..? “We'd try out each-others minerals while rooting and we'd guess where they were from and how expensive they were!” She realised that, even though it was a fond memory, the others were a bit too rootless to do something similar. “Well... that's what I'd do at root-gatherings.”

She tried to come up with other ideas. Truth be told the only times she'd ever been in a bed weren't to sleep in there. All in all, she couldn't say she knew much about all of this. “Scents!” She suddenly called out. “We used to talk about what scents we were able to produce. Sometimes we'd even grow our own flowers and make perfume with them to make them smell even nicer.” She took out a bottle of flower-scented perfume. “I'm sure everyone enjoys floral scents, right?” She asked, offering Calliope and Ophenia to try some. Keone would probably already know the scent well enough. Although, the latest variation on it had a hint of tuberose in it, along with the more standard jasmine and sweet pea.

Having tried what she could, she'd turn to Calliope. “What type of things are common for these types of events where you're from?”

Calliope-West Bishri-Lord Bara 1.png
Calliope

Calliope thought about Keone's words as she stared at the image. She didn't think the woman looked very fox-like, though Calliope hadn't met many fox related Beasts. As she focused she seemed to forget her surroundings and spoke plainly. "I am not very familiar with Fae, but this woman just seems to be a slightly more glamorous humanoid, mmhhmm. She's pretty and clearly more than human, but I am not sure I could derive anything more from her appearance alone, mmhhmm." Calliope squinted as she thought about Euthalia's visage overlaying the painting. "Maybe... hhhmmm? A little, mmhhmm. I suppose I can see some similarities, though I have time picturing Euthalia with that expression, mmhhmm. The painting seems almost... dream like... hhhmmm? Like she could vanish at any moment, mmhhmm. Euthalia seems much more statuesque, mmhhmm. Like her beauty is more substantial, mmh-" The Felisians eyes went wide as she realized what she blurted out. She turned to Euthalia, panicked slightly. "I-I just mean, the image you present and the way you carry yourself are much more 'real' than the woman in the portrait, mmhhmm. N-Not that I don't think you're beautiful, mmhmm! I-I am not making this better am I, mmhhmm..." She covered her face with her hands and blushed.

As Calliope listened to Ophenia's proposal, like Euthalia, she wondered what exactly these activities were. She had never done any of these things, well aside from talking about emotions. Her sister had braided her hair one time, but their mom had gotten very upset about it, calling it Humanizing and unbecoming of a Felisian. Her current hair was too short to braid. When Euthalia pulled her bag, Calliope was just as confused about the activity. But, when in Bishri, do as the Bishis. She pondered Euthalia's question, trying to think the best way to answer. "I've never done anything like this before, mmhhmm. I think the closest thing is the few times my siblings and I would stay up past our bedtime, playing quietly in our room, mmhhmm. We would tell scary stories, or just talk about silly things, mmhhmm. Sometimes we all climbed in the same bed and slept all together, mmhhmm. Oh, uh, errrr... N-Not that we should attempt to replicate that part, mmhhmm..." She hoped she hadn't overshared. As what they would sleep in. "Oh, I-I usually just sleep in my small clothes, mmhhmm. I-Is that not usual, hhhmmm? I know some people have fancy small clothes made specially for sleeping, but my siblings and I always just wore our normal ones, mmhhmm."

Last edited:
Time: 12:55

• Character Goals:

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

Remember Skyless Days
KEONE.jpgWhen Euthalia mentioned Ophenia's family, Keone perked up, "I can see that... Like an older sister, or mom... Sylphid have moms right?" The naga thought for a moment, "She did say she had a lot of siblings, didn't she?" She inquired. Although, with Calliope's interpretation of the portrait, Keone took a second glance at it and Euthalia. "Yeah, I can see that... I think." She would affirm, "Maybe that's the painter's way of capturing her airness... Sylphness?" Keone added, However, she would slowly quiet herself and swiftly turn to distract Ophenia whilst Euthalia and Calliope have their moment, "So, Ophenia;" She'd begin, "Do you have any folks?" She asked, although the sylph only subtly tilted her head. "Folks? You mean my fans?" "No no, I mean like, Parents! Y'know? Mom, dad..." "Oh—" Ophenia shook her head, looking to the ceiling with a smile.

"O- oh, I'm sorry—" "Sylphid do not have a mother or father. Like in the many tall tales I have read of my kindred, we are born from death." Ophenia explained, Keone stared with her eyes widening. "What? But... how?" "Well, when a sylph... perishes; vestiges of their essence meeting the earth may create a polyp. That polyp collects air and mana in the vicinity and in time, petals will begin to detach from the polyp and float in the air for until they look similar to this body." Ophenia gestured to herself. "Hm." The naga would acknowledge, not wanting to pry into the specifics and details.

Once Euthalia and Calliope had presumably finished their romantic shenanigans, Ophenia giggled listening to the sylvari's question, "Oh, I do not indeed possess summoning abilities;" she informed, "Yet, I read in a book once that with a ritual board of letters and an adder stone, one can call upon spirits beyond this plane and talk with them!" The sylph smiled, "You usually ask questions which they can only answer in truth." Ophenia concurred, Keone raised her eyebrow. She was verily sceptical about the idea.

Ophenia was very excited about Euthalia's ideas, although a slight bit disappointed that she couldn't do the rooting as the sylvari explained. Although, the sylph would gladly indulge in sharing scents; If Ophenia had a specific scent to begin with. She was air, so she simply smelled like what the air smelled like at present. "It is indeed a most lovely aroma!" Ophenia exclaimed, "When you're with Euthalia all the time, it's almost as if everything starts smelling worse when she's not 'ere." Keone commented, "That cannot be, every scent is an aroma worth enjoying!" Keone cringed at the thought, "You have not been stuck in a sewer, have you?" "I have once, indeed!" "What?" "Although... I cannot think of it fondly..." The sylph drooped, after all, it was when she became [Tainted]; where she first witnessed the fragility of mortals.

Ophenia tilted her head, "Sca- scary stories?" She placed a finger beneath her lip, "Why would one want to listen to something which is meant to terrify them?" The sylph questioned, she didn't understand why people would willing want to feel terrified. Her confusion increased when Calliope added that they shouldn't replicate sleeping together; "For what? I do not find anything wrong with sleeping together in one bed." She'd state, "Uhm, yeah you see... Uh," Keone nudged Euthalia, <"Euthalia, how would you explain it to her?"> She hissed.

Ophenia1.pngOn the topic of clothing, Ophenia smiled and nodded, "I see, smallclothes! Yes, that is logical!" She exclaimed as the chanteuse began to swiftly remove her earrings and brooch, placing both on the table. Keone's eyes immediately darted to the glittering jewellery, whilst Ophenia proceeded to remove her flats and gently placed them beneath the table, untying the ribbon in her hair, as she unbuttoned her corset and hid that too beneath the table. Finally, she untucked her blouse and let hang over her bloomers. "Tadah!" She excitedly sang, Keone being slightly startled as she was more interested in the jewels Ophenia left so unguarded on the table. "This shall suffice as smallclothes, yes?" Ophenia spun in jubilance.

"Now!" Ophenia crouched by the bed and pulled from underneath it... A board of dark quartz, with letters and symbols embossed into it. Ophenia went to the middle of the room and sat on the carpet, placing onto the board a glassy adder's stone. "It seemed you and you—" The sylph gestured to Euthalia and Keone, "Were quite interested in the summoning of those from yonder planes! So how about we try this first?" Ophenia said with a spark in her eyes. From the brief glimpses that Euthalia got of the board, she would have noticed the board was in [Sylvan] and did seem quite expertly made. "I was more concerned than anything, uhm—" She turned to Euthalia, "Does this actually work?" She'd inquire.

13.png

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Euthalia did not in the least expect Calliope to come with such a direct compliment, which she proceeded to hammer home in her attempts to explain herself. Eventually, Euthalia chuckled a little. “I'm glad you think that way, it makes it a lot easier to admit that I can't help admiring how adorable you look all the time.” She stated, feeling like she might as well make such a confession of her own. She gentle placed her hands upon Calliope's, as the later was covering her face, then moved them away so that she could look Calliope into her eyes. “It's a waste to hide such beautiful eyes.” She commented. One might even think she was looking a bit darker green in the face than normally, as she said it.

Thanks to her magical moment with Calliope, she'd missed the conversation about Sylph reproduction. Perhaps for the better. Also for the better was that the topic was brought back to summoning. “A ritual board to call upon the spirits? I see. It is not how I'd normally communicate with the Spirit King and his servants, but it might be an interesting method to try out.” She nodded to herself. “Let's do it!” She stated, actually fairly into the idea. “To have them able to only answer in truth should be rather intriguing as well.”

The compliment about her perfume was met with a smile. Scents were a Sylvari's pride and joy, after all. Even Keone seemed to know how to flatter Euthalia regarding them, although Euthalia also knew that this might just be the Naga's ploy to get away with 'borrowing' more of Ophenia's things later on. “If every scent was worth enjoying, it would make the effort of making extraordinarily pleasant scents worthless, would it not?” She tried asking the Sylph, wondering if Ophenia knew she might void her own compliment by making such a claim. “This one took growing some rather rare flowers over a long period, then condensing their scents with an equal amount of time and effort.”

Hearing that Ophenia wasn't up for scary stories was surprising. “Isn't feeling terrified part of the fun?” She recalled a few horror stories, although, come to think of it, she really doubted that non-Sylvari would understand them. “Although, come to think of it, would you ever be terrified of something?” She asked Ophenia, as she recalled the latter hadn't even reacted much to the risk of having a stalker. If that didn't scare the Sylph, Euthalia wondered what might.

A bit of a mischievous smile showed when Calliope and Keone got to the topic of sleeping in one bed. “<Are you sure you'd want it explained? Islwyn is too drunk, Calliope would be uncomfortable with it, I'll need to be rooting soon... So if you want someone to coil around for warmth, Ophenia might be your best chance. She seems to be almost made out of air, but perhaps it's warm and comfortable air.>” She replied to the Naga, wondering how the latter would reply. Otherwise, she had no clue what to say, as she didn't sleep and her clothing habits were questionable at best.

Out of the other things that Calliope had mentioned, one thing made her recall something. “There was this game, 'five leaves and a rock' we called it. Basically, everyone would have five leaves and a rock. Then, someone would make a statement, such as 'Never have I ever rooted in someone's garden.' If you did so, you have to discard one leaf. If you didn't do so, you get to keep it. Then the next person asks another one, until someone lost all their leaves. However, if you use the rock, you get to ask one person a yes or no question that they alone need to answer.” She explained, hoping it was clear enough. “It was pretty fun, from what I recall at least. It's been a really long time since I played such a thing.”

That said, when Ophenia pulled out the summoning board, she discard that option for something to try later. “Very well, let us see if the spirits shall answer our calls.” She stated, as she headed over to Ophenia. “Come on, it'll be fun~” She asked Calliope to join in as well.

As for Keone's question, Euthalia shrugged. “I'm sure the Spirit King and his immediate followers won't heed such a call, but the lesser spirits can be fickle creatures. Playing this type of game with us, especially on a board so well-crafted as this one, seems like a likely thing for them to do. We'd just need some of them to be around to find us and wanting to join in on the fun. I'd normally set-up a ceremony to lure them and ask them to join us, but that would take a while.”

Calliope-See-Bishri 3.png
Calliope

Calliope's heart skipped a beat at Euthalia's words, but before she could fall to deep into that pit, she recalled the others present. "O-Oh, mmhhmm. A ritual board sounds neat, mmhhmm. I have only ever summoned things with the aid of Potions, I am curious how such a thing would work, mmhhmm. I do enjoy seeing what beings I call forth to make friends with for a short while, mmhhmm." Calliope hurried over, reluctant to release Euthalia's hand.

Calliope quite enjoyed the scents Euthalia's flowers gave off, but complimenting them at this moment, with everyone around, after their very public displays already... she couldn't bring herself to say it. Though the process of refining the scents into a perfume fascinated her, she made a mental note to discuss it with Euthalia later. Actually, she wondered if she could get some of the nectar to experiment with. She had, after all, already drank Euthal- she turned red as she shook the thought out of her head. Maybe that wasn't a good idea. Ophenia's reaction to her time in the sewer also seemed like a topic to avoid, no matter how curious Calliope was to know.

She smiled at the mention of Euthalia's game. That sounded fun and not dissimilar to a game the children in the village used to play. But it seemed the ritual board was first up. She went happily with Euthalia over to Ophenia. She was about to sit down when she paused. "Oh, right, mmhhmm." She had been wearing more formal attire since arriving in Bishri, her normal work vestments stored with Mirabelle. She undid the high collar of the narrow tight dress, and removed the buttons until she was down to her small clothes, setting the garments to the side and taking a seat next to Ophenia. "Honestly it is nice to get out of those, mmhhmm. They are quite beautiful, and less revealing then the ones I got in Refara's Sound, but they are very restricting and stiff, mmhhmm. I prefer more room and utility, mmhhmm." She smiled at Ophenia then turned to Euthalia, patting the spot next to her.

Time: 12:55

• Character Goals:

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • {"Sylvan"}
    • <"Beastial">

Remember Skyless Days
The sylph would shake her head, "You may perceive it so, yet;" Ophenia clasped together her hands, "The hard work and intricate methods taken to produce an exemplary scent means that it is a scent filled with feeling, experiences and memories. It would feel all the more beautiful to be enveloped in such a scent." She explained, She again shook her head, "It is true, I have not much to fear..." Ophenia lowered her head slightly, brushing a lock of hair out of her face, "My only fear is a world where no one smiles, laughs or find joy in anything at all..." She quieted, lifting her head and placing a finger on her lip, "And being lonely." She glanced to Euthalia with a smile, "Gladly, these things are both impossible." Said she dismissively.

KEONE.jpgKeone looked at Euthalia raising a hand inorder to object but slowly lowering it as she instead began thinking it over, resting her head on her palm for the moment. "<You're not half wrong...>" She looked at Ophenia, "<It'd be like sleeping with a big person-shaped pillow... Made of air.>" She winced a bit though, as it seemed another thought crossed her mind and she looked at Euthalia, "<I squeeze her too hard and she just... disappears? Or turns into blobs of floating Ophenia—>" Keone questioned before just brushing off the thought, "Never mind, Islwyn's hugged her harder. I think."

Ophenia's sparkled at the game Euthalia mentioned, "Is that not just the wind's wings! That sounds like a splendid game—" She clapped gently, "After we meet with the spirits, we can play 'five leaves and a rock, then—" Ophenia gestured to Euthalia with an open palm, "since you said it was part of the fun, we can tell scary stories!" She remarked, as Keone slithered near and coiled opposite of the sylph. "Fine, as long as we're not summoning anything... like... dangerous?" Ophenia chuckled, "Why would the spirits be dangerous?" Ophenia placed the adder stone unto the star symbol in the top centre of the board, over the star symbol.

Ophenia1.png"I must agree;" Ophenia smiled at Calliope, "Stiffer and tighter clothing often causes my body to be warped in unpleasant feeling ways. The better clothing flutters in the gale, the more lovely it is to wear— I find chiffon most splendid, it can be embroidered with the most gorgeous patterns!" The sylph remarked, to which Keone raised eyebrow. It seemed the sylph forgot to mention how ridiculously expensive chiffon was. "If it means anything to you, I can lend you some of my clothes! They should be less restricting and also beautiful~ Ah! We could maybe go out to a tailor together and see what they could procure!" The sylph proposed excitedly.

Being up close, The group would be able to take note of the three symbols at the top—The sun, the star (eight points) and the moon. "When I read about this in the book, it said that the sun meant affirmation; the star meant faith and the moon meant refutation." Quoth the sylph, as she place one finger of both her hands unto the adder stone. "First, we must rest both our index fingers unto the adder stone." She informed, and once everyone placed their fingers on the stone; "Then one must ask, in sylvan... uhm..." The sylph cleared her throat, "{Is aught 'ere?}" Her pronunciation of sylvan was... much to be desired, and her pitch was too high and overall came off a bit archaic. Something common with more elder fae...

"Did it wor—" Keone's eyes widened, she was compelled to her hands off and point to the mirror behind Ophenia, but something frigid pushed down upon everyone's fingers and slowly pulled the stone to the closer to Euthalia, stopping on the symbol of the sun. "Ahh! That means yes!" Ophenia excitedly squealed as she glanced to Euthalia, "What should we ask? Oh—" She nervously chuckled, "Miss Eu-tha-li-ah♪ should ask the questions since she's most fluent in [Sylvan] haha~ Only one person should ask the questions." The sylph stated. "Girls, girls—" "Yes?" "The mirror." "It's quite pretty isn't it?" "Th- that's not what I meant..." Her eyes swivelled to Euthalia and Calliope and then back to the mirror.

In the mirror, was reflected the visage of an elven woman wearing a white dress. Swathes of silvery-gold hair floated in the reflection as if though she were lying in a pond, her eyes half-lidded in an emerald gleam as though she had just woken from oversleeping. Skin white as the freshly fallen snow, her cheeks muddle with rosettes of a pallid red. This description of her does no justice, ignore everything I just said. All which glittered within the room became dull and sad in comparison to the woman in the mirror, one see the posy of flowers in the vase and all the potted anemones drooping their heads in shame. They were too embarrassed to be called the children of beauty itself, one could even swear the flowers were blushing pink.

14.png

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Euthalia was genuinely surprised when Ophenia suddenly sounded... wise? Had the Sylph already conjured up a spirit and been possessed by it? Surely that was the only way to explain how Ophenia managed to make such a wise-sounding statement as her explanation of crafting perfume. Luckily enough, Euthalia figured out the catch. 'Scent' was the key-word there. Not perfume. Ophenia might say such a thing about any random scent. That made it sound a whole lot less wise. Even so, the initial thought was nice. “That does sound like it would make for an exemplary description of how us Sylvari tend to make our perfumes.”

The next statements pulled a bit at her Heart strings. Was it due to her Heart Seed's returning that she couldn't help herself from feeling a bit odd upon Ophenia's admittance of fearing to be lonely? Possibly. She ended up giving a smile at Ophenia stating it was impossible. “Of course it's impossible, as you can always sent word for us if you are in danger of being lonely.” She stated with confidence. Despite how odd she was, something about Ophenia had genuinely made Euthalia want to ensure she'd never feel alone. “We'll come visit right away, right, Calliope?” She asked the cat, not even realising how much she took it for granted that she'd be spending the future together with Calliope.

Euthalia was following Keone's train of thought a little too well, as she shortly imagined the snake coiling the Fae until she'd just float away... That wasn't the greatest thought. “<She did indeed survive Islwyn going all-out...>” She chuckled. “<So she's already proven us that she's a lot sturdier than we might expect her to be.>”

A surprisingly child-like smile adorned her face as her game plan was accepted. This was bringing back a lot of memories from her youth. Something about the atmosphere made her feel a lot younger again. “That'll be great~” She was a bit less sure about the scary stories, but they'd get there when they'd get there.

Euthalia didn't comment regarding the clothing. What could she even say? Perhaps; 'I like my leaves green and my skin greener?' Or perhaps; 'Sometimes I don't wear anything and nobody even notices the difference.' She doubted either option would add much to the conversation. All in all, such a topic was far better left to the others.

Sitting down next to Calliope with a gentle smile, she placed both her fingers upon the adder stone. She was confused at what Ophenia was even trying to say in Sylvan. “Did you mean to ask {is anyone there}?” She asked.

She was a bit sceptical when the stone started moving, wondering if anyone was pushing it for the fun of it. Ophenia's excitement as she shouted out trying to mimic Keone's voice for some reason suggested it wasn't her, at least. She sighed upon being delegated to ask questions. What would she even ask a spirit? Normally, you'd ask the spirits four guidance, strength, courage. To be talked about in a good manner in the Spirit King's court. None of those seemed to fit the situation. If this was a lesser spirit, what would she even ask it? Most of them were tricksters, after all.

“I'll try come up with something.” She replied. She couldn't, so she just decided to go with something basic. “{Are you doing well?}” She'd ask the spirit. Even a trickster spirit might be answering that one honestly.

She was a bit surprised when Keone started talking about the mirror. “That is... peculiar.” She stated, upon seeing what Keone was seeing. She already knew her next question, however, as she saw her. “{Are you the woman whom we found sleeping in the Glade, before the Gardner forced us to leave?}” She asked, as she couldn't help see some faint resemblances.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back