• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Stonewall Town] Beauty's In The Eye Of The Beholder

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it.

What to expect out of character:
Daily posting pace where possible, 2 rounds a week (Wednesdays and weekends) if not. Likely meeting somewhere in the middle. Focus will be on creative usage of the set-up narration and interaction with NPC's.

What to expect in character:
Ryan Kylieth ends up finding himself in a peculiar situation his girlfriend Aileen ended up suddenly asking him to meet up in the morning, just outside of Stonewall.

Barony NPC 1x1 RP's
There are a lot of people (NPC's) in the barony by now. That is not a coincidence. I've been trying to establish a lot of NPC's, not just to flesh out the area and add some flavour, but also to offer the following option: 1x1 RP's with the barony NPC's.

These are intended to be:
1 – Relative short. (Up to two months at most, more likely between 2 weeks and a month).
2 – Easy to jump into. Find an NPC you want to interact with or a goal to achieve that could fit into the Caelia Barony and you'll be hooked up.
3 – Light-hearted. They won't have too much deep lore/plot. Just a PC, an NPC and a common goal to achieve (examples; defeat wolf, craft sword, chat about the weather, learn how to poor tea).

What you stand to gain:
1 – An RP tailored to your liking with flexible pacing (daily at its fastest so long as both sides are able to keep it up, with potential moments of back-to-back posting, weekly at its slowest).
2 – A direct way to achieve a specific goal, such as: Forge a sword. Gain F-rank Adventurer's Guild connection. Learn Etiquette. Spent some time gossiping.
3 – A narrator willing to help you come up with ideas. I like brainstorming if you want to try out something, but don't have something specific yet.

What I stand to gain:
1 – More RP options outside of my own characters.
2 – Fleshing out the barony and its NPC's even more.
3 – Hopefully giving people some short, yet fun RP's.
4 – A few extra points from running a lot of RP's, which I'll likely reinvest in barony assets/companions through my character (baroness) Regula Caelia.

Limits:
1 - There's only so much I can do alone. If too many people show interest, I'll have to create a waiting list or find others to join in on this idea (preferably with NPC's of their own, to ensure NPC's stay somewhat consistent in their behaviour).
2 – Grand goals, deep lore, posting paces longer than weekly or desires for very long-lasting RP's likely won't fit this format.
3 – I'm planning to offer some level quality, but this is also very much a quantity thing. If I somehow offer a life-changing RP that'd be great, but that'd not be the goal with these. The goal is some good and simple fun.

Just Outside of Stonewall
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Just outside of Capital Town: Stonewall.
Time: Early morning. Weather: A little chilly.
718a14e07104a0b12e72b0d0c11fc2a7.png
Mentions: Ryan Valkan Valkan

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

Aileen was in high spirits. Not only had it been a while since she'd properly gotten to hang out with Ryan (or dare she say; go on a date?), she had a rather exciting 'event' planned for him. One that she'd learned Ryan liked about by accident, but had been pleasantly surprised by. With some luck, what she had planned would be appreciated. Now, she just needed to wait for him to show. It was a bit chilly so she paced around in circles to stay warm. Totally not due to being a little nervous about this. Totally not that. Not at all... maybe a little. Anyhow, it shouldn't be long now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan Kylieth

Ryan was dropped off by a passing by merchant on his home town a couple of nights ago. He went straight to his bed that night. He was physically, and quite a bit more mentally exhausted from his adventure in Carbon. Though it also showed him why his work was needed. A shame he was still lacking in funds for his own take on a hextech weapon... Though the next morning was quite better, and relieved his body and soul. He didn't get to see Aileen much, but she set up set something for him. Ryan was so excited, he went to sleep extra early to have some quality time with his precious girlfriend.

The next day, again, Aileen was off somewhere. Most likely at the spot she told him about yesterday. Picking a few things up on his way out, Ryan left for the meeting point. Spotting Aileen pacing around in circles. Had he kept her waiting for too long? With that thought in mind, he picked up the pace. Aileen would soon see Ryan sporting a bright smile.

Ryan ran the last bit between them, embracing Aileen as he lifted her off the ground. After a few seconds, Ryan put her down, still holding her. "I missed you so much!" and that's when it dawned on him that he may be doing a bit much with his excitement, so he stepped back. "...Ahem! Sorry about that... Anyway! here you go, a gift from my trip." Extending his hand to Aileen, Ryan showed a small wrapper. Within the wrapper, a small ball of chocolate ready to eat emanated a sweet aroma that would reach her nose in seconds. "So, what's the plan for today?"

Last edited:
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Just outside of Capital Town: Stonewall.

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

She was rather surprised when she got scooped up, cheecks burning a bright red, but something made her feel particularily brave today, so she quickly planted a kiss upon his lips before he treated. "T-that's.. alright." She said, as she was surprised to obtain a gift. She looked at it a little confused. It smelled nice, but it was something she'd never seen before and it's colour was a bit odd. Pretty mud-like. She'd look at him with questioning eyes, unsure of whether to eat or just smell it.

As for the plans for the day, she smiled. "That's a surprise, but it should be clear soon~ We're just waiting on someone who promised to teach us something~" She teased, expecting the arrival sooner rather than later. "In the meantime, why don't you tell me what you've been up too?" She'd ask. She hadn't gone through much herself, except that really weird meat-eating thing, but she could tell Ryan about that later.

Ryan Kylieth

"..." Ryan froze in shock for an instant upon feeling the soft and warm touch of Aileen's lips on his own, red as a tomato. He tried to recover from it as he showed his gift, his voice came out a tad shaky, however. Trying to get over the kiss, and noticing Aileen's confusion upon seeing the candy, Ryan explained "It's called chocolate. A soft candy that melts in your mouth." with an attentive smile, he continued"Go ahead, give it a try".

"A surprise, huh? sounds exciting." Ryan exclaimed enthusiastically, even though the part where they were waiting on someone didn't have him that amused. Regardless, it was clear Aileen put dedication on this, and he wasn't going to take that away from her. "Oh, me?" Ryan answered, genuinely surprised. Only his father would bother to ask him questions like that one, so he really appreciated the gesture. "Well, I went looking for money to buy some mythril. So I did a couple of odd jobs, but I didn't manage to gather much. And, since... I..." the red would reappear on his face. "... I missed you, I decided to come back. I'll ask the Baroness for advice on that, if I manage to get some of her time later."

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

After receiving her instructions, she put the chocolate in her mouth, only to be surprised by its flavour. It'd looked like mud, so she honestly expected it to have the same taste and texture. This, however, was far better. "Oh... I like it!" She'd reply.

She nodded instantly when Ryan mentioned buying mithril. "I know exactly what you mean! I once accidentally overheated a piece of mithril, not even a big piece either, but dad got so mad he called it 'bad' just then and there. Since then I've been three times as careful when working with it." The trauma of her dad using a full word to reprimand her was still fresh in her memories.

"It's a shame you didn't gather much though. Business has been rather slow here as well. Just the usuals tools and here and there some things for folk adventuring in Yemaya." She explained, not having had anything interesting going on when it came to work either. "Although there's a new chef in town! A pig man named Todo! He's pretty cool and cooks these really weird dishes called burgers and fries that are really tasty! We should go try them sometime!"

As she was waiting for Ryan's reply, the form of a [beast] woman carrying what seemed to be some sort of weird wooden contraptions and a basked of stuff came into view in the distance.

???
v0RMYjD.png

sNPPku9.png

Ryan Kylieth

"Glad you do!" Ryan happily commented. It was great to know that his money was well spent on that small treat. As for the mithril, Ryan whistled, shocked "A whole word? Geez. That sounds harsh." After some thinking of his own trip to Yemaya, Ryan answered "Hm... Yeah. Being honest, the tranquil mood of Stonewall is refreshing. And you are here, so that makes it even better!" with enthusiasm, reddening slightly from his own words. He needs to work in his confidence when complimenting his girlfriend.

"Burgers and fries?" The words sounded vaguely familiar "Yeah, I'd like to try them out with you..." Ryan's voice trailed off as he noticed faint footsteps coming their way, behind him "Is that who we're waiting for?" he asked, curious.

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

"It's true! A full word!" She replied back. Truly, what a catastrophic punishment. That said, the next part made her blush a little, but not enough to make her abstain from answering in kind. “It wasn't as good while you were away though.” That was all she dared say, as she kind fell silent afterwards.

She was glad the food talk formed a distraction. “Oh, no, I debated it, but it'd just get cold. I found something even better though! Look, there she is!” She pointed at the woman in the distance. “Good morning miss Averie!” She called out, waving the woman over.

Averie
v0RMYjD.png

sNPPku9.png

“Ah, good morning Aileen!” She called back, heading over and putting down what turned out to be easels, canvasses and painting supplies. “So you must be Ryan, then? I'm Averie, a friend of Rosalia's, here from the capital to take a break from sculpting and get into painting instead for a while.” She explained, or well, partially explained, as it still wasn't clear how she knew Aileen or why she was hear. Though perhaps Ryan could put 1 and 1 together. Either way, that seemed to be all she'd say for now, whilst Aileen was just awaiting to see Ryan's reaction.

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan bashfully smiled as Aileen fired a compliment back, but didn't want to keep that ball rolling since they could end up... Anyway! "Even... Better?" Ryan's curiosity was quite piqued by that statement. He wondered what could they do all the way out here. As he pondered on that thought, Aileen greeted the stranger.

The artist, Averie, greeted Aileen with energy. It was then that Ryan actually noticed what she was carrying. Painting materials and supplies? He got a bit lost in how these things involved him, though they did remind him of the times he tried painting his drawings. That was mostly unsatisfactory, since he almost always ruined his own works. Nevertheless, Ryan smiled. As it was a really kind gesture from Aileen which she must have picked up at some conversation they had without even noticing. Be it watch a proper professional showing off her skills, or a private class.

It was then that he noticed he spent a hot second smiling at the pile of art supplies. "Oh! Ah... Sorry about that. Yes, I am Ryan. Nice meeting you, M-Miss Averie" now smiling awkwardly.

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

After the introductions between Averie and Ryan, Aileen was quick to find her voice again. “Oh, right, I met her when asking miss Rosalia about something. She told me she was here to make sketches and I recalled you liked drawing and I asked about it and well... ehm... well... here we are...” She'd gotten a bit overexcited in her explanation as she realised it was already pretty clear what they were about to do here.

Averie
v0RMYjD.png

sNPPku9.png

Averie just laughed it off. “That's right~ Nice to meet you too, Ryan. Well then, I assume you two have no experience other than maybe drawing the occasional sketch for a new weapon or tool?” She'd ask, as she started putting up the easels.

Aileen would shake her head 'no' and look at Ryan, wondering if he did have some know-how, as she didn't think she'd ever actually asked.

Ryan Kylieth

"Oh?... Really? It's a very kind gesture. Thank you, Aileen!" He automatically went to give her a big hug, along with a bright smile. It only lasted for a few seconds, as Averie's existence returned to Ryan's mind. So he jumped back in a panic, and turned to the sculptor. Clearing his throat to try and get rid of the knot that was made in it, from the sheer embarrassment "... S-S-Sorry about that..." red as a tomato. "Aaaaaaaaanyway! I, uh... I have also made sketches of people, buildings, and landscapes. They're not that good, but they are soothing to make"

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

She got a bit flustered, not from the hug, but from the company. She too, was overly aware of Averie's presence, almost making her regret this current plan.

Averie
v0RMYjD.png

sNPPku9.png

The woman in question, however, didn't seem to mind at all, as she kept setting up stuff. “Hmm?” She was a bit surprised when she heard Ryan apologising, but nodded after he explained his previous experience. “Oh, that sounds promising. We'll be able to drive straight into it, in that case.”

She handed over some painting supplies to Ryan and Aileen. “Well then, we've got a good-looking scenery around. Your first task is to figure out what you want to draw. Try to imagine the landscape on your canvas, like you're already framing it. Then, once you're settled, you can draw a few basic lines to indicate the rough shapes of the area. The horizon, the major features like trees and big rocks. That should get you a solid start.” She explained, as she went on to do just that with her own easel, putting it down after finding a spot from which she wanted to start drawing.

Aileen was quick to start taking this surprisingly seriously. Perhaps she wanted to make a good impression to Ryan?

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan breathed with peace in his heart. As it seemed like Averie missed his slip-up. Pretending nothing occurred at that moment, Ryan took the utensils and set his easel. He glanced over at Aileen, who seemed quite into it already. Not wanting to bother the two ladies at work, he silently got to work on his own. He started throwing some initial lines, not going too in depth yet. Without even noticing fully, he had added the shape of a person near the lower right corner of his frame. He didn't want to undo the whole area of his sketch. It really wasn't hard to think of a good mental model. As he gave more detail not only to the landscape, but to the small Aileen admiring it from within, which found herself outfitted in a dress, he found himself quite entertained. A small smile signaled his mood, he truly enjoyed it.

Averie
v0RMYjD.png

sNPPku9.png

“Hmmm.... Not too bad.” Ryan would hear from behind him all of a sudden, as Averie leaned over his shoulder to look at what he'd been working at. “Although if you take the tree here as a baseline, you can imagine lines going from there to here as the horizon, which should make it easier to keep everything more proportional, especially when adding depth to your sketch.” She said, putting light dots on the canvas at various places to give him a few pointers, after which she'd head over to Aileen to give her similar instructions.

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

Aileen was considerably startled and almost drew a full line across her canvas from the sudden voice, but after recovering, she nodded, with a face almost as serious as when she was smithing she set back to her lines and sketches.

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan slightly popped off when he heard Averie behind him, which he tried to move on from by quickly answering to her advice. "Y-Yes, Ma'am" Ryan tried to follow the instruction, but he wasn't quite sure on how to approach it. So far, the foreground of Aileen in a dress and the tree were looking solid, for a novice, at least; but the back ground wasn't quite up there yet. That said, his eyes did give him quite an advantage, so just perhaps, this might turn out alright. Only time would tell.

Ryan stole a glance at Aileen, she was quite focused, and appeared quite determined. He wondered how was she faring, but decided to let her be. That level of concentration she was displaying wasn't to be ignored.

Time: Around 12:00 Weather: A little chilly.

Averie
v0RMYjD.png

sNPPku9.png

As time went on, Averie would give them a few more pointers here and there, until she finally nodded. “We'll, that's about all I can teach you. You'll have to figure out the rest yourselves, unless you want to learn how to make sculptures from wood as well.” She laughed at her own joke, before turning to Ryan and whispering. “Don't worry, I'll leave her all to you now~” She said, having caught up on how it wasn't really the scenery that kept catching Ryan's attention. “Do be a dear and drop the supplies off at the keep later, when you're done with them~” She'd say, before picking up her own easel and heading back off to town with it.

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

“Ah, goodbye miss Averie! Thanks for teaching us!” She'd call out, barely even having registered anything she'd said due to how focussed she'd been on her task. However, now that she'd snapped out of it, another thing pulled her interest. What would Ryan have sketched by now? She'd head over to try and get a glimpse of it. “How'd your sketching go? I think I finally got some depth into my painting, but I'm not sure. It's tougher than I thought it would be.” She admitted.

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan continued to silently work in his sketch, taking note of the pointers Averie gave him. Time flew by as he worked in his sketch. And then suddenly, Averie seemed to have finished with the lesson, which took him out of his focus bordering on a trance. Ryan put down his tools, and looked over at the artist, just in time for catching her discreet comment. "...Yes, Miss Averie. And thank you!" he answered, managing to keep a poker face through some sort of miracle.

And just like that, he was alone with Aileen again. She excitedly approached to glance at Ryan's work. Oblivious to what his work showed, he showed it to her. "Here, take a look!" Ryan said carelessly. While his work was pretty average overall, in the corner, staring at that average scenery, stood a beautiful lady. A pristine figure, fitted with an equally beautiful dress. Who was she though? Well, it might take a moment to process, but the lady in gray was none other than Aileen. Ryan stood there for most of his time drawing, trying to catch how Aileen appears in his eyes.

Time: Around 12:00 Weather: A little chilly.

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

It didn't take long for Aileen to spot where most of Ryan's attention had gone towards while sketching. However, it did take her a bit to realise just who or what that was. She looked from his canvas to the spot she'd been painting from. Then from the spot she'd been painting form to his canvas. Her face turned slightly red. “I-I think we should've asked to draw por-portraits. She tried to joke, forgetting she was a little too shy to do so and just sounding a bit awkward.

She figured she needed a distraction. Luckily enough, she had one! She quickly ran over to her pack and took out a basket with some sandwiches, a bottle of milk, two cups and two apples. “I made us lunch! I got some sandwich ideas from mister Todo, the new chef, so they should be good! Why don't you tell me a bit about your adventures while on those odd jobs?” She said triumphantly, revealing some of the good stuff:

boeren-achterham-en-jonge-kaas-gezond-broodje.jpg

Ryan Kylieth

Why would she ask for that? Ryan thought. This was followed by another question formulating in his head. Why is she so nervous all of a sudden? Ryan then turned to his work and quickly caught on, very much like his face flushing. He didn't even do it on purpose, he was just doing what his head pictured. Which in hindsight, makes a lot of sense. "Hehe... Yeah" Ryan responded in an equally awkward response. Wait, did that mean Aileen also added him to her work? He'd ask, but Ryan figured it was not the time.

Aileen masterfully diverted the focus of the conversation away from the paintings, and into food. In all honesty, what she picked out the basket looked amazing, which made him a bit wary of this Todo guy, with all the talk about him... Deep, deep down. Ryan wasn't much of the jealous type, especially so because he trusted Aileen with all his heart. "Should we just, sit right here and eat?" the smith asked, wondering if his girlfriend had even more surprises in store for him. The stories can wait, he wanted Aileen's plans to go exactly as she intended.

Time: Early afternoon Weather: Nice breeze, sunshine

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

The awkward silence continued for a bit after Ryan responded. If he'd check her canvas, he'd notice he wasn't on there. Her tone of voice had suggested that would've been different should she have started now. His question took her off guard, enough so to shock her a little bit. Had she been thinking about this with too little effort? “Is... is that not good enough?” She'd ask, rather worried. Had she forgotten something? Was the view not nice enough? Did he not eat bread? Should she have brought chairs..? A lot of questions went through her mind as he'd asked a question that made her thing she was missing something.

To make matters worse, she was catching on to the fact that he'd remained silent about those odd jobs. Was he avoiding the topic? Why would he do that... “You know you can talk to me, right... if you want. Even if they're not good stories from those odd-jobs, if it's about what you've been through, I'd like to know it.” She stated, a little shy, yet with some conviction. If this was going to work out, they'd need to be able to talk to each-other openly right?

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan stepped back, panicked "Oh! no, no, no. This place is completely fine! Don't worry!" having said that, he took a deep breath and sat down "Now then, come here and sit with me!" Ryan exclaimed, trying to compensate for his blunder.

It was not over for Ryan though. As he had given Aileen the impression he was hiding something from her. Panicked, he scrambled for words yet again. "It's- it's not that. I promise." He extended his hand to Aileen for her to grab her as she sat down, while also gently pulling her close to him. "I traveled up north. In the way I did some small jobs here and there. Helping with crops, guarding cattle, a couple of blacksmithing jobs, believe it or not." Ryan sighed "Then there was Carbon... My last stop before coming back here. I was tangled with capturing some gang terrorizing the locals" The memory of Stella's bloodied hands came to mind. "It was not pretty... But the job was done by the end of the night".

Trying to get that memory off his head, he decided to point out a fun part of his trip. "Oh! Oh! I managed to unlock the power of my eye! Or maybe, I should say, eyes. It works for both." It was then that a realization struck him. "I... Haven't shown you my eye, have I?" Ryan asked, while tapping his eyepatch.

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

She was relieved when he told her she hadn't messed up like she feared for a moment, as she sat down next to him. Even so, she wasn't sure what to think we he told her 'it wasn't that' as it made her wonder, 'then what is it' whether she liked to or not. That thought was quickly pushed to the background when he reached for her hand, stopping just short of grabbing it. When she reached for it, however, he'd pull her close, which made her wonder why she'd ever been worried to begin with.

Even so, she was glad to hear him talk a bit more. “Carbon? Is that still in Sadek County?” She honestly hadn't heard of it ever before. However, what he said next worried her a little. “That sound really dangerous!” She realised she'd called that out louder than intended. “Sorry, I mean, I trust you know what you're doing. I'm glad you managed to help out there, even if it was dangerous.” Still, the thought of Ryan going off to fight dangerous criminals wasn't exactly soothing. Should she be worried every time he went away, from now on? Perhaps she should be. No, whether she should or not wasn't the issue. She knew she would be.

That worry was fading to the background when he suddenly started talking about his eyes. “Your eyes..?” She had a tough time keeping up. Upon asking if he'd shown her, she shook her head. “I ehh...” this was a little embarrassing to admit. ”I always assumed you'd just lost the other one complete and that it was just hollow. I wanted to ask, one day, how you'd lost it, but... well...” it wasn't really something you'd just up and ask.

Ryan Kylieth

"Nope. Ironwright." Ryan casually answered as he took a bite off his apple, trying to sound cool. But Aileen's cry of concern took the wind out of his sails. "I... Ah..." He was rendered speechless. Thankfully, Aileen dialed it down. "... Sorry for worrying you... And thanks for believing in me." he said with a shy smile.

Leaving worry aside, the conversation flowed to Ryan's eyes. "Oh... Yeah. I mean, it's the most likely thing to see under an eyepatch, isn't it?" he laughed nervously. "But no, my eye is just very sensitive to light. So it hurts to see directly with it for too long. Thankfully now that I unlocked their power, it isn't as painful. Come here, have a look!" Ryan offered to Aileen.

They were rather close already, so as they moved forward (Or just Ryan, if Aileen didn't want to) Ryan slowly pulled his eyepatch up, revealing something fascinating. For starters, it wasn't the same color as his other eye. It was a very faint shade of gray. Though that was not the fascinating part. Its iris resembled a crystal, with light bouncing around from edge to edge within the eye, resulting in it looking like a gem shining under the bright sky. While Aileen was distracted with that, or so he hoped, Ryan took his chance to close the distance and steal a long kiss from her.

Ryan retracted quickly, with his eyepatch falling into place on its own. "Sorry, I... couldn't resist."

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

Ironwright... Ironwright... “Oh, that's near the border with the Republic, right? In the north?” She suddenly recalled. Her geography wasn't too great, but she knew that much! She returned his smile when he apologised for worrying her. Of course she'd believe in him! Even though that didn't stop her from worrying.

As for the eye-patch, she nodded. “I've never heard of that happening to only one eye...” She mumbled. She recalled some species with eyes that were sensitive to light, but for Humans to have it, and only in one eye? That was new to her. That said, she was definitely curious.

Of course she'd have a look! That said, she did blush up again when she got so close to his face. The grey shade in his eye made her think he'd gone blind in it, if he hadn't told her otherwise moments prior. More interesting, however, was the weird shape of his iris. She looked into it and tried to make sense of it, but before she could, she suddenly found all thoughts halted by the kiss.

Accepting her fate, she returned it, but once he retracted again, she had a mischievous smile. “Don't worry, I'll get you back for that one~” She spoke, having found a new 'courage' somewhere. Even so, she was still fascinated by what she'd just seen. “So, why is your eye like that? And what is that power you mentioned?”

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan nodded as he took another bite of the apple "Right you are, I hitched rides to Carbon and all the way back" he said, as he then continued to eat the apple and the conversation moved along.

"Yeah, me neither" Ryan answered to Aileen's thought. "That must be why kids in the village I grew up in never really played with me, and made fun of me... Wait, I have told you that before." The smith laughed "So, you'd still hit them with your hammer?"

Then, after their kiss, Ryan blushed. He was expecting a shy reaction, and Aileen was doing quite the opposite of that with her smile, and her comment made it even more apparent. "I'm... looking forward to it" He replied, with a meek smile on his pinkish face. Though embarrassed, Ryan was happy that Aileen was growing to be more comfortable around him, and the feeling was mutual. Now, what were they talking about? Right, his eyes.

"I honestly don't know. It's been like this since I can remember. My father says the same." This could've been a good moment to bring up that he is from other world... If he remembered. Which was not the case. He had spoken about it with his adoptive father, but honestly he was so young he might as well be from this world. Anyway. "As for what I can do, well, I can do a lot of things actually. I can see in all directions, in the dark, really far, in slow motion, through things, and a few other powers. Pretty nice, isn't it?" He said, reaching for his sandwich.

Aileen
tHgPf8F.png

“Wow... it must have been pretty cool to see all of the country like that.” She said, wondering just how much he'd have seen by traversing the entire country like that, rather than paying a small fortune for a portal.

A slightly devious smile adorned her face on the topic of hitting bullies with her hammer. “Now more so than ever!” She proudly proclaimed. Those bullies would definitely know what hit them. The full justice force of her mighty hammer. That's what. Still, she shook her head. “I can't believe they'd make fun of something so cool though.” Kids were idiots, she figured.

That said, when Ryan replied meekly, just admitting he was looking forwards to the payback, she lost her momentary courage a bit and started to blush herself. That was not how that was supposed to go! Well... Fine! She'd get back at him! Eventually!

It was surprising, however, to hear that he'd just been born with it. Even more surprising was the large amount of stuff he could do with it. “Wait, in all directions? Like, through the back of your own head? How does that work? Does that mean you can see behind you right now? Wait, in the dark... far... Slow motion? T-through... things?” That was a lot. A whole lot. An insane lot. “That's a whole lot! It's almost like it's similar to a really high grade enchanted weapon or something!” That was the closest she could compare it to. The stuff the baroness was using, perhaps, or the stuff she'd seen her dad make for really rich customers every so often.

As for Ryan's sandwich, he would likely taste an 'otherworldly' taste to it, considering the condiments and methods used were following Todo's modern example of using mayonnaise and whatnot. Even the bread was made differently, being more fluffy. Considering this wasn't even the chef's own cooking, but merely things made following his example, it might be a bit more clear why Aileen had been so impressed by him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back