• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] A Purchase From the Would Be Queen

Regula

Regula shrugged at the remark. “Perhaps I just like to cover my bases well.” She wasn't planning to give away much more. She did, however, pause her work to listen to the story she'd managed to pry loose. “I'm not sure if I fully understand it, as I'm not sure what you mean by 'at the tables' nor do I understand the function of looking like a bunny there, but I can admit that it sounds rough.” With the odd terminology mixed in, Regula was almost entirely convinced she was talking to someone in the same situation as her. “I take it you're also someone granted a second attempt in this world, then?”

Rachael Meredith

1646664374538.png

Rachael started naming off what everything meant. "I meant the guys were gambling. Playing cards. Dude was just unlucky or really stupid. As for the bunny thing, I was there as eye candy. Something for the guys to check out to make them want to stay longer while I served them drinks. I modeled my current outfit off of the one I wore," She motioned to the dice and bunny ears in her hair and the tail on the dress. "because I wanted to empower myself more, because this time when people grope me or the like while I'm wearing it, I can actually knock their blocks off without getting fucking fired."

She walked up to the work station, placing a hand on the table as she leaned down, her face coming close to the other girl's. "So, you now know how I ended up here, but you said 'also.' I don't suppose I could get clued in on how you ended up here?"

Regula

”That...” Regula started, but wasn't sure what to say, until she went with the plain and simple. “That's an odd, but understandable reason.” The part that Regula didn't get was why the establishment didn't just hire hookers, but she didn't mention it. As it were, Regula was just about to start re-attaching the 'tail' to the outfit. “I was about to suggest leaving this off, as it'd just get in the way, but considering the backstory I guess I'll be putting it back on then?”

As for the counter-question, Regula gave her a mischievous smile. “Perhaps I just know some other people like you, which means I'm just a humble blacksmith for extraordinary customers~”

Rachael Meredith

1646664374538.png

Her eyes went to the tail, her face showing mock insult. "I think the tail looks cute! That, the dice, and the ears all make the outfit look twenty times cuter! I wouldn't wear the outfit without it!" After that little statement, she couldn't help but chuckling, returning the mischievous smile as she replied, "Mhm~ Though you can't have a plan to become nobility and then claim to be humble, sweet stuff. So, how bout you tell me your actual story~?"

Regula

Regula shrugged, as she went on to get the tail back on. Truth be told, it was more difficult than she liked to show, as the whole process was a lot more tailor-based than blacksmith-based, but with some metal wires, she got it on. She just needed to make sure it wouldn't end up stinging Rachael's behind whenever she sat down, so she made sure to bend any bends and bits nicely away into the rest of the armour.

“My actual story might come at a higher cost than my wares~” Regula hadn't entirely decided on how much she wanted Rachael to know. She then decided to test something. “Well, my mother is a prostitute, so if you've seen how this city is, you can probably guess how some of my years here went by. Then again, I'll admit I thought you might be in the same line of profession when you first walked in.”

Rachael Meredith

1646664374538.png

"Hmm? And my story wasn't enough payment~?" She seemed to be joking, a small laugh coming after she spoke. She quickly quieted down when her statement was somewhat answered. "Hmm. Well, it wouldn't be the first time someone thought I was a hooker, and probably won't be the last." She paused before finally sighing. "So, rough life? Guessing you're the bastard you referred to earlier? Mom slept with a nobleman, got pregnant, and they decided that paying child support or actually taking care of your mom wasn't their idea of a good time?" The large lady chewed the inside of her cheek, her hands fidgeting on the workstation. "Where I came from, oftentimes you could get in major trouble for doing that. But I guess that's what we get for getting sent back to the dark ages.

Regula

Rachael was quick enough to make connections, which was a good thing. “You could indeed say the name of this place meant I was a fitting apprentice for it.” She didn't quite say that she believed her bastardisation might lead all the way up to the royalty itself, as that'd be a step too far for now. Besides, Rachael was confusing her more and more. “Dark ages? I'm not sure what you're talking about. Nor have I ever heard of child support, for that matter.”

Rachael Meredith

1646664374538.png

Rachael tilted her head, thinking about it. "Yeah. The dark ages. The, like, tenth century, I think? Or was that the middle ages? I think those ended around the time Columbus found America in 1492." Her frown deepened at the child support question. "Umm, it's money that a spouse who doesn't take care of the kid has to pay. It's a way to pay for the kid even if they decide to abandon them. Where did you reincarnate from that you don't know what child support is?"

Regula

Some funky stuff was going on. Regula wasn't even sure how to respond to it all. If anything, she was confused enough to abstain from keeping up with part of her mystery-game just for the sake of wanting to know what was going on here. “I've heard there was another continent across the ocean when stories of the Norsemen sailing there spread through out the Empire, but who in the world is Columbus?” The year was... later than when she'd been alive, that much was a given. Perhaps a lot had changed in the fear years after her passing. “Are you from the same time as him?”

Rachael Meredith

1646664374538.png

The amazon's eyebrows came together, and she shook her head. "No, I'm from..." she did the math in her head, "Over five hundred years after he found the US. What, are you from before he sailed over there? You don't know some of the terms for gambling, but that might be fine, but to not know who Columbus was, you either lived under a rock or are from way before my time." She thought for a few moments before deciding to put a date on when she died. It might clear things up. "I died in 2017. Think you have any idea when that was?"

Regula

“You're from... 2017?” Regula was actually silent for a while, stunned by the idea of meeting someone so far from the future. That's when the questions came. “How much of Europe does the Holy Roman Empire cover by then? And which factions are the most powerful?”

Rachael Meredith

1646664374538.png

She blinked, looking incredibly confused. "N-none of it. I'm pretty sure the holy roman empire stopped being a thing in the 1700s." She thought of more things to say. "When I was around, most countries either were or claimed to be democratic. I'm pretty sure only six or seven countries in Europe still have royalty, and basically all of them still have elected representatives that actually run the country, while the royalty are just figureheads. It's the reason I said politician over noble. From the time I came from, nobles and royalty don't have any actual power. And as for empires, trying to build one is very frowned upon, as most countries see war as something to be avoided at all costs."

Regula

Regula balded a fist upon hearing of the Empire's demise, clearly being frustrated upon learning of it. Most of Rachael's words didn't even really sink in. Eventually, Regula shook her head, brushing it all off. “It is what it is, let's forget it.” For all she knew, they weren't even from the same place and this was just a weird coincidence. “It's way better to focus on the here and now.” She pointed at her gun, standing in the back of the room. “On the topic of the here and now, I'm currently trying to get some power, fame and perhaps money to my name. After that, however, I might see if I can get myself into the nobility. Would you be up to join me when that time arrives?” Whilst she still didn't want to reveal the full extend of her plans, she had gotten willing enough to outright mention stage one of it.

Rachael Meredith

1646664374538.png

Rachael nodded. "Sure, though don't expect for me to kowtow to you all the time. I'm looking to gain power as well. I feel like this place needs to be better, and considering I at least have a high school knowledge of history, I know how badly kingdoms can be for civilians, especially during these periods. And..." She stopped, thinking about the doll she had helped. Her eyes fixed upon the weapon, now noticing it for the first time. "Is that a gun?"

Regula

Regula laughed at the mention of kowtowing. “I know how to handle myself, don't worry. I'm sure this could be mutually beneficial.”

They finally got to her favourite subject. “Indeed it is! It's revolutionary for me, but I wouldn't be surprised if these types of weapons are way more common where... or perhaps I should say when you're from. I'm still fine-tuning it, but it'll be quite the weapon soon.”

That said, she also had another item to finish, as she cleaned up some metal threads, did some checks here and there, wiped off some sooth... and eventually nodded. She was happy with her work. It'd been a very odd job to work on, but she definitely felt like she'd given it her all and improved it considerably. “You know, if you ever get your hands on a lot of money, I'd love to try remaking this with proper mithril... Anyhow, it's done for now. ” Regula picked up a simple (F-grade) knife, holding it out to Rachael. “Do you want to test its improved sturdiness? I'm fairly certain a weapon like this won't do anything to it anymore, unless you've got some godly strength or technique.”

Rachael Meredith

1646664374538.png

She laughed. "Of course! These things made swords and bows go out of fashion. They're easier to use and by the time I was born there are so many different types you can find most any type you want. There's a gun that can kill someone at over a mile away, and there are others that can fire over a hundred shots in a single minute. Hell, in the country I'm from, it's a right of the common citizen to be able to own them for protection."

She took the armor, putting it on. She made sure everything fit well and was comfortable before finally zipping it up. "I wouldn't mind that either! And sure, you can take a swing at it." And with that, she stood still, waiting for the lady to take a swing.​

Regula

As Rachael was talking, Regula started making notes. If it was possible at one point in the future, it'd be possible now. Those were her thoughts when the jotted down 'make it fire over a mile away' and 'fire hundreds of shots in a single minute' although she stopped at one point. “No offence, but giving a powerful weapon like that to someone that isn't even a knight seems excessively stupid, especially if some people stab someone over being a horrible gambler.”

She did notice that Rachael misunderstood her intend with the weapon, however, as Regula had intended for Rachael to test the armour before putting it on. Ah well, this would also work. She wasn't experienced at all in using melee weapons, so she was confident even her best effort at stabbing couldn't go up against her own work. She rammed the knife into the armour with full confidence in her own craftsmanship and no confidence in her own strength, managing to obtain the desired result. There wasn't a scratch. “Well then, is it to your satisfaction?”

Rachael Meredith

1646664374538.png

"Well, it would be hard to put them in the hands of a knight in the first place, since knighting a person only happens in England at this point and even then it's only ceremonial, not actually giving them a mandate from the queen to lead forces or whatever." She didn't even take a step back as the knife struck her.

She wiped off the spot it had stabbed, smiling at the craftsmanship. "Thanks!" She paused for another moment, before saying, "And as for putting it into the hands of the common man, that's mainly in the US. We revolted against England and got our freedom at the end of the 1700s, and the government decided that it would be right for the people under them to be able to use weapons to defend themselves against others, or if the government became corrupt, against the government. But unless you go through a process of getting a license, you're not allowed to have the really fast shooting ones. But you can have guns that have big magazines that you can fire every time you pull the trigger instead of having to reload every time."

The half giant looked back at the gun. "It's probably a difference in time, but at the time I come from, the only thing separating people in government and those under them is a job and money. When it comes to their rights, everyone has the same ones, and I would trust a place where everyone had a way to protect themselves over only the government having weapons. That's a way to get a dictatorship and for them to take those rights away from others."

Regula

A lot of the stuff Rachael was talking about sounded completely new and foreign to Regula. She did know that she wouldn't like the idea of governing a country where its citizens could kill each-other or her knights as easily as taking aim and pulling a trigger. Criminals and monsters were already difficult enough to deal with without giving them such powers. Eventually, she figured it'd be best to just brush it off. “Right, I'll admit most of that sounds very foreign and strange to me.” She figured it'd be best to get back to business, which required her to repeat her previous question. “So, is the armour to your satisfaction?”

Rachael Meredith

1646664374538.png

The amazon blushed, her face slightly embarrassed, when she realized what she had done. "Oh. Sorry for rambling." She moved around in the armor, making sure it didn't rub against her in any strange ways. Finally, she came to a halt in front of the lady again. "It feels great, thank you."

Regula

“No worries.” She said to the rambling, nodding in approval of her own work afterwards. “Well, it took a lot more time than I expected, but the company was pleasant. I don't think I've ever had someone stand in their underwear for so long, come to think of it, or rather, I don't think I've had that happen at all... Anyhow, it didn't take as many materials as normal, so...” Regula ran some numbers, before coming to a price that'd equal whatever a 7 point investment would be. “... would be the lowest I can go, as a friendly price for someone I hope to be able to team up with in the future.””

Rachael Meredith

1646664374538.png

Rachael grinned, the blush gone from her face. "Thank you! I'd be glad to tell you some more stories about the future sometime, and some of the new tech that came with it~ And as for the price, deal~!" She placed down the money, sliding it over to the blacksmith. She turned and started to walk out the door, but stopped just before she fully left. "What times is it only you here?"

Regula

“It's difficult to say, Rossle isn't one to work during regular hours...” Regula debated their options, until she sighed. “I doubt the Dwarf would mind it if I handled one particular customer, so if worst comes to worst, we can always arrange another time if you plan your visit during his working hours. Either that, or visit me at my place in the outskirts of town...” Regula proceeded to give her the description of the way towards her house in the outskirts of the city. She wouldn't mind having someone like Rachael over as a visitor sometime.

The End

Isekai Hell RP Grade

It was good to see some mention of Rossle in there and his grand shop, the Bastard's Bastard. Well done mates, good to see people pay attention to some lore given out!

Regula - 2 Points

Rachael - 2 Points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back