• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Is this what they call a Second Wind? {Realistic - Character-Driven}

London Fog

A ghost of sorts.
In 2013, the New England Universal Social Services Committee, in hopes of setting new standards for adult social service programs in the US, introduced a new program called the FreshStart Project. The goal of the FSP was to offer adults recovering from addiction, mental illness, serious injury, or other inhibitions a new lease on life. To achieve this, they offered applicants whom they determined were stable enough to try living on their own a leased group home. The participants in the program lived in their new homes for as long as they felt necessary, learning to live and work again in an emotionally and economically stable environment, all while making friends to last a lifetime. Certainly, in their mutual struggle, some of those housemates went so far as to save up the money to purchase their FSP home, and have lived there ever since.

Now, in 2015, the FSP is still alive and kicking, but make no mistake - it's going under. The program is still in effect, but the committee has been forced to cut back. In the beginning, group homes usually had three residents, maybe four. Today, group home capacity is usually six to nine, sometimes more.

This RP will revolve around a group of FreshStart Project applicants living in their group home in Rochester, NY. While there may be some dark elements coming into play as our characters recover from whatever it is they're suffering from, this will mainly be a lighthearted RP, if all goes according to plan. I welcome all experience levels as long as you're willing to communicate with your partners in writing to keep the story engaging for everyone - emphasis on character relationships and development.

Any takers?

*fist pump* Awesome! If we get enough people (I'd say, mmm... four more, at least?), I'll be putting this bad boy up on Saturday. Let me know if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back