• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Closed Is there a way to break a border and insert a symbol or image? [Solved!]

pookie

pookie is missing!
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm one of those people who understands the coding well enough to make pretty significant edits on my own, but not enough to like, understand what it is I'm looking at when I try and translate css code to bbcode+ (or understand how to write css code in general askjhdkg). And I've never come across like a border box that isn't just a complete box? What I'm looking to do is add a little scissors icon or image into a dashed border box, to make it look like those "cut along the guide" images on paper and in newspapers and magazines. If it's not possible or just way too overly complex, please no one worry about it it's not that integral to my vision aaslkhjdgf

fLtAWIH.png

Something like that !

The common method is to get a box and put a div inside and slide it up to the border. something like:

Code:
[div=width: 200px; height: 100px; border: 5px dashed black; position: relative; margin: 0 auto][div=position: absolute;top: 0; left: 25px; transform: translateY(-50%); ][fa]fa-solid fa-scissors fa-2x[/fa][/div][/div]

The common method is to get a box and put a div inside and slide it up to the border. something like:

Code:
[div=width: 200px; height: 100px; border: 5px dashed black; position: relative; margin: 0 auto][div=position: absolute;top: 0; left: 25px; transform: translateY(-50%); ][fa]fa-solid fa-scissors fa-2x[/fa][/div][/div]
Ooohhh thank you so so much! I didn't realize you could slide them over top each other like that but it makes sense! I appreciate you taking the time to answer this <33

Users who are viewing this thread

Back