• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Is the Search Bar Gone?

Daisie

"Confused and fungal"
Roleplay Type(s)
Hiya!

So, quick thing I noticed here, every time I load up a new page of RpN goodness, the search bar appears where it's supposed to be (At the top right part of the page) for about half a second, then disappears. Am I the only one this is happening with? 

Help meh, pretty please! ^^"

It's been happening to me whenever I am on my laptop, such as now. However when I'm on my tablet, it's there. For now, I click activity and go to search from there.

Also, I'm guessing you're using The Night Life? I've checked between all three themes and this is only happening to me with The Night Life (on my laptop). I suspect something may have gone awry with that theme because a HP I'm in usually overrides to that theme but hasn't been doing that lately. If you want to use the search bar, I would suggest using the default theme or Color Me for now, or what Panic At The Fandoms said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh.  You're right, it isn't there in Night Life once the page finishes loading.  I don't see how to fix that so I'll call in the big guns.  @The Dark Wizard, it looks like the search bar might be underneath the header, so that when the header loads it covers it up?

I found the issue on The Night Life theme and it will take a while to fix, thanks for pointing it out!

OH. HI.

My notifications also aren't working.

I had no idea anyone responded.

Sorry.

;-;

I don't know why my notifications still aren't working. ;-; Is there a setting I'm not seeing or something?

@Kaerri

Click here for notification settings.  Make sure you're set to receive them at all, first.  Mine look like this at the top:

Notification settings.JPG

Then go through all the checkboxes and make sure the ones you want notifications for are green.  (Note: there's two columns of checkboxes.  Left is for alerts; right is for emails.)  I have mine set for

A) No emails.

B) Alerts for everything except:

1. "Someone I am following makes a post,"
  2. "I receive a message" (that means conversations/PMs; I usually see the icon for it just fine without the alert),
  3. or "Somebody bookmarked your content."

That's what works best for me, and so far I'm not missing much, if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back