Viewpoint Is it weird to have an OC but not roleplay them?

Not at all, your character could be on standby. Maybe when you are feeling like you want to write with them, you'll find the roleplay to do so. I have a couple of my own I haven't used yet.

not at all! i love brainstorming headcanons for my ocs. i have tons i absolute adore and they're incredibly fleshed out but i haven't had the opportunity to use them again ):

Well, what are you doing with 'em then? Having them be the protagonist of your webcomic? Drawing them doing random things?

Well, what are you doing with 'em then? Having them be the protagonist of your webcomic? Drawing them doing random things?
they're just... sitting in my notepad in bullet-point form, waiting for the day i use them again (': i really do want to but they're stuck in a very specific rp universe that i don't have the heart to drag them out of and i don't have the muse to return to either

I make up tons of characters, across a slew of genres. They are in various degrees of completion. Most I know will never see life in an RP narrative. Others I (foolishly) dream of writing a story of my own around. But realistically, I know that 90% of the characters I have made will never be used. That's not to say that I don't WANT to use them. But between not having the right muse, not finding the right setting, not having willing partners, and NOT HAVING TIME, the odds are stacked high against me to ever get things done.

I have a lot of OCs I don't rp for various reasons. Sometimes I make an OC because the idea seems cool but then I lose interest and the OC stays. Maybe to be used later, maybe to be used as a starting point for another OC.

I have a lot of OCs I don't use in rps. I mainly have them for aesthetics, and in the off chance I do end up wanting to rp with them. So it's not that weird ^^

I think it’s perfectly fine to have an OC you never role play with. Having an original character doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to use them for anything. Sometimes it’s just fun to make them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back