System/Mechanics Is it common to make RP Groups here who rp a story with multiple Arcs?

Riwa Firestone of Saba

The Camel King
So i am a fan of story and i always look for Rpers that rp in nice and pleasant ways but i also like the element of story in form of arc trees so one arc that leads to another arc and my characters making close connections with the characters of others over time and the story affecting everyone. Now i hope this is possible here so do people do stuff like this here often? i just wanna ask so i now if the chance is high to run into a person like this here?

Okay well if you want to do multi-arc story 1x1 might be the better bet when you just start out. As it’s just two people so it’s easier to make sure you hit the story beats. Whereas groups take a little more work, it’s a lot like herding cats sometimes.

Okay well if you want to do multi-arc story 1x1 might be the better bet when you just start out. As it’s just two people so it’s easier to make sure you hit the story beats. Whereas groups take a little more work, it’s a lot like herding cats sometimes.

Alright. Then i just do that. Now because i look to meet people, i can already start making friends with you. Just talking about what type of characters you do and what type of story you like. I am not a hesitant guy and just ask someone straight out. I hope that does not bother you.

Alright. Then i just do that. Now because i look to meet people, i can already start making friends with you. Just talking about what type of characters you do and what type of story you like. I am not a hesitant guy and just ask someone straight out. I hope that does not bother you.

Not at all. I’m heading to bed now (I got to get up early tomorrow for work. But I am down to chat when I get off work tomorrow.)

I usually end up accumulating consistent groups - more of a pool, really - so I can tag people in when I know they'll like an RP I'm planning.
But it's not uncommon for RPs to fizzle before you finish even part of an arc. Part of how I end up with players on retainer until enough reliable folk are available for something.

I usually end up accumulating consistent groups - more of a pool, really - so I can tag people in when I know they'll like an RP I'm planning.
But it's not uncommon for RPs to fizzle before you finish even part of an arc. Part of how I end up with players on retainer until enough reliable folk are available for something.

I actually feel you there. I faced this same frustration with people in my community on a social media website. I wanted to do countless of Arcs and was dedicated to follow through with it but somehow they either focused more on Drama or they just got distracted with other stuff. This is why i left that behind and went here. I just feel like here is more control and structure and i can do stories and stick to them. I just look this entire time for people i can do good constructive Rp story arcs with. Like also discussing what they like and what development the characters should make. Also decide if we keep it secret with tension which character suddenly dies or he tell one another? Stuff like this. Of course i love powers and fights but in my community people ignord the story and character development and began to wank and see who has the stronger power meanwhile i liked to create powers because i wanted to create powers that represent the personality of a charater so my strict rule is that a character has a power that fits and describes who he or she really is. But i can also start with normal Rps though but when i ams seriously honest i am not a fan of them. I will always prefer story Rps where one Arc leads to another and this may be myself putting high standards but yeah it is my preference i embrace all the time in Rp places.

I'm intentionally dividing an RP I'm running into discrete 'episodes', which is basically the same idea, isn't it? Anyway, to answer the 'is it common' question, I want to say no. I don't think I've seen anything explicitly turned into individual arc/episodes before around here, but I don't lurk often on the other hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back