• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ironacre City: Guilty by Association - IC (Closed)

Harvey Daniels (Limelight)
44f7ffd6e7eec24b2321a5ab26d818cf--men-portrait-male-portraits.jpg
Interactions: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Harvey followed Sebastian through his office, which was that of luxary compared to his. Massive windows, expensive furniture, this man like to live lavishly. Choosing to sit across from Sebastian on one of the couches, he set his messenger bag beside his feet, and began to remove his laptop. Setting it gently on his lap, he looked at his blazer where he had the smudge of dust, flicking it off.

Yes I was, I got caught in the traffic and my SEAL instincts kicked in. Luckily no one was extremely hurt, something stopped it. I didn’t get a good look, but i’d imagine we’ll have something on the topic later this evening.” Getting his laptop ready, he cracked his knuckles, then smiled up at the man. “Just to note, anything you’ll say will be on record starting... now.” He clicked a key on his laptop, starting a three second beep, then silence to signal the audio had began to record.

So Sebastian, i'll start with the scripted questions, then move onto more creative ones if that suits you? So first question; how do you feel Carson Enterprises has affected Ironance City?” Pausing for his reply, then nodding, he continued. “Secondaly, how do you feel about this new virus? How will this effect your buisness?”

Once the scripted questions were complete, he continued on. “Now for more recent events, this will be your official statements on these subjects, and will most likely be published tonight. Please comment on these topics; today’s accident, who and what was it, and how will you better Ironance through it?”

Sebastian Carson
jnhnjh-png.356086
Sebastian observed Harvey as he set his bag down on the floor and opened out his laptop ready to record the interview. The man explained he'd been caught up in the traffic, prompting a smile from the businessman. "I saw some bulletins on the internet and I have a view of the spot where the accident happened. It's certainly good to hear there were no serious casualties," he genuinely told the man. The Shadow had got the distraction he desired and Sebastian was pleased it hadn't cost anyone their life... this time.

With the warning that anything he said from this point would be recorded, Sebastian nodded his head to confirm he understood. He would only say what he wanted people to know and he expected any self-respecting journalist would only print the words which had been spoken. Things didn't work out too well for the last reporter who put words into his mouth.

When asked about how his business had affected Ironacre City, Sebastian smiled. "Carson Enterprises itself has had a significant effect across the globe, with our vaccinations and medications both saving and improving countless lives. When it comes to Ironacre City itself, I take great pride in only leaving a positive footprint on the city I've called home for my entire life." He took another sip of his drink before casually sitting back. "I ensure none of our products or suppliers impact negatively on the environment, with recycling at the top of our proprieties. Where possible, we try to source materials locally and give the people of our city the best employment opportunities. I'm sure we're all fully aware by now of the donations Carson Enterprises has given to the likes of our emergency services, local schools and homeless shelters."

The virus was then mentioned and Sebastian's expression changed more serious to match the tone of the subject. "Every new virus is unfortunate and it's always upsetting to see people affected by it. Whilst it is of no consolation to those already affect, Carson Enterprises is working with the public health bodies to tackle this new virus as soon as possible. It will affect my business as a large number of my team is now working overtime through the night to find a cure to this virus. And when we do, we will continue to be busy producing and distributing any medications or vaccinations required to stop the spread of Thawn's Virus."

Things then shifted to questions about the earlier incident in the city. "From what I gather, today's accident was caused by a faulty or worn out structure to the rail network. I believe that would be investigated by the transport authorities, so I would hope the rail network adopted appropriate measures at the time of construction. I don't believe it is for Carson Industries to better Ironacre City through this accident. The work of our emergency services and members of the public, such as yourself, are the ones who will impact positively on the city. I know I felt a sense of pride upon hearing about how people had rushed to the scene to help those affected." He then smiled and glanced to the window for a brief second. "Not to mention the man who appeared and saved the city from what could have been a catastrophic train collision. Whilst I question the risks and dangers of a man showing up displaying what appeared to be superhuman abilities, or aberrations, his help today should be celebrated. I suppose the city should take a message of hope from him."

ReverseTex ReverseTex

A couple of hours after the accident had happened, Lucy was approached by Greg, the younger and upbeat photo editor. He had his usual smile plastered on his face as he approached his superior. "It's pretty neat that everyone's focusing on this unknown, masked superhero and I hate to take away from that kind of thing, which I'm sure people are going to be excited about for days. But..." he began, as he brought his tablet into view and hit play on a video, handing the device to Lucy. "I managed to get hold of this CCTV footage and it shows the rail track collapsing. How does a strong stone pillar supported by steel beams suddenly crumble and collapse without prior warning? No reports of an earthquake. Nothing." He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm no detective, but that ain't natural. If a man can turn a train into dust, then who's to say a man didn't wreck the track? Perhaps that Shadow guy was involved?" he proposed.

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

As Michael waited outside the classroom for the teacher to arrive, a couple of his classmates rounded the corner. Tom and Dan were the loud types, with likely a bright future of becoming cocky jocks as their school years go on. "Hey, Mute. Catch!" Tom called out, mocking the boy's quietness, as he threw his football straight towards Michael's head. As the ball hit Michael, the other two couldn't help but laugh. Tom rushed over to retrieve the ball, whilst Dan walked more casually.

"Tom, that was harsh," Dan joked. "Michael here thinks he's better than us. Why would he want to catch your dirty football?" He looked Michael in the eyes and smirked. "Are you good, Mute? Does daddy need to come and buy you a new head?"

Seleste's class was going as planned, with the students all focusing and working hard to perfect the moves. Maria seemed to be having trouble keeping up, compared to normal, but she had mentioned to her friends already that she wasn't feeling too well. As she spun around, Maria suddenly became dizzier than expected and stumbled over onto the floor, twisting her ankle in the process. The teenager yelled out in pain as she grabbed as her injured foot. "Ow, it's hurts," she said, still feeling the dizziness as she now tried to contend with the pain in her ankle.

Lamia Lamia

Oscar Daniels
hg-png.356087

As he finished helping the woman with the injured leg, Oscar couldn't help but cast his mind back to his brief encounter with Charlie. He still hadn't had chance to introduce himself, but he'd caught her in his arms and they'd exchanged words - that was certainly progress! She was even more attractive up close.

As this was an accident scene, Charlie didn't have to do any of her usual blood work on the area, so the officer she'd approached had asked her to help secure a perimeter and help any of the injured away from the crash site. Once the ambulances arrived to deal with the injured, Oscar's work was done. He dusted himself off and straightened out his hoodie, turning to set off to the gym. As he began leaving the scene, he was about to pass Charlie. He decided to push himself and speak to her again while he was feeling brave enough. "Well, that was something else," he commented, referring to the masked vigilante. "Do you cops know that guy, then?" he curiously asked. He knew his conversation starter left a lot to be desired.

Bellz Bellz

Kliff

Kliff has been up the entire morning, due to his insomnia when it comes to staying asleep. However, he's locked himself in his room and was literally running around his room multitasking. He was playing a game, writing a song, creating a dance, and eating a sandwich all at the same time. As such, like every morning, Kliff was out of his room after everyone else, and ran down the stairs. He ran into the kitchen where he saw only his mother and sister

As he sat down at a table, "Morning, Mads! Morning, Mom! I take it Oscar, Junior, and Dad have already left?"

As he was about to begin eating, he noticed the time, "Oh! I gotta go! I'm running late!"
Kliff jumped up, gave his sister and mother a quick hug, and ran out of the house. He jumped on his bike and began pedaling towards the dance studio. Due to his talent, he was allowed to spend his first class at a dance studio rather than at school. As he pedaled, he noticed a multitude of people.

What's with all these people? Kliff thought as he got off his bike and began to walk to avoid hitting others. However, his answer came a few minutes later as he walked by the accident. Mesmerized by the scene, Kliff hoped no one got hurt as he stopped walking. He then spotted his older brother helping out and chuckled. He waved before continuing on his way.

A few minutes later, Kliff arrived in the midst of stretches.

"Sorry for being late, Mrs. Carson! I left my house late and got sidetracked by the huge accident!" Kliff exclaimed before changing and joining everyone else in stretches, greeting his friends while doing so.

Last edited:

Michael Carson

rsz_finn-wolfhard-3-jpg.347677
Michael didn't register that the two boys were even talking to him until the ball collided with his head, sending the scrawny eleven year old stumbling back into the wall with a startled yelp. He dropped his book bag, which fell to the floor with a loud thud, to which Michael reacted with another pained cry. He honestly didn't notice or care about their mocking tone; he cared that they were throwing things at him. It was all really just too much to process. He failed to respond to any of what the boys had said, instead clutching his ears with both hands, stammering incoherently as he backed himself into the wall, feeling as though everything was happening all at once, too fast and too loud and far too painful.

Lucy Zhang

479445520961d74fe8ef53a97ed1223a--kimiko-glenn-easy-hair.jpg

"Oh jeez... you're right!"
Lucy watched the young photoeditor's tape at first with suspicion, but as it dawned on her what he was saying, a whole new layer of detail emerged on the situation. The guy was right - there was no way that bridge coukd hsve just spontaneously collapsed. It was in perfect repair, and had shown no sugns of weakness. The only thing that could have knocked it down was extreme explosive force or a massive earthquake, neither of which appeared to had happened. All yhat left was...
"The Shadow! Of course that had something to do with it!" She was talking half to herself and hslf to her employee, pacing up snd down her pffice in hslf excitement snd half horror. "This needs to get reported, you hear? This needs to be seen by the police, by the FBI, everyone! I just can't believe I didn't think of it before." She threw her arms Greg, in kind of a frantic hug. "You're a genius! We're finally starting to tie this yogether!"

Charlie Carson
tumblr_o0e5s4OLEc1rvux6mo1_500.jpg

Interactions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Charlie had gotten to work helping out with the accident scene as soon as she was instructed on what to do. It was easy to set the perimeter up and begin helping those injured away from the crash sight. With the help of a few other officers and good Samaritans, the scene was cleared of the injured in no time and a path was also cleared for the ambulances to start loading the patients up. No casualties were found or reported, which was always a relief to Charlie. Despite the normalcy of seeing them, it was never something to take lightly. Death affected more than one would think. Charlie had just finished reporting the work that had been completed to one of the officers in charge of the clean up before getting the clear that she was free to go. Charlie was about to head back to her apartment when the man whom she had bumped into struck up a conversation. Charlie offered a small smile at his first comment before he asked if the department knew of the masked vigilante who had saved the day.

"Unfortunately I wouldn't know much in that area, I'm actually a forensic analyst for the department." She politely informed him. It was true, Charlie had tried to join the police academy after high school and was almost through her training to graduate when she was booted after a mental breakdown she had. It had taken a toll on her, but she definitely wasn't going to let it deter her from pursuing her passion of law enforcement. Sure she wasn't a cop, but she still saved lives and brought hope to families who wanted to know what happened to their loved ones. "But between you and me,"She leaned in a bit, as if to tell him a secret. "The masked man has our law enforcement baffled...I mean..what he just did, wasn't human at all." Leaning back after speaking, she looked to the train tracks that had been destroyed. "But these types of structures just don't break like this ya know? Law makes sure they are checked regularly and pass inspections...So it would seem that we could have some sort of criminal on our hands."

Charlie hadn't gotten the man's name yet and was actually quite curious to know, since she had seen him around a few times before. "Name's Charolette by the way, but most people call me Charlie." She held out her hand for him to shake.​

Tom looked to his friend and grinned as Michael began incoherently stammering and covering his his ears. "I think we broke him!" he said to Dan. "Someone call the repairman-" he stopped as he heard the heels clicking on the floor as the Mathematics teacher approached.

Mrs Smith looked up in time to see the two boys standing quietly as Michael seemed to be having a meltdown. "Inside, you two," she told Tom and Dan as she opened the classroom door. She then let the other approaching kids enter the classroom but kept Michael on the corridor. "Michael?" the 30-year old woman softly asked him. Her voice had a soothing tone to it and her face was gentle. "I need you to calm down and tell me what happened."

Greg shrugged his shoulders when Lucy called him a genius. "Well, yeah, I thought we all knew that," he sarcastically replied. He grinned as he watched her enthusiasm and excitement over the development. "Oh yeah, I think the cops would be very interested to know this. I trust you're a more appropriate person to inform them and be listened to," he noted. He chuckled as she gave him a hug. "I told you I was wasted in this job. Is it time for my promotion, yet?" he joked.

Oscar Daniels
hg-png.356087
Oscar raised a curious eyebrow when Charlie told him her actual job. "Forensic analyst? That's got to be more interesting than a regular cop, surely?" he enthused. He'd always thought that kind of job looked pretty cool - at least, those CSI shows made it look that way. When she mentioned how the masked man had everyone baffled, he nodded his head in agreement. "You're right there, that's some pretty crazy stuff that guy just did. There's only other person I've heard of who could do weird things like that, but he's a bad guy, so I don't see why he'd suddenly help." He nodded along as she spoke about the potential criminal interference regarding the track's collapse. "Yeah, I guess you're right..." he trailed off, looking back to the scene of the accident with mild curiosity. He then turned back to her and grinned. "I guess that's another case for you to investigate!"

When Charlie introduced herself, it suddenly struck Oscar that he'd been having a normal conversation with his crush. He returned the handshake and smiled, a slight redness to his cheeks now he became conscious he was in the attractive woman's direct presence. "I'm Oscar... Just Oscar," he told her, a slight awkwardness to him. "I've seen you around quite often... Not that I'm stalking you or anything... I just - it's my route to work. The gym, just a five minute walk from here," he said, pointing down the street.

Bellz Bellz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back