Introductions are scary

neon dream

Pizza Connoisseur
Hi everyone I’m Neon!
Disclaimer: this scares the living heck out of me. I’m definitely more of a lurker and private messager than a forum poster but I’m really looking to jump out of my shy/introvert comfort zone (and I gotta hit 10 posts before I can go back into hiding) so be gentle.

A little about me: I’m 20 years old, finishing up college, and I’ve been roleplaying since about 2009 on a few different sites but I’m kinda just looking for a fresh start with new people and read a lot of good things about RP Nation. I live in the New England area (EST) and yes the weather here is wild and I’ll probably say “wicked” every other sentence, that's normal. I have a big goofball German shepherd who is my whole life, I’m a huge dog/pet/animal person so if you’re ever looking for someone to just gush about your pet with, I’m your gal.

Roleplay wise, I’d like to think I’m pretty experienced but would love it if someone wanted to give me a rundown of the ins and outs of this site because I know each one is a little different.

Also, I love binging Netflix shows (don’t we all) and if you have something new for me to look into I’d love to hear it because I’m running low on my watch list, or if you want some recommendations I have plenty!

Look forward to meeting as many of you as I can! c:

Hey Neon! Also new, also finishing up college, also living in New England. Wish I could say I also have a German Shepherd, but that's tragically not the case.

Have you seen A Series of Unfortunate Events yet? It's one of my all-time favorites.

Hey Neon! Also new, also finishing up college, also living in New England. Wish I could say I also have a German Shepherd, but that's tragically not the case.

Have you seen A Series of Unfortunate Events yet? It's one of my all-time favorites.

Hey! Nice to meet ya!
When are you graduating? I'm out after next fall and it's kinda freaking me out that I'm almost done
My pup's awesome but he's got like a small dog mentality trapped in a big dog's body so I'm constantly helping him out when he squishes in to places he thinks he fits lol
You know I actually haven't seen it though! I remember reading the books as a kid and I love Neil Patrick Harris but just never got around to it, might have to!

Last edited:
Hey! Nice to meet ya!
When are you graduating? I'm out after next fall and it's kinda freaking me out that I'm almost done
My pup's awesome but he's got like a small dog mentality trapped in a big dog's body so I'm constantly helping him out when he squishes in to places he thinks he fits lol
You know I actually haven't seen it though! I remember reading the books as a kid and I love Neil Patrick Harris but just never got around to it, might have to!
I'm graduating in the spring – the reality of adulting is setting in faster and faster, ahaha.

Aw, that's the cutest. Wish I could get a German Shepherd but I'm moving around too much and will probably be living in small apartments for a while. Wouldn't be fair to the poor guy.

Ahh, it's amazing! It's a weird, wild joyride of a show with a healthy dose of dark humor. If you've seen Pushing Daisies, the visual style is very similar – really out there, but it complements the tone and the story so well. The show totally does the books justice, and you can tell NPH is having the time of his life!

Hi there! I'm new to this site also, but not new to role playing (maybe a bit rusty thought lol.) I have a German shepherd mix who is the most precious thing in my life, even if she is spoiled juuust a bit. I'm 18 and will maybe be starting college in the fall if I decide to go.

Hit me up if you want to chat or RP!

Hey there!

Your intro was lovely, don't sweat it too much. What kind of rps are you into?

Welcome to RPN! I hope you find what will excel you here, as there are so many amazing writers and people here. I’m sure you will make great friendships and partnerships here!
Lurkers are seriously always welcome!
Also I must say, the Owner and Admins are all amazing people and there are plenty of helpers afoot!
Again Welcome to RPN!

I'm graduating in the spring – the reality of adulting is setting in faster and faster, ahaha.

Aw, that's the cutest. Wish I could get a German Shepherd but I'm moving around too much and will probably be living in small apartments for a while. Wouldn't be fair to the poor guy.

Ahh, it's amazing! It's a weird, wild joyride of a show with a healthy dose of dark humor. If you've seen Pushing Daisies, the visual style is very similar – really out there, but it complements the tone and the story so well. The show totally does the books justice, and you can tell NPH is having the time of his life!

Geez sorry, disappeared for a bit but so much adulting is happening and it's becoming more and more normal to do things like making appointments for myself lol starting to freak me out

Oh yeah, my guy loves running around, we have a pretty good sized yard but even that's not enough for him sometimes. Apartments are good for cats though! If you like them, hit or miss with people

I definitely have to start watching it! Pushing Daisies though, funny timing because they're talking about bring it back now!

Hi there! I'm new to this site also, but not new to role playing (maybe a bit rusty thought lol.) I have a German shepherd mix who is the most precious thing in my life, even if she is spoiled juuust a bit. I'm 18 and will maybe be starting college in the fall if I decide to go.

Hit me up if you want to chat or RP!

Hiiiiiii! Sorry, had to take a week or two away but it's nice knowing I'm not the only one just starting out!
German shepherd mix - I'm sure she's an angel! Being spoiled must be a shepherd thing though because I'm pretty sure his bed is nicer than mine and eats better than me constantly

College is worth it though for the most part! It really just depends on what you're looking to do later in life because some things can definitely be done without a degree while others you kinda need one to get in to the field/get to a higher position in the field

I'd love to start an RP! I slacked on the 10 posts thing but I'll PM ya the second I can

Hey there!

Your intro was lovely, don't sweat it too much. What kind of rps are you into?

Hello! Sorry for the delay, real life caught up to me for a bit

If you're still interested I have a pretty wide variety of interests but I do usually stick to original stuff, can be based off of a fandom or in the world of one but I love making my own characters. Right now, I'm really interested in apocalyptic worlds but anything goes with me!

Welcome to RPN! I hope you find what will excel you here, as there are so many amazing writers and people here. I’m sure you will make great friendships and partnerships here!
Lurkers are seriously always welcome!
Also I must say, the Owner and Admins are all amazing people and there are plenty of helpers afoot!
Again Welcome to RPN!

Thank you so much! I really look forward to getting to know some people and doing some writing!
A lurk friendly website is my kind of place haha
Good to hear I came to the right site, thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back