• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Into the Fire

"Think it'll be safe for a few days?" Alexander asked as he looked over the dragon who looked up and puffed out a little more smoke from his nose. Alexander had learned that Blazer had always answered yes or no questions through puffs of smoke coming from his nose. One huff equals yes, two equals no, one means he wasn't sure. Alexander sighed as he saw three huff come from his nose. Blazer lifted his big head as he heard the sound of distant steps, his brow raising.

"Asher, leave it be, this way." Damont tugged on the wyvern, dragging him towards the cliff, or trying. The dragon seemed pinpointed on sniffing something out. Some cave that was a ways outside the ruins, weirdly decorated on the outside, Damont ignored it. He looked over the edge of the cliff, squinting. The noise was erupting from the town, there seemed to be something up. An event maybe? Though, everyone seemed to be rushing around, looking like panicked ants from here. Damont looked over at Asher, who'd pried himself from the entrance of the cave to look down on the kingdom, something was going on "How badly do we want to know?" Damont asked, though he wasn't too interested in the king's business, this seemed...Well, big.

Blazer tilted his he'd as he could hear te rushing voices in the village. He supposed they had finally noted their missing son. Alexander could hear the rushing of the village as well, guessing they had finally notied. About time. Alexander shook his head and sighed as he looked at the dragon who had narrowed his eyes and knew from the start this was a bad idea.

"We need food anyway, quit arguing with me, I just want to see what's up." Damont said, glared at Asher, who was following him down the mountain. Asher growled, obviously arguing with him, Damont just rolled his eyes "You want to stay up there with a dragon, a full dragon, twice your size roaming around ready to snap your neck at any point in time?" He asked, Asher let out a whine that said 'Not fair' before following Damont, the two were heading for the village, but of course, Asher had to stop short so he wouldn't be seen.

Alexander just sighed quietly and bowed his head. "I know I should'nt of sone it, but they don't me anyways. It's taken them 1 and a half days just to see that their son has gone missing." He said as he looked at the big dragon who tilted his hea to the side, his eyes gentle and soft as if he was talking to him through his looks.

"Missing, prince." Damont dragged his finger along the flyer, which of course, had no picture. It didn't need to, everyone in the village knew what the prince looked like...Except Damont. He pulled the flyer and made his way back to Asher "Princey is missing." He said, pointing to the paper, Asher cocked his head "Yeah I don't get it either. Who would leave all that pampering? Getting what you want when you want, we'd kill for that, huh buddy?" Damont looked up at Asher, who snorted in agreement "Well, we're skipping the food. Funny, they didn't put a bounty on it. I guess that'd look bad huh, having to put a bounty on a royal's head? Yeah. Maybe they think he'll come back- unlikely, he must've ran away...Or kidnapped?" Damont said, looking back down at the flyer as they walked back into the mountains.

"Most people think it's the best to have the pamperment and such but it gives you less freedom then you would think." Alexander said quietly as he looked up at Blazer who bowed his head in agreement. He had seen the way they treat the royal kids and it was not fun at all. Having guards to follow you everywhere, alway being watch, never having time alone. And all the rules. Blazer snorted as he lis tend to Alexander talk and try to convence the dragon that it was the right decision for them to disappear for a month or two. Maybe then of he came back he'd have a little more freedom.

Damont stopped somewhere along the trail, blinking, Asher almost walked into him, the wyvern looked down at him in "Say...That guy from yesterday, the one with the dragon, you don't think...?" He looked up at Asher, who cocked his head, then snorted blowing out a surprised smoke ring "Right." Damont nodded, then thought about it some more "So then, a royal is loose in the woods...Which makes him just that much more dangerous." Damont frowned "Here of all places to hide." He groaned, making his way back up to their home, taking the long way instead of climbing which passed various things "He couldn't have gone anywhere else. I swear, watch this place get flooded with those bloody guards." Damont sighed, taking out his daggers and running them against each other "What a royal pain." He said, Asher headbutting his back for making such a lame pun.

Alexander stepped to the entrance as the large dragon followed, watching the people run around the town. "This is the last place they'll look. They think I hate these wooded areas." Alexander muttered as Blazer raised his head and watches the people. "This is why we don't run away like this." The dragon said through his looks as he sat down with Alexander serring next to him. Th eyes were going to change a few things if they didn't want to be caught up by the guards. His royal attire needed to be changed.

"Wonder where he's hiding. Maybe he's camouflaged himself, maybe he's dug a tunnel underground, what if he's in the trees, what if he's watching us right. Now!" Damont poked Asher who jumped and growled at him, Damont laughed "Sorry, sorry." He said, rubbing Asher's snout apologetically. He could see the start of the cliff, which meant they were close to the doors. Asher couldn't stop looking around now which just made Damont laugh more, he couldn't help it.

A small puff of smoke erupted from Blazer's snout and into the air, dispersing before any of the towns people could see it. Alexander watched as his father sat proudly upon his dragon and giving orders to the towns people and the guards. Then they took to the air, making Alexander and Blazer push each other into the cave so they wouldn't be caught if the king flew by with his guards

Damont looked over the edge, frowning when he watched the King take to the air "Move." He said, more seriously than strictly, he quickly pulled Asher, opening the doors, or trying, and letting the Wyvern in before himself. It would be easier for him to be seen rather than the Wyvern to be seen. They were, after all, a rare species. It was all dragons and brute force these days, no one cared for the speed and flexibility of a Wyvern. Damont had just been glad to have a beast of his own to call his friend, to bond with, usually only royals got that privilege.

Loud wings flapped from outside the cave as the king and his guards flew past, searching for the lost prince. Shouts and lights shone down on the ground to see if there were any tracks bit none found since ALexander had been smart enough to cover their tracks behind them so they wouldn't be found that easily.

Damont had already closed the gates, he heard the noises but they weren't getting any closer, which was more or least good. That said, the two hurried along into the castle ruins and waited it out "How annoying, I've always hated Aristocrats you know? They're always so stuck up, thinking they can do whatever they wanted. I'll make you a deal, the day we find one that's not I want you to trip me to make sure I'm not dreaming." Damont said, Asher nodded, more than pleased with that.

Alexander shook his head and threw his shirt off and on to a rock tjthat acted as a bridge over the puddle connected with the waterfall. Blazer blocked his fave when the shirt was thrown aaside and covered his eyes as the male undressed and lowered into the nice cool icy water. A soft gasp then relaxed sigh escaped his lips as his muscles became relaxed and less tensed.

Damont waited till the noises had simmered down to to peek his head outside the doors "Think they're gone...Do you think they dropped anything by accident?" He asked, Asher shook his head disapprovingly "Oh come on, just a look around." He said, rushing out from the entrance to their home and jumping over a couple of rocks before making his way down to where he'd last seen them. Asher gave a stressed cry before hurrying after him.

After drying off and changing the style of his clothes Alexander looked Blazer who shook his head disapproving and began to follow as Alexander had disappeared out into the forest. The dragon padded after the boy, his feet shaking the ground slightly as he jogged after the other male.

"Hah! Told you, I'm a genius, you know how much we can sell this for?" Damont picked up the amulet, it had a gold chain and carried a sapphire in the middle, Asher eyed it as he shoved it into his pocket "We'll be rich by the end of the day if we keep making finds like this you know?" He said, glancing around the trail, looking for anything else that was shiny. H perked up, crouching down and picking up a small ring, he shoved that in his pocket too, looking up at Asher with a proud grin "Rich." He said, Asher just snorted.

Glints came from the corner of Alexander's eyes, guessing things had fallen from the guards and his father's pockets. He chuckled and shook his head as the dragon beside him kept his head high and alert, scared they were going to come back and find them. Alexander just laughed and nodded for Blazer to follow him down the path he had found.

Damont looked at the ground, swearing it was shaking "Earthquake?" He looked up at Asher, who looked around them, it seemed to be getting worse by the second "Huh, well, might just be our imagination, or mine. Here, help me find more jewelry." Damont said, ignoring the shakes which were unknowingly footsteps. That aside, the boy looked like a rabbit, hopping around as he found one piece after another.

Blazer wasn't able to help his enormous feet or the quakes they cause when he would trot along to keep caught up to his owner. Alexander continued to see the glints, his brow raising as he saw they were becoming more common by the second. "That boys back." He said quietly making Blazer perk his head and look around, trying to see if he could spot another dragon or human near by.

While Damont didn't notice the two, Asher sure did, his horns seemed to flatten against his skull, if that was even possible. He turned his head, pushing Damont, or trying, further down the trail "Whoa whoa, hold up, I wasn't done picking that up." He said, reaching for a ring, but Asher picked him up between his teeth, raising him from the ground "Asher!" Damont seemed to sulk, the wyvern didn't seem to care however, dropping him down away from the ring and trying to push him back "What is your issue?" Damont frowned, he tried to resist but his feet were sliding agianst the ground.

Alexander looked at the dragon who was watching the other ones movements, his head cocked tot eh side as he watched to make sure they're wouldn't be any trouble between them. He let a puff of smoke out from his snout and watched the other dragon push and shove his own master to go back home. Alexander didn't seem to notice, and was focusing on the village and sky.

Damont hit the ground, face first, Asher stopped- watching him, he pushed himself back up "Jesus, oh, gross." He muttered, spitting out dirt, he glared up at Asher "What was-" Asher's eyes were glued behind them, he turned his head, letting out a chorus of 'Ohhhh' "You were looking at Mr.Prince and his dragon of size eh?" Damont asked, looking up at his own friend, who seemed to be easing slightly "I was uh, joking about the neck snapping Ahser, I don't think he'd really." Damont muttered.

Alexander turned his head when he heard voices. His head cocked to the side, deciding to be the first to speak between the two."So your familiar with my family? " He asked, hearing him call him Mr.Prince and such. Easing, Blazer seemed to not mind the other dragon being there now since his owner had started a conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back