• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Interest in some Fantasy Politics (with an idea)?

Avouleance

Studying to better see and share the beauty
For as long as anyone can remember no one had crossed the great sea, not the 4 Northern Powers that stretch up to the edges of searing deserts. Or the 3 Powers in the south which reach down to the ice wastes. These two sets of kingdoms had no idea the other existed. That was until travellers from an island within the great sea landed on their shores. They want to make contact; in fact, they’ve invited 2 representatives from each kingdom to meet in their capital to discuss the discovery of the new civilisations.

Each player would make one of the 7 powers as well as playing a representative from that nation. Each player would then be assigned another power to make a character to represent.

Lore wise the only fixed points are that the north south and islands have all been separate until now (so characters will only have knowledge of their own land mass.) The setting is approximately medieval; the islanders are human but I’m open to players making other races. Importantly players aren’t the sole rulers of their nation so will have to communicate with the NPCs who are in power. To relay to them what’s happening at the talks and hopefully stop them doing anything stupid like attacking one of the nations they’re also currently in negotiations with.

The game with be largely be about diplomacy dealing with both the other player nations as well as problems from and external forces. The goals will be different depending on the nations you represent as well as

The setting is roughly medieval, magic is present but it’s study and refinement are extremely resource intensive so it’s rare even for a power that cultivates it. The powers are fairly small, a million is a large population and more than a couple cities is unlikely as there's barely enough infrastructure to sustain power that far.

Things I’d need to know about your nation (for applying)

It’s name

North or South?

What its’ lands are like (The south is colder (because there's not enough fantasy in southern hemispheres), other than that I'm open to any ideas)

What power it has

What it’s weakness are

It’s political set up (who has power, why and how)

It’s relationships to the other powers on the same land mass (there won’t be any relationships to powers outside the land mass, to be agreed on with other players)

It’s first chosen representative (Their name, why they were chosen and any personal history you feel like including)

It’s second representative (will be added later by another player)

I absolutely LOVE collaborative worldbuilding, and I already have a great nation in mind. You have my interest friend! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back