• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Interest in an RP based off of The Gamer

Cshoes

Hawk Guy
Hi everyone, I'm Cshoes. I'm kinda new, and as I was looking through the current RPs, nothing that was accepting that didn't have many, many pages and a ton of history already wasn't really sending me, so I decided to make my own. This is based off of the Korean Manwha, The Gamer (http://www.mangareader.net/the-gamer). It's not going to be the same as the manga, but the description for the manga still fits really well as the most basic description of what I'm going for. "What would happen if your world suddenly turned into a game? If you could level up and raise your stats? An adventure of a life-turned-game."

I haven't exactly figured out how everything is exactly gonna fit together. I'll proceed with that if this get's support. Right now I just see this as a select number of people out of the population gain powers, and they come to find that it's exactly like a video game. I have a few ideas for various arcs and such, but the main two would be learning were the powers come from and the other would be taking down some type of big bad, either a team or a single god-level. There would also be a lot of learning how to deal with the powers and the full extent the powers.

I would be a kind of DM. I would dictate experience gained, levels gained, random stat point gains, monsters fought, and items available from stores and as drops. Some of these I would control more strictly, like exp, levels, and things like that. Others, such as items and monsters, I would leave more up to the players, giving them guidelines for what kinds of items and monsters they would find, intervening more when it came to specific plot point monsters/items, and rarer magical items and such.

Think of this as a very meta-version of a classic rpg/mmorpg type game. Because you are fully aware that you live like it's a game, we can play it for laughs, use it as plot points, or just be super-meta game addicts. I believe this would be for players looking for fantasy action with a fair mix of comedy, probably leaning more towards the action aspect as the arcs get more serious.

That's all I got right now. I guess now this thread is open for support, criticism, ideas, questions, and so on. Feel free to message me if you prefer that to posting.

Hey, I've read a bit of that! This is the first time I've heard of anyone else reading it. I've always liked this premise personally. I'd love to join!

Awesome! I just started reading it, and it really got me going for an RP. I wasn't planning to DM when I joined, but hey, why not?

So much support! Okay everyone, I'll get started on making the thread today, so expect it later today or tomorrow. I'll tag all of you in it, so you'll know exactly when it's ready. Of course, this thread will still be up and if anyone still wants to join, they can definitely post here and I'll tag them when it's ready, too.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/gamers.103825/

The thread is up! Still formatting somethings, but it'll truly be ready soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back