• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Interest Check: Harry Potter RP

What year would you like your character to be (See Minor Details for Info)

• First Year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6th or 7th Year

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NessieAlways

da bomb diggity

tumblr_m80jgb78lJ1rn6osl.gif

Hey guys!

I'm NessieAlways, but you can call me Nessie. With the help of @Effervescent , we have come up with an idea for a Harry Potter world Roleplay. In the words of Effer, "There is a set villain, and that it'll be a mystery the students can solve throughout the roleplay."

About this RP.

This will be a plot driven Roleplay, but like Effer said it will be a mystery that needs to be solved through the Roleplay. The story will follow the students of Hogwarts as they grow as witches and wizards and slowly work their way through discovering the plot. The Hogwarts students will attend classes and improve themselves as wizards. More on the structure will be discussed in the actual thread.

Minor Details

*There will be no Canon characters or relatives of

*All characters will be students

*Year of characters will be determined by poll (Details in Spoiler)

*House of characters will be determined by poll (Details in Spoiler)

Effervescent and I couldn't decide with path we wanted to take with the characters so we are leaving it to you guys to decide.

A) All characters will be first years: Choosing this option means this will be the first time all characters go to Hogwarts. This also means that Effervescent and I will choose your household based on your character's personality. We will take your opinion on the matter as to which house you want just as the Sorting Hat took Harry's opinion for Gryffindor.

Pros

*Enjoying the hype of being new to the school.

*Characters grow together.

*Characters form stronger ties.

Cons

*Awkward first encounters

*Too young to perform powerful spells

*They're still children.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B) All characters are 6th or 7th years. This would mean characters already know each other and have intermediate to advanced knowledge of spells and enchantments. You will be able to choose your house. Also, you'll have to read every body's character sheet to know what they're like and create character relationships.

Pros

*Everyone already has some sort of relationship

*Characters are older and more mature

*They can handle themselves in a fight

Cons

*Relationships are empty and made on the spot

*Characters don't grow old together

*NEWTs

What we're looking for?

Effervescent and I are looking for decent roleplayers that can contribute to the secret plot and create good character development. This will be a detailed roleplay so players need to meet detailed roleplay qualifications. That means quality posts, decent grammar, unique characters and proper development. Players should be able to post at least once a week. With that said, this roleplay will be at moderate speed. If you feel like you can meet these qualifications leave a comment below.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/lumos-maxima-ic.101643/

Last edited by a moderator:
*waves hand around*

I am completely up for this! I mean, if I can make a character that qualifies that is. I'd appreciate being able to give it a shot, anyway.

Will we be allowed to use our OCs from the previous RP if it ends up being 6th or 7th year? And of course I'm in.

Valorie said:
Will we be allowed to use our OCs from the previous RP if it ends up being 6th or 7th year? And of course I'm in.
If the majority votes are towards 6th or 7th years, then sure! You can use your OC from the previous RP. Just make sure that when the time comes you fill out our CS accordingly and not just copy/paste from the previous one. We may have different CS layouts, and we'd like for everything to be uniform on our end to make for ease in review.

I'm glad to see you are all interested!

I'm going to be busy tomorrow and Saturday, so I'll be leaving you in the hands of @Effervescent

Don't forget to vote on the Poll!

Looking forward to getting this started!

Very interested. I think a 6th or 7th year would be good. They are more adavanced in magical level, though some friendships may not have the comitment as of they were starting in a first year and had been together for all this time, i still think that it could work. You can always build on a friendship, but if character isnt old enough to learn a spell that could be crucial in defense there is nothing you can do. I vote 6th 7th, and i still want to be a hufflepuff though(hufflepuff pride!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested! I personally voted for the 1st year area, but I'm fine with whichever ends up being selected.

Oooh I've actually GM'd a pretty successful non-canon Harry Potter RP myself once, so I am definitely interested. Didn't manage to finish my old plots and still might have some interesting ideas laying around...

As for the starting year. I ended up voting for 1st year, but would be just as happy to start out in the 6th or 7th. From what experience I have from my own RP: 1st year is good for establishing the relations between characters, but not too good for action-heavy plots simply because 1st years know only a handful of spells. Maybe it is an idea to timeskip to 6th somewhere in the plot? Or if you're looking for a smoother transition, go: 1st-4th--7th?

Just don't try to do all years like I did, you'll have to pad the plot far too much and eventually people lose interest.

Hey guys just a heads up, the thread is currently under construction, so you'll be getting a link to that soon!

Thank you all for showing interest and I can't wait to see what you all bring to the table!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back