• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Interest Check: Cyberpunk Actiony Goodness

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Yo! So I don't think the title gets much clearer than that - some fine peeps in the chat encouraged me to make a roleplay, so I'm plopping this thread down to see who else might be interested. I have a lot of stuff written up already as it's something I tried to run before on another site with my friend Giy.

"A time when technology and life have become totally inseparable, when a person can be more machine than man, and when machines are starting to question why they listen to their weak masters. Say hello to Aeon city, a megalopolis of technical wonder and scientific success shining brightly amongst the sands. It sits on the ruins of Old Dubai, a city that once held a commanding presence, a city that was turned to rubble and dust after the long wars.

Don't be fooled, for all its splendor Aeon is far from perfect. Corruption and greed is rife, the government, police, private security forces, are all little more than puppets for the mega-corporations that run the city through wealth and fear; discontent and revolution is spreading through the downtrodden and forgotten underclasses, and this is just daily life… Bigger dangers now threaten the city. Hidden deep within Aeon there is a being that had been long forgotten, a being that could topple the whole system, a being that has awoken and decided to make a move. Couple this with the spread of The Glitch, a virus with unknown origins that seems to have no other goal than to spread chaos, Aeon City may be about to face a civil cybernetic war."

TL;DR:

• Man versus machine in the Middle East in the 2600s.
  • Evil computer virus (or is it??? MORAL AMBIGUITY!!!! /Torgue)
  • Combine Blade Runner with Megaman anime
  • Sprinkle with urban warfare and social revolution

I should also mention that it is 2:40am where I live, so I may not see any replies for a while, sorry!

@Alad V

You are a man of fine taste.

@Giyari

Ahaha, I know you'd want in!! I'm looking at the old stuff, and I think I'm gonna bring in most of the old stuff, but streamline the opening plot arc to accommodate for a smaller group.

@welian

Sounds like a plan... Specially with the older things. Those all need updating to fit with new stuffs we've learned too. Yay for hindsight

welian said:
@Giyari
I'm NOT doing the combat system. At all. IT WAS EVIL, EEEEVIL!!!
I.... Aww. I thought that could have been good! this site has a dice roll thingie as well! :D

Okay everyone! I made the RP thread, and I hope anyone looking at it considers joining. : )

[link]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back