• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (Interesrt Check) Smash Bros. Esque RP

Which way would you prefer the story be done?

• a)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b)

• c) A Free For All (everyone against everyone). Idea courtesy of Natevess

• Total voters

2SEATER

Howdy
Recently (well not really) the video game Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was released. This is the fourth entry in a long running series that pits various Nintendo characters against each other in a cartoony and over the top fighting game. Over the years the roster has grown to include a few third party characters, such as Solid Snake (Metal Gear series) and PAC-MAN(take a guess). This has made me think "What if someone made a massive Smash Bros. esque RP where you can play as any game character ever?". That someone is me, but first I need to see if there's any interest. You could be any game character you wanted, be it protaginist or antagonist. There are two ways we could do the story:

a) Good characters against bad characters (eg. Mario vs Bowser)

or

b) All characters united against common enemy (eg. Mario + Bowser)

I'll make a poll for this. Just to let you know, if this actually happens then this will be my first RP ever, so if your an intermediate RPer and are interested help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tripodric

[QUOTE="the illest]me

[/QUOTE]
Great. I'm thinking about one or two more people till I open up an actual RP thread.

Synaria said:
Tentatively interested.
I'll take that as a yes :P . But seriously, I don't know if there is enough people interested in this for it to be viable. I'll wait till after Christmas to make the actual RP thread.

I'm interested, but is it possible there could be a third option for say, a tournament or something, with an FFA with all against all?

Natevess said:
I'm interested, but is it possible there could be a third option for say, a tournament or something, with an FFA with all against all?
God, how didn't I think of that?! I've edited the poll to include third option, so if people have already voted, they can change their vote if they want. Thanks man.

[QUOTE="David Parks]I'm in!

[/QUOTE]
Great! I won't be setting it up till after Christmas as many people are probably away, but stay tuned.

AvidElmV2 said:
I am dying for some Smash Bros. !
Ill

Tripodric said:
(Didn't mean to send that). I'll try and get it up tomorrow.

So the pole seems to be a tie between option b) and c). If either of them gets another vote then that's what I'll go with. If we can't get another vote then I'll just flipna coin or something.

One flaw I see in this is deciding on if the player will lose the fight or win the fight.

LifeNovel said:
One flaw I see in this is deciding on if the player will lose the fight or win the fight.
Well this problem is averted if we go with b), as the characters won't be fighting each other but some other problem. This would be a problem in c) tough, because no many people would be willing to let their character die.

Well I guess you can approach it that way but if you were to pursue the tournament option and have actual players wanting to fight against each other then you can use dice. (I personally don't know the whole dice thing but have seen it used.)

That's a good idea. I've never used it before, but it could work. We'll just wait and see what option wins.

I tried to do something like this a while back, I'm interested. As for an antagonist for option B, I recommend Master Hand.

Tripodric said:
*stares back at Yonsisac*
Merry Christmas to you too and glad to hear you're interested.
*Slowli pulls out Pistol*

.........Shhhhhhh......Im snake.....You are Invalide

*Slowli hides in Box puts a mexican Sombrero on the box*

Yonsisac said:
*Slowli pulls out Pistol*
.........Shhhhhhh......Im snake.....You are Invalide

*Slowli hides in Box puts a mexican Sombrero on the box*
Well we know who your gonna play as.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back