What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Inside the Great Maker - Exalted IC

Dice System
Exalted 2.5
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Needle quickly brings both Ray and Flowering up to speed about the discovery of the mystery datacube that she found on her doorstep. "I suspect that this has something of interest, but my naturally suspicious nature has me thinking that this might be of interest to our current investigations, and I didn't want to access the files in here by myself. Now, lets see what we have here, shall we?"

She then opens the first file to examine its contents.

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
The first, smaller file you look at is a simple text message. It reads:

Forgive my odd means of getting you this message, but my Nemesis has many pawns set against me, so I must be careful. I have watched you and your fellow Champions closely, and at last, I am convinced that you have not been tampered with by my hated foe. He has been working to incite a war between Kamak, Yugash and Estasia, and it was only due to your interference that his initial plot was foiled. Because of that, you and your Circle are in grave danger, along with the members of the Tripartite Assembly. I have learned that there is going to be another attempt to start his planned war in the form of a large explosive set to take out the summit, killing all that attend. This explosive is already in place, somewhere in the auditorium, and it is set to go off sometime in the middle of the negotiations.

I do not believe that our Nemesis is aware of your secret search for him, a fact that has kept you from becoming a higher priority target. He has ways of changing his appearance, so trust no one, and use extreme caution. If you are able to stop the bombing, I will attempt to make contact with you again.

Most Assurant of Three Assemblies

The other files show pictures of the auditorium that the summit meeting has been taking place, five images with notes saying that it is likely that the explosives are likely to be hidden away behind walls and floor panels.

A quick check of your chronometers show that the next meeting of the summit is due to take place in less than three hours.

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Needle lets out a low growl of anger. "This is damaging my calm. I am quite glad that you are here with me right now. We have to act quickly to determine if this document has any kind of truth to it, and if so, locate and disarm these bombs."

OOC Do we have any kind of database of Exalts from other nations? Have any of us heard of the Most Assurant of Three Assemblies?

Arynne

Salmon of Doubt
"Why not check for bombs first? For that matter, why haven't the Regulators or Ein herself done a deep-sweep for bombs? Especially after what's happened already?"

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Needle looks over at Flowering and says, "Who knows when the last sweep for explosives has taken place, and there is the real chance that the ones doing the searching has been affected by this unknown Exalt, this Nemesis, with their minds having been altered. We can alert Ein and let her examine the area, because if it is possible to alter her mind, we are already done for. It would just be a matter of time."

OOC I presume that we have means of getting in touch with Ein herself?

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
OOC I presume that we have means of getting in touch with Ein herself?
Normally it would take some bit of time and hoops to jump through to get to Ein directly, but in special circumstances you can pull the emergency card to get immediate access, just so long as you don't do it too often. Assuming that there are bombs in the conference room, you would certainly be justified. Do you call on Ein?

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Normally it would take some bit of time and hoops to jump through to get to Ein directly, but in special circumstances you can pull the emergency card to get immediate access, just so long as you don't do it too often. Assuming that there are bombs in the conference room, you would certainly be justified. Do you call on Ein?
Absolutely. Do we need to access her at her Core, or can we contact her from my quarters?

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
You are able to remotely contact Ein from your quarters, but if you wish, you can go to the Core and communicate with her 'in person'.

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Needle goes to the intercom and tries to get in touch with Ein. "Priority communication. I must speak with Ein immediately."

Random Word

Two Thousand Club
Ray casually leans against the wall and polishes her essence cannon. Waking up Ein for this seems excessive - it is, after all, just an anonymous bomb threat - but Needle is wicked smart so if she wants Ein, she'll get Ein.

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
It takes a moment for the communication network to transfer your call to the heart of the city, but soon after you have a holographic avatar of Ein. "Greetings, Champions. Your incoming call indicated a priority situation. How may I assist you today?"

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Needle quickly explains the situation to the elder Exalt, making sure to go into detail of the warning that they have received from this unknown benefactor. She says, "Noble Ein, we must act as if this threat is credible, and the other resources we have may be compromised. I would strenuously request that you make another sweep of the meeting room and the surrounding areas."

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Ein's avatar on the screen frowns, then says, "This is . . . troubling. I will dispatch drones to begin a thorough search, and will warn the Tripartite Assembly of the potential threat. In order to keep your names from drawing the attention of this Nemesis, I will not say where the tip came from. I hope that you are wrong about this, but after what happened at the landing pad, I suspect the worst. I advise you to continue your investigation, and keep me informed on what you find out. Try to establish contact with this Most Assurant of Three Assemblies, and to answer your question, no, I have not heard of any Exalt of that designation, either in Kamak, or any of the other nations around us. End of line."

What do the three of you do now?

Users who are viewing this thread