• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings *Insert Eye Catching Title Here*

Oenanthe

Your Local Schmuck
tenor.gif

Last Updated: 6/16/2018​
A VERY SKIPPABLE INTRO

I'm baaackkk. I can never truly die, I merely disappear into obscurity and rise from my own ashes like a really annoying Pheonix with mange and a terrible cough. For those of you who don't recognize me (or haven't heard of me), which is probably the vast majority of you, I am Oenanthe. A veteran on this site most known for co-forming really great RP ideas, writing them out, then when its all said and done just clipping out of existence like a Bathesda glitch then reappearing on your doorstep a few months later ready to go again. Many of my writing partners become friends and some I have been writing with for over nine years. Unfortunately, my significant other has gotten a REAL job so I have all hours of the day until I go to work to do something with myself. I volunteer, workout, mutilate a poor ukulele, play video games and watch Netflix with my cat, but what really keeps me busy is a juicy story. So I'm on the hunt, again, for more people to meet and stories to write. Think of me like Gandalf, I might be a pain but I'll be your pain and I come with fireworks.

OKAY PICK IT BACK UP HERE, IMPORTANT STUFF STARTS NOW

Let's get down to it. Despite being an avid chatter, and drooling over long roleplays I really don't enjoy pouring my heart and soul into these search post. Please, if you have any questions just message me and I'd love to discuss more there.

What I'm Looking For In A Partner:

• MINIMUM 3 paragraphs per reply, otherwise I will match your length. My “happy spot” is about 5-6 paragraphs. That, however, is not my max.

• I prefer to play a female, but, I can easily play male and will always do so when doubling.

• Romance is almost mandatory, but should not be the focal (unless specified)

• M/F is pairing of choice, but I'm flexible.

• Please respond at least once a week (or send me a heads up if you plan to be away for a bit). I usually respond once a day to once a week depending.

• Preferably be 18+

• I prefer Oc/Oc during fandoms with exceptions, just ask! I will NOT do canon/canon

giphy.gif

( **** -> , Indicate desire level. 5 being highest)

CURRENT STRONGEST CRAVING(S):
Fallout / Apocalyptic

Fandoms
  • Fallout *****​
  • Mass Effect *​
  • Dragon Age ****​
  • Assassins Creed ***​
  • Steven Universe (Gemsonas only) ***​
  • Harry Potter ***​
  • Elder Scrolls ****​
  • Marvel ***** (I'd love for someone to play Dr Strange, can double)​
  • Eragon ****​
  • Monster Hunter World ****​
Maybe a Little Stolen Original Plots
The role in bold is the one I'd like, but remember that doubling is always an option. If nothing is bold then I'm cool with any role.
Please feel free to pitch your own plots to me!

tumblr_npl2a0J8KP1u365uio1_500.gif

- Fantasy Inspired Stories -
(Sci-fi is currently hosted here since there aren't enough to warrant it's own section)
TAKEN
1) Muse A and Muse B have been best friends for years, going everywhere than can together and doing everything. Muse B has always been the type to get into trouble, and Muse A has always been their counterpart and getting them out. After graduating from high school, they have one summer to spend before trotting off to separate colleges. They decide on a spontaneous summer-long road trip cross-country, spent in cheap motels and tourist destinations. Muse A and Muse B decide to take a pit stop off of the side of the road at a seedy gas station after dark to fuel the car and their stomachs before taking off again. They weren’t the only ones with a similar idea. A lone vampire, Muse C, that’s also passing through comes into contact with Muse B and does everything possible to lure them out for a draining. Muse A has developed a sort of sixth-sense whenever it comes to Muse B and, by now, it’s been too long since they went inside to pay for gas and grab snacks. In a moment of life or death, Muse A leaps at the vampire in a blaze of fury and protective impulses, and wings unfold from their back after eighteen years of confinement. Intrigued, Muse C, isn’t willing to give up the hunt so soon, and gives a false sense of security by fleeing from the scene. Muse A and B are both stunned and shocked by the incident and head to the nearest motel to recuperate and decide their next step, Muse C on their tails the entire time.

Option 2: Muse A and Muse C roles are switched. The vampire has been around Muse B for as long as they can remember and the angel intervenes in attempts to save their life. Although, Muse B is convinced the exact opposite.

Option 3: Muse C has been pinning/hunting after Muse B, but has always found Muse A to be consistently in the way

2) Several years of diplomatic communications with extraterrestrial beings have culminated in peace between aliens and humans. With no imminent threat of harm, earthly life continues as usual and the existence of aliens is no longer something to fear but something to be excited about. Aliens and humans have agreed to work together for the betterment of both worlds; aliens are granted access to natural resources on earth that they cannot find on their own planet, and in exchange, they offer earth access to advanced technologies that even the brightest humans could not conceive. The aliens are sending a troop of their kind to earth on the first ever collection mission this evening. Government officials will meet them at the designated landing site and one lucky civilian, chosen by a lottery drawing, will be invited. Muse A is this lucky civilian who has won the privilege of hosting an alien ambassador in their home for the duration of the extraterrestrials’ visit. Muse A will be compensated monetarily and also have bragging rights over a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience. Muse B, the alien ambassador who will stay in Muse A’s home, is charged with the task of learning about modern earth culture and seeing how far humanity has advanced in the last few decades.
Who will learn more from whom?
Optional: the aliens can mimic the appearance of humans nearly perfectly due to an ability to shift the structure of their DNA at will

3) Muse A is coming of age in their magical family. On their 20th birthday, they learn what element (water, air, earth, or fire) they have been gifted with. Muse A has been under the impression and hope that they will have inherited the same element that their parents and grandparents have been blessed with, however they come to discover that they have been bestowed with the opposite element. According to rules set forth in the family’s grimoire, Muse A must learn to master their gift from a witch/warlock who possesses the same elemental power as they do. Muse B, who has the same element as Muse A, becomes Muse A’s reluctant mentor. Muse B is brilliant and powerful, but lacks in the department of manners and compassion, especially when Muse A shows difficulty harnessing their new abilities. Muse B is condescending and impatient often without provocation. One day, Muse A meets their wit’s end with Muse B’s treatment and they demand to know why Muse B is so hostile toward them. Muse B reveals that they come from rival families and they are only teaching Muse A due to the terms of a 1,000 year old truce. Once Muse A has mastered their gift, however, the ceasefire will be over. And the families will once again be at odds.

tumblr_nxmfr13MUH1ufmrulo1_400.gif

- Stories Inspired By Physical Conflicts -
1) Muse A is a single parent who managed to avoid the draft due to a chronic limp, poor vision, heart murmur, etc. Living on the edge of Country A, they struggle to find a way to protect themselves and their child(ren) without the resources to move closer to the capital. Muse B, the eccentric recruiter for an emerging survivalist group, brings them into the group’s compound and begins to teach them how to use a gun and patrol the compound’s fences. While Muse A wrestles with distrust of the group’s overzealous leader, who preaches anti-government in entirety, and the need to protect their child(ren), they learn to be a militia soldier. It’s only a matter of time until the battles begin.
Optional: Muse C is a spy in the compound who tries to enlist Muse A as a saboteur.

2) Muse A is a drafted soldier who was wounded in one of their first battles, only to wake up in a town on the other side of the border after scavengers mistook them for one of their own. In order to survive, they must begin a subterfuge, masquerading as a soldier from the other side, and somehow manage to fool Muse B, the person who’s been caring for them since they were saved. When the town is invaded by their own side, they’re faced with a decision: protecting their saviors or rejoining their country.
Optional: Muse B found an I.D. on them initially and knew the entire time.

3) A newly-built barracks placed for border defense is faced with a unique challenge that has nothing to do with the other side: its soldiers are reporting sightings of a mysterious cryptid with red eyes that flies over them at night. When a member of the patrol disappears, rumors abound that he was taken while officers claim that he deserted. In the end orders are issued to hunt and capture the creature terrorizing the barracks, and Muse A, a reluctant researcher brought in by the military, is forced to try to track it down, while Muse B, a prisoner of war, takes the opportunity to pretend they know what the creature is in order to make a chance to escape. Together they make a quirky monster-hunting team.

Optional: Muse C is a soldier who created the monster as a hoax to get out of patrol duty.

a49bb15af78d938e149f47a1ed67c9fb.gif

- Historically Inspired Roleplays -
1) Muse A has been groomed since birth to be a respectable noble-person, constantly reminded to practice the etiquette proper for their gender and expected to anticipate the day they will meet a well-bred suitor. Muse B has never enjoyed the privileged life despite being within arm’s reach of it; they’ve worked on the estate grounds for Muse A’s family since they were a mere child and have observed the high life of the aristocracy all the while with envious eyes. Perhaps due to their contrary social standings, Muse A has always been fascinated with Muse B and vice versa. With Muse A constantly under the watchful eye of their chaperone, Muse A and Muse B have resorted to leaving letters for one another in an old tree on the property; they’ve been planning for several days to meet one another in secret.

tumblr_njjlcumWnR1u7gnm9o1_500.gif

- Realistic/Modern Inspired Plots-

1) Muse A is the rich trust fund kid who’s golfing with daddy and his associates one afternoon and Muse B is the idiot at the driving range trying to learn how to golf because they bet their friend they could beat them at any sport. turns out muse b sucks more at golf than they thought because they just nailed Muse A in the leg with one of their terrible hits.

2) Our muses were on a cruise ship when suddenly foul weather strikes. A massive wave collides with the vessel at just the right location and the whole boat capsizes! Castaway!

3) A drunken one night stand between Muse A and Muse B ends up blossoming into something more. They wake up next to each other and begin a little small talk to cut through the awkwardness. The more they share, the more Muse A and Muse B realize that the strong desire and attraction they felt is still there, and nearly overwhelming. It seems like a picture-perfect case of love at first sight until Muse A reveals that they are a police officer. Muse B is suddenly stricken with panic at the new information, because they are *insert crime here*.

Try one of my mixed drinks!
(Or suggest something of your own)

A "mixed drink" is when you take two plots and put them together! I especially love crossing a fandom with an original plot. Let me know your ideas! If you haven't noticed, a general theme of mine is I want to hear your thoughts. Sure mine can be good but take two pretty alright ideas and put them together and you've got yourself one hell of a story!​

wUiqvl9.gif

Happy Writing
~ Oenanthe​

Last edited:
Hello. I would be very interested in rolepalying with you. Your plots are well thought out, your ideas seem to never cease.

Hey I think I could try and take a crack at playing Dr. Strange for you! I would prefer to double up with Marvel. Message me if you're interested! Oenanthe Oenanthe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back