• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Inorim: The Call - A Long-Term, Multi-Genre Adventure

JustNicole

1*YjXZXsF3nMj4GkQWo4mmrw.jpeg

Inorim: The Call
“It is not down in any map; true places never are.” – Herman Melville​

"It is time. Notify the Forged."

"Are we sure, sir? They are simply children."

"We were all children once, Ala."

"You know what I mean, sir. They're not ready."

"Ready or not, Inorim wills it so. The Call has already been made, and the Zenipath is here."

"We are committed, then?"

"Yes, we are committed."

"Very well, sir; I shall notify the Forged at once."

Premise
Welcome to the interest check for a new roleplay and story called Inorim: The Call. This roleplay will be a long term, multi-genre adventure. This means this interest check is posted within the Realistic/Modern section (more on that later), the story itself will contain elements from a variety of different genres including high fantasy, science fiction, cyberunk, post apocalypse and more. The adventure will challenge characters in a variety of interesting, engaging ways providing new opportunities for character growth and development while also exploring this unknown universe.

Character Information
The story will begin in a modern/realistic setting. The year is 2019. The story will begin at Bellview High School in the fiction town of Bellview, a small suburb of Indianapolis. Characters will be roughly fifteen to eighteen years in age and for all intensive purposes, normal. This means if you were to walk, today, into any decently sized high school you should be able to find someone who roughly represents your character in most aspects. Characters can be born or have lived anywhere prior, but they must live and be attending Bellview High School. Prom has arrived, and player characters will be attending the event.

Combat skills will not be present in this roleplay. Challenges in this roleplay will require wit, tactics, negotation, speed, and more, but combat will not be one of those. While this roleplay may have player characters coming face to face with dangerous characters or situations, your character is simply a high school student, not some trained FBI agent or military special operations operative. Player characters will not be able to fight their way out of situations. Everyone that a player character faces will be more trained, more skilled, more equipped, or more capable at combat, and to face them in combat is guaranteed death.

Please note that part of this roleplay will involve player characters being changed, transformed, or modified in order for the story to advance. These changes would be strictly focused on physical aspects and generally apply at the same time to every character. For example, there may be a situation that sees player characters' eyes begin glowing in the dark. Another situation may be seeing player characters grow gills. There will be opportunities for players to help shape or define how something applies to their character, but it is important to understand that such changes will be core to the story and not optional.

Writing/Roleplay Experience
As a writing experience, this will largely involve the characters operating in one singular unit or group, save for the occasional situation where the group may be divided for one reason or another. Each character will be given an opportunity to have a "hero moment," if that is something that a player wants for their character. Hero moments are highlight moments where your character is given an opportunity to stand out of the crowd and do something that directly impacts the story for other players' characters.

Players should be willing to work along and help other characters reach their full potential, so that everyone can have their hero moment. For example, one player may seek to have a hero moment for their character by having their character create some sort of distraction that allows the rest of the group to escape. Later on, that character who had the hero moment earlier which allowed the group to escape assists in another character's hero moment by letting them stand on their shoulders to reach a ledge that will allow that character to find a rope they can drop to the rest of the group, allowing the whole group to advance forward.

Player Information
I am seeking approximately three to five people for this roleplay. An ideal person for this roleplay is a dedicated, experienced writer capable of producing several paragraphs of writing every other weekday. Their posts, ideally, be ones that interact with other characters, provides new opportunities for others to interact with their characters, and help move the story along. Clear, strong communication skills are highly desired.

Given the smaller group size for this roleplay, I will be seeking a writing sample that indicates what an average post looks like for you. You can submit a writing sample by sending me a PM with the title "Inorim Writing Sample". Assuming that there are enough people interested, I will communicate next steps at that time.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing from you. If you have questions, please reply in this thread or send me a PM directly.

Last edited:
I know that it's been a while since you posted this, but I'm still really excited about this roleplay and will be ready to engage if it ever starts.

Oh my, I just saw this pop up and it seems interesting! I wouldn't mind sending in one of my writing samples if you're still planning to do this RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back