Infuriating School Regulations

got a friend who studied in some private catholic school. there were a ton of restrictions on clothing, appearance and whatnot, but the most unnecessary and somewhat illogical was the ban on braided hair, based on some few bible verses for the sake of modesty. modest my ass

christ jesus. i'd like to have a lengthy chat with whoever even thought of t h a t.

I hate those kinds of rules with a passion. That's why I used to publicly strip down to my T-shirt and shorts when I was in middle school.

Man, I thought I had it rough in school. Jfc some of these comments make me wonder what's wrong with school systems.
My junior high was pretty strict. Like, we couldn't hug ANYONE. Because that was PDA and that was highly offensive to our jackass principal. We also couldn't wear shorts with fringe?? It was so weird. I got dresscoded for wearing burmuda shorts with half an inch of fringe on them. God forbid I want to stay cool while marching in 85+ degree weather, right?

Man, I thought I had it rough in school. Jfc some of these comments make me wonder what's wrong with school systems.
My junior high was pretty strict. Like, we couldn't hug ANYONE. Because that was PDA and that was highly offensive to our jackass principal. We also couldn't wear shorts with fringe?? It was so weird. I got dresscoded for wearing burmuda shorts with half an inch of fringe on them. God forbid I want to stay cool while marching in 85+ degree weather, right?

I would hug you. Right in front of the principal.

Sheesh. Some people need a prescription for chill pills.

Went to a private Catholic school, where girls can’t wear knee length shorts but short skirts and blouse-dresses are apparently fine.

Also. If there’s Mass, you’re obligated to attend regardless of your religion.

What infuriates me most le is the lack of respect of the teachers to mature individuals because I expect to be treated as a respected individual. A school cannot last without students and therefore students are a part of this school and should be respected. Student body is a joke so don’t say we have free will on that

not all heroes wear capes
The school has every right to put on regulations especially if it’s a private religious school so if you don’t like it just go to a public school

Went to a private Catholic school, where girls can’t wear knee length shorts but short skirts and blouse-dresses are apparently fine.

Also. If there’s Mass, you’re obligated to attend regardless of your religion.
Again that’s a catholic school if you want to join that school you have to follow their rules, I never go there because of my non religious ideals but if you don’t like their rules go to public schools where it’s more accepting there. If it is just knee length shorts only that’s the case I’d honestly advocate for you

Well this is a long shot to argue but in most cases your right and you should wear shorts but I’ll have to say no on the shorrness of short shorts if it’s super short like to the length down of g strings . I’m terribly sorry to say but I’m not a supporter of girls dressing like sluts to school and expecting boys to not fuck them in public for being so sexy. AGAIN THIS MAY NOT BE YOUR CASE but that’s just my views and ideals on dress code for public schools.

My elementary school was hell after the first principal left. The second one cracked down on a lot of fun stuff, including the forest behind the school. She was kind of safety-mad and would crack down on stuff for the lightest injury. It only got worse for my brother. The third principal was corrupt as fuck, banning basically all the games, except for the ones the cool kids played, taking tropes from bullies to stop punishment, all that kind of shit. He was so happy to get out of there
Gotta hand it to you I have nothing to disagree so I feel sorry and I hope your current life is better

Sano was lucky, then.
Had to go to a private school.
We wore uniforms. No big deal.
EXCEPT
When we were on school grounds and outside, which was a lot, and it was cold, which it was during school, we got to wear...
basically zip-up second shirt.
These things kept me warm inside the building.
Outside in rushing winds and 20-40º temperatures for half an hour to an hour?
For four years?

Sucked.
I honestly feel bad for you bro, I never liked uniforms as it made me feel more like a sheep in the herd

Maybe it's different in your part of the state, but I'm a Minnesotan too. I'm Lutheran and my best friend is Catholic. In my small town and the greater area around it there isn't any tension at all between denominations, and the pledge of allegiance stopped being a thing in elementary, though we're a conservative leaning community. Never have I said 'Amen' after it, because it's a patriotic pledge and not a prayer. I love my country with all my heart, but I pray to God and not the flag. I feel badly about your experiences, but I just wanted to let you know that these things aren't Statewide. I hope things turned out better!

Also, there isn't much difference between the version of the Bible used by Lutherans, and that used by Catholics. If I'm not mistaken, they just have some more Old Testament books that Protestantism rejects. How did things work out? :)
I didn't know that. I really bothered to make an extensive study into religious texts aside from the history, stories, and a few of the passages. Basically I ended up as a kid viewing the Bible as just another fictional story and religion became a subject that was avoided again in the family. Then I was able to eventually get out of that school and I managed to find a school which wouldn't tolerate that behavior.
Maybe it's different in your part of the state, but I'm a Minnesotan too. I'm Lutheran and my best friend is Catholic. In my small town and the greater area around it there isn't any tension at all between denominations, and the pledge of allegiance stopped being a thing in elementary, though we're a conservative leaning community. Never have I said 'Amen' after it, because it's a patriotic pledge and not a prayer. I love my country with all my heart, but I pray to God and not the flag. I feel badly about your experiences, but I just wanted to let you know that these things aren't Statewide. I hope things turned out better!

Also, there isn't much difference between the version of the Bible used by Lutherans, and that used by Catholics. If I'm not mistaken, they just have some more Old Testament books that Protestantism rejects. How did things work out? :)

I’m just not gonna dabble in the religious aspect but do notice that this is a private school and not public

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is a long shot to argue but in most cases your right and you should wear shorts but I’ll have to say no on the shorrness of short shorts if it’s super short like to the length down of g strings . I’m terribly sorry to say but I’m not a supporter of girls dressing like sluts to school and expecting boys to not fuck them in public for being so sexy. AGAIN THIS MAY NOT BE YOUR CASE but that’s just my views and ideals on dress code for public schools.

bermunda shorts. they were bermuda shorts.
8179125_fpx.tif

Also, we're talking about 11-13 year old girls here. Don't refer to them as sluts or sexy. They're children. The majority of boys won't stoop down to "fuck them in public" either. But if they were to do that, then why is that the girl's issue? It's entirely the perpetrator's fault for assaulting someone regardless of how they happen to look.

8179125_fpx.tif

Also, we're talking about 11-13 year old girls here. Don't refer to them as sluts or sexy. They're children. The majority of boys won't stoop down to "fuck them in public" either. But if they were to do that, then why is that the girl's issue? It's entirely the perpetrator's fault for assaulting someone regardless of how they happen to look.
Well I live in the same country as yours and where I’m from we have girls here with their shirts going over their shorts so you can’t even see their shorts. I did not know that yours is a middle school as for me it’s high school and that’s the kind of shit everyday for me while the fucking part is too extreme but it’s wrong to be able to tease boys like that.

8179125_fpx.tif

And as well to add it is not always the perpetrator’s fault but rather the females fault most of the times but no one notices it . Men are not the brightest and are practically cavemen as for women they are a lot more devious and crafty so what can look like rape can actually be a woman seducing a man and after she is pleased she uses the man as a scapegoat and calls it rape. It’s pretty easy and evil in today’s society and similar things happened such as the scottsborogh boys . Look it up and try to doubt me on that kind of stuff, that was just one fameous case but if that’s just a fameous case then think all of the non fameous cases that happened where the innocent get punished

Last edited by a moderator:
And as well to add it is not always the perpetrator’s fault but rather the females fault most of the times but no one notices it . Men are not the brightest and are practically cavemen as for women they are a lot more devious and crafty so what can look like rape can actually be a woman seducing a man and after she is pleased she uses the man as a scapegoat and calls it rape. It’s pretty easy and evil in today’s society and similar things happened such as the scottsborogh boys . Look it up and try to doubt me on that kind of stuff, that was just one fameous case but if that’s just a fameous case then think all of the non fameous cases that happened where the innocent get punished

You're a troll. Please be a troll.

Men are not cavemen. They're human beings.

That's not every assault, because all victims are different. Sure, that happens with a lot of cases but that isn't always it.
Also the Scottsboro Boys are a whole lot different. This was in the 1930's in Alabama. If you know anything about that era and region, then you'll know it wasn't just women being slutty. This was a whole lot more and it's disgusting of you to reduce this to just what I previously said.

You're a troll. Please be a troll.

Men are not cavemen. They're human beings.

That's not every assault, because all victims are different. Sure, that happens with a lot of cases but that isn't always it.
Also the Scottsboro Boys are a whole lot different. This was in the 1930's in Alabama. If you know anything about that era and region, then you'll know it wasn't just women being slutty. This was a whole lot more and it's disgusting of you to reduce this to just what I previously said.
I’m not trolling sister and history does repeat itself even to today but you just don’t know it yet. The scottsborogh boys are actually in he raw detail about women vs black men that have been twisted by politics for self greed. The women actually did not have sex with the black men but instead had sex with other men before they got on the train and accused the black men. I know it isn’t all the time but it is very ... very possible and easy for the man to be sent to prison even tho he would be innocent . Men are actually cavemen and are not as smart as women . Women are a lot more complicated than men and only a select few men can understand while the rest don’t work out ... that’s a factor as of why half of America is divorced .

i'm just gonna ignore you right here Lenny2000 Lenny2000

i get the fact that those who choose to enroll at private schools or any institution are obliged to follow rules. i get it. it's just that people like my friend have feelings and preferences as well. but i can't stand for anyone implying that it's all right for anybody to be raped if they don't follow a set of criteria such as clothing or appearance. that's just repelling. it's not normal. it's a crime.

Last edited:
I’m not trolling sister and history does repeat itself even to today but you just don’t know it yet. The scottsborogh boys are actually in he raw detail about women vs black men that have been twisted by politics for self greed. The women actually did not have sex with the black men but instead had sex with other men before they got on the train and accused the black men. I know it isn’t all the time but it is very ... very possible and easy for the man to be sent to prison even tho he would be innocent . Men are actually cavemen and are not as smart as women . Women are a lot more complicated than men and only a select few men can understand while the rest don’t work out ... that’s a factor as of why half of America is divorced .

Not to be rude, but I call bull puckey. I know plenty of men who are smarter then me, and I know some who might make me look 'simple' in comparison. Men aren't animals, committing a crime such as sexual assault is a choice on the perpetrators part, not the victims. Attackers aren't just being 'one of the boys', they're mentally ill and in need of a rude awakening. It has nothing to do with how she dresses, and everything to do with how he was raised.

Based on your argument, I shouldn't be held at fault if I break into an unlocked car. You seduced me by leaving the windows down in your Ferrari. It was your fault, not mine that I stole it and took it for a joyride. You ensnared me! I'm just a dim witted animal!

Many defendants have tried that line in court, and there's a reason it has never worked. It just doesn't make sense. Every man and woman is responsible for their own actions. We all are equally accountable for our decisions, unless we aren't, for which we have the insanity plea. This isn't some 'modern' notion either, it's firmly rooted in the 'common law' ideals that laid the foundation for the justice systems in the western world. I suppose, history does repeat itself.

Y'all seem to be getting off-topic here. How about getting back onto the original subject?

This isn't specific to just my school but. I understand why truancy is illegal in the U.S. but I think it's incredibly stupid that juvie and/or being put into a group home are their immediate solutions instead of... helping you. For most of school I was absent, but still managed to maintain above d's (aka passing grades!) for pretty much all my classes. I was either 14 or 15 and the only reason why I was absent was because of how incredibly depressed I was, but I was still threatened with juvie and being removed from my home, and god knows how my life would've been different if the court didn't take pity on me. Sure if I'd been committing any other crimes in addition to truancy that would've made sense, though personally I think in the case of minors/children especially rehabilitation attempts and therapy would be much better than any kind of jail.

Like how in any world should too sad to show up = juvie make sense? I recall knowing other people who were almost never at school because of mental health problems, and I wonder if they were threatened with the same stuff and if any one of them were forced into juvie or being removed from their homes. Shit still pisses me off.

This isn't specific to just my school but. I understand why truancy is illegal in the U.S. but I think it's incredibly stupid that juvie and/or being put into a group home are their immediate solutions instead of... helping you. For most of school I was absent, but still managed to maintain above d's (aka passing grades!) for pretty much all my classes. I was either 14 or 15 and the only reason why I was absent was because of how incredibly depressed I was, but I was still threatened with juvie and being removed from my home, and god knows how my life would've been different if the court didn't take pity on me. Sure if I'd been committing any other crimes in addition to truancy that would've made sense, though personally I think in the case of minors/children especially rehabilitation attempts and therapy would be much better than any kind of jail.

Like how in any world should too sad to show up = juvie make sense? I recall knowing other people who were almost never at school because of mental health problems, and I wonder if they were threatened with the same stuff and if any one of them were forced into juvie or being removed from their homes. Shit still pisses me off.
Gotta agree with you . For most. Cases of people that are mentally sane prison or juvy would actually mentally deteriorate the people here to become bigger criminals but those are only for the innocent people who just have depression like u . The prisons in my view should be mainly for things that are far more serious such as murder or grand arson

During my senior year in high school, on my first day, the principal wouldn't allow me in since I was wearing an eyelet dress because it had holes in them, and there was fabric under the 'holes' aka eyelets. It was a pretty modest dress. It went down to my knees and I had a cardigan over it. I had to have my mom bring me a new dress. I think the reason this made me so mad is because I had worn that same dress multiple times the year before.

I just skimmed the thread and saw 10 days absences or something, but my college here has a rule of 4 absences, excused AND unexcused. If you surpass 4 absences (I suppose unless you're in the hospital, but doctor visits and the flu doesn't count if you're not attached to an IV in the emergency room), you get dropped a letter grade.

Some classes don't take attendance, like my biology course, but the rest are very stringent about how many days you miss. It's a university wide rule, and a professor can either choose to enforce attendance or ignore it. Most of them enforce it. As someone with health issues, it sucks having to sometimes limp painfully to classes all day because the tendons in my foot or back are acting up, or I accidentally consumed something contaminated with gluten (celiac disease is a literal pain ugh) during lunch.

Last year we were allowed to bring whatever coats to school, but we weren't allowed to wear them in class (even in rooms where the heating barely works).
Mid last year, I think just after Christmas, a teacher made surveys about releasing a new jacket with the school crest on. And since it'd be part of uniform we could wear it during class. I don't know what the majority thought (I said no because it's cost 60 euro), but they released coats.

They have banned any other coat on school grounds, only one we can wear is school coat, so that means that (it was around Christmas time) all the people who had recently bought coats are now gone to waste and they have to spend additional 60 Euro on another coat.
And we can't even wear it in class, most teachers tell you to take it off. They lied to us to sell their coats and regulations now mean we can't even wear out old ones at all.

This year I just wear my own coat (although I own a school jacket it's horribly uncomfortable and ugly) and I take it off once I get off my school bus

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back