Infuriating School Regulations

Thaurer

Okay so, absolutely ridiculous thing at my school, just want to rant - and I encourage others to do the same here - but the fact you can only miss ten unexcused days and ten doctor excused is my issue. I understand. For most cases, twenty days is a lot. Except for some people, ex. me. Considering it's just not some common I have, IT'S KINDA DIFFICULT. When a doctor mentions you could potentially have surgery, you might be put on a feeding tube, and stuff related to that, it's not only just feeling sick that's bothersome - it's a ungodly large pile of stress. Good lord above, it's not even that I want to miss school, it's so inconvenient to in fact. May the gods have mercy on my soul.
... Anyone else can freely share some things that bother them as well, doesn't even have to be school related either honestly.

My elementary school was hell after the first principal left. The second one cracked down on a lot of fun stuff, including the forest behind the school. She was kind of safety-mad and would crack down on stuff for the lightest injury. It only got worse for my brother. The third principal was corrupt as fuck, banning basically all the games, except for the ones the cool kids played, taking tropes from bullies to stop punishment, all that kind of shit. He was so happy to get out of there

Your health comes before your public school's shilling. I'm sure you could have them sued if they took punitive action on you if you had a legitimate major surgery coming up.

I was lucky, then.
Had to go to a private school.
We wore uniforms. No big deal.
EXCEPT
When we were on school grounds and outside, which was a lot, and it was cold, which it was during school, we got to wear...
basically zip-up second shirt.
These things kept me warm inside the building.
Outside in rushing winds and 20-40º temperatures for half an hour to an hour?
For four years?

Sucked.

Last edited:
Since we're focusing more on high schools and whatnot, I went to a private Christian school for part of elementary and then throughout middle and high school. I think one of the most infuriating things for me was the uniform standards. I didn't have a problem with the uniform since it made it easy to get dressed each day when I was basically wearing the same thing over and over again. My problem was that by my senior year, they were trying to take away female rights to wearing the shorts and pants because 'not enough girls are buying them'. It was the dumbest shit ever to me and I literally didn't even own any skirts at that point. The uniforms are expensive, too, so it wouldn't have been a cheap wardrobe change for literally one year. They ended up conceding and letting us females wear the shorts and pants, but it pissed me off when they brought it up.

Since we're focusing more on high schools and whatnot, I went to a private Christian school for part of elementary and then throughout middle and high school. I think one of the most infuriating things for me was the uniform standards. I didn't have a problem with the uniform since it made it easy to get dressed each day when I was basically wearing the same thing over and over again. My problem was that by my senior year, they were trying to take away female rights to wearing the shorts and pants because 'not enough girls are buying them'. It was the dumbest shit ever to me and I literally didn't even own any skirts at that point. The uniforms are expensive, too, so it wouldn't have been a cheap wardrobe change for literally one year. They ended up conceding and letting us females wear the shorts and pants, but it pissed me off when they brought it up.
I feel your pain.
I don't think it wasn't female rights; more that many private schools, Christian schools included, seem to be greedy.
Even if girls weren't buying "enough" shirts and shorts, it would (I assume?) provide more money, and if they were buying enough...
The love of money is the root of all evil lol

I feel your pain.
I don't think it wasn't female rights; more that many private schools, Christian schools included, seem to be greedy.
Even if girls weren't buying "enough" shirts and shorts, it would (I assume?) provide more money, and if they were buying enough...
The love of money is the root of all evil lol
Yeah, I figured it was a money thing more than anything at the time anyways. I never felt attacked as a female, just that they were considering costs and stuff with uniforms.

Yeah, I figured it was a money thing more than anything at the time anyways. I never felt attacked as a female, just that they were considering costs and stuff with uniforms.
Lol
Us boys were actually jealous because girls got more freedom with their hair and got an extra option for clothes to wear (skirts). We were like
give us skirts
*waves sign*

Lol
Us boys were actually jealous because girls got more freedom with their hair and got an extra option for clothes to wear (skirts). We were like
give us skirts
*waves sign*
I’ve always hated skirts because my range of motion is limited and I have to wear shorts underneath in case the skirt flies up for w/e reason. XD

Couldn't high five people because it was a gang sign, apparently.

Anyone who was involved in a fight was expelled. Especially the victim.

Eating a banana which was not cut into pieces was considered sexual harassment to anyone near the person eating it, i mean, Jesus fucking Christ.

Couldn't high five people because it was a gang sign, apparently.

Anyone who was involved in a fight was expelled. Especially the victim.

Eating a banana which was not cut into pieces was considered sexual harassment to anyone near the person eating it, i mean, Jesus fucking Christ.
What in the world was wrong with your school...

I may get canned 10 times 1st offense if I am caught kissing (with anyone in general) but especially a girl. :lennyslash:

I'm not even going to mention some of the worse hells I went through while I was "homeschooled"...

...But I hated my mom's fear of birthmarks. I had two orangey birthmarks, one on my ankle and one on my thigh. My mom always tried to make me wear socks and shorts, leggings, or pants to hide them, even on a hot day.

Not as bad as what happened with my second youngest sister, though. My mom despised the black birthmark on her knee to such a great extent that she hardly ever let the child uncover her legs.

I'm not even going to mention some of the worse hells I went through while I was "homeschooled"...

...But I hated my mom's fear of birthmarks. I had two orangey birthmarks, one on my ankle and one on my thigh. My mom always tried to make me wear socks and shorts, leggings, or pants to hide them, even on a hot day.

Not as bad as what happened with my second youngest sister, though. My mom despised the black birthmark on her knee to such a great extent that she hardly ever let the child uncover her legs.
What da heck? No one even really notices birthmarks, and if they do, they're normal to have so no one cares... Minus how some people talk about them because it's just plain interesting.

Not intending to be offensive or anything but 'she crazy'.

What da heck? No one even really notices birthmarks, and if they do, they're normal to have so no one cares... Minus how some people talk about them because it's just plain interesting.

Not intending to be offensive or anything but 'she crazy'.

She shorely is. And that's not even close to the craziest thing she did, either. She thought my dilated eyes (after a head injury) were a sign of demonic possession.

My school wouldn't let girls wear yoga pants, tank tops, or any kind of top without sleeves. They also wouldn't even let you through the front door if you had any facial piercings in.

One year they banned flip flops and any outerwear, such as coats and jackets, had to be locked in our lockers. You couldn't wear a sweatshirt to class even if it was cold.

This one might not be outrageous, but it's dumb as heck. Happened my senior year of high school, graduation was a month away, and I was almost 18. I got on the bus to take me back to my hometown (we had consolidated school districts so my high school was in the next town up), but when I got on the bus I realize my mom had texted me. She was picking me up at the high school and we were going to go shopping. So I went to go get off the bus. The bus driver stops me, tells me she can't let me get off the bus. I show her the text message from my mom and she still won't let me off. Assistant principal comes down and he makes me call my mom to make sure she is actually picking me up. Then he walked me around the school to her car. Because I guess I wasn't old enough and needed to be taken to my mommy.

My school wouldn't let girls wear yoga pants, tank tops, or any kind of top without sleeves. They also wouldn't even let you through the front door if you had any facial piercings in.

One year they banned flip flops and any outerwear, such as coats and jackets, had to be locked in our lockers. You couldn't wear a sweatshirt to class even if it was cold.

This one might not be outrageous, but it's dumb as heck. Happened my senior year of high school, graduation was a month away, and I was almost 18. I got on the bus to take me back to my hometown (we had consolidated school districts so my high school was in the next town up), but when I got on the bus I realize my mom had texted me. She was picking me up at the high school and we were going to go shopping. So I went to go get off the bus. The bus driver stops me, tells me she can't let me get off the bus. I show her the text message from my mom and she still won't let me off. Assistant principal comes down and he makes me call my mom to make sure she is actually picking me up. Then he walked me around the school to her car. Because I guess I wasn't old enough and needed to be taken to my mommy.

Wow. I live in Alaska and that regulation is truly stupid. You can cause kids to get pneumonia like that.

And that second one would only be acceptable if you were a serial liar and/or involved in criminal activity.

Wow. I live in Alaska and that regulation is truly stupid. You can cause kids to get pneumonia like that.

And that second one would only be acceptable if you were a serial liar and/or involved in criminal activity.
The funny thing is, I never got in trouble in high school. No detentions, no fights, no reason for them to do that.

In Minnesota Lutherans and Catholics hate each other with such a passion and alienated everyone else to the point I think the atheist population grew exponentially overnight in the younger generations. At my public elementary school saying 'amen' after the pledge of allegiance was something everyone unofficially had to do or they would get harassed and bullied by the student population and the teachers no matter which side they belonged to, and you were just done for if you dropped the 'under god' part out of the national pledge that originally was secular. It was around this time my parents who had agreed to leave religion out of their marriage and raising their kids noticed my disciplinary problems. One my Catholic mother tried to fix by secretly shuttling me to her former church every Sunday and sneaking me a Catholic bible behind my Lutheran father's back to read.

Suffice to say, a hate triangle formed.

In Minnesota Lutherans and Catholics hate each other with such a passion and alienated everyone else to the point I think the atheist population grew exponentially overnight in the younger generations. At my public elementary school saying 'amen' after the pledge of allegiance was something everyone unofficially had to do or they would get harassed and bullied by the student population and the teachers no matter which side they belonged to, and you were just done for if you dropped the 'under god' part out of the national pledge that originally was secular. It was around this time my parents who had agreed to leave religion out of their marriage and raising their kids noticed my disciplinary problems. One my Catholic mother tried to fix by secretly shuttling me to her former church every Sunday and sneaking me a Catholic bible behind my Lutheran father's back to read.

Suffice to say, a hate triangle formed.

Maybe it's different in your part of the state, but I'm a Minnesotan too. I'm Lutheran and my best friend is Catholic. In my small town and the greater area around it there isn't any tension at all between denominations, and the pledge of allegiance stopped being a thing in elementary, though we're a conservative leaning community. Never have I said 'Amen' after it, because it's a patriotic pledge and not a prayer. I love my country with all my heart, but I pray to God and not the flag. I feel badly about your experiences, but I just wanted to let you know that these things aren't Statewide. I hope things turned out better!

Also, there isn't much difference between the version of the Bible used by Lutherans, and that used by Catholics. If I'm not mistaken, they just have some more Old Testament books that Protestantism rejects. How did things work out? :)

Maybe it's different in your part of the state, but I'm a Minnesotan too. I'm Lutheran and my best friend is Catholic. In my small town and the greater area around it there isn't any tension at all between denominations, and the pledge of allegiance stopped being a thing in elementary, though we're a conservative leaning community. Never have I said 'Amen' after it, because it's a patriotic pledge and not a prayer. I love my country with all my heart, but I pray to God and not the flag. I feel badly about your experiences, but I just wanted to let you know that these things aren't Statewide. I hope things turned out better!

Also, there isn't much difference between the version of the Bible used by Lutherans, and that used by Catholics. If I'm not mistaken, they just have some more Old Testament books that Protestantism rejects. How did things work out? :)
I didn't know that. I really bothered to make an extensive study into religious texts aside from the history, stories, and a few of the passages. Basically I ended up as a kid viewing the Bible as just another fictional story and religion became a subject that was avoided again in the family. Then I was able to eventually get out of that school and I managed to find a school which wouldn't tolerate that behavior.

got a friend who studied in some private catholic school. there were a ton of restrictions on clothing, appearance and whatnot, but the most unnecessary and somewhat illogical was the ban on braided hair, based on some few bible verses for the sake of modesty. modest my ass

christ jesus. i'd like to have a lengthy discussion with whoever thought of that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back