• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Info Log-style post

Haz.

Mask? I wear no mask.
Hi. I just wanted to see if anyone knows how to successfully create an info log-like post, something along the lines of this:
maxresdefault.jpg
I would've simply recreated it and pasted my text onto the image with minor tweaking to flush it out, but that wouldn't be very convenient.

Hi. I just wanted to see if anyone knows how to successfully create an info log-like post, something along the lines of this:
maxresdefault.jpg
I would've simply recreated it and pasted my text onto the image with minor tweaking to flush it out, but that wouldn't be very convenient.

Teach me, papi

yesss! there are users here that can def. make a code like that for you
i, for one, am still working the kinks of the faux tabs and tabs itself, however, there are users like Lyro Lyro and Alteras Alteras who can definitely do codes such as these, however, the time to do it may take a while since it is a little complex!

but, to break down the specific codes needed for this would be a background div, one row and two column, one spanning at perhaps 3 and the other at spanning at 6. [all columns should equal a span of 8 - so span3 and span6 would be 8]. and the info log on the left side you see could work with the anchor-like tabs!

[i'm sorry i can't do this advanced tab just yet]

yesss! there are users here that can def. make a code like that for you
i, for one, am still working the kinks of the faux tabs and tabs itself, however, there are users like Lyro Lyro and Alteras Alteras who can definitely do codes such as these, however, the time to do it may take a while since it is a little complex!

but, to break down the specific codes needed for this would be a background div, one row and two column, one spanning at perhaps 3 and the other at spanning at 6. [all columns should equal a span of 8 - so span3 and span6 would be 8]. and the info log on the left side you see could work with the anchor-like tabs!

[i'm sorry i can't do this advanced tab just yet]
Thank you so much!

I heard my name! What happened?

Ahh. Ya, that'll work. It'll be easiest using the new anchor tag that was added. It would be a mess to code it using accordions if you want the log to be able to scroll. Using the anchor tags will be similar to the navigation anchor jumps from before, the log linking to different parts of the info, all of which is one massive scroll of text. Of course there will be a height restrict tag.

Using accordions will require positioning and stuff, which will be tough if the log can be scrolled.

I heard my name! What happened?

Ahh. Ya, that'll work. It'll be easiest using the new anchor tag that was added. It would be a mess to code it using accordions if you want the log to be able to scroll. Using the anchor tags will be similar to the navigation anchor jumps from before, the log linking to different parts of the info, all of which is one massive scroll of text. Of course there will be a height restrict tag.

Using accordions will require positioning and stuff, which will be tough if the log can be scrolled.
Once again, big thanks. I'll try and experiment to see what would look the best and what would be the easiest to pull off.

- - - i can not math.
i apologize, 3 and 5 spans, i'm so sorry.
good luck dearie!

maxresdefault.jpg
Hmm, could be done pretty easily, it'd require a few overlaying divs, but the scrollbar wouldn't be able to change to the one in your example. Then if you wanted it to be a click to display X information, you'd need to create faux tabs (more overlays) which are not mobile friendly in the slightest. So... I'd probably go with trying it with the new bbcode anchors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back