• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Infernal Intervention

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
He had stood outside of the door for about five minutes ,and had he had his way he probably would have stood out there for the rest of the breifing. He wasn't a soldier though and he wasn't sure which was more impolite, after a few mintues of pacing he finally walked into the room. He looked around, it didn't take a genius to figure out that he had just walked in on something. Everyone stood around looking back at one woman from their various postions around the room.
Thinking fast he decided that moving silently in and sitting down was the best course of action. However he forgot a couple of very key components, one the door had the worst scratching metal sound he had ever heard, it sounded like he was trying to rip rusted metal of the side of an air craft carrier. Secondly he was the biggest guy here, if it wasn't by height he outclassed them in weight, the effect was only increased by the dark red beard which he had been cultivating on his face fell it reached down past the bottom of his face.
Regardless he moved as queitly as allowed by a man who kept a sledgehammer and a set of tools amongst his equipment. Leaning against a wall a bit from everyone else, he wasn't shy by any means, but this team was a dream come true. He didn't feel like appearing like a prick first day on the job. He looked around the room taking a personal stock of all of his new teammates, they seemed a mix of angry, pridestruck, and unreadable. He felt a pang of fimilarity, the group he had served with before, or atleast the soldiers had been very similar. He relaxed a bit more at the realization. He had already placed the inhumans within the group, and with a cursory knowledge of each of the natural traits associated with each of them he really didnt mind. Not that the guy who had just basically tip toed up to the second farthest unoccupied corner from everyone and leaned back was asked or even though his option mattered.

[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //this code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code. // // when typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press ente// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The background image// [/class]

[class=Notes] //the transparent with background and the border and below is the text// [/class]
Ria Lethe McAlister
Find your own magic. It can take you a long way.

Lethe had just turned away from Mara - hand included - due to her odd comments. She frowned in confusion and looked to the others for an explanation. Just then a creature like she'd never seen seemed to fall through the door. In pure reaction (mostly due to the fact she was standing), she attempted to back away from the creature, but instead of standing as she intended, she landed briefly into Mara's lap. Realizing the sudden impropriety of her actions, she bolted from the amazon's lap, torn on whether she wanted to sit now or continue to play 'watchdog.'

"Apologies." It was meant toward Miles, as the Director called the creature (her actions caused her to miss part of the conversation), as well as Mara, for her lack of observation that led to the previous situation. She chastised herself being acting a fool. Her mind turned briefly to the spell she had cast. So odd, some after-effects, she thought. Then the actual briefing began, which relieved Lethe greatly. The frown would have left her features, had it not been for the creatures they were shown. Having been around Fae type creatures, these didn't quite seem like they came from any of the Kingdoms, though Lethe was far from an expert. It seemed far more likely that these creatures came from else where, and she had a sinking feeling that black magic was involved. The creatures bothered her more than their head count.

She listened as the Director finished up and Artur began. The questions he posed were excellent ones, a few crossing the mage's mind as well. Her train of thought was temporarily derailed when yet another entered. She nodded to the gargantuan of a man as he settled into a corner, before turning back to with her own questions. "Has the creature been examined for any sort traces regarding the arcane? Spell traces, rune work? And after all relevant information has been gathered from it, I'd like access to the corpse, or at least part of it."

No use in her trying to ask nicely, either it would or wouldn't happen. But she'd like to try a range of minor spells to find what would be the most effective for when they start hunting the creatures. This was supposed to be one of four? She could scarcely imagine what the other three looked like. She let out a small prayer to Hecate.

[class=Notes] //Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags// [/class]
Interacting: GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Lemercer Lemercer idalie idalie Snek Snek ZacksQuest ZacksQuest MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Theflamre Theflamre VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow
Located: IITF HQ
Items of Note: Former Cult's Coat of Protection (owned); Tincture holding Belt (owned);
Tincture Number & Contents: 1) Herbal Nerve Toxin; 2) Phial of Everfrost
Spell Cast/Translation:
:
code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait][/div][div class=statusText]Location: The Meeting Room

Sobriety: Completely Sober (for now)

Mood: Calm

Items: Twin Pistols

Interacting With: Nastarial Nastarial

% Gay for Lethe

Hateboner for Artur

[/div][/div][div class=title]Mara[/div][div class=text]Mara chuckled softly when Lethe fell onto her lap, not noticing the monster, completely focused on the small girl. "Aw... what'd you get up for? C'mon, come back down~" she said, not noticing how strong her grip was as she pulled Lethe back down onto her lap, rubbing her head. "You can stay like this, I don't mind~" she flirted, running her hand through Lethe's hair. "Don't ask such silly questions, let them handle all that. Just focus on me~"

[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#1B1515; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #f3c662; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #1B1515; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

Last edited:
[class=Background] height: 550px; overflow: auto; min-width: 325px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/axiom-pattern.png); margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; width: 100%; max-width: 900px; [/class] [class=BackBox] border-radius: 15px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/black-thread-light.png); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255, 0.5); margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 90%; max-width: 825px; height: 85%; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=Box] width: 90%; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #bfbfbf; background-color: White; color: gray; margin: auto; margin-top: 30px; height: 400px; font-size: 14px; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: justify; font-family: Lato; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=Subtitle] box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 18px; margin: 10px 0px; text-align: center; color: #808080; font-family: Roboto Slab; [/class] [class=SideBy] display: inline-block; vertical-align: top; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=BottomBorder] background-color: White; height: 2px; width: 76%; margin: auto; [/class] [class=SideBorder] height: 375px; margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 2px; background-color: White; opacity: 0.6; [/class] [class=HiddenScroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; overflow-y: scroll; height: 100%; color: gray; text-align: justify; opacity: 0.9; font-family: Lato;] [/class] [class=Icon] background:url(https://i.imgur.com/EVJtvXJ.jpg); position: relative; background-size: 100px 100px; height: 100px; max-width: 100px; margin: auto; [/class]
[div class=Background style="margin-top: -20px;"][div class=BackBox][div class=SideBy style="width: 3%;"]
[div class=SideBy style="width: 19%;"][div class=Box style="height: 125px; max-width: 125px; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; margin-top: 50px;"][div class=Icon][/div][/div][div class=Box style="background-color: transparent; font-size: 20px; overflow: hidden; height: 30px; text-align: center; color: #000008; padding: 0px; letter-spacing: -1px; margin-top: 10px; opacity: 0.6; border: none;"]Kaliope[/div][div class=Box style="margin: auto; height: 185px; margin-top: 10px; width: 90%; max-width: 150px; font-size: 12px; word-spacing: -1px; padding: 4px; padding-top: 10px; overflow: hidden;"][div class=HiddenScroll style="margin-left: 6px;"]Location:IIFC HQ

Mood: Overwhelmed

Possessions: -

Interacting With: idalie idalie Nastarial Nastarial Lemercer Lemercer GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Snek Snek MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter ZacksQuest ZacksQuest

[/div][/div][/div][div class=SideBy style="width: 1%;"][div class=SideBorder style="margin-left: 13px;"][/div][/div][div class=SideBy style="width: 77%;"][div class=Box style="overflow: hidden; padding-left: 20px;"][div class=HiddenScroll]

Kaliope was glad the briefing had happened but was distracted by the sudden occurrences around her. A large creature falling in from outside the room. Lethe using magic on Mara and what looked to be adverse effects of the spell as Mara was now fawning over Lethe like a love struck puppy. The distraction was a welcome one as Kaliope dreaded the eventual interaction between Mara and Miles.

There was just so much going on, not to mention the stranger posted up on the wall and Hailey’s words and somewhat rude and lackluster introduction. Was this a team or a circus?

Kaliope kept her quiet and tried to recall the details of the case. That was the job and that was why they were all here. Now is the time for business. They had one of the creatures, dead of course but the group had the right idea. Find its origin and it may lead us to who is responsible.

[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div][/div]

[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Desktop base" style="color:black;"]
[div class="Current ImagButton" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Currently
[div class="Image ImagButton hidden" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Image[/div]

[div class="Img Head"]
tumblr_pa2resuKC71rlx2ggo1_540.png
[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Nastarial Nastarial GumGumChomp GumGumChomp
Mentioned: N/A
Located: Ezac Base

Inventory: €200; Rapier; Pocketwatch
[/div]
ARTUR DEMETRESCU

At the sudden sight of Lethe vanishing into Mara's lap after she'd made her educated comment, one which was rather brashly dismissed, Artur scowled momentarily. The scowl soon became a dark frown as he noted her rather alarmed, awkward expression. "Miss Answorth, would you please release Miss Lethe? These are work hours after all, and If I remember correctly, you met little over an hour ago. I think you're giving the girl quite the heart attack." The Revenant approached, leaving the table for a moment, although keeping an ear out for the Director as he extended a hand to the small girl currently in the amazonian's lap. "Would you mind talking me through your idea? I find it quite fascinating how you're able to see such arcane traces. It would be a great help to the investigation."

Demetrescu refrained himself from commenting too much on the tall woman for fear of reigniting the fight, yet the shorter witch seemed nice. She had soothed the beast, appeared to be fairminded, if not lacking for her taste in company. "I apologise for earlier by the way, I'm not quite so terrible in conversation once the initial introductions are over. But you must be overwhelmed, come stand by the table. As I said, that idea of yours has possibilities and I have a desire to know how far that magic can go in forensic studies." Art, graced the girl with a rare, genuine smile of sorts, beckoning her with the offered palm. Callused and cool, but not in a dislikable manner, yet rather it became a sense of security.

Surely she could've been no older than twenty, but there was a capability about her. He'd told himself only moments before that underestimating members of the team was a bad way to start out, and he was determined to live up to the things he'd said. If there was nothing people hated more, it was a hypocrite.

[/div] Code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith [/div]

Last edited:
Miles took the Kobold's hand, mostly shocked that no one turned their weapons on him when he entered. One of the others in the room patted him on the shoulder, causing Miles to flinch and saying something he didn't quite catch. Before he got a word in, however, the director started the briefing.

"The way these creatures attack means it's unlikely they evolved naturally," Miles thought out loud, putting a hand on his chin. "But that's probably obvious. They're probably either under some kind of enchantment or were created. Is there any visual data, like a video or picture of these creatures? Besides this one? If I can compare the two, it might be a good indicator of where they're coming from."

ZacksQuest ZacksQuest ((Short post, sorry))

[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //this code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code. // // when typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press ente// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// [/class]

[class=Notes] //the transparent with background and the border and below is the text// [/class]
Ria Lethe McAlister

Lethe felt a hand pull her back down as she had finished her own questions. Mara's words confused her more than before until she realized the intent behind them. Then she blushed hard at the awkward situation she was suddenly, completely unsure of how to get out of it. All she could think to do was to take the woman's hand from her hair.

Then as if Hecate had taken pity on her, Artur started admonishing Mara for her most recent actions and even came to the women's side to help her out of the amazon's lap. She took his extended hand and found it rather cool in her small hand. Standing, she found he, too, towered over her, but it was more comforting than she would have expected. She kept between Artur and Mara, in case something broke out again, but stepped closer to the revenant. With thankful nod, she said,
"Of course."

She was about to begin when Miles offered his thoughts on the creatures, and she gave a soft laugh. She was bit unsettled by the dog-like creature that he was, but she was certain she's get accustomed to him in time.
"He's got the basic idea. Beyond that, it'd be a matter of deconstructing any present magic. That way, one who's adept could get a read on the type of magic used," Lethe explained.

She shook her head as he continued, though she did move as Artur suggested.
"No apology needed. Today is far from an average one, with so many different personalities at the table. I can't promise to be a good teacher, but I'd be willing to show you, if you like. I'm better at doing and showing than explaining." She returned his smile with one of her own, pale purple eyes practically sparkling at the shared arcane interest. It never really occurred to her that she had yet to release his hand, even as she turned to listen to the others' ideas and potential tactics.

[class=Notes] //Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags// [/class]
Interacting: idalie idalie GumGumChomp GumGumChomp ZacksQuest ZacksQuest SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
Located: IITF HQ, Briefing Room
Items of Note: Former Cult's Coat of Protection (owned); Tincture holding Belt (owned);
Spell Cast/Translation:
:

Infernal Intervention Bureau
The Director took a quick glance around the room. He noticed the tall, bulky figure with the long copper beard, quickly identified him as the final member of the team by process of elimination, and nodded to him warmly before diverting his attention back to the team. He remained dutifully ignorant of the affection taking place on the other side of the circle, as it really wasn't his business to get involved, so he began answering the questions presented to him. "The Magus Thessalonika provided a detailed conflict and autopsy report when they relayed their information to the Intervention Bureau. The creature's internal structure combines the organ and skeletal structure of a mammal with the outer tissue of a gastropod and the appendages of an insect, but there is no seam between where one cellular structure ends and another begins. If this creature was artificially created in an adult state, then its the work of a biomancer at the top of his class. The creature is not intelligent, which was clear enough to see during its rampage in the moments leading up to its demise. Its brain is relatively small and there is no frontal lobe for any form of critical thinking to occur in the monster. As the Thessalonika is almost entirely based on divination and elemental magic, as are their subordinate guilds, there was nobody versed enough in arcane lore to discern the nature of their magical energies, but the corpse is in storage at their headquarters in Thessaloniki, which is where you will begin your investigations."

"As for your questions on whether or not the missing persons were victims to be devoured-" The Director cut off, stifled an unpleasant noise coming from his throat, and continued. "- that is our second best hope for them. Out of the fifty one members of the deceased, only eighteen of them were killed without any form of post-traumatic mutilation. The rest of them had... extractions made. In many cases a vivisection followed by the pulling of internal organs and other tissue from the torso, either for ingestion or preservation."

"And finally, as for your question on how they move, any reports on that would be irrelevant. They all are reported as moving in entirely different ways from each other, and this particular creature was said to elongate its limbs and torso as an earthworm or slug would and then propel itself or its limbs forward in a spring motion. None of the other monsters were said to have this quality, although from various reports one is apparently keen on taking to the ground or beneath it and two primarily move by leaping through the air at great heights. Other than that, the reports on their appearances and what they've done are too varied for there to be any concrete concepts of any of the monsters still active. And now, I think it's time for you to begin planning on your course of action once you reach Thessaloniki." At that, the Director stood up and said to Asher, "Follow me to my office. I'm willing to answer any questions you may have." The Director then motioned to the rest of the group and said, "Anyone else who I haven't been able to talk with, please see me in my office if you have any questions about anything at all." With that final note hanging in the air, he spun on his heels and rounded the corner into the actual briefing room, where his desk and by association his office was located.

CHARACTERS: DIRECTOR PALLAS | LOCATION: IIHQ COMMON AREA | CURRENT ACTION: Heading to office. | MENTIONED: Nastarial Nastarial SP3CT3R SP3CT3R VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter idalie idalie Lemercer Lemercer Theflamre Theflamre Snek Snek @Mr Hawke| OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES: None Currently

Last edited:
[class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [class=Button] background-color: #102f7e; color: White; text-align:center; padding:5px; width:100%; [/class] [class name=ButtonClick] background-color: #081b4d; color: Silver; text-align:center; padding: 5px; width:100%; [/class] [class name=Button state=hover] background-color: #081b4d; cursor:pointer; color:white; [/class] [script class=Button on=click] removeClass ButtonClick Button addClass ButtonClick set link (getText) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (show Stats) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (show Eq) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (hide CR) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (hide Stats) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (hide Eq) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (show CR) [/script]

[div class="Button CR"]
Asher Salah
[/div] [div class="Button Eq hidden"]
Status
[/div] [div class=Tags style="font-family: times new roman; Font-size: 85%;Text-align:center;"]

Interacting:
ZacksQuest ZacksQuest ,

Located:
Team Ezac Base [/div] [div class="Stats hidden" style="font-family: times new roman; Font-size: 85%;Text-align:center;"]

inventory
107$
kukri blade
jawbone blade
[/div]
Taking in the information, Asher was confident in his team's ability to handle the mission before them. These beasts were no threat to them in his own opinion. The victims of the damn things seemed to only be human, not trained in any form of, well, anything. With the team he was surrounded by they could more than have victory over them. What concerned Asher was who was behind the beasts. Who was skilled enough... or what. However with that last thought he let it rest and focused on a more immediate question that needed answers.

Sandalphon. How did the archangel hear about him, and what did he know. He wanted to meet him, talk to him, learn from him. Asher followed the director with vigor. This seemed the first opportunity he had seen since he left Machaneh. Once they entered the room and the director sat, Asher wasted no time. Now perhaps he was being disrespectful, but he couldn't contain himself

"Director, I don't mean to be callous, but I need to know more about Sandalphon" Asher paused, almost trembling. He wasn't sure what he would hear, or why he was so eager to know"How does Sandalphon know about me. I mean.... What does he know. I haven't done anything extraordinary. I'm just a man... with a power I don't full understand."

He placed his fingers on the bridge of his nose and breathed deeply. Collecting himself, putting aside the rage, sadness, and various other emotions he held toward Elyon that surfaced in any situation that was in association. He looked to the director with a face of determination. "I need to know. Please."

creds AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

He had been closing his eyes and kept his face towards the ceiling, the various amounts of lust, hate, and everything that came between them gave him a minor bit of a shock and a major head ache. He snapped to when he heard the director talking again, gaze falling directly on the director as he took carful note of every word the man said. "Some sorta golem" or a hemoculos. The secondary option he kept to him self, the diffrence was staggering and if that thing was a hemoculos it once was human.

He had seen some messed up things in his day, hemoculi had honestly been some of the worst. Regardless he knew he should start preparing for a fight with something that didn't obey standards when it came to biology. He walked out of the room, he didn't raise any complaints but being in the presence of this sorta thing was frustrating to him. Walking into the hall way he pulled out a small glass bottle of coke, popping off the cap he began sipping on it. He figured he had long enough to finish the drink before he needed the bottle. Walking back into the cool metal corridor he looked around before placing a map on one of the walls.

He made good time when walking, he had grown up around people who were as big as he was now when he had been little. This had imprented apon him the long sped up stride that he had been known for amongst everyone he had worked with. It made him look like he was in a hurry, which also succeeded in making supporting staff get out of his way as he moved.

He had plenty of time to look around as moved towards his destinations, the long sterile halls of this place made him cringe inwardly. He prefered a wider hallway for inward hallways and a sort of slimmer more narrow theme outwards. However he had no clue where he layed or even how large the base was in total. Finally locating the door he reconized the red cross with a white background.

The medical station was just as sterile as the rest of this place if not more so. He didn't look around the room much he just marched in grabbed a bottle of medical grade alcohol and was out the door before the medic could say a thing. The man had made a strange face when he had entered and almost opened his mouth fully when he had left. He opened one of the many large pockets on the sides of his pants sliding the bottle in and redoing the button.

He quietly considered all the options he had at his disposal and figured that fire would reduce most biologicals to ash. So after finishing off the last few sips of the bottle of coke he screwed the cap back on as well as he could and put it in his large backpack. He had compartmentalized the hikers pack long ago, easily undoing a small stachel on the inside he put the bottle in with his collection of diffeent restaurants napkins and threw it back into the bag. Now the only thing to to was find the nearest janitorial closet and steal some rags.

[class=Background] height: 550px; overflow: auto; min-width: 325px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/axiom-pattern.png); margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; width: 100%; max-width: 900px; [/class] [class=BackBox] border-radius: 15px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/black-thread-light.png); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255, 0.5); margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 90%; max-width: 825px; height: 85%; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=Box] width: 90%; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #bfbfbf; background-color: White; color: gray; margin: auto; margin-top: 30px; height: 400px; font-size: 14px; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: justify; font-family: Lato; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=Subtitle] box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 18px; margin: 10px 0px; text-align: center; color: #808080; font-family: Roboto Slab; [/class] [class=SideBy] display: inline-block; vertical-align: top; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=BottomBorder] background-color: White; height: 2px; width: 76%; margin: auto; [/class] [class=SideBorder] height: 375px; margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 2px; background-color: White; opacity: 0.6; [/class] [class=HiddenScroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; overflow-y: scroll; height: 100%; color: gray; text-align: justify; opacity: 0.9; font-family: Lato;] [/class] [class=Icon] background:url(https://i.imgur.com/EVJtvXJ.jpg); position: relative; background-size: 100px 100px; height: 100px; max-width: 100px; margin: auto; [/class]
[div class=Background style="margin-top: -20px;"][div class=BackBox][div class=SideBy style="width: 3%;"]
[div class=SideBy style="width: 19%;"][div class=Box style="height: 125px; max-width: 125px; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; margin-top: 50px;"][div class=Icon][/div][/div][div class=Box style="background-color: transparent; font-size: 20px; overflow: hidden; height: 30px; text-align: center; color: #000008; padding: 0px; letter-spacing: -1px; margin-top: 10px; opacity: 0.6; border: none;"]Kaliope[/div][div class=Box style="margin: auto; height: 185px; margin-top: 10px; width: 90%; max-width: 150px; font-size: 12px; word-spacing: -1px; padding: 4px; padding-top: 10px; overflow: hidden;"][div class=HiddenScroll style="margin-left: 6px;"]Location:IIFC HQ
Mood: Excited
Possessions: -
Interacting With: idalie idalie Nastarial Nastarial Lemercer Lemercer GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Snek Snek MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter ZacksQuest ZacksQuest Theflamre Theflamre SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

[/div][/div][/div][div class=SideBy style="width: 1%;"][div class=SideBorder style="margin-left: 13px;"][/div][/div][div class=SideBy style="width: 77%;"][div class=Box style="overflow: hidden; padding-left: 20px;"][div class=HiddenScroll]
There was so much they didn't know about this situation. It really is a dire situation when a group who prides themselves on divination can’t find some missing people or crystal ball an answer to the origin of these creatures. There is no doubt that they are working on it but we should contact them. If they can’t find it, it certainly isn’t from lack of trying. Maybe there is some sort of resistance.

“The creature is dead, it would be helpful to know how they killed it. Also we should get in contact with them and ask if there is interference that would prevent their divinations from finding the root of this problem. Luckily for us the creatures aren’t intelligent and thus not coordinated… for now. With good planning we should be able to take them out if we are careful.”

Now, what weapons did she need? She only brought her side arms, there must be one hell of an armory. Rubbing her hands together she stood up to head out of the room. “I am going to get armed and I will return here afterwards. By chance does anyone know if there is an armory and if there is, where it’s located? You know what, I’ll find it.”

There was the slight tingle of excitement running through her veins as she made her way out of the conference room and back to Raven. She pulled the bag from under her bed and plopped it on top. Cracking her knuckles she unzipped it and pulled out a Glock 19(Mabel), her Stake(Señor Pokey), a Ceremonial Dagger(It That Must Not Be Named), her Thrice Blessed Knuckle Dusters(Poppa), & a Trench Knife(Mark I Mark).

“Alright kids, who want to come with momma on a field trip?”

The Director took a few seconds to respond. He had retrieved a pen from the small cup to the side of his desk after sitting down and was now using it to absently tap at the desk. 'Zarathustra,' thought the old soldier, 'And to think I underestimated anything you did to believe that was just a little comment.' Of course, it made sense. Regardless of the greatness he had achieved through his powerful magics, the legendary Zoroaster had done far greater things through simply talking and listening. He uttered little because he only spoke with intent behind his words. The Director chuckled, abruptly stopped himself, and finally got to answering Asher's question.

"Well, Asher, Sandalphon was at one point given the task of killing you. The pride he has for you comes from his following your movements for years on end and seeing how far you've come. He was tasked with seeing if Shaddai still had the potential to topple the balance as he had disastrously done two thousand years ago, and in doing so he uncovered and flagged a potential high class threat in Shaddai's son, Elyon. Then he found out about you, what you were supposed to become, and what you were trained to accomplish. The Bureau set out a backlogged mission detailing you and Elyon's termination or apprehension, effective once your training was complete and you had been witnessed commencing your intended purpose of angelic genocide. Sandalphon had refused to have a team sent after you, electing to do it himself when the time comes."

"But that time never came. And all the while, he had watched over you as you trained. He saw you beam at your accomplishments and bemoan your failures. He heard your pleas for any appreciation and your worries about your capabilities. He oversaw all the times you snuck off into the village, trying and failing to evade the watchful eye of the elders. And as the archangel who delivers the prayers to God, he heard every last one of the prayers where you hoped for a way out. By the time you had renounced Elyon, he had lost all enthusiasm in hunting you. When the termination order was almost placed on you for the complete annihilation of your village, Sandalphon was among Zagan and Apollo as the outspoken advocates for the order to be cancelled. When you applied to join the Bureau, it was Sandalphon who put your application down on my desk and, with more boyish enthusiasm than I ever thought possible for such a noble figure, told me on no uncertain terms to select you for this team. Frankly, I think he was right about you. You were made for this team, regardless of what someone tried to mold you into before. I think this is a team of second chances, and every last member of the council is rooting for all of you."

The Director took a look at the monitor on his desk, and jolted back for a second. Then he peered in close to the monitor in disbelief, then chuckled to himself. "Just before you ask, no, I can't arrange any kind of audience between you and Sandalphon. The archangel and Apollo, however, are very good friends, and Apollo happens to be our contact man in Thessaloniki. Now if you'll excuse me I have to ask a certain engineer why he snagged a bottle of our isopropyl." The Director quickly got up from his chair, tucking the pen behind his right ear, then gave Asher a quick nod before trotting down the hall.

CHARACTERS: DIRECTOR PALLAS | LOCATION: IIHQ Briefing Offices | CURRENT ACTION: Talking to Lemercer Lemercer | MENTIONED: Theflamre Theflamre | OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES: None Currently

Quel'xavuatl

Inventory: a pocket full of sunshine~ jk just the same old junk

Interacting: ZacksQuest ZacksQuest

Quell listened carefully to all of the briefing details, marveling at the display of the strange monstrous organism and waiting to hear all of the extra details as well. The creature sounded nightmarish by description, and he couldn't imagine having to try to take something like that down in combat. He wasn't particularly fond of head-to-head combat, but even if it came to that, he was doubtful that his primal invocations would be of much use to monsters of this caliber.

He watched as the others began to theorise strategies among themselves and head out to their rooms, and he suddenly realized that he had not been assigned a room yet. Q set off towards the director's office to ask him about Quells room assignment, only to accidentally walk in on a seemingly personal and private conversation between the director and Asher.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to intrude, it's just that, uh, I don't think I was ever formally assigned living quarters, Mr. Director," he said sheepishly, laughing weakly to break the tension. "My bag is kinda heavy with all this gear, I couldn't afford a lightweight enchantment on it so it'd be nice to unpack it and get my suit on before we go."

As he rambled, Q absentmindedly revealed the locations of some of his less obvious primal tattoos. His cybernetic arm reached back to scratch his shoulder blade, lifting his cloak and revealing a tattoo like parallel dark slashes along his flank, and the more he talked, the clearer it was to see that there was actually a tattoo on his tongue as well, two mirrored curving, serpentine strokes ending in sharp, wicked points like fangs.

"Also, would it be possible to have access to a workbench or lab of some kind? If not, no problem, but I'd rather not make a mess of my room, and sometimes my prototypes aren't always the most stable devices, so..."

The Director, set on his destination, did not notice the young kobold until he head nearly collided with him in the hallway. Quell began by apologizing and explaining his situation with living quarters. To that he responded, "The living quarters situation? Oh yes, your room will be the one with the Vulture insignia on the door. On the subject of dorms, if you can please tell Artur that for safety purposes he will now be moved into the Vulture dorm as well and that the empty bed in the Rhino dormitory will belong to-" the Director paused briefly to try to organize the members on the team without dorm assignments based on the likeliness that Mara would try to kill or sexually harass them- "Aiden Wright, the tall gentleman with the beard. I'm actually on my way to meet him now." The Director then listened to his question about having a workshop for his experiments and continued, "Well, you can follow me if you want, there's a storage room down this hall that can be re-purposed into a workshop if it suits your needs, it's on the way." The Director motioned for the young kobold to follow him.

CHARACTERS: DIRECTOR PALLAS | LOCATION: IIHQ Hallway | CURRENT ACTION: Talking to Snek Snek | MENTIONED: idalie idalie GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Theflamre Theflamre | OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES: None Currently

Unknown Woods, Greece

The trees were barren of moss, giving the young druid no reference to find his way back out again. The branches of the gnarled old trees bent and twisted close to his head, forcing him to hunch over as he made his mad dash through the woods. How far away did he have to get before the whistling would cease? How far did he have to run to get away from the creature chasing him? He looked to all sides, but heard and saw nothing. Perhaps the roots of the trees, as weblike and obstructing as the branches above ground, blocked its passage through. He didn't chance it, though. He could still hear the whistle, and the whistle meant that the beast couldn't have been far behind. He laughed in spite of his predicament. The pines that loomed in scores overhead blocked out sunlight almost completely, so he had little track of time. The air was still hot and through breaks in the treeline he saw a bright blue so he assumed it must have been sometime during the day. He grinned at the possibility of escape.

And then he came across a large burrow. His grin faded and his laugh trickled down to a nervous, scared chuckle. He recognized the knotholes in one of the nearby petrified trees and chastised himself. 'Idiot!' his inner voice screamed at himself. 'You walked in a giant circle!' The druid, at this point willing to expend as much Aether as he needed regardless of the fatigue it could place on his body, muttered quick, old Latin incantations under his breath, drawing information from the roots in the ground. As the spell continued to increase his perception of his surroundings, his eyes nervously darted over the visible length of the burrow for as far as his head could turn. The thing was massive, pushing the earth above it up ten feet high as it worked its way underground. As his spell reached a length of about half a kilometer through the forest he stopped the spell's workings. There was nothing moving through the ground, and no roots were being disturbed. At last, he could rest.

The guild hall that had held the creature's corpse was attacked by all sides. Their communication mages were dispatched first, as if the beasts that descended on the hall were coordinated. Within minutes, the mages stationed there had been killed, with one of the beasts seeming to take the lead in chasing down the elemental mages, and another taking down those with physical combat skills. The third, he did not see at all, only its effects as competent sorcerers were torn to shreds by an unknown presence.

He had barricaded himself into the autopsy chamber to defend the corpse from the incoming beasts. He wished to hold out for the hours until their arrival. He bought the corpse eleven minutes.

The burrower beast's hand shot up from under the floor, large and red and covered in spines but mostly humanoid in shape, and snatched the corpse. The druid fled, seeing large tunnels being burrowed up from the ground, and he heard two distinct sets of loud collisions as the leapers decimated everything in their path.

He waited there for what seemed like an eternity, trying to collect his bearings, and maybe standing a chance of escaping the woods with his life. The leapers seemed to have given up their pursuit, and it was only the burrower and its giant red hand that still pursued the surviving mage. He tried to look on the bright side. Things weren't so bad. Pieces of the corpse were still left hanging around. The beasts didn't reach the corpse in time to prevent the autopsy from being filed and sent. The mages present at the guild hall were only around half of the total membership of the guild, and the Magus Thessalonika were converged in their building downtown. The Intervention Bureau was supposed to arrive in a few hours. He could hold out here and wait.

He did have questions, though, that he wished he could answer. He noticed when the beasts attacked, there was a peculiar noise like a whistle preceding their arrival. It hurt his ears, but the tone seemed to shift at some points, zig-zagging from low to high frequencies as the creatures shifted priorities. He had a sneaking suspicion of what the sound was meant to do, and he-

He stopped in his tracks. Thinking about the sound made him come to a realization- he could still hear it. Even when he had thought he had escaped from it by fleeing through the petrified trees, he was able to hear it. And he still could.

He looked down and realized for the first time that the soles of his shoes were buzzing.

Then he heard the tone of the whistle shift, and then he felt the ground under him give way. He shouted one more evocation, collecting the power of the trees around him to throw at the beast that was rising up from the cloud of dust. Vines and branches converged from the trees around him, clustering together into tight spear-like shapes, and then were hurled as fast as he could will them at the creature. He knew he expended the last of his energy and after the creature was dead he could pass out in peace.

He saw the large hand reach for him, and he saw the spears of sharpened wood and plant matter hurtle towards the creature. He saw the wooden missiles turn into splinters on contact with the powerful hand, and only then, in his last seconds of consciousness and last seconds of life, did he remember the burrowing beast was the one the elementals had tried in vain to destroy. He felt another tremor beneath his feet, and then nothing more.

CHARACTERS: Apprentice Magi | LOCATION: Thessaloniki | CURRENT ACTION: Attempting to Escape | OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES: POV character now deceased.

[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Img Head"]
[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Nastarial Nastarial GumGumChomp GumGumChomp ZacksQuest ZacksQuest SP3CT3R SP3CT3R [people in briefing room?]

[/div]
ARTUR DEMETRESCU

Artur glanced toward Miles as Lethe noted their fellow teammate's remark, however, let out a small, astonished laugh; resonating in his chest to the baritone of his voice. "I -- well I can't see a better way to suss out our monster than to use someone as specialised as yourself." He met her lilac irises with pale amber, and if possible the revenant felt almost breathless in his enthusiasm. "I would be delighted to have you show me if it's no trouble of course. I wouldn't want to impose myself," Art examined her expression for a moment longer, from the curve of her jaw to the rounded grace of the cheekbones and pale skin; dusted in fading blush. Realising he'd perhaps stared a moment too long than what was deemed comfortable for a stranger, Demetrescu turned to the rest of the room. The only problem being, Lethe still had his hand. Thinking she would let go in her own time and saving some minor embarrassment, he tucked his other palm into his trouser pocket beneath the suit jacket and rejoined the meeting. Generally ignoring the issue worked -- yet if he were alive, Artur would most certainly have turned another shade of pink. Alas, shrugging her off would be far too rude, so there he was, patiently going through a dozen scenarios in his head without making a bad impression.

It became clear, halfway through the Director's answers to the group, it was increasingly hard to concentrate. Refraining from stroking the back of her hand with his thumb as if on autopilot, for surely that would throw up some redflags. He cleared his throat, "Ah, I can see our creature is pleasant enough. Extracting organs is, hardly my cup of tea -- as the English say, but perhaps the city will be far more pleasant than whatever is lurking within it." Art raised his brows, inhaling and shaking his head at the thought. "I suppose we'd better head out there to see the corpse, perhaps split the group into two and find where the last sightings were. Only a suggestion -- I, don't think we've chosen a team leader." His eyes shot back and forth a majority of the group. "I will gladly avoid that responsibility."

As the Director returned, the Revenant was gladdened by his removal from Rhino. If he wasn't careful the damn Amazonian would strangle him whilst he had his back turned and make an effigy out of his lungs or something horrifically neanderthal. "You have my thanks, sir. I hope to get my rest in." Considering he didn't quite sleep and was common to roam the halls if he grew bored with everyone's perfect slumber. There was one thing he missed about humanity and it was the ability to have hours pass overnight with the click of your fingers. He could imitate it, yet it oft felt more like meditation; a good way to sort out jumbled thoughts, although not something he was inclined to do every day. Why would he want to? There was nothing waiting for him but the endless amounts of work which required keeping on top of, not needing the same human functions proved useful. Art found it easier to set his mind to something rather than suffer thinking too much.

Last edited:
[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait][/div][div class=statusText]Location: The Meeting Room

Sobriety: Completely Sober (for now)

Mood: Tired

Items: Twin Pistols

Interacting With: idalie idalie Nastarial Nastarial

% Gay for Lethe

[/div][/div][div class=title]Mara[/div][div class=text]As soon as the prospect of leader came up, Mara felt her senses return to her. She jumped up at the opportunity, slamming her fist down on the table. "I think I should be the leader. No offense, but I don't trust any of you to keep that... that thing in check. Besides, I'm more than likely the most experienced fighter out of all of you, and I've already lead teams in the army. It's a natural choice. Also, demon, get your filthy hands off that gir-" she said, before collapsing to the ground, snoring loudly.

[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#1B1515; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #f3c662; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #1B1515; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

tags// [/class]

Ria Lethe McAlister

Lethe nodded as the Director answered everyone's questions before heading out. She already knew where she would best be suited, should the creatures be of a magical origin: tracking and then hunting. Perhaps she'd get lucky and figure out a weakness of their as well. Turning to Artur, who continued their conversation, she shook her head.
"It's no trouble at all." She noted a few others left to go take care of their business before they left and Lethe wondered if there was anything for her to do.

Before long, Artur spoke again, this time to the group. She had to agree. "Two teams would cover more ground, doubling our efficiency. I believe that would be the prudent course of action." Hopefully it was obvious that she'd take part of investigating the creatures, whatever they were. Suddenly, however, Mara returned to her previous self, saying that she should lead and uttering other nonsense before collapsing. It was at this point that Lethe released her unintentional hold on Artur's hold as she went to check on the brash woman. She felt responsible for putting her in this state, and while she checked over her, she couldn't help but worry until she realized Mara had merely fallen asleep.

With an exasperated sigh, Lethe could only say, "I guess we'll wake her when we arrive."

Interacting: GumGumChomp GumGumChomp idalie idalie
Spell Cast/Translation:
:

He looked down at the six pack of glass bottles of cola, his blue eyes searching for awnsers to a riddle that had not been told. He sighed and decided the resulting lack of sleep and over all head/stomach ache he would receive from the event would br worth if this was truly wanted in the end. He was just about to crack open another on of the bottles when he heard the sound of two sets of foot steps on the approach. Normally he wouldn't be activly paying attention, atleast not at base the upper brass had always had a unique way of getting ones attention no matter where you where. However he was sitting in the hall and due to the nature of this base and most bases in generals affixation with corridors he was blocking the way.
Grabbing a near by wall he pulled him self to his feet. The set of heavy combat boots he wore around hitting the ground with a satisfying thump, as he put his full weight suddnely on them. When he looked over he was suprised to spot two figures approaching that he actually recognized, if only having breifly encountered. The director the kobalt side by side gave him an idea, flagging them down before ether of them had the chance to pass him as he assumed they would, he held up the case of soda proudly. "Care for a soda sir?" He smiled as charismaticly as he could, the board line of white teeth becoming apparent through the the dark red forest of his beard. "I happened apon a few and figured it was let them become warm or share them amoungst the team" he had "happened apon them" while searching the mess hall. He found how well equiped this whole place was to be disconcerting. He was used to the valkyries bases old fortresses and new miltary bases that always had something to do, around there people would trade things for canned foodstuffs or even sneak out to try and steal some. Here however they seemed to have not only the tools but the actual skill to produce a semi good meal. Luckily the advantage to a stocked kitchen was lots of cover and he had been able to slip in, steal some rags and the soda, and slip out.
Regardless of how or why he had got them he wanted to give them to his team mates for another purpose beyond just making a good impression "
ah remember we are fighting to save the planet so get the bottle back when your done". Needless to say receiving advice from a huge redheaded man was weird, being told something right out of a commercial for environmental protection was suspect. He didn't mind telling them the truth but he enjoyed the feeling of weirding people out, it made the man feel like someone was paying attention to his words even if only to appreciate the novelty of them.
ZacksQuest ZacksQuest Snek Snek

Hailey
------------------------------------------

She listened intently to the briefing, sighing periodically at the mention of a Mage's Guild failing to dispose of an infestation problem, but she would not hold it against them. After all, they were probably newborn into the mystery of magic. Their bloodlines must be freshly endowed with magic circuits. Endowed was a fancy word, but put more accurately, tainted.

After the briefing, it was as if nobody knows the essential procedures after a new team is built.

"Yes, this is all very nice and all but what I need to know is what can you all do. It'd be wonderful if we can get in each other's ways when we fight."

Trace form.

"Mine is Projection," a long katana with a black blade appeared at the girl's side, materializing in what seems to be lines and lightning, "And this is in fact Muramasa. It's my main weapon, and as legend dictates, it does cut through everything. Even its wind shears can cut through titanium alloys, although it's nothing but a copy."

She overloaded the Ley Lines within the Muramasa copy, shattering it in an instant. She looked at the people who remained and hoped they actually tell her. Honestly, she didn't want any of them dead yet, much less by her own hand slipping.

[div class="Img Head"]
[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Nastarial Nastarial GumGumChomp GumGumChomp

[/div]
ARTUR DEMETRESCU

Happy that Lethe agreed to his idea and even promised to let Art stand in on the autopsy, the Revenant was rather satisfied and beginning to look forward to the whole ordeal. It was, however, when Mara stood up in a rush that drew the attention of some members. Slamming her fist like an insane preacher to her words of demons and leadership; Demetrescu felt his brow darken at it, although the second she toppled over Lethe let go to rush over and attend to the woman. Yet all he could feel was the fading warmth left on his palm, like a momenetary imprint of time.

Turning about to face Mara's unconscious body and an exasperated Lethe, Artur cleared his throat to grab thte mage's attention. "Why don't I help? She might call me demon, but Gods forbid if she doesn't look like an inbred." He muttered, grabbing one of Mara's arms and lifting her unconscious body into the sitting position, he threw the woman over his shoulder with a grunt of exertion. "Oof, heavier than she looks--" Demetrescu kneeled and slowly pushed himself to his feet with Answorth in a fireman's hold. Wobbling a moment, he managed to catch himself and then adjust a second.

"Miss Lethe, I didn't quite think this through, now I have the worlds most tolerant human breaking my back -- where on Earth do you recommend putting her? That is, before she wakes up and chews through my neck, which I can see happening quite clearly." He laughed lightly, "I have no idea when we'll be off for our mission however, so I might suggest dumping her in the nearest bath and seeing if we can wake her."

Last edited:
[div class=SideBy style="width: 19%;"][div class=Box style="height: 125px; max-width: 125px; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; margin-top: 50px;"][div class=Icon][/div][/div][div class=Box style="background-color: transparent; font-size: 20px; overflow: hidden; height: 30px; text-align: center; color: #000008; padding: 0px; letter-spacing: -1px; margin-top: 10px; opacity: 0.6; border: none;"]Kaliope[/div][div class=Box style="margin: auto; height: 185px; margin-top: 10px; width: 90%; max-width: 150px; font-size: 12px; word-spacing: -1px; padding: 4px; padding-top: 10px; overflow: hidden;"][div class=HiddenScroll style="margin-left: 6px;"]Location:IIFC HQ, Halls

Mood: Joyous

Possessions: -Mabel(Glock 19), Mark I Mark(Trench Knife), Poppa(Thrice Blessed Knuckle Dusters)

Interacting With: idalie idalie Nastarial Nastarial Lemercer Lemercer GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Snek Snek MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter ZacksQuest ZacksQuest Theflamre Theflamre SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

Kaliope was now dressed for success and armed to the teeth. Well, almost. She needed one thing to complete her ensemble, a shotgun. Picking up the folder on the dresser she she looked at the sheet with directions to the IIFCs rooms. She looked back over to the duffle on her bed and shook her head. “I can’t just leave you guys sitting out.”

Picking up It That Must Not Be Named & Señor Pokey she placed them in the top drawer of her dresser. “There, all tucked in.” Checking the safety on Mabel, resheathing Mark I Mark, and slipping Poppa into a pouch on her belt she went out into the halls to track down a shotgun.

tags// [/class]

Ria Lethe McAlister

"Please," Lethe told the Revenant as he moved in to lend a hand. She stepped of the way and let the man do what he needed. She was certain that if she tried to help, it would turn into a hindrance and she'd be squished by two larger-than-herself figures. She was somewhat relieved with he stood fully, with Mara now over both his shoulder, and considered his question for only a moment.
"I think the infirmary would be best. I'd rather someone keep an eye on her since...."

She sighed, no use avoiding responsibility.
"Since I caused this." This was uttered softly as she reached up and made sure Mara didn't have a concussion, for a second time. Removing her hand, she stepped back and began to lead the capable undead to the infirmary, looking back with guilty concern every so often. It felt like a long walk to the young mage, but they arrived soon enough. She took a few moments to explain to the attendant what happened, the theory behind her spell and the effect it had on the battle-forged woman. For her trouble, the attendant gave her a small lecture on the dangers spells involving a psychomancy element could pose on team members. Lethe was silent through the whole matter and even bowed to the man when he finished with, "You keep in mind all this next time you think a bit of magic is a good fix. Now, get out."

Thoroughly lectured, in a way that reminded her of home when it was still her home, she made her way over to Artur, who would hopefully be Mara-free and payed no heed to the minor oration.
"Well, I think we can go back now." She offered a strained smile as she made her way back to the briefing room. There was a young woman, asking for innate skills of everyone. That made her pause, but she shook off the momentary feeling before offering, "I'm a mage, so most of my skills lie in magic. I also know a decent bit of alchemy."

Interacting: idalie idalie GumGumChomp GumGumChomp MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter
Spell Cast/Translation:
:

The Director didn't have to get too far before he saw the towering, efficiently built figure sauntering his way down the hall, apparently making a diagonal beeline across the hall to the janitor's closet that stood just behind himself and the young kobold following in tow. He saw the bearded man carried a large bundle of sodas in his arms, and reminded himself to do a quick inventory of the staff's mess hall. He was offered one of the bottles and, amicably, took a sip.

"Thank you, I was needing one of these right around now. I don't think I've been able to properly greet you, you came in the middle of briefing. I'm the Director of Operations, as you could probably guess. Your room assignment, as soon as someone else on the team gets notified of their room change, is the dormitory with the Rhino on it. Your roommate will most likely be in her dorm right-" he stopped abruptly as looked down the hall, which opened to a T-junction behind Aiden, and saw three figures, one feminine and small in stature, the second one tall and broad-chested, and the third one draped limply over the tall man's shoulder. "-will most likely be back to her dorm in a few minutes. You've probably passed the training hall and restrooms already, the cafeteria can also be accessed from this hall or from your team's sitting rooms. Any doors with numbers on them lead to the other teams' wings, please don't go into those without permission, the briefing rooms are behind me. It's good to have you on board."

As he finished, the imposing Aiden politely requested that he have the bottle back to recycle. After a few moments of initial confusion, which Aiden clearly took pleasure in, the pieces began falling into place with the medical alcohol, the bottles of soda, and the beeline toward the janitor's closet, and after returning the bottle to the newest arrival, he said, "You know, we were just heading to a space we were going to refurbish into a workshop before heading out on the mission if you'd like to come with us. It has boxes of supplies and old equipment. You know, wood, cement, power tools, gasoline, turpentine..." The Director intentionally emphasized the last two as much as he could. He looked back and saw that only the young girl and tall man, who he assumed were Lethe and Artur, were heading back across the hall in the opposite direction without the unconscious figure this time.

"Since you were selected for your improvised weapon and engineering skills, I'm sure if you got accommodated there you'd find a lot of things more useful to you right now than anything in our medical wing." He wasn't out-and-out saying whether or not he knew, but he hoped he dropped enough blatant hints for Aiden to return the alcohol bottle to the infirmary and accompany the two to the storage space and find something a lot more useful and a lot less expensive to burn. Besides, as Quell and Aiden were essentially the two skilled technicians on the team, they both needed a space to construct whatever equipment they needed. "After we do this, I'd suggest heading back to the briefing room so everyone can finish planning the mission."

CHARACTERS: DIRECTOR PALLAS | LOCATION: IIHQ Hallway | CURRENT: Talking to Theflamre Theflamre and escorting Snek Snek | MENTIONED: idalie idalie , GumGumChomp GumGumChomp and Nastarial Nastarial | OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES: None Currently

Last edited:
Quel'xavuatl

Inventory: Smoke Bombs (5), Tyrant's Breath (5), Quicksilver Suit (equipped)

Interacting: idalie idalie Nastarial Nastarial MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter
Quell followed the director all the way to the darkened doorway he assumed was the storage room. Barely able to contain his anticipation and excitement of having his own work room instead of having to use Master Tannen's, Q entered the room and flicked on the light.

It was a musty, old room with lots of crates and boxes whose labels revealed their contents to be various raw materials and bottles of stock chemicals, just as the director had described. There was a large table in the middle of the room which was covered with more boxes, and a smaller L-shaped workbench fitted into the far corner which was stacked with crates and old, rust-tarnished power tools like drills and a couple saws. The corner nearest the door was crammed with old miscellaneous junk parts and assorted machine components from contraptions long dead. Above the L-shaped workbench and along the wall nearest the door were a couple of tool racks, which were dusty and empty.

Quell looked around, a little disappointed but grateful that the room at least had a light and places to sit or stand while working. As he set down his bag on the L-bench, he took inventory in his head of the things that he'd have to requisition once the mission was over and Q had his paycheck. The Treeshapers probably had a holo-screen they didn't need anymore, and maybe a keyboard...Master Tannen probably would let him take that motherboard that never got used...the generator definitely.

"It's a bit of a fixer-upper, but after I call in some favors from the Treeshapers and requisition some other assets and materials, it'll be all set. Thanks for letting us use this space, Director," said Quell, nodding to the Director before turning and exiting the room. "For now, I'll hold onto my stuff in my room. Not sure how secure this room is yet, and not worth risking someone grabbing my prototpes while I'm gone. I'm gonna go get into my suit and then head to the briefing room with everyone else to plan."

He headed down the hall towards the dorms, entering the Vulture room and closing the door behind him. The room was remarkably empty, as it had seemed that Artur had yet to deposit his belongings in the room. Quell set to work unpacking, putting his folded clothes into the dresser and pulling out the Quicksilver Suit, a skintight body suit that he quickly changed into. It was covered with dynamic silver magitech sensor plates encoded with a high-level concealment glamour. It was one of Q's proudest inventions, even though it was far from optimized. The puncture-resistant mesh upgrade would have to wait though. Nanoweave was a bit outside of his budget range at the moment.

Quell secured his smoke bombs and Tyrant's Breath in the slim pouches strapped to his side, tested the auxiliary functions on his right arm's fingers and palm, and made sure that the suit's polyform function was working so that the suit would shift to accommodate if Q had a sudden and urgent need for wings or claws. The rest of his belongings were mostly small sentimental items and trinkets, as well as a few small valuables that didn't fit in his wallet. Okay, more than a few. His draconic hoarding instinct was strong, and there was something satisfying about the weighted clink of coins and jewels in his satchel. Q pulled the coin satchel out from the larger travel pack, stuffing the shinies back into it that had spilled out, and stashed the pouch away in a location within the dormitory that he deemed secure.

The last item in his pack was by far his most valuable possession. Quell was far from a violent or cruel individual, but he found it far from unlikely that he would kill someone or even sacrifice more of his own limbs in order to protect the small, orb-shaped artifact. It was a small cluster of circuitry, diodes, wiring, and digital components, sealed within a special synthetic white casing which was currently loosened to reveal the inner workings inside. A small spherical chamber lay within the core of the device, attached to the rest of the mechanism with countless wires. The chamber was empty...for now. This device was the culmination of Quell's tutelage under Zelig Tannen, it was the kobold's pride and joy, and it was his ticket to respect and recognition as an esteemed artificer.

LG-Robot-Ball-02.jpg

He slipped it under his pillow and left the room.

When he reached the briefing room to join the others, he listened in to the conversation as everyone deliberated and listed their strengths.

"My magitechnical aptitude is usually suited to espionage and hacking, especially considering the capabilities of my suit and auxiliary functions built into my arm," Quell mused, flexing his cybernetic arm for dramatic effect, "although I'm not so sure how useful I can be for this particular mission. At most, I can only hold my own in 1-on-1 combat, and certainly not against an opponent as large as these horrors we're hunting. My patented Tyrant's Breathtm is great for initiating a fight, but it isn't lethal. If we can figure out how to beat them, I can at least knock out their major senses long enough that we can take them down. Other than that, I'm basically just suited for gathering information and taking down individual targets with my tattoo forms. If it's essential for the team to know what they do, I'd be glad to demonstrate."

He sighed as he noticed the kobalt run into the room with such excitement that he totally ignored him. The crying shame aside he walked into the storage room after him looking around for a few moments. His blue eyes trying to divine for something for a fair few moments before he clicked his tounge and reached towards the top shelf. He pulled down a couple boxes of nails, a couple bottles of motor oil and bottle walked off towards the kitchen again "I'll be in the breifing room in five sir" he promised. Blatently walking into the kitchen this time he replaced the bottle of medical alcohol with a bottle of cooking oil. Carfully checking the ingredients of the cooking oil before grinning to him self and buttoning the pocket closed. He also took a sharpie for a few moments to write on the side of the container of coke before heading off. Heading back into the breifing room he set the container of cokes on a near by table with the words "Free coke take one" written cleanly against the side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back