• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Infernal Intervention

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Desktop base" style="color:black;"]
[div class="Current ImagButton" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Currently
[div class="Image ImagButton hidden" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Image[/div]

[div class="Img Head"]
tumblr_pa2resuKC71rlx2ggo1_540.png
[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Nastarial Nastarial GumGumChomp GumGumChomp ZacksQuest ZacksQuest MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter Snek Snek Theflamre Theflamre
Mentioned: N/A
Located: Ezac Base

Inventory: €200; Rapier; Pocketwatch
[/div]
ARTUR DEMETRESCU

Following Lethe to the infirmary Art became aware that it must've been the small mage who calmed her and subsequently knocked her out. The Revenant tried to give a reassuring smile as she glanced back at the unconscious Amazonian of a woman, "If it wasn't for you, I think she would've had me by the throat." He commented, posing a positive side to the ordeal, "And the troublesome way she deems others subhuman." Alas he felt the conversational pieces were lost on Lethe's guilt. Reaching the medical bay he stepped away to put Mara in one of the available beds. Rolling her off his shoulder and into the mattress; giving a rather narrowed gaze at her seemingly peaceful expression. If only smothering teammates was an acceptable way to dismiss the dislikable ones. Not today it seemed.

Again they made their way back to the briefing room to see one of the other girls, Hailey, asking the bigger questions on everyone's mind. That being magic and the skills possessed rather than short descriptions of it. Waiting for Lethe to finish, giving a pleasant smile to try and boost her spirits, the Revenant then cleared his throat. "Well, I do have a few tricks up my sleeve. I can kill flesh by touching it, not very nice but what can you say when shunted powers by a demon? Don't worry about every day though, you shan't get gangrene from a handshake. I suppose I can do a little blood magic, but I must warn, a Revenant who gives into the temptation of drinking from the living is lost. Unlike Vampires who require it to survive, It has a different effect. Something everyone should be aware of, in case they think me squeamish of injuries." Artur cleared his throat, "With that in addition to my swordplay and espionage, forgive my backward attempts at using technology unlike Mr Q, I'm adept at transfiguring myself into a shadow, which makes it significantly easier to find ways into places." He gave a general wink, and subsequently disappeared. Transparently vanishing into the floor, where he remained still, adding some show business to reappear on the otherside of the room unseen.

Walking back around, he stood by Lethe again somewhat adopting her as a friendly face considering she had her own interests in the arcane. "I missed a good opportunity to do something with far more pizzazz," He joked to the mage, glancing about the room. Art crossed his arms over his chest appearing a little hesistant in giving Lethe a nudge, nevertheless to get her attention so he could lean in slightly. "Are you sure you're quite alright?" He arched his brow, expressing concern.

[/div] Code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith [/div]

Last edited:
[class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [class=Button] background-color: #102f7e; color: White; text-align:center; padding:5px; width:100%; [/class] [class name=ButtonClick] background-color: #081b4d; color: Silver; text-align:center; padding: 5px; width:100%; [/class] [class name=Button state=hover] background-color: #081b4d; cursor:pointer; color:white; [/class] [script class=Button on=click] removeClass ButtonClick Button addClass ButtonClick set link (getText) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (show Stats) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (show Eq) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (hide CR) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (hide Stats) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (hide Eq) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (show CR) [/script]

[div class="Button CR"]
Asher Salah
[/div] [div class="Button Eq hidden"]
Status
[/div] [div class=Tags style="font-family: times new roman; Font-size: 85%;Text-align:center;"]

Interacting:

Located:
Team Ezac Base [/div] [div class="Stats hidden" style="font-family: times new roman; Font-size: 85%;Text-align:center;"]

inventory
107$
kukri blade
jawbone blade
[/div]
Asher stood silent, inundated with various thoughts. He had spent all his life, save for the past year, in that camp. Asher had been groomed to be the harbinger of a bitter god. However, a god as full of angst could not help but gossip of his own pet project. It infuriated Asher, in that moment he realized not only had he been kept captive destined for a genocide he felt no want to commit, he had been a bragging point of Elyon to, well, someone. It most likely was one of his brothers, whom Asher had not heard much of. Asher felt the flames rise in him, his eyes again glowing. This side affect, his anger, served as only another reminder of his wasted life. Rage built inside asher, small, white holy flames flicking at the end of his fingertips. However at the sound of the kobolds voice Asher's thoughts and flames alike were extinguished. The director walked away with the lizard, and he took a look at his callused hands, still warmed from flame.

Asher spun on his heel, and began his way back to the common area which everyone still stood and or sat in. He had arrived just in time, despite his lengthy mental detour, to begin hearing the powers that the others possessed. The mysterious mage brandished her katana and told of her power, a formidable one at that. He did know of the legend she spoke of concerning her sword, however he was sure he would figure it out in time. Next Artur spoke, listing off various abilities, all of which Asher could think of several uses for. However when the tall revenant seemingly teleported across the room Asher was intrigued. AfterArtur's show, he stepped forward. It seemed right that he went after the dead man in a sort of entertaining irony.[br][/br]
"Right well... My power is fairly simple. I'm sure we've all heard of Leon Shaddai, but you may not have heard of his son, Elyon. Long story short, I have a bit of that guy's mojo and I use it to create protective barriers, like these" Asher reached out his hand and raised it up. From the ground in front of him three barriers of white holy flame rose. They all spanned a 8x8 foot area. "There is more to my power that I don't quite understand. I don't know how large I can make the barriers, I've never tried. But, whatever it is I'll use it to protect whomever"

Asher pushed his hand towards the ground as if smothering the flames and the barriers wasted away. He had hoped his team could think of a good use for them, and hoped they would lead him to more understanding and opportunity. [br][/br]​

creds AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Last edited:
He looked around the room at the plethra of magic users he was now in the presence of. He thought for a good long moment about his awnser the deep thought showing on his face. After a few moments of casting his gaze downwards he figured it would to be to his benfit to just be honest. "Well my named Aiden, and I can" he paused for a moment not trying to seem creepy but it was hard given the nature of his abilty. "Detect your emotions, it's kind of varying depending on the emotion in all honesty. For instance if one of you got shot and you were in serious pain I could find you if you were within" he paused again, this time he let out a quiet whistle as he held his hands on ether side of his chest moving them up and down like he was weighing them. "Like five hundred to six hundred meters, now I wouldn't know where you were or if indeed it was you. I would only know someone was in pain, at that point it would be kind of a game of hot and cold to find you" he purposefully left out the fact he didn't have the ability to deactivate this power and could constanly tell what everyone in the room was feeling.
He smiled reaching what he considered the high point of his powers, mostly because they were more utility then down right creepy. "
I can also force your bodies to heal, normally you'll pass out after a few moments and if you don't have enough energy left in you I'll use mine." he said putting his thumb into his large chest. It was weird to say the least, the notably big redhaired man was eccentric. Strangely so in fact he seemed to act like a mix between a kid and a king. All of this was only further pushed into the strange section by the fact he was covered in scars.
ligitmently covered, one crossed the bridge of his nose, another seemed to come dangerously close to his eye more covered his hands then any where else. They were so prevalent on his hands they looked like a close mess of wire, and one would be forgiven for thinking that if every scratch was diffrent in it's size and way it came across his hands."
oh and I guess I'm decently well versed with monsters, though if that is a magical power or not is up to all of ya'll".
He straightened up and doned a more stoic face now his smile falling into a more serious look that seemed to fill his hard features and large red beard more natually then the broad smile. "
I'll try and concern my self more with each indvidual team members safety on misson then the hunt. It is my personal directive to not let any of you get to Valhalla before me, I'll make sure the rooms we sleep in are safe, the buildings we breach and the ones we inhabit are safe enough for us to avoid dieing. Ya'll just focus on the misson" team medic was a role he enjoyed filling, while he could be a deadly fighter he felt his magical and none magical abilities better suited a defender and support then an assaulting troop.
Nastarial Nastarial GumGumChomp GumGumChomp ZacksQuest ZacksQuest MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter @The Villain King idalie idalie

[class=Background] height: 550px; overflow: auto; min-width: 325px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/axiom-pattern.png); margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; width: 100%; max-width: 900px; [/class] [class=BackBox] border-radius: 15px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/black-thread-light.png); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255, 0.5); margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 90%; max-width: 825px; height: 85%; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=Box] width: 90%; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #bfbfbf; background-color: White; color: gray; margin: auto; margin-top: 30px; height: 400px; font-size: 14px; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: justify; font-family: Lato; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=Subtitle] box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 18px; margin: 10px 0px; text-align: center; color: #808080; font-family: Roboto Slab; [/class] [class=SideBy] display: inline-block; vertical-align: top; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=BottomBorder] background-color: White; height: 2px; width: 76%; margin: auto; [/class] [class=SideBorder] height: 375px; margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 2px; background-color: White; opacity: 0.6; [/class] [class=HiddenScroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; overflow-y: scroll; height: 100%; color: gray; text-align: justify; opacity: 0.9; font-family: Lato;] [/class] [class=Icon] background:url(https://i.imgur.com/EVJtvXJ.jpg); position: relative; background-size: 100px 100px; height: 100px; max-width: 100px; margin: auto; [/class]
[div class=Background style="margin-top: -20px;"][div class=BackBox][div class=SideBy style="width: 3%;"]
[div class=SideBy style="width: 19%;"][div class=Box style="height: 125px; max-width: 125px; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; margin-top: 50px;"][div class=Icon][/div][/div][div class=Box style="background-color: transparent; font-size: 20px; overflow: hidden; height: 30px; text-align: center; color: #000008; padding: 0px; letter-spacing: -1px; margin-top: 10px; opacity: 0.6; border: none;"]Kaliope[/div][div class=Box style="margin: auto; height: 185px; margin-top: 10px; width: 90%; max-width: 150px; font-size: 12px; word-spacing: -1px; padding: 4px; padding-top: 10px; overflow: hidden;"][div class=HiddenScroll style="margin-left: 6px;"]Location:IIFC HQ

Mood: Gleefully Anxious

Possessions: -Mabel(Glock 19), Mark I Mark(Trench Knife), Poppa(Thrice Blessed Knuckle Dusters) & Unnamed Benelli M4

Interacting With: idalie idalie Nastarial Nastarial Lemercer Lemercer GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Snek Snek MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter ZacksQuest ZacksQuest Theflamre Theflamre SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

[/div][/div][/div][div class=SideBy style="width: 1%;"][div class=SideBorder style="margin-left: 13px;"][/div][/div][div class=SideBy style="width: 77%;"][div class=Box style="overflow: hidden; padding-left: 20px;"][div class=HiddenScroll]
From down the hall, Kaliope could be heard whistling as she approached the briefing room. Just before she enters the whistling stops and she walks in holding the shotgun with a serious look on her face. “Hello again, what did I miss?”

Finding a seat she placed the shotgun on the table and leaned back a little in her seat. "I found the armory by the way, really nice. There were some weapons I couldn't identify, which is odd. But I doubt they'd be in Guns and Ammo, really nice. After we return I am definitely going to put in some range time." Kaliope's eyes widen at the thought before cutting off her imagination with a shake of her head before it lulled her into daydreams of shooting mysterious guns.

“So I guess we are just waiting on a couple of the others before with kick off this Op. I for one am very ex...I have high hopes that we will execute this operation succefully and will form a competent and cohesive unit.”
[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div][/div]

[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //this code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code. // // when typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press ente// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The background image// [/class]

[class=Notes] //the transparent with background and the border and below is the text// [/class]
Ria Lethe McAlister
Find your own magic. It can take you a long way.

The young mage watched on in awe at the various skills and powers being shown and listed by everyone. Everyone had skills and abilities so very different from everyone else. It made her wonder what they wouldn't be able to handle. Of course, she didn't pretend to understand more than half of what the kobald said, so she simply took him as an expert of his devices and whatever 'magitech' was. Although, she was vastly curious about his metal arm. She'd have to ask him at some point about it.

Artur's abilities and skills as he listed fascinated her greatly, for while she had an interest in the undead, she hadn't truly known what a Revenant could do. She resisted the urge to clap at the shadow-play he seemed very proficient at. When he returned to her side, which was an unexpected thing, she smiled and beamed at his jest. She had just turned her attention back to the others, when she was nudged by the man beside her. She blinked at the question for moment before nodding.
"Thank you, I'll be fine." Her voice was still rather soft but appreciative over the concern he expressed. "This is a much different dynamic that what I'm accustomed to. I'll adapt to it, given enough time."

She caught the tail end of Asher's demonstration, and again, her mind became distracted from her feelings as she became intrigued by the fiery spectacle. Then Aiden began discussing his own abilities. The notion of having an empath nearby gave Lethe pause, if only because she wasn't keen on someone having a scope on her feelings. She knew that in certain situations, she could be more volatile than Mara had been mere minutes ago. She hadn't mentioned yet that most of her spells were in the... well, less than savory category. Having been taught that she should never just reveal such, she'd opted for staying pointedly quiet about the nature of her magic and her full capabilities. Aiden's energy, however, brought her out of her concern. His assurance to make sure they remained protected was admirable, and despite her initial feelings, she found a smile playing on her lips yet again.

When Kaliope entered again, she was armed with Lethe could only imagine was a modern gun of some sort. She'd seen a couple of old models, but what the other woman held was unlike what she had seen before. The mage could only look on with curiosity bubbling yet again.
"So many things to learn about..." she said absently and more to herself than anyone around her.

[class=Notes] //Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags// [/class]
Interacting: idalie idalie MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter Lemercer Lemercer Snek Snek SP3CT3R SP3CT3R VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow Theflamre Theflamre ZacksQuest ZacksQuest
Mentioned: GumGumChomp GumGumChomp
Located: IITF HQ
Items of Note: Former Cult's Coat of Protection (owned); Tincture holding Belt (owned);
Tincture Number & Contents: 1) Herbal Nerve Toxin; 2) Phial of Everfrost
Spell Cast/Translation:
:
code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Hailey
---------------------------------------------------------
"I see you guys are quick to trust." She nodded at each of them as they showed their abilities. The team certainly had versatility, though the problem she saw was the lack of synergy between all of them. A magitech, a long range, a juggernaut, Ghost Rider, Spawn, and herself, a copycat. Though nobody, not even the Association knows the true nature, and origin, of the strangely unique magic known as Projection.

What bothered her was... "I do hope you are not as trusting with more vital information. It could cost you dearly." She left her words hanging in the air, allowing tension to build up.

"Would you like to discuss our strategy? Not that I see much information to work with. Other than mediocre mages killing one pest of an infestation. We should at least learn the method. Pardon me," she turned to leave the room, draping her cloak around herself, as she was unaccustomed to being in a gathering for long and it gave a little chill, "My sugar reserves are running a bit low. I do hope the cafeteria here has strawberry parfait."

Before she stepped out the room, she looked at everyone once more and studied them. Even the circuits inside their bodies, running down the Ley Lines by their feet, connecting, intertwining. She could see the power they held, but their intentions cannot show upon the magical latitudes. Surely, not all of them wished good. She didn't. Not at all. All of them were simply pieces she could sacrifice at any time.

"If anyone needs me, just call my name. I'll be at the cafeteria emptying their sweets reserves." She left singing a happy tune, which was uncharacteristic of her. Nor did it fit the mood she just set. She wanted to make in uncomfortable. "Parfait, Ice Cream, Sherbet, Sundae, Creme Brulee..."

Nastarial Nastarial GumGumChomp GumGumChomp ZacksQuest ZacksQuest @TheVillainKing idalie idalie Theflamre Theflamre Lemercer Lemercer

[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Img Head"]
[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Nastarial Nastarial ZacksQuest ZacksQuest MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter Snek Snek Theflamre Theflamre Lemercer Lemercer VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow

Inventory: €200; Rapier; Pocketwatch
[/div]
ARTUR DEMETRESCU

Demetrescu had smiled and given something of an 'Ah' to Lethe's reply. "You and me both, then." He remarked, considering his teamwork had either been espionage based, entirely military operated, solo, or from the Cold War. As Asher displayed his power, Artur seemed to take a step back and shy from the holy flames in a natural response to the uncomfortable sensation. Nevertheless, he supposed he'd have to get used to it. Grit your teeth and bear it like a man, or something along the lines. The Revenant continued to nod and show his appreciation for displaying the power -- if anything it was polite. Ash seemed a decent young man, helpful to have as aid, and for that Art was glad. The large redheaded man, Aiden his name, spoke next. A medic was something Artur was glad for, yet -- he wasn't entirely sure how restorative magic worked on the dead. He'd have to see when the time would come whether or not it would function. It wasn't as if Artur was too bothered being shot or stabbed, of course, it hurt but he was far more concerned with losing limbs.

After Aiden came Kaliope, whom he had spoken briefly to in their initial introductions. Clearly, a capable human but not magically inclined, rather sticking to her guns. It would be helpful, no doubt but questionable as to whether or not she could hold her own without them. Next to speak came Hailey. "Quick to trust?" Artur let out a laugh, "I doubt anyone here trusts each other completely, but being in a team such as ours, is being put between a rock and a hard place. It's necessary we know what we're capable of. Wouldn't you think?" The Revenant arched his brows, dismissive of the building tension between her words. "Oh? Vital information I spout like no tomorrow. Sometimes I particularly enjoy telling America, China's nuclear codes." Art drawled, but as soon as she'd mentioned strategies, Hailey had already begun making her way to the cafeteria. Clearly, upon initial observations, she wasn't concerned with much else but herself causing the Revenant to scrutinise the mage, down to the confident strut and happy tune. He knew a snake when he saw one.

"Well, strategies hm?" The Revenant tucked his hand into the pocket of his jacket. "We can work it out on scene or here, but I'd say with our powers we know what positions we'll take. I know I'm happier on the offensive rather than defensive, but we should pair up long range with short range, Lethe for example can provide cover, Kaliope even." Artur motioned, fiddling with the chain of his pocket watch. "Although, that's just common sense. Any thoughts on the subject? Asher?" He glanced over to the Harbringer.

Last edited:
[class=Background] height: 550px; overflow: auto; min-width: 325px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/gplay.png); margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; width: 100%; max-width: 900px; [/class] [class=BackBox] border-radius: 15px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/ag-square.png); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255, 0.25); margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 90%; max-width: 825px; height: 85%; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=Box] width: 90%; border-radius: 1px; border: 1px solid #bfbfbf; background-color: White; color: gray; margin: auto; margin-top: 30px; height: 400px; font-size: 14px; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: justify; font-family: Lato; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=Subtitle] box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 1px; margin: 10px 0px; text-align: center; color: #808080; font-family: Roboto Slab; [/class] [class=SideBy] display: inline-block; vertical-align: top; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=BottomBorder] background-color: White; height: 2px; width: 76%; margin: auto; [/class] [class=SideBorder] height: 375px; margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 2px; background-color: White; opacity: 0.6; [/class] [class=HiddenScroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; overflow-y: scroll; height: 100%; color: gray; text-align: justify; opacity: 0.9; font-family: Lato;] [/class] [class=Icon] background:url(https://i.imgur.com/EVJtvXJ.jpg); position: relative; background-size: 100px 100px; height: 100px; max-width: 100px; margin: auto; [/class]
[div class=Background style="margin-top: -20px;"][div class=BackBox][div class=SideBy style="width: 3%;"]
[div class=SideBy style="width: 19%;"][div class=Box style="height: 125px; max-width: 125px; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; margin-top: 50px;"][div class=Icon][/div][/div][div class=Box style="background-color: transparent; font-size: 20px; overflow: hidden; height: 30px; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; padding: 0px; letter-spacing: -1px; margin-top: 10px; opacity: 0.6; border: none;"]Kaliope[/div][div class=Box style="margin: auto; height: 185px; margin-top: 10px; width: 90%; max-width: 150px; font-size: 12px; word-spacing: -1px; padding: 4px; padding-top: 10px; overflow: hidden;"][div class=HiddenScroll style="margin-left: 10px;"]Location: IIFC-HQ
Mood: Ready
Possessions: Mabel/Poppa/Mark I Mark/Shotgun
Interacting With: Nastarial Nastarial ZacksQuest ZacksQuest MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter Snek Snek Theflamre Theflamre Lemercer Lemercer idalie idalie
[/div][/div][/div][div class=SideBy style="width: 1%;"][div class=SideBorder style="margin-left: 13px;"][/div][/div][div class=SideBy style="width: 77%;"][div class=Box style="overflow: hidden; padding-left: 20px;"][div class=HiddenScroll]
Kaliope looked over to Artur as he spoke. As Hailey left the room those looking could see Kaliope roll her eyes. "I am more than willing to provide support in any number of ways, not just with..." Kaliope tapped the shotgun on the table and put a finger to her head. "Well I haven't named it but I am more than a woman with a shotgun. Before my joining the IIFC I was an... officer of the law."

"So if we want to dangle our tankier members as bait with the proper safety measures or even dangle decoys in order to monitor the targets to gain more information, that would be preferred. I have participated in my fair share of stakeouts and info gathering. I do think that a plan similar to this one would benefit us as we know next to nothing about the various creatures."

Kaliope took a breath in. "The fact that they are all so different would make doing this even tougher. Though, if all else fails we could always just bring very large nets." Kaliope said jokingly with a smile. "Though on arrival, I would wish to speak with those that dealt with the dead creature. I figure they would know more than what was told to us which is probably more than we know, which is next to nil."

After speaking her mind she looked over to Asher to listen to his response.

"big traps" He said having a obvious sort of favortism to the idea of traps as he unloaded A large spool of metal wire, a couple of motor oil canisters, a large container of cooking oil, a and nails. "not to under mind you" he said nodding to kalio "But we don't know what these things can do, and I'm not for putting anyone in front of one tell we do. So we hook up a couple shrapnel/fire bombs and wait, it will also give us a good chance to see how they react." In all truth a part of him just wanted to make and use some explosives, the other part of him just didn't like the idea of standing in front of anything and waiting for it to attack them, human or otherwise. He didn't look around the room he could probably tell where people sat just by their emotions, though he did tend to normally put up that sorta act he just didn't as he was focused on the ingredients he had on table.
"by the by, do you mind if my workings go off? I understand no civilian casualties are to be accepted but you said nothing about property damage." He said turning towards the Director and arching a eyebrow, checking in with ones officer was lesson one in getting an assignment and honestly he wasn't one to try and break thr rules first day if he didn't have to. He started making a mental list of things that would make his set up better. Flashbangs would be useful considering they went off useing a magnesium charge and could easily work as a starter to almost any sort of bomb. A good selection of guns, he preferred rifles with a bit of range to them as keeping an foe within arms reach is only a danger in this modern era. Most importantly though, was more, more everything defense and ambush was one of those things that was never truly perfect so constant improvement would need to he made.
He however didn't care how long it took, he wanted to further lethalise his trap. Its what made him a good siege master, he didn't mind toiling constantly over something that would never be perfect. It was actually when he was at his most happy, the constant labor of building fortresses and strong holds made him an expetionally happy man and could occupy him for years if he was given the proper man power and supplies.
He may have some mental disorder or something but he didn't care if something never ended as long as it was something that would keep him busy.
Interacting:@Nastarial ZacksQuest ZacksQuest MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter Snek Snek idalie idalie Lemercer Lemercer VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow

Infernal Intervention Bureau
The Director glared quickly at Aiden, and bluntly remarking, "Casualties are unfortunately expected in most operations, but anything that can be traced back to your methods might put you under the scrutiny of the board. I think you've got the basics of this mission, most of you have discussed your abilities and the primary line of discussion here is to know the enemy before rushing in head-first. Once you've been dropped off in Thessaloniki, you'll be welcomed by the chief magus of the guild and our board member who oversees European Mediterranean affairs. Most likely, you'll be doing some ground work gathering intel on the creatures from both the mages and physical evidence, but with creatures that big with body counts that high it shouldn't be too hard to get a pulse-" The Director's attention was caught by a buzzing in his jacket pocket. He fished through his pocket for a moment, pulled out a small black smartphone, and swiped the screen before putting it up to his ear. "Director Pallas." He said nothing for some time. "Apollo?" The response on the other end came quicker, and he said, "What's the status?" The response was long, and throughout the entirety of it the color slowly drained from his face, turning his somewhat olive tan complexion into a dark ashy hue. "Where are the subjects now?" Quick response, followed by an expletive. "Fuck- hold your positions and bring in the Athenian Magi if you need to, I'm sending the team now." He ended the call and violently shoved the small phone back in his pocket. "Everyone, the time for strategizing has officially ended. The three creatures left are engaged in an ongoing attack on civilian population centers. The Magus are trying to protect the civilians, but the creatures seem to be picking off the mages first. Get your shit and head out through the doors, I'll buzz the portal operator to drop you off on a vantage point in the plaza. Everyone, good luck."

The Director realized as he shouted that final order that only eight of the ten were present in briefing. He raced down to the mess hall and burst open the door on the mystical noblewoman happily engulfed in a chocolate sundae. "Lady Melloi! Take the glass with you and prepare your gear, we're doing an emergency deployment." He had one more team member that he needed to find, but in his haste he wasn't sure where yet. Then he remembered Lethe and Artur heading down the hallway with Mara draped over the tall revenant's shoulder when he was directing Quell and Aiden to the workshop. He sprinted down to the infirmary and spoke to the head physician about seeing if she was awake yet. At the physician's admission, he headed into the infirmary to see if the hot-headed pyromancer was conscious yet. Time was of the essence, and lives were on the line.

CHARACTERS: DIRECTOR PALLAS | LOCATION: IIHQ COMMON AREA | CURRENT ACTION: Sending the team out to Greece. | MENTIONED: Nastarial Nastarial SP3CT3R SP3CT3R VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter idalie idalie Lemercer Lemercer Theflamre Theflamre Snek Snek GumGumChomp GumGumChomp | OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES: None Currently

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait][/div][div class=statusText]Location: The Infirmary

Sobriety: Completely Sober (for now)

Mood: All Fired Up

Items: Twin Pistols

Interacting With: ZacksQuest ZacksQuest

% Gay for Lethe

[/div][/div][div class=title]Mara[/div][div class=text]When the director entered, Mara was just waking up, sitting up in the bed she was placed on "Ugh... the hell happened?" she asked herself as she rubbed her head, it feeling sore after her faceplant into the floor of the meeting room. "I bet that demon did this..." she muttered, her fist clenched, a few embers flying from it. After a few more seconds of mumbling anti-demon rhetoric, she looked up, finally noticing the director.

"Ah, hey there," she greeted, "so, when're we leaving? I wanna beat something up already!" Mara exclaimed, bolting upright and punching her open palm. "Preferably Artur, but those weird monster things will do as well."

[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#1B1515; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #f3c662; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #1B1515; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

[div class="Img Head"]
[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Nastarial Nastarial ZacksQuest ZacksQuest

Inventory: €200; Rapier; Pocketwatch.
[/div]
ARTUR DEMETRESCU

The team's strategy talk was cut short by the Director's panic, setting Artur off towards his room. Or rather what had been his room, when they returned he'd have to move his things from Rhino to Vulture. Thank whatever deity above had granted him the luck to. Grabbing his greatcoat, the Revenant tugged it on and buckled the swordbelt about his waist beneath it. Ensuring the rapier was in good reach and condition, he returned to the main sitting area and dusted down his broad shoulders. Spying Lethe returning from her room, he put out a hand grab her attention. "Miss, a moment --" Art cracked a small grin, "Seeing as you are better at ranged spells, mind if you watch my back if I watch yours? I was thinking, a partnership would go a long way if we come up against one of those ugly bastards. Combat wise, of course the whole team will be looking out for one another. A mage is always good luck in my books."

He half turned to the portals, again looking to the small magic user. "We'll certainly give them a good show if nothing else." The Revenant adjusted his posture, flexing forward and back with a stretch whilst securing his hand over the hilt of his blade. A fight was never a reason to hesistate, but there had been so many of them that one would think life was nothing but violence. He could see a million battlefields, a million dead, from the Somme to the African Plains, and the sandstone walls of Jerusalem, stained in the blood of martyrs. Artur was aware he hadn't learnt his lesson since the days of yore. But, nobody said you could blame the dead for desiring familiarity.

Demetrescu offered a cool, callused palm. "It'd be rude to assume ladies first, so would you mind taking the leap together?" He arched his brow, taking steps toward the portal as it was prepared. "I'd want no different for any partner of mine, and as the Director said, time is getting on." The Revenant threw in a momentary, charismatic wink for his invitation to join. Not quite the best invitation you wanted to hand out to young women, when at the exit they'd be faced with beasts of size, strength, and perhaps even magic.

Last edited:
Quel'xavuatl

Inventory:
(5) Smokey bois
(5) Tyrant's Breath
(1) Quicksilver Suit
(1) Wish that travel without jumping through portals was an option

Interacting with: idalie idalie Nastarial Nastarial ZacksQuest ZacksQuest
Quell listened to everyone else's statements, then sat alert when the Director gave them new orders. It seemed that his first day on the job was going to get exciting and dangerous much sooner than he had anticipated. "Aye aye, Cap'n!" he shouted, checking his gear and his arm to make sure he had all of his basic equipment. He wished he would have had at least some time to slap together a couple other devices just in case, but it seemed like the standard loadout would have to do for today.

While the others ran off to their rooms to grab their gear, Quell was already outfitted and as such, headed directly for the portal at the entrance.

Oh lord. Oh lord oh lord oh sweet sweet Hunahpu why is it always the goddamn portals.

Q's enthusiasm and readiness to face danger vanished as he stood, frozen in dread in front of the swirling mystical gateway. Artur and Lethe ran up behind, joking with each other about which one was going to hop in first.

"You guys can go ahead, I'll...I'll be a minute. I'm just a little anxious, haha, not like there's anything wrong with portals or anything. No deep internal issues here in terms of, y'know, any hesitations or reservations with jumping through big mysterious magical gates. I'll be all right, just gotta really pump myself up and all that."

A visible drop of sweat crawled down his forehead as he prepared to jump and subsequently hesitated. "All right here we go, for real this time."

He continued telling himself that after the next three failed attempts to jump.

[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //this code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code. // // when typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press ente// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// [/class]

[class=Notes] //the transparent with background and the border and below is the text// [/class]
Ria Lethe McAlister
Feel the power of true magic!

Lethe had been listening to the conversation with interest when she took notice of the Director speaking into a strange little box. Frowning, she was about to inquire about it to the Revenant beside her when she heard 'Apollo.' That made her snap her attention right back to the Director, who was soon telling all present that they needed to go. Now. Apparently the mages at the rendezvous were currently under siege from the beasts. Lethe frowned, wondering whether her own magic would be effect against the creatures. She decided that she'd find out for herself, as she knew her practices were different than others'. She left the room, taking quick steps to the Raven room and haphazardly threw her info docket inside. She had everything she needed (and owned) on her person already and didn't need any prep time.

She was about to head for the portal when Artur called out to her. She halted, considering his proposal. "I think that would be prudent," she said at last with a smile of her own. "I don't have many spells for close range defense." She noticed his rapier when his hand rested on its hilt and arched a brow. He could make better use of one of the tinctures in her possession. She pulled out a small glass vial topped off with a wax sealed cork, the contents a green-gray sludge, from a pouch on her belt, and handed it to him. "I think you'll find this useful when applied to your sword. Nerve toxin."

All in all, the young mage was rather calm. This was hardly her first battle and her posture bespoke of a veteran of war. She took only a moment to close a few buttons closed on her coat, wanting to ensure her core was protected, in quick practiced motions with one hand. At Artur's second proposition, she hesitated, if only for a moment. Partners? She thought that only slightly odd since technically they were also partnered with eight other people. Still, she nodded and took his extended hand. "We'll be a vanguard then." She quickly glanced to the others as if to indicate who for. Before they left, however, Quell mentioned they should go on ahead. From his babbling, he seemed to be less than keen to deal with the portal. She offered him a sympathetic smile before heading through with Artur.​

[class=Notes] //Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags// [/class]
Interacting: idalie idalie Snek Snek ZacksQuest ZacksQuest
Located: IITF HQ
Items of Note: Former Cult's Coat of Protection (owned); Tincture holding Belt (owned);
Spell Cast/Translation:
:

[class=Background] height: 550px; overflow: auto; min-width: 325px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/gplay.png); margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; width: 100%; max-width: 900px; [/class] [class=BackBox] border-radius: 15px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/ag-square.png); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255, 0.25); margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 90%; max-width: 825px; height: 90%; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=Box] width: 90%; border-radius: 1px; border: 1px solid #bfbfbf; background-color: White; color: gray; margin: auto; margin-top: 30px; height: 400px; font-size: 14px; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: justify; font-family: Lato; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=Subtitle] box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 1px; margin: 10px 0px; text-align: center; color: #808080; font-family: Roboto Slab; [/class] [class=SideBy] display: inline-block; vertical-align: top; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=BottomBorder] background-color: White; height: 2px; width: 76%; margin: auto; [/class] [class=SideBorder] height: 375px; margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 2px; background-color: White; opacity: 0.6; [/class] [class=HiddenScroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; overflow-y: scroll; height: 100%; color: gray; text-align: justify; opacity: 0.9; font-family: Lato;] [/class] [class=Icon] background:url(https://i.imgur.com/EVJtvXJ.jpg); position: relative; background-size: 100px 100px; height: 100px; max-width: 100px; margin: 1px; [/class]
[div class=SideBy style="width: 19%;"][div class=Box style="height: 125px; max-width: 125px; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; margin-top: 50px;"][div class=Icon][/div][/div][div class=Box style="background-color: transparent; font-size: 20px; overflow: hidden; height: 30px; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; padding: 0px; letter-spacing: -1px; margin-top: 10px; opacity: 0.6; border: none;"]K.P.[/div][div class=Box style="margin: auto; height: 185px; margin-top: 10px; width: 90%; max-width: 150px; font-size: 12px; word-spacing: -1px; padding: 4px; padding-top: 10px; overflow: hidden;"][div class=HiddenScroll style="margin-left: 10px;"]
Mood: Determined
Possessions: Mabel, Mark I Mark, Poppa, Shotgun
Interactions: Nastarial Nastarial
Once the word came that they would be heading out Kaliope stood and racked the shotgun. Partially for dramatic punctuation but mostly so she wouldn't pop out on the otherside unpreparred. Even if lead would not suffice it would make for a good distraction. Maybe she would be the bait.

No, that's a silly thought. They were here to keep the asses of everyone as far from the pan as possible as they wade through the flame. There was no need to lie down and roll around on the flame. With a reassuring nod of determination, she started to move out.

As she began to leave she overheard Lethe speak about some nerve agent. She could totally use something like that! She would have to talk to Lethe later about wepon enhancement. But for now she had creatures to Stalk!

Last edited:
[class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [class=Button] background-color: #102f7e; color: White; text-align:center; padding:5px; width:100%; [/class] [class name=ButtonClick] background-color: #081b4d; color: Silver; text-align:center; padding: 5px; width:100%; [/class] [class name=Button state=hover] background-color: #081b4d; cursor:pointer; color:white; [/class] [script class=Button on=click] removeClass ButtonClick Button addClass ButtonClick set link (getText) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (show Stats) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (show Eq) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (hide CR) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (hide Stats) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (hide Eq) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (show CR) [/script]

[div class="Button CR"]
Asher Salah
Status
[/div] [div class=Tags style="font-family: times new roman; Font-size: 85%;Text-align:center;"]

Interacting:

idalie idalie Snek Snek
Located:
Team Ezac Base [/div] [div class="Stats hidden" style="font-family: times new roman; Font-size: 85%;Text-align:center;"]

inventory
107$
kukri blade
jawbone blade
[/div]
The urgency in the director's voice called Asher to attention. He thought he ought to be the first one through seeing as he seemed to be the only defensive power among them. He watched as everyone prepared and he held a breath, keeping to himself a moment of peace. As he looked among the various characters in the room he felt a monolithic purpose rising between them. They were Team Ezac, and in the outskirts of his mind Asher harbored a childish thought, one that told him this could be his family. Asher marched towards the portal with purpose, pulling from his thigh his Jawbone Blade. The director's words echoed in his mind, and he knew that on the other side of this portal lied a new chapter for him.

As asher came closer to the portal he passed Quell and halted. He put his hand on the Kobold's shoulder and smiled a sort of paternal smile.
"Come on Q, let's save some people." he encouraged. He pulled the Kobold forward with him as he reached the portal before putting his hand on the small of Q's back and pushing him in. He didn't seemed thrilled, but Asher worried he wouldn't make it through on his own. The feeling of portal wasn't exactly inviting. Before Asher stepped through himself he looked over his shoulder at the team behind him and smiled. His eyes fell on Artur, the tall pale giant of a man. He felt a sort of kindred spirit with the fellow and paused. "Don't do anything stupid."

With that Asher stepped into the portal and prepared the harness the flames within him against whatever stood on the other side.

Infernal Intervention Bureau
The Director looked towards the chief physician one more time and cocked his head slightly. The physician responded with a nod and pointed to an emptied vial lying in a sterilized pan to Mara's right: about 6cc of low-grade dispel elixir designed to be taken intravenously. Director Pallas noted, quickly, that he'd need to have a talk with young McAlister about her use of psychomancy within the team when- if- she returned from the assignment. kept some distance from Mara as he assessed the damages. He figured the mental hex placed over her by the young mage had dissipated, since she had within seconds of regaining consciousness displayed signs of distrust and anger towards her colleagues followed by an immediate shift into excited anticipation. He noted the embers rising from her fists as he stood at bedside and said, "Good, you're up. The deployment schedule's been moved up, Thessaloniki's mage guild and civilian populations are under an ongoing assault right now and we need to assist them. Get whatever you need and head out the portal."

He paused and added, "By the way, for-" he paused for a moment, looking for a subtler way to say 'To keep you and anyone you'd try to kill in their sleep as separate as humanly possible', "accomodation purposes, Demetrescu has been moved to a different dormitory and Aiden will be your new roommate." He walked out of the infirmary and rounded the corner before he shook his head in exasperation. He'd seen people of her ilk before, and his teams had often been dispatched to take care of them. He only hoped that Zarathustra's decision was correct, and that the team would be able to come together for the mission.

CHARACTERS: DIRECTOR PALLAS | LOCATION: IIHQ Infirmary | CURRENT ACTION: Talking to GumGumChomp GumGumChomp | MENTIONED: Theflamre Theflamre idalie idalie | OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES: None Currently

Thessaloniki, Greece

The first thing anyone would notice once they stepped through the portal into the city center is the smell. Cinders and smoke spike the air with a pungent flavor, alongside the smell of ozone that occurs when too much magic is dispelled in one place. The second, and subsequently the only thing they could notice is the electrical hum that seemed to shake the air. It was musical in tone, its pitch rising and falling constantly, and it was incredibly loud as it seemed to come from everywhere at once. The only noise that overpowered it is the constant, powerful THUMP THUMP THUMP coming from somewhere to the left.

Only then did the warzone really take focus. The streets were cracked, with large divets gouged into them by something very heavy falling very fast repeatedly. Some buildings had extensive holes punched into them, with some walls basically being blown away. Chipped plaster and crumbled molding littered the street, covering it in ghostly cream or tan dust. Bodies, too, scattered about in oddly contorted shapes, thrown haplessly aside like dolls. Many of them were wearing hooded cloaks overtop sleek kevlar and canvas helmets. There was a crackle, and another crackle, a tangible whoosh of energy, and in the corner of their eyes they could see shapes that seemed like floating cloths flit past a rounded intersection.

Then one of the mages darted into the same room, eyeing the newcomers. His accent was thick, dancing quickly off the tongue- possibly an Italian mage sent in to assist. "Intervention? Shitty luck, eh? Least you didn't show up when everyone was dead." Another THUMP THUMP, more crackling energy, and then a loud crack followed by piercing screams. "Shit, fight's three blocks down this way. Two of 'em fucked off back to whatever hole they came from but one of them's still hanging around to clean up the leftovers. You should duck through the buildings, the fucker can't get you he-" He stopped, and his gaze narrowed as he looked somewhere past the convening group. "What's the idea with those two?"

The convening group, coming in or looking back, could see that two of their own- the small, silent gorgon and the hulking, skeletal beast- had pushed their way into the portal, and were now convulsing wildly. Their limbs contracted, every muscle spasming in their bodies as they stood rigidly upright. Then they both drooped down, wilting into a crouched position. Then they assumed an attack stance.

Then they lunged.

CHARACTERS: | LOCATION: Thessaloniki | CURRENT ACTION: Assessing the Battle Scene | OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES: Mage resistance on the losing end. Unknown anomaly happening to Anastasia and Miles. Unseen creature weakened by ducking through buildings. High pitched noise through the air.

[div class="Button CR"]
Asher Salah
Status

Interacting:

Located:

inventory
107$
kukri blade
jawbone blade
[/div]
As soon as his boots hit solid ground Asher's senses were simultaneously assaulted with sounds akin to thunder, stenches of smoke and ozone, and intense magical energy. Around him were 3 of his teammates, Quell the Kobold, visibly uncomfortable from the the trip over to what he assumed was greece. Lethe and Artur also stood by him, taking in the world they had just entered, though they seemed to be processing their environment much more objectively than Asher was. He knew he had to collect himself despite the abrupt change in scenery. The portal whirred behind them and he could feel the density of magic in the area, contemplating just what to do next. His first thought was to run into the warzone and investigate that thunderous thumping coming from their left.

Before Asher could actually make any moves a panicked mage, words indundated with a thick italian accent, came rushing into the room they stood in. "Intervention? Shitty luck, eh? Least you didn't show up when everyone was dead." The mage's initial words concerned him and were promptly followed by blood curdling screams which made his hair stand on edge. However, the mage continued on, telling the group about the situation they were in. The mage rambled on before the buzz of the portal interrupted him. "What's the idea with those two?" said the mage, making the team begin to turn around. The gorgon and Skeleton stood in front of the portal broodingly. Within a moment Asher found himself being lunged at by both of his teammates, or at least who he assumed to be team mates. He threw out his palm and willed his wall of flames to rise between himself and his newfound enemies. "Get behind me!" Asher yelled to his peers as his other hand built up two barriers by their sides to provide further protection.

Asher's mind began to focus, it was the only reason he liked battle, it consumed his mind. He didn't get confused, and his mind didn't wander, He was poignant and ready to do what he must. He watched the creatures slam against the barriers and a smirk began to be painted across his face. Though it began to melt away as they rose back up, in an oddly rigid way and prepared for another attack.

tags// [/class]

Ria Lethe McAlister
Feel the power of true magic!

As she came out the other side of the rift that lead to the Greek city, Lethe was immediately aware of the arcane energy being discharged at such a high volume. It threatened to overwhelm her, nearly bringing memories of her family's war with the Fae to the forefront of her mind, save for the odd noise that rose and fell in its cadence and the almost tight grip she had on Artur's cool hand. War zone, indeed. She took a slow breath to steady herself before releasing the Revenant's hand, looking around and listening to the mage before them. She nodded at the information given but turned as he inquired about she could only assume were her new team members. Turning, curious as to what he was speaking about, Lethe gazed as Miles and Anastasia suddenly became aggressive. Asher was the first to react, bringing up his protective walls of holy flame just as they made their charge. She didn't need to be told twice to follow his direction as she was not for combat in close quarters like this.

Shit! She opted to go with one of her few defensive spells and mentally grabbed at the arcane energy needed.
"Vas fictile inanis!" The air around her seemed to crack as the magical energy took its commanded form underneath the gorgon, altering the state of the ground on which she stood to hopefully slow her down some. Lethe thought it might be able to catch the skeletal thing as well, but it seemed as though he was too large for what she had intended. Even though she was safe from harm for the time being, she still stepped further back than the rest of the team that hadn't lost their minds. This was too close for comfort for the mage, regardless of the barrier. She did her best work from range anyway.

Reaching for a stronger, more offensive spell, she splayed her hands out before her and with a flick of her finger tips, cast, "Mens contritum!" This was one of her more...unsavory spells, a dark psychomantic-evocation made to flay the mind of of her targets, though for this particular instance, she focused all of her attention on Miles. With luck, it would make him halt in his tracks and give the others time to strike them down. Lethe thought she might be a bit too aggressive on the battlefield but she learned a long time ago that you can't spare mercy for an enemy, and since then, she never held back.​

Interacting: Lemercer Lemercer idalie idalie ZacksQuest ZacksQuest
Located: somewhere in Thessaloniki
Spell Cast/Translation:: Vas fictile inanis = earthen void (minor magic); Mens contritum = broken mind (greater magic)

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait][/div][div class=statusText]Location: Thessaloniki

Sobriety: Sober

Mood: Protective

Items: Twin Pistols, Dagger, Whiskey Bottle, Flask with More Whiskey

Interacting With: ZacksQuest ZacksQuest Lemercer Lemercer Nastarial Nastarial

% Gay for Lethe

[/div][/div][div class=title]Mara[/div][div class=text]"Understood, sir." she answered, and went to the barracks, quickly finding a suitable dagger for any slice-and-dicing she might have to do on the mission, along with filling up her flask with some 100 proof whiskey from the kitchen. After taking a few sips from the bottle, she found the portal, and took the leap of faith into the smoldering ruins of the city they must save.

"Well... isn't this just dandy..." she mumbled to herself, taking in her surroundings. The bodies, the smoke, and the smell. Oh god, the smell. She gagged on the horrid scent of ozone, it reminding her of quite a few battlefields she lost people to. It quickly reminded her of her hatred of the supernatural, of all the lives taken by them. With the ringing in her ears, she had barely heard the mage speak, not noticing the strange behavior two of her teammates were exhibiting until they hit the barrier.

After gathering her bearings, she pushed Asher aside and yelled "Move!" as she doused the skeletal creature's face in her whiskey and punched in the direction of him, letting out a fire blast to set it alight, as well as taking the position of protecting Lethe
[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#1B1515; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #f3c662; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #1B1515; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

[div class="Img Head"]
[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: N/A
Mentioned: Lemercer Lemercer ZacksQuest ZacksQuest Nastarial Nastarial GumGumChomp GumGumChomp
Located: Greece, Ground Zero

Inventory: €200; Rapier; Pocketwatch; Herbal Nerve Toxin.
[/div]
ARTUR DEMETRESCU
"Death is only the beginning."

They stepped through the rift, Artur momentarily disorientated by the magical mode of transportation before he noted his hold on Lethe and managed to pull himself down to Earth rather quickly with the mission at stake. Pale palm wrapped around Lethe's smaller in a returned tight grasp; not painful but secure. She let go first, Art following suit. As the Italian, or otherwise Southern European mage spoke up and gave a quick rundown of the situation, the Revenant reached for his weapon. The rapier came easy to him, a sturdy military thing which had seen it's fair share of blood spilt. Blades would never quite be replaced by the bullet, but bullets had always been too impersonal when causing another's demise. For that lasting chivalrious, if not cocked view of war, he believed it was still a weapon of honour. If he even had any honour left.

The Revenant twisted about when the mage pointed to their teammates however, juddering and seizing like puppets with tangled strings. Attacks came in series, with Asher's barriers offering initial protection, then the mage and her spells causing the arcane presence to thicken. Holyfire made him bear his teeth, the assault on their friends was immediate and without hesitation. Of course, they didn't know one another but the unaffected members had spoken. A collective judge, jury, and executioner. He supposed it was his turn to offer aid, interrupted from dashing forward by Mara emerging from the portal. Her immediate reaction to protect the small mage, who by his standards from the magic she'd cast, were enough to grant her his confidence. Still, it was a promise he'd made to be a vanguard. The potion she'd given him heavy in his pocket, but it was to be saved until needed. Alas, Artur had forgotten to thank her properly for the gift and made note to when the battle had calmed.

With Mara's efforts focused on Miles, he leapt toward Anastasia practically vaulting the barrier of holy flame and driving the rapier upwards in a horizontal slash, nave to chops, before twisting about when he caught his landing on two feet, coming around to flank the gorgon with another jab aimed to pierce between the ribs. If anything, he would try and reason with them. "Anastasia!" Miles was burning. "Anastasia --" They were still teammates, no matter how short their time together as a group had been. Just what had happened to drive them to the edge? Or rather, sent them into an unresponsive frenzy. It was no mortal that could've done it, nor no coincidence. God be with the poor sinners.

Last edited:
Hailey
--------------------------

Hailey inwardly roared in rage when the director interrupted her meal. There was a legend around the Mage's Association, that the last human that interrupted her sweets time never saw the light of day again, but those were just rumors, of course.

She stood and took the half-finished cup and walked towards the rendezvous point. Although she was well acclimated to every and all environments, she still hated the cold. She entered the portal and suddenly felt a slightly bit nauseous. It wasn't morning sickness, but the sudden influx of magical tension in the air. She instinctively dove behind a rock and made herself as small as possible as the battle raged on around her.

"Magical Concentration is at 2 millimeters per cubic centimeter. Too high for normal humans. Taking control of local Ley Lines." She made the last part louder.

"Trace."

She found the Ley Lines with her fingertips and blue form energy pulsed from her and into the ground. The Ley Lines surrounded the entire field, and started pulsating in lightning like bursts. Slowly, but slowly increasing in speed, the magical potency dropped.

"Ley Lines secured. Providing support. Trace, Form."

Hailey's hands started to form a distinct shape, and it hardened into a 350lb bow. She plucked the string, drawing it back. A blue shape in the indistinguishable shape of an arrow appeared on her fingertips.

"Take Cover. This is a scatter shot."

True to her word, as she let the string go, the blue shape multiplied tenfold, then tenfold once more, then tenfold again.

"Die for interrupting my Ice Cream!"

Quel'xavuatl

Inventory: Quicksilver Suit, Arm Utilities, Smoke Bombs, Tyrant's Breath

Quell was not in the least bit pleased to have been pushed through the portal, even by a friendly face like Asher's. Still, Q would have to get used to the portals sometime, and there was no time currently to sit around and wait for him to force himself through. Stepping out from the magic rift into the smoking warzone, his fight-or-flight instincts kicked in. Kobolds are notoriously skittish, and Q was no exception. Noise, smoke, thunder, destruction all around him, his reptilian eyes dilated to allow more light and information to enter his senses. The Greek mage's words were garbled in Quell's ears, filtering out only the most important tidbits.

Battle, three blocks out, two gone, one here. Kill.

When the two allies behind them twisted and turned on the team, he was already more than ready to defend himself.

Arcane power gushed and poured from Quell's eyes like tears of glowing azure blood, his mystic druid tattoos flaring light through the mesh of his field suit. The power flowed down his arms and across his hands, thick black fur blossoming across his scales. Massive raking, scythe-like claws curved wickedly from beneath the fur, as large as butcher knives and razor sharp. The muscles in the kobold's hands tensed as he flexed his new weapons.

latest

"Nail them down! I'll handle the gorgon with Artur!" he snarled, dashing out from behind Asher's blazing shield as Q's suit powered on, the glamours and refraction circuits working in tandem to cloak the kobold in near-complete invisibility. He maneuvered around behind the gorgon as Artur brandished his sword with masterful precision, striking at Anastasia's weak points - namely, her underbelly. It was a vulnerability that most reptilian folk shared, kobolds included. However, the gorgon's head snakes were making it difficult to execute a...well, an execution. They twisted in all directions, offering their twisted comrade an effective 360-degree view of her surroundings.

Quell made a gamble, aware that as a duelist, Artur would be struggling to avoid eye contact with the gorgon. Her petrifying gaze would likely be only partially effective on a revenant, but Q wasn't willing to take that chance. He struck from behind and to the left, at an angle his instincts told him the gorgon would likely not predict. He emerged from stealth with a ferocious shriek, a harsh cry like a high-pitched roar of a dragon. His right arm, no longer mechanical but instead transfigured into a mass of fur, muscle, and blades, lashed out and buried its claws deep in the gorgon's lower back. It hurt him to be fighting life-or-death against a fellow outcast, more so one of their teammates, but kobolds were not known for dying of old age, and Q was sure as hell not getting killed on his first day.

[class=Background] height: 550px; overflow: auto; min-width: 325px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/gplay.png); margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; width: 100%; max-width: 900px; [/class] [class=BackBox] border-radius: 15px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/ag-square.png); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255, 0.25); margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 90%; max-width: 825px; height: 85%; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=Box] width: 90%; border-radius: 1px; border: 1px solid #bfbfbf; background-color: White; color: gray; margin: auto; margin-top: 30px; height: 400px; font-size: 14px; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: justify; font-family: Lato; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=Subtitle] box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 1px; margin: 10px 0px; text-align: center; color: #808080; font-family: Roboto Slab; [/class] [class=SideBy] display: inline-block; vertical-align: top; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=BottomBorder] background-color: White; height: 2px; width: 76%; margin: auto; [/class] [class=SideBorder] height: 375px; margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 2px; background-color: White; opacity: 0.6; [/class] [class=HiddenScroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; overflow-y: scroll; height: 100%; color: gray; text-align: justify; opacity: 0.9; font-family: Lato;] [/class] [class=Icon] background:url(https://i.imgur.com/EVJtvXJ.jpg); position: relative; background-size: 100px 100px; height: 100px; max-width: 100px; margin: auto; [/class]
[div class=SideBy style="width: 19%;"][div class=Box style="height: 125px; max-width: 125px; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; margin-top: 50px;"][div class=Icon][/div][/div][div class=Box style="background-color: transparent; font-size: 20px; overflow: hidden; height: 30px; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; padding: 0px; letter-spacing: -1px; margin-top: 10px; opacity: 0.6; border: none;"]K.P.[/div][div class=Box style="margin: auto; height: 185px; margin-top: 10px; width: 90%; max-width: 150px; font-size: 12px; word-spacing: -1px; padding: 4px; padding-top: 10px; overflow: hidden;"][div class=HiddenScroll style="margin-left: 10px;"]

Mood: Shocked

Possessions: Mable, Mark I Mark, Poppa, Shotgun
K.P. stepped though the portal expecting a warzone on the otherside. After the feeling of nausea and disorientation had passed she looked around. She was not expecting to see two of her teamates convulsing and writing behind her. As the others crossed over it was clear that her teammates inteneded them harm.

The others were quick to act and seemed to be holding their own. K.P. went straight for the Italian Mage. Lowering her shotgun she began to push him in the direction of the building he described as safe.

"I think they can handle this but we need to talk!" Once behind the crumbling wall of the building, she gave the mage a look over. "What the fuck is going on, what would make them turn like that? Maybe, it has something to do with the fact that I could taste the magic in this city as soon as we stepped through the portal!"

Peeking back around the corner K.P. readdressed the mage, "That one, is a gorgon and the other is some kind of boogie monster, the creepy pasta kind. What happened to them and I don't want to hear I don't know? What I do want to hear is answers and why this may be linked with your own monster problem!'

Thessaloniki, Greece

After the first lunge, the flaming barriers put an immediate stop to them. They rebounded off the magical surface and skidded backwards a few feet. Before the two beasts could resume their frenzied charge, the ground underneath the gorgon's feet became something like a blackened soup, the muck pulling at her feet every time she took a step forward. The large skeletal figure, however, began clawing at its head frantically and pounding its feet into the ground at a simple phrase from the surprisingly active Lethe. The spell may have been temporary enough for the beast to resume his lunge, but Mara, emerging from the portal, doused the frenzied beast's head in whiskey and sent a fire blast at it. The combustion from the whiskey set the head and shoulders alight with licking flames a foot high. The shadows acting as sinews for the skull dissipated, and the skull fell backwards from atop the rest of the skeleton and shattered. The hulking beast fell down and lay still.

The tall revenant then swiftly vaulted over Asher's flames, too confident and energized by the heat of battle to care about his distaste for holy fire, and swept his rapier upwards vivisecting the gorgon. The gorgon lunged towards Artur, attempting to meet his gaze and render him paralyzed, but her feet and now some of her innards were caught in the roiling pit of muck and she lost her balance. However, with his lunge and slash Artur had also become entangled in the unstable patch of earth, and he aimed his last jab after flanking behind the gorgon towards where her ribs used to be- the thrust end of the sword now pushed through empty air- so she made a last ditch effort to re-right herself and take her former teammate down with her. She never had the chance to, because her head swiveled in the direction of a previously unseen attack. Howling with anger and a tinge of fear, the kobold emerged from cloaking and hit her in the side with a frenzied array of claws coming from a mass of flesh and fur. She shrieked and clutched herself.

She was nearing death but her eyes, if she looked directly into the gaze of anyone, could still spell intense danger. That possibility ended almost right then and there. The Italian mage, from his already handy cover with Kali, screamed "Get down!" at the remaining teammates. Mara dove and covered Lethe, shielding her with her body. Art made a desperate dive, cleared the pit of muck, and landed face down on the ground. Ash's shields dissipated and he too dove for the ground. Quell used his kobold's reflexes to race behind the corner of the building opposite the Italian mage and Kali. Then Hailey unleashed a thousand thin slivers of piercing blue light, and once more in puppetlike motions, Anastasia jerked and twisted- this time it was like someone getting downed by a gatling gun. Pieces twisted off her body, her eyes as well as various parts of her face were pierced by the arrows, and one of her arms was blown off by the sheer power of the scattered shots. She went down in a ragged heap as the remaining arrows hit the already crumbling wall across the way, cracking the face of the building even more. A large chunk of wall fell down, exposing an entire room as concrete and plaster hit earth.

The Italian mage poked his head around the corner, blinking. "Ohhh shit. Ohh fuck. La Familia Siciliana is gonna have to fork over so much in repairs. Did you really have to-" For a moment, he eyed the elegant young woman who just machinegunned the remaining frenzied teammate into nothingness. Then his eyes widened, and he kept his head politely down. "Apologies, signora. I'll hold my tongue"

He then turned back to Kali. "As for what just made your friends go apeshit? It's not the magic, that's just every mage in Greece and every Mediterranean adjunct in the area trying their best to keep Mama Thessalonika from getting its population halved. No, I have three guesses, and all three of 'em are the fucking noise in the air. According to the local guild, the noise began half an hour before the three bastardes showed back up for their killing spree, and the frenzy of the monsters just trying to live their normal lives only a couple minutes before and the massacre and cleanup that came after probably put this city's monster relations back the whole forty years. As to where it's coming from, I have no clue on that. Could be a loudspeaker system, could be from a source in one of these buildings. Couldn't figure it out if we tried, the mages in our neck of the woods are all healers or elemental mages. Tracking's never been our strong suit. But the bullshit's apparently been happening for at least five hours before the attack. Once this last fucker either leaves with its tail between its legs or its legs chopped off, you may wanna go to La Polizia near here, or the Guild. They might fill you in a little more." He had a realization at that moment, and eyed up the kobold who was still prone against the wall of the opposite building, "Hey, draconian. Why the hell you not getting messed up by the noise like everyone else? You wearing ear plugs or some-" For the second time in a row, he stopped mid-sentence.

The noise of the fight, since the frenzied attack of their two now-deceased team members, had caused the background noise of battle to fade far from any conscious recognition. So, for a moment, it was only a mere curiosity how the thumps seemed to come a lot faster than they used to until they began to get a lot louder. The Italian mage stepped back as he saw a large, hulking figure bounding as if on springs towards the Intervention team. It had four large, drooping arms- two on each side- lined with razor talons but otherwise were akin to a dingo or jackal. The haunces, torso, and feet were all akin to a kangaroo, if a little spinier and with more coarse, wolf-like fur than a common marsupial. What really grabbed the attention was the beast's head. It was entirely humanoid, bald, with melted looking ears and a drooped, withered face. The eyes had no lids, just piercing spherical eyeballs with pinpoint pupils. The jaw hung down like an anaconda and was filled with razor-sharp teeth. It was about two blocks away, and the size of the beast was apparent even then- it was easily two stories tall.

"Oh fuck," said the mage. Apt words, and quick words, because in two more lunges the beast would be on them all.

CHARACTERS: | LOCATION: Thessaloniki | CURRENT ACTION: Anticipating the Beast's Arrival | IMPORTANT NOTES: Anastasia and Miles are dead. The thing causing the animals and monsters to go berserk is most likely the sound. The source of the sound and the monsters must have been in the city before the sound started or the monsters arrived and more may be found out by going to the police and the mage guild later. The creature has a fondness for hopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back