• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Infernal Intervention

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The Director's face was blanched white in the moments following his transmission with a small convening of council members. Perhaps, he thought, the number seven was not quite so lucky. He fought to swallow air, and took some time to reign in the control of his shaking hands. The sombre faces of the convened councilmen, whose numbers included the likes of the archangel Sandalphon, the Immortal Zhang Guo Lao, and Apollo, the acting leader of the Olympians. All were among the most experienced, capable, level-headed leaders the Titan had met in a long time, and even his normally controlled contemporaries could not find the proper words or make any promises that the organization would continue to be fine.

He heard the door open and close again at some point after the transmission had stopped and he was left alone to his own personal thoughts, and instead of the hesitant enthusiasm he held prior, he only felt a sinking weight that his years as a battle-hardened general had never caused him to feel. It was the softness he had acquired in his age, and the close ties he formed with each member of each team, that caused his heart to swell to bursting and then finally burst.

He took a look at his watch and saw the time was 2:51. He didn't realize that much time had passed since he left the sitting room. How long was it since the council members had called him? Ten minutes? Twenty? Carried away by his own thoughts, he had lost all sense of time.

He composed himself until he was satisfied that none of the arrivals would be able to see the concern in his eyes or the worry that tightened his lips. After making some final calls to make sure all the remaining teammates were en route and fishing out their case files as well, he headed out of the briefing room, through the hallway, and into the sitting room.

He saw that the arrivals had all assembled and were in the midst of conversation, with many of the team members who had already situated themselves introducing themselves to the young woman who, according to his case files, was the woman known as Anastasia Vembo recommended to join the team by the Olympians, and he noted he needed to formally introduce himself to both her and the young woman who he could identify as Kalliope. Seeing the majority of them assembled together and, just as the Chief had said, beginning to bond with each other pained him.

"Everybody, as soon as you're unpacked feel free to head to the briefing room. I'm going to wait out here for the last few people who are supposed to arrive. Anyone who hasn't seen me yet and has questions about anything, please talk to me." He set the packets he carried into the room down on the table and, with a stony exterior, set himself down into a chair to watch for the rest of the team.

Hailey
----------------------------------------------
Hailey draped her cloak around herself to combat the changing winds that seemed to hone in on her everywhere she went. She kept her eyes open, but kept her head down.

The Holy Church was a benefactor of the Mage's Association, yet by no coincidence, it was where most violations against the sanctity and secrecy of magic happened. Therefore it was a hotspot of revelation.

With a final tug of her cloak, she hid behind a wall near St. Peter's Basilica. With herself hidden, she touched the ground with her fingertips, and focused.

"Trace."

Her masculine voice did well to hide her gender most of the time. She breathed in and out as her energy travelled the wideness of Rome, and the countless Ley Lines that converged, diverged, twisted and turned, until she found a distortion.

"Found it. Trace, Form."

This time, she held out her hands as Ley Lines formed from her palm, taking a distinct shape, then slowly forming a blueprint.

"Recreating core materials, fusing atomic bonds, preserving internal and external features..."

With a final glow, the lines disappeared, leaving a small motorcycle in its wake. She started the motor until she heard the satisfying hum of mechanical model. Twisting the throttle, she rode towards the distortion.

----------------------------------------
The distortion itself was barely perceivable, which impressed Hailey, and that in itself is quite a feat. The Ley Lines around it subtly curved, and returned to their usual path. Any mage less skilled than the Mellois at Projection would never even notice it until they walked right through it.

Still, she covered her face and body. She wanted to preserve her identity, and if possible her gender, to everyone. But she knew that was out of the question either way. She liked the thought of being mysterious though. With a final breath, she walked through the gateway.
----------------------------------------

Breathing in the slightly different air, she looked around and saw that many other people, if they were people at all, were already there. Which means she was fashionably late, and hopefully did not need to socialize.

She chose a quiet spot in the corner and opened her Grimoire, which emanated a mix of malice and what would be called goodwill. It wasn't a Grimoire in which you read, but rather in which you write. Like most mages, she wanted the thought of immortality, and infusing a piece of her in this Grimoire would definitely give her a taste of it.

Though the other purpose of it was to chronicle unique spells she knew, so that the knowledge is never lost.

She eyed the director. She kept a close eye and ear on him. After all, he's the only one she would listen to willingly, only for the reason that he was the boss.

Quel'xavuatl of the Totzimoc Brood

Items: See 'Field Equipment' in bio.
Wearing that --->

Interacting w/: a seemingly empty room

image_68377962-754c-4294-a51b-b54ce6d65002_grande_Cropped.jpg

Quell was not a natural-born endurance runner by any means. Kobolds were typically sprinters, most effective when ambushing or attacking from stealth, but even though his lungs heaved with fatigue, he was mortified of the thought of being late on his first day. His leather-wrapped feet beat against the pavement as he dashed around Villa Nueva looking for this supposed rift...not that he was particularly excited about leaping into it. He had been visiting his old home, Tegucigalpa, and could have easily accepted the generous offer of the Treeshapers to teleport him to Toronto in order to find the portal there, but Q was filled with enough anxiety today about just having to jump through ONE spiraling magical gate of pain and death, never mind TWO. He decided instead to set out early and make his way across the border to Guatemala and find the rift in Villa Nueva.

He was a little behind schedule.

A thirteenth quick glance at his watch did little to ease his panic. Master Tannen had always said that time was the most valuable commodity, and it would certainly not give a good first impression to keep his new coworkers waiting. The kobold clutched his heaving chest and took a moment to let himself regain his composure. "It's just a test. Find a little rift. Of course it's hidden somewhere, they wouldn't just leave it lying around where any old person could walk in," Q sighed. He looked down at the twisting, snakelike patterns imprinted on his scales. He had hoped that he would be able to track it down without using magic, but clearly that wasn't going to be the case.

Focusing the primal energy of the arcane ink lining his scales, Quell focused and tried to release the energy slowly, scanning through the magic filling the environment to try to sense a place where there was none, like a hidden void draining out to somewhere else. He was never particularly talented at sensing auras, or even magic in general, for that matter, but the Master Tannen insisted that he at least grasp the basics of the various schools. 'Learning the concepts is more important than the applications', murmured Quell, mimicking his old mentor. And then, suddenly, he found it. Conveniently, it wasn't actually too far from where he was. He'd have to cut across a few streets and through a couple alleys, but that wasn't anything he wasn't used to by now. He found it more convenient to take the seedy shortcuts rather than use the sidewalk and risk a confrontation with dragon-haters or a barrage of racist lizard-based jokes.

Once he reached the hidden rift after a short journey across a few streets and behind some buildings, however, he began to have second thoughts.

The portal loomed before him like a grim arbiter from his past, a cruel reminder that he couldn't outrun his mistakes and shortcomings. It spun slowly, and hummed softly as it patiently waited for Quell to make up his mind. The kobold stood frozen with fear, cursing himself for his cowardice but also cursing the fact that he needed to enter this portal in the next fifteen minutes or be out of a job. His claw reached slowly into the hefty pack he carried with him, careful not to set off any of the smoke bombs or Tyrant's Breath canisters, retrieving a small tablet-shaped scanner that he had put together long ago in the off chance that he would encounter this scenario again. Quell adjusted a few setting and calibrated the device, then waited anxiously as it analyzed the mystical anomaly in front of him. After a moment, it made a boop to indicate that it was finished, then read its findings aloud.

"ANALYSIS COMPLETE. ANOMALY IS A CLASS-5 RIFT, STABLE. NO AUXILIARY ENERGY SIGNATURES DETECTED. NO INFERNAL PRESENCES DETECTED. NO GLAMOURS DETECTED. NO CONSECRATIONS DETECTED."

Quell sighed. The machine wouldn't lie, but it still felt like leaping into the gaping maw of a werewolf. He glanced at his watch. Five minutes.

"Xbalanque, protect me," he sighed, taking a deep breath and leaping into the open rift. He landed in front of a set of clean and professional double doors, and was suddenly reminded that he needed to make a good first impression. He slung his black knapsack over his shoulder, straightening his travel cloak and re-tying the black leather wrapping his feet. Unfortunately, kobold shoes did not exist, and Quell had been forced instead to teach himself how to wrap leather around his clawed feet in order to protect his scaled soles from wear and tear. The Quicksilver suit covered them, but it certainly wasn't worth sacrificing his subtlety in public in exchange for slightly less sore feet. Quell wouldn't trade his subtlety for anything. Checking himself over once more, he exhaled and pushed open the doors to find...

...an empty meeting room.

Oh dear, sweet Chaac, I'm not THAT late, am I? Quell entered the room, perplexed and worried that perhaps the others had left early without him, and then he noticed a stack of three separate file folders laying out on a table in the center of the room.

"Hello?"

Only suddenly Quell realized that the room was far from empty. An official-looking man sat patiently in a chair across the table, and a mysterious hooded figure scribbled away in a grimoire in the corner. He turned his attention to whom he assumed was his new boss, immediately embarrassed that he had failed to notice someone who was right in front of him.

"Oh, gods, I'm so sorry, I didn't notice that you were sitting there, I thought I was late or something, and I had to hitchhike all the way across the Guatemalan border to get to Villa Nueva, and then it took longer because, well, I had some trouble with the portal, just, y'know, I haven't had the best experiences with portals in the past, and then I walked in and thought it was empty, so of course I gotta..."

Quel'xavuatl realized that he had begun to ramble, and decided to shut his snout and tried being more professional.

"Sir, my name is Quel'xavuatl of the Totzimoc Brood, and I'm here to...well, offer my skills. I, er, had a recommendation from Zelig Tannen, the esteemed Treeshaper artificer, and well, my, uh, mentor..."

Abort. Abort mission. Cease talking. Cease embarrassing yourself. Cease.

Last edited:
[class=Background] height: 550px; overflow: auto; min-width: 325px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/axiom-pattern.png); margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; width: 100%; max-width: 900px; [/class] [class=BackBox] border-radius: 15px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/black-thread-light.png); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255, 0.5); margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 90%; max-width: 825px; height: 85%; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=Box] width: 90%; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #bfbfbf; background-color: White; color: gray; margin: auto; margin-top: 30px; height: 400px; font-size: 14px; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: justify; font-family: Lato; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=Subtitle] box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 18px; margin: 10px 0px; text-align: center; color: #808080; font-family: Roboto Slab; [/class] [class=SideBy] display: inline-block; vertical-align: top; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=BottomBorder] background-color: White; height: 2px; width: 76%; margin: auto; [/class] [class=SideBorder] height: 375px; margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 2px; background-color: White; opacity: 0.6; [/class] [class=HiddenScroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; overflow-y: scroll; height: 100%; color: gray; text-align: justify; opacity: 0.9; font-family: Lato;] [/class] [class=Icon] background:url(https://i.imgur.com/EVJtvXJ.jpg); position: relative; background-size: 100px 100px; height: 100px; max-width: 100px; margin: auto; [/class]
[div class=Background style="margin-top: -20px;"][div class=BackBox][div class=SideBy style="width: 3%;"]
[div class=SideBy style="width: 19%;"][div class=Box style="height: 125px; max-width: 125px; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; margin-top: 50px;"][div class=Icon][/div][/div][div class=Box style="background-color: transparent; font-size: 20px; overflow: hidden; height: 30px; text-align: center; color: #000008; padding: 0px; letter-spacing: -1px; margin-top: 10px; opacity: 0.6; border: none;"]Kaliope[/div][div class=Box style="margin: auto; height: 185px; margin-top: 10px; width: 90%; max-width: 150px; font-size: 12px; word-spacing: -1px; padding: 4px; padding-top: 10px; overflow: hidden;"][div class=HiddenScroll style="margin-left: 6px;"]Location:IIFC HQ

Mood: Ecstatic

Possessions: The power of Positive Thought

Interacting With: idalie idalie Nastarial Nastarial Lemercer Lemercer GumGumChomp GumGumChomp
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Snek Snek

[/div][/div][/div][div class=SideBy style="width: 1%;"][div class=SideBorder style="margin-left: 13px;"][/div][/div][div class=SideBy style="width: 77%;"][div class=Box style="overflow: hidden; padding-left: 20px;"][div class=HiddenScroll]
Kaliope leaned back in her seat taking a moment to relax before she sat up and and looked around the room. “So, down to business? Shall we go around the table or…” Kaliope pause and looked over to the Director. “Apologies, your show Director. I’ll follow your lead.”

Kaliope shrunk back into her seat. There was so much excitement about what is to come that it was no surprise that it practically exploded from her. Regaining her composure she sat back up in her seat and resumed her professional demeanor. Though under the table her tapping foot would give her excitement away.

This is it, this is the beginning and she can’t wait for the pages to start turning in this chapter in her life. She just hoped it would be all she dreamt of since she heard about the IIFC and the possibility for her woking with them.
[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div][/div]

The Director was mildly surprised at the sudden arrival of not one but two team members within moments of each other. He quickly set out to work, handing out dossiers to the three newcomers, giving words of encouragement and, in as rapid a pace as he expected to still be understood, briefly pointed out the room layout of the building. To the younger Gorgon who, even at this point stood affixed with confusion and a loss for words, he gave her a respectful bowand said, "You can speak to me if you ever feel like you don't belong or need someone to talk to. I too was hated by the Olympian gods for millennia and I find that Olympus's new management under Apollo is far more merciful and sensible than the group ever was under Zeus and Hera." To the hooded figure perusing her Grimoire, he handed her the case file with her name and history for her to conceal and said to her, "Thank you for joining our team, it is a privilege to have esteemed company with us. The High Merlin said you were the most highly commended along your peers for the swift apprehension of black magic users." Finally, to the kobold, still visibly fatigued from what must have been an extensive marathon, he shook his organic hand vigorously, noting the claw-shaped tattoos laboriously scrawled onto his emerald scales and said, "It's okay, I understand you perfectly. Welcome aboard the team. Old Keeper Tannen still specializing in conjuring spirit animals, I see."

After he finished talking to Quell, Kalliope spoke up, clearly more out of the clear excitement she was brimming with than out of any impatience she might have. The Director looked around the room, noting that everyone who had entered through those doors was present, lounging and clearly anticipating the mission. A morbid thought, one that caused a shiver a bit too visible to run down his spine, crossed his mind and he had to fight to dismiss it. He coughed politely and then began to intone, "No, I think in this case your suggestion is very much welcomed. A team with as many different origins and levels of experience as this one needs to be open to work at its fullest. A few of you have talked briefly, but now we should all introduce ourselves formally, and then after that we're going to get down to business and discuss our first mission."

The Director gestured to himself, "I am The Director of Infernal Operations here at the Infernal Intervention Compound. I organize and oversee the formation of teams and assist in the planning of missions, in addition to my diplomatic duties for the organization. I'm also assigned to supervise over Team Ezec during its development stages. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, come to me. If there are any disputes that threaten the trust of the team, I will be called in to intervene. I've had forty years of on-the-job experience as the Director, and before that you could say I had a long military campaign as a General." He smiled amicably and then held his hands out to the group. "Alright, now someone else introduce themselves."

[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Desktop base" style="color:black;"]
[div class="Current ImagButton" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Currently
[div class="Image ImagButton hidden" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Image[/div]

[div class="Img Head"]
tumblr_pa2resuKC71rlx2ggo1_540.png
[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: ZacksQuest ZacksQuest VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow Snek Snek MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter Nastarial Nastarial GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Lemercer Lemercer @(everyone in the briefing room)
Mentioned: N/A
Located: Ezac Base

Inventory: €200; Rapier; Pocketwatch
[/div]
ARTUR DEMETRESCU

At last, the call for briefing. It sounded far better than standing around trying to pull information from one another through disastrous small-talk. Artur clapped his hands, rubbing them together as he turned on heel. "Right," The revenant muttered and began to stride on down the length of the hall to find their meeting room. Once entering, he was at last able to properly observe the two tardier members. A woman holding a grimoire to the corner, and a ... a lizard? He'd heard of the humanoid creatures, but he'd never quite gone out of his way to meet one. Interesting to say the least, it brought up a curiosity as to whether or not the young man was drastically different from an actual reptile, or whether someone would have to deal with live crickets hopping all over the place. Artur had known someone who kept rare species of reptiles for a living, and it was safe to say, he wasn't a fan of the bugs getting out. For a man who had been to hell and back, in every sense, insects remained as foul as ever.

Demetrescu found himself a seat, settling in at the table to glance over at Kaliope, the human girl radiating enthusiasm for the briefing which was endearing, to say the least. He couldn't quite say the same for it. Nevertheless, Artur put both his palms on the tabletop as the Director opened up the floor for everyone else's introductions. Pushing himself to his feet a second time, he leant forward, "My name is Artur Demetrescu, once Boyar to Vlad Tepes, now Revenant due to my premature demise. I've attended courts all over the globe, studied language and literature, besides having a military record for fighting as a conscript and freely joining of my own accord up until 1945. I've been involved in stealth operations since the Cold War and I do, have arcane skills which reflect both inherent traits of black magic and espionage. It's an honour to be working with you all and I look forward to our first mission."

The revenant promptly sat down, beckoning someone else to take his place in the introductions. Alas, he'd got his over and done with, which was all he could really hope for. The remaining question was whether or not the others would be kind to his affliction. He supposed in contrast with the snake on legs, or whatever the English was for that again, he would easily be able to avoid attention. He was still human after all, just one who suffered the bad luck of being currently deceased.

[/div] Code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith [/div]

Last edited:
[class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [class=Button] background-color: #102f7e; color: White; text-align:center; padding:5px; width:100%; [/class] [class name=ButtonClick] background-color: #081b4d; color: Silver; text-align:center; padding: 5px; width:100%; [/class] [class name=Button state=hover] background-color: #081b4d; cursor:pointer; color:white; [/class] [script class=Button on=click] removeClass ButtonClick Button addClass ButtonClick set link (getText) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (show Stats) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (show Eq) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (hide CR) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (hide Stats) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (hide Eq) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (show CR) [/script]

[div class="Button CR"]
Asher Salah
[/div] [div class="Button Eq hidden"]
Status
[/div] [div class=Tags style="font-family: times new roman; Font-size: 85%;Text-align:center;"]

Interacting:
idalie idalie , VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow , Nastarial Nastarial , ZacksQuest ZacksQuest , ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki , Snek Snek , MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter

Located:
Team Ezac Base [/div] [div class="Stats hidden" style="font-family: times new roman; Font-size: 85%;Text-align:center;"]

inventory
107$
kukri blade
jawbone blade
[/div]
Within moments two more team members stood before him, and the arrivals seemed to keep getting stranger. Asher yearned for the opportunity to experience new things and soak in the various earthly things he had missed throughout the arduous years at Machaneh. However, despite his hunger for discovery Asher was by no means ready to meet a pale, giant man, a woman constructed of snakes, a talking man-lizard, a gargantuan woman of immense bitterness, and two people with surprisingly powerful magical auras. Then of course there was Kalliope, a seemingly normal human save for her unnatural exuberance. Beyond that, the fact remained, the past hour had given Asher an influx of happenings and people to mull over. However his stunned thought was broken by the Director's instruction. The briefing time had arrived, but had it really been an hour? Had the meaningless small talk and various scattered thoughts made the time go that much faster? He didn't have the time to think about it, he had already wasted time processing too much.

Soon after the Director's instructions and introductions, Kalliope piped up, insisting the group make formal introductions. Artur rose to the occasion and spoke of his various accomplishments, and state of being, well, dead. Which made a surprising amount of sense. The repulsion of the initial meeting, His paper white skin, his odd aura. The flame of El Elyon must have not quite liked him. After all, the torah expressly tells the priests of the tribe of Levi to never go near a dead body. Considering there would be no higher priest than a God of the Semitic Pantheon, of course there would have been a physical manifestation of Shaddai's words. In that moment Asher decided, If the power of Elyon would repel him from this man, he would try that much harder to befriend him.

Following Artur's example in stride he stood from his seat, rubbed the back of his shaved had and spoke. "My name is Asher Salah, Harbinger of El Elyon, son of Leon Shaddai. I suppose I have extensive combat training and deep knowledge of the Semitic Magics." Asher paused, the bitterness with which he said Elyon's name still creeping on the tip of his tongue. "I will try to support my team, and protect them as much as I possibly can..."

He sat back down, stealing a sharp look at the director sitting not but a few feet away from him before looking back to his comrades. He was glad to have gotten the introduction over, and hoped that his peers would not look to far into the details of his powers. All he wished to happen from now on would be to learn more about Sandalphon, and protect his teammates with the power he had.

creds AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait][/div][div class=statusText]Location: The Meeting Room

Sobriety: Completely Sober (for now)

Mood: Anti-Demon

Items: Twin Pistols

Interacting With: idalie idalie Lemercer Lemercer ZacksQuest ZacksQuest

% Gay for Lethe

[/div][/div][div class=title]Mara[/div][div class=text]Mara only got more flustered as Lethe apparently didn't know what Mara was talking about. "Uhhh... nevermind." she said, coughing awkwardly. "It's nice to meet you Lethe." With that and a small bow, she walked off to retrieve her guns. After all, the briefing was about to start, and awkwardly leaving to go to her room would be counterproductive. Her pistols holstered to her waist, she walked back to the sitting room just as the director did. "Ugh, does that woman think this a game? Calm the hell down..." she mumbled.

Since she had nothing better to do at the moment, she headed straight to the meeting room, not meeting the other two that had walked in. She took a seat as far from Art as possible and stayed mostly silent as the first few introductions rolled in. 'Military experience... good to know. He's a higher rank than I ever was. Makes sense, I suppose, he does give off that sort of vibe.' she thought as the director spoke, but other than the bit of respect for the general title, she didn't have many thoughts about him.

The first one she really paid attention to was Artur's introduction. She squinted at Art as he talked, taking everything he said and storing it away into things to use against him. Well, him being a revenant certainly explained the strange aura coming from him. The black magic was also something she was quite adverse to. As he talked, her hatred for him only grew more and more. 'I am not sharing a room with that... thing.'

She didn't think much of the next introduction, just filing Asher's name and title away in her mind, although she hoped that someone so religious to be a harbinger would share her hatred for revenants. If she could get him on board to kick Artur out of the group, she would have a much higher chance of succeeding.

Mara decided to get her introduction over with, rising up for her first words to most of them. "I am Mara Answorth. I was an officer in the army, but that was boring, so I became a mercenary instead. If you need someone to beat someone else up, I'm the one to turn to. That's all you need to know about me. Now then, I know this not an introduction, but I have something important to say: Should we really have a revenant in our group? I mean, they're monsters by every use of the word. It's just not natural. How do we know that he's not working with some demon to bring us down? Or that he won't kill us all in his sleep for our blood? Or if he sees other revenants on a mission, he'll side with them and kill us? I don't think it's worth the risk." she stated, getting up and walking around the table.

"Have any of you met a revenant that hasn't been aggressive? I certainly haven't. Asher, you're a harbinger of a god, don't you agree that demons ought to be exorcised? What makes this one any different?" she asked him, clearly thinking that he'd agree. "After all, isn't it our job to exterminate evil? What greater evil is there than a demon? Why would you keep a demon on a team like this, Director? That's just poor planning, is it not?"
[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#1B1515; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #f3c662; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #1B1515; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

[class=Background] height: 550px; overflow: auto; min-width: 325px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/axiom-pattern.png); margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; width: 100%; max-width: 900px; [/class] [class=BackBox] border-radius: 15px; background:url(https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/black-thread-light.png); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255, 0.5); margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 90%; max-width: 825px; height: 85%; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=Box] width: 90%; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #bfbfbf; background-color: White; color: gray; margin: auto; margin-top: 30px; height: 400px; font-size: 14px; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: justify; font-family: Lato; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=Subtitle] box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 18px; margin: 10px 0px; text-align: center; color: #808080; font-family: Roboto Slab; [/class] [class=SideBy] display: inline-block; vertical-align: top; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=BottomBorder] background-color: White; height: 2px; width: 76%; margin: auto; [/class] [class=SideBorder] height: 375px; margin: auto; margin-top: 45px; width: 2px; background-color: White; opacity: 0.6; [/class] [class=HiddenScroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; overflow-y: scroll; height: 100%; color: gray; text-align: justify; opacity: 0.9; font-family: Lato;] [/class] [class=Icon] background:url(https://i.imgur.com/EVJtvXJ.jpg); position: relative; background-size: 100px 100px; height: 100px; max-width: 100px; margin: auto; [/class]
[div class=Background style="margin-top: -20px;"][div class=BackBox][div class=SideBy style="width: 3%;"]
[div class=SideBy style="width: 19%;"][div class=Box style="height: 125px; max-width: 125px; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; margin-top: 50px;"][div class=Icon][/div][/div][div class=Box style="background-color: transparent; font-size: 20px; overflow: hidden; height: 30px; text-align: center; color: #000008; padding: 0px; letter-spacing: -1px; margin-top: 10px; opacity: 0.6; border: none;"]Kaliope[/div][div class=Box style="margin: auto; height: 185px; margin-top: 10px; width: 90%; max-width: 150px; font-size: 12px; word-spacing: -1px; padding: 4px; padding-top: 10px; overflow: hidden;"][div class=HiddenScroll style="margin-left: 6px;"]Location:IIFC HQ

Mood: A Little Pissed Off

Possessions: Facts!

Interacting With: idalie idalie Nastarial Nastarial Lemercer Lemercer GumGumChomp GumGumChomp
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Snek Snek MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter ZacksQuest ZacksQuest

[/div][/div][/div][div class=SideBy style="width: 1%;"][div class=SideBorder style="margin-left: 13px;"][/div][/div][div class=SideBy style="width: 77%;"][div class=Box style="overflow: hidden; padding-left: 20px;"][div class=HiddenScroll]
Things were beginning to get out of hand. “Surely you can’t mean this. On second thought I’m sure you do. But we are all here for a reason and more than likely a good one. Revenant or not he is a member of our team. Whether any of us like any of us is irrelevant especially because of what any of us are. As long as we can work as a cohesive team and get things done it won’t matter. If this is truly a problem, maybe he isn’t the one that needs to leave.” Kaliope shot a disapproving glance at Mara.

“What I am is Kaliope Blythe, and before I was here I was an officer of the law. Before that I was groomed as a possible Chosen One, a Prospect if you will, which I admit, is more than a little ridiculous. Because of this, I was trained in a broad array of combat techniques and other techniques I could use against vampires, Demons, and the Forces of Darkness. While I am not able to use magic I am more of a...recipient of magic that grants me certain… enhancements. If Artur here was a pawn of darkness then do you really think he would be here? At least without good cause.”

Kaliope shot a desperate look to the director. She was hoping for some kind of peaceful solution or at least some statment to put this matter to bed.

[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Img Head"]
[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: ZacksQuest ZacksQuest GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Lemercer Lemercer

[/div]
ARTUR DEMETRESCU

The introductions had been going well, listening with an educated sincerity as he took his teammates powers into account. Asher was certainly retaining his status of enigma, especially with such a title as Harbringer. Surely he belonged in a temple somewhere? Yet Artur couldn't make too much of an evalution without knowing about the specifics of regional religious alterations. It came with every area, and every religion was coloured in a spectrum of passion, peace, and anger. Mara took to the floor next, confirming his thoughts about her combat background. To have left the armed forces perhaps exhibited a short attention span, or lack of like for authority. Only time would tell.

With Answorth finishing her introduction, Artur had already turned his gaze elsewhere to the other expectant faces. The Revenant, nevertheless, arched his brow as Mara continued on with her stagetime. Most importantly featuring him as the subject in question. Demetrescu, bowed his head. "It's an unfortunate thing, to be given a stereotype." He began, digging his thumbnail into the centre of his palm painfully. "Although you may say, it's an unfortunate thing to believe one." Artur straightened his back, giving the table a level, honest expression. "I'm a man out of his time, one who has been touched by the darkness we all fear -- and I can see how it makes people wary, afraid even. But I am a man, I am Artur of house Demetrescu, now it's only descendant. I am not a thing, not a beast to be tamed nor a slave to my instincts. I, am a man. I have the will of a living heart and the desire to live up to the promises I made. It was not my choice to be what I am, it was my meddling in a sacrifice to someone I loved dearly. I am not a malicious man, a selfish man perhaps, but I am loyal."

Standing up now, he gripped the table intently staring toward Mara with the darkening of his irises. "It is not for you to decide who I am, and who I am not. It's not for you to tell me I am a monster when I have fought for the very things now as I have since before you were even a flicker in your mother's womb." He took a large inhale of breath appearing to calm slightly, "Use my name, Miss Answorth. Can you not even grant that to the deceased?" The Revenant then cleared his throat, tugging on his cuffs. "But if the group decides that what I am, dictates what I should be allowed to do, I will make no fuss if you decide to get rid of me. It's the truth, I am dead. I have made acquaintances with demons. I cannot deny my origins, but I will deny these ostentatious lies, they are nothing more than fearmongering of the most despicable level. I make my argument."

He returned to his seat, for what seemed like the hundredth time. She had even asked Asher, the Harbringer of all people. He wasn't expecting any benevolence from the boy, although, he could still be surprised by the teachings which transcended all religion; a chance of redemption. His chest felt tighter for some reason, speaking so freely of the reasons which shackled him to the mortal coil. Even when his sister, dear Maria, had already been dead for as long as he could remember. The decisions he made that summer, would never stop giving him grief for his actions. What more did the hag of a woman want from him? Did she not see the others so capable of betrayal? Certainly, a rookies mistake when it came to possibilities, and evermore insulting.

Last edited:
[class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [class=Button] background-color: #102f7e; color: White; text-align:center; padding:5px; width:100%; [/class] [class name=ButtonClick] background-color: #081b4d; color: Silver; text-align:center; padding: 5px; width:100%; [/class] [class name=Button state=hover] background-color: #081b4d; cursor:pointer; color:white; [/class] [script class=Button on=click] removeClass ButtonClick Button addClass ButtonClick set link (getText) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (show Stats) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (show Eq) if (eq "${link}" "Asher Salah") (hide CR) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (hide Stats) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (hide Eq) if (eq "${link}" "Status") (show CR) [/script]

[div class="Button CR"]
Asher Salah
Status
[/div] [div class=Tags style="font-family: times new roman; Font-size: 85%;Text-align:center;"]

Interacting:
idalie idalie , VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow , Nastarial Nastarial , ZacksQuest ZacksQuest , @

Located:
Team Ezac Base [/div] [div class="Stats hidden" style="font-family: times new roman; Font-size: 85%;Text-align:center;"]

inventory
107$
kukri blade
jawbone blade
[/div]
Mara seemed an interesting enough character. Her background seemed to shed some light on her outputting attitude and surprising build for that of a woman. However his respect and interest dwindled as she began her soliloquy about Artur. He had no reason to trust her words, nor anyone else for that matter. However he couldn't shake the feeling of disagreement he had with what she said. Following her Kalliope addressed her monologue, and then of course Artur jumped to his own defense. As Artur spoke he saw a familiarity in him. Asher saw Artur's same denial towards his own nature as he felt towards his own. Soon enough he felt anger rise in him, and noticed he had been gripping the arms of the chair he sat in until his knuckles where as white as Artur's skin.

Asher rose from his seat, breathing in a deep breath. His amber eyes procured a soft glow, and his voice shared a similar echo with his former patron, though nothing near the same level of intensity. It was the difference between the soft hum one feels in their chest when hearing a strong bass, and the force of an earthquake. With this he stole a glance at both Artur and the Director before Addressing Mara with his newly acquired gaze.

"With all due respect Mara, and as I can see that not much is due, you know me no more that this revenant you insist is naturally evil." Asher took a step towards Mara and crossed his arms, however the distance between them remaining relatively the same "As I said before, I will try to support my team, and protect them as much as I possibly can... That includes threats foreign or otherwise. We have yet to begin our first mission, and you have already cast judgement. My title was given to me by my circumstance, not my character, just as Artur's was."

He sat back down, and as he fell into his chair the vibration in his voice was lost and the glow in his eyes faded. "look to me for support in the battles we will face, not your foolish arguments."

[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //this code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code. // // when typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press ente// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The background image// [/class]

[class=Notes] //the transparent with background and the border and below is the text// [/class]
Ria Lethe McAlister
Find your own magic. It can take you a long way.

New arrivals came and things started to get underway. They relocated to the briefing room, and introductions got underway. Everything was going well, and Lethe even enjoyed learning some about the Director and Artur - during whose introduction she couldn't help but lean forward and practically hang onto every word, her curiosity about him practically palpable. Asher's intro reminded her to at least look into Semitic magic, as knowing the principles behind it wouldn't hurt even if she couldn't cast it. Knowledge is a mage's best friend, after all.

When Mara took her own time, Lethe was somewhat impressed but not surprised. It seemed to suit her very well. And then things quickly became derogatory , specifically towards Artur. With Mara's choice of words, Lethe frowned. Inherently evil? She didn't think he was, and she had seen enough to feel like she could tell the difference. Is this how others would see her as well? Her magic was taught to her by those with intent to harm, and Lethe had caused harm herself. Self doubt ricocheted in her mind, only to be shattered by those who came to Artur's defense.

They each made good points, and as far as Lethe could tell, she had been the only one so far that Mara had been even somewhat warm to. Standing up, Lethe said nothing as she walked over to Mara and took her hand, hoping to calm her for the time being. "Mara, we're all here to help others. We don't have to like each other, but a minimum of trust is needed. If you can't trust Artur, then you shouldn't trust me, either. Let's sit down, shall we?"

She hoped to lead Mara back to her seat, but she'd remain standing by the woman's side, if for no other reason than to slap a sleep spell on her ass. Turning to the group before her, she supposed she might as well move things along. "I am Lethe McAlister. I am a mage and I've seen my share of battle."

While she was fairly sure she could've alluded to more, she didn't want to set Mara off again by revealing too much. When all was said and done, she clasped her hands, one still holding the docket she was given, behind her back and took on the role of a sentinel, glancing at Mara every now and again.

[class=Notes] //Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags// [/class]
Interacting: GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Lemercer Lemercer idalie idalie VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow ZacksQuest ZacksQuest
Located: IITF HQ, briefing room
Items of Note: Former Cult's Coat of Protection (owned); Tincture holding Belt (owned);
Tincture Number & Contents: 1) Herbal Nerve Toxin; 2) Phial of Everfrost
Spell Cast/Translation:
:
code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Quel'xavuatl

Items of Importance: Haha, kobolds aren't important

Interacting w/ : GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Lemercer Lemercer idalie idalie VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow ZacksQuest ZacksQuest

The kobold was surprised to see a diverse group such as this filing into the room. His teammates seemed agreeable and respectable enough, even though most of them cast the trademark glances of confusion and amused surprise that Quell inevitable drew when humans first met him. Years ago, it would have hurt, but he was expecting it by this point. He was a kobold, after all, and his people rarely graced the spotlight, much less sported advanced cybernetics and totemic markings on their body.

The introductions seemed to go well, though he was surprised learn that so many of them were very serious and solemn people, at least, judging from the way they introduced themselves. One of them even went so far as to cast doubt on the loyalty of the revenant in the group.

Not even our first mission and already a fight?

It was off-putting, though oddly refreshing that Q had found himself not the subject of public ridicule this time around. Especially considering his closest ancestors had enslaved thousands in the jungles of Mexico and dissolved insubordinates and innocents alive with corrosive acid breath. Did people not care about the dragons anymore? Q's spirits rose slightly, the thought of his tyrannical heritage being forgotten making him feel a little more comfortable with himself. He decided to introduce himself next, with a newfound display of confidence. He arose and spoke.

"Greetings to all of you, my name is Quel'xavuatl of the Totzimoc Brood, esteemed disciple of famous artificer and invoker Zelig Tannen of the Treeshapers. But, of course, that is quite the mouthful, so you may call me Quell or simply Q if it suits your preference." He bowed deeply, elegantly curling his cybernetic arm below himself as he did so.

He had hoped that his mentioning of his close ties to the Treeshapers would warm the revenant up to him.

...not that all revenants needed to be warmed up, that is, but of course, some of them are cold but that's not what he meant, it's not like 'oh, all revenants are cold', that certainly isn't a stereotype that Q was perpetuating. He simply meant warming up in the friendly sense, again, not to say that revenants were naturally unfriendly, it was just that...oh, nevermind.

The Director had to take into account what the Chief said about bonds forged in fire to keep himself from immediately intervening once Mara began her speech to try and force Artur out of the group during her introduction. Thankfully, Kalliope firmly put her foot down on the subject, a necessary move from someone whose trained obligation was to hunt the undead and forces of darkness. As Artur took the offense in a noble sense of stride, and both Asher and Lethe in turn defended the Revenant, he found that all he needed to do was to cement what should have been obvious.

"Regardless of the circumstances of his existence and the sources of his magic, Artur Demetrescu is a trusted figure who used his abilities to fight against moral injustice for centuries, and I as the Director am happy to have him on our team. Mara, your take-charge attitude to fighting threats to the balance are commendable, as is your leadership qualities from combat and your drive that allowed you to teach yourself magical arts, but there is no one people who are all inherently evil, regardless of any unfortunate circumstances about their birth or upbringing. Everyone here made a choice to join this team, and were all chosen by the Chief himself because he trusted their character and their drive to fight evil, same as you. I expect you to understand that regardless of their past, they are here to do the right thing, regardless of their birth, their race, or the nature of their abiliites. Artur is not the first undead to join the Intervention Squadron, and I don't rightly think he'll be the last. Or would you, perhaps, like to take up this same argument with King Zagan? He's one of the nine rulers of the Goetian clan, and a full-blooded demon, a member of the very faction that the Infernal Intervention Bureau was created to destroy. That very same demon is a member of our council that supports and funds the Infernal Intervention team, and his thoughts about the need to preserve the balance and the lengths he is willing to go to aid in that preservation are exactly the same as everyone else on that council. He is accepted by everyone else who sits at that table, and I expect the same attitude towards those who are sitting here in this room right now, because from this point on they are your teammates. Lethe, you don't need to hide any circumstances of your upbringing, they do not define you. You chose to be here to preserve the way of life of people across all the worlds, and you could have chosen not to. Please, go into further detail."

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait][/div][div class=statusText]Location: The Meeting Room

Mood: Wary

Interacting With: ZacksQuest ZacksQuest Nastarial Nastarial idalie idalie Snek Snek
% Gay for Lethe

[/div][/div][div class=title]Mara[/div][div class=text]Well, this was certainly a surprise. She looked around, completely taken aback. "What the hell is wrong with you all? It doesn't bother you at all that there's a demon in this group? Ugh, fine, whatever, I'll back down," she said, taking her seat again "for now." Mara turned to Artur, glaring at him "If I even so much as suspect you're up to something, I won't hesitate to put an iron cap in your head. Got it?" she asked, leaning back in her seat, putting her feet up on the table.

"Now then, I didn't exactly give you all my backstory in detail either. I think you should let Lethe decide whether or not she wants to tell us. We all have skeletons in our closet, and I sure as hell haven't shown you all of mine. I doubt any of you have either. Especially the demon." she retorted, giving another glare to Artur. "Same goes for the lizard. You said that you're with the Treeshapers, right? I know that they're not supposed to hurt people with their black magic, but I've yet to believe that, at least in its entirety. Black magic is something meant to harm, how can you possibly not harm with it?" she asked, warily looking at Quell. "But, in contrast to revenants, I've yet to hear of a bad Treeshaper. The same goes for you as the demon, I'm watching you."

[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#1B1515; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #f3c662; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #1B1515; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

[div class="Img Head"]
[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: ZacksQuest ZacksQuest GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Lemercer Lemercer Snek Snek VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow Nastarial Nastarial

[/div]
ARTUR DEMETRESCU

Those who made cases for his defence were touching, that and it showed whom his allies would be from there on out within the team. Asher's voice altering in the anger that Artur desired to exhibit. Yet to exhibit it, would be proving the girl correct. And she was just that, an insolent, childish girl, no doubt fairly uneducated outside of warfare. Her continued talking caused the Revenant's jaw to clench, teeth gritted as she seemingly ignored the Directors own speech over the demon who resided in the top of the very institution she insulted him for joining. He remained, saying little. Alas, Artur's eyes were surrounded by faint, black veins that webbed and contrasted his pallor. Nothing he would say could change her mind, nothing from battles won or people saved. He was a Revenant, and a dead man's actions were that of nothing. He shouldn't of existed, but there he was. To be mocked by a mortal who thought she was holier than thou for her lack of experience. She knew nothing.

Artur glanced to Kaliope, Asher, and the Director in succession. "I should thank you all," Then it lingered on Lethe. "Please keep her on a leash if you can, I fear she may start frothing at the mouth if she doesn't piss on everything she deems wrong." He leant forward, "And I suppose the carpet expenses would be hard to pay for a rabid, uncivilised beast." Art turned his attention away, still seething although there was an odd, unnatural facade of peace which remained his mask. If anything, in another life, had she met him in the times most desperate, he would've leapt across the table already and chewed her damn throat out. An ironic notion considering his brashly worded insult.

The Lizard spoke of the Treeshapers, lighting a flame of recognition in his expression as he managed a polite curl of a smile. Mara just had to open her damn mouth again to ruin it. His temples almost popped. One had to remain calm though -- think of better times -- something other than that briefing room. A day out in Wallachia, the countryside. Rolling green hills, stone-brick houses and thatched rooves. Chimneys and bakers dozens, pastries -- pastries which flaked and melted in the mouth dusted with imported sugar. Rivers and woodlands, the expanse of nature; wilderness untouched. His father had told him of the boars which hid in the forests, how a distant cousin had found the end of his life being gored on a hunting trip. Artur opened his eyes from his well-suited 'happy-place'. His hands had stopped shaking, although he desired the comforting sensation of his flask.

"It's a pleasure to know another Treeshaper acquaintance, Quell, was it?" Artur dipped his head forward. "I've not been introduced to many reptile-folk, you'll have to excuse me for anything I may say out of curiosity. Anyhow, still, I should think we'll all make a wonderful team. I simply cannot wait to get out in the field so we may progress with our build of an effective strategy. Hm?" The Revenant enthused, or at least, he did his best to.

Last edited:

Mood: Impressed

Possessions: Team Spirit

Interacting With: idalie idalie Nastarial Nastarial Lemercer Lemercer GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Snek Snek MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter ZacksQuest ZacksQuest

Stunned by the words of Artur, she felt there was no more to be said on the subject but she doubted the others would share this feeling. If Mara was in fact a warrior or soldier then she knew she was losing this fight. But what type of soldier was she? Would she make a tactical withdrawal or would she dig in and double down. Mara struck Kaliope as the Scorched Earth type.

This team, if we survived the first mission without turning on each other would have time to work these things out. Favor could be won and minds stubborn as they might be could eventually be changed. But they have to get to the mission first. So Kaliope said nothing more and sat waiting on the briefing. With a nod, she acknowledged the newest comer Q and the smile she showed the Kobold faded back into her game face as she looked to the Director.

Last edited:
[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //this code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code. // // when typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press ente// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The background image// [/class]

[class=Notes] //the transparent with background and the border and below is the text// [/class]
Ria Lethe McAlister
Find your own magic. It can take you a long way.

Lethe thought everything would finally be resolved as Mara sat, but it only seemed to continue. The newcomer, Quell, said his piece, and the Director and Artur admonished Mara's words further. Then somehow, she became responsible for the woman beside her. How did that happen?? Because she wasn't trying to antagonize her further? What horrible logic these people had. Lethe did have to concede that she did seem to need someone 'helping' her. She did have an odd appreciation for Mara, however. She didn't feel up to sharing her past, and even though the Director prodded, she would remain silent on that subject. Her past would be shared when she felt it was relevant.

She let out a soft sigh, resolving in her task ahead. She was lucky the spell she had in mind could be discreet and didn't need a lot of energy to cast. She summoned the appropriate energy, her eyes closed in momentary focus. When she opened her eyes, she placed a hand on Mara's shoulder, saying softly, "Leniret cor tuum."
Lethe felt the magic disperse as she expected it would, and looked to Mara, ensuring the spell worked the way she intended it to. With luck, she would cease her hostilities, though Lethe would be surprised if it went further than that. She decided to keep her hand on Mara's shoulder, should she need to do anything else that involved the angry-at-the-world-woman. She looked at everyone and bowed apologetically, as if to apologize for not doing this sooner.

Hopefully they could now get on to the task at hand. Lethe could only hope and pray to Hecate that would be the case.

[class=Notes] //Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags// [/class]
Interacting: GumGumChomp GumGumChomp idalie idalie Lemercer Lemercer ZacksQuest ZacksQuest VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow Snek Snek
Located: IITF HQ, Briefing Room
Items of Note: Former Cult's Coat of Protection (owned); Tincture holding Belt (owned);
Tincture Number & Contents: 1) Herbal Nerve Toxin; 2) Phial of Everfrost
Spell Cast/Translation:: Leniret cor tuum = Calm your heart
code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Last edited:

Mood: Calm

Interacting With: No One

% Gay for Lethe

[/div][/div][div class=title]Mara[/div][div class=text] Oh, that demon just crossed a line! Mara stood back up, slamming her hands on the table, only a few seconds from climbing across the table and giving him a fire blast to the face, when Lethe put her hand on her shoulder "What the hell are you doing?" she asked, the glare going over to the small woman. Over the next few seconds, she felt herself calm. When the spell fully took effect, Mara sat down, her eyes drooping slightly. "...What was I doing?" she asked herself, before remembering "Oh, yeah... Eh, whatever... Not worth it." she mumbled, peacefully watching.

After a few seconds, she noticed that Lethe's hand was on her shoulder. Oh gods she was so cute. 'Eh, why the hell not, what's the worse that can happen...' she thought, and did it. "So, Lethe, was it? Why don't you put that hand somewhere a bit lower down on my body~?" she asked, winking at the small woman. "I'll do the same to you if you want~"

[/div]

Miles slumped against the wall. Right when he was about to enter, one of his future teammates questioned having a revenant on the team. If that was how she felt about a relatively harmless member of the undead, what would someone like that do upon learning that they would be working with a monster from a horror story created to drive people insane? Miles had spoken earlier about security clearance and his origins in case a scenario like this happened, but he knew that it was a precaution that he shouldn't have had to take.

Miles halfheartedly continued eavesdropping. Some of the others in the room, the Director included, came to the defense of the revenant. It wasn't much encouragement, and Miles still felt as if one of his bridges had been burnt before he had the opportunity to cross it. Maybe I could transfer to team five, he thought. There was a rumor going around that two of the team's members had a rough breakup, and maybe one of them would be willing to trade.

Miles got his phone out and started writing an e-mail. At the same time, he got up from the wall, grabbing the door handle without realizing it. The door flew open from Miles putting his weight on it, and he fell onto his stomach, lower half still in the hallway, with the grace of a newborn cockatrice.

Hailey
-------------------------------------------
Hailey watched them all bicker and rant and such, simply observing what the team was to become. She sighed when it was done, and realized she had not introduced herself yet. She took off her hood and gracefully fixed her hair.

"Now that that irrelevant gibberish is done, I am Hailey. No more, no less."

She took in the sight of the topic at hand, the revenant, and simply nodded a silent respect. She was not one for words at all. Still, the team needed a little collusion if it were to stay alive.

"If he is here, then he is as qualified as I am to be here. With that, I am fine, as that is all the reason I need."

With that, she turned to the rest with a slight air of dignity befitting her title.

"We are a team, either forced to be in it, willingly, or for the money. I would rather not have any problems in the operations to come if I have anything to say about it. All I want is to stay alive. I cannot do so if you want to kill each other."

With a stress on her final word, she returned to the shadows, albeit now watching the other members. She was used to such situations, but right away was insanely fast, probably a new record.

GumGumChomp GumGumChomp idalie idalie Lemercer Lemercer ZacksQuest ZacksQuest VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow Snek Snek

Quel'xavuatl

Items of Notice: Sudden interest in them dolla dolla bills

Interacting with: SP3CT3R SP3CT3R ZacksQuest ZacksQuest
Quell sighed in relief as Maya succumbed to the charm and calmed down, but was still a little disappointed to learn that she did not trust the Treeshapers. Surely not every non-standard magic user or non-human was worthy of mistrust?

Artur's genial and friendly introduction made Q smile, revealing rows of small, sharp reptilian teeth. "It's nice to meet another Treeshaper too! One thing though, my kind are called kobolds, it's okay though, a lot of people don't call us that. Trust me, 'lizard-folk' is far from the rudest thing I've been called. Consider yourself educated." He winked at Artur to help convey his non-hostility. "And as for teamwork, I assure you my magitechnical assets will have your ass covered."

As the mysterious Hailey introduced herself, his eyes widened as she mentioned the job's paycheck. He had completely forgotten that he had meant to ask about that.

"Excuse me, Mr. Director, I don't mean to be rude or crass, but I don't think we've been informed yet regarding the paychecks for these team positions. At least, I haven't. I only ask because I have an important invention in progress that desperately needs some funding..." Q absentmindedly reached his false arm back to clutch his pack as he finished his thought.

He was about to clarify that his intentions for joining were hardly related to something as shallow as a paycheck, but before he could open his maw, a horrific skeletal beast stumbled in through the door and tripped to the floor.

A moment of confliction struck the kobold. Part of him wanted to scream and kick it until it stopped moving, but a bigger part of him wanted to help what he assumed was a fellow outcast. It was likely that no one else was going to assist him, except perhaps Artur on account of also being undead.

Q swallowed his fear and approached. "Are you okay, friend?" he asked cautiously, extending his cybernetic hand to help him up. The thing looked big and he figured the mechanical arm was more suited to the task of lifting it.

Last edited:
Infernal Intervention Bureau
The Director took one more look around at the assembled team, his eyes resting on the gargantuan, skeletal figure being offered the outstetched cybernetic hand of the spry kobold. His eyes warily shifted to Mara, who was currently experiencing a sudden dizzy spell. Putting two and two together with the shy woman who rested her hand on the ex-soldier's back and the faintest crackle of transferring energy was a simple matter, and while he was torn between congratulating her for settling a potentially violent altercation and reprimanding her for using psychomancy on a teammate he instead opted for silence. But magic was fickle, and the bestial figure he immediately identified as young Miles Baxter could potentially be enough to break a small spell like that, so he elected to commence the briefing before the hotheaded Mara snapped back into focus enough to do something rash.

He took only a moment to introduce himself to the large figure and make him feel more welcomed. "Miles, we are pleased to have someone with your expertise and skills in our team. I'll help you get accommodated to the compound shortly, but if you wouldn't mind taking a seat." He did a very brief headcount, and found that most of the team were present and accounted for, if not entirely focused. The young gorgon Anastasia, in particular, seemed considerably shaken and on the verge of panic, so he did not try to force her to say anything about herself after such a tense and prejudiced atmosphere only a few minutes ago. "We're still one person short, but I think it would be in our best interest to begin the briefing. After this I'll leave you to figure out your plan of action for the operation."

He snapped his fingers once and only once, and a panel in the ceiling opened, fitted with a light magic rune. The rune glowed a hot white, and then spat out an image that seemed like a shower of mist in the air. The mist's colors were a cacophony of reds and yellows and blues before finally settling on a political map of the nation of Greece. The Director began in flat, yet urgent tones.

"Kastoria. Kozani. Kalabaka. Veroia. And now the metropolitan Thessaloniki. All large sized population centers in Northern Greece and parts of Macedonia. One by one, each of these cities began circulating reports of violent beast attacks in alarming numbers. These monsters have been attributed to thirty-five assaults, fifty one deaths, and forty missing persons cases across each of these cities. There seems to be no set pattern or motive to the attacks, and both individuals and large groups have been attacked indiscriminately. The difficulty in acquiring their prey, as well, seems to not be a factor, as the monsters have been reported to break down doors and even tear into vehicles to reach their victims as opposed to the general animal behavior of finding a more accessible meal."

"The local chapter of the Mage's Association, the Magus Thessalonika, was dispatched once the reports reached their headquarters. The Magus Thessalonika as well as its subordinate mage guilds took weeklong efforts in trying to trace and kill these monsters. Only one of them was ever found and brought down, and the results are unlike any creature previously seen in the Mediterranean. In fact, these monsters don't seem to appear to be from any bestiary known to man." Another snap of the Director's fingers, and the mist changed to a large metal slab, clearly an autopsy table, with rolling trays of various surgical instruments in small, rounded pans. What was on top of the autopsy table dwarfed it. It seemed to be some sort of hominid, with elongated, sinewy limbs. Its head resembled a snail, with two large white eyes protruding from massive stalks. Its body was possibly twelve feet or longer in length, and on the underside of what was apparently a great gaping maw like a lamprey's. It had a total of ten legs, and the front four were eerily reminiscent of a praying mantis, with large serrated blades at the ends of its arms. The back six, by comparison, were jointed legs, and they ended in what almost seemed to be human hands.

"The pictures display one of four monsters who were said to be seen in reports from each and every city. This means that the same beasts that are responsible for the rampages and disappearances are moving from city to city, bringing death with them."

"Your mission here is to ascertain the origin and nature of these creatures, and put a definite end to their massacres. Once you are aware of where these monsters came from and why they are attacking these cities, report it back to headquarters for an update on your new objectives, but to put it in general terms, the new objective will be to stop any new monsters from emerging from the origin point and, if this is the work of an individual or group either wilfully or accidentally, you will either terminate or apprehend the ones responsible to the best of your abilities. Optionally, you should also take care to find out the fate of the forty missing persons so we can notify their families or bring them back home. Once you're done planning out your assigned roles and your first course of action after arriving at your destination in Thessaloniki. The Magus Thessalonika as well as our Greek councilman will both be available for contact once you've arrived." The misty image dissipated and the light-emitting rune retracted back into the ceiling, a protective panel sliding shut.

He shot one pointed look at the young Lady Hailey Melloi. She was magically gifted, and her inclination towards any organized group was more than likely soured by the systematic loss of her family on assignments, yet her attitude was immediately offputting in a colder and more callous way than Mara. A somewhat warmer look was directed at the inquisitive kobold Quell. "Should you complete the objectives of the assignment and fulfill your duties to maintain the balance, for a level three assignment you will each receive a commission of $18 thousand or the equivalent amount in your preferred denomination of currency. A six figure pay to complement the severity of the mission."

"If you have any more questions on the mission, feel free to ask me before I leave you to coordinate yourselves. If you have any questions of a more personal or informal nature you need to ask me, I will be at my desk in the briefing room until your departure."

Characters: Director Pallas | Location: IIHQ Common Area | Current Action: Briefing Nastarial Nastarial Lemercer Lemercer GumGumChomp GumGumChomp SP3CT3R SP3CT3R MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter idalie idalie Snek Snek VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow | Other Important Notes: None Currently

[div class="Img Head"]
[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: ZacksQuest ZacksQuest GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Lemercer Lemercer Snek Snek VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow Nastarial Nastarial MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

[/div]
ARTUR DEMETRESCU

Artur again gave even the cold, reserved woman a smile of thanks. He'd certainly won that battle although not the war. "I could not have said it better myself, Miss Hailey." Artur remarked, bowing his head. The strange reptilian man spoke again, however, correcting the use of language. "Ah, I see. Kobold it is then, but I doubt I'll be referring you to by little else than your name." The Revenant politely laughed, glancing at the Director a moment as the subject of paychecks was raised. Whatever happened, at least they'd be compensated by a decent wage. The entrance of Miles was rather comedic, if not panic-worthy. Quell had already gotten up to help Baxter, to which Demetrescu decided to give a hand. Again, being a Revenant and practically dragging yourself back from the afterlife was quite the experience -- the skeletal headed creature seemed tame in comparison. "Good to see someone in undeath, I was beginning to think I was the only one around." He clapped Miles on the shoulder, however, the Director began to speak which in turn, caused the room to fall into relative silence.

The light rune projected images of a worrying nature, especially the ugly bastard of a monster who lay limp on that autopsy table. Forty missing persons, the only question was if they were undiscovered bodies, putting the death count up to ninety-one. What use could the beasts have for living creatures if they exhibited such violent instincts? Were the dead eaten or killed out of far more sinister motives? But surely, the monsters were far less intelligent than to actually have a moral complexity about them? Artur waited until the Director had come to the end of his briefing to lean against the table and frown. "Sir, I must ask, these corpses you speak of. Were any of them eaten? Used in some way? Evidently, the beasts are predators, but even the few lycan attacks we have end up with consumption, same goes for any animal -- unless they're protecting something within a territory, but from the continual movement perhaps they're seeking out something? Is there any possibility you've examined the brains of these ... things, to consider them as an intelligent species?"

He tapped his fingers on the table, "Of course, I understand the autopsy report may not be within my clearance -- but if there is anything, anything at all which could aid in initial deducement of what these things are capable of, I would like to see whether any hypothesis would suit the situation." Artur then cleared his throat, feeling he was about to be asking for far too much for the first mission, nevertheless -- walking in blind would be less of a breeze. "And, just one more thing, with all due respect, did the ones who brought that particular creature down, write up any sort of report detailing how they did it or it's own movement in combat?"

Last edited:

[div class="Button CR"]
Asher Salah
Status

Interacting:
idalie idalie , VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow , Nastarial Nastarial , ZacksQuest ZacksQuest , , Snek Snek , MachievallismAlter MachievallismAlter , SP3CT3R SP3CT3R , GumGumChomp GumGumChomp

Located:

inventory
107$
kukri blade
jawbone blade
[/div]
Another cold heart seemed to be found in the short-spoken mage. However, he could not agree more with the conclusion she brought about on the subject of Artur, and he was appreciatory. His education however seemed ceaseless, learning the lizards true name, Quell the Kobold. However before Asher had no more time than to accept his new reality another oddity tumbled through the door in the form of a giant... skeleton? Asher could deal with a dead man, however this "thing" the director had called miles was not even once human. Asher could feel the potent aura of black magic and the stench of the undead. The flame inside him burned brightly, rejecting even the notion of being in the same room as the beast that stood before him. Asher began to cough lightly, this was clearly an obstacle he would need to overcome should he be on any further missions regarding the undead. However, going against the nature of what was inside him Asher carried on and looked to the director as the kobold went to help Miles.

Asher was first off stunned by the transforming mist he saw before him. There was much in the er of technology that Asher was not well versed in. Again he found himself confounded by what he was experiencing and took it in stride, wishing not to be left behind. He listened to the directors words and several questions were raised in his mind that were coincidentally raised by Artur. "And if they are actually eating people, or say bringing them back to their den or what have you, the body count could be higher than we think.". Asher's brow was furrowed in confusion, this is an interesting first mission. Ironically the new arrival could be much help with this, as could himself. However before the departure for the mission, he had a few questions to ask the director, at which he placed a hand on his shoulder for a brief moment
Knowing the team would have questions he made his ask short"Should it be possible I'd appreciate a moment of your time when everyone's inquiries are finished." And with that Asher sunk back into his chair and reviewed the details that the director had just given the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back