• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom inFAMOUS RP

Dreadpool

King Dreadpool, the Wrathful
(The creator and OP of this RP will be @Atom. I'm simply posting the interest check as he requested, and will aid in managing the RP alongside him)

Lian_Yu.png

The RP itself will be a variation of the rather popular video game series known as inFAMOUS. You might, perhaps, know of the series from the successful power RPs, inFAMOUS, inFamous: Repercussions, or inFAMOUS: Repercussions of War

Taking place some years after the detonation of the device known as The Ray Sphere (Which granted thousands of regular people extraordinary abilities), the RP itself would take place in an environment where these people with powers, these Conduits face heavy persecution, viewed as abominations to humankind. Indeed, an organization was designed to combat and contain this irregular species, and overtime, has become particularly successful with their services. More will certainly be explained later, but first things first...

Would anyone be interested?

Currently in the process of writing up more info for this but for now, bump.

This seems interesting. I'm not familiar with the video game, but I hope that won't be a problem.

I'll try to explain a majority of what's needed to be known in the RP.

I shall reveal further information.

It has been ten years since the events in New Marias. Conduits have since risen and fallen. The first five years were chaos for the world as it reeled in shock and fear as conduits have spread quickly. Life as we knew it looked to be collapsing, our current technology unable to combat the conduits who quickly lashed out in anger at our treatment towards them.

And then Acerta arrived. Acerta, an organization that had been underground for the last five years, led forward by a splinter group from the first sons. Acerta rose quickly after their debut as an effective PMC. Over the five years of chaos Acerta remained hidden, nurturing and developing their ace in the hole.

For the past five years Acerta had been experimenting with the conduit gene, finding ways to influence and manipulate it. After five years of intensive study, countless tests, and countless failures...it was a success. Through gene manipulation Acerta had managed to create a new, better conduit. One who lacked the ability to generate an element but rather had the ability to nullify it. Nullifiers as they were blandly named by Acerta generated a small bubble around them that nullified any conduits powers and and anything fueled by them. Nullifiers became extremely effective in the field, able to get in close and subdue conduits with ease.

With the mobilization of nullifiers Acerta intervention grew in demand. They became officially recognized as a PMC and granted increased jurisdictional freedoms over the next five years. The presence of conduits in the open quickly declined at drastic levels. Acerta either neutralized or captured conduits and housed them in off shore detainment facilities. With the conduit population on the decrease Acerta has begun researching the conduits with more....drastic methods...

The Situation

Mmk so theres a bit of history and all, the RP will be set on Daltaron, a fictional island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean used by Acerta as a prime detainment facility. It also happens to be their HQ. As such the island is massive, holding the detainment facility, a rather large Acerta PMC base, and a small coastal city that is home to a vast majority of the islands working populace. PMC activity is heavy and highly effective against conduits, you’re in the hornets nest. The island, although densly populated, is only partially developed. The detainment facility, base, and city are all coastal installations, the rest of the island is dominated by thick sweltering hot jungle.

It will just so happen that you were recently and forcefully detained from whatever city in the world you like, and as such are on your way to Daltaron. Upon your arrival and movement towards detainment an insane and enraged conduit within the facility happens to self detonate and causes a blackout as well as a major island quake that provides you with a means of escape. All of this will be written out as the intro but here is the jist of it to help give you an idea for the types of characters you’d like.

Here

you guys can start on your characters soon

I'll type up a CS format and slap it up here.

Then I've just got to work the rules and settings out.

Should all be done within the next hour.

Only one ability per character. If you're unsure about an ability let me know.

It's uhh.... a bit demanding. But not too much....

Also heads up I want detail put into the ability section. A lack of detail there will mean denial.

Code:
[H] Character Name [/H]
[TABS]
[TAB=Basics]
[imagefloat=right]INSERT IMAGE HERE[/imagefloat]
Full name: That does mean first, middle, and last.
Monikers: Any nicknames your character will prefer to be called by.
DOB: MM/DD/YY
[/TAB]
[TAB=Ability]

Ability Name

Ability Explanation:

Strengths

Weaknesses

[spoiler=Sample]
Right here I want a one or two paragraph RP sample that will be based around you USING your ability. This will be so that I can determine the type of player I have, like if you’ll be a power house person who just want’s to be OP as hell, or if you’ll actually be a good RPer that I can appreciate having in this RP. Get it? Got it? Good.
[/spoiler]

[/TAB]
[TAB=Personal]
[TABS]
[TAB=Personality]
A paragraph at the least. Full five sentences. Bonus points if you do more 
[/TAB]
[TAB=History]
I want to know everything! I won’t DEMAND everything but I would appreciate a good sized bio, I’ve found that the more you write into your character, their history, and their personality the more you get attached to them. I’ve then found that getting attached to a character lowers the chances of you dropping out, being a major power house fuckhead, or being incredibly stupid, ya?
[/TAB]
[/TABS]
[/TAB]
[TAB=Any other information]
Down here I want you to include anything you wish that was not in the above fields, as well as any deviations from the picture for appearance. Oh and gimmie a good theme song. Two actually, not required but yea fill these two out

Kicking it to 11 theme song:

Sorrowful moment theme song:

[/TAB]
[/TABS]

I'm reserving sound manipulation now

I'll make my CS asap

But being in school that won't be all too soon

I'm not sure though i doubt it, I'm just stating what power I'll be using so if someone does decide to make glass Manipulation their power they won't scream "Copy cat" or whatever. Had that happen to me once before. So i'm just saying to avoid complication or whatever.

There's no rule against same powers, everyone's being taken from around the globe so there a chance there'd be similar powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back