• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Industrial Era Semi-Dark Fantasy

Fangs9090

Total Video Game Nerd
Supporter
Before we get to the main course, let’s start with an appetizer. I’m a fairly regular role player, on daily. I usually reply quickly, but I can get distracted and be delayed a little. I’m not picky for how often you reply, as long as it’s more than twice a week. I use furry characters, but you don’t have to. I do require good spelling and grammar, please. If I can’t read it, I can’t reply to it. I prefer to RP in PM’s, but I’ve done a couple forums RP’s before. I think that’s about it. On to the plot.

So, as you might have guessed from the title, the setting of this plot is roughly industrial era in a plague-ridden city. My inspiration for this comes from the game Dishonored, so if you’ve played that, you know what I’m thinking when I imagine this city. If you haven’t played that, go watch someone else play it. In summary: swords are used, guns are new (pistols and such), electricity is new, magic exists (but it’s very rare and very taboo/witchcraft).

Anyway, the deal is that the city’s infected with plague, districts have been closed down to try and contain it, causing them to fall into ruin, inhabited more by rats than by people. One researcher is doing experiments on rats in an effort to find a cure. However, one of his experiments yields an unexpected result. The test rat is cured of the plague and gains immunity, but undergoes a dramatic mutation, gaining a humanoid form and intelligence to match. This newly anthropomorphized rat manages to escape from the researcher’s lab and now does what she can to survive in the city. This rat will be my character.
09567822-5C7C-492D-8E8A-87C686C9270C.jpeg

Your character can be whatever you decide. A thief, an assassin, a commoner trying to survive in a closed district, a member of the city watch, whatever. Entirely up to you. Heck, it could be the researcher. One requirement: they have to be human. Why? Because this is a human-only setting, before the experiment, at least, which makes this rat girl even more of an oddity.

Anyway, that’s about all I got. We’ll have to figure out an actual story together. If you’re interested or have any questions, comment below or send me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back