• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Charles Cheese

Qualified Cheese Consumer
Roleplay Type(s)
(Sorry to everyone who showed interest! I've got another idea for an rp I wanted to run instead for now, going to reserve this RP for later. People are free to borrow this idea!)

>Spirited Away and Hazbin Hotel inspired, but no knowledge of the movie or show is needed to join! Also slightly SCP inspired.

I've designed this so history nerds and people who don't know smack about history like me can happily coexist in the same setting. This rp is going to be a back burner for me while I manage my other rp but I still plan to post at least once a week. For people who want to have a low maintenance rp, as I've specifically implemented the ability for any character to phase out temporarily since ghost(more details at the bottom section). Without further ado, here's the concept.

(Theme Music for the read)

pic source

Concept
In this world, the more unsatisfied someone was before they died, the more powers they have over the corporeal realm as a ghost. Troubled ghosts from different eras and places are captured by ghost hunters and released into an abandoned town(ghost town in both ways) in an attempt to make a tourist town for humans and other spirits. The means of this is a marketplace that everyone works at, whether because they're a vendor or suit some kind of role like guard
Players are all ghosts and they can be from any desired era and place. You can figuratively bring out whatever obscure place and time of history you'd like as long as it isn't in the future and it's handled respectfully. Your character also has to be an oc and please avoid having your character have played a big important role that would fundamentally shift history like princess or president. Even though our characters might be from the past, the setting itself is our modern world. Our characters have stories only known to them.

More Detailed
Wip

When your character was captured then released into the town, they only recovered the memories they've had during their life, not what their undead years have been like. They woke up a year ago, but it isn't until today the grand opening of the market begins, so all characters don't have to go through a being-unfamiliar-with-modern-technology arc. They've had a year to set it up, polish their talents and settle into the abandoned town with their own home. The setting is a deserted rural American town stuck forever in a slightly liminal early 2000's state that's been renovated this past year to become a tourist attraction. There will be slice of life and humor elements with a touch of liminal and surreal horror. Your character died feeling such negative emotion that made them became almost entirely corporeal ghosts. Here is a list of your pros and cons you've had since you woke up.
Pros
-You don't need to eat, sleep and drink. It's optional, but it does recover powers
-You have powers (look in power section)
Cons
-(Optional)Memories are sporadic. It's up to you what your character remembers of their life and not. Just please make sure they act like an adult
-You are incapable of violence against humans.
-Still capable of pain and normal human things
-With excessive power use, your tangibility flickers off and on uncontrollably.
-You cannot leave the town. It seems as though you are bound to it
-You constantly have a feeling of a negative emotion rooted deep in your gut, the same emotion they had when they died. Anger, fear, sadness, envy, whatever the negative emotion is, it's up to you.
-You seem to be more flawed than the humans you're around.

Powers
You can choose 1 strong version of a power and 3 weak versions of the powers from this list. Please choose what would make sense for your character, not what would make you stronger over other players. Keep in mind this rp isn't a pvp or combat focused one. Pvp has to be agreed on by both parties and stopped at any time by both parties. This is just for roleplay flavor.
Invisibility
Weak< You can turn invisible for a 20 seconds as long as you don't touch something
Strong<2 minutes instead
Flight
Weak< You can glide
Strong< You can fly, but it's incredibly draining. It's like swimming against a current, you have to be athletic.

Controlled Intangibility
Weak< Can turn intangible for 10 seconds every ten minutes. Can conserve and switch on and off like a battery.
Strong< Can turn intangible for 3 minutes a day.

Possession
Weak< Can possess medium to small objects and hide in them. You can move, but not in a way to hurt someone
Strong< Can possess people too but only with their consent.

Telekinesis
Weak< Can control up to 7 small objects like tools slowly.
Strong< Can move them quickly, and has the option to instead control up to 3 medium objects like books.

Shapeshifting
Weak< Can change mild aspects about yourself like outfit or accessories
Strong< Can change body and faces but the illusion ends once you make contact with something that isn't ground

Teleportation
Weak< Can teleport to areas 5 feet within eye range. You have a cool down of a minute.
Strong< You have a cool down of 10 seconds

Sound manipulation
Weak< Control the direction of sound you make, can echo sounds.
Strong< Can make any sound from your mouth even other voices, but you are obviously mouthing when you do so. Cannot exceed a loud enough volume to hurt someone's ears.

Shadow Control
Weak< Control the shape of existing shadows
Strong< Has little a little shadow animal that they can control and has sentience. Has to be a small animal, like a squirrel or a rabbit. Is visible.

Rules
-No NSFW. On the discord or here, no exceptions. Along with other standard RPN rules
-Designed to be extremely casual. People can dip and reenter whenever they want and the post requirements is just a paragraph. Look at other rules for more info for how I've implemented a few features to help this.
-Dark themes allowed. Although our rp will be 70% light hearted, we do like to keep the possibility of darker backstories for players. We just ask everyone to keep their character at least 70% light hearted in the roleplay itself. We want this rp to be mostly an escape!
-Swearing, smoking, alcohol, and drugs are absolutely fine in this RP. Just don't make this RP into Breaking Bad and remember our 70% light hearted rule. Don't give any advice on illegal activities either.
-17+ because of the two above rules. Keep in mind anyone above 18 romancing or flirting with a minor's character or the reverse is strictly forbidden. No exceptions. If you apply to this interest check, please state your age. I am 21.
-Lgbtq+ friendly! I'm LGBTQ+ myself and absolutely encourage LGBTQ+ characters
-Everyone can use Chatgpt for ideas and rough drafts, but no copy pasting chatgpt without at least some alterations. We understand some people are too busy for RP, so we'll be relaxed as long as posts aren't downright alien to your character and fit in the context.
-No stonewalling. Characters should react and interact with others in posts aside from times they may be alone. Please keep those at a minimum, though.
-No op characters.
-Please be flexible. We may ask you to change something in your character sheet now or in the future.
-Breaks from this rp are 100% welcome. To accommodate being locked into scenes and different schedules, everyone can phase in and out since they're ghosts. We will have a discord channel specifically for status updates so if you're going on a hiatus, might be posting that day or have a delay in posting, or please post there!
-Always ask the player before you attempt to flirt, romance or pvp their character. Anybody can opt out of these transactions at any time.
-More rules may be added or you may be kicked out if r/rpghorrorstories behavior pops up.

How to list your role/Apply
Everyone can have Harvest Moon-esque rp roles, I'm not going to bother listing them because I want everyone to have the creative freedom to bend this concept in unique ways. The main rule is everyone has to work at the same outdoor market block, and it doesn't have to be a conventional job as long as you can convince me. You can also make someone who died just a year ago, as long as their age is 18+. Their years dead do not count to their age. Please list your irl age as well.
Keep in mind if someone already picked a role (rancher, blacksmith, etc.), you can still pick the role as long as you can flavor it differently(example, they make weapons and you make armor). Eras are not limited and there can be multiple characters from the same era!
Roles:
Victorian Era
Anasazi time period

Trigger warnings: Death, usual horror tw, mentions of violence. Probably more stuff, but if you have any triggers, please put it in the about yourself section in discord. We will avoid them

Disc here

Last edited:
Thank you for mentioning in your interest check you will be on Discord. Sucks for me, because I'm really into this idea, but I really wish you the best of luck with the RP.

Hooray! Is there any role that may interest you right now? (You can 100% change it later until the rp starts)

I have had dreams set during the Anasazi time period. So if I join my character would be from then, meaning I'm potentially interested.

Sounds great! I'll make a list for them, let me know if you guys come up with a job or role for them in the marketplace and I'll add it too! ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back