• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic In this Together (1x1 with DapperCharmer)

Aqua7KH

Keyblade Master
( DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0 Here we go! So sorry it took me so long, I was away this weekend so it was a bit hard to get this together. Another thing too I will be posting my sheet a bit later as well. Sorry if my writing right now is bad, it's currently 4am ^^)

The thunder cackled loudly throughout the sky over the nameless prison. The dark morning gave way to thick fog, causing the prison to appear floating in the sky. Guards were busy doing their morning routines, ready to strike any prisoners when needed. There were some hushed whispers going around, even by some of the guards claiming that there was to be a new prisoner in that day.
The doors of the cells opened, allowing the prisoners to go and get some breakfast. Some of the guards guided them down by the halls and straight to the cafeteria to eat.

Thomas walked into the cafeteria like he had done every day for the past thirty years. As he walked inmates got out of his way and made sure to hush their conversation. This wasn't out of fear, there were a lot of prisoners scarier than him, it was out of respect. Most of the prisoners in here weren't even born when we arrived. He grabbed his food and sat at his table, only. He sat almost alone, only a few other inmates who had earned his respect sat with him. "I heard we're about to get new meat he said to no one in particular.

Aqua7KH Aqua7KH

Almost as if Thomas fully predicted it, the doors opened to allow a man with a fresh new orange uniform into the room. Some prisoners took a glance at the newcomer. He had a young face- the man could’ve been any older than twenty one years old. He appeared far too thin however for his height, and his skin appeared to be a few shades paler than it should be. He had dark, solemn eyes, a pair of eyes that appeared almost accepting of his fate. He held his items close to himself, dragging himself down the room. Some prisoners chuckled, one even blowing kisses to taunt the man.
“Nice to see a little punk ass bitch!”
The young man hid within himself, starring hard at the cold floor.

Thomas couldn't help but study the man as he walked into the cafeteria. He was skawny and looked about as strong as a house made of wet paper. He'd be lucky to last a day. And yet there was something different about him, he didn't know what but it was something. He got up and walked towards to new inmate. As he stood in front of him the difference in stature was clear. Despite his age Thomas still looked strong and muscular, "you must have done something pretty bad to end up here," he says, his voice sounding both intimating and wise, "I wouldn't wish this place on the devil himself."

Last edited:
The man backed away uncomfortably when Thomas approached him. He refused to look anywhere but into Thomas’ eyes. Some of the nearby prisoners grinned, amused by the sight of the runt. They figured he was just some dumb kid who wanted to play games.
“Hey, why don’t you come over here and sit on my lap? I take really good care of my bitches.” One prisoner called, followed by some chuckles from the comment.
The man closed his eyes, trying his best to tone out the insanity from the other inmates. Finally his dark eyes settled upon Thomas, eyes that had no evidence of life. They were purely the eyes of someone who was simply existing.
“I...” he attempted to speak, only to grow quiet right after. He didn’t know what to do, or what to say. His slumped posture didn’t help with his outright confidence either.

Thomas looked into the mans eyes and it finally hit him. What was so different about him. Most men left this place with no hope. But this man in front of him didn't seem to have any hope in him to begin with. "Let me give you some free advice kid," he said, "in this place if you don't show confidence you be chewed up and spit out faster than than a piece of rotten fish. So I ask again why are you in here?"

The man seemed to give off the first hint of real emotion, that seeming to be almost bitterness. He gritted his teeth and looked to the side, trying to find the right words. Finally, he just came out and said it.
“I...I killed my father.” He uttered. “The heroin overdose afterwards didn’t kill me.”
Some of the prisoners looked over. Some seemed to show some sympathy, while others glared at him.
“Psh. Just a scrawny whiny junkie.” One prisoner grumbled.

Thomas thought for a moment letting the prisoners make their taunts for now, at least while he decided what he planned on doing with this new guy. If he was being honest he half expected the kid to claim he was innocent. Hell, with all the false charges in this place Tom might have even believed him. "You got a name kid? Or are you happy being called bitch?"

The young man glanced to the side, not really appreciating Thomas’ snarky attitude but also not fighting against it either. He was just grateful that Thomas wasn’t whistling at him. It appeared that the man before him was the only sane person in that room at the moment.
The young man appeared to be already tired of being in the jail; he hasn’t even been there for a day and the young man already looks like he just wanted to die- although it wasn’t shocking if he came to the jail looking like that in the first place.
“...Adam.” He muttered.
“I like bitch better!” One of the inmates called out, followed by a burst of laughter from some of the other inmates. A guard knocked his knuckles against the bars of one of the cells, warning not to get too loud.

Thomas ignored the inmates that were teasing Adam. Thomas had been here thirty years and it never changed. There were always people ready to tease or hurt or kill the new guy. And there were only ever two ways that would turn out for the new kid. Either he whines like a bitch and becomes the tough gangs toy or he takes it like a man and eventually the teasing stops. Thomas had hopes that Adam would be the type to have some balls. "The names Thomas," he said, not bothering to extend his hand, "I've been in here thirty years. So I can tell you exactly how much of a hell hole this place is."

Adam couldn’t help but widen his eyes when Thomas said how long he was there for. There was a hint of terror in his eyes; it was real. Adam was really here. And like Thomas, he could be here for just as long. It made him realize that this was the end of the line for him.
Adam looked down, tightening his hold on his tiny sack of belongings. He didn’t know what to do.
“It’s... nice to meet you.” Was all he said.

Thomas soon cracked a smile at these words, words he had not heard in years, words that certainly didn't have a place in a hellhole like this. The smile soon grew into laughter, he put a hand on Adam's shoulder as his laughter stopped. "I don't know what it is but I like you kid," he said with still a slight chuckle, "you make it through the night and you can eat with me tomorrow."

Adam was unsettled by the laugher, thinking momentarily that the man before him was out of his mind. When Thomas reached out his hand to touch him, Adam flinched away thinking he was going to get hit. Luckily he didn’t, and Thomas stopped laughing.
Adam didn’t really know what to do, he looked around to all of the faces in the room. Most were staring at him, while others just completely ignored what was going on. The faces that were starring at him however, some looked pitiful while others looked hungry to kill. Adam wasn’t too sure about making through the night.
“Ah... O-Okay...”

Thomas noticed the flinch and it didn't comfort him. Although he looked tough Thomas was one of the nicest guys in this place, provided you stayed on his good side. So if Adam was already flinching because of him there was no way he'd make it through the night.

Thomas leaned in closer to Adam and whispered so the guards couldn't hear. "Here's another thing I've learnes in here kid. Punch one of the guards and they'll take you to solitary. They might beat you up a little but you'll live." He leans out and heads back to his table, "good luck kid."

Adam went silent, reaching out fearfully when Thomas went away- he didn’t want to be alone. He considered punching the guards to get into solitary, but he didn’t want to even bigger trouble than he already was.
Holding his things close to him, retreated fo the corner of the room and sat, watching as the prisoners stared at him.

Thomas frowned slightly as he saw the kid not taking his advice. He had hoped that Adam had at least a little fight left in him. He watched as one of the inmates, a piece of filth named Steve, walked up to the kid. "You know it always helps to have friends in here," he says, his tone not sounding like friendship but instead perversion, "I could be your friend if you like. You know for a price~"

Adam wanted to stab himself when he saw the prisoner approach him. He just wanted to be left alone, he needed to be by himself. This new person practically ontop of him made him want to throw up.
“T-Thanks but I’m fine...” he uttered, pressing himself into the corner he was in. He wanted to show strength and dominance, but he was only in this prison for less than an hour. He couldn’t begin to imagine the insanity that was in this place. He reached out his hands, trying to push Steve away gently. He didn’t want a fight.

"That's all you got? Wow you really are a bitch aren't you," he says with a wicked grin on his face. Its clear to all the prisoners and most of the guards that he's about to get violent. They won't step in, they don't care how rough these prisoners get. Thomas should have let them be as well but something was nagging in him. Maybe his conscience hadn't died after all. The thug pull bag his fist to hit Adam, only to have his arm held by Thomas, "leave the kid alone."

Adam’s eyes widened when he saw the wicked look on the man’s face. He seemed to panic, looking over to the guards for help. The guards were looking right at him, completely ignoring the fact that this prisoner was going to attack him. Adam was scared- not even the guards cared.
He saw the fist coming for him. All Adam could do was brace himself. He never really have been in huge fights before, but even if he had, the real world was completely different than prison. In prison, the prisoners were capable of absolutely anything.
Adam closed his eyes tight, preparing for the worst. The pain never came. He opened his eyes to see Thomas holding the prisoner’s hand back. Adam pushed himself away from the prisoner, unsure of what to do. He looked over to the guards. They just stared, some even looked to be getting some mild entertainment.

The thug turned around to face Tom, upset that he had had his fun spoiled, "why don't you just but out of it Tom," he said spitefully, "what's it to you if this kid goes to bed with a few broken bones." Thomas just stared at the guy not backing down. The two stared at eachother, they seemed to be playing a game of mental chicken. But when the thug saw that Thomas wasn't going to 'blink' he backed off. "Have it your way," he huffed before going back to his table. "I take it back kid, theres no way your lasting the night," Tom said to Adam.

Adam looked onto the stare, feeling as if it was going on for hours and hours. Finally though the thug seemed to falter before giving up and returning to his seat. Adam gave the thug a small glance, hoping the man was out of his hair for good.
Adam looked up to his savior, not really knowing what to do or how to react. After a few moments however, he finally brought out the words to talk.
“Why... why did you save me?” Adam asked, still shaken up from the whole ordeal. He tried to plead insanity during the trial, but with how fucked up the court system was and the fact that he was on drugs, the court system didn’t show him any mercy. He slowly quieted down, looking blankly into Thomas eyes.
“What do you want? Do you... do you want to be my... ‘friend’ too?” He didn’t really know how to say it, but considering everyone in the jail seemed to want a piece of the fresh meat, Adam wouldn’t be shocked if Thomas was the same way. The frightening thing was... Adam seemed to accept it. It was almost as if Adam had some experience with it already. He would just rather submit to Thomas over the other guy. At least Thomas seemed to have some morality and consideration for his wellbeing. There had to be a price for that.

"Don't flatter yourself kid," he chuckles, understanding both his confusion and his assumption that Thomas was after something, "I prefer a guy with a little more meat on their bones." He slowly led Adam back to his table. He didn't say it but he made it clear that the kid was off limit, at least while Thomas was watching.

"Kid if I'm being frank I don't know why I saved you. Perhaps I just didn't want to see a weak little animal get hurt. And don't think I'm insulting you. I'm just stating the facts. In here, right now, you are weak. But that doesn't have to stay that way," he leaned in a bit, resting his elbows on the table, "Strange as it may be I see a bit of myself in you. So let me make you an offer. Let me take you under my wing. Teach you the ropes and what not "

Adam didn’t seem to offended by the remark, if anything he believed it himself. He wasn’t going to deny it- Adam was just a scrawny little kid. One would think since he was twenty years old he would at least have some more meat in his body.
“None taken.” Adam said with a defeated sigh. He didn’t really know why Thomas was even bothering with a guy like him, however when Thomas offered to take Adam under his wing, Adam looked up to him in shock.
“R-Really?” Adam asked, more shocked than relieved. He was thankful to have someone looking after him in this hell hole, at the same time, he was nervous. He didn’t know Thomas, but at this point he looked to be the only sane person in the prison.
“Y-Yeah.... please. I’ll do... I’ll do whatever you want me to do.”

Thomas smiled. This kid may be naive as hell but at least he wasn't dumb enough to pass up free knowledge when it was offered to him. "

Thomas looked around the room and could already see the prisoners eyeing Adam up. He was glad that he was able to offer his help before anyone else was. "Secondly, I'm not gonna be with you 24/7 so you better prepare to get beat up or worse," he said, his tone very serious, "don't worry about them killing you though. They wouldn't dare go against me like that."

Thomas smiled, although Adam didn't seem too reassured by that. It was a start, at least; a smile is much better than the looks the other prisoners were giving him.
Adam nodded in response to Thomas' words. Honestly with how life was going to be like, Adam wouldn't mind too much if the other prisoners killed him. Still, it sounded like they held Thomas in high regards.
"What do you mean?" Adam asked. "They're afraid of you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back