• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

In the Midst of Fire and Lead

amended

I am an Eternal Spring flowing under dirt.

It is the year 1996 and America has become a war-torn and divided country.

During 1992, hundreds of Russian agents were sent to America to rile up nationalists and create a radical party willing to take action against other radical parties. This was surprisingly successful, causing many para-military groups to form from the radical parties. By 1994, many of the groups and parties were either abolished in fierce combat or had simply disapparated and were abandoned, leaving four large parties that war over America and the territory it has to offer. With four parties left, fighting has intensified with every day being a hail of bullets and bombs, like the German-Soviet front during WW2. This entire time, the government was weak and ill-prepared after being overthrown due to the sheer surprise and overwhelming force of dozens of parties attacking them, but it was now apparent that they had a new-found will and power that they were willing to use. The parties, seeing that the government was for more powerful after resupplying for a couple of years and regrouping, soon began fighting a four-front war as opposed to the previous three-front war they were having.

The year is now 1996, America is like a First-World  Chechnya:  Intense fighting between insurgents and government military rage on in civilian cities, radicals fight in rural areas over territory they might not even use, etc. But, in the midst of all this chaos, propaganda is still a very important part of this war as it has been in many others; in one of the parties, a particular soldier is praised by the party's media for being a brave soul who has proven himself as a true opponent to the government and the other parties. This soldier (My character) is an awarded tank hunter, meaning that he uses AT weapons to take down tanks and other armored vehicles. Ever since the beginning of the war, he has taken out well over 50 vehicles using different techniques and weapons to disable and destroy the enemy vehicles.

The UN, watching the collapse of such a great nation unfold before them, sends in a reporter (Your character) and a camera crew to record and archive such a legendary event in the annals of history. Once in America, the reporter begins to document the struggles and fighting of the Timultian Party. During her travels, however, she meets the AT soldier that is known widely throughout America and decides to report and document his sorties on the ground. But can the reporter survive with this soldier amidst the fiercest combat America has probably ever seen?

So I've had this idea bouncing around in my head for a couple of days after watching several documentaries about the Yugoslav Wars and wondering about what it would be like for para-military combat in America. After some thought and a little prompt, I finally came up with something I, and hopefully other people, like. For anyone who's curious, I write a minimal of two paragraphs (Of decent size) and try to reply once daily. I'm not trying to ask for too much, but I would enjoy it if this were as realistic as it can be; while I don't want you to watch 30 docs just to understand what I'm talking about, the least I ask is that your character isn't a super model and has realistic features/personality. I also ask that you don't post one liners and try to match my typical post length.

If you want to change something about the story or lore, go ahead and make some suggestions when you message me.

Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back