• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

In The Garden Of God {P}

ThermalTrickster

~Thank You Based God~
The only sound besides the rain is the slight muffled sounds of footsteps and whispers from behind his door. A clap of thunder makes him tense as it reverberates across the land and fades as if it were never there. The clench of his teeth and the feeling of a faint sheen of sweat is the only thing that remembers. The rain patters against the window heavily making an type of escape out the PokeCenter useless less trainers and their Pokemon want to be faced with the dark of the night and the cold chill of the rain.

He's lying on his side facing the door watching as the light trickling from underneath his door sometimes blinks at him with the excited footsteps of everyone else who decided it would be a night of fun despite the insistence of sleep by nurse Joy. His stomach growls at him for the umpteenth time in the past ten minutes and he feels the slight rustling of the covers by his feet by his partner. His partner, Aelius, whimpers in his sleep and settles down quickly.

The room is nothing new and looks the same as the old Centers in the region--or at least the ones he's been too--and he can't help, but feel relief at the familiarity of it all. The white sheets that cover the bed; the shiny concrete walls that surround him; and the smell of always surprises him. It's not what most would expect out of a hospital. The smell of limes always seem to drift down into his room and it always lulls him asleep as soon as he hits the bed.

It's not the same anymore.

He swallows back a nervous chuckles as a bark of laughter reaches his ears and grips the covers a bit more tightly than intended. The smell now makes him sick with fear of the outside world and it only intensifies as the rain drops platter heavily on his window. Ever since they went missing it's been like this throughout the region. Actually throughout all of the regions. The Professors were their pioneers of hope. They always carried the candle of light that shone through the land and always seemed to have an effect on everyone and everything. Without them it's vanished. It's shocking how fast it took for the news to reach everyone.

He can remember the day the news hit the stations. The newscaster seemed shocked and silently contemplating as if he could not believe what had happened himself. As was everyone else to be honest. At first it was just thought they had left on a mission, but after some time it began to sink in. Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into....a year. The rallies held were violent as protesters screamed at the government for keeping secrets and Police were scattered everywhere.

It was scary to think that they had not gone one by one. No, someone had been able to organize an event to simultaneously capture each individual person at night. Leaving only a wrecked office and stolen papers and even scared Pokemon huddling in a corner with wide eyes and broken bones. Something that should never happen to Pokemon. Not to professors. Not to anyone.

Leon let out a breathe as at last his stomach won the round and slowly pushed the covers off of himself wincing at the cold air that hit his skin almost instantly. Aelius popped his head up and turned to stare at him. His dark brown eyes curious and attentive. Leon looked back and smiled weakly pointing to his stomach before pushing himself off the bed and letting his bare feet his the cold floor.

By then it was the beginning of the end.

Within the lobby, individuals of all kinds gathered around a little radio perched upon Nurse Joy's counter; though it went in and out of static, the channel it was tuned to managed to last long enough to get the updates out. The Nurse herself had her arms propped up on the counter, folded and her chin resting above them; her eyes flickered from the tiny antenna, projecting upwards and gathering fuzzy signals, to the diverse group gathered around it. Newbie trainers listened with interest and worry washed across their features, whilst Ace's and similar seasoned trainers sat cross legged and lounging on the various chairs and sofas spread out around the main room. The lights were flourescent and bright within the center, though outside it was notably dark, with the downpour occasionally illuminated by rare strikes of lightning; it was an intense night, and not just because of the weather.

Investigators are continuously searching for answers, desperate for anything that could aid them in unraveling the mysterous and unnerving disappearance of our beloved thinkers of the world. The east coast is flooded with volunteers and region officials alike, devoting themselves to hours and hours of endless contribution to put the general public's minds at ease, and bring those who've been missing for a little over a year now. It's a sad day nationally as the reports come back void of answers.

"Isn't it just awful?" Joy sighed, pushing herself away from the counter as a Chansey beckoned her to come to one of the back rooms.

Silence ensued, and as the static came into place of the prior man's voice everyone settled down a little, starting to disperse from their congregating when a faint beeping sounded on the radio, and instantly, everyone was back to their spots, shoving to get closer whilst Joy whirled around the corner, and struggled to crank the knob and increase the volume.

This just in - Lance, Champion of the Indigo Plateau, has been found brutally beaten and was promptly rushed to the Viridian city hospital. He's in severe condition and is being treated, but has not released how he sustained said injuries.

"Somebody beat up Lance?? No way!" A younger boy gasped, and his Pikachu mimicked it's trainers expression, though it was utterly clueless.

"Bet whoever took the Professor's tried to get to him, too," An older Ace commented, running a hand through his hair as he leaned back against the counter.

"Maybe this was the wrong time to start a journey..." A younger female's lower lip quivered, and she clutched her chimecho to her chest.

"Well, let's go find out who did it and nail'm!" Came a shout from a middle aged boy, overly ambitious and emanating determination. A few simply didn't respond, whlst others were getting that look of rebellion on their faces.

Naturally, Rae had to step in, kicked back on a sofa, legs propped on one arm and both of hers folded on her stomach. A little brown fox was curled up just underneath her arm, tail swishing in anxiousness as it listened to everything unfold around it, one ear perked and eyes half lidded. "Hate to squash your enthusiasm, guys, but if Lance can't beat'm, you won't last a second."

Everyone that'd been a little enthused turned and looked sourly at the brunette, and one piped in, "What, you think I'm not strong enough? I've got a fully evolved team of pokemon, seasoned and, we even beat Pryce from Johto!"

"My Charizard's adamant, he'll tear through opposition in seconds," Smirked another.

"I don't know what I could do, but I'd help some way... My Bayleef could heal team mates, I guess..."

"Were any of you even listening? Lance wasn't beaten in a proper battle, he had the lief beat out of him physically. Whoever he encountered wasn't looking for a gym badge or a championship, they were probably going to kill him but he miraculously made it out of wherever he was. These people aren't trainers they're dangerous," Eevee mewed along with her, nodding it's head in affirmation."That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to help, but you'' get hurt worse than a grown man with a personal trainer if you run into this situation fueled on heroism alone. Get what I'm saying?"

Volunteering is pointless, police have too much redtape, citizens are scared... Someone's gotta take a risk, go a-wall and use tactics. I think I'll go pay my respects to Lance though, he's a great guy and doesn't deserve this.

By the time he put his clothes on he's already aching to be back in bed. His feet are starting to get numb from the cold, so instead he slides his socks and shoes on minding the manners his mother told him before he left. Aelius sits on the edge of the bed, back straightened and ears perked. His face is expressionless and his eyes are unwavering as he looks gazes at the door. The only sign of life from him is the occasional twitch of a ear at the sound of a yell.

Leon turns towards him with a shy smile. He's wearing a plaid T-shirt and black skinny jeans to match, a rare commodity for him, but since he won his last battle he decided to treat himself. "You ready, boy?" Aelius turns to look at him with a blank expression before jumping down, the sound of his claws clicking on the floor as he leads the way out and pushes the door open with his snout. Leon follows dutifully and feels a prick of irritation before shaking his head pleasantly. Aelius don't look back as he leads the way down the hall using his nose to follow the spicy smell of snacks.

The hall around them is dark save for the light overhead yet it does nothing to quench Leon's slight nervousness. Aelius isn't perturbed and yips at Leon to hurry up. The yip is short and clipped as if Aelius is tired and just wants to get back to bed. Leon smirks at finally having disturbed his partner and looks away as Aelius looks back with a sharp swing of his head.
Of all Pokemon I had to get I had to get an ex army Growlithe, Leon sighs and shakes the thought away as they burst out form the hall and through main foyer.

Eyes turn to him instantly as every one takes him in mentally assessing him and Aelius. Leon's breathe catches in his throat and he looks away and stops at the door looking around if not to face them. Aelius blinks quietly before tapping Leon's leg with his tail forcing him out of his daze and leading him towards the fruit bar.

"What's up with him?" A voice reaches out from the crowd dismissively and he hears others agree. "Hey! Have you heard the news?" Leon stills and Aelius turns his head over his shoulder to gaze calmly at a blonde haired boy who looks a few years older than Leon walks up to Leon with a confident stride. His Nidoking is glaring at both of them and Leon suppresses a shiver as lavender eyes trail over him.

Leon licks his lips and smiles shakily. "Oh-I-no. What happened? Did they find anybody?" Leon mumbles the last bit as the boy narrows his eyes at him.

"No, they haven't. But apparently they've found Lance," He raises an eyebrow at Leon's gasp. "And that he's been beatebn to an
inch to his life."

Leon's mouth hangs open in surprise and he can't find the words to make anything out. "Lance? You mean the Champion Lance? How in the world did they..." He stops correcting himself. "Who beat him?"

The boy looks away as if in thought and turns to him with a grim smile. "They don't know yet. I'm guessing it's the same people who kidnapped the Professors if you ask me. Have you heard anything?" His Nidoking tilts it's head to the side with a strange interest shining in it's eyes.

Leon swallows and hears Aelius growl a low warning to the boy. Nidoking looks down in surprise as if finally noticing the him and looks at his trainer. "No, I haven't." Was the guy implying that he had something to do with it? Leon tensed and tried to make sense of what was happening. What in the name of Arceus could be going on through this guy's head that he thinks that Leon--of all people--had anything to do with something as big as helping out a kidnapper or kidnappers.

"Oh, that's...." He trails off as he glances at Nidoking.

"That's what?" Aelius takes a step in front of Leon and raises his haunches.

"Nevermind. Just keep your dog back alright?" With a quick grin the boy turns away from his and leisurely walks to his seat and with a sighs he sits down.Yet his eyes never leave Leon any time soon.

The radio buzzed on, emitting static sounds and nothing more. The small crowd that'd gathered had long since dispersed, though the chatter hadn't died down at all, much to Nurse Joy's dismay. It was late, but energy kept buzzing within the lobby, keeping everyone relatively wired despite the time.

"Lottie? Where are you off to?" Eevee hopped off of Rae's stomach, one ear quirked and her gaze pensive. Her sight was fixated on a ditsant Growlithe, one who'd taken up an agitated, protective stance before a male who seemed nearly her trainer's age. With light steps, she padded over to the canine, her empathy getting the best of her; after a few swishes of her tail, she greeted it with a chirp.

"You little empath," though she was reluctant to leave her spot, especially these days where kidnappings weren't that much of surprise, she couldn't just let her little baby run around by herself. Steadily, she rose to her feet, dressed in a patternless pair of sweats, dyed a soft, dusty pink, warm and fitted with a hoodie she rarely wore; her flats were beige and comfy, the entirety of her apparel was pastel and saccharine.

"Hey little guy, what're you all amped up for?" She asked the Growlithe, and pulled out a pokeblock, colored like a rainbow, holding it out as she crouched down on one knee, glancing up at who she'd come to know as Leon. With a quirky smile we greeted the male, "Mind if I share one with him? They're healthy, made'm myself."

Still reeling from the experience, Leon swallowed back a pensive cough and instead opted to flash a grateful smile. "S-sure...thank you...." Leon shook himself mentally forcing himself to clear up his mind like his mother taught him too and focused on the present. Of all things Leon hated in this world it was being confronted with the suspcion of something he didn't do. It was something about the way people assumed things about him that made him agitated and somewhat angry at both them and himself. He had done nothing of the sort to call for that encounter and yet just because he came at the wrong place at the wrong time the boy decided to mess with him.

Leon shook his head, ashamed at having been focused on himself for so long and bent down on one knee next to Aelius. Fur standing up and chest puffed out Aelius' was bigger than he originally looked. And that was coming from someone who had been told that his Pokemon was bigger than most Growlithe and that maybe the reason why was because he was bred to battle. Leon took in the chance to look at his partner for the first time that night. Darker brown orange fur than most and stripes that covered his body Aelius look and seemed...different than most Pokemon. His stance was cold and his eyes were narrowed in a rare display of anger that took even Leon by surprise. Leon smiled shakily at Aelius and rubbed a hand against his fur.

Almost at once Aelius turned to him with a look of suspicion and as soon as it was there it was gone. His body seemed to relax in a heavy sigh and his tail dropped down quickly as he tried to compose himself. Leon took his hand back quickly as Aelius moved away from and tried not to let it get to him too much. Of course Aelius didn't trust him enough..Aelius had probably wanted a Trainer who had more talent in battle and maybe one who was in the Police Force like his original Trainer.

Aelius took a step towards the smaller Pokemon and sniffed curiously before nodding looking around and started to survey his surroundings while ignoring the others. Leon stood up with a embarrassed smile and looked at the girl in front of him. "Sorry, he's a bit...uh...weird about people he doesn't know. But thank you for the PokeBlock though, that was nice of you to offer."

Leon took a moment of consideration before speaking again. "I'm Leon by the way. Leon Piotr."

"I understand. Foods usually the fastest way to befriend others," She laughed ablittle, and then tucked away the treat and rose to her feet, scooping up eevee in the process. The fox was quick to cuddle in her grasp, a ball of fur in the young woman's arms. The brunette hugged her tightly, and seemed to cradle her in almost a maternal manner, seemingly too affectionate to some, but when it came to her Pokemon, Rae just couldn't help it.

"Alright Leon, Call me Rae," she greeted, tucking her long, caramel hair behind on ear. She didn't use her last name due to her disdain towards family, unless it was official paperwork or whatever, Rae was all anyone was going to get. Rarely did she explain that, either.

"So," she started, usually the one to initiate conversation. "What're your thoughts on all the disappearances? I think everyones too addicted to the gossip, unlike them, I'm actually planning to go visit Lance... I'm not a league fanatic or anything, you know, I just think I should out of respect.."

'Veeeve', the little fox purred in agreement.

"Yeah, that does seem like a nice thing to do. To be honest I'm more curious...not about the gossip, but about who could be powerful enough to defeat Lance?" Leon sniffed as if went on. "I mean, doesn't it trouble anyone at all that somehow some group--an organized one--managed to defeat the League Champion and leave him? Why not just kill to send a message?" Leon trailed off as he put a hand to his chin as he pondered. Looking down he saw Aelius looking at him with his all natural blank look that signaled he should go on. "I just find it...weird you know? I mean why go through all the trouble of beating Lance and not capture him like they did with all the others..." Leon blinked as he sighed in defeat and finally shrugged.

"Sorry, I kind of rambled there. It's a habit when I get riled up..." Leon placed a hand behind his neck and rubbed softly as if grinned weakly. "Do you mind if we come? We don't really have anywhere else to go other than travel and we've seen all the Pokemon in this city so far." Aelius gave a warning growl and Leon glared at him quickly before looking away trying to focus on something else.

(Sorry for the short post I have to do something.)

"I know what you mean, I'm curious myself. Seems like you're really on to something, though... I wonder what message they're sending by not killing him, if there's even a message to begin with. Lance could just have slipped away by some miracle... Mmm, either way, I'm just praying he'll make it, he's a respectable gentlemen." She nodded, though she said it with admiration, not infatuation like most women her age. She'd never been infatuated with someone, and found it a complete waste of time quite honestly; emotional investments end up in heart ache, and that wasn't in her list of to dos. "Ramble on, I do the same thing, I just find out mid way no one's listening," She snorted, shrugging like it was predictable.

"Sure, why not?" Her eyes flickered down to Growlithe and she cracked a half smile, "You won't find travel companions as convenient as my team and I, guaranteed. We've got enough experience to cover our asses, but not enough to be cocky like most the Aces in this building," though she undoubtedly had quite a bit of admiration for the Ace trainers, too.

Rae flashed him her badge case, sleek, black and simple. Within, there were six of the eight Kanto badges, polished and shining. No, she wasn't bragging, just proving she was capable. "I'm a flanuer trainer, otherwise I'd've acquired the rest." Eevee meowed in response. "It's crazy outside, but we can head out tomorrow, yeah? He's in Viridian, so we'll be heading there."

The badge case was sleek and reflected gently in the dim light overhead. The black casing was simple yet elegant showcasing her talents as a Trainer and not just a journeyer. It was the badges inside that caught his attention and made him gasp if not by a little. Each badge was colorful and seemed brand new as if newly polished and Leon marveled at how many she had. It was one thing to have one, but six? He had never even seen what half of these looked like much less could gain them. Leon blinked as he nodded feeling foolish as he had nothing, but a simple Rock Badge to to show her. Even then it was slightly faded as if he had forgotten to polish it.

Taking it out quickly he flashed her the badge with a shy smile. "It's not much...It actually took me three weeks to get it." Leon admitted with a cough. "Having a fire type try and beat three rock types was the hardest part when I first started. I had to learn the hard way about typings...." His badge case was a simple white with silver etchings on it. It wasn't brand new nor was it old. It was something that was easy to carry and didn't showcase anything about him.

Pointing down at Aelius, Leon took a moment as he put his case away. "This is Aelius. He's my starter and my only Pokemon right now. He can be a bit of a jerk sometimes, but he's a good Pokemon once you get to know him." Leon laughed slightly as he took in Aelius' glare that was sent his way. "Thanks for letting us come. I'm about to head back to bed, so what time did you want to meet up? I was thinking that maybe around....10Am when the hospital is just getting started? That way we won't be crowded by groupies and other people."

"I still have to learn the hard way, I improvise most of the time, and winging it... Doesn't always ensure a win, though it makes for one hell of an adrenaline rush," She commented in response, absolutely not scrutinizing his lack of badges. "One badge is more than none, ya know? At least you have ambitions. Three weeks, I would've lost my muse."

They weren't the definition of someone's value, in her eyes, but she often flashed them people's way to earn respect quickly, and avoid any kind of comparison or long winded explanations regarding her capabilities. Her own victories hadn't been easy, and it wasn't until late that she really started to understand stats and characteristics, and their effects on the outcome of any and all battles. If she could say anything with confidence, however, it was that she was devoted to strengthening the bonds between herself and her Pokemon, which was why she only caught a select few, and wasn't interested in the pokedex.

Lottie yawned, and Rae did, as well. "I hate crowds, so I won't argue with you on that." She peered over her shoulder at the virtually filled up lobby, sighing a little as the couch she'd tried to procure for herself was taken by a line up of kids. But right then, Nurse Joy had called out her name, a soft spoken 'Rae' that indicated her Pokemon were fully recovered, and ready to be returned to her. "Ten it is, then. I'll be in room seven, just knock a couple times, I should be up, 'kay?" After retrieving her capsules, all unique instead of the average red capped pokeballs, she slipped the minimized spheres into her hoodies pockets, and passed Leon on her way down the hall. "Night, Leon."

(Feel free to skip to the next morning? As far as you like, we can write out them waking up, the walk there, or skip to their arrival in Viridian.)

((Yeah, that seems like the best way. Also, I'm going to timeskip till we're at Viridian City if that's okay with you :) )

He's on his back when he first wakes up. The rays of the Sun catch his eyelids first making him squint and furrow his brows i agitation as he turns on his side. The light passes over him warmly as if gently coddling him. A slight trail of drool hangs from his mouth and he wipes it away with a lazy and clumsy hand brushing it past and settling down as he mumbles into his pillow. The white softness a sweet heaven against his cheek and he sighs pleasantly.

"Growl." He shudders in his daze as a short, clipped yip us heard breaking through the quiet. The only other sound is the distant chirping of Pidgey as they pass by and even then they don't seem to wake him up. Leon knows what it means though despite his state of mind. It's always been like this every since they met and partnered up. Aelius waking him up at precisely nine in the morning with nothing, but a growl. It's rare if he has to actually touch him meaning that Leon is so bullied by his Pokemon that he gets up anyway. He sits up with a yawn, the covers piling against his bare chest as drowsiness washes over him. He looks over to Aelius through half lidded eyes and frowns as he glances at the clock.

It's 9:30 AM. Part of him is surprised at the time. Clearly Aelius let him sleep in late for Arceus knows why, but the other part of him is slightly excited by a prospect he can't quite remember. Aelius is standing over him, his tiny legs seemed swallowed by the thick covers. It doesn't seem to bother him though as Leon can tell by the steely look in his eyes as Aelius shifts his eyes towards the door.

"Fine..." He trails off softly as he covers a somewhat loud yawn and pushes Aelius out of the way gently setting him on his left. His fur is soft to the touch no doubt he had groomed for the extra thirty minutes and then remembered Leon. "Might as well get the hard part over with..." And with that he's on his feet and once again the cold seeps in through his skin.

-----

Pulling on his clothes form last night, Leon is grateful for the shower he had. It woke him up and this time he smiled to himself as he remembered his conversation with the girl before. As he's pulling on his shoes he mulls over her and her easygoing nature that seemed to strike him as enviable. Rae was it? He smiles as he nods to himself tying the last of his shoe string to fit comfortably on his foot. "You ready Aeli?" He calls out softly at the Growlithe who's back is turned against him. Where Aelius learned his habits he doesn't know.

Already having packed late last night he grabs his backpack with is extra set of clotes and the never used Pokeballs and throws a smile at Aelius. Aelius turns toward him with a nod and takes his position in front leading them both out into the main hall. The day is clear even though they're are no windows and everything seems lighter and not so scary. Leon feels a light bounce in his step as he travels to room nine. Aelius is calmer as usual, but Leon can tell that he too is excited. His tail is higher in usual in a weird display of his emotions.

They reach the room five minutes after they've gotten lost. Leon blames himself, but mostly Aelius as he stands outside of the room door feeling awkward all of a sudden. Both turn to look at one another and Leon shrugs as he settles down a small chair in the hallway. Aelius is next to him in an instant and jumps on top next to him licking a paw and rubbing against his ear.

'Vee! Vee! Vee!'

Rae continued to comb her fine hair shaded caramel, her brush gliding from the crown of her head all the way down to her hips at different angles to properly detangle and lengthen. Her topaz-brown eyes were fixed on Eevee as she bounced all over the bed, occasionally disappearing in the comforter, only to pop out again and greet her trainer with an energetic mew.

"You're just a little bundle of energy, aren't you?" The brunette flashed a smile as she tucked away her brush, to which her little fox readied herself in a lunging stance, wiggling her hind leg, tail swishing back and forth- with a spring of the heel eevee closed the gap between the bed and her trainer, landing in Rae's lap with a victorious cry.

Yet her ears were quick to perk up, and after landing gracefully on her feet, she padded over to the door and beckoned Rae's attention. "Mmm, must be them," She yawned once, swiped up her light weight hand bag and stepped out into the hall. Tugging at her vanilla, cashmere sweater, her large eyes scanned the hallway. With a smile in greeting, she acknowledged the pair she'd conversed with yesterday, "Hey, ready to head out?"

'Vee! Vee! Vee!'

"We'll grab breakfast on the way, our eating style is... very specific," She commented, and cocking her head towards the lobby. Last night, her thoughts had completely revolved around the disappearances- then again, when didn't they? She thought about it like she was an officer on the case, desperate to find a way to contribute past simply volunteering. Maybe Lance would have a suggestion- though, why a champion like himself would even go past greeting to trainers like herself and Leon, Rae couldn't understand.

Looking up from his hands, Leon smiled as he stood up quickly. Gripping his backpack in one hand and the other resting inside of his pocket. "Nice day out, huh?" He looked around for a second before nodding to Aelius who in turn barked a short greeting and slid down the bench. His fur already soft looking and Leon had to fight back the temptation to pick him up knowing that it would end up with him getting a scorched hand and a aggravated look.

-------

The walk itself wasn't bad. It was refreshing to see the day look so completely different from the previous and he marveled out how simple it looked. The day itself was pale blue with fluffy looking cloud dotting it occasionally. The colors seemed to blend together in different hues of blue that looked so natural it made Leon want to stretch his arms out and run taking in the fresh air. Aelius seemed to enjoy it too as he slowed down his pace to actually look around. It wasn't new now that Leon thought about it. Aelius always had a way of checking his surrounds before doing anything and seemed to always be listening for some new danger.

As the walk seemed to go on for hours he and Rae made small talk. It was simple chat and they got to know one another other than being two kids who decided out of the blue to take a walk. Chatting with her was easy and fun and it made him feel comfortable. Even if he stumbled over his words and sometimes tripped over a branch it wasn't humiliating or wrong.

He liked Rae even if he didn't know they were friends. "Hey," he began as the city started to come into view. "thank you again for letting us come with you. I appreciate it..."

Their stroll to Viridian had been far nicer than Rae anticipated, to the point where she'd more willingly engaged in conversation instead of striking up small talk for the sake of quelling awkwardness. Nervousness was something they both had in common, so it wasn't a trait either found odd; he stumbled over what he said and occasionally tripped, whilst she had to catch her breath and break down her own walls just to give him an answer. It was odd, but genuine, and that was not than what she could have hoped for. The pups seemed to be getting along well, too, so that was always a bonus.

"My pleasure, you're nice to talk to," She answered honestly, and once they'd reached the outskirts if the city, she peered at the welcome sign, and then let her gaze flicker from building to building.

"Trainer's school, Viridian gym, market place..." The hospital was nestled a little northeast of where they arrived, tucked within towering pines with a couple ambulance parked out front. There were some news reporters standing outside, but Officer Jenny was stationed at the door, denying their entry.

"Poor guy, even within an inch of his life the media's trying to bug him," She hugged Eevee to her chest, and cocked her head that way. "I'll buy some flowers in the gift shop, we can sign the card together, if you wanna?"

((Sorry for not replying earlier. I was busy))

Leon nodded silently as he watched the reporters scramble up on top of one another screaming at the doctors and nurses. "I think that would be great..." he trailed off his voice lost as the sound of beating wings flew overhead. Looking up he glanced at the sky watching as a black object seemed to come closer and closer the sound it was producing seeming louder than anything even from a distance. It beat overhead and glinted as the Sun cast a sharp glare from it's black body and Leon winced as it caught his eye.

The helicopter hovered overhead the hospital, the people inside leaning against the open door that led into the interior, and he watched as they seemed to be animatedly talking to each other. "Talk about publicity..." Aelius growled in agreement though it sounded clipped and looking down Leon felt a tug on his pants leg. Aelius looked at him and jerked his head toward the city and without another word he led the way into the city at a brisk pace. Well, as brisk as his legs could allow.

(No worries!)

The crowd had undoubtedly unnerved both Rae and her little Eevee, who positioned herself against her trainers chest so she couldn't see all the flashing lights; her ears were pinned down and she whimpered in dismay as the cacophony of voices increased upon their arrival at the hospital. Confusion littered the courtyard, and the mixed voices of different journalists and shoving of the paparazzi was overwhelming; it only worsened up in entering the building, though neither Rae or Leon had made.it past the threshold before microphones were shoved in their faces, and a cluster of strangers were shooting questions at them left and right.

"What're your names?"

"Are you sure to see Lance?"

"What's you're connection to him?"

"Have you any news of the patients condition?"

Rae was biting the inside of her cheek 'till it bled, her hatred for the media welling up inside of her. As much as she'd loved to turn around and bark back her own inquiries, she just grabbed Leon's arm and tugged him her way, maneuvering through the madness until they'd reached the receptionist desk.

"Can you ask for Lance's room number?" She asked Leon, and peered on her tippy toes over the sea of visitors to find the gift shop. "I'm gunna go buy some flowers."

Leon nodded as he gulped and slowly slid away from the crowd. His face felt hot with embarrassment as the cameras flashed in front of their faces each light bigger than the other and slowly he nodded as whispered a yes to Rae. Aelius gripped his pants in his jaws and pulled him away gently. The reporters gave him a curious glance and pretty red head seemed to jerk her head towards the hospital entrance. With a whispered thank you he slid inside almost at once feeling the press of cold air and the ever flowing stench of medicine that made him gag, He sighed nevertheless and tried not to look around at the sick and injured surrounding him and pulled his jacket closer to his chest as he began to sweat despite the chill. The woman in front seemed not to notice him until he stopped in front of her. Her hair was pulled back in a tight bun and her skin was a deep brown. Her eyes were a gentle brown and she smile at him pleasantly. Almost at once Leon felt safe.

"Hello, my name is Leon. Leon Piotr and I would like to send my condolences to Lance, the Pokemon Champion. Do you think there's any way I could see him....I'm with a friend. She's his relative..." The lie slipped past his lips easily and she nodded as she turned towards her computer with a gentle smile. Leon tensed as he began to think harder and harder about what he had done and wondered if she or someone else would find out about his...deception.

"Alright, he's in room 319 on the second floor. Tell his cousin to come right this way and I'll lead you straight to him. He's sleeping right now, but I just got news that he's awake and eating. I'll be with you shortly." She finished with a polite gesture and slowly stood up as if to signal that she would wait.

Leon smiled as his beating heart decreased and he nodded to Growlithe to get Rae and her Eevee. Aelius nodded and ran straight to the doorway and pushed his way out with silent pawsteps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back