• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy In the forest outside of town (always open)

((Redd is in the city. He just wandered off from all the other characters so he's probably moping around somewhere there haha))

((And where is your character? (I would go through this whole text but i'm writing a piece on modern slavery) )) 

((Redd is in the city. He just wandered off from all the other characters so he's probably moping around somewhere there haha))

((So I'll just start it off as her bumping into him randomly? Like, what is he close to?  :P ))

Redd tied his horses reigns to a rotting fence post just outside his small cabin built for two. He sat down on the creaky stairs watching people bustling in the streets, he pulled his hood down and wiped away a tear from his cheek. Doe-eyes neighed loudly, "you need water don't you boy" he mumbled pulling himself up and grabbing two buckets and a staff to carry them back once they're full. "What will we have today boy? Potatoes again? The meals of the poor. We don't live the way we used to do we?" He gave the horse a hardy pat on the neck and back and headed to the well in the middle of town, staff on his shoulders with the two old wooden buckets on either side. 

Dirk widened his eyes as he watched, then he blew some smoke out of his mouth "I appreciate the backup, Redd, but I don't wanna see blood today. You got some quick reflexes though" he glanced over at October and Izumi, "Yeah, well, this entire forest is weird. I've seen a lot of things around here..." the lips on his pale face curved up to a smile

October looked over at the man. "there are many weird things in this forest."

Redd tied his horses reigns to a rotting fence post just outside his small cabin built for two. He sat down on the creaky stairs watching people bustling in the streets, he pulled his hood down and wiped away a tear from his cheek. Doe-eyes neighed loudly, "you need water don't you boy" he mumbled pulling himself up and grabbing two buckets and a staff to carry them back once they're full. "What will we have today boy? Potatoes again? The meals of the poor. We don't live the way we used to do we?" He gave the horse a hardy pat on the neck and back and headed to the well in the middle of town, staff on his shoulders with the two old wooden buckets on either side. 

((im heading to bed- I'll try to sneak in a reply but I might now get the chance to... If I don't goodnight! :)

Kina had been staying at the cabin for the better half of two days. After being on the run from stealing a small apple from a corner shop, she had ran as far as she could and felt as if luck was on her side. Surprisingly enough, when she finally looked in front of her, a cabin stood there. She snuck in, as anyone would looking for refuge, and checked the house with every trick she could think of from the books and movies she had watched in her life. She made sure that the house looked secluded enough and finally felt safe enough to setlle down there. And yes, for the better half of two days she was calm. For the better half of two days she finally felt as if she was meant to be in that cabin, alone. But, as all good things do, the better half of those marvelous, secluded days ended, and she now found herself watching a strange man and his horse pause outside of the cabin. Was this cabin there's? What was she supposed to do? Run? Hide? And even if she wanted to; were her feet even going to let her leave her spot from the window, in paralayzed fear. Man, how differently Kina would have done things a 'better half of two days' ago.

images.jpeg

"A-as if! I'm not going to take orders from some ecclecsiastical junior chaplain as yourself-"

"And alas, you use titles as so? Old habits die hard, perhaps?"

"Sh.."

Scoffing at his partner, he swung his blade down among the shrubberies, slicing into the vegetation that blocked their way. Of course, deforestation wasn't his intent at all, though simply ivys wouldn't cause him to follow a different traversion nonetheless. He felt like some measly child in her eyes, and it was even worst that while this child bore tounge that spoke with formalities, he spoke to him complaisantly. It frustrated him, and he had to keep his gaze balanced on the two following close behind, his map, and the woodland pathway ahead of him. Civilization can't be considered far from where they stood, though the forests were dense, and perhaps camping out was the wisest choice as of now.

"Healing magic?  Implausible! Next to forestry, farmakeftios is my secondary. I'm sure we wouldn't have gotten far if I didn't know otherwise, though I'd at least like to believe my skills are sufficient. I don't know anything awfully complex."

Comically raising her free hand, she knocked on the side of her head a few times as if imitating the ardor of inaccuracy.

"Alas, elemental magic and summoning is far out of my reach, I believe that with your stance and articulation, you may even be well more informed than me! Perhaps once we come to encounter an area of respite, you can enlighten me! I'd be happy to learn any foreign material you have to offer."

"Hey, do you hear anything? I hear footfall as so..."

@Yura

@AnyoneInTheForestReally

Yura flinched a little at the response he got for his argueable, not to mention surprising sharp tongue.

"I..I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything." he said quietly mingling his fingers frowning sheepishly. 

After hearing the kind female's explanation, he continued. "Sounds interesting. And..I'm more than happy to share my strength..Although..umm.." he began blushing looking quite shy noticebly.

Having been cut off by his voice, Yura looked around despite looking embarrassed about his interrupted explanation.

October looked over at the man. "there are many weird things in this forest."

"so you seem to have the situation under control, right?" Dirk clarified as he took a small step back "whatever you did, it seems to be working" his fingers tightly curled around the piece of paper, curious to read it.

Redd's footsteps were heavy and loud as he walked back to the cabin with the staff on his back. He gave one of the buckets to Doe-eyes and took the second one in his free hand. He walked into his home which seemed warmer than usual. He had not been back for several years, but it was as if someone had been living in it. He took a deep labored breath and opened his eyes. Finally looking around his cabin. Someone has definitely been here. Redd took his upper body armor off, leaving himself in a tank top, several of his colorful tattoos showing. He was to have a visitor today remembering the note he had given to Dirk, not some stranger. The vague description of where he lived should be enough for Dirk to find him, but not now. This was more important if he was to have a handsome man come visit. His boots clicked as he walked through the cabin and up the stairs into his small closet like bedroom, his eyes met with the strangers. "Who are you, why are you here?" He snarled. 

Redd's footsteps were heavy and loud as he walked back to the cabin with the staff on his back. He gave one of the buckets to Doe-eyes and took the second one in his free hand. He walked into his home which seemed warmer than usual. He had not been back for several years, but it was as if someone had been living in it. He took a deep labored breath and opened his eyes. Finally looking around his cabin. Someone has definitely been here. Redd took his upper body armor off, leaving himself in a tank top, several of his colorful tattoos showing. He was to have a visitor today remembering the note he had given to Dirk, not some stranger. The vague description of where he lived should be enough for Dirk to find him, but not now. This was more important if he was to have a handsome man come visit. His boots clicked as he walked through the cabin and up the stairs into his small closet like bedroom, his eyes met with the strangers. "Who are you, why are you here?" He snarled. 

"Kina." She had quickly noted. "Kina Jones." Kina straightened her back, and tried not to seem completely terrified. Of course, Kina Jones wasn't her real name, but 'Jones' was the first thing that had popped into her head. Not like it mattered, though, she wasn't on any database. Kina smiled polietly, fear of the almost inevitable creeping up on her. "A-and I was in your house because Im on the run." She wouldn't lie to this stranger, it wasn't worth it. "I'm really, really sorry." She emphasized. "Okay? And I was just about to leave! The house is practically abandoned, s-so I didn't mean any harm!!"

"so you seem to have the situation under control, right?" Dirk clarified as he took a small step back "whatever you did, it seems to be working" his fingers tightly curled around the piece of paper, curious to read it.

October looks up at him "it won't last, I need someone with actual power to help me." *she tilts her head* "the demon inside her needs to come out before she does something she will regret." *looks over at Lily* "I know it's a lot to ask but go find the 3 traveling together." she pointed in the direction that they were. "One is name Yura, I hoping they can help. You can tell them I'll take them to town and give them a place to rest afterwards"

Lily shook her head a bit confused but sighed she had nothing else to do, she left them looking for a group of three people together.

October gently put Izumi next to a nearby tree and set her down so she was sitting up against it.  then she turned back to Dirk. "You don't have to stay, but you seem to be wanting a fight am I right?" she tilted her head a little.

@Knightling @Yura @Entarriance

Last edited by a moderator:
"Kina." She had quickly noted. "Kina Jones." Kina straightened her back, and tried not to seem completely terrified. Of course, Kina Jones wasn't her real name, but 'Jones' was the first thing that had popped into her head. Not like it mattered, though, she wasn't on any database. Kina smiled polietly, fear of the almost inevitable creeping up on her. "A-and I was in your house because Im on the run." She wouldn't lie to this stranger, it wasn't worth it. "I'm really, really sorry." She emphasized. "Okay? And I was just about to leave! The house is practically abandoned, s-so I didn't mean any harm!!"

He sighed and nodded, "I understand. But it really isn't convenient today. Come downstairs I'll try to find something to give you to eat. You look hungry." He pulled his tank top off as he turned away to walk back downstairs. His body was covered in prison tattoos and scars. "I haven't been home in a very long time." he grumbled walking downstairs.

He sighed and nodded, "I understand. But it really isn't convenient today. Come downstairs I'll try to find something to give you to eat. You look hungry." He pulled his tank top off as he turned away to walk back downstairs. His body was covered in prison tattoos and scars. "I haven't been home in a very long time." he grumbled walking downstairs.

She crossed her arms and planted her feet. "Oh, fuck no." She growled, her confident rising again, regardless of the scars and prison tattoos that threatened her with the idea of what his past could be like. "No offence, but a male dragging a female into a basement doesnt seem at all like a good idea."

He turned around, tears welling up in his eyes frustrated and anxious, getting angry "you came into my house. You're in my bedroom. Where my husband and I used to lay. All I asked was for you to come to the first floor to get something to eat." He punched the wall and stormed back downstairs, coughing violently.

He sat at the kitchen table, going through document after document. Newspapers, old letters, suicide notes. He wiped a tear from his cheek, got up from the table, leaving the papers there. He cleaned himself up and took off his muddy boots. Silently sitting back down at the table.

October looks up at him "it won't last, I need someone with actual power to help me." *she tilts her head* "the demon inside her needs to come out before she does something she will regret." *looks over at Lily* "I know it's a lot to ask but go find the 3 traveling together." she pointed in the direction that they were. "One is name Yura, I hoping they can help. You can tell them I'll take them to town and give them a place to rest afterwards"

Lily shook her head a bit confused but sighed she had nothing else to do, she left them looking for a group of three people together.

October gently put Izumi next to a nearby tree and set her down so she was sitting up against it.  then she turned back to Dirk. "You don't have to stay, but you seem to be wanting a fight am I right?" she tilted her head a little.

@Knightling @Yura @Entarriance

dirk had turned away to leave, his mind already wandering of to other matters. Upon hearing her challenge, he quietly paused and turned to stare at October with his empty eyes "are you kidding?" His pale face was humored "I only take on people my own size" the cherry of his cigar lit up brighter

October gave out a small laugh. She pointed to Izumi "This girl, human girl, has a demon inside her I plan to extract the demon and well you can kill it." She gave a sly smile. "It will put up a fight though, do you think you can handle it?" 

Izumi's eyes turned black the demon inside hearing everything getting upset now, "Do you really think it'll work?" She tilted her head and was laughing "You can't kill me without killing my host, and you can't pull me out, she asked for this. She wanted the power." Izumi body crossed her arms and sat there it had no intention of dying, but then again it didn't think anyone could kill it.

@Knightling

He turned around, tears welling up in his eyes frustrated and anxious, getting angry "you came into my house. You're in my bedroom. Where my husband and I used to lay. All I asked was for you to come to the first floor to get something to eat." He punched the wall and stormed back downstairs, coughing violently.

He sat at the kitchen table, going through document after document. Newspapers, old letters, suicide notes. He wiped a tear from his cheek, got up from the table, leaving the papers there. He cleaned himself up and took off his muddy boots. Silently sitting back down at the table.

She flinched at the punch, and was silent during the duration of his fury. Kina understood why he was upset, of course, but she also wanted him desperately to understand that she was looking out for herself. It was't her fault that he was obviously emotional and simply unstable- or, it seemed that way. She followed him down the stairs, before quietly sitting down in front of him and holding out her hand again. "Look, I'm really sorry. How about that, but I'm looking out for myself, you know?" Kina pushed her hair back. "So, do you maybe... want to talk about this...?" She mentioned, motioning at the suicidal notes that were scattered around the table.

She flinched at the punch, and was silent during the duration of his fury. Kina understood why he was upset, of course, but she also wanted him desperately to understand that she was looking out for herself. It was't her fault that he was obviously emotional and simply unstable- or, it seemed that way. She followed him down the stairs, before quietly sitting down in front of him and holding out her hand again. "Look, I'm really sorry. How about that, but I'm looking out for myself, you know?" Kina pushed her hair back. "So, do you maybe... want to talk about this...?" She mentioned, motioning at the suicidal notes that were scattered around the table.

He looked up at her, his eyes red. "This was who I used to be." he handed her an old newspaper The Red Assassin Finally Caught the headline read as he pulled his hand away, a haunting photo of him stained with blood was printed below the article. "remember me?" he mumbled, "probably not...nobody does." he became frustrated and collected the notes, letters, newspapers and documents and put them all back into his folder. "Shit, sorry this was a mistake."

October gave out a small laugh. She pointed to Izumi "This girl, human girl, has a demon inside her I plan to extract the demon and well you can kill it." She gave a sly smile. "It will put up a fight though, do you think you can handle it?" 

Izumi's eyes turned black the demon inside hearing everything getting upset now, "Do you really think it'll work?" She tilted her head and was laughing "You can't kill me without killing my host, and you can't pull me out, she asked for this. She wanted the power." Izumi body crossed her arms and sat there it had no intention of dying, but then again it didn't think anyone could kill it.

"sounds like a stubborn fellow" dirk walked closer and turned his attention to Izumi "so she's possessed, that's why she was so grumpy" he stretched his fingers "I can give it a try, when do we begin?"

October---*nods* "Yes, well I don't have magic anymore so I can't do it, I'm hoping when Lily brings the others here I can have them help."

she looks around hoping they come back soon. "If you don't mind me asking why do you want to kill?" She tilted her head and looked him up and down like she was trying to figure him out.

@Knightling

He looked up at her, his eyes red. "This was who I used to be." he handed her an old newspaper The Red Assassin Finally Caught the headline read as he pulled his hand away, a haunting photo of him stained with blood was printed below the article. "remember me?" he mumbled, "probably not...nobody does." he became frustrated and collected the notes, letters, newspapers and documents and put them all back into his folder. "Shit, sorry this was a mistake."

She forced a smile. "Of course I remember you!" She said, laughing nervously, lying, of course. "But, that's besides the point. Regardless, you're gay?"

She forced a smile. "Of course I remember you!" She said, laughing nervously, lying, of course. "But, that's besides the point. Regardless, you're gay?"

He nodded, as he sat back down, his eyes were sad and tired as he let out a sigh. "I wish I wasn't. Life would be better if I wasn't. Maybe I'd actually be happy with who I am then." he grumbled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back