• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: Ready to d̴̳͑è̸̜s̶̰̾t̴͔͝r̵̛̗o̵̜̅y̵̯͝ ̷͂ͅe̶̛̺v̸̯͋e̷͇̅r̶̤̉y̵͈͊t̶͔͊h̷̫̚î̵̫ǹ̸̩g̵̟̑

OUTFIT: Dave is wearing a replica uniform of one of his favourite pitchers, he had a prop baseball bat holstered on his back; this contradicted the pitcher’s uniform.

two
INTERACTIONS: Lee, Milly, Mack (sort of)

MENTIONS: Lee, Milly, Mack, Cal
two
TL;DR: Dave enters the house and gets ready to possible steal anything in sight.
two
Dave Aguillard
As Cal boosted Mack up in the window, Dave stood idly by. Waiting, watching, listening. He thought about everything that could be in the house. He heard stories, but never once did he account fact from fiction. The ghosts couldn’t be real, though. Ghosts aren’t real. Dave didn’t believe in the paranormal, and anything that had to do with it was obviously a sham to get kids to stay away from cool grown up stuff. Like, the boogeyman, ‘Ooh, be good or the boogeyman will get you’, it was all some jacked-up shit adults made up to keep kids like Dave in line. Yeah, Dave single-handedly proved the boogeyman wasn’t real. He made sure to be real bad one day, then he waited for it. Not much to his surprise, never showed up. A real big win for him, and the others he got to tell.

Alright, Dave might’ve been the reason for some real whippersnappers in the area; proving everything the adults said was a lie, enticing vandalism, starting small in-school riots.. but honestly, it was really all because he had nothing better to do.

He was about to answer Milly’s query about the ‘glass in the shoes’ thing. “Actually, I d-“ He honestly would’ve probably taken the offer, seeing how these were literally his only pair of shoes. But then, suddenly, Mack kicked the door open. Dave couldn’t help but laugh when she did, hearing Milly scream and everything. He didn’t mean to seem like a dick or anything, but hah. Scaring people is kinda fun. He trotted his way over to the door, hands in his pockets, acting all cool. To be honest, he didn’t expect her to kick the door open so violently. It almost gave HIM a heart attack. Almost.

“Well, are you guys coming or what?”

That got Dave’s attention fast. “Well, duh. It’s too late to turn back now. Not that I’d want to, or anything.” The boy answered with an enthusiastic undertone—Well, it was a small lie. A half-lie, really—He didn’t want to get in trouble, God, it was on the top of the Top 100 Things I Hate list. But, it’s not like anyone was going to snitch or anything. The boy’s dark eyes peered around inside. Number 27, loose foundation. Number 53, wallpaper. Things that pissed the boy off were everywhere. Good thing nobody lives here, if he really didn’t like something, he could just break it. On the other hand.. if he really liked something,

He could just take it.

Dave really wanted to check out the interior now, not giving a damn about the structure’s faulty.. well, everything, or about the things that made him upset, no. He had to see about what kinds of things he could steal. Well. It wasn’t technically stealing since the people who owned these things are kinda.. dead. More like looting, if anything. Oh yeah, free stuff baby. He might be lucky and get himself a new hat, or jacket, or- or- anything. He set a goal in his mind that he’s leaving this house with at least something. A souvenir, if you will.

As Lee went off into the house, Dave would follow shortly after. “Besides,” he began, his smile wide with anticipation, “He’s got my bat.” He said as he sort of thumb-pointed to Lee. “Which means I’ve gotta go with ‘m”. He turned and gave Cal a real quick thumbs up, a thank you of some sorts. And like that, he was following right behind Lee, ready to be the enticement to the best Halloween night you could get.

I'd say I told you so but you just gonna cry
You just wanna know those peanut butter vibes

code by valen t.

c8ed37cb375eafd7e87f2af070abbe2f.gif

Charlotte Chambers
tags: Taco Taco tamarapasek tamarapasek Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy Kirkodirk Kirkodirk BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda location: Whitechapel Manor - entryway
Michael shutting her down ended up putting a bit more of a damper on Charlie's mood than she might have consciously expected. Although she was in the same boat as him-- not wanting to even be near the godforsaken house-- at least she had the morbid curiosity to stay engaged. And, well, all their friends were far more involved as well. Keeping the evening posed on the topic of criminality was only going to bring the rain clouds in on them. She was trying. Part of her wanted to snap back at Michael, but clearly he noticed the way her posture visibly deflated-- although she managed to keep a slightly unbothered face. His hand on her shoulder was reassuring, carving a hole deeper in her gut when she looked up to meet his eyes. She offered a small smile in forgiveness, at least he saw reason at this point. If she could split herself in two, one half catering to the mischief in the group and the other safe and tidy back at Mack and Milly's, she would. The idea of being wrapped under some blankets, fingers sticky with candy and popcorn, was nearly enticing.

The sooner they got out of there the better. "Thanks Mike," Charlie said simply, twisting the pillowcase in her hands.

Although she had been plainly aware that Mack was in the house, running to the front door, her focus had drifted to Mike and the others in the brief conversation. The genital carved into the door had already discouraged Charlie from being overtly interested in any secrets the house may have, and in that brief moment between situations, she couldn't help but yelp in tandem with Milly when Mack viciously kicked the door out. Charlie was surprised that a door would swing outward like that, indefinitely reinstalling the curiosity within her. She felt Mike tug her back, and reflexively she gripped onto him. That same carving in her gut summoned, but Charlie shook it off as an extra dose of fear. She silently thanked him, looking to the others and making sure that no one had gotten caught in the wildly swinging door.

Cal made his way in, the others shuffling in slowly after. Charlie looked over to Lizzie, hoping for some verbal background on the place. As she was the resident Whitechapel informant, Charlie as curious to hear what she had to say.

The interior was beautiful, if aged. She noted the dark wallpaper, and the even darker hardwood that framed the baseboards and floorboards. Time had done its part on the house, and Charlie willed her eyes to close-- and maybe picture the place in it's glory. Cal made quick to start planning for the group to split up-- making Charlie snap her eyes open in alarm.

She opened her mouth to complain, moreso from a place of fear, but that niggling of curiosity zapped the traces of apprehension from her. In that moment, she wanted to see what the house had in store. They were already in now, half the trouble done. From the sounds of it, no cops were arriving immediately too. Maybe... if they were all careful...

Lee opted to head upstairs, and Charlie considered her previous statement of following behind him. She was no coward, but nor was she any kind of leader. Still, she wanted the chance to wander. If there was a basement, however, Charlie would dip immediately.

She looked over to Dave, who opted to follow the boys upstairs. It seemed that they could go a few ways. Upstairs, split two? Or upstairs and downstairs, split three?

"I--" Charlie said, her throat catching. She coughed a little, gripping her fingers in a death grip. "I think I wanna stay on the ground level. See what's around, you know? If there's any hidden staircases behind a portrait, you guys up there will know!" Charlie laughed a little, biting her cheek. Peering around once more, she noted several doorways and doors that splintered off to other areas of the house. A room behind the staircase took her attention, somehow seeming entirely too interesting.

"Why don't we have some go upstairs and some stay down here, just to see what's around? As long as there's at least two people together at all times, we should be okay, right? Buddy system, and all that," Charlie offered, perking up and gesturing to the others. "And uh, if anything goes wrong, or we see something really cool... why don't we whistle? Or clap a bunch or something. Something loud enough to bounce through this old place!"

whitechapelmanor.png
7dc084051ef13b74b3a91b58b3bce602.gif

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‎‎Deadwood, Oregon
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‎‎October 31st 1995
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Whitechapel Manor

I N † T H E † D E A D † W O O D S

Melissa “Milly” Fox

It’s easy to say that abandoned houses tend to creak, not in the creepy horror movie kind of a way, generally speaking, but more in the ‘oh shit, I should probably get out of here before this thing collapses on me’ kind of a way. Whitechapel Manor was the sort of house that made people with sense hesitant to even step through the doorway.

That said, Melissa stepped through anyway, ignoring the stupid creaking. It wasn't collapsing any time soon, and, if it did, they would be alright.

"So should we split up, to cover more ground, gang, or are we feeling a little too... 'apprehensive' for that," Cal’s challenge was a bit of a surprise to Milly, and despite her best efforts her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. His next statement however, did make her feel a bit better about standing in the foyer of a creepy mansion. Though not enough to wipe the frown off her face.

Mackenzie shot Cal an amused look as she wandered toward a random painting barely clinging to the wall. It featured some sort of farm landscape--a field of golden wheat. She squinted at it for a second before turning back to face the rest of the group, “Woah, woah, woah. You’ll be missing way more than me just kicking down doors! I also,” she paused to dig around in her candy bag before pulling out a can of green silly string, “have ghost detection spray!” Hitting the tab on the top of the can, Mack giggled as the string arched through the air before landing on Cal’s head.

“Oh my god, Mackenzie.” Milly groaned, her expression pinched in visible pain, “Put that away, this isn’t your hou--” She sputtered suddenly assaulted by a volley of silly string. Scowling, Milly glared at her twin and crossed her arms over her chest. Once again assuming the stance of an annoyed parent. She turned toward Charlie as she spoke, trying her best to keep herself from throttling her sister. Milly smiled tensely, nodding a bit in encouragement, "That's a really good idea, Charlie."

“In that case,” Mack drawled, “I’ll head upstairs with Lee and Dave.” She paused for a second, fidgeting with the fake fangs in her mouth as her slightly hopeful gaze shifted between Michael and Cal. She looked like she was going to say something but turned instead, moving to follow the other two boys up the stairs.

Milly heaved a sigh. “Alright, be careful!” She called as they headed out of sight. Turning to look between Lizzie, Charlie, and Michael, Milly bit her bottom lip anxiously, “Do you guys..maybe want to take a look down the main hall? Or um…” she paused for a second to shift in place, “Find the living room and sit down? If there’s anything to sit on that is.”

۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞​

Mackenzie “Mack” Fox

Mackenzie passed by cracked windows and mouldy, browned wooden walls with water stains seeping through the wallpaper like scars on skin. Slivers of moonlight shone from the outside, as if invited in to ignite the dusty hues of the second floor.

She stopped when she came to a collapsed doorway. Wooden planks barred her from entering. The boards were cracked and splintery, enough that she could tell it was recent. She approached, peering through the slats. From what she could tell, the room looked quaint in size, aging, and creepy. A small bed, fitted for a kid, sat at one end, with a broken night table plopped next to it.

Twisting around, she looked over her shoulder at Dave, “Want to see if any of those other doors are unlocked? I don’t know about you, but I kind of want to see what’s inside.”

Mack flashed him a smile before turning back to peer through the wooden boards. A pair of eyes stared back, gleaming with a baleful fire under cataract lenses. The scream that ripped from her throat was instinctual, as was the way she launched herself away from the door almost barreling over Lee in her haste to get away. Breathing heavily, she stared wide-eyed and in shock--terror evident in the babbling nonsense that fell from her mouth.

She took a gulp of air, rubbing her eyes with the heel of her palms. “Sorry, I--I thought I saw something. It...It was probably my imagination.” Mack laughed weakly, taking another breath before she allowed herself to lower her hands from her eyes. Clearing her throat, she started walking off toward another room--intent on not letting a little fear interfere with her having fun.

BELIAL. BELIAL. BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda Kirkodirk Kirkodirk yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy tamarapasek tamarapasek Taco Taco

the-end-of-the-f-ing-world-social-package

42ac4a5510b86c6dda76358f51986585.gif

Lizzie couldn’t help but feel a pit at the bottom of her stomach. She partially blamed herself for choosing smarter friends. If the group were all like Liz and Mack then she was sure that she’d have no doubts about going in. But when they brought in the Michael’s and the Charlie’s, it lead to some fighting. The worst part was actually caring about their well being. If Michael was just a passing face in the group then she’d be fine bullying him into it. But when she saw the expression on his face, the put in her stomach deepened. She wanted to punch him for making her feel guilty over living her dream. Yet at the same time she wanted to hurt herself for encouraging the group to do something that scared him. She shut her eyes, and looked away from Michael. Out of sight, out of mind.

“Thanks Michael.” She offered a polite smile to the boy, permitting herself to look at him just this once, before stepping inside.

Liz followed the group inside the building. She felt a pair of eyes on her, and turned around to see Charlie. There was usually one thing that she provided to the group. Horror information. “It’s been around since like 1900, and it’s work around 100,000 dollars.” She supplied, knowing the information was kind of boring, but slightly afraid that there was some kind of curse related to telling actual spooky stories in the building.

She took a glance at the room. Though it was beautiful, she didn’t care enough about interior design to fully understand everything. If only she could have been there when the Whitechapel’s moved in. As she began fantasizing about befriending Margaret Whitechapel she, along with Charlie were snapped out of their thoughts when Cal mentioned splitting up.

“But that’s how we get viciously murdered!” Liz protested, sure that her protests came as a surprise to her friends. She wanted to see a ghost not be a ghost. She had seen enough horror movies to know what happened when groups split up. She sighed as they carried on with their business wondering if this was how the worrywarts felt.

She glanced at the two groups. Eventually she decided that it was best to stay downstairs and comfort the more scared members. Though she was still curious about the house, she had a feeling that she would be the closest to a leader the group had. And boy did they need one. Someone had to be there when crying inevitably happened.

She glanced wistfully at Mack, as she got to explore with the more adventurous group. She even briefly considered following them upstairs, but decided not to.

She glanced around at her group. “So.” She began. “You guys ready to start exploring?” She attempted to play up her excitement. She had been the one to encourage this, after all. She couldn’t be a wuss and back out now! Her fake smile grew wider, the more she thought of running away.

code by yousmelldead

Michael smiled and tipped an imaginary hat to Lizzie as she passed him, "You're very welcome." He replied. He lagged behind the rest of the group as they made their way in, glancing back in the general direction of his home. His smile faded quickly and he felt a weight form on his shoulders. With a sigh, Michael continued forward.

The hair on the back of Michael's neck stood up straight and he could feel a change in the air as he stepped through the ancient threshold of the building. Everything felt much more...bleak. It was terrifying. He gravitated towards the wall to his left, inspecting the fractures and tears intently. He ran two of his fingers along the cold, cracked plaster that was revealed by the peeling wallpaper.

After snapping out of his short trance, Michael kicked a chunk of rotting wood as he rejoined the group. "This place reeks like death. But, then again, that might just be due to the fact that, y'know, everyone who lived here is dead."

He continued to take in the architecture of the building. It was all very elaborate, but that didn't make it any less creepy. It reminded him of a coffin, beautiful but ultimately grim. The decor that filled Whitechapel Manor encapsulated that perfectly.

"I think it's a little too late to back out now. We're already in here, might as well do some exploring." Michael responded to Cal. He rolled his eyes at at Lee. How did he plan on killing a ghost? Lee didn't even have a vacuum. Soon after, Mack pulled out silly string and began spraying Cal and Milly. Where she hid it, Michael had no idea. She had a way of smuggling things around, which was a worrisome skill to Michael. But the mischievous smile she had when she was doing something like this was intoxicating. Michael instinctively smiled whenever she did.

As their group began to split up, Michael had to choose which clump he was going to stick himself to. "I'm staying downstairs." Michael said, "Closer to the door and way more stable than upstairs."

He listened to Charlie and shook his head slowly, "Sweet, innocent, Charlie. If anything goes wrong in this hellhole, I'm sprinting out of that door," He paused to turn and point at the front door, which he purposefully left open, "And I'm not looking back."

As the two groups finalized, Michael was immediately pulled towards the group that contained Charlie and Milly, the two people Michael arguably liked most in the group, mostly due to their ability to think rationally. Liz was a plus, too. He had no doubt that she was knew the most about this unholy home and it's previous occupants.

Michael stuck his hands in his pockets and shrugged, "I don't really wanna sit on an old, dusty couch. Maybe we could--" He was interrupted by a muffled scream. His eyes snapped up to the ceiling above them and he practically slammed his back against against the closest wall, "What in the fuck was that?!"​

Tags:

Michael A. Gray

Last edited:

Charlotte Chambers
tags: Taco Taco tamarapasek tamarapasek Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater location: Whitechapel Manor - portrait room
Mack spraying her silly string seemed to be the stress defuse that Charlie didn't even know she needed. She smiled at the sight, unconsciously, and felt her shoulders relax a bit. If Mack was reliable for one thing, it was always lightening the mood. Even when things seemed scary beyond belief, like right now, there was always some amount of nonchalance in the other girl that Charlie could only dream about. She hoped they would be alright. Lee she valued most to look after the others. She wasn't blind to all the dumb stuff he usually did, but his consideration for Charlie and the others made her a little less wary that the entire group heading upstairs weren't going to absolutely tear the place apart.

Lizzie had made the comment about the place having been built in 1900. That seemed so long ago! Nearly a hundred years old! The blonde mused how much of the place had been up-kept by the town following the death of the family that had lived there. Were the planks still the originals? The windows? It only inspired the small amount of courage in her that had been growing steadily, motivated by the intrinsic urge to explore.

The element of fear still remained, no matter how much was zapping out of her like a small nick in a full balloon. Charlie breathed an outward sigh of relief that she'd be joined downstairs by the people she most trusted to not break any windows, or to start any trouble in the house. She couldn't say much for the friends that went upstairs, but she still felt a stab of worry. "Be careful!" Charlie called to them, echoing Milly, wincing at the thought of some floorboards breaking or any spiders descending on them. She didn't even want to THINK about the potential of ghosts. They weren't real, anyway. Right?

Liz brought up exploring, making Charlie hesitate, and Milly mentioned finding a place to sit. She opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by both Michael, and the muffled scream from upstairs. Charlie's head snapped up, and she felt her brain pinch a bit. Like a tuft of cotton was stuffed between her ears, squished around by the sound of the scream. She shook her head, placing two fingers on her temple to try and lighten the ache. It had been nearly invisible when they'd walked in, but something in the air was making her sinuses puff.

"It sounds like Mack, they're probably just trying to scare us," Charlie said with a pout, crossing her arms. "What, just because we stayed downstairs we're scaredy cats or something?" She furrowed her brows, exasperated.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm not going to let them make me think I'm more scared than I am," Charlie grumbled, tossing her candy bag over her shoulder and using it as an excuse to carry herself to that room she'd been fascinated with behind the stairs. She made haste, not looking back. An irrational anger spiked her stomach, and she didn't want to get mad at Milly or the others in their little group. Better to walk away in case someone made some comment that only amplified her own fear. Charlie wanted to enjoy the evening, she really did. Even if they weren't safe at home, they deserved to have a little fun. She deserved a little fun.

Entering the room, with a bit of stickiness from the door, she was surprised to see that it was mostly empty. A hallway type room, longer than it was wide. There were sparse furniture, just some chaise sofas and a couple plush chairs. A dead, hauntingly dark fireplace was pressed against the far wall. The room was still well furnished, probably with the same things that the Whitechapels had purchased when they built the place. Portraits lined the wall. There was only one window, and it barely cast any moonlight onto the floor. She made a pained noise, anticipating something to jump out from the dark. Rummaging in her candy bag, she remembered that one of the houses had given out some glowsticks in the candy bowl. She grabbed the handful, dropping her bag to crack them. The light was minimal, pathetic really, but connecting the few with the plastic elbow pieces allowed her to make a little crown. something to hold at least, or put on her head if she got so silly.

Probably not at this rate. But she wasn't a coward.

She thought she saw a shadow dart across the corner of the room, once she had looked up again, but Charlie shook it away as a trick of her eyes. She advanced on the portraits, catching her foot on a chair. Charlie stumbled, wincing out loud. She felt something scratch her ankle, and looking down, she rubbed at the sore spot. She looked back up to one of the portraits. It was a young woman, with curls of dark hair and a haunted face. The woman bore a smile, but the the acrylic chipped around her lips and jawline. She wore a high-collared dress, it looked closer to grey in the low-light and a great jewel sat at her neck, held up by a small chain. Charlie thought she was extremely beautiful. She looked like the lady of the house, like she held some authority. Or was it affection?

There were other paintings, but Charlie found herself drawn to this one.

MOOD: A bit disappointed, not gonna lie.

OUTFIT: Dave is wearing a replica uniform of one of his favourite pitchers, he had a prop baseball bat holstered on his back; this contradicted the pitcher’s uniform.

two
INTERACTIONS: Lee, Mack.

MENTIONS: Lee, Mack
two
TL;DR: Dave destroys the fuck out of a doorknob.
two
Dave Aguillard
Dave was wandering around upstairs with the two other ‘gang affiliates’. He was slightly distanced from the others, looking around at everything that his eyes could see, which was.. well, everything. He kept away from odd floorboards or cracked walls, unsteady beams or uneven roofing; the further from those the better. He found nothing of value quite yet, and nothing was really catching his attention that much. Damn. And he was really hoping for a cool dead-guy jacket. Or some dead-guy shoes like the kind you get at thrift stores. Or some dead-girl heels, he could try and run in those. ‘Imagine running in heels. Ooh, or skating in heels. Nice.’

”Damn, maybe it really is just a broken-down old house.” Dave said, slight annoyance and defeat in his voice. “You think that a house meant to keep people out would have something cool inside, yeah? Kinda like ahh.. you know, secret treasure or something“. The boy kicked around a piece of a broken floorboard, slowly peeling it back until it snapped off of the main board. It was then that Mack asked,

“Want to see if any of those other doors are unlocked? I don’t know about you, but I kind of want to see what’s
inside”

Dave looked up now, shrugging. “Ah, yeah sure. Not every door’s gotta be locked, y’know what I’m sayin’?” He flicked his black hair from his face as his dark eyes darted around. “Lee, you’ve got the bat, how ’bout you bust a doorknob? At least, one that we can’t open.” He turned around and placed his hand on a doorknob to open a door “Or, you could bust them a-“—or at least try—when he heard her scream out of nowhere.

He ripped the fucking knob off of the door when she did, as the sudden noise scared the shit out of him. He turned quickly, giving her a ‘bruh’ face while he shoved the doorknob back into place, using his hands to try and screw the knob back in. He gave up quickly, though, as he hated the idea of getting splinters. Or Tetanus, even. ‘God, could you imagine getting Tetanus of all things? Just like AIDS, just imagine trying to tell your doctor about that one‘. He tossed the knob to the side as he listened for her explanation;

“Sorry, I--I thought I saw something. It...It was probably my imagination.”

Dave raised an eyebrow, still looking sceptical. He rolled his eyes and walked over. “You could’ve seen a rat, or something”. Dave then smiled all wide, chuckling lightly as he said, “Orrrr.. maybe you saw a ghost!” Dave said, raising his arms in a monster-like way, arching his fingers to look like claws, too. He then dropped his arms to rest. “Ah! Haha!” He pointed at Mack. “You know what they say about love at first sight! You probably just got a ghost boyfriend!” Dave teased as he began to chant. “Mack’s got a ghost boyfriend, Mack’s got a ghost boyfriend!” He repeated, dancing around like some kindergartener before abruptly stopping. He huffed a bit. “Haha. Seriously, though. Don’t worry ’bout ghosts. They’re obviously not real. Like, sc-scient- scientifically, at least.” He turned around to retry and open the door from earlier, splintering and snapping another floorboard while he was at it. “But seriously, don’t scream again. ‘Girls screaming’ is number 3 on my list.”

code by valen t.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‎‎Deadwood, Oregon
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‎‎October 31st 1995
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Whitechapel Manor

Melissa “Milly” Fox

She was nodding along to Michael's comment, not wanting to sit on a dusty couch either, when a muffled scream penetrated the space between a suggestion in the making and his next breath. Milly froze, every muscle in her body locking in place as her gaze snapped to the ceiling above. Expression pinched in worry, she shifted in place, not knowing if the scream had been a joke or if something was wrong. She wouldn't put it past her sister to scream just to put them all on edge and Charlie said as much--the same brain cell obviously being passed between them. Milly managed a smile, but still looked a little worried, "Yeah, but what if..." She trailed off, looking between Lizzie and Michael for reassurance that her worries weren't unfounded, but Charlie was already blazing ahead.

"I don't know if we should be exploring too much, Liz." Milly muttered, rubbing the back of her neck as she reluctantly followed her friends into the room behind the stairs.

The stillness of the air seemed to suck even the sound of her footsteps into the darkness. At some point, Milly grabbed onto Michael's sleeve otherwise blind aside from the faint illumination of Charlie's glowsticks. She heard a chair move and her heart jumped into her throat, "Charlie? Was--was that you? You okay?"
Reaching into her bag, Milly fussed around blindly before producing her own neon green glow stick. She let go of Michael's shirt to crack it, shooting an apologetic smile his way before carefully wandering closer to Charlie. She couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right--that someone was watching them. But she told herself she was just being paranoid. The floorboards above them creaked.

Distracted by the noise, Milly stumbled over the same chair Charlie had with a soft yelp. Straightening herself out, she held her glowstick out in front of her, bathing the wall behind the chair in green light. The portrait of a handsome, but rather cold-looking man seemed to glare down his nose at them. For a moment she wondered who the guy must have been, but as her eyes tracked to the other paintings on the wall she began to realize who these people must have been.

"Is that Mrs. Whitechapel?" Milly asked, moving to stand beside Charlie as they looked at the same painting. The floorboards above them creaked and once again, she felt a rush of fear shoot down her spine. Surely the noises were just their friends walking around upstairs...right?

Shaking her head, Melissa was careful as she moved along the wall, shifting to the empty fireplace and the baubles on the mantle. There was a mirror above it, coated in dust and grime and cobwebs. But even so, she could still make out the reflection of the glowsticks. Standing on the tips of her toes, she ran her hand across it, wiping away some of the dirt. Her own reflection smiled wearily back at her and Milly's eyes lifted to see the others. It was too dark to make out the details, but for a second, she thought she made out four other shapes instead of three.

Milly whipped around, her eyes wide and features pallid. There was nothing there. Swallowing past the lump in her throat, she decided to move away from the fireplace and check out a door that lead into another room. Pushing it open with a eerie creak, she poked her head into the space but found herself unable to see much besides the vague outline of a really long table. "I think I just found the dining room!" She cheered, turning away from the door to look back at her friends.

A puff of air blew across the back of her neck and Milly screamed, dropping the glow stick as she launched herself back into the sitting room, "SOMETHING JUST TOUCHED ME! SOMETHING JUST TOUCHED ME!"

۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞​

Mackenzie “Mack” Fox

A rat. Sure. Rats had human-sized eyeballs. Her lips pressed into a thin line, hazel irises drifting toward the bombastic boy in the baseball uniform. Mack arched a brow, watching his antics with a bit of dry amusement. "Okay, first of all, ew." She grumbled, sticking one finger up and then another, "And second of all, I don't think that's how love works." Mack snorted, rolling her eyes as she kicked at a stray splinter of wood, "But I'll be sure to invite you to the wedding."

Flashing a smile, she laughed a bit as she raised a hand to flip him off. Forcing herself to move further down the hallway, Mack tried another door with no luck. "Wow," She drawled, "Only number 3? I'm impressed and flattered, really, to have my vocal cords ranked so high on the list."

At first Mackenzie found it hard to pin-point why she felt so unsettled. The temperature was a little cooler than seasonable and the hallway was a bit darker than she would have liked, but other than that nothing untoward had occurred. Besides the eyes that she thought she saw but Dave was probably right, ghosts were obviously not real.

The sound of a woodpecker hammering away at an old copper pot emanated from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Mack stopped to listen, brows knit together as she tried to place the direction of the sound. "What the hell is that?" She grumbled, staring toward the inky darkness at the end of the hall. On a hunch, she placed her hand against the wall and then her ear. The entire thing felt as if it were shaking, rattling in beat with the metallic hammering. Then it stopped. The house was once again silent.

Perplexed, Mack pulled away from the wall to share a glance with Lee and then with Cal. Before she could even open her mouth, the sound of footsteps tapping gently against creaking, moaning, wood filled the silence. A bead of cold sweat dripped down her back. "Hello?" Mack called out to the darkness, shifting herself back toward her friends as her heart began to hammer rapidly in her chest.

There was no immediate response. And the house fell still once again.

Swallowing past the lump in her throat, Mack forced an uneasy laugh, "Maybe I'm loosing it."

BELIAL. BELIAL. BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda Kirkodirk Kirkodirk yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy tamarapasek tamarapasek Taco Taco

42ac4a5510b86c6dda76358f51986585.gif

Charlotte Chambers
tags: Taco Taco tamarapasek tamarapasek Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater location: Whitechapel Manor - portrait room
"I think so," Charlie said to Millie; her fixation only broke from the portrait to squint in her friend's shape in the dark. "She's kinda got that Lady of the House look to her, you know?" Although it was a question, it was posed more as a statement. Charlie bit the inside of her cheek, looking at the other portraits. The one of the man that Millie was looking at made Charlie's stomach turn.

Her attention snapped to the ceiling as well, cued by the creaking of the wood. At least they weren't alone in the house-- which was probably the first and only time that Charlie would ever think something like that in an abandoned, possible haunted home. In the low-lighting, she gave the others an uneasy thumbs up. She'd taken on the role of encouraging adventurer now, so there was definitely no going back. No matter how much her chest constricted at the notion of anything happening in the house. If they came out of tonight disappointed that nothing remotely terrible happened, she would not lose sleep over it.

Charlie couldn't help but scream, however, when Millie did. It caught her off guard, for the most part, while her thoughts were consumed with overwhelming apprehension. She clutched her glo-sticks and on impulse chucked them in the direction of Millie. Watching them clatter to the ground, Charlie had her hands pressed tightly against her shoulders.

"Are you okay?" Charlie asked, blindly fumbling in the dark to the glo-sticks she dropped. "Whattaya mean something just touched you?" She squeaked, although effort wasn't lost to appear to be mostly unphased.

Bending down to grab the sticks, Charlie felt her hands shake.

code by yousmelldead

Michael was anxiously scratching his right index finger with the nail of his right thumb, so much so that it was starting to turn red from irritation. His eyes met Milly's for a moment when she glanced at him. He could tell she was concerned for her sister. "I'm sure she's fine, Mills. Charlie is probably right." He said, although he sounded more like he was trying to reassure himself rather than comfort her.

In a moment, Charlie was off to march deeper into the depths of the decrepit building. Michael had to give her credit, she was definitely more courageous than he was. Milly grabbed his sleeve and led him through the darkness, which he was thankful for. It gave him some solace. As they went further, Michael felt more and more scared of the darkness. He felt like it was swallowing them, like he wouldn't see the light of day again.

When the sharp sound of a chair scratching against the floorboards rang out, Michael reacted by jumping backwards and covering his head with his arms, eyes shut tightly. His first thought was that something was going to collapse. Then, after a few seconds of nothing, Michael's face reddened and he sheepishly scratched his head, internally scolding himself for being such a coward. As he did so, Milly went off on her own, probably to Charlie, leaving Michael alone in the darkness of the hallway.

He followed after her, moving slowly and with caution, as if the wrong step would cause the ground below him to crumble. He jumped again as Milly stumbled over the same chair. There were two pools of light, one emitting from Milly's glowstick and the other from Charlie's. It gave the hallway an even more eerie feeling to Michael, like it was cursed. He hesitantly walked towards one of the walls and shivered as cold air crashed over him like a violent wave. Fear was starting to overtake him, so he reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out his own glowstick. Without a second thought, Michael cracked it and was nothing short of ecstatic when the deep blue light slowly grew in intensity.

Michael glanced up to find himself under one of the many portraits that lined the walls of the hallway. He analyzed it for a minute, noting how realistic it looked. The painting was beautiful but sad. Looking into the eyes of the subject, who he assumed to be one of the daughters, a sense of guilt began to manifest in Michael's mind. He shook his head, "This feels wrong. I don't like seeing their faces." He said before turning his back to the portrait and focusing his gaze on the floor.

He was still in the hallway when he heard Milly scream. Full of adrenaline and panic, Michael ran through the sitting room, grabbing a loose brick from the floor, and towards his closest friend. When he arrived at the scene, he saw Charlie and Milly under the blue light of his glowstick. Michael raised his brick defensively and stepped between the girls and the door to the dining room. He knelt down next to Milly, "What happened? Who touched you? Are you okay? Is there someone else here? Did you see them?"​

Tags: BELIAL. BELIAL. Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater

Michael A. Gray

Liz bit her lip until it started bleeding a little. She was far too concerned over Mack, than someone who persuaded everyone to come should be. She nodded in a agreement with Michael, though she wasn’t entirely convinced. “It’ll be fine.” She whispered, hoping that it would manifest itself.

As Charlie vanished, she immediately followed her. Silently holding her breath, she hoped for the best. Since Michael had Milly with him, and she assumed they were staying, she decided to follow. She wasn’t comfortable with leaving any of the group members alone. It was Rule Number 1 of Horror Movies. Never ever split up.

As the sound of the chair scratching reached her ears, she turned around hoping to grab the presence she felt behind her. In a manner of seconds, she identified the presence of Michael and fell to the ground, failing to achieve her goals of either using him as protection or protecting herself by attacking. Awkwardly getting up, she dusted her pants, and pretended that none of it never happened. No harm, no foul.

She strode with a bravado that she didn’t really believe in. Learning from her mistakes, she stood perfectly still with the second chair sound. Her main solace was the lights coming from the girls. It made the experience much more fun, and movie-like than the actual darkness. It gave her some of her old confidence back, and was able to pretend that it was all a game. The only thing that would be better was if she had her own glow stick to light up.

Her eyes were fixed to the end of the hallway, hoping for a light switch. Since she had already heard about the house, and researched it continuously, she was aware of the paintings. Had she been on her own, maybe she would have gathered the courage to admire them, or even just actually look at them. As she walked more, and more she began to feel a searing pain near the back of her feet. Maybe using new shoes, was a bad idea. She sat down cross legged on the ground, and unstrapped her shoes. Maybe she’d get splinters, but it was better than staying in pre-broken in shoes.

Hearing Michael talk about the paintings, she turned around “It’s not that-“ she was interrupted by a scream. She dashed the hallway filled with purpose, and ignoring the rickety floorboards. While Michael had a brick, all she had was a notebook that she wasn’t afraid to use. Not even thinking, she threw the notebook hoping to hit something. As the book hit the wall, she dropped down to a kneel just a millisecond before Michael. As he interrogated Milly, she nodded furiously in agreement. “Is there someone in the room?” She added. “What happened?”

MOOD: ver y very angry grr angry angryryrry

two
INTERACTIONS: Mack

MENTIONS: Mack
two
two
TL;DR: back at it again at Krispy Kreme.
two
Dave Aguillard
At the faux wedding invitation, Dave clasped his hands together and raised them to the side of his face as he chirps happily, closing his eyes into the daydream of being the best man at a wedding. “Ooh, really? I’ve never been to a wedding, I bet they’re real nice. Well, I was invited t‘one, but-“ The boy’s rambling was cut off as swiftly as it began when the opposing girl raised a gesture to him that could knock anybody’s mood. Dave’s left arm dropped to his side but his right swing quickly to cover his mouth, creating a comically shocked look. He laughed it off, hoping she didn’t mean it maliciously.

The boy adjusted himself to a more casual, ordinary look as he continued to gaze about the house. The longer he looked the more his patience thinned. Though not initially an issue, as he was blinded by excitement, Dave began to recount for everything that really pissed him off. This house so far totalled about 20 items of the 100-capped list. Of course, the REAL list was much more extensive, but 100 should suffice for those who cannot begin to compare to the true and undeniable greatness that Dave was.

Yes, he regarded himself so highly that he believes he is truly intellectual to his peers. Though, he’d play along and be their friends—Well, at this point it wasn’t playing, seeing how he’s actually their friend, but— It really wasn’t that bad. Look at it this way, these are the few people in the world that really know how not to suck at everything ever.

Anyways, enough about Dave. Just kidding, more about Dave. So, Dave continued to attempt searching for items to nab. Even if it wasn’t something he wanted, he would take it. He imagined himself in front of a cheering crowd as he proudly announces that he went to Whitechapel and made it out alive with a keepsake. He seems to be particularly easy to distract, daydreaming again already. Once more, he was snapped out of his trance when the sound of banging emanated from what seems to be the walls.

No.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, no. He held his head in an attempt to drown out the sound. God, you wanna know where ‘repetitious banging sounds’ falls on the list? Number 8.

After the chaos, Dave’s attention looked back up as he shook his head. Though, in doing this, his hat loosened a bit to the side. The boy crossed his arms and tried to think of an explanation. Though, I guess you could say some people don’t think silently. Dave surely didn’t. The boy started to tap his sneaker against the floor, beginning to ramble now, “Seriously. I though this would be fun and all, but let’s get real. All we’ve had happen is basically as close to ‘nothing good’ that you can get.” He’d state with air quotes.

“Honestly, I think we should just bust this joint. I’m not chickening out, or anything, but-” He’d cut off. His face then turned into a slight smirk. “Oh.. I get it. Mack, you’re not loosing it. Get this,” He’d begin. “Think about it, some of us didn’t wanna even enter the house, actin’ all scared-like. What if now they’re trickin’ us just’a get us outta here?” He’d accuse, placing his hand on his hip. “Really, you know how easy it is to get into the walls of a house? If you don’t, I’m sure I can kick some loose drywall out the way.” He’d pause. He was more-so trying to get a good excuse to break something out of frustration.

”Besides. The wallpaper is hideous.”

code by valen t.

whitechapelmanor.png

Melissa “Milly” Fox

“I mean something touched me!” Milly replied with more than a touch of fearful exasperation.

When Michael spoke, Milly looked at him as if he were a radio and not a person who could be interacted with. It was as if the words were circulating her mind, a response sitting at the tip of her tongue, yet prohibited from being spoken. “I--I don’t know,” she finally whimpered, wiping at bleary eyes and shaking like a leaf. “I don’t know,” Milly repeated helplessly, beginning to doubt that she had experienced anything other than a cold draft.

“It felt like someone breathing on the back of my neck---I---I don’t like that room.” She raised a werewolf-gloved hand to her mouth, watching her frosted breath through the light of her glowstick. When had it gotten that cold? Her stomach knotted as a wave of uncertainty crashed over her.

“I feel like we’re being watched…” Milly shifted a bit in place, utterly terrified but trying her best not to show it. “I--I think it’s time to go.” She mumbled, glancing up at the sound of wood creaking over their heads.

At first the furniture around them rattled like a freight train just passed, skewing the paintings on the wall and shaking the baubles on the fireplace mantle. Milly looked at Charlie, then Michael, then Lizzie, eyebrows raised and eyes wide. Then all at once the walls seemed to move with such force that the portraits fell off the walls. Glass shattered. Metal against metal screeched and twisted in on itself, bending into the sounds of children screaming just before a deafening crash.

“What was that!?” Milly moved out of the room before anyone could answer, holding the glow stick out in front of her as concern for her sister overrid any ounce of self-preservation she might have had. “Mackenzie!?” She called out, keeping her voice just below screaming, “Dave!?”

Rounding the dining room table she thought she heard something coming from another hallway. It almost sounded like tapping. “Are you guys okay!?” She yelled, “Hello!?”

Wood rattled behind her and Milly turned, searching for the source of the sound. For a second she thought she heard her sister’s voice, muffled, coming from an eerie green door at the end of the narrow hall.

What she assumed to be the basement door towered above her. Melissa released a shaky breath. Dread and anxiety deadened her mind and body--keeping it locked in a frozen state. Squeezing her eyes shut, Milly grasped the doorknob. The cold metal sent shivers up her already quivering arm. Deep breaths. Her heart ricocheted off her rib cage and she turned the handle as fast as she could, opening the door like ripping off a band-aid. Peering into an infinite void, Milly suddenly didn’t feel all that brave.

۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞​

Mackenzie “Mack” Fox

“Are you telling me this isn’t fun, Davey?” She teased, snorting out a laugh that sounded more forced than usual.

“I won’t disagree with you there.” Mack muttered, pulling at a piece of faded floral print. “I sure as hell ain’t gonna stop you from knocking a couple walls down.” Shrugging, she continued to walk down the hallway again, swinging her candy bag over her shoulder. “But…” A tap; A creak of wood; A step. “I don’t know, maybe we should go...”

Mack stopped dead. She could hear her pulse banging in her ears and there was sweat dripping down her back. It sounded like someone walking with a cane. Turning in slow motion, Mack stared in muted horror--waiting for something to justify the overwhelming urge to run. At first she didn’t see anything but the natural darkness of the hallway. But then something swung out, darker than darkness itself, and after it followed a bare foot--attached to disturbingly long legs.

“Dave?” She whispered, grabbing at the sleeve of his jersey and giving it a panicked tug. The rest of its body stepped into focus, boring into them with gaunt soulless eyes. “Wh-what the fuck??” Mack’s voice hitched a few octaves, automatically stumbling back a few steps. Something in her gut told her to run. The cane slammed against the floor again and the freakishly tall man began to bend at the waist--stretching toward them. His jaw fell open, like it was a door that could be lifted off its hinges, and the air was rent with an angry, rumbling, scream.

“Go, go, go, go!!!!!” Mack yelled, pushing at her friend as the two of them took out down the hallway. The sound of tapping began to get faster. Her heart jumped into her throat. Knowing they were going to have to hide, she began tugging at doors frantically and without luck. Rounding the corner to the next hall, the sight of a small elevator hatch in the wall was a godsend.

“In here!” Mack hissed, pulling at Dave’s sleeve again as she squished herself into the cramped space. When she was certain he was inside, she closed the dumbwaiter door and slapped a hand over her mouth to keep herself from breathing too loudly.

She had lost any sense of how long they’d been there, each second was an eternity--praying that whatever that thing was, it wouldn’t find them. Her legs began to cramp from crouching too long, but she didn’t dare move. Not even to ease the pain.

“Do you think it’s gone?” Mack asked in a cowardly whisper, fingers to her lips, hiding behind her hands. A sudden jolt of the dumbwaiter had Mackenzie frozen in place, staring at Dave in silent horror. She opened her mouth to speak only for the snap of a metal cable to punctuate the silence. The screeching of metal on metal drowned out the sounds of her screams as they plummeted into darkness.

BELIAL. BELIAL. Kirkodirk Kirkodirk yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy tamarapasek tamarapasek Taco Taco

7TgH.gif

36e8ff453bdd689b474adeccddcb6c51.gif

Charlotte Chambers
tags: Taco Taco tamarapasek tamarapasek Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater location: Whitechapel Manor - basement
It was one thing to say you were brave-- the charade, the scripted reassurance-- and it was another thing to be brave. Charlie prided herself on having those foundations somewhere deep in her heart, probably. She knew right from wrong, her inner monologue was often accented by shouting and harsh opinions, and she had the odd moment or two of breaking her cement-thick shell. Walking in darkness and walking in silence was fine for the girl. Gazing at old portraits, tripping over dusty furniture and staying in arm's reach of the group was easy as well.

But with the walls beginning to shake, with loud noises and very supernatural things happening? It was quick to her head, hammer to the skull style that made her scream loudly. She dropped her things, placing two fists into her eye sockets and trying to squeeze out the terror. She wanted to cry, not giving a crap what the others thought, and she shuddered her way through gasps of air. It didn't help that Milly had been talking about her experience, positively building the tension in the room. Her eyes squeezed shut, trying to close herself in as to not become collateral to the falling objects off the walls and furniture.

A single, hot tear rolled off the corner of her eye once things settled down. Charlie's gaze darted across the room, fighting to actually settle on one of her friends. Milly made quick, already at attention, although Charlie was lost in the whipping wind of thoughts in her mind. A wave of emotions settled over her, most of it anxious, but she had no idea how to compartmentalize. All she was able to do was whimper quietly, clutching her neck and her chest.

She ran out of the room, away from the direction of the others, back into the original hallway. Charlie couldn't explain the urge, she simply just moved her legs. The innermost desire to scream, hide and find a way out prevailed.

Taking a deep breath once she came to a halt by the stairs, Charlie bent over. She let a small sob escape, fear still settling in her stomach. Squeezing her eyes shut, she rubbed the back of her neck; hands clammy and skin cold to the touch.

The sudden, repetitive thudding came from behind her. It sounded heavy, in a way, though the hollow tapping caught Charlie's attention. Slowly she turned over her shoulder, and saw a small, painted boll roll down the carpeted stairs. Bouncing over any obstacles, it came to a stop by her foot. She sniffed, perplexed, and upon looking back up the stairs, was met with the broken, black gaze of a rippling form between the poles of the railing. Wide, yellowed eyes stared back at Charlie. Two little black hands wrapped around the poles, the air around it seeming to melt and bend.

Before anything else could happen, Charlie let out a scream. Her heart squeezed in her chest, fighting her esophagus, and she bounded quickly down the hallway. It was a narrow hall, with a door at the end with Milly standing squarely in front of. Charlie barely noticed. She just kept running, hoping to catch up to her friends, but suddenly felt something small and round beneath her foot-- again.

The ball, was the last thing she thought before she careened forward, toppling over herself, and crashing right into Milly.

She wasn't sure what become of Milly, inbetween all the confusion and pain, but Charlie felt the cold cut of cement stairs biting into her back and limbs as she toppled down. It all happened so fast, a blur of darkness and blooming light from the back of her head. Charlie didn't even scream, words trapped in her chest. Despite the upending of her own sense of up and down, she managed to cup her head with at least one arm as she fell down the stairs. The fall seemed to last forever to the girl, until a blooming pain of the bottom step smashing into her forearm woke her up from the daze.

Her head snapping against the concrete was something else as well, and though she didn't lose consciousness, she remained silent and still.

code by yousmelldead

Michael glanced at the door behind them as Milly spoke. A pit formed in his stomach as Milly described what she felt. It made him curious. Terrified, but still curious. He put down the brick and subconsciously rubbed his arms to warm them. It felt like the room suddenly dropped to below zero temperatures. "Yeah, I feel like we're being watched, too. Let's just grab the others and get the fuck out of here." He said, returning his attention to the girls.

As things began to shake uncontrollably around them, Michael's heart began to beat faster and faster. Something was happening, something supernatural. It was horrifying. Michael, frozen with fear, watched as Charlie and Milly ran and screamed wildly. That certainly didn't help his nerves.

Snapping out of his daze, Michael grabbed Lizzy by the wrist and dragged her behind him as he ran towards the main entrance. He hauled her through the hallway until he tripped over a certain chair, diving straight into the shattered glass that now littered the floor. He yelped as shards of glass tore into his bare arms and laid still for moment, whimpering as he tried to steady his breathing. He pushed his himself onto his knees and watched as blood trickled down his forearms, first as a few stray drops and then as streams of crimson. His glowstick, which lay at his side, was starting to die out so he couldn't see very clearly, but he could make out at least a dozen small cuts and lacerations across the underside of his forearms. Sharp pains in his hands told him that they were similarly wounded.

Michael could be squeamish at times, especially when it came to seeing blood. He shut his eyes and let out deep, shaky breath before standing up. It took every ounce of willpower that Michael left to keep himself from vomiting. He grabbed the glowstick from the floor and stuck it into his mouth to free his hands, gagging from the coppery taste of blood. The warmth of the fresh blood was a stark contrast to the frigid air that swirled around them. It just made that much harder for him to forget about his injuries.

Continuing towards the front door, this time much more cautiously, Michael had a very bad feeling. The door was still wide open, just as he left it. It seemed almost too easy. Just when it seemed that freedom was within reach, the door slammed shut with enough force to crack the and splinter the decaying wood. He fell backwards onto his butt and scooted away from the door. As a familiar scream rang out from close by, Michael instinctively flinched. He half-expected to die right then and there, until he recognized the scream as Charlie.

Spitting out his glowstick, he scrambled towards her and watched as she darted into hallway. Against his better judgement, Michael decided to follow her. He arrived at the top of a staircase that led into darkness. Cold, vast, horrifying darkness. He opened his mouth to call out to Charle, but the words were stuck in his throat. Blood dripped off of his fingertips in an almost rhythmic pattern and he swallowed his fear, or as much of it as he could, and began to brave the steps to the basement.​

Tags: BELIAL. BELIAL. Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater tamarapasek tamarapasek

Michael A. Gray

Liz nodded, as she listened to Milly. She sat on the ground making eye contact with her. She tried to fight the feeling of absolute terror within her. She didn’t deserve it. This was her fault, and she had no right being scared.

As she listened to Michael, she tried her best to keep her voice calm."For once you’re right. We need to find Mack and the others" she stood up facing Michael.

Only for her to instantly fall on the ground. As she rose to a crouch, she could only stare at the floor hoping it would suddenly just end. She wasn’t sure that she had the strength to stand up again. As the girls screamed and ran away, she struggled to stand up again. Not her best moment.

Luckily for her, Michael grabbed her arm, and basically saved her. As they dashed through the hallway, they collapsed into the glass chair. “Fu-“ she groaned as the shards punctured her bare feet. She kneeled down beside him staring at his arm, feeling panicked. “Does it hurt?” She asked trying her best to appear strong, though she could feel the blood leaving her feet. She started to regret leaving her shoes behind.

As Matthew struggled not to vomit, she struggled with how to handle the pain, and comfort him. Ordinarily, she would have just given him a pat on the shoulder, and made a joke, but that seemed wrong. She wrapped her arms around him pulling him into a tight hug, before helping him stand up. Then it was her turn. It was incredibly hard for her to stand up, since the injury was in her feet.

She followed him to the door, mouthing out “fucks” with every step. If they made it out alive, she thought she’d be lucky if her foot didn’t have to get chopped off. She tried her best to focus on Michael(Who was much more ahead of her), and the door. As the door shut in her face, she felt like crying. They were so close to gone, and it was over in a flash. She fought her years, not even registering the screams until a few minutes late. Then it clicked. “Charlie!” Her eyes widened, running towards the noise, and trying to fight the pain.

She followed Michael, who followed Charlie. She owes it to her. She wanted to go to the house the most, and it wouldn’t be right if she was the only one to make it. As they reached the top of the staircase, she glanced over at Michael. She wanted to make him her scapegoat for being a coward, but when she looked at him, she saw his will to go down. For her peace of mind more than his, she grabbed his hand as they walked into darkness. She couldn’t risk losing him in the basement, and this seemed like the best option.

MOOD: absolutely terrified
he is losing it

two

two
two
TL;DR: fear
two
Dave Aguillard
Dave, as insinuated, was soon to bust a hole in that hideous wall. Though, it was right as the boy reached the prime of his position, that the worst possible thing would happen. Dave’s expression went to that of a reckless smile to that of confusion as he turned his head in the direction of a sudden noise. His expression quickly became fearful, his eyes widened and his mouth opened slightly in a gasp. The air felt heavy, time felt like it just paused. The initial shock of the figure made Dave’s heart pound. He didn’t know what to do. His mouth formed odd shapes as he tried to piece together a sentence, with failure falling short behind. The boy could only get a few vowels out in the form of stutters.

He felt stiff, his eyes still locking with that of the unknown creature’s. A million thoughts rushed through his mind, yet nothing at the same time. He began to sweat, to tremble, his composure faltered, and his foot that was to kick the wall in fell straight back down. He didn’t even notice when Mack pulled his jeresey, as he was frozen from shock. It was then that the monster began to contort. Though it could’ve passed for human before, there’s no way that was possible now.

It felt like hours passed as Dave watched the creature, but the hour would be cut short by sudden movement. Dave came back to reality when he felt himself ushered. Dave was initially locked in place, but with a little push in the right direction, He was already going. He began to run with his companion, sharing likely the same fear, if not more than she. His eyes began to burn as they filled with tears, his lungs as they began to heave, he was kicked into overdrive.

The whole moment was practically a blur to him, but he wasted not another second waiting around once the shaft came into view. Dave practically threw himself into the small space, curling up quickly to give himself just some room. Mack closed the door behind them, and Dave’s dark eyes darted themselves to watch it. He held himself, shaking slightly. He was sobbing silently, his eyes twitching slightly as they tried to hold back the hot inevitable tears that’d fall down his cheeks.

It was dark, and frankly, thIs landed on number 17, dark room. Number 39, small space. He didn’t register what Mack said as his fear heightened at the movement of the door, his heart practically stopping as it did. He felt the small space shift, and before he could say a word, they were falling. God, they were falling. Dave couldn’t help himself now, screaming as they did. The last thing Dave wanted to do was die in a small box in a gross old mansion. Let alone, in the same spot as someone who potentially had cooties.

code by valen t.

whitechapelmanor.png
tumblr_m6gs3umwbz1qedb29o1_500.gif

Melissa “Milly” Fox

There was something about the basement that made Melissa unquestionably uncomfortable with the situation she suddenly found herself in. Charlie had toppled into her, launching both girls down a steep set of concrete stairs and into the unsettling ombre monochrome of darkness. Milly winced against the pain in her back, rolling to her hands and knees as her eyes struggled to focus. The aroma of damp mildew and sodden wood crawled low under the suffocating mustiness and organic decomposition that pervaded her senses.

“Charlie?” She whispered, reaching out with trembling fingers toward the prone body of her friend. “Are--are you okay?” Milly hissed as she crawled forward, her entire body feeling as if it were one giant bruise. Her glow stick had skidded across the concrete to tuck itself against a wall a few feet away, broken and oozing luminescent goo. Just as useless as her brain felt in that moment.

“Oh God, please don’t be dead.” Milly whined as a desperate edge crept into her voice, elevating it a few octaves. Her hands cautiously roamed to the side of Charlie’s face, framing her cheeks between her palms as she tried to figure out if the other girl was still breathing. Milly’s bottom lip warbled, “Charls? Can you hear me?”

Shoes echoed on the steps and loose chunks of pebbled concrete skipped and skimmed into the blackness. Melissa’s gaze lifted to the top of the staircase, relieved to see Michael and Lizzie descending toward them. With the glow sticks, their silhouettes were more discernible than they had been only a short while before and Melissa mentally thanked their lucky stars for having them. She didn’t want to imagine what this might have been like without any kind of light source. Leaning back on her heels, Milly wiped at the tears leaking down her face and took a deep breath.

”Help! Help us! We’re trapped!”

The sound of her sister’s voice echoed off the basement walls, faint but loud enough for them to hear. Milly couldn’t tell from which direction it came, but if she had to guess it probably came from ‘the back’--wherever that was exactly. It was hard to be sure when the glowsticks only provided so much light.

“Sit tight guys, we’ll be right there!” Milly called back, turning her attention back to Michael and Lizzie. She pressed her lips into a thin line, terrified to go further in and not willing to leave her best friend on the floor while she went to retrieve her troublesome sister.

“I’ll stay with Charlie, could you…” Milly paused, to weigh the words in her mind before lifting her head to look up, “Could you and Liz go make sure my sister is okay?”

۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞​

Mackenzie “Mack” Fox

When the dust had settled, Mackenzie was so surprised that they hadn’t died that she spent a good thirty-seconds hyperventilating in silence. There was another rattling sound, not nearly as violent as before, and the heavy metal door dropped open with a deafening bang. Mack flinched but didn’t move, acutely aware of how dark it was. She didn’t know where they were, didn’t even know if it was safe to get out, but being in a cramped metal compartment with Dave wasn’t something she was particularly interested in being subjected to for longer than necessary.

Tossing her glowstick out of the hatch, Mack slowly unraveled her limbs and lowered herself to the floor. The dumbwaiter had jammed somehow, preventing them from flattening into pancakes but also made getting out a lot more difficult than getting in.

The moment Mack’s feet hit the ground, she snatched up her glow stick and stretched--trying to shake out the numbing tingles that had consumed her limbs. “Holy crap,” she whispered, finding her voice amidst the shock and adrenaline, “That was crazy. How are we even alive?”

Rubbing the back of her neck, she took a deep breath and regretted it--choking on the stale stench of mold and decomposition. Mack pulled her shirt to her nose, trying not to gag as she slowly turned to look over at Dave--waving her glow stick in the dark. “You okay, buddy?”

BELIAL. BELIAL. yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy tamarapasek tamarapasek Taco Taco dmgink dmgink

c91eedde260ce5b1844c75648902a53c.gif

MOOD: Scared, but he really tryna hide it.

two

two
two
TL;DR: This guy is really gonna fake it till he makes it.
two
Dave Aguillard
The whole moment was a blur. The deafening screeching of both the shaft and Mack, it was overwhelming. Dave didn't even notice it when the shaft made it's abrupt stop, the boy was too far into shock to notice half of the events going around him, even. His mind was trying to make sense of what he'd just seen, if it was even real. It had to be. Mack saw it too, which means that it had to be there. But, what was it?

Dave crawled out of the wreckage, still trembling from the aftershock of the scene. His hands and clothes became dirtied as he hit the ground. He blinked a few times, but just stayed still there for a while. He couldn't speak. He was at a loss for words, his senses, everything. He wanted to shake this off like some kind of nightmare, but down in his gut he knew that wasn't true. Things like this don't happen in real life. Monsters aren't real..

Of course. Dave's head was low as he was on his hands and knees, his hat lost somewhere in the wreck no longer kept his hair bound, the dark locks hung down in a mess. A small smile crept onto the boy's face as his dark eyes tried to adjust to the faint lighting of Mack's glowstick. He let out a light scoff. He wouldn't be caught dead in this state, he wouldn't give up his pride. He rose to his knees as Mack questioned his wellbeing.

"Of course."

He said, shoving his hands to his pockets with outward cockiness; the truth was that Dave only set his hands away to avoid looking afraid with trembling hands. "Why wouldn't I be?" he asked rhetorically, flicking his hair away. "The solution is simple, we make our happy little way up the stairs and straight the fuck out of the front door. I'm sure everyone's got the same idea."

code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back