• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy In the Dark of the Night [Private]

[class=PostBox]width:80%;height:auto;min-height:330px;padding:10px;border:3px double #ffffff;margin:auto;border-radius:10px;position:relative;[/class] [class=PostName]height:26px;border-bottom:double 4px #ffffff;border-bottom-right-radius:90%;border-bottom-left-radius:90%;margin:auto;text-align:center;font-size:25px;margin-left:210px;margin-bottom:-10px;[/class] [class=PostImg]width:200px;height:320px;float:left;overflow:none;margin-right:10px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=PostBox]border-color:#61BD6D;background:#444444;color:#ffffff;font-size:12px;line-height:17px;[/class] [class name=PostName]border-color:#61BD6D;letter-spacing:1px;[/class] [class name=PostImg]background:url('https://i.postimg.cc/2yV5mq2f/Lillian-Evans.png');background-size:cover;[/class] [div class=PostBox][div class=PostImg][/div][div class=PostName]Lillian Evans[/div][div class=Credit]Created by @IdyllicDreamer[/div]
It tickled her that he was about to mention it yet again, only... he didn't, confusion painting her features as he went and completely ignored her for one of the books. She almost didn't know how to take it as he just went ahead and read. Books broke his need to validate his ego? It would be then that she saw the expression on his face which was just shocking. She knew he enjoyed learning, but she didn't exactly expect how much he loved books. Though perhaps she should have, considering how deeply he had been diving into reading even on the tablet.

"This is the library on campus, it seemed like... a good idea to bring us here." Lillian's voice was a bit muted at the moment, not wanting to speak too loudly in the quiet space as she followed him. While she wanted to take care of things she also... just wanted to give him a minute to take things in.

"With printing presses and stuff books became a lot more accessible since they could just be copied instead of needing to be hand written." It was probably rare for regular people to know how to read back whenever he was from, even.
[/div]

“A library? What an fantastic name. And they have more of these? Just books upon books everywhere?” She quickly explained what he was wondering and laughed. “You have no idea! I’ve had to kill people for manuscripts before. I had to use magic to copy every single word onto my own, hand-made parchment... incredible.”

This was his new favorite place. He went around and just picked up random books here and there until he had a large pile in his arms. “how long can we stay? I’d like to read all of these.” he asked with a smile.

[class=PostBox]width:80%;height:auto;min-height:330px;padding:10px;border:3px double #ffffff;margin:auto;border-radius:10px;position:relative;[/class] [class=PostName]height:26px;border-bottom:double 4px #ffffff;border-bottom-right-radius:90%;border-bottom-left-radius:90%;margin:auto;text-align:center;font-size:25px;margin-left:210px;margin-bottom:-10px;[/class] [class=PostImg]width:200px;height:320px;float:left;overflow:none;margin-right:10px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=PostBox]border-color:#61BD6D;background:#444444;color:#ffffff;font-size:12px;line-height:17px;[/class] [class name=PostName]border-color:#61BD6D;letter-spacing:1px;[/class] [class name=PostImg]background:url('https://i.postimg.cc/2yV5mq2f/Lillian-Evans.png');background-size:cover;[/class] [div class=PostBox][div class=PostImg][/div][div class=PostName]Lillian Evans[/div][div class=Credit]Created by @IdyllicDreamer[/div]
She really wished that she could have said she was surprised by that, to know he had been killing people over books in the past. Trying to ignore that, considering he hadn't killed anyone here thus far, it was nice to see he was passionate and excited about something. Briefly she wondered if she should have called him a nerd, teasingly of course, and then explained what that was. The idea of it was a bit amusing...

"You can check some books out of the library, like... thirty or so, and then you have a couple weeks before you have to bring them back." Lillian suggested, since she really didn't want to be here for the rest of the day depending on how long he actually took to read. Over the last few days she had hardly paid attention to how long it took before he got onto something else on his tablet.

"And we can always come back, during the free time between classes we could easily come here. I usually like eating during one of them but, if we're careful and sneaky I can probably get away with eating something in here." While she wasn't enthused about spending so much time in here, but, if it kept him happier she could deal with it.
[/div]

he looked at her absolute shock covering him face. “they let you borrow the books??? Oh Lillian you have to get some more for me!! I must have as many of these books as I can!! It won’t take me long at all to read them!!”

He gasped, putting his books down and running to some other books he saw. He ran here and there, looking at some books and picking up others.

Okay it was starting to get a little terrifying now, it was almost as though he were a little kid in a candy store at that moment! Was he going to be okay? She had a feeling that had he been human living in this century he could have ended up one of those people who die buried under a stack of books. Obviously that was another thought she wasn't about to share with him right now. Though perhaps this was the perfect time to share such things, with his love of books... she was getting an idea.

"Alright, alright, get a stack together and we'll check them out for you, and you can send them to my apartment." Otherwise carrying that many books around... it would have been a nightmare. Not to mention it would have gotten far too much attention as they dealt with other things, it he was already going to attract enough as it was she was sure. After all he tended to have that appeal to most people...

"But just remember this next time you randomly dislike me okay?" As if that would work.
[/div]

He beamed as she gave him permission to use her store of books as well. She blinked and suddenly he had stacked up all the books and had many, many new ones. “Can I send them home now?? Or must I wait?? I’m sorry I don’t know how this works I’m just- I’m so jubilant!!!”

He laughed some more. “You’re so funny my companion!! Now what did you need to do, hm? May I assist you in some fashion?” Needless to say... Fuudien was in a GREAT mood.

It was starting to get a little frightening now, he actually seemed happy, and that was more terrifying than anything else. Maybe this had been a huge mistake, he hadn't even tried delivering any kind of insult since they had arrived here! How in the world was she even suppose to take this right now? Would he always be like this in the library? She really needed to do something about this or it would just be... a nightmare.

"Well, we need to go check them out at the front desk, I'll take care of half... and then the rest will be under your name." It was like they had completely traded places, he was the cheerful one and she was just completely disturbed. Cringing slightly when he actually called her funny of all things, and his companion no less!

"Let's just... just hurry." She would lead him through the process with the librarian to check the stack out, the both would get a bit of a look as well since it was a little fishy.
[/div]

“astounding! Wonderful news!” he excitedly checked out the books, thanking the librarian a dozen times over for letting them borrow such “precious goods.” She seemed weirded out along with suspicious by the end of it. Finally they were done, walking outside with the books.

“Let’s go find someplace empty so I can transport my books to our home. Then we can do what you needed.” He said, smiling at his books.

There was another odd detail in it all that she happened to notice, that was the second time he had called her apartment home. Which was... an odd thought really, she never would have expected him to consider that place home in any sense of the word. Did he understand the typical 'warmth' that was usually applied to a place a person would refer to as home? She hardly considered the apartment home, but it was a suitable stand in while she needed it to be. While she wouldn't admit it, it had seemed a lot nicer lately...

"Uhm, actually... here this should make it a bit easier. Go ahead and send... them.... now." As Lillian spoke she would have glanced around at first, before starting to concentrate for a moment. Weaving a bit of an illusion around them to both give the appearance of them walking off with the books to those who could see them, as well as a sort of one of them walking to where they were now. A kind of trade off, anyone paying too much attention to them might have noticed it but to anyone else it likely wouldn't have even registered.

"I can do some things!" And this one thing happened to be a lot more convenient than looking for a hiding space.
[/div]

He watched her weave an illusion around them and smiled. “Indeed...” He sent the books away, then gently took her hand. “You know, I think I’ll have to teach you some better spells. You have so much potential...” He stared deep into her palm, smelling the magic lying dormant in her blood. If she worked hard enough, she could be quite the sorceress someday.

“so! Where to now?“ He let go of her hand.

It was too creepy, everything about his behavior was just so wrong that at this point she was starting to wonder if she was having another nightmare! Potential. It was something nice from him, instead of the usual playful insulting jabs. She almost preferred him angry to this, and not in the slightest because he was kind of cute when he was like this. That had absolutely nothing to do with it, and was most certainly not a thought crossing her mind.

"I think you trying to eat me was less terrifying than this." She remarked there, had she entered the twilight zone? some kind of upside down world? It certainly felt like it, and before Lillian could say anything else she heard a mischievous little chuckle from just behind them. A familiar one at that.

"Oh ho! Eat you? Here I thought you said you two weren't a thing!" It was Allie, and what horrifyingly fabulous timing she had. Lillian just ended up cringing a little there, regretting every word she had just spoken.
[/div]

He chuckled for a moment before hearing her friend. Sighing, he turned to her. “No Allie we- We aren’t having sex that was just an odd thing she says to me.” He smiled at her. “But enough about us! How are you? I apologize if I scared you back at the mall, I’ve just been very stressed lately. All this ‘moving in’ stuff.”

Lillian has explained a bit more to him so he could talk about their fake story if anyone asked.

It was a little less enjoyable, for Allie anyways, when he wasn't unintentionally feeding into the idea more. Of course she already knew they weren't, Lillian had assured both of her friends that it was absolutely nothing like that, and that he was certainly the last man she would ever sleep with.

"Oh I know silly, Lillian told us, but I wouldn't be one of her best friends if I didn't poke fun at her!" Allie said with that same mischievous grin that she had when she first spoke up. Lillian wondered for a moment what she might have been planning, and if Cassie was working with her...

"And I'm just peachy keen, and don't worry about it we all have those crazy days right? What about you two, how are you both doing?" Lillian had woven a bit more magic into it, to lessen the impact, make it easier to manage. After all that fight had been a bit... extreme. Fortunately they didn't see the entirety of it.

"I'm doing well, I had to come by to take care of something and thought I would give Dien a little bit of a tour before he officially starts." Sticking to the cover story, and explaining why they were both together. She was going to need a lot of excuses for that, there was no way to stop the potential spread of ideas considering how inseparable they truly were.
[/div]

He nodded, thankful that they didn’t think the fight was that bad. He considered that Lillian might have used some magic on them but he wasn’t sure. He always forgot she could do magic since she barely used it, and she didn’t seen like the type to use magic on her friends. But then again, he barely knew her... yet.

Fuudien waited for Lillian to respond first before he nodded. “Yes, she’s just showed me this wonderful ‘library.’ I had no idea you Americans put all your books into a place where people could come borrow them! It’s just lovely.” He laughed softly. “I’m glad you’re doing well Allie. Would you like to help Lillian show me around? You go here as well I assume?”

Lillian was cursing herself at that moment for not explaining to him before that libraries could be found around the world, hopefully things would work out well enough and Allie wouldn't end up digging in too much on where exactly he was from. It was also strange seeing him continue to be so nice, wondering if it was simply because of his joy over the library or if it was just because he didn't hate Allie for no reason.

"I would love to! That is if Lillian doesn't mind~" Again Lillian was cursing, in her mind of course. Of course she minded but she couldn't very well say that! They were so not prepared for this kind of thing, any of this, it was just going to be a great big mess more than anything. Though, of course, he was probably going to be seeing her friends more, they would no doubt get to know him at some point in time... This was hell.

"Of course not why would I mind??" She lied with a smile on her face, only to be surprised as without another word Allie would decide to latch onto one of his arms, hugging it in a way as if that was how she intended to be a tour guide. Up close and personal. Allie was always a bit more forward of the three friends, up front about things and certainly not shy. Still it was just... the sight was another dose of terrifying that she simply couldn't wrap her head around.

"Well if you liked the library then I bet you'll love the astronomy building! Come on this way~" This was going to be a long day.
[/div]

He looked to Lillian, smiling lightly. This time he didn’t invite Allie to spite her. He assumed she would want a re-do if the other day, some time where she could be with her friend when he wasn’t being a pest. Though when she told Allie it was alright, it sounded as if she was lying. He frowned slightly. Did she not want to be around her friend? He frowned deeper. No, she didn’t want her friend around him.

“Yes that sounds great.” He poked Lillian as they walked behind her, then raised his hands silently to ask what he had done wrong now.

Of course he picked up on it, why wouldn't he pick up on it at the worst possible time? Cassie probably would have too, to be fair. Allie was the little airhead of the group, some things could go over her head, while sometimes she seemed to catch even subtle things. It was very strange, right now she seemed distracted though which was convenient. Lillian really didn't want to explain what was wrong right now... She wasn't even entirely sure herself.

Which was why at the poke, the silent question... she just shook her head. Trying to send as many 'not now' vibes as she possibly could, and then hopefully by later he would have forgotten about the whole thing and she could safely move on. Yes, that was the best solution as far as she was concerned since she really did not want to be having this conversation!

"So I was wondering what are you even going to school for Dien?" Allie would ask after rambling a little bit about the astronomy building, mostly about her favorite room where a person could see projections of the solar system as if they were actually out in space.
[/div]

She gave him a face and shook her head. He sighed. They needed to work on their communication. Or at the least she should have explained to him who she liked to be around and when.

Turning back to Allie, he listened as she went on about the astronomy building and something called “projections.” He would have to ask Lillian about that later.

“Study? Oh well... It’s a bit complicated.” He looked to Lillian for help.

"He's studying American Culture, and how its such a hotpot of ideas, but he keeps getting distracted by everything hence why its a little complicated." Lillian spoke up seamlessly, which was actually only half a lie. He was indeed studying the culture to a degree, enough to blend in better instead of giving away that he was a demon. Besides that seemed like a good thing to suit a 'foreign exchange student'.

"Oh that's pretty neat! I guess it is kind of its own culture isn't it? I've never really thought about that..." Allie added afterwards, seeming genuinely interested. She liked learning too, mostly about people though, which was probably why she was studying psychology. No one likely would have expected her major, which actually tickled her a little.

"Well if you need any help I happen to be American born and raised, and I'm great at one on ones~" Her tone was a little more playful, with a wink supplied following it. Lillian had made it abundantly clear that she wasn't interested in him, so Allie didn't see any harm in flirting a little... She felt her mood sour just a little bit more there.
[/div]

American culture? That was clever, actually, since he knew nothing about it. He wondered though if that would be possible. If that was truly something he could learn at this school, he probably wouldn’t be able to take it. He had to be around Lillian all the time after all. The curse wouldn’t let them get far apart... or at least they hadn’t tried to see if it would. That would be a different conversation.

Allie, while clearly not the brightest, was nice and he didn’t mind talking to her. She seemed to be flirting a bit with him, making him chuckle. If only she knew. “Oh? Maybe you could teach me a bit sometime~” He flirted back a little. He was bored and he didn’t intend to do anything with her. It had just been a while since he could be admired by a woman.

When she woke up that morning Lillian had thought today would be a good day, things had quieted down, an odd rhythm was starting to form, and her spirits had been looking up. By this point all of that had come crashing down, and it came down hard. Why was all of this happening? Why her? Because she had just happened to touch a door? She didn't think she honestly deserved this much suffering from one little mistake, especially when he hadn't even done anything extremely vile since coming out!

"What about this Friday? At, say, Eight or something~? We could go to an all American steak house, get you a good proper look at some more of the culture..." She actually asked him out on a date right then and there, Lillian couldn't believe how forward she was! Then again, this wasn't the first time Allie had moved in quickly, the girls had even made jokes about how much of a 'bird of prey' she could be at times. Swooping in on the unsuspecting.

It had never bothered her before, none of this had ever bothered her before. Yet right now she practically couldn't be more annoyed. There was nothing she could say here to prevent the situation, not without giving Allie the wrong idea... or making everything more awkward. Hell she couldn't even understand why she was feeling this way, it was all so very wrong.
[/div]

“Friday?... Id love to, I really would, but with all my unpacking and such, it’s really up to Lillian. She doesn’t like her apartment full of boxes, so I don’t know.” Friday??? What was a Friday?? He knew Lillian’s hold was stronger than his, so this time is really was up to Lillian. If she didn’t want him to go, he physically couldn’t.

He looked to her, nudging her. Lillian seemed a bit out of it, an shocked look on her face. He hadn’t even done anything...

Really, he was going to leave it up to her to decide this for him? It was horrible, awkward, and the worst possible situation she could imagine, but she couldn't decide for him if he was going to date a girl, or sleep with them, or anything like that. It just put her in the worst imaginable position since she would literally be stuck with him through it all. The exact same was true for her, which was why she had already determined single and unhappy, not exactly alone since... well, he was going to be there!

"Up to me? Its your life its not like I'm going to stop you." She said in a joking way, trying to cover up the fact that she was unhappy about all of this. She couldn't put her problems on Allie, and it wasn't as though she could just say 'Hey he's a literal demon you shouldn't date him'. Allie herself had an odd look on her face by this point, trying to figure out the dynamic between the two of them really.

"Perfect! Well, I'll... well I don't have your number so I'll text Lillian the address and she can give it to you, and you can meet me there at eight!" Now Lillian just needed to figure out how she was going to be there, without actually being there, because there was no way she could explain this whole terrible situation.
[/div]

He could practically feel her unhappiness boiling up inside her. Well, he sort of could feel it. A pit was forming in his stomach, a faint feeling of annoyance. He rolled his eyes and put his hands on his hips. What was he doing wrong? He was acting very nice, not killing anything, and he was making her friend very happy. Honestly, was there anything he could do to make her satisfied?? He was beginning to think she hated him for just existing as he hated her.

Her response got him to smile, and he looked to Allie. Now it wasn’t completely his fault that they would have to work something out. He didn’t really see the problem with Lillian just joining them, but it did seem like Allie only asked him.

“Right, her telephone. I have yet to get one, so you’ll have to send Lillian all the messages I need. Sorry.” He rubbed his head, acting as though it embarrassed him. “I’m quite excited though. I’ve never been to a steak house in general, let alone an american one.” Sliding over to her side, Fuudien took Allie’s hand gently. “You were telling me about some projections? What are those?” He glanced back at Lillian, chuckling softly.

It just kept getting worse, when he started walking next to her, holding hands. Him happy in the library, overly happy, had been less terrible than this particular moment in time was. Any small comfort she could have taken from how Allie, at least, seemed happy... would be ruined by the fact that she knew he was a demon. No matter what happened it was going to be bad, that had to be why she was so upset. The only reason of course.

Meanwhile Allie would have started trying to explain what a projection was, using television as an example for a couple of parts. Her free hand moving enthusiastically as she went about explaining, talking, like that was really increasing the value of her words.

"Actually... We might have to skip the observatory, I thought we had more time but... I think we spent too much at the library. Sorry Allie, maybe another time..?" Allie would have stopped walking as Lillian spoke, looking confused more than anything as Lillian awkwardly rubbed the back of her neck. Avoiding looking at either one of them, she just really wanted to escape this situation, but couldn't, not without forcing him to leave it.

"Yeah, sure... Get some rest or something alright? You seem a little weird today." Her voice was obviously concerned and Lillian felt another, strange, twist in her gut. Today sucked.
[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back