• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy In the Dark of the Night [Private]

[class=PostBox]width:80%;height:auto;min-height:330px;padding:10px;border:3px double #ffffff;margin:auto;border-radius:10px;position:relative;[/class] [class=PostName]height:26px;border-bottom:double 4px #ffffff;border-bottom-right-radius:90%;border-bottom-left-radius:90%;margin:auto;text-align:center;font-size:25px;margin-left:210px;margin-bottom:-10px;[/class] [class=PostImg]width:200px;height:320px;float:left;overflow:none;margin-right:10px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=PostBox]border-color:#61BD6D;background:#444444;color:#ffffff;font-size:12px;line-height:17px;[/class] [class name=PostName]border-color:#61BD6D;letter-spacing:1px;[/class] [class name=PostImg]background:url('https://i.postimg.cc/2yV5mq2f/Lillian-Evans.png');background-size:cover;[/class] [div class=PostBox][div class=PostImg][/div][div class=PostName]Lillian Evans[/div][div class=Credit]Created by @IdyllicDreamer[/div]
By this point she was cursing that momentary lapse in judgement, it wasn't her fault that he just had to look like that, besides she was half asleep! And it was extremely awkward the way he looked, those skin tight pants were just absolutely horrible! Maybe if she had grown up with a brother, or had more guy friends who were half naked sometimes, she might have been more accustomed to it to react better than that... He was never going to let her live that moment down was he?

"All I've done to you...?" She echoed, voice a mix of exasperation and disbelieve, trying to ignore the whole skirt and pants thing, there was no argument in that. More importantly it was time for her friends to go, and with a quick spell they would suddenly find they needed to go for now, she could call them later and try and sort it out... When he wasn't, next to her.

"I haven't done anything to you except open a door and get trapped in the same spell you did, you can't just blame me for something someone else did! That would be like me blaming you for the fact that you're literally going to ruin my life!" Or, any life she could have had so long as they were stuck together. She would never be able to enjoy spending time with just her friends again, never able to have a normal relationship with someone. She would always be stuck with him, it was like a horrible forced marriage of some kind.

It was a simple fact that she had been trying to ignore, that she tried to push to the back of her mind. It was for the best, he was 'maintained' like this, she was doing a good thing being stuck with him. The logical part, the rationale, tried to focus on. Yet it still hurt, the fact that she would never be able to have any semblance of a normal life so long as he was around, she just had to deal with it and adjust.

"You don't have to do any tricks or anything to remind me, I'll never be able to forget what you are." Her tone would have dropped a bit, as did her mood. A lot of the fight flooding out of her, which he was probably going to be thrilled by since he seemed to get off on her negative emotions. Demon, of course.

"And you know what, fine, you're conventionally attractive, on the outside. That doesn't mean I would ever want to have sex with you though, or want you to take me or anything like that. You are repulsive, on the inside, and I would never, ever beg you anything of that nature." It was so hard to bite down some of her comments, the way she could have easily reminded him that no one actually cared about him apparently, since no one remembered him. She just didn't want to stir his anger with so many people around, innocent people.
[/div]

Her friends left suddenly as he felt a small burst of magic come from her. It was nice to know she had a few practical spells she was capable of.

At her words though, his cheerfulness faded. “Yes you dimwit. This entire situation was due to your negligence! Did you not realize that that certain let of the forest was very dangerous? Clearly you disobeyed a rule when you could have simply called your familiar to your side as you did earlier!” He growled like an animal, bringing a fist down hard on the table.

“ruin your- one day, you will DIE. I cannot die!! At least not without an incredible amount of damage by which only a being that is of my level could produce!! When your life ends, my torture begins again!!! You have no idea what it means to have your life RUINED.” His eyes glowed in his anger and grabbed her wrist, dragging her out of the food court. All this whining had made him upset and he no longer felt like cooperating. He had a lot to do and many creatures to speak to if he had any hope of escaping the horrid fate those disgustingly pure beasts had created for him.

“That’s right you PEST!!!” He shoved her up against and wall and snarled in her face. His teeth became sharp and gnarled as his eyes reappeared. “Don’t you ever forget who and why I am. The world may not remember my cruelty but I haven’t. I know exactly what I’m capable of and you might find out if you push me any further with your ANNOYING WHINE!!”

He scoffed at her and crossed his arms. “I apologize for being made of despair and lava! My insides are clearly different than your’s, I am a demon. And you are ignorant if you think I am not a PLEASURE in bed!!! Many women have gone mad from their love for me, and I never even used my magic!” He grabbed her wrist and growled again. They had suddenly appeared in the apartment.

“I’m done playing your games and listening to your ridiculous complaints! When you suddenly find yourself trapped to a mortal being who could get you put in a LITERAL HELL by accidentally cutting their arm too much, or annoying a dangerous man, then I’ll listen to you.”

[class=PostBox]width:80%;height:auto;min-height:330px;padding:10px;border:3px double #ffffff;margin:auto;border-radius:10px;position:relative;[/class] [class=PostName]height:26px;border-bottom:double 4px #ffffff;border-bottom-right-radius:90%;border-bottom-left-radius:90%;margin:auto;text-align:center;font-size:25px;margin-left:210px;margin-bottom:-10px;[/class] [class=PostImg]width:200px;height:320px;float:left;overflow:none;margin-right:10px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=PostBox]border-color:#61BD6D;background:#444444;color:#ffffff;font-size:12px;line-height:17px;[/class] [class name=PostName]border-color:#61BD6D;letter-spacing:1px;[/class] [class name=PostImg]background:url('https://i.postimg.cc/2yV5mq2f/Lillian-Evans.png');background-size:cover;[/class] [div class=PostBox][div class=PostImg][/div][div class=PostName]Lillian Evans[/div][div class=Credit]Created by @IdyllicDreamer[/div]
The response from him, the anger when she had managed to contain herself, was just astonishing. It honestly left her dumbfounded as he snapped back at her as if she had really done something wrong in all of that. The simple idea that he would blame her for freeing him, even if he was somewhat still a prisoner, just as she was, astounded her! So much so that she didn't even know what to say, no witty retort, before he started dragging her off.

"Let go o-!" Words of protest would have been caught off when she hit the wall, startled for a moment. It surprised her more than it hurt, and it wouldn't take long for her to shove him back even as he tried to intimidate her. A whine, that's all it was to him of course, why was she trying to give him more credit than he deserved? Maybe because she wanted this to work, wanted things to be easier. As if that was going to happen.

"Fuck, you're really stupid aren't you. You're twice as ignorant as I am, and I don't even just mean about modern things! I wasn't talking about your literal insides, or your body for that matter, I meant your inside as in personality. You have the personality of a self written autobiography!" She might have said paper bag but she wasn't even sure he knew what that was. They probably used baskets instead of bags back then or something.

"You are literally incapable of thinking of anyone else, you're self centered, egotistical, and you can't even accept your own faults in things. Not to mention your history of violence and murder, oh and the fact that you tried to eat me! You're ugly, disgusting, as a living creature, not for what your body is made up of!" The fire had come back, voice raising she didn't even care if he ended up destroying her apartment again, honestly she was too angry to be surprised the mall was still intact.

"You're also an idiot if you think those women actually went mad because they loved you, I would be shocked if any of them actually missed you, if they liked anything it was just what you could do, which is a hell of a lot different from actually caring about you. I would be amazed if anyone actually cared about you, which is probably why it was so easy for them to forget about you! That legacy of destruction and violence, I guess it really didn't mean that much to anyone, eh? You poor baby." Lillian couldn't hold it in anymore really.
[/div]

“My personality- Why didn’t you just say so!!?” He was going to continue but she quickly went on with what she was saying. She called him names and described him in a revolting light. She began shouting and he backed away. His fists were balled up and his teeth were bared, but he couldn’t do a thing. She was his only key to peace, or somewhat peace.

She didn’t stop at his personality though. Continuing on, she insulted his body and his entire life’s work. He laughed bitterly. “Oh HA HA HA you’re so clever human girl! You’ve hit me we’re where it hurts! Oh NO! What am I to do??” He gasped, holding his chest in fake pain. Then he grew into his monstrous self, big enough to fill the room. “Tell me girl, where were you born? Ah, let me guess. You cane out of your’s mother’s womb into the loving arms of your father. Have you ever tried being born from HATRED? Your body forming from the agony, pain, and darkest desires of the human race combined with lava and the most powerful types of dark magic??? Perhaps you grew up with a doting mother who tucked you in every night and told stories of fantasy and wonder! Just imagine spending every moment fighting for your life as you grew into your power, fending off scavengers and hungry elders who just saw you as a little snack.” He picked her up in his hands and squeezed her as hard as he could. The purple light appeared and he kept up until his own vision stated to blur. Dropping her to the floor, he roared in her face.

“I was born from fear and the malice of the most wicked, there was no choice in what direction I was to head...” He burned the floor, laying down and curling up like a dog. That small stunt had taken a lot of energy from him. That curse weighed on him heavily. “And I would add that you might think differently about the things I’ve done when I burned your family alive in front of you. I thought humans cared about each other? I guess you didn’t care about all those lives I ruined. All those children I orphaned...” He trailed off, closing his eyes. His chest still hurt after squeezing her. He didn’t even know if he had hurt her. At this point, he didn’t care.

By this point she was beyond feeling bad for him, his situation, the place he had ended up locked in. He was damned well old enough by this point that he should have been able to take responsibility for his actions, instead of blaming the world for them. Yes, his situation sounded horrible, like an absolute nightmare actually, but there was only so much a persons past could be used to explain how they were. He made his bed, and had been forced to lie in it in imprisonment... and instead of reflecting on that all he did was blame other, still.

Unfortunately it was hard for her to snap back at him with how he had grabbed her up and started squeezing, it did hurt, more than she would ever care to admit... Fortunately that curse continued to protect her for the time. Gasping a little when she was finally released, body shaking slightly as she tried to ignore the rest of what he said, he was just trying to get at her again...

If it wasn't for that damned curse she would have gone to her room and slammed the door, to have some private time... Yet with the way things were now she couldn't even move a step away from him. There was no privacy, no... nothing. It wouldn't be long until she just tried to make herself comfortable with the couch in the small amount of space she had here, to emotionally drained to even argue anymore, or do much.

Trying not to cry was enough of a struggle in of itself right now, with the pain and everything else still rocketing through her body. Apparently the curse couldn't stop him from doing everything...
[/div]

He opened his eyes after a little, not trusting her in the slightest. She had curled up on the couch, her heart beating rapidly and a sniffle coming from her now and then. A soft growl emitted from his throat. “Weak little human girl... Can’t even take a scolding. It doesn’t matter, none of it does I suppose. We are stuck together and that is the only thing that you can deal with.” He leaned down and sniffed her a bit. Then he picked her up, more like a child than an object this time, and shrank down to his human form but with his horns.

Looking over her, memories of his past filled his mind. He had encountered so many humans of all different shapes, sizes, and ethnicities. He had created and destroyed countless civilizations and had his own personal territory in hell, or he used to, have his own territory with which to punish humans in hell. He knew a lot about humans, but at the same time, he knew nothing. The humans that he encountered now were unlike any creature he had before met. They were spontaneous and wild, never fearing to act stupid nor stand out. Their world had evolved in so many ways that he couldn’t see all off them.

Of course, the girl was only a girl, after all. She didn’t understand her worth nor the position she had been put in, no matter how much the being had explained to her. She did try to please him, he would admit it. After a few attempts she gave up though, becoming quite confident and bossy. It was almost admirable. Still, admirable or not, she was the only thing between him and the continuation of his eternal damnation.

“So small. So weak. So... tired. If only you could sleep for eternity, I bet you’re wishing. If only you could retreat into a sweet dream and wake up when I was gone. If only.” He went into her room and laid her on her bed. Glowing brightly, he suddenly became a thick Doberman. Laying at her side, on the floor, he closed his eyes.

“Just sleep Girl. Maybe if you are more tolerable after some rest, we shall return to that large shopping arena.” He laid his head on his paws and released a heavy sigh.

Last edited:
By this point, or right from the very beginning really, Lillian didn't trust him anymore than he trusted her. So, when his attention was back on her she was rather tense, though she refused to look at him. She didn't speak in response, though she would flinch slightly when he picked her up, again. Fortunately his plan this time seemed a bit different, and she was well past the point of trying to escape each and everyone one of his damned holds, that in of itself was exhausting!

She didn't know what to think when he spoke, where it almost sounded like he was somewhat concerned about her. That couldn't have possibly been the case, but still it was more than enough to make her messy thoughts all the more erratic. He was tolerable sometimes, and this happened to be one of those moments... which had to be why she wasn't complaining when he carried her to her room. It wasn't worth the fight, unless he tried something, but based on the conversation before the argument she fortunately didn't see that having to be an issue.

"You're a pain..." She muttered more than anything, the bite gone again by this point as she looked at his new form. Going back to the mall might have been fun, and if nothing else... it suggested he was trying to compromise again, which was better than the back steps they had taken with that fight.

"Thanks."
Lillian added in after a moment though, before she rolled to a side to get some rest. It actually felt really good to be back in her bed properly.
- - - - - - - - -
What she wasn't expecting was to wake up with a scream, one that would almost immediately end up cut off and muffled when she brought her hand to her mouth. Eyes wide, panic still clinging to her for a few moments even as her mind connected to the fact that she was, in fact, in her room instead of-, Lillian cut the thought off as she clenched her eyes and tried to push thoughts of the dream away.

For the short span of time she took trying to collect herself everything had faded away, like background noise. Her position right now, yesterday, that morning, everything else was white noise. For a few seconds everything was normal, and it was just a nightmare she was waking up from.
[/div]

She lightly insulted him as he settled down, making him smile a bit, as much a dog could smile. Sometimes the girl could be rather tolerable, even though he hasn’t known her for very long.

Then she thanked him. He rolled his eyes, sticking his nose into thigh as he curled up. He hadn’t done it to be nice, nor to receive thanks. Their relationship was one he desperately needed, so he wanted to try and keep it afloat, even if that meant occasionally laying her in her own bed after he had almost hurt her.

When she fell asleep, he sat up and watched her for a bit. She was an odd human. Not much magic flowed through her, but an aura of powerful clung to her nonetheless. Her familiar was a simple cat, yet it’s eyes held a mysterious gaze. Though he was confused by most things at this point, those facts confused him the most. It was baffling that he just coincidentally got stuck with her. Had it truly been an accident? He was trying to remember what the being said about it.

He trotted in a circle on the floor before lying down again. Those questions would be answered at some time, he was sure. For now she was asleep, and he needed more energy. He eventually settled into a sleep. However he wasn’t sleeping as deeply as he had the time before.

——————————

Fuudien turned his head as she awoke with a scream. She had been sleeping peacefully before, and he had done nothing to infect her dreams. He wondered why wasn’t wrong, but didn’t say anything. He was sitting on the floor still, his head now raised above the edge of the bed.

The fact that there was just a doberman in her room, staring at her, was confusing for a few seconds. A fragment of reality to latch onto as she pushed away thoughts of what the dream had been. Unfortunately it didn't stay pleasant as the sight of him brought those thoughts racing back, reality. Still, this odd situation of being stuck with him was marginally better than what she had just experienced in her sleep, a small shiver passing through her at the thought.

"I hope you weren't watching me the whole time I slept..." Lillian spoke, a lame attempt to cover up the fact that she had just woken up with a scream. "That would just be creepy."

He probably wouldn't care what had actually happened in her head, so fortunately she doubted she would have to explain why she had even screamed... Small perks to his temperament she supposed.

"... Why a doberman, by the way...?" She, however, was still pretty curious about him sometimes. When he wasn't being a pain in her ass.
[/div]

He huffed, licking his snout before looking away. “I was sleeping for a good amount of that time. You just screamed, so I looked to you. Why did you scream like so? Your body language did not convey a nightmare.” He put his front paws up on the bed and tilted his head at her.

He rolled his eyes. Standing up and posing, he held his nose up. “This breed is lithe and strong. My teeth are sharp and I am quite large, but at first appearance I am quite handsome. I can be both intimidating and adorable in this form, where if I had chosen a thicker dog I would have either been too fluffy or too hideous. The Doberman as you call it can be both ruthless and charming, as I am in my natural body. That and my ears can look like horns at some angles, thanks to their pointy shape. I find it amusing.” He couldn’t help but wag his short tail once or twice at the final statement. He did like to joke around when he chose his forms. Horns were his favorite feature to add for some cruel irony.

Sitting back on his haunches, he gestured to her with his nose.
“While I don’t care for you personally, your health is quite vital to mine. Are you experiencing any pain? Did you sleep on a knife left by your enemy? What was the cause of your exclamation?” Climbing into the bed, elegantly as with all things, he sniffed her up and down, trying to smell blood or poison or acid.

It didn't take long for her to swear internally when he actually questioned what had happened, she had been hoping that he wouldn't do that. Fortunately for a moment the explanation as to the breed he had chosen would do a good job of distracting her. A little snort of all things coming out, he really had a lot of fun with that didn't he? She honestly wouldn't have expected any of that from him, well it was nice to see more of him not being a monster.

"I still don't see where adorable, or charming, fit you but whatever, it's your shape-shifting." She tried to tease, only to end up tensing up a little when he got onto the bed and pursued the previous conversation. The nightmare, or whatever it had been. This was not an optimal situation, since she doubted he would easily let it go.

"I... Look, I don't really know what my body language conveyed, or whatever, but it was just a nightmare..." She was starting to murmur again by that point, eyes shifting away as she didn't really want to look at him right now. Dog, or not.

"When that... whatever, person, touched me you remember I got a lot of information right...? It was probably just something got stuck in my head or whatever. That or a really bad premonition." Lillian tossed the last part out like it was nothing. At least ten percent of the more realistic, graphic, dreams she had ended up happening, which wasn't that uncommon in her family... It was just unfortunate.

"There was a lot of fire, and death, and stuff... and while that was probably normal for you it's not for me." Maybe he could just leave it alone at that then.
[/div]

She snorted at his explanation, making him bark softly. “Do you not agree? My coat is sleek and flawless, by body is balanced, and when necessary I am quite cute. Clearly this breed was an excellent choice to reflect myself. As for where they fit, you and I are not yet in th position to know that much about one another. Maybe if we can reach an agreement of some sort I will show you my various sides.”

When she responded to his questioning, she quickly lied, averting her gaze. He frowned and jumped off the bed. So she had had a nightmare that involved him somehow. That didn’t bode well. If she had gotten a nightmare because of the simple act from the day before, he would have to be far more careful than he had originally planned. AND he might actually have to be nice to her. He couldn’t have her going insane or having panic attacks around him.

“A premonition? Intriguing. Speak more of this ability. I won’t ask you more about your nightmare if you don’t think it means anything, but your magical skill level does interest me. Tell me more.” He sighed, licking his snout again but this time in annoyance. “I’m afraid you’ll have to get used to ‘fire and death and stuff’ because I tend to attract enemies. Not on purpose for the most part, which is honestly surprising considering I like to massacre whole races for fun.”

He put his head on the bed and licked her hand. “Would you wish me to find a more innocent form? I can tell this elegant canine I have become bothers you.” He was willing to give her a bit of wiggle room. He didn’t want to poke the bear at the moment.

One of these days he was going to realize when she was just screwing around, like when she poked fun at him. On that day it would be oddly quiet, because she imagined he wouldn't be constantly trying to explain how she was wrong! So for the moment she just quietly shook her head at him, amused at how proud he was of his current form. That amusement didn't last long though, more questions, he wanted to know things about her. That was both alarming and positive, but... well she had promised to answer his questions.

"So, it's pretty hit or miss but it's not unheard of for the women in my family to end up having clairvoyant dreams, or moments. It's usually only with specific kinds of dreams, like ones that... They, well... just... it feels like... more, I guess..." Trailing off for a moment Lillian tried to shake a thought away once more, expression brightening a little as he actually offered to compromise, and while she didn't mind his dog of choice, an idea popped up in her mind.

"More innocent than a doggo? But who doesn't love a cute puppy-wuppy!" She teased, expression far more amused than it had been before, mood clearly getting better by now. "Though I think a Chihuahua might be more fitting, they're demons." Tiny yapping little monsters! Granted some were super cute though.
[/div]

Her explanation of the power genuinely interested him. Seeing the future was one of the few powers he struggled with and basically never used. It took all of his energy and it was often inaccurate. Even he had his limits.... though they were quite few and far between.

“Interesting. I suppose it isn’t a fun topic for you, considering what I’ve heard of clairvoyance. There’s a reason the Greeks’ mythic prophecies were almost all tragic.”

She then spoke to him in a childish voice, suggesting he turn into a Chihuahua. Laughing, he nodded, finally understanding one of her jokes. “I certainly agree with that, but I don’t think a Chihuahua would be the best form for me to remain in. Perhaps a ferret? Or maybe a kitten? I am quite fond of felines. Some are very dastardly.”

Her mood was slowly getting better, a good sign if anything. When she was happy she acted strange, but wasn’t extremely annoying. He could handle her like this and he could better handle his own anger at the same time. Maybe he could hold his tongue an bit if she continued to remain calm.

Trying to think about specifics in the dream, because if it was a glimpse of the future... it would have been important. While the little joke, and him actually playing along with it, helped somewhat, she couldn't avoid those thoughts forever. Picturing him as a kitten did happen to make her smile a bit, a cat fit too considering how often they could be assholes. Him as a cat playing with Sassafras would have been priceless.

"I've never had a pet ferret~ And as much as I would love to keep teasing you about different forms, in all seriousness... I have an idea as to how we could figure out if it is a premonition or not." Lillian started, starting to trace her finger along the surface of her sheets as she drew out a symbol that she had seen in the dream. Of course.. she drew it slightly off, with at least one detail incorrect about the symbol. If it was some kind of magic symbol, without knowing what it did, drawing it like that would have been both dangerous and stupid.

"That line there is suppose to go all the way across, but I saw this in the dream, if it means anything to you... Then it might be real." She hoped not, she really, really, hoped that nothing about that dream would end up happening. Sometimes the dreams were a little off though, but still. She didn't want to take all of that risk.

"There is one thing about it that might make you happy though, if it does happen... Whatever happens leading up to it somehow the curse either got lifted or lessened, because you weren't there." Which might have been surprising, that he wasn't the thing in the dream that had caused her to scream. That there might have been something worse around.
[/div]

He chuckled at her, his tail wagging a bit. “I did leave myself open for attacks there with my general options.” His ears perked up and he listened. If there was a way to confirm the likelihood of her dream it would be best for both of them. Then she started drawing in the bed. His body morphed seamlessly into a white cat with black paws and red eyes as he leapt up onto the bed. He still didn’t want to alarm her.

The symbols slowly came to being as she continued. Once she was done he quickly stood and batted the symbol away with his paw.
“No no no! Girl you must be careful of the symbols you draw, whether you change them or not.” He began to pace back and forth. It was the symbol of a demon, one he recognized but couldn’t remember. But that wouldn’t make any sense. His existence had been wiped out, who would know of his return? And how would they know of the bond between him and the girl.

His head turned sharply and his fur fluffed up a bit in alarm.
“Not there??? No no no that isn’t good at all. There are no other demons more powerful than I and even I can’t break this curse. If I’m not there I’m likely back in hat hellish prison. Wait-“ He sat down. “I wasn’t there??? Then who, or what, did you see??? Can you describe them?? It is imperative I find and kill this creature before it can harm you!” He put his front paw on her chest, his other bending slightly as his whiskered face looked at her’s earnestly.

Well that was an answer, the simple fact that he knew there was something to this symbol implied that the dream had been real. At least some aspects of it anyways, which sounded off some levels of alarm in her. The future was never set in stone, as far as she knew, there was always room for variation, but then there was also the risk of a self fulfilled prophecy... No matter what she ran the risk of making everything so much worse!

"There weren't a lot of other ways for me to show it to you." She murmured again, thinking over the fact that it had apparently been a demon then, assuming the person she had seen had, in fact, been the owner of the symbol. That thought was paused for a moment with his proximity, even as a cat, he was technically far too close. It was weird. Everything about this situation was weird. Lifting a hand she would just slowly put it on his cat-face to push him back.

"If they were a demon they were in a human form. He was... kind of like you, conventionally attractive." She had to specify that part, lest he start thinking she was interested in him or something! It was hard to pick at the pieces of the dream, she could still feel some parts of it, and just that thought had her tensing back up as uncomfortable foreign sensations crawled along her body.

"He had black hair, and bright-brown eyes. Strong features, like his jaw and shape..." None of that was probably helpful, but it wasn't as though he was someone she was familiar with. Someone she could have easily pointed him to or anything like that.

"And I don't think we were anywhere in this city, it almost looked like some kind of castle in a movie or something, the symbol was on a banner on the wall." Maybe that would be more useful? Though, did she really want him to find this person? Maybe that in of itself would spark... the events that transpired.
[/div]

“Yes but you-“ Her hand pressed to his face and his tiny body was suddenly pushed backwards. He fell into his back with his legs splayed out. He meowed angrily and wiggled until he was on his feet’s again. “That was uncalled for.“ He murmured, licking his fluffed up fur.

He tilted his head and paused in his self-grooming, his small pink tongue hanging from his mouth. He tried to think as she described him as best as she could. His paws pulled to himself as he sat and tried to think. No one he knew fitted that description. He had forgotten a few things sure, but he remembered his enemies vividly in all their different forms. A castle? A city? Names and faces flashed through his mind but he couldn’t match of them to her description.

Then he stopped.
“Lillian... what happened to you in this nightmare?” He finally pulled his tongue into his mouth as he spoke to her.

Last edited:
There it was, the question she had really been dreading. If anything was going to give him insight that might have been it, right? Her mind twisting so many thoughts over that she didn't even realize that he had actually called her by her name, instead of calling her girl or something else. Lillian could be wow'd by that later, as she instead ended up looking away once more.

"I'm not nearly drunk enough for this conversation..." A dash of humor, or something to act as it. Lillian tried to lighten her mood a little, delay talking about it. Sure, she could just shut down and not say anything. She didn't have to tell him what happened in her mind. Keeping quiet wouldn't help keep it from happening though, or at least it probably wouldn't. Besides, she didn't actually want to destroy whatever... common ground they had found here.

"I woke up in some kind of cage... I was in this dress I've never seen before, and I think metal must have been cold-iron or something because it burned when I touched it." Her body had started tensing up, shifting slightly as she ended up pulling her knees to her chest there. Still not looking at the cat-demon, trying to both remember and distance herself from it all at the same time.

"That man was there, he wasn't paying any attention to me for awhile, even when I pretty vividly told him why and how he was going to regret whatever he was doing..." There was a small, bitter, laugh for a moment there. It had been a little amusing, how sassy she had been towards her captor. Being around a demon had probably rubbed off on her.

"I was eventually dragged out of the cage though, I have to... assume that there was some kind of ritual happening, there were other... there... were other people..." Trailing off again her fingers ended up clenching at her sheets, not even to the worst of it but her thoughts kept straying there, to the burning that just started crawling through her once more.

"I can't... say the words, it's hard to think... them. There, then... just, I just.... Burning, and... and tearing." Truthfully nothing had happened to her, or at the very least she didn't know what the spell was doing. Physically her body was undamaged in the dream, but that didn't stop the scream-inducing agony from ripping through her. The phantom remnants of it all clung to her, resulting in a small trembling that started as she tried to explain it. In the end she still couldn't quite detail how immense it had been, it truly felt as though she had been dying.
[/div]

The girl tried to joke before she began, but her humor went out as quickly as a small candle in a tornado. The story that unfolded in her dream didn’t frighten him. It did make him concerned and more confused.

As she went on with her tale he felt his chest tighten, the beat of his heart, an organ he didn’t even need, speeding up. A burning filled his breast and he pressed his ears to his head. When her fingers dug into the sheets his vision began to blur. The beating heart now thundered in his ears, barely allowing him to hear the rest of he story. Her body began to tremble and his began to shake angrily.

He looked over to her and saw her distress, realizing their bond was strong in more ways than he first thought. Her emotions were crashing into him like tidal waves, almost as if the spell thought she really was in danger. His chest began to glow purple and he meowed in pain. Maybe choosing a weaker body wasn’t the smartest decision after all.

“L-Lillian s-Stop. I understand what h-happened. Relax.” He stumbled into her lap whilst trying to comfort her, rubbing his body against her stomach in a weak attempt to calm her down. “let’s talk about something else f-for now.”

More than anything else she felt idiotic for being so upset over a dream, even a dream that could potentially happen. She was a grown ass woman, and right now she felt as though she was acting as weak as he had kept calling her. Yet... right now he wasn't calling her weak, or insulting her in any way, he was being pleasant, of all things. It was so damned confusing, she wasn't entirely aware of how much her emotional state was bleeding over onto him.

If she had any idea she probably would have flung him across the room, instead of hugging his small cat body. It was so easy to forget right now what he was, how he had acted earlier, yesterday. How this small window of time was about the only pleasant time they had even spent together, outside of fleeting moments. Which was exactly what this could have been a fragile, fleeting, moment where he was being nice. Yet at that particular moment... she was willing to take it.

The fact that he was a cat was the only reason she even let him stay that close to her, it also helped her settle back down a lot sooner. Thoughts able to trickle away from it instead of dwelling on the unpleasantness of it all. She ended up swallowing hard when she finally let him go, awkwardly, this entire situation was so unnatural...

"I... Sorry, I... I won't do that again." It was probably revolting for him, were she more irritated with him that was probably how she would have described it. For now though she almost felt good.

"You mentioned heading back to the mall earlier right...?" Anything to get away from this awkward place.
[/div]

He was in agony as she continued to freak out, her emotions stomping all over him. Never before had he been so quickly crushed by a simple shift in moods. He made his fur fluffier, tried to use his magic to push good feelings onto her, do anything to calm her down.

Finally her arms wrapped around him and she held him close, managing to forget his putrid personality long enough to calm down. As she calmed the grip on him loosened until he could finally breathe normally again. Her arms released him and he fell back onto her legs, rolling off of them onto his back.

“For your sake... take... your... time when you... tell.... upsetting stories... I can... be patient.” He couldn’t form whole sentences without taking deep breaths, his small cat body still numb from the horrible experience. In truth, he didn’t care if she freaked out. She had to get used to these things one way or another, but he said that for himself. He now knew how much power Lillian truly had over him and he did not want to end up paralyzed for a while because she couldn’t handle speaking about a topic.

“The place... of the shopping... yes... excellent. I... will change... when we... we get there.” He didn’t move from where he laid on his back, trying to bring his body back to a calm balance.

Looking at him there as he tried to recover Lillian's eyebrows ended up furrowing, the entire situation there was so very bizarre. One thing was made abundantly clear though, everything she did would affect him in some way, intentionally or not. Which might have made it a little easier for her to understand why he was being so nice, because she was essentially torturing him... Probably anyways, that was about all she could equate it to at the moment.

"Fuudien... You don't have to act like you care, present situation aside I'm a big girl and I can handle the truth." She didn't sound upset, or anything of the sort, instead just talking a little more calmly now. Lillian wanted to find that middle ground with him, wanted things to get better, but she didn't want it to be based on lies and half truths, that would have just made everything so much harder. At least in her opinion.

"I really am sorry though, I didn't realize what that... would do to you too, I promise I'll do better in the future if anything like this happens again." Taking a shower first might have helped, wash it off, relax herself a little and then take it step by step. Hindsight though. For now all she would do is wait though, till he had things a bit more together... and to try and help she would actually start rubbing his belly a little! He was a cat right now after all.
[/div]

Meowing, he shook his head once. “I don’t mean to lie. I just thought it would make your feel better if I left out my more selfish part of the remark. Your emotion affect you a great deal, which in turn creates a problem from me. So truly, for your sake I do wish you wouldn’t try to rush through a traumatic experience. I say this not because I care, but because it is generally healthy for your mind to act in that manner.” The small speech took him ages to spit out, every few words followed by a deep breath or a painful mew. He managed to roll onto one side and look in her direction at least.

“Do not apologize, you will regret it. I am bound to do something that you will find unpleasant. I am the only creature in the relationship capable of creating such destruction as required any sort of an apology.” Closing his eyes and shoving his nose under her leg, he flicked his tail. “That would be lovely little one. If you are ever in emotional distress and you feel as though cannot suppress it just warn me. I can probably help you with my powers before things escalate out of hand.”

He then stopped speaking, a funny feeling at his stomach. Roiling weakly onto his back, he found her hand was now lightly rubbing his stomach. He was about to snarl and scratch her, but he gave the thought up quickly. It was terrible and demeaning but he was exhausted and in pain... and it felt nice as a cat. Lightly hugging her hands with his paws, he began to purr. It wasn’t something he did purposely, it just came out of him naturally.

Fuudien gave up trying to fight it and let her rub him. He purred and purred and after a good ten minutes of rubbing he could finally think straight again. He didn’t move to stop her, but spoke without ragged breaths.

“Now that I know another demon will try and come after you it is imperative you obey me when I command you to. And do not scoff at me for this matter is of grave importance. If we are separated or the being is able to dull our connection then you could easily die. I would be unable to find you or protect you and the curse would be lifted in the worst of way. Both of us would end up in our own hells.“ He wrapped his tail around her wrist as she continued to rub him and frowned. “Topics of our situation and ourselves have been the main source of our fights and have ended up with me weakened for the most part. We cannot allow this as another demon could snatch you away if I were tired. Let’s try to avoid those conversations and stick to playful insults, for it appears we both like those and can handle them without a full blown rage.”

He purred some more and nodded. “Yes I have decided. You will be allowed to request of me certain things from time to time as to keep you at ease and keep me from harm. These would include destinations, simple actions such as cleaning your home, or the form I take. I would remind you that I am an all powerful being and I do NOT like to play cutesy games. I will be no creature or being that is utterly adorable or small unless it is CRUCIAL to your mental and emotional health.” He smiled and purred more, nodding. “yes I believe I have thought of everything.”

He laid back in the bed and enjoyed the belly rub, almost back to his normal self.

This was all progress at least, positive for the most part, since it seemed as though he was more serious about them working together, rather than them simply being in the same place. That hopeful glimmer of things potentially working out returned there, as she just let him speak and rest. It was an odd sort of situation, to know that she had so much power over an 'all powerful' demon, enough to leave him practically crippled and tired after nearly every encounter.

"I'll agree to listen to you when things seem dangerous, or it's serious. Contrary to some of your comments I'm not stupid, I know how risky all of this is." Dealing with forces outside of her expertise, powerful things that could probably decimate the world at large... She had a lot to learn before she would feel comfortable stepping up and actually running with them. No, she would play it cautiously first, before diving in deeper.

"You know instead of setting up ground rules like what we can talk about, or what I can ask of you, why don't we just both work on controlling our tempers and not being assholes to each other? Then play things by year?" She could admit that she was at fault for some of the fighting, but she was also pretty sure that he was at least twice as hotheaded as she was.

"If a request I have, or you have, isn't completely unreasonable, then we should be willing to do it. Compromise. Working together is the only thing that's going to get us both through this I think." Though it appeared as though he had already started on that train, thankfully.

"And I'd like to point out that right now, you are both small and adorable as a cat." With that little jab she would finally stop rubbing his belly, and poke his cat nose.
[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back