• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern In the Aftermath | Character Sheets

Character sheet reference

Wicked Jester

Suit Gangs Infamous Jester
In the Aftermath | Character Sheets

Name:

Age: (pick something reasonable, but do please remember it will always be awkward for anyone over 20 to talk to an unrelated minor)

Aliases: (if applicable)

Biography: (what has your characters life been up to this point? And how has It shaped their personality, what hobbies and things have they learned)

Appearence: (description, and if possible photo, No preferred art style just something to give others a visual interpretation of your character)

Ability: (limit form and type to one, i.e. an elemental manipulation being just fire manipulation, Time manipulation being just rewinding time in a localized area. Etc. "Grander" powers like time manipulation will come with exhaustion of the character, all ability use may have unintended consequences.)

you are free to format your character sheet in anyway you choose, or to include any additional information you may wish, so as long as the character sheet contains this basic information

Name: Jennifer "Jen" Perkins

Biography: Jen always loved books. Her mother would read to her every night before bed, then she learned to read and kept up the tradition, reading a chapter or two every evening before she fell asleep. She loved the escapism of imagining wonderful new worlds, adventures to be had, new perfect people to meet.
In truth, she hated the city. It was loud, busy, dirty and dangerous at times. Jen longed to escape somewhere quiet where she could read her stories and maybe even write a little... But that required money she didn't have. Jen loves her job in the little bookshop, but she knew she would never make the money she needed working there. With very little skills to work elsewhere, she was stuck.

Appearence:
Long, brown hair, usually pulled back. Dark, thin rimmed glasses. Average height (around 5"4). Slender build, but not quite athletic (she just looks after herself). She usually just wears anything that's comfortable (comfy jeans, baggy hoodies/cardigans along with her fairly worn, grey sneakers).
c52f0239511dfe92646c7ca9ea99f6ec.jpg

Ability: Fire manipulation.
- She still has little real control over her ability. It seems to have a mind of its own, usually when she feels strong emotion (anger, sorrow etc).
- It's easier to control of there is physical fire present (embers etc) however, under extreme emotional pressure she can "conjure" up her own fire.
- Jen's ability cause random burn damage to her skin - the longer the use the worse the burn.

Name: Jennifer "Jen" Perkins

Biography: Jen always loved books. Her mother would read to her every night before bed, then she learned to read and kept up the tradition, reading a chapter or two every evening before she fell asleep. She loved the escapism of imagining wonderful new worlds, adventures to be had, new perfect people to meet.
In truth, she hated the city. It was loud, busy, dirty and dangerous at times. Jen longed to escape somewhere quiet where she could read her stories and maybe even write a little... But that required money she didn't have. Jen loves her job in the little bookshop, but she knew she would never make the money she needed working there. With very little skills to work elsewhere, she was stuck.

Appearence:
Long, brown hair, usually pulled back. Dark, thin rimmed glasses. Average height (around 5"4). Slender build, but not quite athletic (she just looks after herself). She usually just wears anything that's comfortable (comfy jeans, baggy hoodies/cardigans along with her fairly worn, grey sneakers).
View attachment 813365

Ability: Fire manipulation.
- She still has little real control over her ability. It seems to have a mind of its own, usually when she feels strong emotion (anger, sorrow etc).
- It's easier to control of there is physical fire present (embers etc) however, under extreme emotional pressure she can "conjure" up her own fire.
- Jen's ability cause random burn damage to her skin - the longer the use the worse the burn.
I've said it before, I'll say it again, firebug in a bookstore. There can only be positive outcomes. Looks good to me.

tumblr_9f1392a9feae0e45cef9eab09ff9cc99_0d495348_400.gif

● ○

~ ADELPHA HART ~
nicknames/alias - adel ; blossom
age - 22
occupation - florist
birthdate - march the 10th
faceclaim - melanie martinez

biography - Adelpha has loved flowers for years, even becoming a florist at the same shop her mother had run since Adelpha was born. The girl loved her job and since her mother passed away four years ago she has managed to keep the store up with her father and older brother. Planting has always brought Adelpha peace, whether it is planting a random daisy or pulling an annoying weed, she always found peace. Of course over the years her skills in planting have gotten way better as well as her critical thinking skills from finding ways to manage her money to keep the little shop afloat while staying positive throughout every hardship.

appearance - * gif * adelpha stands roughly at 5'5 and her hair is at a shoulders length while being usually split dyed into black on one side and a cherry blossom color on the other. her arms appear as having a tad bit of strength from her current job and daily life of lifting soil and digging with an average plant shovel. adelpha's legs are fairly long as they are very slim.
clothing style - adelpha usually goes for knee length skirts with a pastel safe for work top.

ability - plant manipulation
` adelpha has to have a source of either a plant or healthy enough soil to produce one.
` adelpha can't use her powers near fire or ice, it weakens her.
` adelpha can only control them for five minutes with her still being inexperienced.
` with each time adelpha manipulates a plant she gets weaker resulting in her having to eat specific items to get whatever she lost from her body back ( nutrition wise to stay healthy enough to live )
` adelpha only practices two times in a week for larger things, so she can rest and gain her nutrients back.
` she practices with small things such as : a rose, a daisy, or a tomato plant from time to time to help her learn to gain control.
` sleep/tiredness - just like with the nutrients adelpha needs sleep equivalent to how long a person would work on growing a plant day to day; which of course when growing large things she makes sure she has a day off to just rest for that specific matter.

○ ●

tumblr_890bc3b5501280eb7ccf47af27d59ff7_886a876a_400.gif

Last edited:
Name: Evelyn "Lynn" Han

Biography: WIP

Appearance:
bd07326f501bcc27d9cd1261dc797a9a.gif

5'3", 110lbs

Long black hair, usually let free or in a high bun. Athletic and flexible.
Usually wears clothing that is considered easy to move in.

Ability: Teleportation
- She can teleport herself, clothing, and a certain amount of additional weight from one point to another instantaneously.
- Momentum is conserved when teleporting, meaning that she cannot avoid damage from falling by porting to the ground, etc.
- Only able to port places she can see, or has seen before.
- The farther the distance or the larger the mass she's bearing, the more draining/fatiguing it is on her body. However, all ports are still physically draining in some way. The ports take the equivalent amount of energy from her as if she were to have gone that distance on foot. Like regular physical activity, how much it drains slowly changes as she gets used to it.

Since she still learning:
- Stress hinders her greatly, she can't port if she can't think straight or she may unknowingly seek a place of comfort if under enough of it.
- She won't always stick the landing in the beginning, though her background in gymnastics does help a lot.

- Porting won't happen immediately, she'll have to think for a moment however, this will get quicker as she gets used to her ability.

{Please tell me if I need to change anything (:}

Last edited:
View attachment 813812

● ○

~ ADELPHA HART ~
nicknames/alias - adel ; blossom
age - 22
occupation - florist
birthdate - march the 10th
faceclaim - melanie martinez

biography - Adelpha has loved flowers for years, even becoming a florist at the same shop her mother had run since Adelpha was born. The girl loved her job and since her mother passed away four years ago she has managed to keep the store up with her father and older brother. Planting has always brought Adelpha peace, whether it is planting a random daisy or pulling an annoying weed, she always found peace. Of course over the years her skills in planting have gotten way better as well as her critical thinking skills from finding ways to manage her money to keep the little shop afloat while staying positive throughout every hardship.

appearance - * gif * adelpha stands roughly at 5'5 and her hair is at a shoulders length while being usually split dyed into black on one side and a cherry blossom color on the other. her arms appear as having a tad bit of strength from her current job and daily life of lifting soil and digging with an average plant shovel. adelpha's legs are fairly long as they are very slim.
clothing style - adelpha usually goes for knee length skirts with a pastel safe for work top.

ability - plant manipulation
` adelpha has to have a source of either a plant or healthy enough soil to produce one.
` adelpha can't use her powers near fire or ice, it weakens her.
` adelpha can only control them for five minutes with her still being inexperienced.

○ ●

View attachment 813825
Name: Evelyn "Lynn" Han

Biography: WIP

Appearance:
bd07326f501bcc27d9cd1261dc797a9a.gif

5'3", 110lbs

Long black hair, usually let free or in a high bun. Athletic and flexible.
Usually wears clothing that is considered easy to move in.

Ability: Teleportation
- She can teleport herself, clothing, and a certain amount of additional weight from one point to another instantaneously.
- Momentum is conserved when teleporting, meaning that she cannot avoid damage from falling by porting to the ground, etc.
- Only able to port places she can see, or has seen before.
- The farther the distance or the larger the mass she's bearing, the more draining it is on her body. How much she can handle will slowly change as she improves.

Since she still learning:
- Stress hinders her greatly, she can't port if she can't think straight or she may unknowingly seek a place of comfort if under enough of it.
- She won't always stick the landing in the beginning, though her background in gymnastics does help a lot.

- Porting won't happen immediately, she'll have to think for a moment however, this will get quicker as she gets used to her ability.

{Please tell me if I need to change anything (:}
so for both of you just to add an inconvenience to using abilities i suggest that the energy required for the abilities is coming directly from your characters body, so for the teleport its as if you ran there full sprint, not in terms or breathing or apparent physical tiredness, this means repeated teleportation would reek havoc on your bodies caloric reserves (i didnt want to use calories but thats the best way to envision it i think?).
The same goes for plant growth, you're using your own body as nutrition for plant growth (although not at a 1:1 ratio), and if an existing plant, the plants own energy reserves to manipulate it. so trying to grow a lot of trees would be havoc on your body.

personal thoughts/counter opinions?

so for both of you just to add an inconvenience to using abilities I suggest that the energy required for the abilities is coming directly from your character's body, so for the teleport its as if you ran there full sprint, not in terms of breathing or apparent physical tiredness, this means repeated teleportation would wreak havoc on your bodies caloric reserves (i didn't want to use calories but that's the best way to envision it I think?).
The same goes for plant growth, you're using your own body as nutrition for plant growth (although not at a 1:1 ratio), and if an existing plant, the plant's own energy reserves to manipulate it. so trying to grow a lot of trees would be havoc on your body.

I think I get what you mean, each port would likely take a drain on her stamina/energy, some more than others depending on the circumstances.
Definitely not something she could do constantly without eventual burnout.

I think I get what you mean, each port would likely take a drain on her stamina/energy, some more than others depending on the circumstances.
Definitely not something she could do constantly without eventual burnout.
ya, like if she teleports a mile away, it would be using the same amount of energy it would take to have run that mile.

so for both of you just to add an inconvenience to using abilities i suggest that the energy required for the abilities is coming directly from your characters body, so for the teleport its as if you ran there full sprint, not in terms or breathing or apparent physical tiredness, this means repeated teleportation would reek havoc on your bodies caloric reserves (i didnt want to use calories but thats the best way to envision it i think?).
The same goes for plant growth, you're using your own body as nutrition for plant growth (although not at a 1:1 ratio), and if an existing plant, the plants own energy reserves to manipulate it. so trying to grow a lot of trees would be havoc on your body.

okay i understand! if she does so much without rest and a healthy bit of food (along with some limitations) she'll simply not be on this earth anymore. i tried to fix it to the best of my ability, if there's anything else wrong just let me know.

Name:
Samuel "Sam Haywood

Aliases:
A lot. Has had to work under many names.

unemployed, drifter, works many odd jobs for whoever will hire him, used to dream of being a musician​

Biography: Sam grew up with a hard family life, his father was an abusive alcoholic and his mother typically high and unresponsive on drugs. His older brother was in and out of jail by the time same turned 10, running various scams and cons. At 14 Sam left home unable to take the home situation and left his home town. Eventually through the help of limited public facilities whe was trained in manufacturing which let him make some small income. Life was hard, but one thing that did bring joy to sam was music, and so with what free money he did have, he bought an old acoustic guitar and self learned to the point where he could play most songs by ear, however with out any chance to move forward in the field, although talented hes gone unnoticed. Although machining was a nice job, due to the shop he was working at closing due to an economic recession, Sam left town and moved onto the next. He took a job doing maintenance and when that closed a year or so later, each time moving around and taking any other job he could find. There were times when he would work for unsavory people, but as long as it wasnt anything horrible, to Sam it was just another paycheck. Honestly he had seen worse in stints he had been living on the streets. A couple months before the event horizon Sam moved to New Haven and had been living off what meager funds he did have, not yet having found a job. Once the event horizon occurred, he instinctively understood how his power worked and understood it's limitations. Although Sam was never formally educated beyond what could be considered a middle school education, he would still be considered rather smart, he had gained a lot of knowledge through all his past hardships, and understanding immediately that his entire ability is based around chance, counting the cards that have been played to play his best odds.

carhartt-wip-placeholder.jpg

Appearance: Sam dirty blond hair, is a large man weighing around 220lbs. With a 6' frame, his hair is greasy and dirty, slicked back and tied in a knot because that's all he can do for it. He would look handsome if he cleaned up, but it's not a luxury he has. His face is gruff with a square jaw line and midlength stubble, almost a full beard style across his jaw. He usually wears a beat up tee-shirt and some worn jeans, old enough to have torn cuffs and wear on the knees. Clearly he's not at the point of hurting for food, but he doesn't have money for niceties. The type where he's too prideful to just ask for money but is willing to do any work for cash to keep alive

((I will have a picture here, but pokemon card pack bribes couldn't buy me doodle time from my gf tonight, only tommorow so I'll edit it in once I have it. she also told me apparently this is similar to the plot of bnha, but I've never watched it xD))

Ability: Random percentile manipulation: Sam is able to manipulate events through drawing from a deck of cards. Drawing a card from the deck, makes Sam feel as if he had just run a hard mile in terms of both physical condition and energy. The card is drawn from a (meta physical, the deck doesn't actually exist although there is a physical appearance when he draws a card) standard 53 card deck with 2-10, jack, queen, king, and ace of all 4 suits as well as a joker.
When drawing a card, Sam can have a mental image of what he wants to happen, and if the percent change is in the category, and a positive outcome it will align to his image, otherwise the effect will be random. How the percentage change occurs is based on the following:

Red or Black: A black card is a positive result, red is a negative result.

Suit: Spades and Hearts are percent changes that affect Sam personally, Clubs and Diamonds are a change in an external factor.

2-10: are incremental changes of 10% each, so a 2 is a 20% change, 10 is a 100% change.

Face Cards: Face cards are multipliers and dividers, suit does not matter. Black face cards multiply, red cards divide. Face cards stack. If a face card is drawn, cards are continually drawn until a percentile modifier is drawn. The effect of drawing cards is cumulative so a 5 card chain is like having just run 5 hard miles. Jacks are 2x multiplier, queens are 4x multiplier, kings are 8x multiplier.

Aces: When an ace is drawn, Sam can use it to take the form of any other card in its suit.

Joker: when the Joker is drawn, all cards previously drawn are readded to the deck, the deck is shuffled, and a new card is drawn.

Due to the specific nature of his ability, Sam's power cannot grow or change over time and will always stay the same. Aside from increasing his own physical ability and stamina, the better help with the energy draw of his ability.

((i will likely use a physical deck to count this in addition to a web tracker to account for played cards. I can take pictures of the cards if thats requested, but its a lot easier than using a web randomizer. But overall, Its far more fun to have this be random. If you need further explanation on how this power works please message me, i know this is complicated.))

Name
Unknown

Aliases
Sheriff Andrews

Occupation
Con artist, thief, scavenger, professional opportunist.

Biography
Little is known about Sheriff's childhood. His new identity didn't come into existence until the age of 31 and he shares the truth of his past with noone. This is not in an attempt to make himself seem enigmatic and interesting, but rather a way to keep his current life of skullduggery from ever reaching his friends and family back home - wherever home might be. Ever since he did enter society as Sheriff Andrews, he has been little more than a public annoyance. He lives alone in a cheap flat that he never invites his friends to. His friends, of course, mostly consisting of either intended victims or people with skills he think might come in handy. He is most commonly found on the most busy high street where he watches people walk by and waits for opportunity to strike...

Appearance

Greying, light brown hair - this used to be unkept and shaggy, but he now keeps it close cropped to prevent any accidental touching. Brown eyes. 5'9 with an athletic* build. Normally seen wearing casual, dull, dark coloured clothing beneath an old and well worn coat with a high collar.​
*His life of crime leads to a lot of running.

Ability
Sheriff has the ability to cure the wounds and other ailments of others. Though he can choose to perform this ability, he doesn't actually have any control over it - it happens automatically whenever he makes physical contact with another. This takes time and can be cut short if they stop touching, leaving wounds only half healed and illnesses simply less effective than they were before. For his own safety, he wears gloves and, often, a scarf or mask - the reason for this is that the person's wounds and illnesses haven't simply vanished. They have been taken. By healing a cut someone's arm, the energy used to heal that cut is taken from Sheriff's cells and the cut will appear in the same place on Sheriff's own arm. In a same manner, viruses, bugs and other ailments are not simply removed from someone's body - they must go somewhere and that somewhere is inside Sheriff.
This, combined with his selfish nature, makes him highly unlikely to ever willingly use his ability out of simple pity and he generally doesn't advertise the fact he can do it. He has, however, been experementing with its effects; he has learned very little, but has at least discovered that it does work with animals and he is able to heal large, life threatening wounds on very small animals while only recieving a small cut in return.​

i can't believe you've done this (Oliver Xi, CS)

( ... I just realized that his powers might be a little hard to interpret, so if y'all have any questions, please ask me.)
Hmm. I feel it's not just the character who's a computer science major. You hide any arg puzzles in there while you were at it? XD

Lemme just run the power back to make sure I got it. Forced telepathy within a 10m bubble? And just to ask are you planning this to be a growth type thing where they learn to tune himself or others out. At what level does the ability operate? Just consious thought or at the subconscious level as well. Or am I over thinking it and it's a on/off telepathy ability. Yaaaaa it's a bit vague lol

Asasfd- I wish. I'm mediocre at coding at best and downright tragic at worst. If anyone wants to gently bonk me on my head for writing hacking wrong, please do so, as I'm terrible at anything tech-related.

And mh-hm! He has a two-way mental link with everyone within 10 metres, and it cannot be disabled. Only conscious thought and emotions are shared, but he is able to feel the presence of people within that range—it just takes on the feeling of ambient noise, kind of like a static buzz. Anything that he feels can be felt with people in the range as well, so it's really not a great power to have, more like a general annoyance. I've always liked the idea of superpowers that weren't that really that super, or powers that kind of negatively impact the user.

Asasfd- I wish. I'm mediocre at coding at best and downright tragic at worst. If anyone wants to gently bonk me on my head for writing hacking wrong, please do so, as I'm terrible at anything tech-related.

And mh-hm! He has a two-way mental link with everyone within 10 metres, and it cannot be disabled. Only conscious thought and emotions are shared, but he is able to feel the presence of people within that range—it just takes on the feeling of ambient noise, kind of like a static buzz. Anything that he feels can be felt with people in the range as well, so it's really not a great power to have, more like a general annoyance. I've always liked the idea of superpowers that weren't that really that super, or powers that kind of negatively impact the user.
Still more knowledge of basic coding than I have. Bb code is the extent of my code writing experience xD

And yup this seems good. I will be writing the introduction post and creating pages for the rp later today, so expect them soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back