• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings In search of an Active partner!

ThatGirl01

What a plot twist you are, come tell me your tale?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome weary travelers, and welcome to my little nook in the endless abyss! Not very colorful, you ponder? My apologies, but I indulge you to take a moment, and catch a breath, lest you fall into the endless darkness during your next journey. How are you? Are you looking for a friend? A new writing partner, perhaps? Or maybe... both? I could be wrong, though if I am not, then let me extend an offer to you and tell you a bit about myself!

Firstly, hello friend - if I may call you that - let me say, it truly is so nice to meet you, I'm rather glad you've stopped by. I've long been a writer, down to the puny age of six, so I've been making lands and adventures for quite some time! Yet, let me be the first one to admit it, my work at that age was ~ as you can probably guess ~ rather poor. In due time, with hard work going into this practice for many years, I would like to believe that I have improved in at least a slight major, and have had time to spark my writing flame while improving myself and my writing style. I love working out a story with someone else - as I've come to find it's easier writing with a partner, developing the world the tales would take place in, and characters that can work with/against and adapt with one another. Working together with the other creator of these worlds fills a spark within me, letting me know the other truly does care for the plot and will want to evoke the story further! A majority of the time my characters often reflect me, or the mood I'm currently in, though sometimes I find myself so attached to a character I can often see what choices they will make come to mind rather quickly - sometimes even drawing their emotions they are feeling into me. Hopefully, with that last line, I don't sound too crazy, and other people will understand what I mean - hopefully, I'm not the only writer who sometimes meshes too well with their characters, hopefully, someone reading this has also felt their characters emotions so strongly it's brought them to their emotional state.

When it comes to what platform I prefer writing on, I tend to use Discord, but this website is also an adaptable realm. With this website, the only problem I've constantly had is with notifications, but with notifications now being sent to me through Discord, hopefully, it won't be an issue anymore. Yet, if I do use this website, I ask to keep it in private messages, as I'm not an avid fan of others reading my work - unless I'm posting it in book form - as I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to what stories I have public. I also tend to be known as what people call a mirror writer - mirroring my partner's output - though that doesn’t always apply. If I am not getting my preferred length from my partner (ex. being sent a one-sentence reply) I will try to give at least one to two paragraphs. (Here's my official warning about post length - please no sentences, I beg of you.) Unprompted if I am in love with the story - or depending on the current scenario/how many characters are involved I can write four to six paragraphs. Unprompted though, If I am not getting enough from my partner, or the story feels forced/off in some way - or again depending on the scenario that's occurring, I can write two or more paragraphs.

I love having OoC (AKA: Out of Character) conversations, for the reason of you get to know your partner, which can make you (or at least me) more comfortable, with the possibility of becoming friends. I tend to try and be a very polite person and get along with my writing partners as I tend to be shy in real life, and having a conversation with someone online is way easier than having a face-to-face conversation. Though, I do not tend to text people first, for my anxiety will not allow that in most cases. You grow used to the darkness consuming you eventually.

I can play both Male and Female characters in a strong fashion, yet I tend to play Males as most of my partners prefer playing Female characters, even though I like playing Female characters more. (Very tiring, though I've grown used to that as well, and even though I miss my female creations, having male characters isn't too hard for me to do if you have a preference.) I love doing slow-burning romances - yet I don't have a lot of experience when it comes to love scenes, and tend to favor the fade-to-black method when writing. The reason for this is I am a hard asexual and aromantic individual, so please accept that I can write cute romances and fluff scenes, but please expect no further from me when it comes to those tropes. Dark things, yes, that's my barrel. But anything opposite of angst further in the barrel beyond romances, relations, and fluff is not my cup of tea.

I tend to do dark-themed stories, (like my soul) and if there are any things that you find yourself uncomfortable with, please let me know and we can work around it. I also don't tend to do Fandoms or unoriginal characters, as I don't feel like they are my own and therefore I can't write much for them or I'm not familiar enough with said fandom, but depending on the fandom if there is a character I am in love with, I would love to give it a try (as long as you remain patient and kind) so don’t be afraid to ask! It seems I’ve dropped my proper mask here, in the end, I'm using such informal speech to y'all. Either way, there is one MAJOR exception I will always make to the fandom lore - and that's The Walking Dead! I am a big fan - I have my own original creations in that world, I've played the entire game series, and I'm writing a book about the main show - but haven't passed season seven yet. I vowed I would quit when a certain thing happened when I first started watching, and it came to fruition in season seven in the "The day will come when you won't be," episode, so...

I do prefer the quality of writing over the quantity but would at least prefer a paragraph with three to four sentences at a minimum. I can't handle one-sentence roleplays, as it gives me little to nothing to work with (believe me, I’ve worked with some partners who offer me one-liners, and I tried it at first, but have come to realize it isn’t my cup of tea.) I live in CST (Central Standard Time: IE: I’m standard so says the time system,) and play MxM along with MxF. I’ve only done one FxF pairing before, but if someone is willing to teach a noobie that kind of world, I would be more than happy to give it a shot!

I used to have a list of ideas to help spark readers into something they would want to do, but I’ve come to realize I’ve played too much into my tropes. Therefore, I have removed my idea list, leaving it open to the readers. If you have something you wish to play out, send me a DM, I’m more than open to anything typically and am fine with dark themes as well. Though I do have a few rules, which are as follows:

1.) I ask for quality over quantity, but please try to write at least one paragraph at the least with three to four sentences. I don’t mind if your responses are short or if there is a lot going on, but I need something to work with, and I want to know that you are interested in our story as well!

2.) Please send me work you are proud of. I try to give my partners posts that I think are quality, whether it's a long one to set the scene or a short one to move things along during an action sequence. I'm not asking for anyone to match my writing word for word if it's full of fluff or stuff (Like my rhyme? Not the time? Not in the rules thread? I can’t lighten the mood? Fine 😞), but I want to read something that will make me want to respond to the story and keep me excited about the roleplay.

3.) I am open to almost all dark themes, so I ask that my partner is as well, or at least let me know what you are uncomfortable with so we can find a workaround!

4.) Try your best to use proper spelling, grammar, and the like. Mistakes happen and that's 100% okay, (especially since I suck at grammar even though I had college English classes my whole life. Spelling, my friend? Funny, I wish!) but if I can't understand what you're trying to write I'll have a hard time responding if I can even understand it at all.

4.) I'd prefer it if you were 18 or older as I do tend to get into dark themes in my stories. I don't want to hold back graphic content or curse words because of a partner's age. The minimum age I'd be willing to work with is sixteen.

5.) Plot/chat with me! I like befriending my partners, I think it makes the whole experience more fun. We don't have to become BFFs or anything but please don't snub me if I ask how you are! And please contribute to the plot, it can’t be one-sided, for then you would not be interested in a story plot only one person made themselves without throwing a bit of spice labeled ‘Your Touch’ into our witch's brew!

6.) Even though I plan to get into dark themes, please be respectful of any triggers that may be thrown out. In addition, those topics can exist in our roleplays as they may fit well into some scenes or story plots, but please be respectful about how you write them.

7.) Patience with replies. It might take me a bit to get back to the roleplay sometimes, (Maybe a few days at most, though I usually tend to get back pretty fast if work and college allow it, and would love a partner who could as well. (Though I do know the real world exists, as I also live in it) So please, be patient! If you don't hear from me for a few days feel free to poke me, I'll try to respond as soon as I can! I tend to be active, but sometimes I have to leave for a few hours!

8.) If you're just not feeling the roleplay, feel free to let me know. I'm fairly ditching-friendly, I've been on both sides a hundred times, but if you're able to let me know we might be able to try something that works better for both of us, so keep that in mind! Because I would love to try and keep someone that I click with around!

And with that, I think that’s everything that I have for you to see. I just recently returned from a long leave - meaning I ghosted people on accident - once again, for the second time. My deepest apologies if you were one, I don’t wish to get into the matter of why I left but I’m back now. I do ask that you please DM me instead of responding to my thread if you are interested, as I will not respond to posts in this thread, and will only delete them. It lets me know that you have fully read through my thread! So with that, thank you for stopping by. If you need some time to rest before you move on to your next search, feel free to pull up a chair. Refreshments are on the counter and make yourself at home. 😊

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back