• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings In Search of A Committed Co-Writer (Partner Search)

Hello again. Fancy to see you all here today. For those of you that haven't had the chance, my name is JokerValentine. some of you may know me as simply Joker, which totally fine as well. I'm writing this post to look for fellow creators. My Role-play bin is dreadfully low, and between my own personal projects (two to be exact), I have nothing of real interest out there at all. So this is where you come in, you being the reader. I'm looking for a few things, so bear with me as I write them out.

So, what might your experience be?
I've been doing this gig for close to six years now, and almost two on RPN. I tend to write more detailed replies, but that is not a fixed length. I find that concept to be dreadful and boring. People get their panties in a know sometimes if the post is not a certain amount of paragraphs. I do have minimum requirements (let's say 2-3 detailed paragraphs minimu. Anything shorter than that is not going to work for me. I will typically shoot for 4-5 minimum if I'm invested. Casually, I will do about 3 paragraphs minimum.

Where might I be able to Role-play with you at?
I usually stay on RPN, but on rare occasion I will role play on Discord. I would hedge your bets to stay on-site, however.

What characters/settings/genres do you not like?
Unfortunately, as I know many here are avid fans, I do not do anything anime-related, fandom-related, or forced romance. That usually means fantasy or modern/reaslistic. I also don't do anything that would infringe on Site Rules. Setting-wise, I don't really have restrictions except for one. I don't do academy. Character-wise, I don't do well with fandom our anime characters. It's a personal preference, and I won't be shunning anyone that has such. Just understand that I won't be a very good partner if you don't feel comfortable not doing that. One last thing: I only play male characters.

What's a great thing to have if I wanna Role-play with you?
ACTIVITY. I want commitment to a Role-play. I've had a very bad string of role players who have started off great, but vanish from the thread for a long time, and then I see them elsewhere on the site. If it's not working out, tell me!

THINKING! I want this to be our project, not mine. I want to push you around, and I want you to do the same for me. I want someone who can take risks in-character, and not be afraid to try something new. I hate stale things, I really do. You won't catch me eating stale bread! It's gotta be fresh!

COMMUNICATION! If things pop up, tell me. I really do try my best to be as understanding as possible, and you won't offend me if you have to step away. I just appreciate if you tell me.

SKILL! Skill is stupid to think about. We're always learning. Regardless, I'm not exactly a rookie to this, and if you're not really comfortable with fleshing out a more detailed story, it's fine! It doesn't mean that I won't give you a chance.

INDEPENDENCE! I want you to be brave. Ask questions, do things to provoke, that type of stuff. I love it. I feed off of the energy of my partners, though not in a creepy Pennywise sort of way.

Do I need to provide a writing sample?
No need. I find it to be better to see how it goes in-context. :)

What do you feel about CSs?
It depends. We can discuss it in detail depending on the RPs. I also don't bother coding my stuff. Sorry!

What plots do you like?
My last Partner Search had a very narrow selection. Due to one of the greatest role-plays I have ever been, my horizons have expanded, to the point where it's hard for me to give a complete list. I don't flesh out ideas entirely either, as I want US to come up with it, not me. I want some reason for it to be investment-worthy for us all. Here's a list of a few ideas I had floating around in the ol' noggin:

1. Werewolf x Werewolf Hunter: my old staple, and I never quite tire of it. There are many renditions and ways to amalgamate this idea, and I open to most, if not all of them. I can tell you the story about why that is if you really are curious. I don't want bore you.

2. Cops n' Criminals Role-plays: Always a fun and easy one to do. Again, many more renditions and ways to formulate it. Once I get a feel for you, I can always try new things and adjust.

3. The Standard Epic: A new one I'm not very familiar with. I see this as taking place in a Dungeons and Dragons-type universe. As to what that means, I'm not an expert, but I see it to be a sort of Dark Age-like era. I want the story to centralize around some sort of journey our characters undertake together, or against one another. The choice is yours, and I see this may require doubling. I have no qualms with it, so long as both characters are given enough development and affection.

4. Small-Scale Apocalypse: I enjoy settings in which the location's locale is affected in a drastic way. As to what that is, I am entirely open for discussion. Zombies, however, are a bit overplayed and stale for me, and am looking for new things than that. Usually this would take place in a small village or larger geographical area, one that's rather isolated or cut off in some way. Our goal is to perhaps escape, survive, or do some sort of quest. Honestly, the idea of combining this and my idea #1 hardly grows old for me. It's an idea I constantly experiment with!

5. The Wild Card: Ask! Please ask! It doesn't hurt. I'm not one to shut myself off completely from new ideas. I learn through trying new things, and I grow. If you want to try something in the cybernetic future (though I don't know shit), I can try to do something with it. War-time? Sure, I can try it. It comes down to you. Even if it's a basic idea, I will work with you on it.

Last Words:
I enjoy creating. I'm pretty passionate about my projects, and I want the best and biggest successes from my partners. I try to surprise you, do some twists or turns on you. Most of all, I want to have fun. I guess I rally just want someone who thinks the way I do, and I know you guys are out there. So please, don't hesitate!

I'd love to partner with you! If possible, I have a pre-made kind of setting, where it is almost post-apocalyptic! If you want to, Contact me!

oh my GOODNESS I just got more and more eager reading this thread, you seem like someone I would really click with in roleplaying and I would love to discuss ideas with you!

PM me if you want! :)

Hey lovely!! I’d love to at least brainstorm with you if you’d like!!
I adore long term stories, full of romance, angst, mental illness and other things that tear two sane people to the ground.
If maybe, you wanna come up with something let me know!! ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back