Journal In need of friends/rant

Mx.Trinity

Pro Stranger
Alright... I've debated on making this post for quite some time. In all seriousness if nothing comes of this... it won't come as a surprise. So I've been dealing with a lot of psychological stress, and anxiety. To the point that it's a bit debilitating. I've searched for a long time on this site to find someone that I can talk to about my problems who will really understand and make an effort to be there for me. But the problem that occurs is that sometimes my anxiety/stress gets the better of me and I can come across as very toxic. I've lost some really important friends to me.

I know a lot of it is my fault but I'm sort of just... here... to get my mind off things and when people go out of their way to belittle or get mad at me for legitimately trying to help even in situations that don't specifically address me. It's become very frustrating and stressful being on RPN having to worry about if something I'm going to say will trigger someone having a bad day who thinks they have the right to hold any authority over me especially when I don't say anything disrespectful. I don't have many friends irl because I choose to separate myself from most people because I know most don't and won't even make an attempt to understand. Arguments and disagreeing are(is) bound to happen. When it occurs it seems like I've yet to encounter anyone that's willing to work it out and come out of it as better friends. The friends I do have I've been friends with for 10+ years because we all know and understand communication is key, dropping the ball on someone you offer your help too is really selfish and hurtful.

Anyways THIS POST may trigger some people and if that happens... please just keep it to yourself unless we know each other. So that's the bulk of it, and the complications involved. I'm just wondering what happened to cause the community to become so sensitive and aggressive. I remember when everyone got along and real friendships were possible.

Going on a bit of a tangent now but through countless roleplays there's always been people who just ignore anything you have to say even if you're trying to roleplay with them, then there's others who are very inconsiderate of the roleplay and when you try to talk to them about it they just leave without saying anything. Then you've got people who are so stuck up and full of themselves that any slight hint that they have any influence over the RP instantly makes them a police officer or person of authority over other members and throwing passive aggressive statements like "well if you were paying attention" around. Even some of the staff seems stand offish sometimes. I've suggested a few things I'd think would be helpful to the site and it's met with nothing but criticism and instantaneous "that wouldn't work here's a link to prove why". Like... I understand.... but there's no discussion that takes place no possibilities no suggestions on other things that COULD work it's always "no, you should do x,y,z instead". Like if I was asking for help I could understand but it's a suggestion it's meant to be discussed and ideas to be traded even if nothing comes of it aside from a good positive discussion. Idk... maybe I'm just being hypersensitive again. Who knows.

Hello there! >V> Thanks to coffee and early morning lurking, I saw the title 'In Need of friends' and thought I'd lend some good ol' fashioned friendly ears!

*Nods* I get the reasons why you separate yourself with most people. Hell, I have IRL friends, but I'm often having trouble figure out if they really like me for me and aren't just using me as some sort of Joke. I even have that problems with the friends I have on here! And sometimes, when I tell that to people older than me, it feels like they treat it like some kinda 'Teenager Hormone' thing that'll pass over time. Idk, that's probably the reason, but it still kinda hurts when they think I'm just whining instead of trying to solve the problem. And now that you've mentioned it, yeah, the community has been getting toxic as of late. People here like to get into drama or like to separate ages and genders and opinions and crap like that. I'm glad there are at least people out there willing to address that sorta issue, though!

I haven't had much interactions with the staff, but some of my friends do have problems with them from time to time. I wouldn't claim you to be hypersensitive, though. I mean, I can't really fault them for responses such as that though. I mean, if I was a guy that ran a whole website and had to manage donations and deal with annoying users who think they know the site better than me, my responses would be that way too. Although, you're right too. Suggestions should be discussed, even if they can be weird at times. And I'll admit. One or two staff members can be a bit rude at times.

You seem like a cool person! V u V I hope we become awesome friends!

Hello there! >V> Thanks to coffee and early morning lurking, I saw the title 'In Need of friends' and thought I'd lend some good ol' fashioned friendly ears!

*Nods* I get the reasons why you separate yourself with most people. Hell, I have IRL friends, but I'm often having trouble figure out if they really like me for me and aren't just using me as some sort of Joke. I even have that problems with the friends I have on here! And sometimes, when I tell that to people older than me, it feels like they treat it like some kinda 'Teenager Hormone' thing that'll pass over time. Idk, that's probably the reason, but it still kinda hurts when they think I'm just whining instead of trying to solve the problem. And now that you've mentioned it, yeah, the community has been getting toxic as of late. People here like to get into drama or like to separate ages and genders and opinions and crap like that. I'm glad there are at least people out there willing to address that sorta issue, though!

I haven't had much interactions with the staff, but some of my friends do have problems with them from time to time. I wouldn't claim you to be hypersensitive, though. I mean, I can't really fault them for responses such as that though. I mean, if I was a guy that ran a whole website and had to manage donations and deal with annoying users who think they know the site better than me, my responses would be that way too. Although, you're right too. Suggestions should be discussed, even if they can be weird at times. And I'll admit. One or two staff members can be a bit rude at times.

You seem like a cool person! V u V I hope we become awesome friends!
I hope so too, I'm probably a bit older than most users on the site. Because of that life experiences and all interactions have been weighted and found wanting or unwanting. I know the kind of people I enjoy the company of and as long as you can be honest with me, no matter how harsh (at least try to be respectful haha) we should get along just fine.

I hope so too, I'm probably a bit older than most users on the site. Because of that life experiences and all interactions have been weighted and found wanting or unwanting. I know the kind of people I enjoy the company of and as long as you can be honest with me, no matter how harsh (at least try to be respectful haha) we should get along just fine.
Honest eh? ...Okay, sure! I don't always squeeze the bottom of the tube when I brush my teeth and I have at least five spongebob songs on spotify!

Also, that means ya gotta be honest with me too! I mean, most things don't offend me much, but don't, like, turn a feedback from a CS into a complete roast! XD

Honest eh? ...Okay, sure! I don't always squeeze the bottom of the tube when I brush my teeth and I have at least five spongebob songs on spotify!

Also, that means ya gotta be honest with me too! I mean, most things don't offend me much, but don't, like, turn a feedback from a CS into a complete roast! XD
nono I think thats a misconception people have of me. Because of my rough and pokey exterior they automatically assume i cause drama unnecessarily and draw problems out. Which may be true for things I don't care about but for things like feedback from friends or what have you on character sheets or general criticisms I don't mind, honestly. I'm a very complicated person, it takes a bit of getting used too

Hello! I totally understand where you're coming from, and if you want to talk to someone openly and let yourself be as 'toxic' as you like, feel free to message me. I am similar in that I can be very hotheaded when I am stressed and anxious. I have the huge issue of when I tell people something personal, I worry over whether they think I'm lying or just trying to get attention or whatever.. so when it comes to people talking to me, I vow to make sure they never feel like that. I take everything seriously and I'm honest to a fault sometimes. If you want someone to be honest with you but there for you and listen to you, then yeah, message me.

As for the community.. I disappeared for a while and just came back yesterday and I never interacted much before. From what I saw, there were a lot of nice people, but there was/is also a lot of rude, closed off people who aren't the most forthcoming with making friends or even being polite. But I think that happens in a lot of communities and you just have to take it as it is, and find people you do mesh with.

Hello! I totally understand where you're coming from, and if you want to talk to someone openly and let yourself be as 'toxic' as you like, feel free to message me. I am similar in that I can be very hotheaded when I am stressed and anxious. I have the huge issue of when I tell people something personal, I worry over whether they think I'm lying or just trying to get attention or whatever.. so when it comes to people talking to me, I vow to make sure they never feel like that. I take everything seriously and I'm honest to a fault sometimes. If you want someone to be honest with you but there for you and listen to you, then yeah, message me.

As for the community.. I disappeared for a while and just came back yesterday and I never interacted much before. From what I saw, there were a lot of nice people, but there was/is also a lot of rude, closed off people who aren't the most forthcoming with making friends or even being polite. But I think that happens in a lot of communities and you just have to take it as it is, and find people you do mesh with.

Feel free to add me to your followers I'm currently engaged in some PM's so it may take me a bit to reply but I really do appreciate this support. I've not been able to find anyone to talk too

heeeeellloooo dearie! okay that long hello was unnecessary, but nevetheless, hello!

i honestly completely understand where you're coming from. i honestly am still feeling that way so i have somewhat dropped most of my rps unless it's with a group that i have been with for a long time. i find that there will be people i mesh well with and people i won't mesh well with and that's honestly okay! but at the same time, just having that little voice over your head of wondering if it was alright to post such a thing was okay or even the fact that what you write in ic was understandable to the point that there wasn't spelling mistakes, incorrect correct grammar, etc. (totally different story but you get where i'm coming from with always worrying excessively)

even as i'm writing this post, i'm making sure i spelled everything correctly and whatnot. i still believe real friendships here are possible and even as well as nice, passing acquaintances as well. i do agree that things have been sensitive and aggressive as of late but i feel like that draws from the outside world as well since everything has been thrown into chaos. (i'm getting off topic again sorry)

anyways, i'm a guarded person in general, even if i doesn't seem like that cause i love love welcoming people and being friendly with them because again, you never know when you'll have a bad day! and honestly? i don't mind being your friend, i honestly thought we were cause we bonded briefly (hehehe cause dogs are life) and i also felt like you were an admirable person only because like what someone as said above, you're speaking up and it takes courage to make suggestions, help someone out , and etc. with the anxiety and other personal issues that you may have. so you're very brave and outspoken!

anyways, if you'd like to chit chat some more, don't hesitate! sometimes just needing an ear and ranting it out helps cause i'm sure we would connect over anything and everything! <3

heeeeellloooo dearie! okay that long hello was unnecessary, but nevetheless, hello!

i honestly completely understand where you're coming from. i honestly am still feeling that way so i have somewhat dropped most of my rps unless it's with a group that i have been with for a long time. i find that there will be people i mesh well with and people i won't mesh well with and that's honestly okay! but at the same time, just having that little voice over your head of wondering if it was alright to post such a thing was okay or even the fact that what you write in ic was understandable to the point that there wasn't spelling mistakes, incorrect correct grammar, etc. (totally different story but you get where i'm coming from with always worrying excessively)

even as i'm writing this post, i'm making sure i spelled everything correctly and whatnot. i still believe real friendships here are possible and even as well as nice, passing acquaintances as well. i do agree that things have been sensitive and aggressive as of late but i feel like that draws from the outside world as well since everything has been thrown into chaos. (i'm getting off topic again sorry)

anyways, i'm a guarded person in general, even if i doesn't seem like that cause i love love welcoming people and being friendly with them because again, you never know when you'll have a bad day! and honestly? i don't mind being your friend, i honestly thought we were cause we bonded briefly (hehehe cause dogs are life) and i also felt like you were an admirable person only because like what someone as said above, you're speaking up and it takes courage to make suggestions, help someone out , and etc. with the anxiety and other personal issues that you may have. so you're very brave and outspoken!

anyways, if you'd like to chit chat some more, don't hesitate! sometimes just needing an ear and ranting it out helps cause i'm sure we would connect over anything and everything! <3
Awh' I appreciate that hun <3 If you need to talk or anything let me know... I appreciate your concern and desire for friendship. I think this is a relatively short post but I'm currently discussing an rp with a friend!

Anyone here? Feeling pretty alienated and out of place. Can't find a roleplay to be a part of without feeling separated and out of place. I've got 1 roleplay that's going to take a year to set up at this pace. 1 roleplay that I was really excited to be a part of but can't find anyone to pair up with. and another roleplay which I waited an entire week for just the character sheet... I can't believe it's this hard to find an active roleplay that I can also relate and connect with whoever I'm trying to group with. This is really fucking exhausting...

hi. i need a friend too sooo... idk maybe we can try this thing called socializing?
please don't reject me, i read your post

It's such a complicated thing though... but sure I like to chit chat through messages or through discord RP groups

yeah i really don't get it...
do you have a discord by any chance? i'm assuming you do but nothing should be assumed.

Maybe you don't have friends because you reject people trying to be a friend. Just sayin.

Maybe you don't have friends because you reject people trying to be a friend. Just sayin.
I understand the importance of deeper relations than just... an online acquaintance that doesn't want to hassle with anyone that causes them more stress than they have in their real life. I wrote the journal for a reason, for it to be read. If you choose not to read it then I can't take your extended hand seriously regardless of the intent. When you've had friends for years and then lost them over something petty it can cause you to analyze the people you keep in your life more closely. I don't want to waste energy on people who don't want to be there for me. I've actually made a couple of friends from this journal, friends that I can talk too. Because I was particular about the way I went about it. Sorry if this isn't your ideal way of making friends but is is mine. Maybe this will give you a bit more understanding about the situation and the gravity of my circumstances. Our definition of friend is clearly different.

Alright... I've debated on making this post for quite some time. In all seriousness if nothing comes of this... it won't come as a surprise. So I've been dealing with a lot of psychological stress, and anxiety. To the point that it's a bit debilitating. I've searched for a long time on this site to find someone that I can talk to about my problems who will really understand and make an effort to be there for me. But the problem that occurs is that sometimes my anxiety/stress gets the better of me and I can come across as very toxic. I've lost some really important friends to me.

I know a lot of it is my fault but I'm sort of just... here... to get my mind off things and when people go out of their way to belittle or get mad at me for legitimately trying to help even in situations that don't specifically address me. It's become very frustrating and stressful being on RPN having to worry about if something I'm going to say will trigger someone having a bad day who thinks they have the right to hold any authority over me especially when I don't say anything disrespectful. I don't have many friends irl because I choose to separate myself from most people because I know most don't and won't even make an attempt to understand. Arguments and disagreeing are(is) bound to happen. When it occurs it seems like I've yet to encounter anyone that's willing to work it out and come out of it as better friends. The friends I do have I've been friends with for 10+ years because we all know and understand communication is key, dropping the ball on someone you offer your help too is really selfish and hurtful.

Anyways THIS POST may trigger some people and if that happens... please just keep it to yourself unless we know each other. So that's the bulk of it, and the complications involved. I'm just wondering what happened to cause the community to become so sensitive and aggressive. I remember when everyone got along and real friendships were possible.

Going on a bit of a tangent now but through countless roleplays there's always been people who just ignore anything you have to say even if you're trying to roleplay with them, then there's others who are very inconsiderate of the roleplay and when you try to talk to them about it they just leave without saying anything. Then you've got people who are so stuck up and full of themselves that any slight hint that they have any influence over the RP instantly makes them a police officer or person of authority over other members and throwing passive aggressive statements like "well if you were paying attention" around. Even some of the staff seems stand offish sometimes. I've suggested a few things I'd think would be helpful to the site and it's met with nothing but criticism and instantaneous "that wouldn't work here's a link to prove why". Like... I understand.... but there's no discussion that takes place no possibilities no suggestions on other things that COULD work it's always "no, you should do x,y,z instead". Like if I was asking for help I could understand but it's a suggestion it's meant to be discussed and ideas to be traded even if nothing comes of it aside from a good positive discussion. Idk... maybe I'm just being hypersensitive again. Who knows.
Eheh
If you have sensitive friends, well, that's depressing. If you've lost friends over saying something that wasn't intentionally hurtful, that's on them.
I haven't lost any irl friends that way, thank goodness.

I will tell you, though, some people are naturally critical, not because they want to hurt you, but to better you.
For instance, I have X idea.
Steve says that I should consider X.a
I automatically feel defensive and like he's insulting me directly. Maybe he has more criticisms about X waiting in store! I have to strike this down before Steve can let me know about X.b, X.c, X.d, and X.e!
Actually, Steve thinks that other than X.a, X is perfect in every other way. He's legitimately trying to help me think of other options. If X.a as it stands doesn't work, I can try to come up with X.a1, and maybe he can help me come up with it, too!
But it's hard to tell if constructive criticism is constructive or demolition...ing. Ye. Goin' with that.

Longest of epics to the shortest of haikus, I'll be your friend :grinningteeth:

I understand the importance of deeper relations than just... an online acquaintance that doesn't want to hassle with anyone that causes them more stress than they have in their real life. I wrote the journal for a reason, for it to be read. If you choose not to read it then I can't take your extended hand seriously regardless of the intent. When you've had friends for years and then lost them over something petty it can cause you to analyze the people you keep in your life more closely. I don't want to waste energy on people who don't want to be there for me. I've actually made a couple of friends from this journal, friends that I can talk too. Because I was particular about the way I went about it. Sorry if this isn't your ideal way of making friends but is is mine. Maybe this will give you a bit more understanding about the situation and the gravity of my circumstances. Our definition of friend is clearly different.

While I'll admit that friendships can start out with both people instantly being attached to the other, that's the exception, not the rule. Especially when it comes to online. While at first you might just be talking to someone, you might come to find you have a lot in common. Saying you don't want to talk to someone just because you don't want a 'surface level's friendship is silly. I also refuse to believe this is your only way of making friends anymore.

Eheh
If you have sensitive friends, well, that's depressing. If you've lost friends over saying something that wasn't intentionally hurtful, that's on them.
I haven't lost any irl friends that way, thank goodness.

I will tell you, though, some people are naturally critical, not because they want to hurt you, but to better you.
For instance, I have X idea.
Steve says that I should consider X.a
I automatically feel defensive and like he's insulting me directly. Maybe he has more criticisms about X waiting in store! I have to strike this down before Steve can let me know about X.b, X.c, X.d, and X.e!
Actually, Steve thinks that other than X.a, X is perfect in every other way. He's legitimately trying to help me think of other options. If X.a as it stands doesn't work, I can try to come up with X.a1, and maybe he can help me come up with it, too!
But it's hard to tell if constructive criticism is constructive or demolition...ing. Ye. Goin' with that.

Longest of epics to the shortest of haikus, I'll be your friend :grinningteeth:

awh' well thank you....

Despite my confusion at first I completely understand the rest of your messages using the indescribable variables. Generally speaking if it's a criticism full of information I don't take personal offense to it. If it just serves to tell me I'm wrong without any sort of reason as to why, or is obviously made to offend me then that's when I get upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back