• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

In need of a beta reader (Marvel comics)

Becca's Bliss

Gamma-fied Glory
Hi, I've been writing a fanfic about the next generation of Avengers for two years now, but due to life and writer's block, I haven't gotten very far with it (only 2 measly chapters). I would like to have someone to bounce ideas off of that can give me a new perspective when I get stuck or if something in my writing just isn't working. I would especially like someone who is knowledgeable about Marvel comics (not movies).

My strengths:

-Character development 

-Emotional scenes

-Planning out plots way into the future 

Things I struggle with:

-Action scenes 

-Keeping my mind on the present events

-Writing from a male's perspective (depending on the personality)

Stuff I'm okay with writing about but would appreciate having someone with more knowledge than myself to help out:

-Any sexuality other than asexual

-Transgender characters 

-Mental illnesses, especially bi-polar disorder and multiple personality disorder 

-Growing up in another country (I have a character from Russia and one from Africa)

-Dating people

I wouldn't mind having multiple beta readers; in fact, the more, the merrier. If this interests you, let me know and I'll DM you the link.

I've been more or less following the characters up to Civ War 2 though not too many of the new issues. I do love where they're going with vision though and some of their new takes are looking promising atm. I'm lacking in terms of X-men know how since I followed only the major story arcs of yesteryear. 

Just to clarify you just want opinions and plausibility checks on the actions of the canon characters? Or is it something else?

I've been more or less following the characters up to Civ War 2 though not too many of the new issues. I do love where they're going with vision though and some of their new takes are looking promising atm. I'm lacking in terms of X-men know how since I followed only the major story arcs of yesteryear. 

Just to clarify you just want opinions and plausibility checks on the actions of the canon characters? Or is it something else?

Yep, I just want someone that can give me feedback and that I can bounce ideas off of. As far as information from the comics themselves, my fanfiction takes place in an alternate universe that's a bit of a mix between our world and Earth-616. I would like to follow the lore of the comics as closely as possible, but there may be a few events that I have to tweak or leave out for the purposes of the story. My only problem is that I haven't had the time or budget to read a whole bunch of comics. I get most of my information from the Marvel database, Comicvine, and Wikipedia, so being able to discuss things with someone who knows a little more than I do would be helpful when introducing canon characters or mentioning a historical event within the story.

Sure. You can just send me something you've written or ideas you have and I can review them. There was a site I used to frequent but it the host of the server had other stuff to so it went down. Had a huge store of comics but it's gone now.

Nonetheless if it's just reading then I can do that without much of a hassle.

I can provide a tough critique if that's what you're really looking for. I'm good with action scenes and know my Marvel, the entire universe. 

Sadly Marvel, especially X-Men, isn't what it used to be. The newer generation is loving it, but the Ultimate Universe reboot - although necessary for many reasons - has not been for the better, particularly with series like Hulk, the whole Gamma Family thing they ran straight into he ground.

Ultimate Marvel has been largely considered on it's way out the door for a year or more now. It started big because was a big exciting change, but as time went on it just fell apart.

So in terms of post-Ultimate X-Men, you're really not missing much. The gory days of X-Men are where it's been at, and it seems to be where it has stayed.

One huge beef actual comic fans have is the remodeling of huge character like Tony Stark and Nick Fury after their MCU counterparts. It really hasn't gone over wel, but you can't blame for wanting to cling to and foster the new-found fan following generated by the big screen mock-ups. It's all about money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back